MapBusinessOnline

MapBusinessOnline Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Great tool for mapping territories for my sales team. Super helpful customer service."
  • icon"Maps are visually appealing and can easily update data and format how they display."
  • icon"A lot of useful courses in all fields which help doing our day to day work easier."
  • icon"Hard to change the dataset of zipcodes from one Territory Rep to another. I usually have to start from scratch and make a new one."
  • icon"It's impossible to talk with someone, so you have to go back and forth in email which is really inefficient, especially if you have a looming deadline."
  • icon"Merging my information into the software was a little confusing."

All MapBusinessOnline Reviews

Elwin

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

East to use and easy integration

Danny

Anyone managing a territory or a team within a territory, this is the best tool out there.

Efficient route and Territory planning.

Pros

Easy territory maps for my entire sales team. Including their accounts and ways to navigate to them efficiently.

Cons

You have to be somewhat profecient with computers to manipulate the system to get what you want sometimes.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Danny, Thanks for taking the time to review MBO. Geoff Ives

Replied May 2018

Maps Bussiness is helpful.

I use the software daily. It help me to find the better time to travel and it gives me information of public transportation, for that reasons the software help me to increase my productivity.

Pros

Maps Business is a helpful software because it help to us to identify the better time to travel and shows to us the traffic rules, this is important when you want to increase your productivity reducing the traveling time. There are multiple features in this software such to the help tp find parking to user. With the voice application you can speak while your are driving that is very important for your safety.

Cons

This software is excellent in general. The only thing is you are unenable to use when you dont have internet on your phone. Another thing is the software does not alert you about ongoing construction or restrictions on the roads.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks for this great review, whoever you are! Geoff Ives

Replied November 2018

Sherri

Industry: Medical Devices

Good replacement for Mappoint

MBO meets our basic requirements. It was easy to install and we appreciate being able to share maps both with other users and also with team members who aren't MBO users.

Pros

Map Business Online was really easy to install, and the switch from the online version to the installed one was very smooth. The basic functions that we need - mapping territories by zip codes and exporting that data to excel - work pretty well and the learning curve is fairly easy. Sharing maps is easy and I really like that I can share them with team members who are not licensed users via a URL. We also really appreciate the regular zip code updates (though we don't always get as many updates per year as are promised). MBO is the closest we've found to Mappoint, which we used for years.

Cons

Customer Support is pretty bad. It's impossible to talk with someone, so you have to go back and forth in email which is really inefficient, especially if you have a looming deadline. There are a lot of tutorials available online but it's really hard to find the one with the functions we need. New, added features interfere with ease of use of the features we have always used, and if you want more than really basic features the cost increases exponentially.

Reasons for switching to MapBusinessOnline

Cost and ease of use - Maptitude was much too complex for our needs, but it is a great product if you have complicated mapping requirements

Response from SpatialTEQ

Sherri, Thank you for your honest review. Please feel free to contact us via our 800-425-9035 tool free number. Geoff

Replied April 2021

Shane

Pretty easy to use once you've played around a bit. Support has been world class!

Determining addressable market size in each state and county.

Pros

Once you learn the software, it's really quite easy to work in. When I've had issues, the customer support I've received has been unbelievably strong.

Cons

Printing function could use some upgrading. Prints map view of individual state very small, and no way to add any data sets to the view.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Shane, Thank you for your review. I'm not sure I understand your statement on State Views. Be sure to run this by Jason if you haven't. I know for large states like Texas showing all counties can be a challenge for online mapping. I want to make sure you are aware of how to append labeling with your data. Geoff Ives

Cliff

Map Business Online Review

Like the software and have spoken to customer service folks - very easy to deal with and responsive.

Pros

Ease to load data into map Mapping options Ability to customize icons easlily

Cons

Sometimes difficult to find map options from menu Not intuitive to navigate around map

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Cliff, Thank you for your honest review. As you use MBO and get used to the Master Toolbar tools and navigation please be sure to provide feedback on what you think may be missing. Use the contact button to make suggestions. We track all user requests. Geoff Ives

Replied August 2018

Map Business Online shows the sale of products in an interesting way

Map Business Online is a functional and advanced tool. This software imports data from Dynamics CRM so this is a very useful software in my company.

Pros

The Business Online map is great because it has all the features we need. This solution is accurate and easy to use. Works great for creating routes and maps. This solution allows to save addresses on the map Very good technical support, always helpful.

Cons

Generally, using Map Business Online software is easy, but in my opinion, navigating the map isn't intuitive.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you for your review of Map Business Online. Geoff

Replied November 2018

Elwin

Great basic mapping software. Easy to import or export data.

Pros

The program was very easy to learn. When I first started it only took me about five minutes to learn the basics of exporting addresses and exporting territories.

Cons

While the basic tasks were easy to learn, I had trouble with the more complicated tasks even with the online instructions.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Elwin, Thank you for your review. We'll continue to try to make our online help easier to follow. Geoff Ives

Russell

Industry: Wholesale

Incredible value!

viewing customer geography,,,,mapping leads.

Pros

Just seems to always have a way of doing what you want. From mapping to directing sales teams in the field with guidance, this tool provides fundamental functionality. The data exporting was a added utility that is used heavily to support analytics.

Cons

Hard to say....a little attention must be paid to layers and the overlay of them. Would be nice if there was an intermediate subscription level to supply a few more functions to sales reps with whom maps are shared.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you for taking the time to review Map Business Online, Russell

Replied February 2018

Philisa

Great map software out there

Pros

I gave it 10 out of 10 because it is the best and I like the fact that we can know which area has most sales for us

Cons

I like it that it has street data too,this is the best software for any business to have

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Philisa, Thank you for taking the time to review Map Business Online. Geoff Ives

Replied August 2018

Eduardo

An effective tool to create map sales!

It helpme to create a very good looking sales maps

Pros

Indispensable tool to analyse the real impact of your business in the territory, very easy to work and learn and also have a great compatibility with the most used formats in the market

Cons

Could be more customizable the share option, still it have a great chance with map sharing editing function

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Eduardo, Thank you for your review. The Share option in MBO is provided to allow non-subscribers to access maps. They can query, route, pan and zoom, but they cannot export demographic data or map layers. What other features would you suggest? Thanks, Geoff Ives

Replied June 2018

Charlton

Complete Mapping Package to Compete with ArcGIS

I was able to have an additional tool to demonstrate quantifiable concepts to management. This both enhanced my reputation for being able to have value in the reports I created as well as enhanced the quality of decisions that management made.

Pros

The low price point relative to it's expansive capabilities. No it doesn't have every feature you may want, but many advanced mapping features are only available in the software. For hundreds of dollars a year, I can create robust multi-layered heat maps, with plotted icons/dots/logos to identify points on a map with area overlays and territories. For example, I plotted the hurricane as heat map with data from USGS, plotted people icons for customers, and another icon for collateral that we have. I then drew territories that I wanted to know more about and was able to extract data based on a defined polygon and pass that on to our risk management and customer service to call and support our customers who were affected. So I used 5 features to deliver highly actionable data to support both customers and business performance. I have many of these examples. Also, the help section is pretty comprehensive, requiring minimal customer service support. If I do need to contact them, they've always been both helpful and responsive within a day.

Cons

There are some features not available that if I were to get more advanced are not available. I don't know what those features are though because I'm an intermediate data mapper and this software was designed for people just like me as an additional tool to my other data charting tools. Some of the icons are not intuitive. It always launches to a new map versus being able to launch straight to a saved map.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thanks Charlton, Lots of great detail here. We appreciate your use of the tool. Geoff Ives

Replied May 2018

MBO is a great tool to map business territory in a cloud-based system.

Pros

The software gives you the ability to calculate the distance between lists of addresses and GPS coordinates allowing us to verify our distance-based franchise territories. It provides a quick visual way to quickly review all our locations across the US. It also gives you the ability to save specific addresses on the map and place shapes in order to mark territories.

Cons

The software feels dated in terms of look and user functionality. Some features could be improved, locking shapes would be a giant improvement as mistakes can be made, by accidentally moving shapes while trying to move around the map view. The cloud-based functionality is nice, but because the software uses each computers individual cached memory to store the map you have to make sure to open a new copy of the master map each time to avoid mistakes when working in a team environment. One small mistake in order of operations can result in significant error in the master map. We have actually purchased a second account as a workaround, though an approval system included in the software would be much better.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Chris, Thank you for your review. Regarding map editing across a shared environment. You should be using a Map Business Online Team subscription to achieve team editing.Team editing provides a Map Lock feature to prevent overwriting. From what we can see, you are using the full-year subscription only, which does not support multiple users logging into the subscription.

Replied April 2019

Brit

Exactly what I needed to create multiple layers of alignment in the US and Canada! Great Product!

Allowed me to complete my territory alignment project in just one weeks time.

Pros

*The customer service was amazing! Cusotmer rep. was such a great support and super responsive. He never declined a screen sharing session and answered every email within a half hour. He was always happy to help me get unstuck. It was really only small details I needed him for because the program was very easy to use and the YouTube videos and help website covered most any question that came up. *Now that I have it down, I see many more business uses for us. *The price was very good for the product capabilities and the fact that the support was so good made the value amazing. Most companies would invoice you for the consulting or training.

Cons

*I wish it included Mexico. *It would be nice to be able to combine both the zip code and county feature when making territories, instead of being committed to one or the other. There were times combining would have made the work faster. *Better options for hiding everything when I only want to print part of the map. Too many filters required in addition to hiding map layers and it just wasn't as clean as I wanted.

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Thank you for reviewing Map Business Online. Additional countries are under consideration - Mexico being one. ZIP codes and Counties present some challenges when compiled together to construct a territory. One problem is that ZIP's often overlap several counties. We'll continue to review it. We'll also continue to consider new ways to highlight sections of the map. Perhaps a view wizard to select and de-select layers all at once?

Replied November 2017

Rebekah

Great Replacement for Bing Maps

After reviewing several mapping software, we chose Map Business Online because of the functionality and cost. The software is easy to use and I love the ability to share a password-protected map with anyone, even those without a license! Overall, a great value.

Pros

Great cost and it is extremely easy to use. The desktop version is nice and I love the sharing feature. I was able to embed a map directly into SharePoint site, which was nice.

Cons

Call outs are not transparent and there isn't an optimizer function to create custom territories, only ones based off of zip code, county or state. Also, the color-coding max of 100 is limiting. We have 106 Districts and 1400 territories and I am unable to color-code by either. Lastly, the route optimizer is clunky. I wish that it was possible to select an area and have it route all points within it. That'd be great!

Response from MapBusinessOnline.com

Rebekah - Thank you for your kind review. Just to address your desire to route to an area. If you create a polygon query or circle query around an area and select your data target, this will save a list in the Data Window of those points. Simply click the Add All Rows to Route button on the right side of the Data Window tool bar to create an optimized route for all points in that search return. Please let us know if you require a demo on this. Thanks Again!

Replied November 2016