All Mailchimp Reviews

Do Not Use if You Are an Affiliate Marketer

Atsou

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Good email writing and distribution software

It helped to grow in my leads generation and in my number of email sending.

PROS

It is a great software to write emails and expecially to use when we are looking for leads for our products . sending emails is not difficults and i trust their spam folder to block any scam emails to will sometimes comes to me.

CONS

It is not difficult to use it i like the software.

Joel

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Email Marketing tool for Optimized Campaigns

PROS

The free verson of the site still has features that are still beneficial to markerters like myself.

CONS

Dynamic mails should provide more opportunities to personalize even further

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

They don't have a sustainable free plan after the trial ends

Daniel Prince

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Understanding the advantages and Importance of Mailchimp

PROS

Mailchimp have help me alot in my website marketing and it is a highly recommended platform, just like me many users appreciate Mailchimp for its user-friendly interface and robust set of email marketing tools

CONS

i love everything about Mailchimp as of now, my only concern is that let the pricing reduce abit making it affordable to everyone, most of friends are not using it becuase the feel the price is too high and the free version doesn't meet up to what they want

Lamia

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Very good but expensive and has poor support

Loved the tool and its many add ons, but the support contacts know less than the customers, so not worth the money for the monthly subscriptions. With my last enquiry I was passed to about 9 different people none of whom could help me.

PROS

The tools are very evolved and useful for campaigns with frequent activities and reporting. The AI is put to good use to anticipate response and tailor presentation. There are new tools launched on a regular basis to make this an exciting suite of products and potentially a market leader.

CONS

The price has more than doubled in less than one year which is inexplicable, and the support has become deplorably poor, so much so that I have paused my account after 7+ years as a customer.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

At the time I thought Dot Mailer was more complicated with less support available.

Kristin

Consumer Goods, 51-200 employees

Reliable and Ready to Deliver

The customer service at Mailchimp is very helpful and willing to help! I had a great conversation with an expert there who was able to walk me through an issue I was having with audience features.

PROS

Mailchimp does email marketing well, once you learn how the system works it is very user-friendly. Audience management is easy to navigate and creating segments and tags is helpful to target specific customers.

CONS

I wish that there were more templates for email builds in Mailchimp. For example, having a three-row image isn't an option that is easily accessible and sometimes needed for campaigns.

Bishal

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Great for sending mails for projects without server

PROS

I have used Mailchimp for a lot of clients that don't need any server but require mail services. It is very easy to send mail by setting up Mailchimp templates without setting up any SMTP servers.

CONS

Everything is good but if the subscribers increases or is not handled properly it can be very expensive.

Reviewed December 2023

Great tool for email outreach

This is still an invaluable tool we will continue to use for our marketing efforts long into the future.

PROS

It's an easy software to use and allows us to send and schedule mass emails for our marketing efforts. Duplicating campaigns and making edits are all easy using their campaign editor.

CONS

The segmentation tools could use some improvement. It is hard to segment and ensure you don't have overlap in some of your lists.

stefano

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2024

my first email software management

PROS

it was my first email software management, many useful tools,and features

CONS

i don't like that it's too expensive and some features could be easier to implement

Kaila

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Love this app it's so helpful and easy to use

PROS

I was intimidated at first but it's super easy

CONS

No cons whatsoever I love it!!! It's perfect

Easy for business marketing

PROS

Mailchimp offers user-friendly email marketing tools with a simple interface, making it easy for businesses to create, manage, and analyze email campaigns.

CONS

One downside of Mailchimp for some users has been its pricing structure

Amy

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver

I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

PROS

Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

CONS

Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

1. Mailchimp cares about the health of my list + the ongoing deliverability of my email campaigns. They provide education that's helped me become a smarter email marketer, and I appreciate that. 2. They have a really nice and intuitive design engine right now. I can design a far better landing page in native Mailchimp right now than I can in native Wordpress. And, honestly, I chose Mailchimp because I can create a great-looking campaign without hiring a freelance designer. 3. Mailchimp's platform is much more of a joy to interact with than some of the bigger competitors. Life is short. You shouldn't have to struggle to create a great email.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Constant Contact is very robust. For many years it was the platform to go to for many features that Mailchimp now delivers as well, and perhaps even better. Plus, Mailchimp's user interface is much more of a joy to work with. If you've ever been a non-designer (as I am) and had to quickly pull off an attractive and effective email, Mailchimp is your go-to platform. I also can't help but remark that no other platform seems to care about educating their users about good email marketing practices for the health of the individual client's list -- and the health of the platform overall. The fact that Mailchimp cares so much about the deliverability of my email makes me trust them all the more.

Dayley

Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2020

A safe option

I have never had any problems with MailChimp. Its been quite easy to setup with minimal steps required. I did have to contact the customer service team on one occasion and they replied promptly and direct to the point with a solution. So my experience with both the software and their team have been great.

PROS

Widely used and can be integrated easily into other software such as QuickBooks, Xero, WooCommerce, Shopify, Inventory systems and many others. MailChimp gives the user the options of many different emails output depending on the circumstances. For example; newly registered user emails, newsletters, abandoned cart emails, if a customer hasn't made a purchase in a while or hasn't returned to your site in some time, which are all great for reminding the customer of your existence, and gaining that lost customer back! The form builder is pretty easy to use, and also gives you a copy & paste option of the code afterwards so it can be easily implemented into your website.

CONS

You are limited with the styles of emails you can send to your customers. You can fully design your emails from scratch, but regarding the features you can place within the emails, it is kinda limited compared to other software. This would includes things like which items were abandoned when sending the customers an abandoned cart email. Or showing which items still remain in the customers 'Wishlist' if they haven't purchased the items yet and haven't been on the website for some time. I am not a big fan of the MailChimp logo at the bottom of every email sent to the customers.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

MailChimp was my first choice. However I later switched to Klaviyo due to it having more features. But After using Klaviyo for nearly a year, their team had no intentions to update their Wordpress plugin which was causing peoples websites to run slowly, and their plugin was very buggy. So I returned to using MailChimp was is the safer solution.

Feyisayo

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Mailchimp Makes Email Marketing Easy

My experience has been generally great. I have not regrets using mailchimp

PROS

1. I have been using Mailchimp for more than 3 years and I got glued to it the first time because of the free and cheap essential plan they offer. 2. Mailchimp is easy to us even for a newbies. I never needed to read up before I started using mailchimp 3. Trying to get the right template for every campaign can be tasking but that doesnt have to be so with mailchimp. There are more than enough templates to choose from for every campaign I sent. 4. I enjoyed the multiple integration feature in mailchimp. I can integrate it with almost any app online today.

CONS

The customer support should be improved on. A quick response to customer support ticket will make using mailchip easier. It is frustrating to wait in a long ticket queue to get response to an urgent client need.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Moonsend is new in market and does not have the robust features that I needed.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Get response is out of my budget. The basic plan on getresponse is $15/month while mailchimp is $99.9/month

Stephanie

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

A Great Solution to Email Marketing that's Getting Better

My experience has been great and consistently delivers for over 20 years now as I work in email marketing on a daily basis. I've brought many new customers to them over the years by recommending them to my own clients. I have that much confidence in the reliability and usability of Mailchimp.

PROS

I've been working in email marketing for over 20 years at this point. I discovered Mailchimp early on during that time and have been using it every since. I have clients that were using other systems before working with me. Most are cumbersome and offered little in the way of being able to design stunning emails that captured attention in the inbox. Plus, Mailchimp's deliverability rate has never been matched. As times have changed, and so has email marketing, Mailchimp continues investing in their platform to make the work of email marketing more integrated into other platforms like social media, eCommerce and more systems. They've added features that have helped make my job more of a one-system stop which has been a positive impact on my workflow. Can't recommend them highly enough.

CONS

As they are investing in the platform, there have been many usability and design changes that have come with these improvements. As a user, that can add frustrations. The dashboard and menus can literally be completely changed on you from one day to the next. It's annoying, but it's bearable. And I think they may be almost done with these complete redesigns in adding functionality to their system.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp's developers just had it right out of the gate with their product. And it has only improved over the last 20 years. I found these other products to be less intuitive, versatile and user friendly. A lot has changed over the years, but I keep coming back to Mailchimp time and again because it is just the best out of all the options available for email marketing.

Tina

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2021

Best for beginners and experts alike

My experience is positive. I don't intend to switch from Mailchimp.

PROS

After testing other similar software, I came to the conclusion that Mailchimp is the best if you're just starting out. Reasons: - it's super easy and quick to create an account. You can start sending emails right away. - the free plan is very generous (2,000 subscribers, 12,000 emails/month - and if you clean your list regularly, the ex-email addresses you had on your list won't count toward your billing. Simply select them and click archive and you're done). - you can automate, schedule emails, segment your audience by sign-up date, sign-up source, previous campaign activity (whether they opened the previous or not), automation activity, etc. - you can create landing pages, embeddable sign-up forms, send an automated welcome email or subscription confirmation. - create tags so that you can easily manage your audience. - contains easy email builder. - emails are less likely to end up in the spam folder - compared to Mailerlite. So, for experts, it has all the tools you need for email marketing and for beginners, when you're just starting out and you're curious what's all the hype about email marketing, it offers a generous free plan so you can test what works for you and what not. It's important for beginners to have a place to test their knowledge and Mailchimp's free plan is simply the best for that. Just thinking that the general open rate is between 20-30%, that means if you have 2,000 subs, you can expect a min of 400 opens, which does not guarantee sales.

CONS

The contact support is zero/non-existent for the free plan. If you want to send emails in the business/ make money online/ affiliate marketing niche, your account will be suspended immediately by a bot. And no one will ever reply to your email to reactivate your account. If you use the free plan and run into some issues, try searching for solutions in the knowledge base or online.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Mostly because of the limited features they offered.

Joshua

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Newsletters Made Easy

Despite some of the challenges it has been the best program that I have been able to find to easily create newsletters for our organization. Once you become used to how the platform operates it becomes easier to create and design good looking "campaigns" newsletters.

PROS

I love this software because of the ease of use and the way it implements structure for designing newsletters. I had previously utilized Microsoft Office to build, design, and create newsletters; however, found that you could only attach it to emails rather than having a fully fleshed out designer email sent. Mailchimp also allows the administration to show how many indviduals clicked on various links and opened the email newsletter to read it. This allows for better engagement to see weather the information being portrayed is useful or not.

CONS

While it allows for ease of use with design and implementations it lacks on available templates and themes. We've attempted to search for themes online; however, have not had much luck utilizing third party themes that say they are built for Mailchimp. Also, while you can design newsletters these are actually listed as campaigns as the number one goal for Mailchimp is to produce campaign and marketing strategies. This can sometimes lead to confusion while navigating the platform.

Reason for choosing Mailchimp

Basically price for the user base that we have.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

Better looking templates and the way the platform is implemented into the email system as opposed to having to add it as an attachment to the email itself.

Emeka

Real Estate, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2021

"Automation of messages vital for organizations and for the people who are beginning to showcase"

It has this magnificent convenience; extraordinary advantage; generally excellent conveyance rate; heaps of free provisions (testing, email computerization and reconciliations) great instructive substance.

PROS

Overall involvement in the device is awesome, it was useful in all viewpoints I required. Obviously, a free arrangement consistently has limits, however the paid arrangement likewise introduced a few focuses that in my work model were fundamental. Be that as it may, it is as yet a phenomenal and all around perceived instrument. I know many individuals who use it and don't stop talking positive about it. I actually prescribe it to numerous business visionaries who are just starting out in online deals. Mailchimp is awesome. MailChimp appeared to me by some coincidence, And I decided to utilize it for my work. An incredible choice for those simply beginning or for little, medium or enormous organizations that need to automate contact with their clients. It's absolutely instinctive and has a first rate design. It grabbed my eye when I made some Landing Pages and ran over a few models. Thoroughly free. Absolutely precise and opportune email arrangement. Another positive point is the quantity of clients that we can store in the free arrangement, up to 3000 contacts.

CONS

It truly is incredible promoting programming, however, even as there is robotization, the provisions are essential; instrument are all in English and it is beyond the realm of imagination to expect to make greeting pages upgraded for a better yield.

Reasons for switching to Mailchimp

I made the switch to MailChimp because it was too costly to even think about utilizing and there was no variant in my language. In any case, it was still generally excellent for my business.

Sushant