• Pros

• "Lansweeper is an amazing asset manager. I am able to check anything on my network with ease. I am always confident the the results. I highly recommend this to anyone in the IT industry. "

• "It picks up everything on the network rather quickly. Being able to see printer toner levels is really helpful for remote management. "

• "This was very useful as it allows you to detect all computers on the network, useful for any sized businesses "

• Cons

• "The UI can be confusing to new users. Initial setup is a bit daunting, but considering how useful it is once installed it's worth the work. "

• "There a few things I dislike about the product. Everything we like is there and if it isn't the forum most likely have a solution to it."

• "This software is web based I wish it was more of an application but have not ran into any issues yet."

Browse Lansweeper Reviews

Steve from Smart City Networks

Great Product for all your IT needs

Pros

- Provides IT with all the tools we use in one place. - Manage devices and easy reports - Large community support and oday add-ons.

Cons

- only issue I have is the built in remove software is very poor. normally have to use another product alone with it.

Mark from Forum Communications

Lansweeper shows you just about everything you would want to see on your network.

Lansweeper is a very good product. It gathers information about network switches, Printers, PCs, and even the UPS power units on the network. It helps immensely when doing software audits and to also determine when a device was accessed last. It has a great deal of information available to the administrators and for our team we really couldn't do our business without it.

Pros

- identifies all devices on your network including PCs - keeps track of the last time a PC or other devices were logged into by the last person to log in. - keeps track of all software on a PC - keeps track of the warranty of a PC - integrates seamlessly with active directory - allows for manual entry for some devices that do not have a network monitoring port such as a UPS power unit if you want to try to use Lansweeper for an inventory control software.

Cons

- once a device is removed off the network it does not automatically delete that device. This causes some problems and requires an administrator to keep track of all users they have deleted from Active Directory and then go back into Lansweeper to delete that user. Because of this Lansweeper is not truly an inventory software but you could use it in that manner with additional input for staff members.

Agenor from FEMSA Logstica / Global TI

Keep your IT assets on touch easily

Managing hundreds of servers and users computers in different sites is a challenge. Users can connect any kind of USB or Bluetooth accessories, and the technical team can install any software, without administrators knowledge and permission. Lansweeper can help you gather relevant information in a few minutes, from all computers connected in your network, without users knowledge or interference. Then you can keep your software licensing controls updated and prevent risks of unauthorized use software or leak of critical information.

Pros

Lansweeper offers many kinds of asset searching methods, with support for the main operating systems and virtualized servers. The interface is powerful, allowing the administrators to navigate through trees of sites, assets, and all components of hardware and software. You can configure alerts of changing in assets configuration to verify if that asset had a recent incident (problem) or a change request. The cost of licensing per asset is very low compared with most popular asset management software.

Cons

It is not ready for all kind of software licensing and needs improvements to control software on the cloud (licensed by CPU, cores or access). The offline asset inventory tool is helpful to gather information on external computers, but it is difficult to start the inventory and integrate it with online assets results.

Jeff from Star Pipe Products

Industry: Wholesale

Awesome IT asset management software at a low, low price!

We bought lansweeper primarily to keep up with software licenses, but it's a very valuable asset management tool all around. We probably only use 5% of its functionality, but it's worth the (low) price just for that. I'm looking forward to taking more advantage of the power tool as time permits.

Pros

Lansweeper is awesome. It's so helpful, and so powerful, and it's cheap! They also send regular emails with helpful information about security vulnerabilities that have been patched, so I can alert my users to run Windows updates, update their browsers, etc.

Cons

Honestly, nothing really. It does have its own ticketing system built in, and I'd love to see an easy integration with Zendesk, but it does have the ability to send emails, so having it do that to open a Zendesk ticket is an easy thing to do.

Reasons for Choosing Lansweeper

It was on a list of recommendations with 4-5 other software packages. A quick look at each of their websites was enough to convince me that Lansweeper was the way to go. I've not looked back; Lansweeper is a great product that is well-supported and continually updated. And it's inexpensive!

David from Knott's Berry Farm

A really good starter tool for endpoint management

I recommend this for a small (<2K nodes) single site environment. If they beefed up the deployment tools and added an agent based WOL, this would be a rockstar of a product.

Pros

Simple to setup and easy to use. With a little SQL skills you can easily setup dashboards to monitor some critical information, like primary software versions or percentage of total deployment of AV software.

Cons

Deployment tools are really weak. Installer logic is very limited with no access to WMI for creating conditions. Deployment packages do not survive reboot (ie multi reboots in a single installation package). Deployment installations are flakey. I can push the same package to a computer and it will fail 3x in a row and successful on the 4th. Tech support is based in UK, so if you are in the States forget phone support. "Software" inventory is based on Add/Remove registry, not file based. Any taught files to scan for are not included in any "Software" reports. They are completely separate

Ryan from Citizens Bank Guyana Inc.

User-lock Feature and Functionality in summary review

Better management of Assets. Ease if Helpdeks ticket handling and asset association Group permissions helps to easily deploy access to resources. Just to name a few.

Pros

Since using Lansweeper in our network for over two years this application if found to be very helpful as it allowed us to easily scan our network automatically throughout and discover hundreds of different types of assets. The well defined structure, dashboard, reports and its components helped us to easily build and form a scale-able, flexible network management solution for our environment with the ability to know what has changed, when and where. The deployment is very simplified. We had managed to easily setup the database, web console and scanning service, all on the same machine. The agent-less and fully automatic scanning engine makes it a second to none and a worthwhile purchase.

Cons

There is not a difficulty of a problem area that we have found with the use of this application. In fact, the software probably just need a more rich dashboard for future versions and that should complete its visual effect at a glance.

Mike from Clock Medical Supply

Easy to use and powerful

Hardware and Software inventory is done very well. Reports can be ran manually or setup as automated. This can double as an Alert if the report is looking for things like low disk space or toner almost empty. We use its helpdesk feature as well and its very detailed and easy to view. Adding notes lets you send back to the user or just leave an internal note for you or your support staff.

Pros

First off it found most of my devices easily. The information it gives outperformed other software I was using. Software if finds shows up easily and not multiple times for 1 piece of software. Its clean looking and the reports are great! they are SQL and they have lots of reports you can use or change to fit your needs, Very Nice. The Helpdesk part is also easy and more detailed than other software I have used.

Cons

Not much but the menus can sometimes be too close as they pull down when you hover over them and that can be a little annoying.

Reasons for Choosing Lansweeper

Cost and options being part of the software and not add on modules.

David from Torsby municipality

Lansweeper is our inventory savior

Form helpdesk to an automated inventory scan, Lansweeper has saved us so much time it's immeasurable. Everything is wonderfully integrated and very customizable. With it integrated to our AD it connects devices to users and created tickets seamlessly. Being able to quickly identify which device a user is having trouble with is fantastic. There are so many features it's hard to fit all of them into a single review. Safe to say is that you can in theory do everything you'd like from a troubleshooting and management standpoint. Application deploy, integrated uVNC remote desktop, Quick inventory management are just a few features that are great to have access to. If the included tools are not enough they have a great forum in which loads of people have submitted their own solutions to further extend the variety. Me and my colleagues highly recommend Lansweeper.

Pros

The automated inventory scan. The built-in uVNC support.

An absolute must have

Software upgradeds and installs, or uninstalls are done quickly when deployed via Lansweeper. Asset tracking is simple.

Pros

I can't imagine doing my job without Lansweeper. From inventory management to software deployment Lansweeper is there to make my job easier every single day. Here is one of many examples, we recently upgraded our PACS system which required a new client be installed on 300 workstations. I simply created a "deployment" in Lansweeper and ran it dept by dept and was able to get all 300 workstations done in less than an hour. This would have taken me a week to do manually.

Cons

There is no way to see what deployments you have running, and there is no way to cancel them once you kick one off.

Ian from Delta Data

Excellent Product for the Money

I liked this so much at my previous job that one of the first things I did two years ago when I switched employers was to arrange to purchase licensing at my new place of employment. Everyone here has been just as impressed with it as I am.

Pros

I cannot imagine doing my job as a systems administrator without this tool. It makes automating so many processes super easy, and is easy to customize with a great user base.

Cons

I really can't think of anything negative to say about this. Some auditors don't like the fact that it needs either local or domain admin privileges to utilize most of its functionality, but so do many tools in this category.

Lisa from OES

Robust Help Desk system

There is a lot this system can do for an IT department. What you put in is what you get out of it. Its a blank slate for you to customize, store, and use.

Pros

Lansweeper encompasses almost all of the needs for a HelpDesk. Tickets can be input and viewed easily. Email notifications can be customized. The sorting and filters are intuitive and useful. Lansweeper keeps track of Assets and you can search using any of the fields available. There is an Asset Import that is very helpful when adding a lot of equipment all at once. Its also customizable for fields, both static and dynamic. It is also helpful with Remote Access and scanning the network. It can be as simple and basic or complex and all encompassing as you make it. Its scalable on all ends. There are also Knowledgebase sections that are helpful to users if used. It is excellent for small to large organizations.

Cons

One of my biggest pet peeves is the Report section. It is not very user friendly and rigid with its output. It can also be a little challenging at first when scanning the network and determining which things it will automatically discover and which things it needs input on first. But once learned, you'll know what it will and wont do for you.

Essential IT Tool

I'm very happy with Lansweeper and we are going to implement the help desk software in the near future to replace our current ticketing system. It's a more robust system than other similar programs.

Pros

Lansweeper is by far the most vital bit of software that I employ for my day to day duties. I use it to track assets, keep tabs on warranties that might be expiring, track disk errors before hard drives fail, and even perform functions on devices. It's very handy for checking background items while the end users obliviously go about their days. There are also a wide variety of 3rd party add on's to increase functionality.

Cons

I am not a fan of the lansweeper reporting software. I'm able to use the built in reports but I'm not well versed on writing my own and I can't find any help to break it down into terms I can understand.

Michael from iQor

Good Asset management Software. With a few tweaks, it could be great but it is not there yet.

All from this device I can keep track of assets, access the admin share of the PC, or remote into it all from within the tool.

Pros

Identifies all devices on you network. Lansweeper is pretty fast compared to some of the asset management software that I have used. You can access the admin share on individual PCs, and remote into them with RDP all from the tool.

Cons

The biggest pet peeve that I have with Lansweeper is that it only hold onto the record of the device for 30 days after it goes offline. This is a big problem when you have a massive amount of offline inventory.

Response from Lansweeper

Replied March 2018

Hi Michael, Thank you for your review! By default, Lansweeper does not delete any previously scanned assets from your database or web console. We would recommend checking your Automatic Cleanup Options under Configuration/Server Options to prevent any offline inventory from being deleted. If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to contact our support team via support@lansweeper.com. They would be happy to assist. Have a great day!

Grant from Rockley Photonics Inc

Industry: Semiconductors

Lansweeper is a very capable local workstation inventory and management tool

Up to date workstation inventory, including hardware and software.

Pros

I like the software inventory on each workstation. I like that it comes with a (fairly simple) help desk facility. It is very easy to install and let run in the background. Whenever I need it (to look for sofware licenses or check disk capacity, for example), it has the latest inventory of what is on my network.

Cons

I wish that it was easier to manage the workstations that have disappeared. It is hard and tedious to delete the ones I've renamed or retired. I also am not happy with the Mac support. I guess that goes for Linux. You need to provide the "superuser" privileges to connect to each machine (windows is AD controlled so there is a domain admin authority).

Maxx from The Cleaning Authority

Lansweeper is a powerful, web-based solution for domain management

Pros

Lansweeper automatically scans all PC assets on a domain and allows you to see information including RAM, Processor, HDD size and available space, warranty info, software keys, and several other bits of information from each individual asset.

Andre from Group Yellow

Lansweeper is the best admin tool that I have found !

View on my network devices and status. Capability to launch custom actions to these devices. The best admin tool that I used and reviewed by far. Good community. Easy of use.

Pros

Easy to use, one click away ! Customable reports. Can easily add custom actions for devices. Licensing management

Cons

I wish the lsremote.exe (VNC remote control tool) be a little bit more quicker with refresh rates.

Harold from Saclaw

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Lansweeper

Lansweeper is a great utility for Systems Admins. It has pretty much all you can ask for with regard to managing assets in your network. It has a great reporting tool that will report everything you need to know about a particular device on your network. Additionally, it has tools to remotely administer devices.

Pros

Reporting Assets management Web based Can attach to Active Directory network Bang for the buck

Cons

None

Matt from Oasis Senior Advisors

Best asset management program for the money.

Pros

One of the biggest pros of this program is the price. Very aggressive pricing for exactly what you need in an IT asset management program.

Cons

The UI could use a revamp. The look and feel is a bit out dated to me. This by no means takes away any use or functionality.

Jim from Opto

Lansweeper gets the job done when it comes to asset management

Pros

Cons

The deployment options could be a little better and there is not great documentation for it. It is a lot of trial and error.

Jeff from Aim Leasing Co

Excellent asset management software at a fair price

Pros

Detailed breakdown of your hardware. Very detailed reporting abilities using SQL statements. Can send remote commands and software installs.

Cons

Can run into issues with discovery of network connected devices. Some items won't properly display content.

James from MSP Remote

Great Network Discovery and Asset management

Pros

This software does it all for managing devices on a network and creates great reports. This software gives a full network over view.

Amber from Argon

Industry: Medical Devices

Lansweeper

My overall experience with Lansweeper terrific! Keeping track of our equipment and software has been made so much easier with using Lansweeper.

Pros

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Lansweeper.

Merv from Eastern Institute of Technology

I have been saved so many times by this awesome application that it's just unreal. We have only had

Pros

Instant access to various information that we never had before, allowing a much greater degree of control over our Assets. There is so much information available at any time; from individual computers, to software, to AD users - all at the clik of a button.

Cons

I am struggling to get all of some reports on my screen, having to scroll across the screen to read all the info which is not comfortable. I would like to be able to adjust the column widthof some reports so I can fit it into my screen.

Dinakar from Zafin

An excellent tool for Asset monitoring

Pros

The way its monitoring the logins of the end users

Cons

Frankly here, the GUI is very much untidy which confuses the admin's.

Josh from Raining Rose, Inc

Awesome IT Asset Manager

Pros

Ease of scanning network and returning accurate stats. After the extremely easy setup process just input your IP ranges you'd like to scan and you can expect results in <30 minutes. We scanned 400 assets and it returned results extremely fast. When cross-referencing the information provided from Lansweeper with the actual computer scanned it was 100% accurate.

Cons

The software can be a little intimidating for newcomers to use. GUI could use some updating. Also the new help desk function is a little confusing to operate. Due to this software not being optimized for mobile devices we use Spiceworks for our help desk. Spiceworks allows us to handle tickets efficiently and manage tickets on the fly via our iOS or Android devices.

Lansweeper

Free to try, and when you like it price is no brainer to purchase even just as another tool in the kit.

Pros

Great product, amazing price. We use this less now for one organization im with, and more at a second in with. Both companies find this product to be very useful for online asset inventory / software tracking. One company using ticket system , works well.

Cons

Bit dated look, but very functional so all is forgiven!

Gerome from Wanstor

Useful for asset management and able to obtain key information for machines in our environment.

Pros

I like that I am able to extract asset information for each device, this is warranty, hardware information, IP details, past user logins. It is useful from a management perspective as we can report on devices on our network which have reached the end of their lifecycle in terms of age, operating system or warranty. Easily able to extract this bulk information.

Cons

Personally i would have like to integrate the asset information and data into our service desk ticketing system for our staff to have this information more freely. But this proved difficult.

Jack from Baxter Manufacturing

Industry: Machinery

Lansweeper - a great tool for any IT Department.

We were wanting a way to push new software and more specifically new virus software out to all our computers quickly. Lansweeper was able to handle this very efficiently and quickly. Has become a great tool that I use regularly. Was recommended to me, and I recommend it to others.

Pros

Easy to use software, able to get great information on all the computers on the network. Able to push updates and installs without having to go to every computer to do it. Saves e time and money. Able to see so much information about each computer, without having to go to them and log in to get it.

Cons

Almost gives too much information that it can be a little distracting to use. First time using the software was a little confusing, but picked up what needed done easily.

David from Riverbank IT Management

An excellent program with helpdesk software included

It's a very powerful product that has given us a much better view of what we have in our infrastructure. Once the warranty part is fixed, we won't need to worry about things going out of warranty again. The helpdesk part is a very versatile system for a small team to use, without going to another provider. Support from LANSweeper has been excellent too.

Pros

The breadth of reports is great, with regular updated reports provided by LANSweeper when something important happens (patching, etc). Helpdesk software included meant that we didn't have to purchase anything extra

Cons

The warranty check functionality isn't working for our HP devices at the moment, which makes this part of the system useless currently, although it will hopefully be fixed soon.

Matt from Wilson & Associates, PLLC

Lansweeper, Asset Inventory Awesomeness

The software has been easy to use and I love the incorporation of relationship to items. Monitors and peripherals connected to PCs.

Pros

I love home much information is gathered when assets are scanned.

Cons

Customization. The Help Desk portion of the software needs more customization such as scheduling tickets.

Easy to use and extensive capabilities in deployment and reporting

Pros

Indepth reporting, analytics and deployment capabilities. Easy to deploy and managed once deployed. Cut hours out of our week managing end points!

Cons

Report building can be complicated,but once built the reports are fantastic. Can be a bit slow with reports at times as well

Brian from AHRC Nassau

Nest IT Asset inventory we've used

Pros

Client less asset inventory. We use multiple scan servers for redundancy and load balancing. Great reporting.

February 2015

Gabriel from Feed IT

February 2015

Lansweeper productivity

To give you guys a bit of background information: I am a system administrator of a company located in Belgium, but we have sites located all over the world (Australia, United States, United Kingdom, ..). If you are looking for a network inventory software that is very customizable to your needs I would say use Lansweeper. I am working in an environment that exists almost exclusively exists of Windows computers and servers and it scans everything I need. Personally I am a big fan of the software scanning and the software license information. Lansweeper saved us dozens of hours of license and asset detail collection so far. Recently they came out with their latest version 5.2 and the deployment feature is still a bit of riddle to me. Although with their features included already I'm starting to get the hang of it! The updates are free (and frequent) and it is very easy money for us if we see what it does to the productivity. Definitely should try this one, all I had to do was download a trial and ask for the possibility to test everything!

Jessica from Revert inc.

Efficiency times two

I've been using Lansweeper for a year now, kind of inherited it from the previous admin. As everything was already set up, it took me a while to figure everything out. There are a boatload of features available and the amount of information that's scanned is astonishing. You have a lot of possibilities but you do need to be a bit creative at times. For example: I wanted the TeamViewer ClientID for each machine, found out the registry location, set it up to be scanned, rescanned the network and pulled a report on user/machine/clientid. All the functionalities are there and they are really flexible but do require some research from time to time. The same goes for deployment and reporting. The tools are there and quite a lot of default content is available but if you really want to take full advantage of the tool's power, get creative and do some research. In the end, it cut down the time I spent on menial tasks and monitoring. Once you set it up, you won't want to go without it anymore.

Kathy from Space Camp

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Excellent IT Support Software

My overall experience with this product has been positive. I have appreciated the fact my company uses this particular software because I believe it allows me to search through the tickets I have submitted to find relevant answers and address any concerns.

Pros

My company has been using this software for a few years. It has been the most user friendly from my perspective as it allows me to follow the flow of a ticket I have submitted from start to finish.

Cons

Sometimes the emails that are sent out to let me know about updates to those tickets do not always make it to me.

Samanth from Moakler Wealth Management

Quickly shows you EVERYTHING on your network

Pros

Quick and accurate. Love it! Tracks last logins on network. Keeps track of hardware and software. A Must Have for any IT department. Numerous customization options. PLUS it offers a 20 day FREE TRIAL without credit card.

Cons

I have had some issues learning the reporting features but it is coming along. I am thrilled with this program.... which I just happened to find through Software Advice.

Piere from Total IT Solutions

Asset tracking conclusion

Well, I have to say, I have tested almost every asset tracking software there is out there and stopped using them right away. But recently I have discovered lansweeper because of a newly hired colleague. The setup is really easy and we were able to get started right away. The more I'm getting into the configuration the more everything gets done the way I want. My personal efficiency has increased exponentially! One great advantage for me is my SQL knowledge, so the report builder comes quite naturally. Currently we're integrating the deployment feature in our corporation, but I'll need to get into that a little deeper very soon as it seems a little complicated from time to time. The price we're paying for it is a reasonable one. In my opinion, doesn't cost anything to try it, it's really worth your time.

Sam from Whitfield Business Hub

Not bad

Pros

Cons

It was fairly pricey and it can be difficult to use

April 2015

Bill from OnProcess Technology

April 2015

Beware. This is not an asset tracker

This is a great product to look out at your network to see what is there. It is NOT an asset tracker. If you deploy a new computer and use the same name as the previous system, Lansweeper will overwrite the information for that old system. A true asset tracker should still maintain that information for the old system as well as the new system.

Response from Lansweeper

Replied April 2015

Lansweeper never uses just the asset name as the internal asset ID. A Windows computer's ID is its computer name/domain name combination. If you decommission a computer and then deploy a new computer with the same name in the same domain, then yes, the details of the new computer will overwrite the details of the old one. However, this can easily be avoided by renaming the old computer in Lansweeper first and then deploying the new computer. As a domain cannot simultaneously contain two machines with the same name, the name/domain combination seemed like the logical choice to uniquely identify Windows computers. We do need to compare some aspect of the machine being scanned with data present in the database. Using random IDs would cause new assets to be generated during every network scan. A non-Windows asset's ID is its MAC, IP or a random string. You could have hundreds of non-Windows assets with the same name. They wouldn't overwrite each other.

Complete Solution for your assets

I personally like this tool as i get vital information like Warranty status to configurations of all the systems in the organization.

Pros

Its practicality to analyse the organization network.

Cons

You need to have a basic idea of SQL queries to fully use this tool.

Joshua from Hi-Tech Repair & Consulting

Inventory made easy

Pros

I love the fact that you can keep track of things just over the network without having to physically go to every device. deployments are also a plus for software installs

Cons

none other than the price going up, not many other choices as good as this one