All ClickUp Reviews

LOVE It!

Denise

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2022

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

PROS

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

CONS

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

When it comes to keeping track of everything that is going on in my life, Clickup has been a lifesaver. In comparison to Asana and Trello, it's a lot more feature rich. They offer a lot of cool widgets and connectors in their task tool, which allows for a lot of personalization. It does, in fact, aid in increasing output.

eva

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2024

Advanced task and idea management

PROS

It has all the features you could need and has great overview and calendar integration functionalities. Love the dashboard view and calculation options

CONS

Not for beginners who need something simple, can get a bit overwhelming. Free version doesn't include all the options i need

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I needed more options. I also liked the list functions.

Claire

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Decent Tool, Poor Service & Annoying Upsell

It was great initially while we're testing it out, even paid up-front annual for an upgrade to their Unlimited plan. Then it went downhill from there. Our team is small, will likely keep shopping after this if their service is poor as such.

PROS

I was quite pleased with the tool - it helped a lot with productivity and scheduling tasks with my team. I've used other collaboration tools and found Clickup working the best for our needs.

CONS

The tool is quite complex to set up and learning curve is huge compared to others - they try to do a lot, maybe too much. The upsell technique is quite annoying too. Worst of all is their service. When I filled out the contact form to reach out to sales, heard back within minutes. Replied back to my concerns on upsell, didn't hear back for days.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

I tried Notion and others, but Clickup seem to worked the best for project management purpose of my firm. I'll likely have to incorporate other tools as some work as well.

Moses Lookman

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

The only task management tool you'll ever need

Overall, I've had a really positive experience with ClickUp. It's been a very useful tool for me, and I've been able to customize it to fit my needs. I also like that it's constantly being updated with new features and improvements. It's clear that the team behind ClickUp is working hard to make it the best tool it can be.

PROS

I love how intuitive and easy to use ClickUp is. The user interface is very clean and simple, and there are a lot of great features that make it easy to organize and manage tasks. I also like that there are different views, such as Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and lists, so you can choose the view that works best for you. And I really appreciate the ability to customize the interface to suit my needs.

CONS

There are a few areas where ClickUp could improve. One is the search function. It's not always as intuitive as it could be, and sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to find what you're looking for. Another area that could be improved is the mobile app - while it's functional, it's not quite as user-friendly as the web version. And lastly, the reporting features could be a bit more robust.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

I ultimately decided on ClickUp because I felt like it had the best combination of features, affordability, and ease of use. I also liked the fact that ClickUp is constantly adding new features, which made me feel like it would be a good long-term solution.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

I found that ClickUp had more features and was more customizable. I also liked the fact that ClickUp is more affordable than Trello.

Valериа

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

A robust tool at a very good price

PROS

I love that it has multiple features, it is a robust tool.

CONS

There is room for improvement in terms of intuitiveness and user-experience, and occasional bugs arise from time to time.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

It wasn't my decision, it was our manager who decided to switch to Clickup

Marc

Architecture & Planning, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Easy, intuitive and visual with plenty of scope for customisation.

Overall, I'm happy with Click Up. I was able to log all my projects and break them down into bite sized chunks, tack and manage them efficiently an effectively.

PROS

Click Up is simple and easy to learn; you can be be more efficient from day one. Yet it is powerful enough to cope with the most complex and demanding projects with multiple ways of viewing an analysing your data.

CONS

For more complex tasks the user interface can sometimes be a little clunky and not as intuitive as I would have hoped. But on the whole I was able to find what I was looking for.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Click Up offered so much more than Trello.

Constance

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

ClickUp keeps us going!

PROS

My team is virtual. Without ClickUp's emails, scheduling and status updates, we would have no idea what the other person had done and it would make communication a longer more tedious process. I can sleep knowing that my team member has marked all items "complete" each day.

CONS

The new update makes the screen harder to see on the calendar version. We use the calendar most and it makes it annoying to not be able to see the whole month.

Shreya

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Happy to use Clickup

PROS

My most favorite thing was functionalities provided in description and comment box, specially the list it shows after '/' character. I mostly used that for numbering about attachment. it is really easy to use at implement not only at work but also at personal level. in clickup you can only create 5 spaces in a single workspace if you are using free account but you can create numerious workspaces with single account which can have 5 spaces each for free forever plan.

CONS

There is nothing I dislike about Clickup.

Monica

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Great task management tool

As a consultant, I have a number of projects for different companies that I work on at once. There are a number of project and track management tools out there and Clickup is the one I like the most because it has all the features AND a clean distraction-free design.

PROS

The clean and easy-to-use design and abundant features.

CONS

There is little support but the app is easy enough that it isn't really crucial.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

ClickUp has more features on the free version than other platforms.

Bryce

Environmental Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed February 2024

User-friendly, Great for Collaboration

PROS

It has a very user-friendly design, especially on mobile devices. Desktop is good too. I've found that sometimes software changes its look when it goes from desktop to mobile (which I find really annoying), but ClickUp does a good job at maintaining consistency.

CONS

Everything is great about ClickUp except for its bugs on OS. Every few weeks the app will not load anything. They've gotten better with this over time, but it's still a pain when you're out in the field and have to rely on a mobile device.

Laura

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

ClickUp is the best way to productivity

ClickUp's extensive features make it ideal for businesses who need to automate procedures and workflows and may serve a wide variety of customers. This works wonderfully for us as a business. For businesses with fewer customers and fewer personnel who need transparency and procedures, it may be overkill.

PROS

ClickUp is used to efficiently monitor tasks and time spent. ClickUp has been a fantastic assistance in supplying documentation and tracking right time on each work, as well as keeping the data logged securely so that we can examine it at any time.

CONS

It would be wonderful if the recurring tasks were less buggy. Automation software that makes use of pre-existing applications. Having a Reminder System That Works Outside of the House.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Before we started utilizing ClickUp, there was almost no transparency when it comes to employees knowing or comprehending their daily duties. It was also difficult to meet deadlines since project managers lacked the information they needed to see the status of their projects at a glance.

Fred

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2019

A real boon for our planning and implementing activities

The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

PROS

We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

CONS

There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

The boards of Trello are an interesting concept, but ClickUp seems to be a more natural way for us for viewing tasks. What is great, though, are the other options to view tasks that are similar to Trello if needed, but we are not bound by that.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

We liked Rukovoditel, but it really required setting up everything from scratch. That allowed us to really have just what we wanted, but as a small team with limited tech skills, it has been really helpful to have a program that has most of what we need built in and functioning in ways that we just don't know how to set up in Rukovoditel.

Filip

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Flexible, Intuitive & Full of Features

Now that I’ve used it for almost a year, I feel very confident in its abilities. It took me a while to understand how to use all of its functionalities but it wasn’t hard, it just took time. Now I can build really useful systems with it, from client portals to even advanced relationship management and client engagement solutions. I’ve set it up so it’s useful to me and my team but the overall feeling is that it drives me to do work rather than to track time or check on tasks or look at reports. It really focusses all members to complete tasks!

PROS

I really like how it allows you to create any structure. Using spaces, folders and lists, I can segment clients in different spaces, organize projects in folders and use lists for project stages. I like how they offer many templates (I recommend every newbie to start from there) with ready functionality like agile project management or even a light CRM. I also like to use their native apps on desktop and mobile because they’re intuitive and easy to get into.

CONS

One must have some experience with productivity tools to get into the useful features. Because the system offers such a high level of flexibility, it demands an organized and streamlined implementation to get the best benefit out of the product. Although extremely easy to configure, one needs to have experience in generating reports to understand how to build the dashboard widgets optimally. A lot of time can be spent on understanding how the system works and at the beginning it feels like nothing is happening.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

ClickUp gives me the best value for money over all other products I investigated. I needed a tool that gives me all functionalities for one price, not to be very expensive and to have high level of automation capabilities. ClickUp also has very good control over the entire process i.e. when configured properly, it also guards me from making mistakes by choosing an easier option and causing havoc in the organization.

Cherry

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed October 2020

I switched to ClickUp and Never Looked Back

I explored so many tools related to Project Management and my team's task monitoring for years. But, it felt incomplete. There are features that other platforms has but was never rolled into one. When I came across ClickUp, i tried its free account. I fell in love immediately. It did not take me long to avail the paid account. I was surprised it did not stop there. They have been continuously evolving. All new features came from feedback they get from their customers. So, yes - i love that they listen to customers. And all features they deploy are adding value. Sorry if its all praises, ClickUp never paid me to do this *i swear*. I pay for their product and i'm soooo satisfied. Happy customer here.

PROS

It continuously evolving. It never stopped progressing and all those that they have been adding are all added value. I'm truly amazed how this tool have been helping me track all projects and initiatives we have been handling the past year. It made it easy for me to check in with my team and track down our progress on each individual tasks. This tool gives us strong collaboration and connection especially now that we are all working from home.

CONS

I super love this product but if there's anything i love the least is i hope they improve gantt / timeline view further as well as the Form view.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

It felt like Trello was limited on the project management side of things.

Katie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Love ClickUp

I've been using ClickUP for 2+ years, and am very pleased with the product, and for the features included at a very reasonable price. I look forward to some autoamtion updates, but overall I'm so glad for this tool as my business hub.

PROS

ClickUp is the spot for all your business projects, project management, managing a remote team, etc. I have been able to grow and scale my business because of ClickUp.

CONS

Some of the automations have been clunky recently. Could use a few improvements there, along with the mobile app.

Reason for choosing ClickUp

Better overall features and had needed annual tasks setup I needed. I manage events and have things that have to happen at the same time each year, and ClickUP set that up the best.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Asana didn't have the repeating transactions like I needed.

Anastacia

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2022

ClickUp Works!

Overall ClickUp is the one-stop shop for all things related to task, time, and project management. Our company doesn't have to go out and get a tool for time management in addition to project management. Nope, everything is all bundled into one large system and it makes it so much easier to become familiar with.

PROS

I love that this tool offers so very many solutions for my company's needs. From employee time tracking to task management to project communication, the platform is terrific! It enables everyone from upper management to entry-level to be held accountable for the overall workflow and success of our clients. ClickUp has so many features that you can get a little lost in the shuffle but it gives the peace of mind that it'll do whatever you need it to so long as you spend a little time in the system setting it up the way you need it.

CONS

It can be a little too easy to get lost if you use a lot of features and boards as our company does. This is why we designated specific individuals to be in charge of the management of that department/ area of service within the ClickUp management system.

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

Having so many systems to manage/monitor was so tedious for our organization. ClickUp helped us consolidate not only our expenses but our systems as well.

Hey, Anastacia! We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review! We're so happy to hear that you're enjoying a productivity boost with ClickUp! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all! Have an amazing and productive day!

Replied September 2022

Keith

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

not that great

not very good, it didn't integrate well with anything, was hard to use, the reporting and notifications were annoying and became not used at all

PROS

it was a project tracker that has some options

CONS

didn't follow agile or other methodologies, though very flexible, but also annoying with the administrator features

Reason for choosing ClickUp

forced to by someone with little to no research

Reasons for switching to ClickUp

forced to by work, but kept using the other products

Hey, Keith! We truly appreciate the time that you are taking to share details about your experience! We know it's frustrating when anything falls short of expectations. We want ClickUp to be your go-to productivity platform, so when we miss the mark, we want to make it right. That's why we have a continued focus on hiring top-tier talent to expand our engineering teams so we can consistently deliver the delightful experiences you demand. Innovation is also paramount, and we strive to deliver weekly releases that deliver game-changing features to boost your productivity. We value your feedback and want you to know we're listening. It's a long road ahead as we work to make the world more productive. We would love another opportunity to work with you! Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at help@clickup.com to discuss the available resources.  Thank you for choosing ClickUp so we can be a part of this journey together!

Replied November 2022