All lemlist Reviews

Reviewed March 2022

Fantastic outreach tool with the power of personalized images

Brent

Reviewed April 2018

Lemlist makes cold emailing into a personal and fluid experience

I have been able to save time on my cold email outreach because of the streamlined process that Lemlist offers. It does everything needed for cold emails, and doesn't try to be everything to everyone. Instead of finding a "jack of all trades" tool, Lemlist has been my "Master of cold email" tool.

PROS

I love the simplicity. The "dashboard" is broken down into sections, and each section isn't littered with menus and filters. It's just organized easy from the beginning so the need for the extra complexities is eliminated. That doesn't mean Lemlist is basic in functionality. It just means they have thought it through so you don't have to "figure out" how to use it. The support has also been very responsive, and features have been added regularly since I have been using Lemlist. You can tell that Lemlist is a love for them, which is awesome. I love that you can personalize your emails, and they even let you personalize meme images to include. Though this isn't a feature I'll be using much, it's a great new way of interacting with certain types of contacts. And it adds some personality to cold emails, which are usually, well, pretty cold feeling. Ultimately, Lemlist simplifies and personalizes the cold email process, and doesn't bog you down with the process. It's the easiest cold email outreach tool I've seen, and while it doesn't have every feature in the book, it benefits from having the specifically targeted and streamlined features it does contain.

CONS

I would like to see the ability to connect to an SMTP server instead of just Gmail, but with Gmail aliases, I can use any email I want. So I can get around it. But would love to see direct support for SMTP My only wish would be that I wish there were more options for sending followup drip emails. Right now, you can choose a time period to lapse between emails, and you can select whether to end a campaign if somebody clicks. But I would like the ability to send a different email if they click on a link, and a different email if they do nothing. So some branching would be good to see. Or only end a campaign if they click a specific link, or visit a specific page on my site, etc. But other than that, Lemlist does exactly what it is supposed to.

Eli

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Great outreach platform but lacks integrations

Real focus on deliverability and staying out of spam filters which is what you want from an outreach platform, but no integrations apart of salesforce and Hubspot which is very annoying. The reporting was not great and you couldn't build custom reports for your needs

PROS

The focus on deliverability and avoiding spam filters, lemwarm

CONS

No good integration with CRMs, we use Zoho CRM and we found it very hard that it did not have a native integration with it and that is the reason we stopped using it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with lemwarm and lemlist, outlining both the positive aspects and areas of concern. We genuinely appreciate your feedback as it helps us identify areas for improvement. We're thrilled to hear that our focus on deliverability and avoiding spam filters has aligned with your outreach needs. Our commitment to ensuring your messages reach their intended recipients while maintaining high quality standards is at the core of what we do. Regarding integrations, we understand the importance of seamless CRM integration to streamline your workflow. We're constantly evaluating and expanding our integration offerings to cater to a wider range of CRM platforms, including Zoho CRM. While we currently support integrations with Salesforce and HubSpot, your feedback highlights the need for us to prioritize expanding our compatibility further. Additionally, we acknowledge your concerns about reporting and custom reports. We are dedicated to enhancing our reporting capabilities and providing you with more flexibility in tailoring reports to your specific requirements. Your insights are invaluable, and we will definitely share your feedback with our team. We're committed to continuously improving our offerings to provide a more comprehensive and user-friendly experience. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. Your feedback is an essential part of our journey to deliver the best possible solutions to our users. If you have any further suggestions or questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Wil

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Not fairly priced, yet the backbone is old technology (agency user with 10+ seats)

Due to how often they continually update the platform--and you would expect this to actually be a good thing but it's not--the UI will change and functionality you began to rely on working fast suddenly slows down considerably. They update their platform multiple times a week on the backend. It's like, just build it right the first time and let. it. be. It's not even adding new features it's just busy work. If you run more than 2 email addresses, you're an agency or you have 3 or more users, I suggest using a different platform, you'll get better functionality out of something like woodpecker.co or market.to then Lemlist and for a much more reasonable price. They don't even offer a discount on their $60/seat rate until you have had at least 20 seats.

PROS

I liked that it was fairly quick to actually queue new campaigns on lemlist. I could duplicate a campaign, keep the settings and then just put in the sender and associate a list to it. As an agency using it, I found that was effective, though actually getting the settings I'd put in to take often required a lot of server lag.

CONS

This was fixed but it took about 4 months to do it: how LONG it takes list changes to go into affect. If you for instance had 1k contacts you wanted to remove from a campaign, it would take 20-30 minutes for those to be removed. How poorly they integrated with HubSpot and Salesforce. Sure there was some integration but it required I learn ALOT about the platform to make it work as an agency. I had to make changes on HubSpot to tailor it to work with Lemlist and there is absolutely no automation interaction unless you use a third party software and even then Lemlist doesn't offer many triggers on zapier. Lemlist will throttle you into the ground as an agency if one of your domains has low deliverability the algorithm will stop them all I started sending 150-200 emails per day from each seat and before long it became 50 at most. Their pricing model is pretty insane really. Comparable software goes for half the price of Lemlist with better features and cross platform multi-channel integration. Support wasn't very helpful and very pushy for positive reviews of their support. I often was told whatever issue I had wasn't their responsibility to resolve or wasn't understood so my support requests would get escalated to their dev team who responded 3-4 business days later through the tech, not directly and the answer only rarely was actually salient to my issue so another message would have to be sent by me to clarify which took another 3-4 days.

Reason for choosing lemlist

Due to their marketing, which wasn't representative of the experience.

Reasons for switching to lemlist

Because lemlist seemed to have better functionality, it was just more not better.

Dave

Design, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed November 2019

Fantastic outreach tool with the power of personalized images

I picked Lemlist up via Lifetime deal site, and wasn’t expecting to use it much. I have been pleasantly surprised on how useful it is and how the product is developing.

PROS

The email outreach space is filled with half baked products, but Lemlist really stands out. They were the first that I know of to implement image templates that could be personalized at scale. A few other features that I really love about Lemlist: - Very active in sharing tips with their community. - Rapidly developing the platform and have added some impressive features including personalized landing pages. - Great collection of premade templates. - Zapier access - Calendly integration Highly recommend!

CONS

Not much that I don’t like. Lemlist does its job and does it well. My main complaint is a lack of native integrations. I would to have a direct connection with my CRM. Right now Lemlist does offer Zapier access, but that can get expensive quickly.

Reason for choosing lemlist

The ability to include personalized images in my emails at scale / price.

Better features & UI

Royan

Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Customer service at it's finest

Lemlist is my go to cold email outreach software

PROS

It's simplicity to help you generate leads through cold email outreach

CONS

The inconvenience caused when lemwarm and lemlist was separated

Reasons for switching to lemlist

It was simplier and to be honest your design is fun

Ezekiel

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Lemlist Reviw

Lemlist has been a very effective and essential tool for our business

PROS

Integrating Lemlist and adding it to the list of tools we use help us warm our email inbox to run run various email marketing campaigns - we found it essential and helpful.

CONS

Lemist like other similar service providers comes at a relatively high cost especially as services are priced per user it doesn't take long for the total cost to add up and becomes quite an expensive tool to use.

Reason for choosing lemlist

Lemlist's cheaper $29 per month per user package provided an easier and more justifiable cost for us to start with.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Great platform, great support

The application is really central to our outbound efforts and has helped us run multiple campaigns to reach target audiences we've previously found difficult to connect with. But their real asset is the support and guidance, continuously providing ideas and ways to improve. This have been really valuable.

PROS

Application is really easy to use. Easy to personalise email messages and create follow ups to generate leads. Thery're continuously improving the platform and it's now easy to message linkedin contacts within each campaign. Data can imported directly from Linkedin or other sources and have features to ensure email addresses don't bounce.

CONS

After an import, reviewing contacts can be time consuming especially in multi touch campaigns. I end up deleting emails deemed risky or undeliverable one by one as I haven't worked out how to filter them and skip a predefined batch.

Joris

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Next level outreach!

PROS

There are so many outreach tools on the market, yet Lemlist is able to differentiate from all the other offers out there. They have built an amazing outreach product, and continue to deliver new exciting features week after week.

CONS

Sometimes adding the personalisation in pictures isn't the easiest for our team, but once you did it a few times you get the hang out of it.

Reason for choosing lemlist

The other ones allow me to send plain emails... there's no real differentiation, but Lemlist's offers way more, at a better pricing.

Kiran

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2023

User friendly and fulfil all requirements

Overall I am happy with the Lemlist and the best thing is their Lemwarm which makes my domain reputation high across my email campaign tenure.

PROS

The integration with CRM is easy. Importing contact from CRM is just one click away. It is very user-friendly. List and different accounts/email management are trouble-free. The support reply back within 15 minutes of the ticket being raised. The best thing is Lemwarm.

CONS

The newly changed Lemlist version is a bit difficult and has some bugs. But the Lemlist team keeps working on it.

Thank you for sharing your experience with Lemlist! We're glad to hear our CRM integration and user-friendly features have been beneficial for you. We're committed to swift support, so it's great to know we've been responsive to your needs. We appreciate your patience with the updated Lemlist version. Our team is actively working on refining it and addressing any bugs. Your feedback is vital in helping us enhance our platform. Your support means a lot to us. We'll share your feedback with the team – it's motivating to know we're making a positive impact on your workflow. If you ever have more insights to share, we're here to listen.

Victor

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Awesome

PROS

Team support did a awesome job thanks for all

CONS

nothing all is perfect for us thanks a lot to the team

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We're thrilled to hear that you found our team's support to be awesome. At lempire, we're dedicated to providing top-notch service, and it's always rewarding to know that our efforts have made a positive impact on your experience. Your feedback fuels our motivation to continue delivering excellence. If you ever have any more thoughts or suggestions in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're here to ensure your journey with us remains exceptional. Thanks once again for choosing lempire, and we look forward to serving you with perfection in the future!

Replied September 2023

Pedro

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Best tool for Outbound Email

PROS

This is my main tool to send Outbound emails at scale. You can build powerful sequences combining Linkedin, emails and APIs (That you can send an SMS f.e).They are always improving the product and always building new features.Using the API really unblocks the next level of this and you can do cool stuff when you know someone clicked an email f.e.

CONS

The integration with Hubspot could be better. It's constantly disconnecting leads that we import for a campaign through a hubspot list

Mei

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Good for Email Marketing but Pricey

Have an average experience using Lemlist

PROS

Lemlist is an excellent email marketing tool due to its user-friendly interface. The option to review before sending is especially helpful for those who want to add a highly personalized touch to their message. Additionally, implementing and scaling dynamic media add-ins such as video thumbnails and images is effortless.

CONS

Although the tool enables users to create a sequence and move contacts through an email flow, it lacks complex automation features. Consequently, constructing intricate flows that direct contacts to different lists and sequences based on their actions or inactions becomes slightly more challenging.

features and costs.

Reasons for switching to lemlist

Some features not present in Autoklose.

Thanks for sharing your insights about lemlist! We're glad you appreciate our user-friendly interface and personalized touch options. We're constantly working on refining our platform. While we focus on simplicity, we understand that some users might require more intricate automation workflows. Your feedback helps us improve. Feel free to reach out to our support team directly if you have more suggestions in the future!

Divyajyoti

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Excellent customer support

Really good.

PROS

Product is very good and the features are fantastic. And customer support is like a cherry on a delicious cake. Customer support is quick and accurate.

CONS

Report can be more elaborative and detailed one.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're thrilled you're enjoying our product and its fantastic features. Our team is dedicated to providing quick and accurate customer support, and we're delighted to be the cherry on top of your experience. We appreciate your suggestion for more detailed reports. Your feedback helps us improve. We're sharing your insights with our team to enhance our offerings further. Thanks again for your support. We're excited to continue delivering value and a great experience. If you have more thoughts in the future, feel free to reach out!

Nathan

Wireless, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2020

It Works

PROS

It's not over the top. There's not one million features, there are no bots and suggestions everywhere, it just makes cold outreach easy and effective.

CONS

I wish the left menu was a little easier to navigate, and that I didn't have to pay per individual seat.

Price.

Cyrus

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Poor customer service, UI clunky and unintuitive

Coming from a small business, lemlist was good for initially warming up my email domain, however, I would not recommend them due to an overall clunky UI and just very poor customer service. The fee for their basic version is now $49/person, not $29. Poor customer service - However, I've had several experiences with the customer service that were not ideal. The support reps I messaged took several hours to respond to me (10+ for some responses) and were never able to resolve issues, they only confirmed to me that they do have them. I decreased the number of subscriptions from my team and they refused to refund me for the unused subscription, which was a huge red flag to me. Email tracking - Their email tracking is inaccurate and counts your own clicks as an "open." Editing emails - There is no way to review your drafted emails after you queue them, even if you want to go back in to make an edit, nor can you even look at the email after queuing it. Poor UI - A lot of the features are clunky and have to be figured out on your own. I had to make a separate email address to experiment and figure out how the sending works, and I've had experiences where I fill in a variable field for a template and the sent email never fills in the blank space.

PROS

The lemwarm feature warms up email domain

CONS

Poor customer service Poor and inaccurate email tracking

daniel

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

incredible experience

incredibleprofessionalpleasant

PROS

very simple to usethe site is very inviting costumer service was really on point, I had issues with a few things and they managed to help me figure it out in no time, Even things that are on the email provider's side they explained exactly what I need to explain to them in very simple terms and we were able to figure it out.

CONS

for me it was a bit complicated.. but im a monkey when it comes to these things so....

Thank you for sharing your incredible experience with us! We're delighted that you found our platform easy to use and inviting. It's fantastic to hear that our customer service was able to assist you effectively, even with email provider-related challenges. Regarding the complexity you mentioned, we understand that technology can be daunting at times. We're continually working to simplify our offerings further. We truly appreciate your support and look forward to helping you with any future needs. Your positive feedback will definitely be shared with our team – they'll be thrilled to know they made a difference in your experience.

Jessie

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed July 2022

Use personalized images to catch the attention of prospects in email outreach

PROS

The use of personalized images in email outreach enables you to catch the attention when doing cold outreach. Next to this the platform also enables personalized landing pages and other interesting features.

CONS

I am on an LTD account and upgrading can't be done without losing the LTD account. It would be nice if there would be more love to those who supported lemlist from the getgo by buying an LTD.