All BlueFolder Reviews

Aleksandr

Information Technology and Services, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed November 2023

Easy setup and very impressed

Kavindu Githsara

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

BlueFolder: The Key to Effortless Asset Management

Overall, BlueFolder has been a valuable tool for my company. Its ability to track and manage all of our company's assets in one platform, ability to customize fields and forms and powerful reporting capabilities have greatly improved our asset management. While the software has a bit of a learning curve and requires a bit of effort to fully set it up and customize it, the benefits of BlueFolder far outweigh the cons for our business.

PROS

As an admin user of BlueFolder in my company, I have found it to be a comprehensive and user-friendly asset management software. One of the biggest advantages of this software is its ability to track and manage all of our company's assets in one platform. From equipment, vehicles, to tools and inventory, BlueFolder provides a seamless experience for our team and our customers. Another great feature of BlueFolder is the ability to customize fields and forms to fit our company's specific needs. This has been especially useful in terms of tracking and managing the maintenance of our assets.

CONS

While it offers a wide range of features, it takes some time and effort to fully utilize all the functionalities, especially for non-technical users.

Reviewed April 2024

Its not perfect but its pretty good, and I haven't found anything better

As the title says, it is not perfect, but its good. You don't have to change your whole business process like with say service titan.

PROS

its flexible, you can get it to do a lot with the way you set it up. the support team, and really everyone we have worked with has been helpful. they are actively working on it and seem to care about there customers.

CONS

it does not do a few things that seem obvious but they are working on them.

Reason for choosing BlueFolder

we had made a decision matrix to help us pick the software that would work best for us, but we never got to use it because BlueFolder was the only software that checked off most of the boxes, there was never a point to rate the other ones they just did not do what we needed, if you were short sighted and didnt actually care about costs or efficency and just upsaled everything the others would be fine i guess. Zoho would of required switching from quickbooks online, we thought about it and it may have worked good but we decided not to switch our accounting software so i did not dive to deep into Zoho, the others were built for the sleezy upsale HVAC companies.

Reasons for switching to BlueFolder

It does not work right. about 3% of the time it would not fail to send invoices to QuickBooks, but it would fail to correctly send invoices to QuickBooks, its essentially bad at math. it also does not send COS data to quickbooks correctly. the database seems to be a mess, and if you get more then like 4 days on a job they can start to take 5 or 10 minuets to load. The field worker side is ok but the back end is a train wreck.

Good tool but expensive

Overall it serves us well, but the increasing costs might drive us to look at other options.

PROS

Work order management works well both in the office and in the field. Automated recurring work orders help keep preventative maintenance organized. Work history is easily located, it's easy to add attachements etc. Customer support is excellent, always a quick response, always quick to address any issues we have.

CONS

Sold in US dollars only makes it quite expensive for Canadian companies. Overall cost has become quite high. For our setup we have to do a lot of manual setup for preventative maintenance. Easier than on paper and automatically triggers work orders in the months we need though.

Reason for choosing BlueFolder

At the time the other products didn't have functions for scheduled preventative maintenance.

Ryan

A Quality Product that Improves our Buisness

Overall, the experience we've had with BlueFolder has been very positive and we look forward to continuing to utilize it as our primary job tracking software. The improvements that have been implemented already make me confident that the service will just continue to be stronger and stronger.

PROS

BlueFolder has been a significant upgrade from our previous job tracking system. It is easy to use, has a wide variety of functions that increase our productivity, and has a strong customer service department that listens to our feedback and takes suggestions seriously for added features and improvements.

CONS

The invoicing/payment system could use some improvements. There is not an option to customize the invoice forms, take multiple payments for an invoice, edit invoices after creation, and receive a payment for multiple invoices.

Reasons for switching to BlueFolder

Service Fusion was not well liked by the office staff. It had many accounting issues and struggled with basic revenue recognition concepts. Invoices would not sync properly to QuickBooks, job numbers were ridiculous and it felt like customer support was lacking.

Kelly

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2022

An effective tool for your daily needs

Overall, we are very happy with the program. We are hoping for some future integration with our documentation.

PROS

I really like the ease of use and the implementation of the system was virtually seamless with the tech team from BlueFolder. The reports are very good for our needs. The technicians really like to use the desktop program and that what's most important.

CONS

The mobile app needs a lot of work. There is limited ability to print out equipment reports for single units.

Reason for choosing BlueFolder

Cost, quick start up, easy data transfer, great people to work with...

Reasons for switching to BlueFolder

The product was no longer suited to our growing needs.

NeKesha

Medical Devices, 11-50 employees

Great service software

10/10. The implantation was easy, the support is great, training was also wonderful.

PROS

The overall aesthetics. It’s easy on the easy and easy to work in

CONS

The syncing to Quickbooks, and no real way to keep inventory

Reason for choosing BlueFolder

Pricing was better. The sales team made me feel more comfortable, and it was easy to work in.

Reasons for switching to BlueFolder

Did serve us well, support was terrible. We had lots of work arounds to make it work for us.

Danielle

Industrial Automation, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great Program for Office and Field.

I enjoy every aspect of this system. I am able to allow access to the customers when we get the system built and they will be able to see their information and also to make service calls.

PROS

The set up of Blue folder took minutes. I sent the information to them and they loaded it up. Everything is easy to figure out and easy to find.

CONS

When you delete something I have not been able to see if it is gone gone or if it is retrievable. There could be a person that accidently deletes information by clicking incorrectly and it may need to be brough back.

Reason for choosing BlueFolder

The ease of use, price and services provided

Reasons for switching to BlueFolder

Ft had many upgrades to catch up and it was much slower. Our data entry could only enter 3 services a day.

Sue

Biotechnology, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Great product!

The service has been amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is readily available and has excellent product and industry knowledge so he really understands our needs. He has a great skill in finding "work arounds" for features that Blue Folder may not have. Its clear he is very proficient in knowing this program and best practices for use.

PROS

I love how this product is simple and easy to navigate and use. The amount of customization is really great

CONS

I wish there was the ability to create a "master list" of equipment (so that we can use the same equipment for different customers) and the ability to work offline

Reason for choosing BlueFolder

The ease of use and the dashboard is very simple. Additionally, the customer support was amazing and the price was on point.

Reasons for switching to BlueFolder

We needed better flexibility, more reporting functions and the ability to access the program from anywhere- including the phone

Carl

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

BlueFolder saved our company and allowed us to grow!

Additionally, BlueFolder's customer service was top-notch. Anytime we had a question, they had an immediate answer.

PROS

We were burdened with heavy software that required a million clicks to get the simplest things done. Then, we found BlueFolder. It gave us everything we needed to store customer information, schedule service tickets for our employees and most importantly, close tickets and get paid quickly. The software's simplicity allowed us to put our focus on growing the company.

CONS

We found no cons with the BlueFolder software.

Hi Carl, We appreciate you letting us know about how BlueFolder helped your business. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Regards, The BlueFolder Team

Replied April 2020

Jeremy

Machinery, 11-50 employees

Great software

PROS

The ease of use and how efficient and effective it is.

CONS

Could have a little bit better mobile version.

Reasons for switching to BlueFolder

Bluefolder offers so much more and great ease of use.

Heather

Facilities Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Makes my day easier

Bluefolder makes my job easier everyday. It allows for project tracking & invoicing & billing. place It easily provides a way for clients to request service and keep all the projects and notes in one place. This is much easier than having multiple emails/text messages/phone calls to keep track of.

PROS

It makes it easy to track each maintenance project. I also like that i can communicate directly through Bluefolder with the client and have the communication saved in the log for the work order

CONS

this is silly but I wish it would allow google to save the password. I really h ate typing it in every day

Dustin

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Great Program/Service!

Its been very helpful with managing work tasks and repairs, its also allowed us to start a work order program here in our farcicalities.

PROS

Keep track of my daily tasks and installs on new equipment.

CONS

Not having a spare parts/Parts inventory per machine. Ex. we have (x) amount of (z), after service on machine would like to add that we used one of (z) to repair (x).

Reason for choosing BlueFolder

More features and better customer service.

More features/access on Bluefolder

Steve

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Forklift University LOVES BlueFolder

EXCEPTIONAL! service and support have always been spot on, helped when i had issues, helped on the new update. Responsive in a quick time period. Sale team has been helpful when I have had cusotmers that could benifit they helped me to setup a demo system. There are very few companies (especially software) that i like as much as this system.

PROS

We have been with BlueFolder for many many years, and have watched it improve. We use it to run nearly every aspect of our business. Before I started this company, I ran a software development company in LA, this software is simple to use, powerful and would be the highest rated software systems that I use for my company. Without this system I would have to link together several solutions and doubt they would give me the tools and ease of use that this one system has. Steve Drake

CONS

The calendar has issues with time zones. But this is common in most calendar systems. I live in Arizona and during half the year my appointments are set to the wrong time, even though my sales team puts them in correctly for the class. It adjusts to what it thinks is my local time, but the class is scheduled for a time in spite of the zone. This is an issue because I travel to those times, and it does not update when i am there.

Hi Steve, We appreciate you letting us know about how BlueFolder helped your business. We greatly appreciate your feedback. Thanks for being a valued customer! Regards, The BlueFolder Team

Replied August 2022

Telecommunications, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Implementing Bluefolder in a new business model

I have used it in some capacity for the past 6 years and am implementing it at a new company. I can use it to research previous troubles, schedule future call-outs/PM's, and it is exceptionally easy to document issues for future technician's to diagnose.

PROS

I am currently at a new position and using the current companies in-house dispatch/billing/maintenance software is not intuitive to the point where only a specialized personnel use it. I suggested implementing Bluefolder on a trial basis for a subset of our customer base. I had used it in a similar capacity at a previous company and enjoy how easy it is to find customer and equipment data - specifically previous notes and dispatched and contact information.

CONS

The map function needs a bit of work. Much of our equipment in the field lacks a street address or is inside of another company's main location, but not a the street address that they would use (read a chemical plant with an Admin building for the address, but equipment installed elsewhere within the plant). Location information needs at latitude/longitude option. Entering location information should come with a "Save and new" button like the equipment entering option.Sub-equipment as a standard option would be nice.

Familiarity

Jordan

Medical Devices, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2022

BlueFolder Review

I use BlueFolder daily to manage the Field Service Team for a medical device company. This software allows us the ability to track service orders from start-finish while collecting pertinent data.

PROS

This software is easy to use and navigate. Assigning tasks for team members is easy and notification keep you up to date on statuses as they progress through the service cycle.

CONS

Reporting could be improved. It would be nice to have reports that can show how long a service order is in a particular status.

Pricing and Ease of Use

Kristy

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2017

BlueFolder is easy to use to manage work orders.

The software is easy to use and has some great functions. The best feature is being able to sort by job, property, etc. I LOVE having the search bar - I use this every time I enter a new service request. It helps being able to go back and see all the jobs for a specific property - or even all the jobs with one specific issue.

PROS

It's easy to look up past work orders (so I can see when something has been previously done with a property). It's very simple to set up new properties and contacts. The invoices are very professional looking and transfer nicely to QuickBooks.

CONS

I wish this software would integrate with Buildium - would be much easier to use if I didn't have to export to QuickBooks, download, then reupload to our management software. I also find it a pain to contact customer support to do basic functions like adding a user or removing a user.

AMBER