What are Marketo Engage users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Marketo Engage software through verified user reviews

• icon"I couldn’t be more happy with this software. My sales have increased dramatically and the quality has improved as well."
  • icon"I uses this platform very often to run my different marketing automation campaigns. Their multiple automation features like sequencing the campaign is amazing."
  • icon"It is a user-friendly interface which is easily understandable by you and it has a very brilliant capability of automating almost everything."
  • icon"I occasionally have issues with email formatting and these problems are very hard to fix."
  • icon"UI is bad, and Marketo Sky will help fix this, but it's taking forever for Marketo Sky to get to a point where I can actually use it. Many features do cost extra but you can pick and choose."
  • icon"The product has its name imprinted loud and clear and hence the pricing is a thing to worry about."

Browse all Marketo Engage Reviews

• Have you used Marketo Engage and would like to share your experience with others?

MD Masoom

Indeed a Best-in-Class Marketing Automation Software

My overall experience with Marketo Marketing Automation is satisfactory. I am using it daily for marketing automation for different marketing campaigns for different team members and I found this platform very helpful and amazing. My experience with their dashboards and reports features are mindblowing and this is the best thing about this tool.

Pros

I like almost everything about this amazing marketing automation tool. Some of the things that I like most about it is the following: 1. Marketo customer support team is very responsive and always available to help, this is something I like the most. 2. Marketo's simple and easy user interface is amazing and very easy to use. This is the second thing that I like about it. 3. Marketo's amazing dashboards and reports features are the 3rd things that I like most about it. It is very informatics.

Cons

I want to share one thing that I dislike about it and that is Marketo is a little bit expensive compared to other tool but I must say that it is worth to spend on it.

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

I choose Marketo Marketing Automation over these alternative products because of two things: 1. Amazing customer support team: Yes, a Marketo customer support team is amazing because of this we choose this tool over these alternatives. 2. Amazing Dashboards and reporting features: Yes because of its amazing reporting and powerful dashboard features I chose this tool

Cameron

Can't go wrong with the best MAP - but you need to spend time getting it how you like it

I've been using Marketo for over 2 years and have managed multiple instances, including implementing a new one. It's been great to learn and use. I came from HubSpot and although I loved HubSpot, it was limited in it's capabilities because things are locked down to look "pretty" and work more out-of-the-box. What I say is Marketo is for the "big kids"/enterprise/B2B market and HubSpot is more for the SMB market. Marketo also does well integrating with Salesforce, whereas HubSpot's API integration is very locked down and limited.

Pros

What can't Marketo do? Not much! It's the be-all-do-all tool. Tons of features and customization, integrations and functionality.

Cons

If you are looking for a "pretty" software, don't look here. The interface is dated and harder to navigate if you don't know what you are doing. I always tell people that "Marketo is UGLY, but it's POWERFUL." What it trades for looks, it makes up for in functionality and customizations.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

Act-On is NOT a very good platform and is very limited. We knew we wanted more functionality and the ability to really do good marketing. Act-On is even worse than HubSpot and is so limited with it's functionality and the way it works with Salesforce, etc. We just knew we needed to get out of Act-On and I'm happy to say as of this month we are finally free of Act-On's limited forms, landing pages, emails, etc.

Edward

November 2015

Pros and Cons

Pros

Once optimized, Marketo is good for rapid-fire content creation (emails, landing pages, and campaigns) that is tailored and optimized for digital marketing experiences. It can collect a broad range of data out-of-the-box which provides significant advantages compared to competitors.

Cons

Marketo's ability to scale, technically, can be a limiting factor at times. The major dependencies are lead database size, web traffic volume, and integration with the CRM. At the point of 750k+ leads, Marketo becomes slow to work with. At the point of 10k page visits/day, queues start to pop up on logging web activity. When lots of leads are begin updated in Marketo and through the CRM, the back-and-forth usage of API calls (by which Marketo communicates with CRMs) starts to max out, and you have to really optimize the setup in order to have timely communication between Marketo and the CRM.

sowmya

One of the best Marketing Automation Tool!

Overall Marketo is one stop for all the digital marketing activities, database, and analytics. I simply love it!

Pros

Easy to use, One solution for all the marketing leads, nurturing campaigns, pulling different reports, and ROI calculation. Integration with different tools like salesforce etc., makes it even easier for the marketing activities.

Cons

Sometimes it gets trickier to create programs and a smart list. Too many filter options might be confusing.

Flexible and Adaptable, Best for Technical Users

The depth of configurability has been a huge benefit for our organization, a global enterprise company with a complex international business structure. While there are challenges in terms of getting users up to speed, much of what we accomplish we could not have done on our previous systems in terms of the complexity of scoring, routing, and lead management.

Pros

The ability to customize and scale has been the biggest benefit of Marketo, paired with the levels of complexity that can be used to refine audiences and reporting in ways that cannot be acheived in other platforms.

Cons

There is a significant rampup and onboarding period, the tool is designed for a more technical user, which can cause some frustrations and leads to a learning curve

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

The way the system is structured really clicked with my way of thinking, and some of the capabilities and flexibility felt like something that would scale far more easily with our organization's growth and future plans.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

We outgrew the system and it's capabilities very quickly.

Ruth

Customizable to Your Business

Pros

Marketo is robust and can be configured to meet most business cases. It integrates well with many systems/services. For example, Marketo integrates better with Salesforce than Salesforce Marketing Cloud. There is a solid user group/community. Things like Content AI and Web Personalization take personalization across your digital marketing to the next level. Training is required to use a lot of features.

Cons

You have to build your own preference center. This doesn't come out-of-the-box. UI is bad, and Marketo Sky will help fix this, but it's taking forever for Marketo Sky to get to a point where I can actually use it. Many features do cost extra but you can pick and choose. Landing page templating is lacking without a dedicated devloper.

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

Robust enterprise solution that can be customized

Imad

Great for all businesses

Can't live a day without the software. Sometimes I can't understand somethings, but they have loads of tutorials on their website and YouTube.

Pros

Whatever you can think of in terms of marketing automation, lead management and email marketing, chances are Marketo can do it.

Cons

You can just subscribe and start using it without a little training. And the functionalities are so many, that you really need to know what you are looking for to find it.

Reasons for switching to Marketo Engage

The old software was just too basic compared to Marketo

Jon

Marketo - great software for demand generation

We implement and optimize Marketo (and several other platforms) on behalf of our clients and have found Marketo a scalable solution for b2b companies with more than 100 employees. Anything less employee wise requires a lesser tool. This is the best tool for the mid-market segment in our experiences.

Pros

1. Ease of use 2. Drip campaigns triggered on behaviors of leads 3. Lead management (inquiry to close) 4. Ubiquitous in the 100-1000 employee segment, SaaS business

Cons

1. Customer support lacks 2. New feature functionality is questionable in the 2015-2018 vintage (pre-adobe) - eg Sky doesn't work as one example 3. Limitations on API use 4. Mobile responsive templates are not mobile responsive! 5. Anything account based related

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

Most flexible, best integration, best deliverability, best feature functionality - scales the best.

Gianni

Great segmentation but very slow loading time

Overall, not very satisfied with Marketo. Although it gets the job done, I believe there is a lot of room for growth in this space of account-based marketing.

Pros

Data management and campaign nurturing. The smart list and flow builders our team uses to for segmentation is a tremendous help. Without the automation of these key features, I don't believe our marketing efforts would be very valuable to the company.

Cons

Slow loading times. Our company has many campaign/programs built on a daily bases. We also have our Marketo Database integrated with our CRM. Although the massive amount of data is causing the back-logs, it's not to say this can't be improved.

I used Marketo for over a year and it was not very user friendly

Pros

Marketo seems like it is a good option for large companies and developers. We successfully ran webinars through the automation functionality and thought their support staff were nice.

Cons

Compared to the CMS I am using now, Marketo is very cumbersome and archaic. Marketo was very hard to get up and running on. It is very difficult to find user help articles when you need to find out how to do something. Much of the content is supplied by Marketo users rather than the company itself and ends up being very technical and hard to understand for anyone outside of being a developer. If you are new to marketing automation, I would not recommend this product.

Alexandra

Marketo a Total Integration Tool.

We use Marketo primarily to stop form submission automation as well as data cleansing, and of course we owe Marketo an important part of our automation. We also pay additional money to be able to use their templates and thus create a landing page and of course have the templates within the emails. All this was done at the expense of a long time, which is the main factor to invest in Marketo, but after learning how to use and take advantage of the software in a good way, the results were magnificent.

Pros

Among the many impressive features that Marketo has, its integrations stand out, which are an important factor in obtaining a complete service that fully satisfies the requirements of the company, has integrations with many different software and also has the ability to integrate with third parties to through Zapier making it a full integration tool. The user interface is very flexible and can be configured according to the data flow of the company or the portfolio of clients and potential clients. Through Marketo, much of the information that reaches the company can be automated, thus bringing the data to Salesforce in a clean way.

Cons

It has a somewhat long learning curve that makes it essential to have some help before being able to use the program to its full potential, so technical support plays a preponderant role in the software. In addition, the system must be configured through an API connection, which makes it quite a cumbersome process. Although the interface has great flexibility, it can be confusing when starting out due to its main focus, which is undoubtedly the database for the software, but once learned it is a fast path to success.

Emanuela

My experience with Marketo

Pros

Marketo is a great marketing tool that allows automating repetitive marketing activities. I am using Marketo since 4 years. We use it to improve our lead generation process and we integrated Marketo with Salesforce. We are using Marketo Forms embedded on our website to get the personal information, track the activities done by leads and notify the sales reps. We are able to track campaigns (members are synced to Salesforce campaigns) and lead sources to measure effectiveness of marketing activities. We created a series of program templates that can be replicated to manage events, webinars, newsletters or email blastings. Cloning the templates all our marketers can start a new program easily customizing just the details, without errors and saving time. I want to mention a powerful feature that I use daily - smart lists - they allows to target a specific audience and continuously been fed with new members that match the criteria.

Cons

- Integration with MS Dynamics: we started with MS dynamics CRM and the integration is not seamless as the integration with Salesforce. We had unresolved issues for 3 years until we decided to move our CRM to Salesforce. - Consulting Services: we started our project with direct Marketo consulting services but our project manager was not responsive and we had the impression that each PM had too many customers to manage and do not have the time to dedicate the right effort to each project. For this reason, we moved our project to an external consultant firm and the results are much better. - Support: the response time of the standard support is not quick and usually it takes some days to resolve it. - Landing pages: it is missing a validation workflow on the thank you pages (to be sure that those who will access the thank you page have successfully filled-out the form included in the landing page) - Reporting: the reports are very basics

Austin

Best-in-class Marketing Automation Solution

Pros

Marketo is the "Porsche with a manual transmission" of marketing automation platforms. It's full of cool features and is incredibly powerful. The strengths: 1) Workflow flexibility that is unmatched by other platforms. Building complex data management, lead scoring, and organizational processes (such as lead routing) is very achievable in Marketo. They basically give you every function they can possibly code and let their customers piece them together as they like (more on this in #7). 2) The engagement programs, primarily meant for lead nurturing, are truly best-in-class. It's a little bit of an adjustment at first, but it really simplifies complex nurturing tracks and saves marketers from putting prospects into multiple tracks at once (which happens more than most admit) 3) The vision is impressive. Marketo has a clear, long-term vision that they continually deliver on. Examples being advances in personalization, ABM, ect. I'd bet on them to lead the way (or buy the way via Vista ) to whatever is next in marketing automation, such as AI or machine learning.

Cons

I love Marketo. But, there are some things I don't love. 1) The landing page builder has made improvements but still, leaves some to be desired. Unless a template available for import matches what you'd like to do, you pretty much have to hire a developer to build your templates. 2) The reporting is somewhat overhyped. They REALLY sell revenue cycle analytics, but in reality, it's tough to implement and even tougher to accurately maintain. Since data is essentially timestamped and not stored in an external record (i.e. like Salesforce has for a campaign member), if you mess it up, you're SOL. Marketo's advice to me was "don't mess up."

Crystal

August 2016

Want to see proven ROI with a marketing automation system?

Pros

- UI Usability & design. - Tracking of programs from creation to execution, including success and engagement across programs like webinars, events, web pages and multi-step or channel campaigns. - Complex criteria for building out nurture programs based on targeted parameters and real-time interactions. - Global partitions and platform internationalization. - Real-time personalization

Cons

- Search functionality could be a lot easier with keywords, or created date. I know the platform just updated to search based on URL, but it could use a bit more work to make it easier for newer employees who have tons of legacy items to sift through. - Speed of platform is sometimes frustrating - it can be great at times...other times it lags beyond belief, when pulling lists, approving emails and landing pages, and just jumping from campaign to campaign. Sometimes I have to even restart or refresh the platform just to get it moving again. - Campaign calendar layout is not intuitive and leaves marketing teams resorting to a Google Calendar or similar feature to track campaign sequencing and deliverables. It's usable if you spend some time in it, but it definitely could be better.

Jasmine

Impressive and efficient

Marketo gives me the opportunity to seamlessly deliver information to the sales users in my organization through the Marketo Sales Insights tool in Salesforce as well as triggered alerts/emails. I really enjoy the speed of the Salesforce sync as we are able to create/monitor campaigns and attribute revenue almost instantly.

Pros

Marketo is consistently ranked by analysts as a top automation solution, and I can finally see why! As a marketer, it’s simple to use but also robust for program management from creation to reporting. On a day-to-day basis, I use Marketo within a B2B environment and we wouldn’t be able to function without it. It’s a key tool for my marketing strategy, one of our most used functionalities is cloning programs, tactics, and campaigns. This allows us to make fewer mistakes and maintain continuity from user-to-user, an efficiency for my nimble, growing team. What I’d like to see is continued product improvement driven by customer voices. I’m excited for the new Mercury UI to debut in 2018!

Cons

As an admin within a small team, the uptime to full functionality can be like climbing a steep hill on a cold day. Simply put, learning this tool can feel cumbersome if it’s not your only responsibility. Luckily, the Marketing Nation Community combined with the product docs and Marketo University prove to be helpful resources for growing your knowledge. Within a year I was able to confidently learn the tool, contribute new ideas, and become a Marketo Certified Expert (MCE). Service/support - Compared to other automation platforms, there seems to be limited support and desire for accounts to have a 1:1 communication on a regular basis with an account rep. We’ve recently been assigned a new rep and we're making progress.

Praveen

Marketo: An Ultimate Platform for marketing!

Pros

The reason why I referred the application as an ultimate platform is that it gathers all information about your digital marketing campaigns emails, online forms, marketing material etc. at a single place. It is a user-friendly interface which is easily understandable by you and it has a very brilliant capability of automating almost everything. In this, one can build a variety of things like email templates, landing pages, etc. It supports multi-touch campaigns and multichannel. It is broad and very useful for CRM Integration and most importantly Analytics. It increases efficiency in a variety of ways (like the ability to create a tokenized template) as well as its Lead management process is also brilliant!! Its capabilities are very vast, Comprehensive campaigns capabilities are one of them.

Cons

Here are a few cons which shouldn’t be ignored. Reporting of Analytics of Marketo is very bad and in addiction smart list designs are not flexible and it is very difficult to design them. Most importantly it is not within the range of all types of people, as its rates are little bit higher. Its interface should be improved for new users as well as some software bugs should also be fixed regarding auto-saving. It loads the previewing list very slowly. Its Spam Identification feature also very poor as well as email and landing page analytics are also not enough. But at last, I want to say that the major issue with it, is regarding its speed of loading the application which needs a lot of improvement

The best marketing automation system but becoming dated

Pros

Marketo is a robust platform built to scale. It is highly flexible and packed with integrations and features to helps you orchestrate your marketing strategy and automate the execution and tracking of many campaigns.

Cons

Other competitors are fast becoming more innovative solutions, with Marketo every new feature is an add-on that costs yet more money.

Emanuela

My experience with Marketo

We are using Marketo across the whole organization to improve and automate our marketing activities. We are using it at corporate level as well as in each operation (US, UK, DACH, France, Italy, APAC, etc). We improved ability to attract new leads and the engagement of visitors on our website.

Pros

- Workflow: the logic behind the workflows allows to automate manual activities - Lead gen: we improved the engagement of the visitors on our website and we manage the entire lead generation process on Marketo integrated with our CRM. - Programs: it is easy to create and manage emailing and nurture programs with the ability to set rules when the email should be sent. - Forms: we are using Marketo forms and we embedded them on our website.

Cons

- Integration with Dynamics: after 3 years we still have some issues on the integration with MS Dynamics... the 2 systems are not well integrated. - Support: sometimes we had some issues with getting quick replies from support. - Landing pages: it is missing a validation workflow on the thank you pages (to be sure that those who will access the thank you page have successfully filled-out the form included in the landing page).

Maddison

Great tool!

Marketo is an astonishing apparatus that boosts the speed of your advanced showcasing work. You'll be able to assist the level of your endeavors by utilizing such curious vice. The instrument has numerous applications that give awesome offer assistance in making your promoting procedure more viable. You'll be able to increment the number of leads and it'll offer assistance in upgrading the volume of your deals.

Pros

Marketo is a successful and solid apparatus for computerized showcasing with simple methods and applications. Marketo makes a difference in showcasing methodologies of the trade with different apparatuses and it moreover grows the exercises over numerous channels. This makes a difference in making more leads. You'll be able moreover join yourself with different apparatuses that can provide you best results.

Cons

You would like to have training from any experienced identity sometime recently utilizing Marketo since it isn't a straightforward way of doing showcasing. It incorporates numerous basic apparatuses and applications that ought to be caught on to begin with and after that, you'll apply.

Louis

Industry: Computer Hardware

Our team has found Marketo an essential tool to organize and to optimize new customer relationships

Our review focused on the process of discovery relative to our website and front line presentations to the market prospect visitors. However , Marketo Software covers the complete spectrum of marketing and prospect lead generation. Its almost intelligent interaction with prospects allows our team great confidence in engaging and in capturing quality leads.

Pros

We loved the Marketo's ability to rate and analyze our web pages and in addition to recommend tactics to boost our site's search ability. This is a vital feature specification on the marketing side. This task is accomplished through their easy to use user interface and dashboard which can report the necessity to upgrade target key search words and title tags. We also employ Marketo's ability to collect information from prospective visitors to our site and with its tools which customize the visitors experience based the application's unique reaction to visitor company size and industry sector as well as inquiry behavior while interacting.

Cons

We hoped the customer service hours to be more robust and available as we work late hours and over seas times. This is a small complaint in the over all scheme and we rate Marketo as a fine product . The online support resources are helpful.

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

Marketo offered complete processes and an easier to use user dashboard and interface when attempting to capture and engage quality client leads.

Renee

March 2015

Great Solution for Salesforce users.

Pros

I used Marketo in my last role for about three years and was always impressed. Marketo does a great job of integrating very seamlessly with Salesforce and in a sales role, this is imperative to your success. You are able to track not only your emails, but develop sophisticated campaigns to drive engagement in a particular market or across a broad spectrum. Above all, Marketo gave you the flexibility to develop an idea and execute on it successfully. Additionally, the system was great in providing the engagement reports key prospects had with our organization. As a sales professional, quality leads some times make or break a quota. Marketo feeds you quality leads that you're able to rank based on many algorithms. Having an understanding of what your prospect is most interested in, creates a much more effective first conversation, rather than attempting to connect cold. Overall, Marketo was a crucial part of our sales processes and truly assisted in your achievements as an organization. I would highly recommend.

Cons

We only encountered some occasional problems when uploading smart lists. This would sometimes take quite a long time when Marketo was running updates or changes, that would slow the system.

Marketo - great marketing automation for larger marketing teams.

When going through the demos & getting pricing from the Sales team make sure to fully understand their pricing. They've changed their pricing model in the past 18 months to be more a la carte so some features you may really like are additional costs. Depending on the size of your database this can start to really add up. Marketo is not suitable for small marketing teams as it requires a ton of set up time & ongoing work to fully leverage its capabilities.

Pros

Easy to track different engagement programs at every stage across multiple steps. Robust criteria for building lead nurturing. Like their lead scoring feature - great way to segment leads based on how they interact with you. Their real-time personalization feature is impressive. Great feature once it's configured correctly.

Cons

The email builder is pretty basic. Leveraging the full capabilities requires a full-time internal resource. Steep learning curve. We needed to invest in a Marketo specialist to help with integration. Marketo is super expensive & that's before taking the extra cost of hiring a Marketo Specialist to help with implementation.

amrit

marketo user and admin review

works extremely well for the business case we have. integration with salesforce helps us immensely in tracking key business clients and their purchase journey.

Pros

best email marketing software in the market. easy to setup lead scoring. integration with salesforce works really well.

Cons

some of the functionality is still old school. needs to upgrade the drag and drop interface to reflect modern software design principals.

Reasons for choosing Marketo Engage

marketo is expensive but very robust and has a lot of relevant features which made us buy it.

Rachel

Makes Small Teams Seem Big

The Marketo community is great and one of the highlights of working with this software. The support is robust and effective. While the aesthetic aspects of the forms, landing pages, and emails leaves something to be desired, it is more than made up for in overall functionality.

Pros

We have a really small marketing team, but we are able to create quality, complex nurture streams easily with Marketo. It also gives us valuable insight into who is engaging with our website and our emails. We couldn't imagine running our marketing with anything else.

Cons

While the functional aspects of Marketo are great, they are lacking in some areas like form design and ease of use for designing emails and landing pages. They have tried to improve all three but continue to fall short compared to other tools. You will have to have someone who knows how to do some basic coding if you want to go beyond their most basic templates.

The Big Boy of Marketing Autumation

Overall - Marketo was killer! Onboarding was great and support with issues was helpful. My biggest advice would be to maximize their time on site by building funnels you actually can use!

Pros

Marketo allows you to automate anything. Whatever action you want to trigger from - you can. We were a large publishing group sending millions of emails each month. We needed ways to segment and identify the exact user we wanted. Marketo gave us those tools to do that quickly and easily!

Cons

Some of our team struggled to understand some of the terms and systems. It came very quick to some of the team and slower with others. I mention this because it seemed more like a mental block than ignorance. I also felt like we needed a developer to help make the dreams happen. It was just outside of our skillset so we needed some extra hands in the early days making all the connections perfect.

Marketo Engage