Browse Maximizer CRM Reviews

Ajbinder from Pacifica Partners Capital Management

Making Maximizer Your Firm's Cornerstone

We are able to complete our tasks much more efficiently and able to coordinate with other members of our team. Over the years we have tried other CRM options but Maximizer has been the one we have been looking for. Extremely glad we made the switch.

Pros

Maximizer is very intuitive to use and the layout feels as if it has been designed with the end user in mind. The easy to navigate fields and customization allows it to be adaptable to many different practices. Our efficiency has improved significantly as a result of Maximizer.

Cons

Personally, I am still confused on how to best set up households and individuals within that household and it feels like I have some duplication but I have not been able to figure out how to clean it up.

Kathy-Rae from Septic Systems of Maine

Maximizer user since the early 90's

The latest feature that I love is the relation manager it could be a little easier to use. For example I refer customers to service providers that I have in our database. The feature allows me to link that customer with the service providers that we have referred. I can then follow up with the provider to see if they heard from the customer and to make them realize that I'm tracking the precious leads that I send to them.

Pros

Maximizer has been my right arm since the early 90's. Our company has grown with Maximizer and watched the software evolve into a very powerful tool. The ability to organize all your customers in one program and to have the mobile ability to bring customer files up on our smart phone is incredible. It makes the customer feel important as you have all the details at your finger tips about their likes and dislikes. Many customers will comment that they can't believe I remembered one detail or another...I don't have the heart to tell them I have it all documented in my Maximizer program.

Cons

The addition of the campaign management is a critical feature but is very difficult to use. It is fabulous to have this in Maximizer but it is not as easy to use as some of the others such as Constant Contact. The integration of and the statistics are very important to see what customers are clicking on within your email broadcast. Increasing the ability to make adding graphics and enhancing the viewing pleasure of the customer would be very helpful.

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM

I had not upgraded my software with Maximizer for several years and did not realize all the fabulous new features that had been added. Probably my biggest stumbling block was at the time my company relied upon the ability to have the integration with QuickBooks. I did not want to go to the online version of QB to have this integration. Our company moved away from needing this feature but now that we are doing more online sales I think it would be instrumental. Although I have heard that the online version of QB is not a good idea. Wish there was a way to integrate the online version of Max with the desktop version of QB.

Sofia from Screen Engine/ASI

Industry: Research

Robust for a Call sheet

Not great. We had to navigate several levels of customer service and received really high quotes to finally figure out that our old database that lived in an old license of Maximizer wasn’t compatible or transferable to the new.

Pros

Great to manage a robust database of contacts and profiles. Customizable user defined fields are particularly useful.

Cons

Not very mobile friendly, and the current version is 100% incompatible with older licenses (such as desktop versions) which are islands. So transferring an old database to the new version was virtually impossible.

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM

We were locked into the old system and weren’t able to export our data so had to settle with maximized again.

Response from Maximizer Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Sofia, Thanks for submitting your review. I wanted to let you know that our app is under constant upgrades for improvement and we have some amazing things coming down the line! Thanks again!

Brad from Manulife

Max CRM Review

Its ok. What really put me off is every time you need some assistance they turn it into a huge billable hour exercise. Talk about ripping off your customers.

Pros

The product out of the box works for what we need, I have the advisor template on mine and it still has the design on selling, and the sales process. This inst the focus of the average advisor. This does the basic features required. however it certainly isn't what it could be.

Cons

It doesn't have the ability to track products well. It took leads tab and renamed it opportunities and felt that was a improvement. it wasn't. We end up using a global note to record and track all items a client has with us.

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM

This did the basics and got us going.

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

To get the customization to the level I wanted it was turning into a full time job. This did the basics and got us going.

Response from Maximizer Software

Replied March 2020

Hi Brad, Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer. It's always great to hear feedback from our customers and gauge where we can improve. If there is something we aren't doing well to fit into your workflow I would love to discuss. I feel that you have had somewhat of an off-putting experience due to particular charges, perhaps changes in your software? I would love to discuss and help design a workflow that benefits you. Please reach out to: support@maximizer.com and let them know you would like to discuss the set-up of your Maximizer CRM and we will get a Customer Success Manager on a call to discuss and plan a path forward. We look forward to hearing from you! Best regards, Adam Wilson Head of Customer Success

Craig from Prestige Homeseeker

CRM - A need, not a want!

We were looking to consolidate our customers into one central location to understand our marketplace better, focus on their needs and wants, which would be accessible to the whole sales team. To turn data into high value information by tracking the opportunities the business attracts and managing prospect’s expectations to convert more opportunities into wins. We can now see in real time how all of our opportunities are progressing. We also have automated reports in our Dashboard module showing the business’s sales performance and pipeline, which allows us to focus on each individual opportunity without any being left unnurtured. We have now linked our CRM with Mailchimp to allow for focused marketing campaigns based on the data we add to the Address Book. We now have a clear sales process that can be tracked with clear ‘what’s next’ actions to implement.

Pros

We needed a solution to move away from paper / spreadsheets for our customer database and whilst all CRM packages do this Maximizer gave us the bespoke nature to take control and not have an out of the box solution. The opportunity module is by far my favourite feature as now I can provide the Board with snapshots of our entire pipeline, weighted or not, which sector / products and track each opportunity on their own merits and assign the time and resources to achievable projects.

Cons

Very busy main screen for some users and dashboard is a tad frustrating sometimes, Insights would be nice but that feature is too expensive.

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM

The bespoke nature available via the selling agent to fit in our unique sector. Also to keep on premise to allow other internal systems to link under our control.

Peter from Stapfer Financial Planning Group Inc

Perspective from an almost retired user

Pros

The support during the transition from another CRM was exceptional. The training videos and online webinar have been most helpful in the early days of being a user. Office app integration for the most part have been trouble free.

Cons

The interface with the dealer's system (IPC) was way too slow to be of any practical use. It hung up way too often and after 3 minutes of watching the circle of doom, I used to retrieve the pertinent data directly from the manufacturer's website. A highly desirable feature that motivated me to sign up in the first place ended up being a costly proposition that added no value.

Fund dealer integration.

Megan from Catherine Brownlee Inc.

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Ease and customization for your unique business

Pros

This software is easy to understand and become comfortable working in when it comes to contact management and email integration. Maximizer offers many tools to be able to customize your data for your specific business and to continue to build on as your business grows. The ability to set a personalized dashboard to keep targets top of mind is very helpful and is a great way to start the day.

Cons

Having better integrations with other software would make our lives a lot easier. As well as having better duplicate checking for entries would eliminate a lot of work hours used to maintain a clean database.

Todd from NetKing Solutions

My use of Maximizer

Since 2002 Maximizer has aided me in keeping in touch with my clients. The action plans I have set early in 2004 still work to this day, and are easily assigned to my new and existing clients.

Pros

I have used Maximizer since the early 2000's. It is my MAIN source of CRM. I have many pre-edited documents that automatically get sent and merged with my contacts. I love this software and the amount of time and energies it's saved me over the years.

Cons

Originally, I didn't like the cost of the product, but as it became more mainstream the price dropped. The features increased and their negatives turned into positives. SO I don't have any cons to discuss at this time.

Response from Maximizer Software

Replied September 2019

Hi Todd, Thank you for the wonderful review! We look forward to helping you build on your already solid client relationships. Thanks again!

JOE from FINANCIAL

Always breaking down; constant problems and issues

Really tremendously disappointing. Little problems tend to be solved within 3 days but problems come monthly and there are constant problems and issues. Bigger problems have never been solved. Functionality sounds great but doesn't work in reality. I am stuck though so I have to keep fighting with them for repairs.

Pros

If it worked in reality there are some great potential management features - however it constantly breaks down - something as simple as recording birthdates creates ridiculous and tremendous issues. It just doesn't work well - I don't recommend it - once you are over to it you are stuck and although I have requested constant repair to some of the bigger issues nothing has been done.

Cons

At this stage it is just an expensive contact manger and note taking system - not much else works... Right now the system functionality is again down for me and it won't sync with my calendars that do work correctly like Calendly...

thought Maximizer had fixed all the bugs - I was wrong

Justin from Experior Financial Group

Going to get left behind by CRMs that integrate better with Mobile Users

Not very happy with experience so far, the product is decent but missing a lot more that I would expect from a CRM company in 2018. No mobile application is the biggest thing. They will say it's not needed cause when are you without a mobile connection... but it has happened more times than they think. Also this whole issue of people not syncing their mobile applications to the server is a weak response. All you have to do is set up backup times which every mobile device does when people get home and connect to wifi.

Pros

Most of the backend stuff is taken care of for Financial advisors.

Cons

The user interface is horrible, doesn't integrate well with anything. It's not mobile friendly. They need an application that is fast and that integrates seamlessly with Google. It should not have to use trujay to link to google.

Josh from Ron Turley Associates, Inc.

Robust, but lacking integration

It really is a solid CRM, and did well keeping the entire company apprised of the situation. It handles B2B and B2C with ease, and made it very easy to keep tabs on our clients. If it integrated with other critical apps, automated marketing tasks, and had a stronger customer service tool, we'd still be using it today.

Pros

I really liked the User definable setup, and the hierarchy between contacts and companies. I also liked how every user defined value got it's own view in SQL, so it was very easy to extract data into other systems using the database. It's very familiar to office users, and performed really well, even with 90,000 contacts/companies in it. It's a solid CRM, as long as that's all you need.

Cons

It didn't integrate well with other applications. We use Google Apps, and Quickbooks, which are pretty common. But it wouldn't integrate with either, and was going to cost in order to write each integration. The customer service case manager was minimalist, so it was simple to use, but didn't allow for a conversation to happen (eg I couldn't tell how much back and forth happened during a customer service case, or if the customer had updated information on the case). The email generation tool was primitive, and only allowed for basic, ugly html. Any advanced formatting, or click tracking common to things like MailChimp weren't available. There wasn't any marketing automation to speak of, and there wasn't any automated lead scoring. Everything had to be done by hand, and unfortunately humans aren't reliable.

Wouldn't Have A Growing Business Without It

I believe the business is better protected. We are more effecient. We have a small team and any one of us can take a phone call from a client and within seconds understand any history to do with a client issue. It might be something very simple or complex but because I can call up notes from others on the team and access all emails between us and the client and our back office it saves a tremendous amount of time. I think it also gives the client confidence that we know what we are doing because they don't have to explain an issue all over again

Pros

It is incredibly flexible. Basic programming that comes out of the box is more than what you need because it anticipates that not all advisors operate the same way. We have used it to save ourselves hours of work and redesigned how it works with us rather than us redesigning how we work. Saving of all emails under client file along with relevant notes. Easy tracking of client service work as well as understanding staff workload issues.

Cons

Like any CRM it takes time to learn and create new work habits yes you should throw away the paper notes. Regulators expectations are moving the bar upwards. Love to see a system map starting with a contact. How do each of the tabs relate to different functions. Because of its rich customizable capabilities it can be overwhelming even for your help desk.

Mark from CenterPoint Commercial Porperties

Maximized for small companies

I use Maximizer as a contact manager with category tracking of contacts. I don’t use sales leads or opportunities as I find their use to be a little cumbersome for what we do and do see the value. I use it because it’s what I’ve used for years. It has features that are valuable to me, but it would be nice to know I could integrate a second or third user to share info. However, for an add on user to share my data, I would likely go to other products due to the challenges with implementation for less tech savvy users.

Pros

The things I like most about Maximizer is the customizability and user defined fields. The ability to set up my crm to look and function exactly the way I want is superior to many other products. Also, then unlimited contacts for the subscription surpasses the value vs the more main stream cloud based crm that charge per contact.

Cons

Integrated apps don’t function seamlessly or are limited. Additionally, the custom features can be tricky to set up if you are not super familiar with the platform. I’ve been using this for 23 years and have grown with the features, but I still have issues finding ways to accomplish setup tasks. Last, at least some monthly customer service should be included with the subscription. Most other paid services provide this.

Sam from Financial Services

Difficult to set-up, pay as you go support, pieced together from other CRM's

If you are not a savvy database programer or don't have a staff member that is, then you will likely find this CRM to be very difficult to use and customize to your practice. The cost keeps increasing and once you have been using the system, the company knows they have you on the hook and will keep the price increases rolling your way. Using this is like being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Pros

Online access from anywhere. Dashboard provides a good overview of your business. Wealth edition has some customization to the financial industry.

Cons

The way it is sold and supported is not CUSTOMER friendly. The resellers charge for everything and don't want to teach you how to be independent of them. They would rather do it for you without educating you. Pretty expensive. The webinar support is inadequate, they won't answer some questions and tell you that they have people you can pay to get that done. We should be able to learn it ourselves. You will have to buy a second access for your Administrative Support person, which is not the case with all competitor products and seems like a cash grab. Subscription is paid annually not monthly, so if you don't like it you are out a big chunk of money. Will not separate out billing for multiple advisors in a firm.

Good Overall Solution

Maximizer helps me simplify organizing my calendar and appointments, makes following up on tasks almost automatic, keeps all my contact info, notes, address updates and all I need to know in one easy to get to place - regardless of where I am. I find working remotely much easier using Maximizer. My staff loves it because they have instant access to all my client notes to help them in their jobs.

Pros

Maximizer has everything I require to easily organize my client relationships without being cluttered up with features I don't need. It is simple, intuitive and easy to use from the beginning and the training modules are great.

Cons

The contact list search engine is awkward - it only flashes the list starting with the first 3 letters, then it disappears and you have to type in the whole name . . . The embedded template feature is gone and is now attached to MSWord - which is an awkward connection. Because I have secure/encrypted email with my company, with severe firewalls - Maximizer cannot link to my corporate outlook email - this is not a significant problem and I would rather have the added protection than the convenience. I can still easily save all email communication through Outlook to Maximizer.

Tom from Galleries West

Industry: Publishing

Maximizer and the cloud

As a small magazine publisher I've used Maximizer to manage ad sales, subscriptions and distribution as well as basic contact management. I expect that Maximizer is even more powerful with a larger organization.

Pros

As a former ACT user, I was originally attracted to Maximizer because of it's link at the time to Quickbooks. I stuck with it when that linkage was dropped because it offered so many other features and flexibility than what I had experienced previously. When we moved from Desktop to a Server for remote connections may patience, time and financial resources were stretched to the limit. I was initially dubious about the cloud solution, particularly concerned about reliability. However that has not been an issue. Maximizer has overdelivered. Calls for technical help have been rare.

Cons

My learning curve was a challenge (several years ago) in part because the program was so powerful. I think a wider range of tutorials and customized templates have probably improved the startup experience. A major nuisance item is the need to use Internet Explorer in order to take advantage of the link with Word templates.

John from CANADIAN ENGRAVERS SUPPLY COMPANY LTD

CESCO MAXIMIZER REVIEW

Pros

Good data base and records keeping ... allows instant recall of important information.

Cons

THIS IS LUDICROUS ! I really cannot believe you did this in the new version ( cloud ) vs. the old version. USER DEFINED FIELDS ... must be entered for EVERY CONTACT NAME despite the fact they generally remain the same for the ADDRESS ENTRY ! An address entry ( Company ) may have many employees and the UDF for the company remains the same IE customer / supplier / competitor etc. For every contact name you must go in and enter all of the data in UDF for each one. This is a complete time waster ! Once you make a new address entry and then enter contacts under that name, the UDF should remain there unless there is an exception. THIS IS ANNOYING TO THE ULITMATE EXTENT !!!!! Imagine entering a corporation and having to do the UDF for every person ! THE OLD VERSION DID MAINTAIN THIS INFORMATION ... This is the most disturbing time waster in the new software and I have advised our I T supplier of this many times.

Ralph from DSM

Long time stand alone user

I am a one man show and have been using several versions of Maximizer since the late 90's. For me, it was best when it was just on a local drive and did not have to be connected to the cloud. I don't need most of the latest features that keep getting added.

Pros

My favorite feature is the ease and speed of recalling a contact name and all of the past jobs history when searching a first or second name. I store all notes and contact information which is great for reviewing many years later as an anecdote reminder when my path crosses with an old contact again.

Cons

Since Version 10 which suited my needs, Maximizer has gone to the cloud which is dead slow at times and crashes 2-3 times per session requiring me to log out, then log back in. Too many feature creepers have been added that I don't need, don't want, and they have just slowed the system down at times to a crawl. Having to "renew" a license every couple of years to be able to continue using it is a pain for someone like me who has built a huge data base so am committed to have to stay.

Paulina from IPC Securities Corp

Maximizer Review

We are able to identify opportunities and keep it at the forefront with this software. All the information we need is at our fingertips on the go.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to use. We have been using this software since the 1990s. We left for a short period to try something new and quickly realized that Maximizer was better than any other product out there, so we switched back. We don't use all the feature however we learn new ones all the time and try to adopt them one by one. We are able to store all information for each every client, make notes, create documents, send email and assign tasks so our service does not fall through any cracks. It real is a great CRM tool

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if I am at a computer that is not used by me. I can't find what web address I need to login. I have to remember to email the website to myself before I leave the office

Judi from Graceful Conception, Inc.

UPGRADING TO LIVE

We have been a long time Maximizer user and overall are very happy with the product and service. The live version was a good upgrade for us overall. The software provides what we need and is user friendly for non techies.

Pros

It mostly allows us to make necessary connections between patients and recipients and to find information we need quickly.

Cons

We use the notes for important medical details and it is a challenge to have to dig through the notes with the live version. The recently added 'search' bar in notes is much appreciated and we're hopeful there will be further improvements to scrolling through notes more efficiently. The possibility of not being able to connect due to a server glitch is very scary to us since we depend on the information relative to providing medication dosage on a daily basis for a medical business. If it goes down we are virtually out of business and unable to provide urgent medical information.

Greg from Credential Asset Management

Maximizer review

Maximizer really helps me to keep track of all the important personal and relevant business information for my clients and I can easily reference this information when I am talking with my clients. It's a great place to store my notes and I always quickly look over my client information on Maximizer before any client meeting to refresh my memory on everything I know about them.

Pros

I like how I can quickly access all of the information I have gathered on my clients and that it is categorized in easy to see areas.

Cons

I find the software a little clunky to use and I often have difficulty editing things how I would like it. For example, I would like to be able to edit some of the drop-down box options to delete options I never use and add things that I would. For example, in the notes section, I would like to have a category in the drop-down box for "withdrawal" but there is no such option and I cannot edit it to add something myself.

David from Vistaplan Financial Group

Highly recommend Maximizer CRM

The Maximizer platform is great but what is even more important is the customer service team is out standing. The customer service team is fast, knowledgeable and friendly. The best.

Pros

I'm in sales. Having a CRM is critical. Being able to track and store documents and emails to clients and prospects keeps me organized. We started scanning in 2007 and today I can see and work on any clients file from any where I have WIFI. All our scanning is in Maximizer. All important documents are in Maximizer. All important emails are attached in Maximizer. Customer service cases are attached in Maximizer with notifications. Our business depends on Maximizer and it has grown with us. Love the software.

Cons

I only wish I could save excel files directly to Maximizer without having to save to the desk top first.

ginette from GoodMinds.com

Long time customer -Book Wholesaler-Store and Publisher (Indigenous)

One stop shop for sharing information in the office including an appointment calendar, notes and a company library.

Pros

I have been working with Maximizer for over 8 years. Since then, Maximizer has evolved and I can now update records and email from anywhere and anytime from my laptop, tablet or cell phone. Lists can be imported and exported in Excel. Maximizer offers webinar training, customer support and a user guide. Maximizer provides templates for building email campaigns.

Cons

A wish list-A more user friendly campaign builder for large communication marketing via emails which creates records of clientele who visit promotional material sent to them, unsubscribe, email bounce. Maximizer has synchronized our records with Mailchimp but there is an additional cost for Mailchimp for maintaining the list of subscribers.

Daily necessity of my business

I keep detailed client meeting notes, important dates and follow-ups are automatic. I don't personally utilize the email integration within Maximizer, and hope that some day soon Maximizer will release functionality with MacOS for Outlook Integration, as this would be a huge pro for my business / work-day.

Pros

Customizable to your businesses needs and functions. Organization of all client data and notes. Follow up functionality, and searchable User Defined Fields a huge asset. Access from web/cloud based from anywhere.

Cons

Outlook integration compatibility does not work with MacOS which is a huge negative for me. The Windows Outlook & Word compatibility is seamless though.

Response from Maximizer Software

Replied March 2019

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We're happy to hear Maximizer is having such a positive impact on your business, and want to assure you we are working on improving the Outlook MacOS integration.

Upgrades

Pros

After many years, we upgraded our on-premise version and the way the tech installed it, it grew out of proportion and blew up our server. After a lot of conversations with their support team, we eventually got things up and running again on a new server and this time it didn't grow so big. Then we decided to move to the cloud version. While our database wasn't that big, for some reason our files still were. But their conversion team worked wonders and brought it down to a manageable size again so we weren't paying a fortune for data size. The training was better this time as well as the support team.

Cons

Can't sort UDFs or search for things that were easier to do with our on-premise version.

Javier from Donovan & Cromwell

Clunky, undeveloped; Not useful

It was not a good experience. Nothing was as advertised, from the user experience to the security of purchase. The address book was not able to be converted from the Leads module and the maps feature wasn’t able to connect from Leads. The mobile version has a lot of bugs and isn’t very functional. They have a tutorial, yet aren’t proactive in distributing it to new users. Their focus is on sales. And it’s not a very salable product in my opinion. The worst aspect of this company is that they aren’t risk free. If you purchase a year software and decide after a few weeks it simply isn’t for your company, there are no refunds. I had to initiate a chargeback with my bank after being told that “unfortunately, due to the terms and conditions...” No customer wants to hear that. They tried to bully me into keeping their software. There are far too many options in 2021 for CRM to be forced into one, especially one so difficult to use. When I asked about a feature that I needed, I was told, “Perhaps later this year...” Not what I need if I’m paying good money for a software. Their sales VP wouldn’t call me when I requested a call after being denied a refund. When I went through their main website again after my experience with Maximizer, I noticed that everything they advertise is not in line with the product they put out. They say that there’s a free trial available. Not the truth. Any company who can’t be trusted to keep their word on something so simple isn’t reputable.

Pros

The sales team was excellent. Some features work well, but no better than free versions of other softwares.

Cons

This maybe would have been a good CRM in say, 1999. It’s antiquated and didn’t serve the needs of my business. I used well-known CRM previously and didn’t find Maximizer to be better than the free version of that one. There was a disconnect in usage that wasn’t able to be overcome by myself or my employees in several weeks of trials.

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM

The sales team was consistent in keeping contact.

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

Thought it would be an improvement.

Jacob from Richardson GMP

Industry: Investment Management

A good piece of CRM Software

Overall experience is quite positive from an administrator end, from a user perspective I have & have helped people who have had problems navigating and using Maximzier to its fullest potential when they are brand new to the platform.

Pros

Maximizer in comparison to some of it's competitors runs a very light & simplistic method of storing data. This is mainly in respect to have to act as the admin for the data, but Maximizer exports and imports quite nicely from most data subsets which makes maintaining data on a day to day that much easier.

Cons

The site is very dated (especially before the reskin of 2017), and this causes user intuitiveness of finding things were one expects them to be quite difficult. At this point it is a difficult process to properly bring the website into the 21st century, since a massive overhaul would leave many existing users lost.

Clint from Panda Security South Africa

Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM really helps sort and store all our contacts in a central location, making life very easy for all users. Finding someone's details is a few clicks away.

Pros

- Super easy to use - Web Access version is really light-weight and as comprehensive as the application - Helps will efficiency across the business

Cons

- The search feature isn't as smart as you'd like it to be

Response from Maximizer Software

Replied April 2019

Hello Clint, thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your thoughts. We're happy to hear your business is benefiting from using Maximizer. I can assure you we are always working on ways to improve the functionality of the software. I have passed your feedback regarding the search feature to our product development team to look into. Best regards, Michael

Penney from Stone and Company Investment and Insurance Planning

Investor business review

Overall experience has been excellent. I can't imagine doing business without it.

Pros

I really like the client data base features. It allows easy access to all our client information. The outlook integration is an excellent feature, and we can save all our correspondence to the data base. We send a newsletter to all our clients through maximizer which is very easy to do.

Cons

The only struggle I've had is reading the manual when trying to trouble shoot as it doesn't always list the steps as clearly as I would like. For instance when adding a field. I do finally get there and when I've run into problems the support team have been excellent.

Sofia from Screen Engine/ASI

Problematic for old licenses, but the new portal is great

It's great. We have a lot of information to track and maintain, many many contacts, and we love using Maximizer.

Pros

It's great! It's always easy to log in, simple to navigate, customizable... Love it!

Cons

We had an old license prior to cloud computing, with a previous version of Maximizer that was installed into a PC. When we had to migrate to the could version, we were frequently told by Maximizer customer service that migration wouldn't work and we would need to be charged $500+ for migration services (manual entry). Eventually they figured out a way to do it for us, but it took around 6-8 months of insisting. Once on the new cloud portal, everything works great.

Flexible, but can be time consuming to set up

My overall experience has been good with Maximizer. Now that it is set up the way I want, I have little to complain about, but I would suggest that they should have a very basic initial set up, with users adding fields as needed. What I found was that there were 1000's of fields to choose your set up from, and I ended up deleting a lot of them just to reduce clutter.

Pros

The software allows you to build a very strong relationship management process for your clients. You can customize virtually everything, and there is very little you can't do with the software. It is unlikely you will have a need that it cannot meet.

Cons

The software does not come out of the box in a user friendly fashion. It also isn't intuitive to make changes, and in my experience it comes with too many pre-sets which feels overwhelming. It can take quite a long time to get things trimmed down to what you need, and then grow it from there. The dashboard features are also extremely ugly and I have not found much of a use for them.

Graham from Cookie Jar Queenz

Maximizer needs to keep up with the times

The ease of usage is great. Tracking and closing of task remains top of mind

Pros

Value for money compared to Salesforce. Ideally a step up from Microsoft Excel.

Cons

Not great. Upgrades not compatible with current data, had to reload info again. Battling with integration.

The added features

Bill from Bill Clarke Insurance and Financial Services Inc.

I enjoy how it is easy to use and navigate. You are able to specify and tailor everything to your customized needs. You are able to select what you want viable and what you want to be implemented. There is also easy to use the filing system that allows the reduction of paper files. There is a learning curve involved when you first start using it but once you work past that it is easy to use and figure out new features. I would recommend this product for small to medium size companies. They also have great customer support if you ever have any problems or questions, they will also assist you in tailoring the program to your company's needs. There are training videos available to assist in the learning process that I found extremely helpful when starting to use Maximizer CRM live.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

xxxx

Chuck from E.T. Bely Inc

Industry: Packaging and Containers

Maximizer Review

I ended up going back to my old version of Maximizer as I found it a lot more effective and user friendly. I informed Maximizer that I was dong this and asked for someone to provide me with a copy of my information from the latest Maximizer system. This they would only do if I paid them additional money to do this. I also contacted technical support to explain my annoyance. No-one responded. So I sent an e-mail to the supervisor as shown below. I did not get any response back from them on that. I would not consider using Maximizer again. I had been a loyal customer for over 20 years. Hello Supervisor, Just wanted to pass on my comment. Your team are not responding to my last 2 e-mails. I do find that disappointing. I have been a customer upgrading my programs as they came available for over 20 years. I chose not to upgrade as I am not as happy with the latest cloud version of Maximizer. I have gone back to using my older Maximizer CRM 12 that I found was better and easier to use for my needs. Should I be forced to upgrade when my computer will need to be upgraded then your service response makes me question whether I will consider Maximizer.

Pros

I found it took too much time to get training on this system.

Cons

It was not an easy transition from my previous Maximizer. I found it difficult to use and even the technical support people could not always answer questions that I had.

Eric from Enertechnix Process Sensors Inc.

Maximizer CRM used in manufacturing is a great tool.

I have been using Maximizer for many years now. I have incorporated it in the sales and service teams several of the companies I have worked for. The program is easy to use and the fact that it easily integrates with Outlook and other e-mail programs, helps early user adoption. We actively track all our interactions with the various end-users we have as well as our reps and distributors on a worldwide basis.

Pros

Easy to use and very intuitive. Has most features/modules needed for tracking projects and the sales pipeline.

Cons

Could benefit from a integrated quoting/part configurator program.

not much guidance

not great, lots of money upfront, terrible initial integration with moving minimal data over from outlook and our HO dataphile, not customized support

Pros

my tech guy (that i had to pay) had more success than i did with them.

Cons

I am a busy professional (CPA, CA) in the business for almost 25 years and used Janna and Act in the past and found Maximizer not well suited for me to get up and running. It was not easy to train and to have the conversion do what you want, eg. mass emails, electronic birthday cards, easy team access to pdf attachments, we had to do too much customization given we bought the financial advisor version

Kathryn from Sheffield Hallam University

Doesn't work in all settings

We use it as a CRM for clients accessing a service - so not a sales function

Pros

Can access online (if using the right browsers) - so don't have to have it installed on your device. Fairly easy to navigate as a user.

Cons

Doesn't work in Safari? Formatting of emails often goes wrong Very clunky looking I only have experience of it as a user though

Response from Maximizer Software

Replied March 2020

Hi Kathryn, Thank you for leaving a review of Maximizer! Here at Maximizer we value Customer Experience and I notice you are having issues with Safari. Please feel free to reach out to our support team: support@maximizer.com They will be able to help get you up and running or if needed, get an issue in front of our product team so we can get you using Maximizer as would work best for you! We look forward to hearing from you! Adam Wilson Head of Customer Success

Robert from The Drafting Clinic Canada Ltd.

Industry: Printing

Maximizer makes data handy.

Maximizer has helped me maintain regular contact with quality customers and recognize opportunity with new potential clients.

Pros

Our database of customer information does not translate well to laptop and mobile device use, so Maximizer is the best way to keep up to date. Finding customer listings and adding notes, leads and details specific to each is easy and thorough. The process also prompts the user to follow up and make use of the wealth of capability in the software.

Cons

Manipulating the various types of lists and producing reports is sometimes not as intuitive as one would like.

Tammy from T&A Photography

Maximizer user review

We decided to stick with Maximizer and upgraded to the newest version mainly because it was an easier transition with the least amount of error is transferring all of our customer info. We also like the fact that it is a cloud based software so that we can access it from anywhere and no longer face the terror of losing all of our info if our computer were to crash.

Pros

I recently upgraded from a very old version and appreciate how easy the transition was and how similar they have kept the product.

Cons

There are a lot of upgraded features, which is great, but I find I definitely need to take the courses. Which is a great feature that they offer.

Jasmine from Raymond James Ltd.

Maximizer Overview

My overall experience has been amazing. If I have any problems your website is easy to navigate through to find help or even contacting maximize support has done wonders for me.

Pros

Navigation through the database is simple and easy. It has a lot of features that do not exist in CRM that are beneficial for advisors and their support staff. I really like the "Schedule an Action Plan". I have an appreciation for the online courses and webinars that Maximizer holds. I find something new about the system anytime I participate.

Cons

Sometimes it is very slow when I track any emails and update my contacts. It will freeze up and boot me out so I have to sig back in. Not too sure if this may be a connection problem or a problem with the system itself.

Kevin from KTR Video Productions, Ltd.

Maximizer

I am very please with the software. I had a chance a few months back to change CRM's and I actually made that decision to change but after using the other CRM I cancel and went back to Maximizer. So much easier to use.

Pros

I like the interface of the Maximizer software make it very easy to sort and find specific clients. I use the Hot-list section on a daily basis and it again makes it very easy to find the clients you need to contact on a specific day..

Cons

Some of there add on or third party software partner do not always work properly or I should say work without a lot of effort to get them to work.

Pamela from Glendinning Insurance Services

Maximzer

Overall, it works for what we use. I have been with Maximizer for over 25 years. The cost continues to increase and of course that is a factor.

Pros

I like that we have one place to look for information on our clients. We have saved a lot of trees because of this feature. I don't use a lot of the features available through Maximizer, but this one is critical.

Cons

I would like to be able to send out appointment invites. I really would like a search option so we can find files saved under each client easier. This one would save us a lot of time.

Dorothy from Okanagan College

Great Potential

I've been working with Maximizer for over a year and still have a long way to go to maximize the benefits of Maximizer.

Pros

I see the potential in Maximizer. It has many features that can make your job easier. In the best case scenario, it becomes your go to platform for organizing your priorities, activities and goal setting.

Cons

The biggest obstacle for me is the mount of data entry and customization to make it flow for our company. It is labour intensive. Permissions restrict customization which I understand but it can become frustrating customizing it to meet our needs. Two main departments use Maximizer and the logistics of making it work seamlessly for both is challenging. I spend a lot of time documenting my concerns in very clear terms in order to work with Maximizer specialists to address our issues. This interferes with my priorities and results in me abandoning my efforts.

David from WSI Edmonton

Every business needs a CRM

Great product, out standing service. The service maximizer provides is second to none, the best I’ve seen.

Pros

Maximizer provides the focus of our business. Including a segmented contact list, a dash board with details about the services customers have with us, all paper relating to customers scanned into maximizer (no longer using files) and marketing tools. Maximizer is no longer optional for our business. Great software.

Cons

The parts we liked least really had to do with our knowleadge. As our knowleadge about the software grows the less we dislike.

Maximizer Rocks!!

In our organizaton, Maximizer is key in tracking all aspects of our membership, such as: status, renewals, membership dues and activities, ie: when and how we connect with them either by phone or email and by attaching related docs, ie: membership forms and any correspondence with them.

Pros

The ability to customize fields, views and templates and the ability to attach documents to a profile. It's also very user friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

Having to type in "DELETE" for every deletion. I would prefer to just "click" on a "Yes /No" to confirm or abort of a deletion.

James from JBK Holdings Inc.

max review

We are a small user and have used the software for a very long time. We enjoyed the on line feature of accessing info but were ill informed when we realized we have no control over our backups. We would ilke to subscribe to a much scaled down version of the software and have control over our backups but were told this is not available. We want our data and notes back in our own backup system and a version that costs much less .

Pros

The software has very many features - the majority of which we do not use or have any use for

Cons

sometimes the software is much too complex with an overload of features.

Mat from Equate Financial Management

My experience with maximizer is good. We dont need it for a lot of things so it does what we want and thats good enough for us. I do think it could get upgraded to looking a bit nicer.

Pros

It does exactly what we need it to. Sync emails, have a good calendar, allows for lots of contacts, set tasks.

Cons

It can be confusing to use. The layout isn't the easiest to find out where things are and what they do. Like gmail contacts and tracking. It is also a pretty basic looking program, could use an update to make it look more modern and contemporary.

Maximizer CRM

We've had Maximizer for about 11 years now & for the most part it fits our company needs very well.

Pros

Very easy to use & can do basic customization for companies needs. Takes very little training to get new employees to be able to use the database.

Cons

The inability to do multiple search functions (and, if, or, = etc). Have had a lot of error problems with our CRM since last upgrade. Would be great to be able to customize the database through the back end ourselves rather than having to pay Maximizer to create add-ons

Gavin from Bioscience International

Really great product

Pros

I love the integration with Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and the workflows are really easy to use and customize to your organization's needs.

Cons

They need to document their Office integration much better. For example if you don't use Internet Explorer then you basically can't edit any documents, but they aren't clear on this up-front. Also they say they support 32 and 64 bit versions of Office, but this is not true for the Excel quote plugin (which is not documented anywhere I could find).

Laureen from Money Syneregy

Well rounded software

Pros

I find this software has many aspects which makes it more appealing the biggest are the ways that it integrates with Word, Outlook, Quickbooks and other apps. All the information you need is in one place - emails, tasks, communications, contact information.

Cons

The software has taken some time to learn. I don't find it so easy to modify the User defined fields. In the past I have needed to do some digging to figure out what icons meant what and also how to modify fields.