All ConstructionOnline Reviews

Rean

Reviewed October 2017

This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

PROS

I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

CONS

There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

Nick

Reviewed January 2024

6 months in and starting to love it

It was intuitive to set up but also very labor intensive. Took me about eight weeks of 60 hour days to get the basics up and running.

PROS

Selections Easy to use Similar enough to others that users can learn it very quickly. Scheduling looks like it’s going to work very well. Would like to see scheduling by the hour not just by the day.

CONS

Payroll doesn’t import as they don’t link to Quickbooks online Doesn’t track subcontractor insurance policies Doesn’t provide lien waivers so we have to use a third system to get that No bid management system for gathering subcontractor bids, selecting and awarding subcontracts. It’s all very manual and thus very prone to error.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Sage has destoyed Timberline Co-Construct was bought by BuilderTrend ProCore doesn’t fit residential Quickbooks doesn’t do project management Project and Primavera don’t integrate financial information in the decision making process.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

BuildXAct worked great for estimating but as soon as we tried to use it for project management it fell flat on its face.

Drew

Reviewed July 2024

New user, Very pleased!

Hired in with this company 2 weeks ago and was introduced to CO. Since day one it has been so easy to update daily reports, upload photos, go back to the plans for reference. Overall, ConstructionOnline is an amazing platform and has it all we need to keep the job moving forward.

PROS

The ease to navigate the website and the use of the app for the mobile.

CONS

Havent had any cons as of yet. Honestly not far enough in my project to use the complete function of CO

Steve

Reviewed August 2021

Almost, but missed the mark

Customer service is very helpful for the product they have. Unfortunately they miss on some pretty basis stuff. We have been told for over a year that development team is working on some of the basic fixes and still nothing changes.

PROS

Estimation portion is good. Job costing is fair.

CONS

It does not have the ability to provide clients with add/alternate pricing. Seems like a very basic feature that most construction companies are asked to provide. This one slipped by us through all the demo's and we have been frustrated for over a year with this. Have to manually do work arounds. Also we are a commercial construction company that does about 300 jobs a year. The software does not even have the ability to assign each project a job #. With as many jobs going on, we have to be able to cost every purchase and we do that using job #'s and PO#'s. We are manually assigning each job a number. These are just two of the larger misses on this software.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Procore was overkill for the size projects we were doing and we had been happy with Construction Suite. Learning curve to switch to CO was easier as alot of the estimating had similar look and feel to what we had been using.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

They were stopping updates to Construction Suite and making it cost prohibitive. Thus trying to move all their clients to Construction Online. We were told that most all the features were available in CO that we had in Construction Suite. By the way they did have auto generated job #'s on old and you were able to provide "option" pricing in old system.

Edward

Reviewed April 2024

Highly Recommend due to better communication with Owners and subcontractors

I believe we were one of the first companies to come aboard and have learned to use the platform as a great advantage for our team.

PROS

We like the scheduling and estimating components of the program the best. We can have all our resources in one place and easily communicate Schedules, Change orders and Proposals to Owners, Subcontractors and Suppliers.

CONS

I would like to see the Lead tracking be more like a CRM where you could email your contacts and schedule automated follow-ups.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Ease of use and learning curve. We got up to speed very quickly and we had a good trial period to learn.

Joe

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Merging UDA with our needs

So far Customer Service has been GREAT!

PROS

One source or solution, everything under one platform.

CONS

Lack of a prebuilt RS Means construction cost database option.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Had a platform we thought we could adapt to our requirements

Aaron

Reviewed January 2023

Great Construction Management Software

I like Construction Online and can't wait to see what it will improve into down the line. It's come a long way from where it was years ago.

PROS

My favorite feature is being able to access project information anywhere. You can see the schedule, tasks, pictures, and plans. Collaboration can happen quickly with it problem solving.

CONS

Data and Business Intelligence features could use some improvement, but that's the typical failing of the entire industry.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Price or didn't adequately do anything in terms of helping the business processes of Construction.

Nick

Reviewed December 2023

Constrction Online User Review

MY overall experience is a B+. I have really enjoyed this software and will continue to implement it throughout my career.

PROS

CO has been a major success within our company in regard to organization and communication.

CONS

There are a lot of features that have proven to be a bit tricky to fully understand. Scheduling is an example. I have found it difficult to fully grasp the predecessors and start vs finish date shifting.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

UDA consolidated all of my programs into one easily accessible platform.

michael

Reviewed February 2024

Consulting

PROS

ease of transition from current software

CONS

The dash board was kind of hare to get use to...

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

More options for our growning company...

Reviewed February 2024

It was hard for me to change programs, but it was the best decision I could have made..

I can tell UDA spent a great deal of time putting this program together. There are a couple things I hope they will change but the ease-of-use once you get up to speed is wonderful. I have found the customer service to be the best I have ever received.

PROS

It is packed with every tool I will ever need to manage my construction company. Also, the customer support is top notch.

CONS

I found migrating my projects and linking them to clients from Construction Suite was very time consuming. The calendar only migrated over two weeks from the whole year. I had to repopulate the calendar all over again.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

I was forced to. The other program that I used for 20 years was not going to be supported anymore. Sometimes great decisions have to smack you on the head for you to see them.

Heather

Reviewed June 2022

Conversion

PROS

Organization, flexibility, ease in creating catalogues, ease in entering estimates

CONS

Finding a clients phone number when in the opportunity is frustrating. Also, there are not enough fields to enter phone numbers and emails.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

BuilderTrend "upgraded" their software and it became user UN-friendly, non-customizable, and impossible to work with.

Lauren

Reviewed February 2023

ConstructionOnline increased our productivity

It was a little slow going at first, but we are picking up speed. We got an assistant project manager fresh out of school who is adding more information on the technical side of things. On the client side, we are loving the fast, clear, professional communication with our clients, and being able to estimate and send invoices with a few clicks. We are going to continue to add things as we go, and I think after a year we will look up and wonder at what we have been able to accomplish with Construction Online.

PROS

This has been a huge upgrade for us in terms of productivity. We are an older company that has stuck to the same way of doing things for a very long time. Construction Online was fairly simple to implement. We like the flexibility of the system, where we can use the features to suit our needs.

CONS

I don't like the added steps we have to take to add any text to an invoice. I would like a feature similar to what we have in estimating, where I can add a signing page.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

Procore was 3x's more expensive than Construction Online, and it looked daunting to operate.

Kenneth

Reviewed February 2023

Big Fan!!!

PROS

I really like the estimating integration and project tracking. Its nice to have a platform to house all the information about one project.

CONS

Adding Sheets to a current set is a cumbersome. It would be great id we could add the Architects revision number instead of V1 V2 etc.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

More user friendly on the whole. Additionally, the estimating integration is miles ahead of Procore.

Juan

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed September 2023

JFL Plug Power Mechanical Engineering review

Overall it's a great software. I have used countless apps and software that detail site information. I think the user interface is fantastic in my opinion, one of the best if not the best. I don't know how the project score works but I'm going to get more familiar. I think just doing this review has opened my world up to all these other tools that I will be using.

PROS

The individual who designed the site interface did a great job. The weather and latest project activity are items that I'll now open when speaking to the engineer at site. In doing this review, I found out that I can see the address of the site, which sounds simple, but is INCREDIBLY useful. If one can imagine, I am looking for a site in 2015, and there are 8 buildings owned by the same major company. It takes me say, 10-15 min finding on google maps where the site exactly is, and even then sometimes it's unclear. Using this site already saved my 2 hours just with that simple application on the main user screen while I was doing this review.

CONS

I think I'd like to have a "Read Me" about each particular site so that I understand what the mindset is of the individual onsite. As an example, a read me note would detail "Raymond Furr will be at site on Monday's and Fridays doing XYZ check, and uploading pictures as the equipment is installed. Feel free to upload site pictures if you have visited the site, or were sent by another party, but understand that I will review the images and may remove if aren't associated with site". This would be similar to "Jobsite Instructions", but it would be to a different audience, mainly to those who aren't on site and need/provide digital information

Aleia

Reviewed March 2024

Our Processes Have Improved Exponentially!

PROS

Construction Online has emerged as our beacon of efficiency. Previously, our operations relied heavily on manual tasks, hindering our productivity and overall effectiveness. With Construction Online, however, we've experienced a paradigm shift. The platform's robust features have empowered us to streamline our internal communication seamlessly. Now, every member of our team is on the same page, fostering collaboration and enhancing productivity. Moreover, Construction Online's project management tools have been instrumental in keeping us on track. We can closely monitor our projects, both in terms of schedule and budget, with unparalleled precision. This level of oversight has enabled us to proactively address potential issues before they escalate, ensuring smooth project delivery every time. One of the standout advantages of Construction Online is its centralized information repository. Gone are the days of searching through endless folders and emails for crucial data. With all our information consolidated in one place, accessing project details, documents, and communications has never been easier. This centralized approach has not only saved us valuable time but has also improved our organization's overall efficiency.

CONS

While Construction Online has significantly enhanced our operations, we did encounter a notable challenge specific to our location in British Columbia. The platform's handling of Provincial Sales Tax (PST) posed a hurdle for us, as it's not recognized within the system. This limitation required us to devise a workaround, particularly concerning the integration of QuickBooks Actuals from QuickBooks Online. While this was a manageable inconvenience, it did necessitate additional steps in our financial processes.

Reviewed March 2024

Ivey Custom Homes - UDA Construction Online

Overall im very pleased with CO. I started out in 2003 or so with just the estimating program, so it has came a long way. Time spent with the system is efficient and user friendly. My employees picked it up quick and its used daily.

PROS

Just about everything now that the insurance tracking has been added. This will now allow all information to be in one place.

CONS

Really wish you could add WIP based accounting to the software so it would be more tailored to the industry. As a QB user, QB is somewhat generic for home building and the online version is even more. An all in one offering with accounting, heck i would pay more to have the integration in one package.

Reason for choosing ConstructionOnline

I tried Co-construct but we had issues with it and now buildertrend owns them. CO as a sales team, were not pushy or arrogant, like BT. So it's the only system i considered.

Alyssa

Reviewed June 2022

Happy User

PROS

Our favorite features are the messaging and financial features. The messaging portal makes it easy to organize your conversations and allow all team members to stay in the loop. The estimation, client selections, change orders, and invoicing features work great and make it easy to integrate with Quickbooks.

CONS

The feature we use the least and feel could be improved is the time tracking feature. We have attempted to use it in the past, but find Quickbooks Time to be easier and more user friendly, especially when it comes to integrating for payroll. The opportunities feature is also fantastic, but we do wish the opportunities could be accessed in the mobile app and synced to Quickbooks. We have some opportunities that might not become a project, but require invoicing for time spent on designs, etc. This is not possible in the opportunities section at the moment and we end up having to copy the estimate information into Quickbooks manually.

Jacob

Reviewed May 2024

Excellent Construction management software, would highly recommend

PROS

CO's online scheduling is great, I love the automatic scheuduling updates that it sends out on a weekly basis.

CONS

In order to get a feature or two that you'd like, you need to be upgraded to a higher tier which doubles or triples the price

Kenneth