All Carsforsale.com Reviews

Mercedes

Automotive, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

Love the Service!

Love the service! Easy to use and very affordable

PROS

The website and integration of third party services is great quality and included!

CONS

Would like to be able to include more BHPH reports and payment history

Cost and services offered

Reasons for switching to Carsforsale.com

Cost and the use of the services I need are included in price

Pete

Reviewed March 2024

Carsforsale is best platform for dealer website and search engine

Superb I have had a great experience...been with carsforsale for about 15 years

PROS

You can't beat the price ! What your get for the price is an easy simplified website which is easy to manage

CONS

I really don't have an answer for that I like everything about it

Price and simplicity . So easy to manage

Rich

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Good price for a product that helps

Great. I use it every day, but they dont update me on new features

PROS

It is easy to use! We love it for website integration

CONS

I feel like they don't keep up with technology

Rich, Thank you for your review. Our team would love to speak to you about any product updates. Please give us a call at (866) 388-9778.

Replied March 2024

Matthew

Reviewed December 2023

Honest Opinion

Customer service is responsive, the program itself is easy to use & has what you need for small dealers

PROS

Access to inventory, paperwork such as buyer guides etc within seconds compared to other programs is great

CONS

No real cons for the price point, nothing but good things to say

Reason for choosing Carsforsale.com

We use both of the programs in tandum, both have good points

Gary

Used Car Dealership

PROS

Carsforsale.com helps market our used car inventory to anyone in the area. It is fast and easy to add or remove inventory from the website. It also allows communication between us and potential customers. The price is reasonable for the features provided. Good customer service throughout the years.

CONS

Carsforsale.com doesn't have the option to automatically share a vehicle onto craigslist, though there is a way that you can manually post it onto craigslist and other platforms.

Taylor

A Great Service for Auto Dealers

In my role, I work with CFS support on a biweekly basis to update content on our website include our customized webpages for our other business departments.

PROS

CFS works for our business to help us manage inventory, market our inventory and attract leads.

CONS

Working with CFS to develop the webpages for our additional departments has been difficult at times. They do not have predetermined templates to work with, so you do have to put in some effort to get the pages where you would like them.

Reviewed March 2024

Great tool and great people!

From day one they have been very helpful in getting setup and any changes I need made.

PROS

Very easy to use and awesome customer service.

CONS

I have no cons for Carsforsale. They have been great to work with.

Reason for choosing Carsforsale.com

Recommended by a fellow dealer that had good experience.

Anthony

Cheap Effective and Works

PROS

Cheap and Effective it just works no frills for a website with inventory. Best value in auto

CONS

There isn't much to dislike. You know exactly what you're getting, and if that's what you're after, then it's perfect.

DAVID

Lepage's Review

PROS

Easy to use, customer support and value.

CONS

When a car is advertised as a "Base" when it has leather and roof but no navigation. Why does it have to say anything? I've brought this up multiple times.

bryan

Great service

PROS

Easy of use, simple layout, budget friendly and gets the job done

CONS

would like to have the text options back and more options to adjust website with out calling

Susan

Reviewed October 2021

Control your inventory with a few clicks

The ability to display the current inventory to the public is a great benefit and a must have in these COVID Pandemic times.

PROS

The software allows you to complete the task of adding new inventory, or editing existing inventory simple. The step by step process assures that you don't forget any of the important details. The ability to scan the VIN barcode and automatically display vehicle specifics is a real time saver.

CONS

The need to input mileage and price for each vehicle when you are displaying "email for price" or "email for mileage is a waste of time. Although the ability to display videos of inventory is available, you have to first publish the video elsewhere and input the URL into CarsForSale, which is too much trouble and time consuming. Being able to instantly take video and upload directly would be very helpful. Additionally I have been unable to find a way to bring a "SOLD" vehicle back into inventory, except to completely reenter everything. If this feature is available it is not clear how to use it.

Reason for choosing Carsforsale.com

The company has been using Carsforsale.com for many years. We have recently been looking at other software just to gain knowledge of other options.

Stephanie

Reviewed November 2022

The best 3rd party partner we have

We get a great product and great service.

PROS

The back end product for listing our cars is far superior in everyway to any other we have used. They are also the easiest to get ahold of when we need help and every person who answers the phone is knowledgeable.

CONS

The only thing we don't like is that when Carsforsale converted over to a new system we lost 2 very helpful functions. The first was that we had the ability on our website to print off a vehicle fact sheet which our customers loved and found very helpful. The 2nd thing we lost was that previously on our website the stock number was on the search page. This was extremely helpful to us because we carry 20-30 identical vans (same year, make, model) It was extremely helpful to us when a customer inquired about these vans we could easily decipher which van they were looking at. It is very difficult now to tell them apart without clicking into each individual van.

Reasons for switching to Carsforsale.com

We had used Carsforsale before and without a doubt Carsforsale was the better product in everyway.

STEVE

Reviewed November 2019

Great Tool

whenever I call in for help, I am able to resolve my issue. Usually is just user error!

PROS

Easy to add inventory and check on VINs. Great for uploading pictures as they are formatted as the best format needed for the website.

CONS

integration with Craigslist and Marketplace could use some work

Reason for choosing Carsforsale.com

Better exposure on the internet

Reasons for switching to Carsforsale.com

Dealer Car Search is not as well known so when searching the internet, my stuff didn't show up as readily as Cars for Sale

Hi Steve, our customer service team tried reaching out to you but, unfortunately, we weren't able to catch you. If you get a chance, please give us a call back to discuss some of our tools to help you leverage them for the maximum amount of leads possible. Give us a call at (866) 388-9778 and we'll walk you through next steps with our integrations.

Replied November 2019

Amy

Reviewed November 2020

Helps my business grow

Customer service is top tier. We always get a happy person (no automated responses) willing to help, quick on follow up and answers our questions. We've been extremely satisfied with how Carsforsale was one of the first to integrate with Facebook and has continued to add the latest and greatest technology to help our business grow -- like chat/text responses, COVID messages and social media.

PROS

The software is easy to use, mobile friendly, and stays up to date with the latest advancements and features you are seeing out there.

CONS

Leads must be answered in the software instead of in the CRM. Doesn't not automatically automate with our inventory management software -- which I admit is very old. You have found a work around for us, which I appreciate tremendously, just wish the updates were a little more frequent.

Reason for choosing Carsforsale.com

best bang for the buck. Pricing was perfect for a small independent dealer like us who can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a month to get our inventory on the web. It was simple, effective and affordable.

Connor

Reviewed December 2021

Cars For Sale Overview

Overall, I love CFS. It is very easy to use and navigate. All the features are great and can be very helpful to anybody especially those who are just starting out in this business. Anybody new here I would definitely recommend this software. I don't see us switching to anybody else. Why would we?

PROS

Cars for sale does a lot of things right. It is very easy to use and navigate. I haven't really found myself "stuck" or looking for something for 10 minutes. Lead tracking and inventory management are probably used daily. We love them here and will not switch to any other provider.

CONS

The only thing that I would like to see CFS do different would be website customization. Not a huge deal but it would be nice to make changes myself rather than email in and have them do it.

Reasons for switching to Carsforsale.com

V12 was nice but very expensive. I did find myself at times struggling to find things as the page layout in my opinion was kind of cluttered and everything was small.

Dan

Reviewed September 2020

Great option for used dealership startups

Overall great experience. For $99 the service is a bargain. US based company with domestic support. A great value.

PROS

Very easy to use. It gets the job done for small dealerships starting out. Very easy to post vehicles and software is relatively glitch free.

CONS

All of it's features are as basic as they come. When adding a vehicle, you are only able to log 1 cost for the vehicle and doesn't give you the option to add more. Just 1 cost line. CRM is very basic and does not have the ability to distinguish where the leads are coming from.

Reasons for switching to Carsforsale.com

Dealercenter is a lot more powerful than Carsforsale and is adding way more necessary features at super fast speed. I am still with carsforsale as well as you can't beat their value.

Alicia

Reviewed February 2020

Can't Be Beat

The value carsforsale offers can't be beat! They stay up to date on the latest trends and have a great customer support. The easy to use software makes it fast to make changes to your website, vehicles and print multiple forms as well.

PROS

Quick and easy to make changes, great customer service, quality product for a fantastic price. There isn't anything I don't like!

CONS

When trying to print the window sticker the margins are not set correctly so they get cut off. In order to use I have to transfer them to a word doc and edit them.

Reason for choosing Carsforsale.com

I found it to be the best value and were the nicest. I felt like what they were telling me was true and they were not just pressuring me for a sale.

Reasons for switching to Carsforsale.com

Very small private company that was slow and didn't offer much

Danielle