All Keap Reviews

Eli

Marketing and Advertising, 2 - 10 employees

Used unspecified

Reviewed December 2023

Keap Review: Automating The Lead Nurturing & Sales Pipeline.

Jeff M

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

All in one business solution.

Its been good. The have helped me create over twenty one thriving businesses. I am still creating more.

PROS

The automation of all of the different Services needed to run a small business. CRM, phone, text in the app or desktop, email, scheduling, quotes, invoices, estorefront, Payment Gateway, Keap is all you need to run a local business.

CONS

The didn't have any pre configured solution for specific industry like contractors, handyman or brick and mortar stores, Doctors or Dentist, etc.

Reason for choosing Keap

The automation was limited and I get more complete service offering with Keap.

Reasons for switching to Keap

No automation and cost is very different...

Denise

Marketing and Advertising, 201-500 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Keap, a robust and user-friendly program

It provides us with the flexibility to perform a wide range of segmentation operations to meet our specific requirements; for example, when developing a marketing campaign, we can divide our target audience into subsets based on factors such as their level of product familiarity, the frequency with which they make purchases, and their potential lifetime value as customers. It also includes a customer relationship management system that lets us delegate work and monitor both individual and collective productivity.

PROS

With the support of Keap, I am able to automate my clients' operations. Through the use of numerous opt-in methods, I am able to collect leads, develop and release goods, and set up automated distribution schedules for both products and campaign emails. In order to streamline the referral procedure, you can use the referral partner function.

CONS

If a contact does not seem to be actively engaged, Keap will mark it as opted out. To fully take advantage of the program's features, I believe it requires a significant time commitment to study each module and tool.

Reasons for switching to Keap

This program and all of its features provide us with everything we need to do thorough marketing. It has an SEO administration panel, allowing us to fine-tune our newly-built webpages for maximum visibility in search engines. In addition, we can see how long users spent on specific parts of the website thanks to the heat maps that the platform generates for us.

Hi Denise, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review. I'm so glad to hear tha Keap is an effective solution in your business for lead management, SEO, and more.

Replied September 2022

William

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed March 2019

Major Customer Service Problems With Infusionsoft Salespeople and Management

A software marketing firm referred Infusionsoft (IS) as a CRM platform provider. However, in this contact with the marketing agent, I indicated I would be on vacation for approximately 10 days to work on a critical personal project, fundraising for someone close to me to pay for her breast cancer treatment, & I made it clear that software platform vendors should refrain from contacting me during that time frame. (I later confirmed that this instruction was conveyed to IS.) However, before the end of the day (the 1st day of my vacation / fundraising project), IS was already inundating me with communications, in violation of my explicit instructions to delay contact. The bombardment of calls and e-mails continued & became so exasperating that I answered one of the phone calls and pointed out to the sales rep my "no contact for the present" instructions, and I explained why. Despite that, before the end of that day, IS was bombarding me with text messages on my cell phone. As a result I e-mailed a senior sales representative who was the author of one of the several premature and impatient e-mails, and once again re-stated my instructions that Infusionsoft NOT contact me while I was on vacation & wait until I was prepared to first research them on my own. Despite this, a couple of days later IS contacted me about a demo they scheduled for me later that day. I sent another letter to IS "Abuse" dept asking management for an apology & an explanation. No answer ever received.

PROS

We never got to the point of purchasing the software, because of the customer service problems we encountered with Infusionsoft sales and management from the start. I had to file several complaints through Infusionsoft's web chat (2 complaints) as I searched for a name of someone in management to speak with to deal with the problems with IS. When the web chat people couldn't provide a name for someone in management to address my concerns, I had to file complaints directly with sales@Infusionsoft.com and abuse@infusionsoft./com about over-aggressive marketing tactics and their lack of attention or concern to my stated desire to delay receiving sales pitches and demos.

CONS

I have to presume that Infusionsoft uses their own software in following up with potential sales leads. Based on my experience and frustrations in dealing with Infusionsoft sales staff / customer service / management, I have to presume that either Infusionsoft has internal problems as to human error concerning what information they input to their system, or their software platform is defective in a lack of flexibility so as to tailor the frequency and type of contact necessary to suit the instructions or requests of potential sales leads. My situation turned into kind of a "test" to see how effectively the IS software platform is in responding to the needs & instructions of their sales leads, and furthermore how IS customer service deals with problems person-to-person. I found IS to be deficient in every aspect, as I received neither an apology nor any explanation from IS as to why they could not follow instructions, whether it was a platform programming problem, or a series of human errors at customer service.

Disco

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

You are in good hands with Keap. Its Impact is instant.

Keap free up my space by taking over simple but repetitive tasks daily. I now have more time to concentrate on other personal roles.

PROS

In my journey dealing with Sales, challenges has been there especially handling new environments. With all the variables on my shoulder, it is my job to keep keep things running smoothly. Keap helps me stay organized and neat on job. It organizes my daily work in one place as well as managing customer information. It saves me time and energy on simple repetitive tasks.

CONS

No no no. Keap is clean. Everything about it is for the goodness of you job. I enjoy using it and I have no complaints so far.

Hello Disco, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We're happy to hear that you have no complaints. Thank you for being with us for more than 2 years. We wish you the best!

Replied November 2023

Casey

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

I'm keaping this CRM

I recommend Keap to anyone looking for a CRM. It has the right combination of all those critical components. Our previous CRM was a problem in and of itself, but Keap actually helps us solve problems. We couldn't be happier.

PROS

I like Keaps automation the most. I'm no longer swamped with repetitive mind numbing tasks. I only need to set the automation once and it continues to perform the way I need it to. Keap is user friendly and has readily available customer support. Using any CRM can be tedious but Keap is just so easy to use and customize.It has wonderful contact management, lead capture, and tracking tools.It's also very flexible. Keap can help with a landing page and forms to go with it.

CONS

I'd like the calendar management to be more thorough, but other than that I don't have anything bad to say about Keap.

Reason for choosing Keap

Keap looked like it was better for us all around and more flexible

Reasons for switching to Keap

Problems on top of problems with that product.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and recommending us to others! We're happy to hear that you're "Keaping this CRM"!

Replied September 2023

Reviewed July 2023

Very good workflow automation but lacks many basic features

PROS

The campaign builder is incredible. If you're creative enough and know how to use the software (takes time) you can automate ANYTHING for your marketing strategies. One thing that doesn't get much attention is the Actionsets module. It's a legacy tool in the system but man does it do a lot! Actionsets expand all possibilities but are very hard to manage.It requires a lot of third-party softwares for most campaigns, especially the integration ones such as PlusThis, Zapier, LeadsBridge.

CONS

The Email Broadcasts interface should offer more options to customize the marketing emails. Right now it does enough but there's so much more it needs. I often have to add my own code to the email to make things look a certain way.The Legacy Email Templates deserve a little upgrade too, the interface looks very 2000s and often breaks the formatting if you don't know how to use it.

Reason for choosing Keap

Infusionsoft offers all the automation we need and with a good drag-n-drop interface. You don't need to code anything and there are so many third-party plugins to make it even better

Reasons for switching to Keap

Zendesk Sell (at the time it was called Base) didn't offer enough automation functions, the email marketing used our own email server and costed pretty much the same. Infusionsoft expanded our world of possibilities and as of now I don't we'll ever switch to another CRM/Marketing Automation system

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoy the Campaign Builder and Action Sets. We appreciate your feedback regarding our Email Broadcast interface. We are working to add more updates to it, some of which should be out soon!

Replied August 2023

Reviewed June 2023

Real hit or miss

Great software but really lacking on the customer support end. Towards the end when the bills increased and began to add up, we were told by customer service that we could be put on a special payment plan. This was great news, but unfortunately the sales team did not communicate with the tech team, who permanently deleted our data off their systems before the financial arrangement could be setup. Fortunately we backed up most of our data, but that lack of communication could have been disastrous for any other business.

PROS

They were able to customize the software so that it met our needs as a database for managing subscribers. There was virtually no downtime in the years we were with this company. Once users were trained on certain tasks, it was very easy for employees to pick up the software and become comfortable with it.

CONS

The pricing structure charges by the amount of contacts you have. We logged every sale into this database from even one-time customers, which added up over the years to a point where we were paying hundreds each month for a database of users who were not active. The underlying system also seems to be geared towards companies who are interested in cold calls and commission-type sales jobs. While they did customize their software to fit our needs we were still warned that we were required to send communications through their specialized tracking system in order to measure engagement and leads. Our regular email blasts were not considered good enough.

Reasons for switching to Keap

Wanted robust, online software rather than a localized server.

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad to hear that once trained, your employees easily picked up Keap and became comfortable with their assigned tasks. We're sorry to hear that you didn't leave on good terms. If you'd like to reach out to our team, we're happy to look further into your payment plan situation.

Replied June 2023

Mindy

Graphic Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Great for an all-in-one service

I had some great help with getting everything set up and I find the email automation system quite easy to use and understand, which is great as it has gotten me to do a lot more with automation. I have the email lists integrated onto my website optin forms and it's quite simple to see who takes action on the emails that are sent in the automation sequence.

PROS

I love that I can segment my clients into different groups to email them directly from Keap, and also do the same with prospective clients and past clients. Having everything in one place makes my life so much easier and streamlined and has encouraged me to do even more than I was before in regards to client communication.

CONS

I had some issues at first with the Keap phone number, but they did get it fixed, although it took quite a while. The one thing that I am missing right now with them is recurring invoicing because I would have to be the one to enter the client's credit card information in order to do that here, so I am still using another product for that.

Reasons for switching to Keap

I switched from ConvertKit and Dubsado because I can now do it all in one place instead of having two services, which makes things much more streamlined and takes less time for communication.

Melissa

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2019

A great tool for more advanced small business marketing automation

I've used Infusionsoft twice to accomplish marketing automation that Hubspot didn't handle well.

PROS

Infusionsoft is a great tool for small businesses that need to kick it up a notch with their marketing automation. It offers an easy to use visual workflow builder and although the learning curve is a bit steep, once users get the principles, the customization is a great trade off.

CONS

Infusionsoft does have its quirks and the learning curve can be steep for those who are not technical or logical. Recommend working with a partner to get past this challenge.

Reasons for switching to Keap

Infusionsoft was easier to create custom marketing automation workflows.

Melissa, Thank you so much for the high marks. So glad to hear the power of the product is beneficial to you and your business!

Replied January 2020

Simon

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed August 2019

Literally does everything needed

I really like that I now have everything in one place that I can check in on and work within. So now my landing pages and emails database and campaigns are all easily accessible.

PROS

I think it is great that the software will recognise what my users do and act accordingly which means my system becomes automated and leaves me free to work on what I am best at.

CONS

The one problem with the software is that it is a beast of features and I can easily get lost in the minefield.

Reason for choosing Keap

I had someone who could help me and they understood the infusionsoft/keap platform better and bascily told me that this was the king of marketing and with what I was trying to do.

Reasons for switching to Keap

I needed a bigger platform and also to know that what I was going to do would work.

Simon, Thank you so much for the high marks and your valuable feedback! So glad to hear Keap is helping you in your business and gives you the freedom to do what you are best at! All the best, Paige, Social Media Specialist at Keap

Replied August 2019

Martin

Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

I've never felt so uncared for as a customer

After 3-4 months of use, I want out. All because of the complete lack of customer service and support. I had high hopes for Keap, not gonna lie. Several other businesses in our industry has been using Infusionsoft (not to be confused with the other Keap offerings), and so it looked as if Keap could be of tremendous value and replace the handful of systems we used previously, allowing us to centralize our customer engagement around one platform. The migration of our other assets to Keap took a little longer than the max allotted time Keap had promised, and when it did come back it wasn't done. No updates on the progress, nothing of that sort to let your customers know how things are going. And no response from the person in charge a month after "I absolutely plan on looking into this and rectifying any and all issues." He may absolutely plan on doing it, maybe in 2022 but I wouldn't know since he's not responding, and the two customer success managers assigned to me aren't as well. I had a call with the first customer success manager who seemed awesome, only to be replaced with someone who keeps saying he will call me and email me back. No calls, no emails, no direc responses to emails. A great platform - mostly - where you can't get Ecommerce unless you opt in for the legacy version of the service, losing all your sales pipelines and deals data, with an excellent marketing automation engine, but terrible email and landing page builders, and atrocious support.

PROS

First I want to give credit where credit is due - Keap is an absolute monster in terms of features and the level of detail in which you can build automations and customer engagements. With well over a decade having started as Infusionsoft, there's plenty of complex structuring and intricate details that you have at your fingertips. Keap also offers the necessary parts of a complete customer lifecycle management, like sales pipelines and fairly solid contact views, although not as detailed as the HubSpot CRM for example. The onboarding experience was great and I worked with an expert who knew Keap inside out, and without it, the learning process would have been extremely steep I feel. However, Keap has custom fields and forms that you can use to tag and tie data to customers with, which makes it very powerful and offers excellent customization features, something I find very valuable to meet our business needs, versus being boxed in, in a one-size-fits-all contact view.

CONS

While the strength of Keap is its richness in detail with which you can create various engagements and automations, it's also overwhelming in the beginning to wrap yourself around that part. They could do a better job of integrating their knowledgebase inside the app to give relevant sources of information. Missing systems prompts and UI flaws. There are some issues with the UI that are counter-productive, like the search field at the top of the dashboard only being limited to search for contacts, instead of the entire dashboard. Similarly, when you create a contact you have three options to tag them with; lead/client/other. If you don't mark the contact with any of these and click 'Save', you'll never find out that it's required to select one, no prompts. And they can't be edited, and you can't add additional options for reasons unknown. The landing page and email builders are just outright bad. With so many builders out on the market, and with it being such a central part of marketing, it's surprising that the builder is so immature. The focus has been on building out the marketing automation of Keap, and the builders are feeling the lack of love. We wanted to shift our need of having to use Instapage as part of our marketing stack, but with the builder being so darn bad, I may need to keep it, which for us means Keap is less value for money. Email and landing page templates are sorely lacking. No Ecommerce available for Max, only through the legacy version.

Reason for choosing Keap

Keap looked to be more mature and is widely used in our industry as the platform of choice.

Reasons for switching to Keap

We wanted to build our CRM and marketing tools around a single platform instead of a handful of them.

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2020

Don't waste your time, energy or money

I started with Infusionsoft before it was Keap. Customer service was way better before the were bought out. It is not called confusionsoft for no reason. It's extremely confusing, their tech support often has to spend hours trying to figure any issue out. If it takes their tech support, people who know the program, hours to figure out an issue imaging what it will take you. There are several other CRM systems out there that are much easier to use.

PROS

I like the dashboard with the daily reminders of followups. That makes it easy to not let people slip through. Setting up the campaign however to get the daily reminders is a complex process. If you miss anything it will not work properly and the customer support team will not be able to help you set up campaigns or do anything with your campaign.

CONS

The cost is astronomical. If you are lucky enough to understand how to and you have the time to build out the backend and all of the campaigns great. If you do not, it will const 10's of thousands of dollars to hire someone. I have had to pay someone the entire time to help with mine and when I went to leave infusionsoft, there is no way to save the campaigns or anything that you paid to have built. They say they will keep it for you for 90 days and if you don't come back to their program by then you lose it all. So basically they own all of your campaigns and everything you paid to build in the system. BE AWARE OF THIS BEFORE YOU SPEND MONEY BUILDING SOMETHING OUT

Reasons for switching to Keap

I thought I could integrate more programs with Infusionsoft than I could with Contactually

Hi Jennifer, We're sorry you're unhappy with our product. Infusionsoft is built for ultimate power and customization. We have many educational resources to help with implementation as well as a large hub of partners who can help with your customization needs. For privacy and security, we hold onto your data for 90 days after you cancel your subscription. We wish you the best of luck in your small business.

Replied April 2020

Joane DanElle

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Designed for advanced marketers!

Overall, I see the benefits of Keap/Infusionsoft and if I had the big budget to hire someone to set it all up, I can see how powerful it could be. But unfortunately, I was sold a solution that I was no where near ready for. I think this is perfect for the advanced marketer who has plenty of experience with funnels, CRM, automation etc. Unfortunately for me, it was too much, too soon!

PROS

I loved how it was an all-in-one platform!

CONS

It was incredibly hard to set up and use because the sales person forgot to mention that it was a robust solution for the more experienced marketer. So when I was first learning to create funnels, Keap/Infusionsoft was just too advanced for me.

Reason for choosing Keap

It seemed like the best option at the time, however, I didn't realize how advanced I had to be (at the time).

Reasons for switching to Keap

I was looking for an all-in-one marketing platform.

Hi Joane, I'm sorry to hear that you found Keap difficult to set up in your business. I encourage you to check out some of our resources - including our onboarding coaching options, our live events designed to help you in your Keap app (https://keap.com/resources/events) and the Keap help center (https://help.keap.com/help) to get better acclimated in your app.

Replied August 2022

Beth

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Keap Best for Lager Businesses or Sales Based

Overall my experience with Keap was good as far as it went. There was so much available that didn't apply to my business and that was a tad frustrating to have to sort through what would be useful and how if at all I could use all of what I was paying for.

PROS

The training I received when I purchased this software was amazing. I learned so much not just about how to use their software but how to grow and ex[and my business.

CONS

For my use as a small business that is not selling products, Keap was quite expensive. There are a lot of excellent features that I didn't use because they didn't fit well or apply to my small service based business.

Reasons for switching to Keap

I switched to Keap because the presentation I saw inspired me to what more I could be ding o expand my business. IN the end, it wasn't a good fit for the cost.

Beth, We are so glad to hear that Keap is working for your business! Thank you for your review.

Replied January 2020

Nathan

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2018

InfusionSoft - Great CRM software

The overall experience has been quite enlightening on how process flows are vital to making your business function correctly. My application is primarily used as a lead management system and not all our employees use InfusionSoft, which meant I had to integrate InfusionSoft with Google Sheets which makes it easier for my sales team to acquire data to leads as they come in. Most of my time is spent in campaign builder and I am currently overhauling our current lead process and I keep learning new things everyday on how to program logic to suit our business needs.

PROS

What I like most about InfusionSoft is the functionality and its endless possibilities. The Campaign Builder has an easy to use interface with limitless possibilities that can be constructed to suit your unique business needs. With a great email builder as well to create those beautiful calls to action that will surely ignite your leads' desire to buy whatever you are selling. I specifically manage the database of leads and users and find it to be quite user friendly, InfusionSoft will warn you about an increase in bad email addresses, allowing you enough time to clean it up before it affects your business badly. Another great aspect is the help provided by agents via the Chat facility, you can chat live with an InfusionSoft assistant to help you with any problems you might have. I find it extremely helpful in times when I am unsure of what to do.

CONS

While I do have high praise for the campaign builder and its limitless possibilities, this can also be a problem as when I first started using the software; I didn't know what was what. There is basic training available, but I don't feel it adequately explains the possibilities of what can be done. To fully unlock the potential of InfusionSoft, some additional training will be required.

Hi Nathan, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We truly appreciate your input - especially hearing from what I would call a "power user" :) Cheers, Sarah, Advocacy Manager at Infusionsoft

Replied December 2018

Rachel

Reviewed February 2018

I used to be a huge supporter but the company has gone downhill! Problems are becoming to much!

Not really going to give you what some of the big CRMs offer, so don't expect that, but it does let you do the emails in HTML format for broadcast emails and track open rates, it also lets you do anything you build the campaign for with the right add-ons from other companies. You will definitely need plus this if you want to send text messages. Also be aware that the email marketing is severely limited because of the spam filters being set so high even when someone signs up for contact online.

PROS

I really like the way campaigns operate and that you can install forms directly into the website. It is something where you get what you pay for and it shows. While they offer a way to get things done it is not always the easiest or smartest way. There are usually ways to work around issues but not direct solutions.

CONS

What I have found is that there are real problems with integrations and each update seems to cause added glitches. The whole identifying that we have permission to respond to someone who contacts us online is a giant pain. I know that they don't want to assist spammers but they are making it harder for us to respond. Often we have to go in and send out a confirmation email to someone in order to put them into an appointment reminder campaign. Which is absolutely ridiculous. If they have an appointment we are not spamming them. The other issues are the integrations that they blame the party trying to integrate with and they offer ZERO assistance on their end. They make you go find developers instead of having people on staff who could charge per integration. It is annoying and makes integrating much harder than it should be! Also even using Zapier we have had issues with integrating, It causes multiples of contacts to be sent and then it causes the problems with making it work correctly to the point we just disconnected!

Jared