All Ontraport Reviews

Reviewed May 2021

Great for a marketing CRM

Mitch

Reviewed November 2017

Ontraport is so powerful and flexible - almost to the point of overwhelm

The biggest benefit is that it allows us to intelligently segment our customers and have a true CRM where we can see what happened when and troubleshoot errors.

PROS

You can just do so much with this software. It's amazing to have the ability to use such a powerful tool where we can design helpful systems for all aspects of our business without ever having to pay or consult a developer. The new updates they have made to the software have been amazing, and I love how there is always a helpful support person just one click away if you ever get stuck.

CONS

Because the software can do so much and is so flexible, it can be a bit overwhelming and at times confusing because you end up doing things in a non-standard way which can lead to a messy account.

Hi Mitch! There are so many possibilities within ONTRAPORT. A best practice is to think through each process and what reporting you would like before building. You can always share your build with the ONTRAPORT Facebook User Community to get feedback before launching. Our experts and power users usually do this to see if there are other ways to build more efficiently.

Andres

Reviewed May 2021

Great software but you have to be an advanced user to use it properly

I've been using ontraport for more than 6 years and it's a great tool, but you have to be an advanced user to use it properly.

PROS

Very complete for marketing automations and advanced marketing campaigns that include lead generation and sales (including one click upsells), however, it's for advanced users.

CONS

The user interface needs work, specifically metrics and reports. It's too complex and need many filters to get what you want.

Reasons for switching to Ontraport

Needed better marketing campaigns.

Thanks for your feedback, Andres. We understand that there is a learning curve with the app (as there is for most technology) which is why we've launched Ontraport University. OPU offers 150+ video lessons on all things Ontraport and is free to all our users. Check it out here: https://ontraport.com/university

Replied May 2022

1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

I Tried It for 6 Months This Is What I Found:

I had a few really hard sales people; just not very nice. After my first (kind-of) set up call, I just stopped doing it because I was told everything I had been doing (for the last 10 years) was old, wrong, and shoddy. I was informed the only way to fix it was with Ontraport. In 20+ years of business, that one on-boarding call ranks one of my worst experiences. Just because of that, I can't recommend Ontraport to anyone that I know. I'd never want my business or my name associated with a company that talks to people the way that I had been talked to. What I've come away with: Ontraport has the best customer service (amazing people and policies, just fabulous!) but they don't pay their affiliates and they use mean, fear-based high pressure sales to get you to upgrade or to keep you from cancelling.

PROS

The landing pages are fabulous! You can add a sales forms and up-sale sections. If you understand sales funnels, you may really like it. They have great customer service and there's always a way to talk to someone. You can chat with someone, schedule mini-screen share sessions and schedule longer training calls. All of my customer service interactions were fabulous.

CONS

There was a lacking in the template area, for me. It was not a simple as it would seem- my stuff kept crashing; I don't recommend larger images, files, or .gifs. They don't support .html, so if you have things you want to embed, it's a chore and there isn't any technical support. It's a lot of work for one person. This would be better for a mid-size or larger company. I wouldn't recommend it for any sole proprietors, independents or contractors. Beware of the affiliate program, just keep a watch on it: I signed up under a friend of mine. They never got the affiliate pay out. They should have been paid for 6 months. When I complained, they put in a ticket and he was only paid for 4 months. Plus, they hold any commissions for 90 days. If your sign up doesn't stay for over 90 days, you don't get paid at all.

Reason for choosing Ontraport

Ontraport was the first software/company of this type that I've tried. I cancelled my subscription the day before my 7th month (paid) was renewed. I had gotten a free trial to start; two different accounts, very confusing. I ended up trying them for 7 months total; 6 months paid. It makes a difference. You can't try everything during your free trial. It's a bit of a waste.

Brooke

Reviewed August 2022

Very versatile

Ontraport is a great platform and they are making it better all the time.

PROS

The automations are great. You can create campaigns that automate a lot of tasks and triggers in a single campaign.

CONS

It doesn't connect with a lot of other r platforms. The tracking and dashboard isn't very good compared to Keap.

Cheaper

Couldn't run multiple products

Hi Brooke! We're consistently adding new integrations to the platform so keep an eye out. Thanks for the feedback!

Replied February 2023

Reviewed April 2018

Good in theory, buggy overall

Not having to juggle between a bunch of other software.

PROS

Ontraport does a lot of things. For the small businesses that are just starting and not sure what they want, Ontraport is great.

CONS

Ontraport made me terrified of all-in-one solution packages. It does a lot of things... but nothing well. Every solution that it solves also has a huge "Yes, BUT..." Rising prices, followed by my inability to do what I need for it to do perfectly, has made me leave Ontraport. Like, being able to control permissions for wordpress pages is neat. But incredibly tedious to disable access when there's a lot of content. Subscriptions would be hard to manage if the customer had multiple products. Email campaigns were difficult to execute. Just a long laundry list of problems. If you're a small business that DOES know what you want, and the software to handle it -- I recommend that solution instead.

Thank you for your honest review. We would love to hear more about what your needs are so that we can submit them as feature releases. While we continue to bring core functionalities businesses need under one roof, we appreciate getting feedback from our users so we can continue to grow alongside the market. Please submit to our support team at support@ontraport.com.

Francois Pascal

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2023

It's an exceptional tool for developing marketing strategies.

PROS

This tool allows me to automate, connect and optimize my marketing via social media marketing, e-mail advertising, A/B testing, visitor tracking for better conversion and analytics.

CONS

Apart from its relatively high cost, I haven't encountered any major problems with this tool.

Thanks for this, Francois! We appreciate the positive feedback!

Replied November 2023

Abel

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Ontraport Helps In My Business Growth

Ontraport is a "DO IT YOURSELF" platform that delivers essential and effective business features, like marketing automation, a powerful CRM system, outstanding email delivery, etc. It is my best email marketing campaign platform.

PROS

Ontraport Sales and its automation documents to clients are amazing. They have an effective customer support system and are always there to render any possible assistance whenever I experience any issue.

CONS

They don't have flexible mobile App features, to have the best experience with Ontraport, I recommend using their desktop version. It will be super cool if you could improve your email tracking for each individual user.

Hello Abel. We appreciate your feedback as we always look to our customer reviews to see how we can best improve our platform. Mobile app is still in the works so stay tuned and thanks for the positive review. :)

Melissa

Reviewed January 2019

Phenomenal software and customer support

This company and its software is incredible. I've worked with many softwares in the past and never run into customer service like this.

PROS

We are on our way to taking over the world using this software. It has opened up so many doors for us. Originally, we were looking for a software to create a "drip" email marketing campaign. After talking to ONTRAPORT customer service about all the features, we ended up completely migrating our CRM from another software. We even use it to create customized landing pages for our clients. We've done way more than we ever intended to do with ONTRAPORT. The customer service, training, and knowledge base are out of this world.

CONS

The only thing I find somewhat frustrating is the inability to do certain things. For example, when I'm creating a new email, I have certain limitations for what I can do to the text in an email or the formatting. There's usually a somewhat comparable workaround, and they add new features regularly, but it is a little annoying when you have a vision you can't completely bring to life immediately.

Hi Melissa! Thanks for the raving review. We're so happy that our software and support team have helped you do more than you had imagined. That's what we like to hear.

Replied February 2019

Steven

Environmental Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Complicated + Expensive....Better Options In My Experience

Frustrating and expensive would be the best way to sum it up. ActiveCampaign feels like a better option that costs less....if you're going to go with an expensive option with all the features + potential power, might as well go with InfusionSoft If you're going to use an InfusionSoft or an Ontraport....you better be (or have someone on team) with some technical chops + patience for troubleshooting.

PROS

It is essentially a 'full stack' tool in that you can create your marketing web pages and forms in Ontraport that then connect directly to your CRM, email, marketing automation, etc tools It has the potential to be powerful and allow what would normally take multiple tools to be housed all in one.

CONS

It was complicated to use. It was honestly easier to manage multiple different tools and tie them together via Zapier or API or other integrations. Had multiple frustrating issues working with the Ontraport tool to the point where we ended up switching away.

Ashlee

Reviewed January 2018

A clunky system that was just average as a shopping cart

PROS

I liked the notes option, so I could track updates on customers made to accounts by other members of the team. This gave Ontraport a few CRM functionalities.

CONS

We had a lot of trouble with this as a shopping cart. It was unreliable at best and I found it difficult to find the data I needed in a straightforward way. We have since switched to HubSpot for campaigns and UltraCart for our shopping cart, and find the integration there to be simpler and more reliable than Ontraport alone.

Hi Ashlee! Sorry to hear about your experience. Sounds like you have found out that we are not a shopping cart and we aren't the best fit for your needs. Happy to hear you have found the right solution.

Rebecca

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business

Amazing experience from the day I joined over 4 years ago until today.

PROS

I love this CRM! Ontraport has changed the way I do business and I recommend it to all my clients (and let's face it - to anyone who will listen). The support is wonderful and the platform is powerful. You can set up any funnel you can dream up! Before OP, I was overworked, after getting OP I have so much more time to pour into my clients. You won't regret making the leap! Questions - ask me!

CONS

The only thing is that at the time of this review they don't YET have countdown timers in their emails - but the key word is "YET" because they are always taking new feature requests from their community.

Reason for choosing Ontraport

Kajabi - and I first got this platform, but it didn't do what I was wanting - so I went with Ontraport, had everything I needed, and have not looked back!

Reviews like this one is what keeps us doing what we do. Glad you've found Ontraport to be successful for your business. Thanks Rebecca!

Reviewed April 2022

Great potential, but doesn't work

We've invested hundreds of hours, only to find core elements (split testing and analytics) don't work, as well as massive page load speed issues. Have waited ages for support, which is awful if they don't know the answer..

PROS

Amazing page builder, with templates and global blocks. Super easy to use.

CONS

No European support - you have to wait until 4pm for answers. Often page load times very slow. Statistics and Split test don't work

Clickfunnels Getresponse

The promise of better!

Glad to hear you've enjoyed using our page builders and templates! We understand the time zones can be frustrating without 24 hour support our support team has won many awards for the white-glove service we provide and a big part of that is because we don't outsource international support teams. We hear you and appreciate your feedback.

Replied May 2022

Hannah

Online Media, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Customer Service is AMAZING

First of all, their customer service is AMAZING. Every time I have a question, each support person is quick to answer, and is super kind. I had an extensive chat with someone today, and he helped me SOOO much. I have never seen such quick, helpful, and NICE customer service EVER until Ontraport!!!!

PROS

Customer service, their ability to go above and beyond, availability for screen shares

CONS

it is a little confusing at first, but with their awesome customer service team, they help in a jiffy!

Thanks for this positive review, Hannah! We'll be sure to pass this message along to our support team. :)

Maria

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2019

Complete and Useful Digital Marketing Tool

I´m happy with it and the clients that are paying and using the tool are happy too. I can see the entire campaign results in only one software, saving a lot of time and effort.

PROS

It allows me to have all the assets and platform of a funnel in one software, so I can analyze in which part are my leads or my clients; I can easily know which part of my funnel is broken. On Ontraport you can create entire campaigns, landings, email marketing, SMS reminders, etc. It also works as CRM so your marketing and Sales team can be on the same page.

CONS

It´s not easy to use, we lose quite a time trying to understand it and even when we have this software for more than a year not all the members of my team know how to use it or use it at it´s most.

Victor

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Poor Tool, Poor User Experience, Poor Customer Services

PROS

Cancelling the account - very little about the tool is good enough

CONS

bad email formatting - lead tracking - customer support - interface

Price

Superior product

Justin

Reviewed January 2018

Transfered my email services to Ontraport this year. Sales & Efficiency has improved!

Increased sales per send from previous platform.

PROS

I really like the hands on customer service, we have had multiple "how to" conference calls that were extremely helpful. I also like the easy, clean templates. The Email automation has improved our efficiency.

CONS

None off the top of my head really. I have only been using this for 6-12 months. Would be nice to be able to update or delete sales transactions from a customer profile.

Hi Justin! Thank you for the perfect rating. We like you too!

Dani