• Pros

• "I love it aesthetically and it’s so easy for a non tech person like me to use. The design is good and it has great functionality and deliverability !"

• "I like that its easy and the workflow is very easy to use"

• "Ease of use and the customer support is excellent!"

• Cons

• "ActiveCampaign is easy to use, but the CMS is often very slow, which means it takes extra time to make simple adjustments."

• "Occasionally contacts get stuck inside an automation - but customer service has helped when this has happened. "

• "The email builder could be more user friendly but it works fine."

Browse ActiveCampaign Reviews

Néstor from Néstor Marquínez

This guys know how to do things the right way

Let me say it clearly: A-W-E-S-O-M-E Trust me, they are the "real deal".

Pros

Instead of boring the hell out of you making a long list of all the things I like about AC, I would resume them in just 3 "little" things I care of: - Reputation: They REALLY care about sender reputation. And, you know... an email that doesn´t get to my suscribers is like loosing money out of my pocket. So, I´me really happy the way they´re handling things on this department - Ease of use + functionalities: Most other services only offer one of them things. But I want them all. AC covers all my needs regarding this issues (and I´m a choosy guy, you know). - It´s scalable!: This is a biggy. As your businees grows, you´ll have a new set of needs when it comes to automation. AC scales as your business thrives so you don´t have to switch companies never again.

Cons

I´m a Spanish user and would love a full Spanish translation (at the moment we hace a partial translation) for Spanish users.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I´ve already covered a lot of the reasons up earlier. But let me tell you about something that made the difference. Their customer support service. They don´t have such a thing. They have somehting waaaay better: a customer success service that really helps and care about their users

Millie from Showcase Workshop

A good all-rounder

Active Campaign is our one stop hub for our sales and marketing activity so we have an almost global view of how our customers and and prospects are interacting with us - the exception is our help desk but I'm sure we could integrate that too if we really wanted to. We use Active Campaign to track our: - Sales team interactions - emails, including emails we send from our own inboxes, tasks and follow up tasks, and call records - as long as we enter them! - We use it to send and tracks all the newsletter/marketing interactions and all our automated emails for customers on free trials. - We also track key interactions with our own product (though an integration we built ourselves) so the sales team have a quick reference to important behaviours.

Pros

Moved to Active Campaign from Infusionsoft (2 years ago now, before they changed their name) and we were very satisfied at that particular time that Active Campaign was the superior product. Good marketing and automation tools - which have also had a lot of investment and attention in the two years we've been using Active Campaign - as well as a solid CRM and lead/opportunity management dashboard. We have the Enterprise Grade subscription which gives us access to a dedicated account manager. This was really useful in the first year and we had an excellent account manager at that time.

Cons

Active Campaign have really focused in recent years on the live / real time behaviour tools and giving users the ability to build extremely complex automations. For us though, we would prefer a bit more focus on improving the CRM and things that make contact and lead management easier - such as the ability to add follow up tasks from the (otherwise excellent) Gmail widget.

Aaron from Homeology

this is the title of my review

training training training. I have been trialling and training how to use this product the whole 12 months or so Ive been using it

Pros

love the automation and the campaigns features. I also like that it integrates with my gmail (G Suite) account.

Cons

some of the features are hidden, the layout is really lacking for easy of use. its hard to find and add tags and lists etc. it seems to have great features but they are hidden away and hard to find.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

pipedrive is amazing!!! but it doesnt have an automation (sort of does now) or bulk email out function like mailchimp. I hate mailchimp so I wanted a CRM that did it internally

Noa from Charney Forum for New Diplomacy

ActibeCampaign is a professional game changer!

Overall, an excellent experience, that has transformed my organization's digital marketing and engagement.

Pros

I love the flow of the automations and segmentation. It's opened a whole new world of opportunities for my organisation.

Cons

I'm not sure whether I have yet to find it, but from the exploration that I've done on the mobile app, I couldn't find tracking for automations, nor for forms. That would come in handy. As for the software in general, it would have been helpful to be able to see an overview of all campaigns and automations in one place, rather than having automations on one tab and campaigns on another. Also, it would be helpful if I could go into a sent campaign and resend it to myself (not a specific contact), and access the original message and list of people who received the campaign more easily. Currently feels like I need to go through 2-3 steps each time in order to do so.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Same answer as previous question - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] of Day by Day Business Management - [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She has referred several new customers your way and deserves a BIG shoutout! :))

A great platform for email automation

Overall, I’m an advocate for ActiveCampaign because I’ve had many more positive experiences than negative.

Pros

The software is comparable with other tools which make it nice & more stress-free when integrating.

Cons

The email builder tool (specifically the text block) has some serious problems. Sometimes you can paste something or select text and the entire text is deleted or shown in a different font/size. I’ve used this tool since 2016 and have always had trouble with this. Even when pasting plain text or using their own native personalization fields. A large percentage of the community has mentioned this in Facebook groups and it seems like it’s a low priority considering they continue to release new features in other categories. The basics need some work in my opinion. The campaign analyzing tools could use some major upgrades as well as they seem to also have been neglected.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Initially, we decided to use it because another tool we used relied on it. After using it for a year or so, we had the opportunity to switch and decided to stick with it.

Elisabeth from The Olive Bridge/Live By Our Codes

Continual support each step forward

Even the times of technical challenges I have had were supported from the onboarding specialist and I have maintained what has been taught in each catch up. The technical complications are broken down and made simpler through amazing support. This has included a variety of either in person online, video training, correspondence through email and Q & A pages. I am so happy with what I have set up, it is much more than is needed for where my business is at, however many foundations are created to support my business growth.

Pros

The support is awesome and unbelievable. I save about 10 hours a week with everything set up as what is needed to be done once set up continues to meet the outcomes I created. There are so many options and ways to use active campaign. I use campaigns, automations, contact lists, email sign ups and as my business expands active campaign has so much support which I will continue to use. I am now free myself to do so much more than I could of imagined 6 months ago.

Cons

It is complicated for a non technical minded person.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I had immediate support from an on boarder who met all my questions and feelings of overwhelm by taking myself and another team member through what best met our needs.

R. Michael from RMA

Overall LOVE the product, tried a bunch of them

I've tried Infusionsoft, as well as a few of the other off the shelf CRM's. As far as breaking up my website, tracking, in setting up campaigns, I really think active campaign is the best bang for the Buck.

Pros

Active campaign gives me everything that I need to set up my autoresponders and links into all the software did I use needs to link into it

Cons

I write a ton of emails and their email composer, well I've used both of their composers, could be a bit better.

Nathan from Optimus Online

Extensive, not just for email campaigns and automation

Pros

To be honest, although ActiveCampaign can be quite complex, it has so many options and it works perfectly. I can use it for my email campaigns, but also for my online courses and automation for my live trainings to name but a few. I do have the CRM option too, but haven't used it yet to be honest. What I am seeing there though is more than interesting and could help me get some more leads.

Cons

ActiveCampaign really takes some good digging in to understand how to set up campaigns. That's what I have a VA for :-) But I would definitely dig into it if I had to do all of it myself as I know it will be worth it.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I chose ActiveCampaign because of the flexibility, options and pricing. It was cheaper than AWeber and more extensive than MailChimp.

Julie -Animithra- from Multi Scope Studio SAS

An efficient software that covers your needs;

I own multiple websites from online shops to little blogs and ActiveCampaign helped me set up ways to collect emails and effectiently communicate with my marketing targets. I sell more thanks to it and I still grow my lists, I'm really happy with that solution.

Pros

I tried many solutions before ActiveCampaign and it is the only software I found both intuitive, well documented and efficient. You will get used to it because it's like having someone taking your hand and helping you setting things up. It is easy to set, use, analyse; if you want to start collecting data and emailing prospects soon enough, this it the best way to start your automation.

Cons

Maybe a more intuitive way to know how to integrate solutions into CMS might help those who begin with everything - as far as I'm concerned, intel was sufficiant but I studied I.T. and it might still get too technical for a few people.

Filipe from Tomateness

Industry: Music

Easy to use, to setup and great customer support

ActiveCampaign solve our problem to collect potential customers over our ads campaign and to talk with them after this collect. We were facing some issues with our previous tool because they had a simples solution that didn't fit our need.

Pros

The thing that I liked the most at ActiveCampaign is how easy is to setup and start to use the tool. I began with the free trial but very soon I needed to upgrade my plan because I've already collect a lot of contacts that helped to grow my business

Cons

I've a problem to pay for my upgrade plan due to an currency problem. The website automatically converts the price to my local currency. But my credit card demands a payment in the original currency. Because of this, I was unable to instant pay for my upgrade. However, the support team helped me to solve this issue and I upgraded my plan.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The price is lower and fitted to my actual use. Also the tool is very simple to use.

Jill from Let's Travel Family

Industry: Online Media

My top pick for an email marketing platform.

Overall, choosing Active Campaign as my email marketing service was a terrific decision. I've been happy with it so far and cannot wait to see where it takes my business.

Pros

I love how robust Active Campaign is and at a great price. It integrates well with the many online services and I haven't needed to reach out to customer support for help. I look forward to learning more ways that I can use Active Campaign to grow my online business.

Cons

As I progress through all of the available options and features Active Campaign has for me, I do struggle with knowing which features will help my blogging and email marketing business the most. There are many digital marketers providing courses on email marketing. Yet, I feel held back because I need to learn more about Active Campaign's platform and how it will best help me as a blogger before I can implement many of the techniques recommended to me.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

My blogging mentor, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], recommended Active Campaign over Convert Kit and I trusted her. So far I'm very happy with my decision.

Scott from Law Office of Scott D. DeSalvo

Industry: Law Practice

A Powerful, Affordable Package

Active Campaign is at the center of my online marketing, and I am very happy with it.

Pros

I came from a different autoresponder which had many, many limitations. A marketing guy suggested ActiveCampaign, so it was one of many I explored when the limitations of the old autoresponder company foprced me to move. I am glad I moved, and I am very happy with ActiveCampaign. It allows you to set up marketing funnels, forms, capture lead data, tag your visitors and put them into marketing funnels for follow up. I do not use all of the features, but. I have been able to build pretty elaborate follow up processes for my marketing sytem using ActiveCampaign. There are a slew of new competitors which CLAIM to do what ActiveCampaign does for less money, and several services which offer website hosting, autoresponder, everything, for more money. I am glad I am with ActiveCampaign because they are established and their have a mature, stable product. Not the cheapest, but it has features of more expensive platforms. I'd recommend it.

Cons

As with all autoresponders, the user interface and names and locations for things presents a learning curve. Especially for newer people, they could improve their intro and training videos to be more clear.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign is a mature, stable platform with lots of functionality for the price. It is not the cheapest, but it is an excellent balance between affordable, reliable, and advance functions for which other platforms charge more.

Keleigh from Anchor Design Co.

Consolidated so many tools into one

Their customer support is beyond great. I’ve sent instant chats to ask questions many times and I’m always impressed by how out of the way their reps go to help me. I even had one rep who built out an entire custom automation for me based on my needs.

Pros

I held back from investing in ActiveCampaign for over a year because of the overall cost. What I didn’t realize then was that I would be able to cancel FOUR other software subscriptions thanks to the robust suite of features that AC has. This software has played a critical role in my ability to grow my business by over 150% this year and I would recommend it to anyone!

Cons

I would give my left leg for AC to have mobile functionality. They don’t have an app and the mobile version of their site is non-functional. It quite literally can only be used on a computer. This is the one place where AC is severely behind their competitors.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

AC seemed like a longer term solution, based on features.

Candice from Hey Candice Marie

I recommend it to everyone!

Pros

I recommend ActiveCampaign to all of my clients for two specific reasons. Easy of use and features. My clients hire me because they are not tech-savvy but ActiveCampaign gives them the freedom to use a robust email marketing platform with ease after getting over a very short and small learning curve. ActiveCampaign has an AMAZING and thorough online help database as well.

Cons

The only thing that I personally find missing from ActiveCampaign is Dubsado integration (although ActiveCampaign has a TON of integrations options so that might be a fault on Dubsado's end). I also think it would be nice to add landing pages. I host my landing pages on my Showit site but it would be a great option for some of my clients who haven't launched their site yet and want to start building their email list.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I ended up choosing ActiveCampaign because it ultimately gave me all the features and automation capabilities that I want and need for my business at a great price.

Andrew from Andrew Trachtman

ActiveCampaign - Powerful drag and drop automation + Easy to send Emails

My experience has been a very pleasant one. Simple to use and fairly intuitive.

Pros

The deliverability of emails is crucial to me (and to most businesses). A simple user interface comes in a close second. ActiveCampaign delivers on both (and gives you a comprehensive tutorial series). I don't make full use of the automations. However, they're drag-and-drop which makes them dead simple to use. You can also create opt in forms using ActiveCampaign to collect emails. You can embed these forms into pages, or direct users to a link.

Cons

Sometimes it seems like ActiveCampaign goes down which is a problem. I've had people ask me why I sent them a broken link - but the real issue was that ActiveCampaign was down. I don't have any other big complaints. A small complaint is not being able to change an email's subject line without clicking a few times. It would be great if you could change the subject line inside of the email creator.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I read that ActiveCampaign is ok with most kinds of emails. I also read they have a high deliverability rate. Both of these seemed true when I tested ActiveCampaign. I liked the User Interface and their pricing tiers. Plus their automation impressed me.

Morgan from Marketing Your Science LLC

It was wonderful until we needed support

Initially we were thrilled with AC due to it’s ease of use and speed. However, recently we ran into a major issue that suddenly started showing up, and is preventing us from moving forward on a vital project. We used the chat, and initially the guy on the chat told us it was the fault of another vendor we had integrated with. After going back and forth, he agreed to look into it, and asked for a bit more information. I went to collect that, and when I came back, the chat had ended. Furthermore, when I tried starting a new chat, it said “chat is offline, you will have to send an email.” I noticed that the chat was disconnected and chat went offline at exactly 12 pm Pacific time, corresponding with lunchtime. This is crazy! Who goes offline in the middle of a chat with customers who pay over $200/month for software just so they can take their lunch break exactly on time? Now I’m really wondering, can I trust AC when it counts? Because this kind of software is expensive enough and complex enough that it absolutely requires good support. So far, I’m not impressed. (Previous less critical support inquiries were eventually answered, but not particularly quickly).

Pros

AC is very easy to use and to set up. It’s more intuitive than most similar products we’ve tried. When it works right, it’s great.

Cons

Software like this is complex, and things inevitably break or have bugs. We have used most of the major platforms out there, and they all have periods of bugs and issues. Once you run into it, the only question is this: will support be there to help? Not AC support, not if it’s lunchtime.

Ease of use

Aidan from FitRoots

Thorough Email & CRM Software

Pros

AC is easily deployable and compatible with the rest of our tech stack, and this makes it easier for us to justify our continued use of it. The automations are easy to build, but complex enough to go further should you wish to. The email marketing system is thorough, and does what it says on the tin, The reporting capabilities are strong, and it is useful to have this all tied in with a clear CRM and Deal flow management system. The support team at AC are generally great, and depending on what tier you are on, they also provide generous support to their customers to make sure they succeed.

Cons

Sometimes the software bugs out, and doesn't do what you are asking it to do, although this is usually resolved quickly. The entry price for the higher tiers could be slightly lower.

Gabby from A Cup of Zen LLC

Industry: Writing and Editing

Satisfied with Active Campaign

I've used several different email marketing software providers but when I switched to Active Campaign, I was finally satisfied with one. It was easy for me to get started using it and that was a big factor for me. I like how the automations are similar to advanced email software and are easy to use. All the commands that I need are in the automations so I don't have to do a work-around. Customer service has been helpful each time I contact them. When needed, they send me the exact link to the documentation I need, or answer my question. Overall, I enjoy using Active Campaign and find it easy to use. The pricing is fair and I believe I get more value compared to other companies with similar pricing.

Pros

More features than other software at similar pricing Pricing is fair Easy to use Easy to set up Fast start to using the software Good documentation Good customer service that points to documents when needed

Cons

I don't know all of the features or how they could help my business - more explaining how things work would be helpful so I can decide if I want to implement it or not

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I tried a trial of Convert Kit and could not even figure out how to send an email or set up an automation. I've used companies like Infusionsoft (Keap), MailChimp, and others that were way harder to figure out. But I could not figure out Convert Kit. I looked at their documentation and I just didn't get it. So I went with Active Campaign and it was easy to set up my lists, campaigns for sending emails, and automations. I think the difference in the platform user interface, navigation, and documentation makes the difference between these two products.

Nick from Winning Funnel

Amazing

I have used AC with an ecommerce store selling $3-4m per year, as well as several consulting firms and info product companies. It works amazing for all these use cases.

Pros

It's very rare to find so much functionality while retaining ease of use. I've been a consultant implementing and managing marketing automation and CRMs for 10 years, and AC has become my go to solution for all my clients. The CRM has come a long way in the past few years and now beats just about all of them that do both CRM and Automation. The integration with Ecom platforms like Shopify are also a huge benefit.

Cons

For years I would tell clients if they needed a CRM and they were doing personal sales that they should use Infusionsoft, but I can't say that anymore. Infusionsoft's CRM has become worse over time while AC's CRM has become much more powerful. One thing I wish AC would add is more functionality in the math actions for changing fields. If we could use different fields and formulas in the math to make calculations for custom fields, rather than just simple +-X/ then that would be amazing. I currently have to use Zapier to do that and it's not even that great with Zapier.

Antonio from VUCA

My first marketing automation platform, its about to pay for itself

As a startup founder, It is really difficult to choose the right platform to commit with. You have free options and very expensive ones. So Active campaign was a great option for me, right on the sweet spot. Their customer success team is the best. I have had three on boarding one-on-one calls where they have understood my business and helped me with all the setup, resources and best practices to start using it the best way possible. It is a very robust system, I only use the email automation, segmentation and I am starting to use their CRM, but the posibilites are endless. So far I love it

Pros

It is super easy to setup and use The best customer support I have ever had on any kind of service/product A thorough on boarding process, with personal coaching You can automate every single part of your marketing funnel and still have a nice personal touch with your best leads Endless possibilities to interact with your customers and prospects and track every behavior with you

Cons

It is so wide that I find myself a little overwhelmend on how to take as much as possible from the system without burning out. I am in the 2,500 contacts bracket, and I think its price is fair. But when I have to sacle it up, it will seem pricy

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Better price (against Hubspot) So many more functions (Against convertkit and others)

Ray from Inspire Marketing Services

Easy to Use, some bugginess

Overall, everything is very nice. The pricing is reasonable, and the additional features were unexpected as I was sort of grandfathered in to them.

Pros

This is a very legitimate mailchimp competitor, well-priced. The CRM functionality surprising, and there are really nice web insights (WordPress user here) that I could glean at-a-glance & give to my sales team via their plugin/javascript. They just recently added conversations (chatbot) automations, which were great to see. The chatbot was slick & never glitched out on me. It's not quite an Intercom replacement, but if you're not familiar with Intercom you'd be over the moon with this. The email automations are hands-down the best aspect of ActiveCampaign. The automations & workflows are visual-based & made it incredibly easy & user friendly for a once-newly-christened marketer unfamiliar with sequences. There's even a set of 'cookbooks' that are pre-built templates in case you were like me & didn't know where to start.

Cons

The email builder is a tad clunky. My biggest gripe was when I would create a new link from a template, it would change the color to blue & the font to Arial. Sounds like it's not a big deal, but when you're constantly changing the colors & fonts, it adds to the amount of time you're making an email. It would be nice to be able to add an HTML element in the WYSIWYG editor, instead of bouncing in/out between that & the HTML editor. The CRM is nice, but the deals functionality is fairly light. Not the end of the world unless there's a lot of nuance from deal to deal (like in our industry).

Deanna from Deanna Ford

Very happy with ActiveCampaign!

My business is still small but growing and I know that there is a lot more to tap into for what ActiveCampaign can do but I have been very happy with it so far. When I was deciding who to go with, I researched many of the options that were popular and this one just seemed like the best one. Now a couple years later, I'm seeing more and more people praising it and what it can do. That's got me thinking I made the right choice. I mean, I figured at the time that it was the right choice but I'm seeing that validated by other's comments, too.

Pros

I like how powerful this software is and for a great price! When I started with it, I had quite a bit of a learning curve to learn it but had excellent help from support staff. It integrated well with my other online sites. Now I'm all set up and it runs like a charm. I look forward to using more of its capability as my business grows.

Cons

I have found it a little complicated for setting up with new lead magnets but I have attributed that to its ability to do so much so that you have to navigate around to set up what you need. And, I am still learning it. But what's great is that you can duplicate an automation. So once you have created what you want, you don't have to necessarily go back to square one. That I like very much!

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Price was a big factor and this one seemed perfect for where I was at which was at the beginning of starting to grow a list. But it also just seemed more robust for what you paid for it compared to the others. It was going to let me start off not paying a lot but have so many awesome features. And, I considered that as my business would grow, the increased price still seemed reasonable. So, I went with it.

Mikael from Scientific Triathlon

Highly recommended email service provider (and so much more)

Outstanding. In addition to how great the software is, the few times I've been in contact with customer support, that experience has also been very, very good. And the pricing is very reasonable for what the product gives you.

Pros

I am only using the Email Service Provider side of the software, not the CRM, so I will comment from the ESP perspective. What I like the most is the unlimited flexibility and features. In the "old days", marketers needed super expensive and complicated software like Infusionsoft to achieve what ActiveCampaign can do, in terms of automation, rules, segmentation and so on. This unlimited flexibility means you can make your email marketing as simple or as sophisticated as you like, the choice is yours. Generally speaking, the features of the software are outstanding!

Cons

In some ways the user interface can be a bit clumsy, e.g. when creating an email campaign. It's not bad, but there's room for improvement.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The best combination of features and functionality and price, by a large margin.

Brian from Aespire Marketing

The right combination of power, flexibility, and price

I migrated to Active Campaign after being certified on a top-rated automation platform, and from a direct competitor that did not have an easy-to-use and elegant email editor.

Pros

The two features that make ActiveCampaign powerful for me are the ease and elegance of creating email templates and campaigns, and the robust automation features. I've been able to accomplish everything I need. The email build is superb. I've been able to integrate Active Campaign via Zapier to every other platform we use.

Cons

The recent activity panel could be more compact and robust. The overall dashboard could be more informative for at-a-glance assessment of activity. I do wish it included landing page features. I do wish the saved elements could be edited in the email builder and that there was more of a true "style" system with reusable and editable master elements.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Price, email builder, automation builder

Peggy from The Habitat Group

Industry: Publishing

Extremely User Friendly and Subscription Comes with Great Support

When my big company split up and sold off all of its individual brands, I went from having an email staff to me taking on that responsibility all myself. My staff had been using Hubspot and I did try to learn that platform but it was not intuitive, rather clumsy...and VERY expensive. And since we no longer had the deep corporate pockets we once had, I had to move to something that was lower priced and easy enough for me to be up and running quickly. I investigated about 4 difference platforms and settled on AC and have not been disappointed. I think I made a great choice that a non-tech person like me can use and won't break our small company bank.

Pros

I like the fact that someone like me, who has only ever written campaigns for others to create but now has to do everything myself, can get up to speed pretty quickly and now I feel very comfortable with the platform. Although there are some odd, small nuances in the drag and drop, that functionality is really good and let's me create my campaigns quickly and easily.

Cons

For the most part, this is a great tool, but there are a few things I would like to see addressed. The first one was just addressed recently and you can now "undo." Not having an undo and instead looking at a bunch of dropdown times was not efficient, so kudos to AC for fixing that! I would also like to be able to search my images by keyword...that would save me a ton of time. Also, and this one would really be helpful...I find that creating a suppression file is an awkward process. I would like to be able to choose and list to send to and a list to suppress against that send list. Creating the segment for the suppression is not intuitive and I get confused with that.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I am not a millennial. I am not a technical person. And, I had never had to create email campaigns in the past...I've only ever had to write copy for them. AC enabled someone like me to create and blast my own campaigns easily and the ramp-up learning time was pretty short. I also like their customer care...although my rep recently left and his replacement is not quite as attentive, it's great to have an actual person to help me when I need it.

Kevin from MrWork

The automations work like a charm

We are using Mailblue, which is a certified partner of ActiveCampaign and makes their software available in my native language and with Dutch support. This makes it quite easy to get support when you need it. We were looking for a tool with e-mail, automation and lead scoring features. As we didn't have any in-house knowledge about these (especially the tools), I've done some research. ActiveCampaign came out as the tool with the best functionalities for the best price (through Mailblue). This made me decide to start a demo, and eventually get the software. So far, it does exactly what I need and at this time it doesn't cost me a lot of time to figure out how to use it. The only thing is we currently don't really use the lead scoring mechanism as it needs a lot of tweaking (on our side). But as all other features are working really well for me, we're still happy users of the software.

Pros

The flexibility of the tool is something I really like. It's quite easy to use your own email templates, which are (as long as you keep it simple) completely adjustable as well as responsive. Besides that, the automation part is working like a charm. By using your own tags and fields you can practically do anything you want.

Cons

I am still trying to figure out how to set up a link with our current CRM. As ActiveCampaign has their own CRM built in, this is not one of the key futures. For our business however, we only use ActiveCampaign for the e-mail marketing and automations (so only the marketing department is using this tool). The entire company is built on the use of our CRM, so we'd like to see all of the ActiveCampaign data on there for a complete report.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The main reason was pricing, but I've also had some good referrals of other users. In the end the Dutch support (through Mailblue) made me decide to go for ActiveCampaign.

John from The Anti Marketer

The best software for your online business and online shop

I am not an affiliate yet I love Active Campaign, so easy to use. The times I have contacted support, they are responsive and helpful.

Pros

I absolutely love ActiveCampaign. I have 2 accounts for my 2 businesses and have approx 10+ customers using it also for their online marketing endeavours. It is my go to software that I recommend to all customers. I love how the software is cheap for a startup but also offers really high level of integration for advanced customers. It is solid, easy to use and I cannot honestly recall having an issue with it. It has strong reporting and I love the integration features for Woo Commerce and Shopify also.

Cons

The only thing that is missing from ActiveCampaign is a simple checkout / payment type offering. So connecting to Paypal / Stripe is doable but not seamless. Apart from that I love it.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Quite simply it was better!

Geir from Havsule Digital

This blew my mind

Fantastic!! And extraordinary follow up by their team! Tons of free personal 1:1 help, which I never expected.

Pros

Switched to ActiveCampaign from Pipedrive via ConvertKit and Keap - this is something else. I am so impressed. Very easy to use and well laid out, it is easy to create some of the most robust automated customer follow ups I have seen. AC blows the other softwares out of the water. It works, it is easy to understand and it is the most powerful peace of software I have seen in years. I am so pleased my grin goes all the way around my head.

Cons

Customer service gave 8-10 min waiting time on their chat support these days, and that is just not good enough.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Tried Keap, but their software are very cumbersome to use compared with ActiveCampaign. Used two weeks with help from a keap consultant and was still not near to be up and running. Used two days in AC on my own, as comparison. Further on Keap does not support country soesific characters in customers names, so I could not import my list, a ton of stuff does not work outside US, so it turned out there was not much left we could actually use. The rock at marketing, but the software - not for us!!

David J. from The Bradley Business Group, Inc.

If you had to recommend one marketing automation tool for small business, here it is

I refuse to ever tell a client there's a single software in any category that they should use without proper investigation further, but I have yet to run into a time where ActiveCampaign wasn't a massive improvement to upgrade to from other tools of similar price but lesser capabilities, like MailChimp and ConstantContact. AC has been my own email marketing and marketing automation system for approximately five years now and I don't see myself moving away from it at any point. It's important for me to be aware of the tools on the market, and there are other great ones, but none that have been a worthwhile transition off AC for.

Pros

You have a massive amount of features available to you to handle basic email marketing, advanced marketing automation, behavioral automations, tagging and audience segmentation, and so on. That's just the basic package, too. More advanced packages introduce a CRM (Customer Relationship Management) aspect that is particularly helpful for sales teams, Lead scoring to help prioritize accounts for your sales teams to be more efficient, and dynamic content (among many other features).

Cons

There is little to see on the Cons. If I had to select something, I suppose the limit of three users on the Lite plan can be frustrating. However, it's typically safe enough for a small business, easy to share logins if needed, and the price and added features of upgrading to the Plus plan is quite affordable as well.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Best pricing for the features provided. It also integrates with everything I needed it to and they clearly are moving in a positive direction, always improving the product and introducing new and upgraded features.

Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises

I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer. In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Cons

For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

More plans and options available. More flexibility and options in automations. Great community and integrations with most popular platforms.

Carmelo from Jweb Modica

Complete and flexible with a great API

My expirience is overall good. In my case they even have an Italian interface and I contacted support a couple of times but as an avarege user you will probably not need assistence with this.

Pros

Active Campaign is a great software, it is very easy to use and having used Aweber and GetResponse I can tell you that the biggest difference is that everything in Active is organized in a logical way and it is easy to grasp. But what is their stronger point in my opinion is the API system, I was able to add, update and delete contacts from a PHP script in a very simple way. Their documentation is very well done and they have functional examples that you can use as a base fro your work.

Cons

The cost structure could be better, other software they can be cheeper but I'm willing to pay that extra money for the simplicity of usage.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

API system is very flexible and simple for use. We where able to connect with wordpress Gravity forms, with a Vanilla PHP script and with Opencart.

Barry from Neon Wedding

Simple, affordable, effective

Pros

For my size company (startup <10), it's easier to manage, affordable and does what's required better than Infusionsoft/keap, Hubspot and others we've attempted to move to - but keep coming back. There's necessarily a degree of complexity that a non-dedicated resource needs to handle and AC does this really well. It's a tool of my business, not the main event.

Cons

It may exist, though I've never stumbled across it, but an opportunity to learn from the benefit of others - we shouldn't have to discover, learn and trial everything if others with similar needs have done so in the past. Remove inefficiency from my adoption of the platform.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

We'll likely move to Ontraport when our needs become more complex but for now, AC delivers what we need and may yet grow such that we don't need to transition.

Active Campaign has been a Game Changer for Our Business

It's been a wonderful experience all in all using AC for our businesses

Pros

Incredibly powerful marketing automation. We've been able to set and forget so much in terms of marketing emails thanks to this powerful system so we can focus more on our customers.

Cons

Lacks a useful mobile app for Android. The email editor is rather clunky and can be frustrating at times, especially with regard to the "undo" function. The image selector/inserter is also terrible.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The features for the price was a wonderful combination for us.

Skye from Free The Wage Slave

Over 100+ Projects Built Using ActiveCampaign

Overall highly positive and I continue to recommend it.

Pros

The marketing automation is the most powerful at its price point and the system continues to develop beyond this into new and interesting areas (e.g. landing pages)

Cons

Segmentation struggles to use combined queries - if you ask for query A and Query B together, you think you'd get ONLY the contacts who appear in BOTH lists. In reality you get all of the contacts on query A and B together - this needs improvement.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Better features at a lower price.

Monika from The Wayfinding Entrepreneur

Blown away by what's possible, the easy of use, and the support

I used both Mailchimp and AWeber before but I'm absolutely blown away by the ease of use and the many options that ActiveCampaign provides, making it a complete system.

Pros

I love the combination of email marketing, segmentation, dynamic content, lead scoring and integrated sales process management. It's easy to learn and set up. The induction process and the library are very helpful to get started quickly. ActiveCampaign is for me the tool that goes far beyond email marketing. The support and on-boarding call are amazing.

Cons

There are many options that I'm not using right now, simply because I don't have time to learn more about them at the moment.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign provides all options I need and even more at an affordable price.

Tanja from Tanja Baumann

Best Tool so far

Pros

I use it for myself and for clients, so I got to know most systems, and AC ist by far the best. Intuitiv, with a lot of great features. Easy to handle and to learn. Their webinars are great and if they do events in your area you should go there.

Cons

When you have a feature in your plan and the exclude it from the plan you don´t get a message and realize some time later, that it is not working anymore.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I already knew it from my clients

Rebecca from Purify Your Body

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Way better than InfusionSoft

As the sole owner of a growing small business, I finally decided I needed "help" in the way of marketing automation. So that is why I turned to ActiveCampaign. It has been less than 6 months since I have signed up and so far it is going good and is helpful. The transition over from Constant Contact was a struggle for me since I don't like change. However I knew this change was a good one.

Pros

It is easy to maneuver through the dashboard and create campaigns. It is affordable and for a small business (only me) with over 6,000 customers the price point is WAY better than InfusionSoft.

Cons

It took a long time for onboarding. I wish they were able to complete it within one single week vs over the span of a month.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

InfusionSoft does not have a price point that is reasonable for the small business with lots of customers. It seems like they would prefer to have you keep your contacts in the hundreds vs growing to the thousands. Their pricing structure shows that.

Paul from Outerloop Coaching

I keep recommending AC to everyone but my competitors...

Pros

AC was easy to set up and, even better, has retained everything I built it to do. It is sometimes months between times I build new funnels for my email list and it gets easier and easier to do each time - I don't have to re-learn the system and it's intuitive enough I don't forget enough to make it hard for myself. There are plenty of great YouTube videos from other users on successful funnels to build so there is a strong community to lean on for ideas and assistance, but AC's customer service has always been very responsive and helpful as well. AC has become the engine of my side-hustle. For my tech stack, some pieces are optional. AC is most definitely not.

Cons

Reports are AC's weakest link. I am a data nerd, so I would love to see much more perspectives on my users' activity so I can better target and segment some users over others. I want to see my open rate over time, not just from one email campaign to the next. And I want to be able to easily drill down in to what inspires opens over others (subject line analysis!). Alas, this is the area AC falls down. But again, as long as the functionality is great (which it is) I'll cope on the reporting until it improves.

Carlos from VoKalo

The best CRM I have worked with

Very smooth. It is all very logical, and I had no problem implementing everything I needed.

Pros

The delivery rate is impressive. I always had problem with another providers, but with ActiveCampaign none of my subscribers complain about not receiving emails. The other thing that I LOVE is the power of the automation system. With this CRM I have finally do what I needed to do.

Cons

The price. It is a VERY good CRM in my opinion, but it is expensive. I feel that I don't need every feature, but I'm still paying for them (I'm a very small business). I pay it happily, but it still hurts :)

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

They were far inferior, in my opinion. Not the same features, and very hard to use (specially MailChimp automations).

Sarah from Content Nitro

Exceptional for email marketing

I love Active Campaign, and I highly recommend them if you wish to have a great email marketing aspect of your business.

Pros

Firstly, the automations for this software are incredible. They are intuitive and can create a customer journey that is dynamic and a positive experience at the same time. Active Campaign integrates with all the tools that I use for marketing from Facebook Ads to my data capture forms and of course my website. The event tracking and dynamic (conditional) content is superb. I've never experienced anything as good from another company.

Cons

I don't like the forms, they're ugly. I'm sure I could make them better but life's too short and they work well for other people.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Cost, and usability. I wanted email marketing software that I could use and not need a degree in quantum engineering to understand.

Sara from Realscore

Perfect balance between entry level email marketing software and top tier CRM systems

Overall, my experience has been great so far. I am excited to build out this platform to fit the needs of 4+ businesses. Their onboarding webinars and one-on-one calls are great resources for learning and setting up the platform properly the first time. I would highly recommend to anyone juggling multiple businesses/accounts who need email marketing as well as CRM functionality, without having to pay an arm and a leg every month.

Pros

What drew me to ActiveCampaign originally were the extensive automation functions and the user-friendly CRM/Deals features. I'm thrilled that I only have to set up my automations once and then AC will continue to do the sloggy work for me. We are still in the midst of setting up and tweaking our CRM pipelines and processes, but I love how they integrate with the automations, and if using Zapier will integrate with even more of our stack.

Cons

There are a few quality of life things that I feel are missing, such as some form appearance properties (GetResponse, where we migrated from, has a form builder that is able to create a form that matches my website much better that AC), as well as being able to see the Due Date at a glance in Deals. Small inconveniences that I hope they will continue to build out in the future.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was the sweet spot between features, functionality, and reasonable price.

Adam from Classic Sailing

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

ActiveCampaign the pros and Cons

A big learning curve, plenty of good guides. Constant improvements, good support but not the one I and lots of other peole want, ie copy email to other people.

Pros

The automations and integral links to Shopify and Facebook. The organisation of Deals

Cons

The major problem is the lack of ability to copy an email to more than the recipient. The lack of this feature is putting the continued use of this product in doubt. The campaign emails work well but the standard emails do not give good formats.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The automsations appealed to me and the price looked good. It lsso meant I did not need MailChimp.

Abby from United Way of Greater St. Louis

I want to switch us exclusively to ActiveCampaign

Pros

In a perfect world, I would love to convince my org to allow us to switch exclusively to ActiveCampaign. We currently use a very popular, over-built, over-priced platform (which I will not name) that does not fulfill our needs. We don't use a lot of the features our current platform offers, which makes the experience unnecessarily complicated and clunky. I just want to build a simple email, send it easily and track engagement. That's it, and ActiveCampaign fits this bill. That's not to say ActiveCampaign is so simple it's lacking; in my opinion, it's not at all. Using ActiveCampaign is foolproof. You can't mess up. It literally walks you through the email process step by step without jumping through all the unnecessary hoops. You can teach yourself the platform in no time. A few highlights worth mentioning: When building your email, you can simply copy/paste as plain text directly into the email and it will automatically format the text for you. Our current platform requires us to go into the coding screen to do this. Elements are drag and drop. Sure, you can code if you want, but you can make some great designs without. A minor feature I find super helpful: It remembers the last sender profile and list you used and defaults to that. LOVE that. Importing new contacts is super simple. Tracking: so easy. Instead of having to toggle through multiple screens to look at a user's history, you can see it all clearly in one spot.

Cons

Honestly, I have no complaints about ActiveCampaign. I will say that they do charge extra if you exceed your plan's contacts limit. Which is understandable; every platform does this. All in all, it's a very affordable option.

Chris from PTAA

Love AC!

Customer service has always been helpful.

Pros

This is one of the easiest to use marketing and CRM software I have used! I switched several years back from another provider and wish I would have done it sooner!

Cons

The only thing I would like to see more of are the templates. There are some but building up the automation templates would be great.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

AC was priced the best for the best software.

Declan from Simply Responsive

Industry: Publishing

Powerful marketing automation tools, CRM, and the power to understand your audience.

Setting Activecampaign for a client with a limited budget and limited technical skills, we were able to set up and automate many of the lead funnels for this B2B SAAS company. The tools are comparable to what you'll pay 10X for, and one of the features I love about Activecampaign are their Marketing Automation Workflows - allowing you to setup, segment, and activate the inactive. By using this tool, we achieved 25% open rates in the HR industry where 10% is often average; by integrating the online tools with our inbound marketing Team - both phone and online support - we were able to increase sales Demos 10X over the previous 6 months because Activecampaign helped us motivate the inactive, as well as those who take action. One of the tools I recommend most to clients is Activecampaign because it's performance marketing at a reasonable price.

Pros

Marketing automation tools and templates Deliverability excellent in our experience CRM was enough for our needs, helping coordinate 5 staff. Can use in Gmail, which helped our non-Tech sales people. Reporting that helps quantify engagement and ROI

Cons

CRM was not the strongest, yet enough for our needs Marketing automation services generally are separate from emails you send to larger lists in my approach. Would like an option for sending mail outside the automation to lists, but that may simply be different skill sets (haven't found a solution we like).

Lewis from Chem-Impex International

Industry: Chemicals

ActiveCampaign is great for entry-level users in the Marketing Automation space

Set up was very easy as AC provided a implementation specialist that helped us get familiar with the software and up and running quite quickly. In addition, they have a great onboarding process to make sure all your needs and questions are answered. Highly recommended!

Pros

Best parts of ActiveCampaign (AC) include their user interface for designing & customizing emails, pop-up messaging, and automation workflows. It is very user friendly and intuitive to use. We were able to set up pop-up messaging, user tracking, and abandoned cart emails quite easily with our website, within days of starting our subscription. In addition, the customer service is phenomenal. We had a smooth onboarding experience with an exceptionally communicative team. All of our responses were answered, even the more technical ones, which they brought on an engineer to discuss with us, free of charge. 5 stars for implementation and onboarding with AC!

Cons

Some of the customizations for forms/pop-ups require some knowledge of CSS in order to get your pop-up form to look exactly the way you want. Sometimes the CSS was buggy and wasn't working, which required me to reach out to customer service, who were very responsive (within 24 hours). Also, I don't find the reporting to be as intuitive to use as say MixPanel or Amplitude. Navigating the reporting menus can be clunky at times, trying to dig down into the information you really need requires some in depth searching or just playing around with the software.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Ease of use, great customer service, fast integration

Tobe from V-Squared Creative

Love me some Active Campaign

Pros

Very easy to use and learn. Love the different automations and ways you can connect with your prospects and customers, depending on behavior.

Cons

Deliverability is always an issue with third-party email software, so this isn't unique to AC. But, I do wish deliverability were better sometimes.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Seemed to be a little more user friendly.

Stacia from Strength By Stacia

I've loved using ActiveCampaign for the last 2 years and look forward to continuing to do so!

Pros

I am not super tech saavy or a big time marketer but I have been able to figure out all the features I need to engage with my customers in a meaningful way. The automations are simple to set up and make running my business a piece of cake. I also love all the support they offer, the live chat option has saved me many times when I needed to get a quick answer. I also was able to attend an all day event where I learned so much about how to effectively use this tool and I am grateful for all the amazing resources they have available.

Cons

I use this for very basic marketing so I haven't run into any issues or downfalls about it. It is far more robust than my needs are but I like that with that it doesn't overcomplicate it for the basic needs I have. All around great product.

Nathan from Wunderman

Great Email Service for the Price!

Good to work with and good email deliverability which is the most important thing. Overall, good value and quality of automations at an affordable price compared to competitors. Not cheap, but also not super expensive and complex to run like Infusionsoft. Similar to ConvertKit in my opinion, but better automations.

Pros

It took a little while to understand everything in terms of automations and advanced features, but after I learned it I found the automations and email campaign features very easy to use. You can setup great advanced email campaigns and segmentation in a relatively simple way. Great for small businesses like ours

Cons

I think the product offers everything we could need. I wish the SMS service was offered for a lower plan like ours, but otherwise it's great.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Affordable price and good quality service and recommendations from others.

Austin from Marketer as a Service

The Best Kept Secret in Marketing Automation

Pros

ActiveCampaign is one of the best kept secrets in the marketing world. The automation builder is both easy-to-use AND powerful. You can trigger actions and segment by almost any criteria you can imagine. In a lot of ways, the automation builder rivals the (what I consider) best-in-class solutions such as Marketo. The email builder is intuitive and the template library comes with a lot of good looking emails to start from. Zero HTML/CSS needed. The built-in SMS messaging is really cool and somewhat unique in the industry. Building an automation consisting of emails and SMS messages is drag and drop, with no integrations needed. While it's limited (as of today) the CRM is really intuitive and clean. If they continue to add functionality in this area they may have something incredible in a couple years. Importing contacts is simple and goes far beyond the typical CSV file. Google contacts, Google Sheets, other email providers. no problem. Possibly the best import tools I've seen in this industry.

Cons

The most obvious one is the lack of a landing page builder. Having landing pages in the tool would be ideal, but solutions such as LeadPages can be easily integrated. Having to pay for email compatibility testing (for different devices) is a bit annoying, feels like you're being "nickel and dimed." The reporting leaves a lot to be desired. I'm really hoping they invest in this area (much more important than having built-in landing pages in my view), as it would really elevate the solution and make it an easy choice vs the Infusionsofts of the world.