What are ConstructionOnline users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using ConstructionOnline software through verified user reviews

• icon"The user interface is a lot easier. Uploading files and adding clients/team members is significantly better."
  • icon"Also, the client portal will be helpful. They have been very helpful in trying to help us get the software integrated into our business."
  • icon"I like how the software is very easy to use. I have not been on the team long, but have been able to quickly catch up because of how simple and effortless it can be to run a project."
  • icon"Don't really have any dislikes. My only complaint is that I waited too long to do the integration between my software programs."
  • icon"Customer service is crap. Features break down all the time and they are no help at getting them fixed."
  • icon"If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates."

Browse all ConstructionOnline Reviews

• Have you used ConstructionOnline and would like to share your experience with others?

Rean

This is the best new "toy" I've had in years. I feel like a kid in a candy store!

Saves time. Makes it easy to find stuff. Helps you stay organized. Keeps subs, vendors, owners, architects, vendors all on the same page.

Pros

I am a new user of this kind of software. A few months ago I did not even know that something like this existed. It has opened a whole new world for me and I am blown away by what this software can do. We demo'ed a few competing products before making a choice and it was the wide range of features at the most competitive price that sold us on ConstructionOnline. I especially like the messaging feature which is basically an email system dedicated to one specific project.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike about ConstructionOnline, there are just some features I do not use as they do not meet my needs as a commercial general contractor. For example, I do not use Estimating and Change Orders as they seem to be less robust than some of the other software products. These features seem to be geared more towards the residential market. However, I realize it is hard to be everything for everyone. A feature, I think, that would be nice would be the ability to sign documents electronically. Maybe one can do it through Redline; if so, I have not been able to figure it out yet. As a general contractor one has to collect submittal packages from vendors and subcontractors, review them, and then attach a separate sheet to the package, that contains your stamp of approval/comments/signature on it, before you forward the submittal package on to the architect/engineer for review. On this submittal sheet there is space for the different reviewers to add their stamps as well. It would be nice if ConstructionOnline could generate this submittal sheet that you can attach to submittal packages sent to you. Currently, I generate the submittal sheet in another project management program, print it, place my stamp on it, sign it, scan it back into my computer, upload it to a pdf editor, add it to the submittal package file, and then upload the combined file to ConstructionOnline. It would be nice if you could do it all in ConstructionOnline.

Greg

Housing Project

Keeping a major development organized, and communication between al aspects of the company smooth.

Pros

Easy start up and intuitive to use. Transferable from laptop to tablet to phone.

Cons

When taking photos of multiple Projects, it is necessary to back completely out of the Program and then re-enter. There is no way to jump from project to project.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

Better lines of communication between management.

Steve

Almost, but missed the mark

Customer service is very helpful for the product they have. Unfortunately they miss on some pretty basis stuff. We have been told for over a year that development team is working on some of the basic fixes and still nothing changes.

Pros

Estimation portion is good. Job costing is fair.

Cons

It does not have the ability to provide clients with add/alternate pricing. Seems like a very basic feature that most construction companies are asked to provide. This one slipped by us through all the demo's and we have been frustrated for over a year with this. Have to manually do work arounds. Also we are a commercial construction company that does about 300 jobs a year. The software does not even have the ability to assign each project a job #. With as many jobs going on, we have to be able to cost every purchase and we do that using job #'s and PO#'s. We are manually assigning each job a number. These are just two of the larger misses on this software.

Reasons for choosing ConstructionOnline

Procore was overkill for the size projects we were doing and we had been happy with Construction Suite. Learning curve to switch to CO was easier as alot of the estimating had similar look and feel to what we had been using.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

They were stopping updates to Construction Suite and making it cost prohibitive. Thus trying to move all their clients to Construction Online. We were told that most all the features were available in CO that we had in Construction Suite. By the way they did have auto generated job #'s on old and you were able to provide "option" pricing in old system.

scott

February 2022

Outstanding Support!

Organization, communication, scheduling, efficiency, productivity all improved by utilizing UDA.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the almost instant customer support given through the live chat and the knowledge of all of the techs is superb.

Cons

We are getting ready to integrate Quickbooks Desktop and it would be nice if UDA had their own accounting software within the program.

Reasons for choosing ConstructionOnline

At the time was the price. What kept us was and is the support.

Kelly

Excellent speed and ease of use

Mananging numerous subcontractors on numerous projects. Makes keeping track easy.

Pros

The fact that it is extremely fast and has a ton of great features

Cons

Not sure yet I haven't used enough to find a con.

Reasons for choosing ConstructionOnline

All around ease use and function sand they were more affordable.

Company use of Construction Online

Pros

We were looking at several products that would allow us to place all details for a project in one place. Once we test ran CO, the search was over. It is simple to navigate and use, even for employees that have no construction background. Building high end custom homes, it is imperitive we are all on the same page( and team ) with information and CO provides us the platform for that. Along with QBooks integration, we now have a stand alone system that has streamlined our productivity.

Cons

While incorporating CO with our system was somewhat flawless and quick, the tech support they offer is simply phenominal. These professionals really know the product so most issues, if any, are resolved quickly. After using CO for a year now, we would like to see the ability to have a seperate section for warranty on each project. It could be added to the punchlist section as those go along with each other.

Kenneth

Professional Impact

Just Fantastic and it continues to get better each year.

Pros

The estimating module is very east to use and allows for quick changes and efficient communication. The Construction online is the best there is when it comes to project tracking and communication with all team members.,

Cons

Getting proper job costs from Quickbooks. It's helpful but also confusing.

Pricing / Ease of use.

Eris

UDA Construction Has Been Beneficial for Our Design Business

Pros

UDA is a convenient place for all of our client's documents to be stored and shared across clients, subcontractors, project manager, and designers. The feature that allows clients to "approve" each choice ensures that their desires are withheld during the building process. Having a virtual format for all of this information is essential for our design business where clients are often out of state and makes communication easier. The live chat function on the software is great for questions about the software that are quickly answered by a representative.

Cons

The organization of categories, selections, and choices could be improved by having more flexibility for their organization. Often, we have multiple choices for a selection, and it would be easier for our flow for a client to approve multiple choices within a selection. However, we have found ways to work around this limitation.

SBC Review

Pros

Financial integration with Quickbooks. Estimating land project scheduling are the best features.

Cons

Estimating spreadsheet could be a little more residential builder friendly. Contacts vs Lead tracking is a little confusing and complicated to have both sections. Opportunities do not have communications (this is a time when we are communicating a lot with the client). COL also could use a section to send out bids and get replies from there. Selections could also use an update. It can get very confusing.

May 2022

Construction Management for Pros

Great for keeping all members of the team on the same page.

Pros

Ease of use, thoroughness of job costing and seamless integration between estimating and document generation.

Cons

Two things: 1. Cost. Although it is a good value, there should be tiered plans for smaller companies with fewer users. 2. Better Project Management options to keep track of hours and material costs during a project.

May 2022

Construction Online is a Must Have

Our company has used Construction Online for almost 10 years now. The UDA team made the tailoring of their product to our specific needs really easy and the learning curve with our organization was quite short. Construction Online has improved every aspect from our estimating to our production and the whole client experience. I would never start another project without the full workings of it going through Construction Online.

Pros

Our primarily use for Construction Online is estimating, scheduling and job costing, and these features have been integral to our success as a company. We can easily build budgets for our clients, schedule projects and then track the job costing throughout the duration of the project. Everything can be built with templates which saves numerous hours and the real time job costing helps guides decisions throughout the build. The scheduling has allowed our project managers to plan well in advance which has created a smooth construction process.

Cons

The documents which can be autogenerated are great but I have found it quite tough to customize them to a format which can be sent directly to our clients or trade partners. This is more of just a personal preference rather than a drawback to the product.

Reasons for choosing ConstructionOnline

Construction Online offered more in the sense of estimating. I much preferred the way Construction Online estimates were set up. I found it to be more inline with the views I was used to using and the job costing went into more detail which is what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

I wanted to use a software that would allow me to track job costs in relation to our estimates. That was not something CoConstruct was offering.

Johanna

Katy taught me how to update contacts to allow for punchlist viewing by our team members.

So many! Help with organizing - help with scheduling - help with wrangling everything!!! Gotta get back to work.

Pros

I enjoy the cross platform functionality. It's so great to be able to access our files from any location, either online or from our servers in the office. This makes a big difference as our team (and project list) continues to grow - we can allow viewing of select items/lists and we don't need to force anyone to use Mac or Windows to work within UDA. Far surpassing any software features, though, the fact that your IT staff is so prompt to respond and so helpful launches this software into one of my favorites I've ever worked with. All software has issues - it's how you respond and deal with those issues that differentiate you from the rest and I thank you for it. Now if you can just have some IT available until 5pm West Coast time (where I am) my dreams would really come true. Thank you to Katy and all the other fabulously helpful people I've interacted with!

Cons

A trifling issue, but since you asked - when I add documents from our computer to the Project Files for a job, it's pretty wonky and time consuming. If I drag an item to the file list, instead of showing it was added - the file list scrolls back to the top so I have to scroll back down to see if it was even added - which it usually wasn't. This happens each time. This means I've taken to adding each document twice to ensure it imports so I don't need to scroll down to check if it's there or not. It would be MUCH nicer if the file list stayed put while I added files so I could see where - and that they were added to the list. Sometimes UDA lets me add mutliple documents and adds a 1 or 2 after each multiple - and sometimes it warns me that it already has that doc in the file. If this warning could pop up every time, I wouldn't need to then re-scroll down to the files I just added and delete duplicates. Also - just like when I add files, when I delete a duplicate the file list automatically scrolls back up to the top so I have to manually go back down to where I was to delete the next duplicate.

Arleen

March 2016

Time saving and expert and friendly support team

Pros

With regret, I took my time integrating with my QuickBooks software. After a little over 2 years of having Construction Suite, I finally took the plunge and began the integration process between the two software programs. I love the ease at customizing the software to suit our particular business. The customer support is second to none! The staff is quick to resolve any issues and answer questions minimizing any downtime. No worries! If I make a mistake the staff is quick to show me what I did, while correcting my mistake. Mistakes happen, it is nice to know I have support when and if I need it. I highly recommend the total care package. You will not be disappointed! As for the reporting, Construction Suite provides additional useful reports to help evaluate the current state of your business and let you see at a glance the progress of all projects both financially and the current phase.

Cons

Don't really have any dislikes! My only complaint is that I waited too long to do the integration between my software programs!

Eugene

As a UDA Construction User,

Wonderful

Pros

I use this software on a daily basis and the organization it brings to my project tracking, and scheduling is unbelievable. From estimates to completion, the software makes it possible to keep track of it all. What great software!

Cons

About the software itself, I have no complaints. I have been using UDA Construction since 2004 and the software has a learning curve that needs a serious commitment and that is one of the reasons why I like the app so much because a lot of the data can be updated from the field. The learning curve was steep over the years but it has only skilled me in how one should think around construction projects which is also a benefit. The learning curve, however, for me has been slow for the simple reason that as my experience and projects grew the demand exponentially grew on the software itself, so my learning curve followed that trend.

Reasons for choosing ConstructionOnline

Have been working with UDA, I think, just after they started and it has all been pleasant.

Hector

Lost with out it!

I have been using this software on since 2015 and has been extremely satisfied. I operate as a small residential Contractor and use UDA Suite and Construction online for Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports), Redline/Plan Room. I use this software on a daily basis and it helps me stay organized.

Pros

Estimating, Proposals, Project Tracking (Work Logs and reports) and Redline/Plan Room. The infrequent times I have an issue or question someone is readily available to help and resolve it immediately. For Example- I called about upgrading my Construction Suite and their Support Specialist Win [SENSITIVE CONTENT] handle my questions in an efficient and professional manner. I'm up running again!

Cons

For me it is helpful to able to see load paths through out my projects. It would be great if you would include an overlay feature in red line/plan room.

Reasons for choosing ConstructionOnline

They have a user friendly scheduling software but it was to expensive to justify having both UDA and BuilderTrend.

Tony

March 2022

Construction Online

Overall, this has been a positive experience. We are far more organized, information seems to flow more easily between parties, and we have realized a more streamlined process.

Pros

We are a small GC entity for an owner/manager of commercial properties. Construction Online allows us to easily manage multiple projects simultaneously whether we are the GC or just the owner's rep. It ahs paid for itself just in tracking of change orders alone. The fact that we can have one place to with one easy interface to store and retrieve information is absolutely amazing. It has allowed us to be better at what we do in the field because we spend less time trying to organize job folders.

Cons

The scheduling portion was a difficult piece to get to function properly Trying to have predecessors, getting the Gantt chart to layout correctly, and the schedule to print properly were all too difficult. We purchased Microsoft Project as a result.

Lynne

[SENSITIVE CONTENT] is an Amazing Expert!

As a new user/administrator with Construction Online, it seems that some training is necessary to easily navigate the software. I do enjoy the other features (Lead Pipeline and Project Estimating in the Financial tab). Once again, [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was integral in our business effort to connect the two software platforms, Construction Online and QuickBooks Online. I will request [SENSITIVE CONTENT] in the future for any challenges that arise and any time I need assistance. He is an asset to your team as well as ours.

Pros

I like the communication between the software accounting and estimating features of Construction Online. I also am very impressed with the Construction Online and QuickBooks expert, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]. With his level of expertise and skills set, I successfully facilitated the integration of our QuickBooks Online with the Construction Online. This integration is essential to our business operations between Project Managers and myself as the administrator of the financials and accounting. I would highly recommend [SENSITIVE CONTENT] as an expert to assist with any client.

Cons

Construction Online is labor intensive to integrate with QuickBooks Online. Several project features in QuickBooks are inactive/unusable when integrated with Construction Online. Also, not having the capacity to integrate/transfer payroll expenses for the job costing between the two software platforms is a disadvantage. I understand this feature is on the schedule with Construction Online to implement in 2022. Very happy about that.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

Our company made the switch to integrate with the cloud version of our accounting software.

Great software, even better customer service

Excellent. We have had a learning curve as we have integrated our entire system into UDA, but customer service has been on top of it. Anytime we need help, we get it right away. And we are not having to use multiple systems for project management, time keeping, document uploading, etc.

Pros

The features are endless. We can everything in UDA that we used to do in 4 different platforms. There is a lot to learn, but the outstanding customer services makes the process easy.

Cons

There is a learning curve as you get started. There are just so many features that we are still learning about.

Rebekah

September 2016

User friendly and a great value!

Pros

UDA ConstructionOnline was very easy to use and navigate. As I was setting the system up and learning how to navigate through all of the features, the customer service/help desk team was always there to answer my questions. If the person that answered the phone could not help me, then they always found a person that could.

Cons

A pro/con about the product is that there are a lot of different sections which allows for a lot of different types of activities to be performed within the same platform. I liked the option to update properties through the app, but I didn't like that all of the different activities usually took many clicks to get to the right place. It would be helpful if the site was more integrated and allowed for information to be transferred from Punch List to Schedule to Game Plan to To-Do more easily. Seemed like I was setting up the same information in four different places and that can be time consuming.

Rebecca

Northern Legendary Review

I am setting it up to integrate properly with our Quickbooks software through the Socket function, and I really enjoy how the two connect. It seems to integrate well with quick books as long as you understand how the QB items work.

Pros

I like the integration capabilities with Quickbooks, it's very easy to use. I also really enjoy the estimate templates and cost code set up. They are very easy to customize and make to fit your company needs.

Cons

It needs equipment management!! There is a lot out there for estimating, project management and accounting integration, but there isn't much for equipment costing and tracking. Sage 100 features this and I think your software would go even further if you introduced equipment management as well. I also would like an option to not have a parent account when setting up an estimate into quick books, I aslo feel it could merge with the Chart of accounts a little better as well, the generic 'income' and 'expense' account could be made to fit the COA a little bit better.

Josh

Great Software

Construction Online has really helped our company. We love customer service and the willingness to consider our feature requests.

Pros

All-in-one functionality. Super great customer service.

Cons

There are just a few minor features that we would be great. 1) Not counting QB credit card credit as cost. 2) Being able to see what costs came in from QB for each Construction Online category.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

We wanted something more inclusive. We heard great things about Construction Online.

Barry

January 2016

ConstructionOnline reliability & support

Pros

Something that seems to be increasingly rare these days is that the company behind Construction Online (and Construction Suite) stands behind their product 100% and the quality & level of support is how I wish all my suppliers and business partners were. Over the years I have looked at alternative systems just to make sure we are not missing out on a better alternative ... and I am confident we are not. I am also a big fan of their pricing model ... the alternative systems where you pay for a set number of projects can rapidly become very expensive for a company such as ourselves as we do lots of smaller renovation projects as opposed to only a few larger ones per year. There is no limit to the amount of business we do so it is easy to allow this system to grow with our business without any financial "penalty".

Cons

I genuinely do not have any negative comments ... the product continues to grow and enhancements are added and unlike many systems, they do appear to test pretty thoroughly before releasing an update to the software.

Good Construction Software

I been using Construction Suite and Construction Online for many years. It is a well thought out software.

Pros

Construction Online gives me the value of having everything I need in one place. Plus the client portal is a major plus for communication with my clients on change orders, scheduling, etc.

Cons

Don't have any complaints. Sometimes when you need someone to help you, it may be awhile before they do call back.

Reasons for choosing ConstructionOnline

User friendly, straight forward software with extra contracts and other features makes it a solid construction software for the professional contractor.

Reasons for switching to ConstructionOnline

UDA tech support got a little lazy on responding to my needs. But have gotten better this 2nd time back with them. I'm happy now.

Jorge

This products has the potential of being one of the contractor most valuable tools.

Pros

There is a value in communication and instant data upload with our Customers and Sub's. The ability to instantly upload pictures, punch list, RFI, client selection and change orders or adjusting architectural drawings on the fly is a valuable tool and these are but a few of the tools we use please keep improving the software.

Cons

There are a lot of software limitation such as the search for contacts and the ability to set categories and sub categories. The ability to rotate the plans once they are in the plan room. The ability for some of the apps to connect properly with the online software such as time tracking or the use of plan room on an iPad or other tablet which has a lot of glitch's and does not work fluently.

Bennett

November 2015

Useable right out of the box

Pros

The software is very flexible and can be customized the individual way anyone compiles their estimates. The folks at UDA are always courteous and friendly.

Cons

PRODUCT: The Project descriptions ("Scopes of Work") are not tied directly to the individual estimates inside a "Project". So, if you have multiple versions/revisions of an estimate for a Project (like changing around scope of work or specifications during the "Sales Process" based on client discussions (e.g. adding or subtracting), you are forced to remember to go into a different module to change the original "description" that you wrote or your estimate and specifications will not match. VENDOR: (1) They do a very poor job of communicating changes to the software they have made and/or what changes may actually be planned. It would seem simple enough to produce a feature change log. (2) If you leave a message at the office there is only about a 10% chance you will receive a return call.

ConstructionOnline