• Pros

• "I love the functionality and the ability to save me time when calling in blocks. The workflow is very intuitive and easy to use. "

• "Easy to use, great support, and gets the job done. They have a great team that consistently goes above and beyond to help you out when you necessary. "

• "I love how I can increase my intake and outtake with minimal effort on my end. Outreach allows automation in places that has saved me hundreds of hours since i've started using it. "

• Cons

• "Although it was easy to use, it did take some time to learn the process. I also wish outreach had a more open API to our staff developers."

• "There are some weird bugs at times but their support team is stellar in squashing them quickly. "

• "The only drawback is that they always add new features without fine-tuning the original product. Overall, it is one of the best on the market and has come a long way in the last year. "

Browse Outreach Reviews

Nate from Gong.io

Best sales sequencing tool on the market, hands down

Overall, I'm a huge fan of Outreach. It's a tool that I'll look for in my next company or at least recommend. If you have a large SDR and Inside Sales force, it's just silly not to invest in this technology. I save so much time on my prospecting and it holds me accountable. The reports on your progress are easy and when I work with my SDR multi-threading into an account, we can see each other's activity so we don't overlap.

Pros

At first, Outreach can look a bit overwhelming, but once you get through some early training, it will become second nature and best friend for prospecting. We also use Outreach as our dialer. What I love most is the ability to make quality drip campaigns, email sequencing that can be combined with phone and LinkedIn messaging, along with integrating with SFDC. I'm also a big fan of using Snippets which is a great way to create short sentences or data that you want to include in emails, while not going overboard on boring templates.

Cons

Not much, other than there's a lot going on. There are account and prospect views that you can build reports on top of that I really never use, but I'm sure could be useful. If you can focus on core functionality, then it's really quite easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

This was before my time, but from what I hear from the reps that had SL before, they prefer Outreach hands down.

Florence from CARTO

Made our SDRs way more productive

Great experience. Smooth during the sales cycle. Connects well to other solutions, pulling in key data on prospects. Product roadmap is also exciting (i.e. prospect insights and intelligence improving over time with AI insights).

Pros

We moved across from Groove to Outreach and this was one of the best decisions we made. Outreach connects much better to other tools in our stack and the functionality is on another level. Outreach has enabled our SDRs to stop wasting time context switching between loads of tabs and focus on prospecting, maximizing their time prospecting. I am a big fan of Outreach!

Cons

It would be great if it were simple to include a profile picture without the weird needing to have an avatar process on another platform.

Reasons for Choosing Outreach

Industry standard. Connectivity. Great UX.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

Groove was clunky and the support wasn't up to scratch.

Outreach for Sales & Marketing

Great experience per my previous comments on ease of use and functionality. I love snippets and personalization features!

Pros

We used to use groove and outreach is a huge improvement. It is very easy to set-up sequences with personalization, linked content from highspot or direct url, and create snippets for dropping in different images or content features. I am able to set-up sequences for sales to support marketing programs and craft message and content used. I can look at reporting metrics within the sequence to see who is using, how many contacts are active/pending/paused and draw conclusions on effectiveness of the messaging.

Cons

I only create sequences for sales versus actually sending them, but I think there was some confusion on how to add contacts or to make them active in one sequence over another. We use contact list views in Salesforce to add contacts, which seems to work but not sure if there is another way that is less manual than building out the list views- like linking to campaign?

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

Groove wasn’t meeting our needs and was incredibly manual.

Brenda from Globalscape

Use of Outreach and support

Tired of being lied to, ignored, and being told the issues are ours when they aren't. It's just one horrible mess after another. I get having growing pain for a company but your's seems to not be anywhere ready for widespread use! And learn to treat your customer's better. They are your bread and butter!

Pros

It's pretty easy to use and figure out. Not much help is needed to make it work.

Cons

Quality and support! Outreach experiences issues regularly. There's always something wrong with it. What's worse is when you put in a support ticket, they always give you some generic issue that its on the customer's side. That's not the case! You then later find out that they lied and are exeriencing an outage. Then you ask repeatedly for a call back because your manager is upset with them and they can't bother to do that! They won't even acknowledge your request!

Reasons for Choosing Outreach

The old VP really wanted to give the underdog a shot. Thinking that wasn't in the best interest of our company. I'm pushing to get another product in here because of the way I was treated last time. If you don't change how you treat us here, I will make that happen!

Great, but not perfect

Overall Outreach is a great tool for scaling out productivity but it seems to lack features in being able to automate follow ups on a one-off basis. You can schedule one email for further out but will have to actively remind yourself to continue following up which reduces the value automation can provide to a sales professional.

Pros

Outreach is a fantastic tool that enables me and my colleagues to be much more productive in our sales outreach. It's great to be able to schedule emails in advance and even put prospects into sequences for more extended outreach efforts (no pun intended) without the need to actively manage and pay attention to them. It's also great at helping keep me organized in terms of tasks I need to follow up on like calls. They're ability to track email opens and clicks is also extremely valuable in identifying which prospects are engaging most with the material I send over. Outreach also has some other analytics that seem somewhat helpful as well, though haven't dug too much into these or really leveraged them to great extent for our team.

Cons

There are some features that leave me wanting though. There are instances where I'd like to add just a slight bit of personalization for a very select few members of a sequenced group but in order to do that, I either need to have a reminder to catch that scheduled email right before it sends out (which defeats the purpose of the automation) or create an entirely new sequence just for 1 or 2 people which can really bog up my sequence view. Cheaper solutions like Yesware are able to allow for automated one-off sequences or email chains with a log built in to stop following emails if there's a response. Seems like it should be a fairly straight forward functionality but it's noticeably lacking in this platform.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

Ultimately the contract was a little cheaper and the rep highlighted a few bells and whistles that were lacking in Salesloft such as the analytics. However in actually using the software the analytics seem like they need to be taken with a grain of salt. Perhaps I was educated properly on it but when analyzing call metrics, it's hard to derive real insights because it's unclear as to whether the connect rates are being tracked according to the prospect's time zone or ours.

Lauren from Workfront

Outreach is my favorite sales tool

I am a big fan of Outreach. I think all Sales, Marketing & Sales Development teams should use it. Automation is the future!

Pros

I love the ease of use. I work with many people new to sales, new to our industry and they fall in love with outreach. It automates our sales strategy. It helps us follow a cadence or campaign on emailing, calling, sending a LinkedIn message, etc. Without it, we would struggle to follow up with our clients.

Cons

There are some small things that I don't like with Outreach. Things get stuck in failed & pending states and you are not notified... These are usually found too late as well. Wish there was more of an aggressive notification when things happen that we should be aware of. Also - I would love for them to build out their interface better for closing roles and marketing roles. We have it for our SDRs but would struggle to have marketing and account executives use the tool at the same time.

Reasons for Choosing Outreach

Ease of use. Better security in mass emailing cadences.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

More personalized and account based targeting model.

Outreach Review

Great sales platform for teams looking to become more organized and increase their prospecting efforts.

Pros

Great sales engagement platform for any sales org looking to take their prospecting analytics and reporting to the next level. Sequencing, call recording, prospecting tracking, Salesforce integration are all great.

Cons

Very click heavy. I've had a lot of glitchy experiences where imports, mail merges, sequences fail and there is not a clear explanation as to why.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

Not my decision, but leadership had a relationship with Outreach leadership.

Very impressed

Pros

The reporting and amount of features is incredible to a point where I get embarrassed at our own efforts. Spectacular onboarding and overall experience getting started considering the technical part was quite immersive in our backend and Salesforce.

Cons

It is becoming a bit more troublesome to navigate and figure out a perfect solution but it seems to be addressed with the help of more CS and help desk articles.

Reasons for Choosing Outreach

Not directly related to the product but I thought their content marketing was better and made me believe more in the people behind the product.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

The IP phone integration as part of a sequence is the best I've ever seen.

Great Sales Engagement Platform

So far the implementation and training team have been great. The product is reliable and really helping our team work faster.

Pros

Outreach makes it easy for my sales reps to take action on leads. There are ways to automate many steps they would have to do manually, thereby giving them more opportunity to focus in other areas. Outreach is very customizable.

Cons

Setup is complicated. It isn't just "plug and play". Until you spend a decent amount in the product, it is hard to remember how to get to everything.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

Looking for a system that was a little more robust than Groove.

Outreach for automating sales tasks

Outreach helps our inside sales team automate the engagement process and helps them to contact potential opportunities with sequences and templates.

Pros

Outreach provides a way to engage easier with prospects and leads in addition to automating sales and marketing tasks that were time consuming.

Cons

In managing multiple users, it isn't as easy to divide tasks between a group as it is to run individual tasks and automations.

Reasons for Choosing Outreach

Outreach had the integrations that we needed and the right price point.

Very powerful software. Great integrations with SFDC and Gmail as well that make it super easy .

Outreach makes it so easy to meet that crucial nexus point in sales of volume + quality of messaging. Being able to have measured feedback on how well your emails are received means you can keep tweaking until you get open and response rates as high as possible. It makes me faster as a sales rep and more data driven as a team.

Pros

Outreach can do a TON. Being able to import a list of leads and have relevant info show such as title, last contact, etc.. is an amazing time saver when trying to make sure you're list (csv, sfdc report, etc..) is 'clean' and good to go. Being able to call directly through the platform is a huge time saver as well. All of the reporting around your sequences is a huge win. I will go through all of my sequences once every week or so to see what's doing well, what isn't, and tweak to optimize performance. There is a huge amount of data you can use to compare yourself to others, measure the efficacy of your outreach, and collaborate on best practices with team members. Over all Outreach is a huge win and is very well integrated with every one we use from a customer facing team perspective (gmail, sfdc, Linkedin)

Cons

Outreach feels like they are probably an engineering first design second kind of company. I say that because their software can do SO MUCH, but it's not always intuitive how to do specific things. It has taken me awhile to get fully up to speed on some of the tips and tricks that really make outreach awesome. This is barely a con, more so just a training or user experience comment. Outreach can do so much it'd be tough for them to make every little feature super easy to find and obvious. Perhaps some more specific live onboarding/training would be helpful as well.

Scott from Predictable Hire

The best outbound sales platform, period.

This software is responsible for revolutionizing our outbound sales process, and it will continue to be the best tool for us for years to come. I've evaluated other options but always came back to Outreach because it's the full package. Outbound sales is extremely scalable with this platform, and running a sales org on it is amazingly easy to manage.

Pros

I love that this software is so heavily focused on outbound sales. This isn't marketing software that you can adapt to sales, this is software created and built for sales organizations. That fact is very obvious in the way they implement their features. Outreach always leads the way in terms of feature innovation, and they continue to offer the best outbound email settings to truly automate your process. You can drop 1000 prospects into a sequence, throttle it to send 100 per day, set it to resume OOO replies after a few days, and set it and forget it. Just set up a schedule, make sure you exclude national holidays, and you don't have to touch it ever again. Something they also do better than anyone is their task management. I frequently have a task as a step in a sequence (I.e. Connect with the person on LinkedIn), and when a prospect hits that stage it creates a task in the system. This happens hundreds of prospects at a time, but when you start your tasks it takes you into this workflow that lets you call/email/take notes on the action and just click next to take you to the next one. Really lets you get in the flow, and is an amazing tool for inserting a manual task into a sequence that you can still get through quickly. Some examples of awesome features include: 1) Auto resume OOO 2) Fallback text in the templates 3) Automatically skip holidays 4) Phone call integration so you don't have to leave the app

Cons

I don't know that there are any cons. The only one that I can imagine is that when you start fresh on the system, the interface can be a little bit daunting. There are actually a lot of settings, and if you don't understand the hierarchy or what you use for what, it can get very complicated. Thankfully they have good customer support and a LOT of good documentation, so it's not that bad if you spend some time learning it.

Great for SDRS

They have fantastic customer service and a great knowledge base, I believe its called Outreach University for their customers. It is pretty intuitive to use at least at a baseline level. As an SDR its been great to have this added to our tech stack.

Pros

Handling your outbound and inbound efforts via Outreach has made things much easier. Before we were using Yesware and although it was affordable the user design and analytics left a lot to be desired. With outreach we can see what sequences are performing the best, which email templates get the highest response, and even when the best time to send emails are. We are also easily able to A/B test within sequences or copy sequences that are working well for other Reps and duplicate. It has made it easy for me to increase how much outbound I am able to do and made it so I can target specific personas easily. I tend to work out of Outreach way more than I work out of Salesforce as an SDR.

Cons

I feel that there are still features I do not understand within Outreach that I might be able to use more effectively. If they could guide the user more to make sure we are leveraging more of the software I think that would add to it. One of the cons is that you are unable to make dials from your laptop via Outreach, it must come through your cell and I much prefer to make calls via my laptop.

Morgan from GradGuard

Outreach Multiplies Each of Your Employees by 10

The Outreach onboarding is rather extensive, and if you're a hands-on A type I don't necessarily think you'll get much out of the onboarding. I found doing it side by side a written article was my favorite approach to learning.

Pros

Outreach is a product that has blown me away. It's every Director and Manager's dream when it comes to sending e-mails and keeping up with annual engagement with customers of any lifecycle. From Sales to Customer Service to Marketing, Outreach can help every member on your team. For years I A/B tested e-mail subject lines and calculated this on an excel spreadsheet. Outreach does it for me. I have increased my cold e-mail sales open rate from 25% to 60%! The e-mails look personalized and don't look like any other e-mail campaign. Even the signatures are consistent. The LinkedIn feature allows people on teams/enterprise to engage within the platform. For others it takes you to the person's page in a new tab. It makes it easy to increase engagement trifold in this manner by creating sequences (day 1 call, day 2 linkedin, day 3 email, etc.).

Cons

One improvement would be a better LinkedIn integration. I wish the Sales Navigator e-mails fed through in order to create a task in SalesForce just as an e-mail through OutReach does. There absolutely needs to be more personalizations (i.e. Dear {{first name}}, Hope you're having a great {{day_of_weeek}}). Which, this seems rather simple to code. Any real time data should be in there. Instead I have to do a long {{if/then}} that takes forever.

Aaron from Nutanix

If you get out of your own way it's fantastic

Outreach has been fantastic but adoption has been the biggest issue we faced. If adoption is done well it will absolutely lead to better conversions of leads and revenue.

Pros

Outreach is extremely customizable and enables you to focus your time better by automating the tediousness away from prospecting and focus on the message and conversations.

Cons

Honestly it can be somewhat complex to use if you also have other tools that serve some functions that outreach allows. The best way to utilize in my opinion is to spend a ton of time up front to get the functionality the way you want and use as your exclusive tool for prospecting (aside from Sales Nav and that sort of thing)

Functions and reputation

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

ToutApp was essentially a mass blast email tool and led to SDRs becoming spammers

'Rowdie' Mitch from Hill Productions & Media Group, Inc.

Terrible customer service. Great product.

I really enjoyed the software, what a great product. My first salesman was amazing, but as they scaled, we became a small account to them and really got treated like it. Stay away if you are looking for a great vendor experience, but if you are looking for a great product with great automation tools and email sequences... Outreach was the best we could find.

Pros

Wow, its an amazing product. I really enjoyed using it and it did win me alot of business. Alot of automated tasks which was amazing. Also their email management and manager permissions was incredible. Overall really simplified my teams day.

Cons

If you are a small company... expect to be treated terribly. We got random bills, and NO response from billing or their cusotmer support. You would get the runaround all day long. Seriously terrible experience even caused one of my employees to lose morale which isn't ultimately all Outreachs fault, I will take some accountability... but she wasn't getting her job done and couldln't get replies from Outreach. She was the manager supposed to control how many seats we had and manage costs... With an unresponsive team and random invoices with no explaination it became discouraging. I would highly recommend using the product if their sales team was ethical and their support would RESPOND. We got way overbilled and cancelling the account was even a hassle.

Lloyd from Lucid Software

Job Critical Software

Outreach is job critical for me and my reps. I would riot if my company took the tool away. I attribute my success as a sales rep to Outreach for allowing me to not let anything fall through the cracks.

Pros

I use Outreach daily to manage my work process. I honestly don't know how I did anything without the tool. It is something that I would like to use for the rest of my career.

Cons

Not often, but every once in a while I come up against small issues that can be frustrating, like not being able to sequence users. I have found though, that most of the time it is user error, but sometimes errors are not clear.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

The company purchased Outreach for us.

Great "outreach" software that makes calling and emailing a breeze

Overall Outreach is a great sales tool that any organization with sales folks should consider. The ability to blast through dozens of calls in a couple minutes is really handy. Also the reporting/tracking of the successful emails makes it easy to see what's working and what's not.

Pros

+ Lots of sales insight available (what sequences/emails are more effective than others) + 360 view is a great dashboard for any sales user where you can see your upcoming tasks (emails, calls, etc.) and process through them + Love the ability to be able to submit a quick question to the support team from the UI + You can tag prospects, calls, etc. which makes finding them a lot easier + The support team is very responsive to fixing issues and helping with training gaps

Cons

- Notes on the account/company level don't work well (you enter notes on Mike Smith at Microsoft and those notes don't consistently show up for others at that same company) - There definitely are bugs that make some of the processes annoying - The interface is very busy. Would be nice to be able to customize what I see/don't see (perhaps this is allowed at the admin level) - Outreach needs to differentiate between Email Opt Out and Phone Opt out. Currently, if a prospect opts out of emails, we can still legally call him but Outreach wont let us sequence them because there is only one Opt Out within outreach. Hopefully this is fixed so we can still call folks who opted out of emails, but are open to calls.

The Best Productivity/Follow-up Tool

I think if your in a fast paced organisation that need to follow-up with a large amount of leads, it will help automate and save your employees a lot of time.

Pros

The best feature of the tool is that it saves the most important resource in our world - 'TIME', especially in the sales function an important part of the job is to follow-up with potential prospects/leads. Outreach help me focus on what matters the most (being productive) and focus less on simple tasks such as follow-up emails, logging tasks. Just creat a sequence, use the custom tabs if need be) and then emails go out periodically (you can decide the schedule and content). JUST LOVE IT

Cons

I think the app is very flexible, there are so many features and depending on your organisation you might have some features restricted. I would recommend reading their blogs (there are quite a few functionalities and features that you might want to use but never realize they were already there)

Erika M. from RingCentral

Outreach Review

I like the software, just wish I had the ability in my organization to skip tasks when necessary, create more custom messages, or have the ability to do more of an email only sequence occasionally.

Pros

I like that this software makes it easy to reach out to prospects of any industry in a timely manner. You can put prospects in email sequences, set future tasks for prospects that you want to reach out to later, send one off emails/bulk compose emails with customization of their names or accounts for example, and even make calls to the prospects directly from the application.

Cons

There seems to be a lot of small bugs in the software that prevent you from calling the prospects occasionally and the sound quality of the calls sometimes is a little hit or miss depending on the day. In my organization sometimes getting the prospects in sync with salesforce can be a hassle to get credit for the call that you just made if you have metrics. Also having this tool controlled by corporate limits the ability of customization in the sequences, emails sent out don't always work as well as ones that are customizable.

Jill from KeyedIn Solutions

Powerful sales automation tool

There are so many benefits, Seeing how many times prospects open your emails and having a call task automatically populate based on that. A/B testing with emails and subject lines. Outreach lets you get as manual or as automated as you want in your sequences letting you spend more time on warm leads while not totally neglecting the cold ones.

Pros

It's very easy to use and doesn't take a lot of training to get up and running. Really helps to make sure certain prospects don't slip through the cracks. It integrates really well with the other systems we have and makes it really easy to stay organized. They are always adding new features and listen to feedback.

Cons

If you go on vacation or have a holiday, it's a little annoying to go through and pause each individual sequence but they do have some content available on how to do it as easily as possible. There's not much I dislike. I've used several sales automation softwares and this one is by far my favorite.

Krist from StoneX Group Inc.

Useful product!

With Outreach, we can achieve efficient growth with every interaction. great product that is simple to use.

Pros

It allows you to ensure that every response that is interviewed face to face with the customer is highly productive. One platform to increase efficiency and effectiveness for Marketing, Sales Development, Closing and Success teams. Outreach provides fully customizable profiles and roles, and I love that it allows managers to lead their teams to success. In addition, ease of use is one of the most important things to understand the language of a program and I love the ease of use in Outreach.

Cons

Frankly, I haven't come across anything that I don't like. Very useful software. It gives you the chance to optimize the customer lifecycle for greater revenue and securely collaborate on a large scale. An excellent software that I find quite useful has nothing that I don't really like.

Jared from Lucid Software

Great product minus a few quirks

It helps save me so much time as it allows me to have more consistent and strategic follow up and to have those followups take place in the background while I get other work done. The email tracking and seeing opens/clicks is amazing and one of the most useful features. I know who is reading my emails, who just isn't responding, and who is ignoring me. I love Outreach, and if a few annoying things could get fixed I'd give it a 10/10.

Pros

It simplifies my life big time! Great for follow up, great for keeping track of tasks, great for strategically contacting people without having to manually type out thousands of emails. Snippets/Templates are awesome and Sequencing saves my life everyday.

Cons

Sometimes it simply doesn't act as I'd expect it to. The variables don't always populate correctly so I'm very nervous about putting them in auto sequences. Other times my panel on the right-hand side where I write emails doesn't act how I want it or tasks don't show up as expected. Then there are a few quirks with prospect stages that drive me crazy and sometimes cause me more work than it should.

Great tool for automating sales prospecting

This tool helps automate email-based prospecting and marketing so your sales team can be more efficient.

Pros

I like the fact that Outreach has a wide array of functionality from email tracking, to email sequencing, reporting, and calendar integration. It serves a bunch of fundamental purposes for any sales team.

Cons

The biggest drawback of Outreach is the initial adoption and learning curve. It can take about a month or so to fully learn the ins and outs of the solution. Make sure your company invests in training when you roll this product out!

Scott from Exabeam

Great platform for accelerating and automating sales processes

Very happy and allows me to do more of my job in a more streamlined and focused approach. Would happily refer Outreach to anyone looking to streamline their approach.

Pros

- Much easier to go about your day job and provide you with a single point of access - Very intuitive and integrations work well - Best sales platform I've ever used. - Support are very quick to answer, very helpful and take into account what you're saying - happy to take feature requests too. - Best practices shared a lot helping make the best of the solution. - As an outbound calling rep, Sequences are great to ensure you're covering all your territory and providing regular touchpoints

Cons

- Some teething issues with VOIP, but generally works well - support are very quick to answer and helpful.

Good product, terrible, cocky sales team

Good product, adequate support, terrible sales team/experience. Brought this vendor on to one company I worked with, didn't bring it on to a future company because got tired/frustrated dealing with their sales team.

Pros

This product is pretty good, I've used Outreach, SalesLoft and Fileboard. Fileboard has the best sales team, they not only are helpful with understanding their product, but they also help with sharing their sales strategy using their product. SalesLoft and Outreach are the same in funcitonality, and SalesLoft has a good sales team. The issue I have with Outreach is their sales team is too arrogant, they have a good product, but I think teach them internally to be cocky, and it got so bad I just didn't want to use their product anymore and felt compelled to write this review.

Cons

The software is a bit glitchy sometimes, if it goes out you're just not using it that day. The sales team is very arrogant, not helpful. Companies with arrogant sales teams tend to have that culture bleed off into other areas, which make them very difficult vendors to work with .

Levi from Instructure

Functionality for the Win - with some areas for improvement

Overall, I truly believe that Outreach is a tool that has made it possible for me to be successful as an ADM. It makes my tracking of potential clients very smooth and seamless. I'm sure that I have a lot to learn in the platform, but it has been work-life changing.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was a way to have more of an account view - meaning we do activities based on a lead/contact but I would like to see activity that has happened aggregated in one central account activity view. While the call through my browser works, I find that I have more call issues when I used that method of calling versus calling from my phone. It would be great if there were an editable notes section on the Outreach Extension (Google). That way you wouldn't have to manually open up the full CRM to check previous notes.

Chase from TextRecruit

Outreach has flipped the table

First off, it's incredibly easy to figure out. I'm tech savvy but not many tools are as easy to figure out as Outreach. My previous sales positions were very hard work - lot's of manual work like sending emails, cold calling from lists, manual note taking and cadence tracking. Needless to say, my mind was a bit scrambled when the new boss at my current company started explaining what this platform would do for me (hint, nearly everything). As with any workflow change, it does take some getting used to, but all of the changes are positive. I haven't done the math but this platform has given back so much time in my day and allows me to focus on more meaningful tasks instead of mindlessly sending out templated emails and keeping meticulous manual records of all the calls I make. For those who have read this far, I'm sure you get the point. At the very least go schedule a demo so you can see for yourself, this platform has so much value!

Pros

How easy to use it is! This platform is reinventing the wheel but has created an incredible user interface and design that lets you hit the ground running.

Cons

Nothing about the platform is sub-par or oversold, but I would really benefit from having some sort of mobile app.

A definitely recommended have software for any company with outbound sales

It is a very essential sales engagement software. The interface is very intuitive so it takes new reps typically less than an hour to get up and running. However to make the most efficient use of the software, training along with well defined goals is an absolute must. Depending upon how well you use this software you can definitely see the payouts coming through. The customer support team is phenomenal. So this is your software if you are looking for just a sales engagement tool and you have reps who are willing to make the most out of it. Every companies' use case is different , but there is no harm is giving this a try. Cannot replace sfdc, but goes very well with SFDC.

Pros

The interface is crisp and clean and very welcoming. Making calls in this platform is a breeze, and a very enjoyable experience. Very easy to send emails and log calls. Wonderful and knowledgeable CS team. Very well designed software which presents calls, opportunities, engagements and so on in one neat UI.

Cons

When the software first loads up, it might appear that there is a lag or hang up but that is just the design we have come to realize. Too many options are available in terms of what can be done or used, so new users can often get lost in this software engineering beauty! There is still scope for more automation. Under the calls tab, there is no way to search for a call via phone number. Very hard to differentiate between Salesloft and outreach. Both have strikingly similar designs.

Paige from Drip

Outreach is the Sales Development Dream

I have used 4 other sales engagement platforms in my career and I will never use anything but Outreach again. It has incredible integrations with Salesforce, Drift, and Linkedin Navigator and ultimately helps good BDRs be great.

Pros

Outreach is by far the best sales engagement platform on the market. It helps to automate all tasks and outreach activities by BDRs so they can spend more time providing value to their prospects. From a leadership perspective, the reporting is extremely useful and allows me to track my BDRs individually, team based, and organization based.

Cons

Training new hires to use the platform can be difficult due to how intricate and extensive the feature set is.

Task Management Tool for SDRs

Overall, solid tool that allows you to reach your sales and marketing goals. It is a great tool for Sales Development teams that keeps them on top of their tasks all in one platform.

Pros

Outreach is a great tool for organizing sales and marketing tasks. With its ability to send out mass or personalized emails, make phone calls, and organize daily tasks, this platform can accomplish a lot. The 360-degree view of your tasks makes it easy to stay on top of your goals.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to configure or personalize the 360 view page. While it provides a lot of good insight into my tasks and updates, it would be nice to filter out some of the less prioritized panels.

We couldn't hit our sales goals without it!

Pros

The software itself is incredible, and functionally has everything imaginable, but I've been most impressed with the support. As an administrator that knew very little about the software when we implemented Outreach, the support team has been phenomenal. I've never worked with a more helpful, prompt team in my life. 10/10 to the Outreach Support team!

Cons

We've caused ourselves some pain by using some very unique objects and fields in our Salesforce CRM instance, which has caused some problems on the integration front. Basically, we haven't been able to take advantage of some Outreach functionality because the integration is built on the assumption of us using standard Salesforce objects and fields. Ultimately, the support team has helped us with some workarounds, but it's been a bit of a self-induced headache.

Tanya from SafetyCulture

Outreach is a "Must Have"

Outreach is a total must have for any sales whether directly customer facing or behind the scenes. We are way to busy being pulled into what use to be multiple roles and having an automated way to reach out to customers or prospects is crucial to focusing on the right things.

Pros

The capabilities of automating. The idea that I could take multiple customers from one company reach out to all at one time never having to remember which step of the cadence I am on.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing. For instance having the capability of testing the A/B response set on a particular email but not being able to choose which customers you'd like to have in each part of the signature.

Sales Rep

Eric from Talkdesk

Outreach makes my life easy

My overall experience with Outreach has been great. I would highly suggest working with them as they have a pretty aggressive road map to change the way outbound SDRs work.

Pros

What I like most about outreach is the ability to target multiple organizations at a time. You can actively reach out to many people within an organization to get your message across. Outreach takes the manual part of prospecting away and automates it making for a more streamlined and efficient process. It covers the user error part that happens when outbound to 100 plus organizations.

Cons

Outreach can be clunky at times. The user interface is some times hard to navigate. There is no back button so if you want to go to a new page you have to start all over.

DavidLee from Ngage Live Chat

Outreach helps me Make more Money

I love it. Their customer service is great whenever I have questions and the product has paid for itself ten-fold.

Pros

Cons

There are a few simple things that the platform does not allow. One is a "Select-All" feature where you can also unselect some. Select-All is an all-or-nothing. If there are 500 things and 1 of them is missplaced. You have to figure out another way besides Select-All minus 1.

Andrew from Lucid

Makes my job 2x easier than not having it

I automate my prospecting and follow-up efforts through Outreach. Whether it's queuing up sequences, using templates, snippets, or the calendar scheduling link, I've found Outreach extremely valuable.

Pros

I love that Outreach has built a level of automation that allows me to speed up my workflow and make manual tasks into something I no longer waste time on. It's 2x easier to do my job with Outreach than without it.

Cons

I've run into a couple things that can be frustrating when it comes to scheduling when emails send out, but other than this, Outreach has been perfect for my needs.

Matt from Grow

Super easy to use, very powerful!

I save loads of time using Outreach. That time is very valuable as well. Well done, Outreach.

Pros

This system has saved me thousands of hours of emailing and contacting clients. It has also helped me organize the way I speak to my clients. The best feature of the platform is the ability to setup email sequences and fully customize the way they are sent out. It also integrates directly to Salesforce, so it pulls the lead info automatically!

Cons

At times, Outreach struggles to sync with my email or Salesforce. Other than syncing, there really isn't much to complain about with Outreach.

Josh from Grow.com

Excellent Email Tool

Pros

I love how simple it is to create and edit the sequences. As a sales person who sends a lot of outbound emails, it's very important to have a tool that makes it as simple as possible to create new sequences and Outreach is the best there is.

Cons

Sometimes when you go to put a lead in another sequence, it won't allow you to do so for several hours if they have already been put in a sequence. I wish that you didn't have to wait as long between the two. For example, right when a new lead comes in, we have an automated email that is kicked out to them. After that email is sent, I have to wait several hours before putting them in another sequence to get them scheduled. There needs to be shorter wait time between the two.

Dylan from Charter School Capital

Super User Friendly

I am very thankful that I get to use Outreach on a daily basis instead of several other CRM systems I have used in previous positions. Overall the experience is positive and consistent and does not take long to train new employees to maximize their time with Outreach.

Pros

Outreach creates a very streamlined approach for contacting leads and keeping detailed information about communication. It is very easy to create and edit sequences for emails/calls to increase the capacity for communication for small sales teams.

Cons

The search functionality can be frustrating. In order to find a lead you have to input a lead's information exactly. There does not seem to be a "close to" option if you can't remember the exact spelling.

Elena from Degreed

Great for SDR use!

We are trying to solve the business problem of tracking activity with Outreach. It has been very useful with a good reporting system and shows clearly what SDRs are spending their time doing.

Pros

I work as an SDR so I love the how easy it is to organize my work. From prioritizing tasks to creating sequences, snippets and templates with ease. Outreach is very user-friendly. I also love the overview it gives on a prospect with relevant and recent news articles- makes it easier to find info to mention on calls or emails. Scheduling emails is also very helpful!

Cons

I don't have a much to complain about. One thing is the outbox doesn't warn me when it stops sending emails out and sometimes won't resume after 24 hours. So I have to go in every day and retry emails that didn't send (this only happens when sending out mass emails).

Michael from Tigera, Inc.

Amazing software that immediately generates return on investment

Their customer success and new customer install team is AMAZINGLY good. It's a complex solution, but that is also its power. Any question I asked was answered immediately by whatever level of support was required.

Pros

Ability to setup complex user journey sequences for multiple personas, it's ease of setup and use, and that our inside sales team says they CANNOT work without this solution. We increased our rate of meetings set immediately and already have generated enough revenue to pay for the system many times over. It is not the cheapest solution out there, but you get what you pay for.

Cons

The reporting could be more robust, but we pipe all the data in SFDC and use the reporting tools there.

Jordan from Revetize

The best of the best

I LOVED outreach while we used it. We ended up switching to Mailshake because it sufficed for our use-case without the hefty costs. But Outreach is the far superior tool.

Pros

If you need the best of the best when it comes to email automation / sales email prospecting / personalization in bulk... This is IT. Definitely. This is absolutely not the cheapest tool, but if value is more of a concern to you than price, this is it.

Cons

It's not the cheapest software out there, so email automation needs to be critical for your business. If it is, don't hesitate. If it's just an every-once-in-a-while thing, then Mailshake, or others like it, are good products too.

Emily from Sapper Consulting, LLC

Excellent sales engagement platform, would highly recommend.

Pros

Outreach has an incredible product and excellent customer success team. We have been working with Outreach for the last 2 years, and will likely continue for many more. Almost our entire company uses Outreach on a daily basis, and it's UX is excellent. Their product team is consistently working to expand features that customers want.

Cons

In order to keep things simple, Outreach has limited flexibility with reporting. To get the data we need, we export all our data into another analytics platform. That said, we use Outreach on such a large scale that this likely wouldn't be a problem for most sales teams.

Great Tool for Sequencing Emails

I love outreach since it makes it easier to send client emails and I could set it and forget it once I had them all configured and I loved that it synced with Salesforce.

Pros

I loved that I could set up sequences of emails to send to clients. I could control how many emails were sent in a sequence and in how many days they would be received. It also allowed me to set it to specific times of day to send emails and I loved that it synced with Salesforce and it captured all the emails in the activity section so it saved me a step in having to make notes in both systems.

Cons

When copying and pasting it will allow you to decide whether to "keep formatting" or not to keep formatting and I learned the hard way to NEVER keep formatting as it will populate weird shadowing around letters and can populate weird colors when it comes to hyperlinks. I had to use a lot of trial and error for it not to look templated or copied and pasted. Also the integration with Salesforce was great but could be difficult to navigate at times on the Salesforce end. Sometimes Salesforce prevented emails from being sent on that end.

Very powerful software for outbound sales teams

We use Outreach for all sales activities. Emails, tasks, sequences, booking meetings, calls. It became our main tool for outbound sales. You can do everything in one place, we have it integrated with Salesforce, so currently we use SF more as a database. As I previously mentioned, Outreach is designed to save your time, our sales process has never been so efficient.

Pros

Outreach is very powerful tool. What I like the most is the functionality of the software. All outbound sales activities can be done from Outreach. Before using Outreach we worked by having tasks on Salesforce, we had a list of tasks and we did everyday sales activities by completing tasks in that list. Currently, we do everything from Outreach it is much more time efficient, we save a lot of time and we can contact more people per day. Outreach is designed to save time of sales people.

Cons

At first it was not very intuitive but such powerful software can never be super easy to use because it has a lot of various functions and customizations. Also, a price is quite high, so it's not easily affordable for smaller sales teams.

Reasons for Switching to Outreach

Had many technical issues with Mixmax

Outreach is a great tool for your sales team

I have had a great overall experience with Outreach. There have been a few bugs here and there, but the team is really good about addressing and fixing the bugs.

Pros

I like the ability to set reminders directly in my gmail account. Before the email is sent, I set a reminder for myself to follow back up on a specific day and time, and it is a very simple way to remind myself.

Cons

While emailing from my gmail, there is currently a bug when inserting a link into my email. If I have the outreach plug in turned on, and I try to send a link, the outreach plug in will change the link's address, and the person receiving my email isn't able to visit the links I send them. I have to turn the outreach plugin to off before I send the email in order for it to work properly.

Steve from Apptio

Cruicial for SDR success!

It allows me to get a high level overview of where I need to prospect as well as granular insights into the best place to spend my time.

Pros

This tool is great for streamlining the workflow of outbound prospecting. Our company uses it for our sales development efforts, and since replacing Salesloft has made sales automation easier for our reps. The software in very customizable, so there is a learning curve associated with getting up to speed on it.

Cons

Complexity can create a longer learning curve compared to other sales automation tools. This ultimately is good once you learn the system.

Jake from Primary Intelligence

Industry: Information Services

Outreach is a Salesperson's Best Friend

I couldn't recommend it more. I hope to use Outreach for a long time from here on out, going back to prospecting without the tool would be painful at best, and next to impossible at worst.

Pros

This software integrating seamlessly with SalesForce makes everything about selling so much easier. I spend 95% of my time in Outreach and yet everything gets updated in SalesForce, and is organized appropriately. I have a daily task list that populates automatically, filled with relevant tasks that are meaningful to complete. It is truly the best tool I've used in a sales stack.

Cons

The software is very intuitive, but it does take some getting used to. There is a depth of power you have access to, and it will take a bit of time to get accustomed to the layout.

Lisa from Versature

Does what it should and relatively easy to set up with a little support

Support and experience has been good (although a little challenging at first). Definitely worth putting the time in to get set up properly!

Pros

It took a while to get this properly set-up so it was working for us and not the other way around. Coming from Salesloft, we were able to set things up in a very similar away. We were able to map the key fields to Salesforce and the automation and rules are flexible enough for it to work well for our team of 10 SDR's.

Cons

Although many fields map to Salesforce, things like "snooze date" and calendar appointment dates don't map over. Although it's not a deal breaker, it means that the SDR team (as well as the SDR manager) have to go back and forth between systems to manage and report on these pieces.

Spencer from Podium

Helps make dials but could be better with syncing to Salesforce

Overall, Outreach is great. Helps keep me organized but again lacks some specs with Salesforce.

Pros

I love that I can create my own automatic sequences that will send emails and create tasks for me. This helps with me staying on top of a pipeline and closing more sales.

Cons

The cleanliness of Outreach connecting to Salesforce. I wish it was a smoother process and less messy. Too many steps have to be taken to connect the two.