• Pros

• "Once it is set up, it's such an easy way to complete client intake and automate documents. Specifically, the intelligence of listing items and changing pronouns has been incredibly useful. "

• " We can now automate data collection through a web form and have the data automatically pass into the document to modify the document based on the conditional logic."

• "Very flexible product that can take data and generate documents in a multitude of ways. Has saved us so much time and money and allowed us to scale our work."

• Cons

• "None really. They market mostly to legal, which I think they're expanding out of, but they have been incredibly supportive in helping me set up a process within my business. "

• "We love Documate, and it's hard to think of any cons. Whenever we have had any "wish list" items, they've been quick to add features. The customer service is excellent."

• "There are no cons. This is some of the easiest software I've used. If learning Excel is a 7 in terms of difficulty, learning Documate is a 1."

Browse Documate Reviews

Tika from Ellectric Arts

Industry: Performing Arts

Using Documate for my small business, and it seriously speeds up document production!

Great tool to seriously speed up document assembly and form generation. It's also Mac friendly and works on all browsers and devices.

Pros

The program helps me generate agreements and price lists for my event planning business. It was to set up, because it requires no prior coding experience, and it's saved me so much time. Now, I send the link to my web-based "interview" to my clients, and they fill out all the information on their end (which they can do on their phones). There are many customization possibilities, but I set it up so they don't see the final agreement right away. Instead, I get an email with the completed document, which I can review and send back over to them when I'm ready. Really great tool for small businesses who don't want to be bogged down with document generation.

Cons

Great software for litigators to automate retainers, discovery, and template-based pleadings

I (and especially our paralegals) are very happy we found Documate. We've saved a ton of time, and it's worth the monthly fee times 1000. Because it creates a web-based app, we've also considered rolling this out as an intake or document generation process for our clients - the interface is clean and mobile-friendly for that purpose, too.

Pros

I have used other document automation software, but they've been clunky, hard to use, and ugly. Documate is exactly what our firm was looking for. It was very easy to automate our documents; it keeps our formatting exactly as is (which is important for pleadings and documents with logos and footers); and it lowers human error.

Cons

So worth it. I haven't had any cons in the first year of using it. I even had a feature request that they added for our firm. Great customer service.

Joy from Izbiky and Langer PLLC

A great solution for automation

Our client intake which previously took 1hr+ now takes approximately 15-20 minutes. Documents that we previously had to spend time changing pronouns and tenses can now be updated with the click of a button. We are new users, so we are still discovering benefits, but so far it has saved us quite a bit of time.

Pros

Cons

The implementation is a process. Identifying the questions you need to ask and inserting the code into the relevant documents can require a bit of troubleshooting and computer coding knowledge. Luckily, the support team is extremely helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Documate

Documate was more functional with pdfs.

Very powerful tool for complex document automation

Before we started using Documate, we were manually drafting documents with MS Word, which wasted thousands of hours of employee time. If you need a robust document automation or document assembly tool, Documate may be what you've been looking for.

Pros

Our company uses Documate to generate a variety of contract sets. Because no coding knowledge is required, we were able to set it up very quickly. It allows for quite a bit of complexity in formatting your documents, adding conditional logic, and setting up complex calculations. The system passed our high privacy and data security requirements, and they set every user up on a dedicated instance, which is crucial when you're dealing with sensitive legal information.

Cons

Susan from susan schwartz law

Industry: Law Practice

Documate Has Made My Dream Project Possible

Saif in tech support is very personable, and it was fun working with him to learn the basics of the software.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. The coding is simple and intuitive - it's actually fun! I was able to turn a complex contract into a simple and easy to use questionnaire. The technical support is terrific, and I was really empowered to create the form I needed to populate my contract correctly.

Does Everything You Can Think Of

We have com-ple-tely (!) automated all our template based work. I never thought it could be this good.

Pros

Cons

I just hope they stop advertising so our competitors dont hear about them...!

Very intuitive and powerful document automation and expert system

Pros

Documate is the most robust system and the only one that could satisfy our security needs.  I started using Documate for legal documents, and then realized how much more power and capacity it has, so I'm now using it for my projects, HR documents, and pdf forms we need to complete.  It's been a game changer.  They were able to set up SSO and the API has allowed us to seamlessly integrate with our current systems.

Cons

It took our company too long to find them in the first place!

Powerful app that is constantly impressing us

The experience has been great and the support is fabulous!

Pros

This is a very powerful software that has allowed us to automate very length sales contracts that used to take us hours and now takes 15 minutes to generate. Every week or two there is a new feature that adds more value to our workflows and enables better integration and data analysis. They haven't increased the price either, even with all these new features. I would pay so much more for this functionality (but don't tell them ;-) ).

Cons

Salesforce integration will be nice when it's out. They've said this is in the roadmap.

A truly programming-free automation software that automates both Word and PDF documents

Documate has saved me time and made me money. I'm glad to be able to recommend it to others.

Pros

I switched over from hotdocs, and the experience has been great. A few main points: - Easy to use and beautiful interface from creator and client-side - They're mac compatible - No coding knowledge required - Infinite complex logic - Can sent the interview workflows out to my clients, or I can use it internally to generate documents. Good email integration. - Friendly support, even on weekends

Cons

More colors and design themes please. This is the only con.

FINALLY, doc automation software that works with macs

Makes my work and my associates' work so much easier.

Pros

An easy to use, no-code solution that looks like Survey Monkey on the "interview" side and allows me to connect my documents with the questions with no code. I spent a fraction of the time on client documents as I did before. AND IT WORKS WITH MACS and APPLE. This is a first!

Cons

I've actually requested a few features and their team implemented them for me, so now I can't even think of anything else I'd like added. Really good live support at all hours of the day and even on weekends!

Hoda from HealthyByHoda

Secure software with unmatched functionality

We use Documate daily, and it's proven to be a reliable and necessary part of our business.

Pros

The automation is great - easy, clean, and the formatting looks great. But what's most important to us (in the medical field) is a secure platform with a dedicated database that segregates our data on the web. Their team was helpful in setting us up with an Enterprise account and explaining exactly how data privacy, security, and data deletion can be set up according to our specifications.

Cons

Doesn't have themes or color options. Though they allow you to insert those yourself with CSS.

Hillary from Greystar

Well worth the price

Love this software. Take the 7-day free trial and you'll see how easy it is to set up. You may need to have a round of layoffs because of how much time it saves.

Pros

Has saved us a fortune in administration time. We have all of our (very lengthy) contracts and contract packets set up in the interview builder. Anytime someone in the company wants to initiate a contract, they run the interview from the link. So much faster than spending half the day modifying a document.

Cons

Really hard to think of any. Maybe would be nice to be able to customize fonts and colors for the client-facing piece.

POWER! POWER! POWER!

I don't know what I'd do without Documate.

Pros

Others have said this, but it's amazing how much you can do with such a clean no-code interface. The core of the software is two tabs - your questions (your questionnaire, or what they call "interviews") and the output documents. But you can do so much. And I knew how to do it within the first 20 minutes. Nested logic, custom naming conventions, tables, gender accordance, etc...

Cons

Seriously nothing right now. Documate has made assembling documents a breeze.

Automation software of my dreams.

Pros

Cannot say enough about how much this software has made my life easier.  Every feature I asked for during the demo, they had or they later added.  The design is intuitive for individual users at our company and has scaled well as we've grown.  I've looked at pretty much every software on the market that calls itself "document automation", and I'm finally swiping right.

Cons

No cons really...We did want a few features that Documate added into their next release right after we asked.

Truly powerful enterprise software at a small business price

Pros

I have done my research for over a year, testing different software around the web, and have not been able to find a single piece of software that does what Documate does, except for maybe one enterprise software tool that would have cost me tens of thousands of dollars a month. The platform is very easy to use, but it can accomplish almost anything in terms of automation, calculations, formatting, etc. Even when I've wanted to do something that wasn't readily apparent, the support team has been able to help me accomplish it.

Cons

None. Constantly improving too. They have a new feature every week.

Powerful software with a beautiful output. Saved so much time customizing documents for specific cli

Documate has been a crucial tool for my role. Perfect documents every time.

Pros

Our company has seen a great return with Documate. It has allowed me to merge client data into both MS office and Adobe documents, and share my workflows with others on my team to save us all time. It's customizable and well-documented. Client support is also available around the clock for any questions. Highly recommend.

Cons

None so far. Their support team has responded to everything I've needed or wanted added very quickly.

Turns hours of work into a few clicks!

Biggest timesaver of my life. I can't believe more people aren't talking about this!

Pros

We were constantly creating custom quotes and repetitive documentation. We built our first automation in 10 minutes, and now we're perfecting the others and making them more complex. There's really no limit to what they can do.

Cons

Superior product. I truly don't remember any cons because the support team has always responded to my feature requests by actually pushing the feature.

Kimberly from Blue Elan Records

Industry: Music

Simplifies legal work and enhances productivity. GREAT customer service.

Fast and code-free document generation. The python backend makes it easy to integrate with any software or web services, too.

Pros

Made it easy for my company to automate all of the form agreements we use. What used to take me 2 hours now takes me about 10 minutes to generate. The drag and drop interface made it easy to set up, too. It's also Mac compatible.

Cons

No real cons. Works perfectly. A longer trial would have been nice, but if you start using it within your trial, you'll know how it works.

Great tool for complex sales agreements

Simple, affordable, and absolutely seamless.

Pros

We've been using Documate to generate SOWs and sales-related agreements. It was clear how to set up our workflows and it's impressively powerful. Every time I ask if something (sometimes crazy and pretty custom) is possible, they either say yes or they have it ready a few days later.

Cons

Waiting for them to connect with Salesforce and I'm trying the beta for this now.

Roya from real estate

Great way to populate multiple documents at once!

Overall Super easy way to get perfectly formatted, error-free documents and document packets. The interface makes it easy to build simple document assembly for one document in 5 minutes, but it's also a very powerful engine for much more complex tasks.

Pros

Pros Documate is a great piece of software with unlimited functionality. The interface is easy to understand, and I love that I can add multiple documents to my output documents, so they all populate at once. I have one interview with over 30 documents with complex logic. They also provide custom services, which I've used a few times to set up SMS messaging and other special notifications. I previously tried HotDocs, which was so burdensome to learn. I was able to learn Documate with just a 5 minute demo from the customer service team, who is also awesome.

Cons

Cons Haven't had any cons so far. Everything has worked perfectly. It might be nice to have more content and examples so I can see what else is possible that I'm not thinking of myself.

Damian from Express Scripts

Industry: Research

Brilliant and user-friendly

If I can build on Documate, anyone can.

Pros

Cons

Nothing - they meet all of my requirements

Reasons for Switching to Documate

Looking for better quality

Easy to use software with all security features our large enterprise needed to implement broadly

Huge time savings.

Pros

We switched over from using a Zapier, Typeform, Webmerge integration, which was hard to use, getting expensive, and was not as secure as we wanted it to be with client data. Documate sets each user up on their own instance of AWS, so data is blackboxed and secure. The customer support is incredible, and they helped us transition all our documents over from the prior solution.

Cons

None so far. I've never gotten software approved by all the stakeholders in the company as quickly as I did with Documate. They're very responsive.

Excellent platform - easy to use and effective

Glad we found this tool and look forward to seeing how it makes an impact on our organization.

Pros

Documate makes it easy to make the switch from outdated softwares like hotdocs and allows someone of any skill level to get up and running quickly. It is clearly built to be simple and effective for end users.

Cons

Documate is still growing, so their entire feature set is not currently available. However, their team is highly responsive, working to ensure all customer needs are fulfilled and so far has done a tremendous job listening and responding to feedback.