All PandaDoc Reviews

PandaDoc the Perfect Fit

Jesus

Reviewed October 2020

Jumping From RightSignature to PandaDocs

We were previously paying RighSignature somewhere around $600/yr to essentially send around 4 documents per month via API to Podio. I took a deep breath and looked at that renewal cost during a pandemic and decided to look for options. It boiled down to SignNow or PandaDoc. When I saw PandaDocs free tier, I made the jump and haven't looked back. We did lose the automation functionality in the process, but the $600/yr savings makes up for it. We simply uploaded the NDA and Agreements we use and we "duplicate" them when we need to send a new one. The process takes 3 minutes at the most to setup, send and sign. If you're a small business getting started and need free e-Signing, PandaDoc is a winner.

PROS

They provide a free tier for smaller companies to fulfill their e-signing requirements. If that wasn't enough, their free tier does not have any major, missing components that would cripple the software. It just works beautifully at the wonderful cost of "zero".

CONS

I'm not in a place to complain when I'm using e-Signature software for free. However, it would be really, really nice if they could provide some limited API or Zapier functionality with the free tier. I don't expect that to happen, but it would be lovely if they did it.

Reason for choosing PandaDoc

PandaDoc had a free tier.

Reasons for switching to PandaDoc

RightSignature was too expensive for API access.

Shubham

Reviewed April 2023

My go to tool for my e-Comm Agency

PROS

PandaDoc has been an essential tool for my e-commerce advertising agency, helping us streamline our document management and improve our overall productivity. The platform offers a user-friendly interface that allows us to quickly create, send, and track proposals, contracts, and other important documents.One of the standout features of PandaDoc is its document customization options, which allow me to create professional-looking documents that reflect our brand and resonate with my clients. The platform's drag-and-drop functionality and pre-built templates make it easy to add images, tables, and other elements to our documents, saving us time and effort.I also appreciate PandaDoc's collaboration features, which allow us to work seamlessly with clients and team members on shared documents. The platform's real-time commenting and feedback tools enable us to communicate with stakeholders in a clear and efficient manner, reducing the need for lengthy email chains and other communication channels.In addition to its functionality, PandaDoc offers excellent customer support, with a dedicated team available to answer any questions or resolve any issues that may arise. I have found their support team to be highly responsive and knowledgeable, providing us with the help we need to get the most out of the platform.Overall, PandaDoc has been a game-changer for my e-commerce advertising agency, providing us with the tools we need to create professional documents quickly and ef

CONS

PandaDoc's pricing plans can be expensive, especially for small business like mine but again for those number of benefits it's still a good one.

Ekta

Reviewed June 2022

Latest software update is a debacle

Customer support is excellent and the agents do everything in their capacity to assist. I give them 5 stars. Unfortunately the so called "Customer Success Team" gets 0 stars from me. They are the ones who assist with more complex issues. Unresponsive and unhelpful. A content library that I built over the course of 2+ years for my business was invaluable and a huge time-saver. PandaDoc just decided to delete it without any notice, or opportunity to back up. My order of quotes is in a mess as they are all dated 22nd May 2022.

PROS

Version 1 was relatively easy to set up and use. I could duplicate documents, build a library of images and commonly used sub-headings and sections, resize images. In Version 2 it is easier to create tables and page breaks.

CONS

Version 2 was launched without any communication and/or notice. The team decided that it was okay to delete my content library that I had built over the course of 2.5 years. All quotes were automatically updated to a single date. So I am unable to sort quotes and proposals based on newest to oldest. The functionality to resize images is lost. The documents are clunky and useless.

Reason for choosing PandaDoc

I chose PandaDoc over others because they were the most competitively priced.

Reasons for switching to PandaDoc

PandaDoc have made decisions and over-written or deleted content that was created by their clients. The software is clunky and messy. The team is unhelpful.

Rahul

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

An Intuitive Document Automation Platform with Robust Collaboration Features and High Cost

PROS

Ease of Use: PandaDoc is easy to use, with an intuitive interface that allows users to quickly create and send documents. It offers a drag-and-drop document builder that makes it easy to add and edit content.Collaboration: PandaDoc is a great collaborative tool, allowing multiple team members to work on the same document simultaneously. It also offers features such as comments and document version tracking to streamline collaboration.Integration: PandaDoc integrates with a wide range of other tools and platforms, such as Salesforce, HubSpot, and Google Drive. This makes it easy to integrate document workflows with other business processes.Customization: PandaDoc allows users to customize their documents with branding elements such as logos, fonts, and colors. This helps to create a consistent brand experience for customers.Analytics: PandaDoc provides detailed analytics that allow users to track the performance of their documents. This includes metrics such as opens, views, and time spent on the document, which can help users refine their document strategy.

CONS

Price: PandaDoc can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or individuals. The pricing is based on the number of users and documents, which can quickly add up depending on usage.Limited Features: While PandaDoc is a great document automation platform, it's somewhat limited in terms of advanced features. For example, it doesn't provide advanced automation or reporting capabilities.Customer Support: PandaDoc's customer support can be slow to respond to issues or questions, which can be frustrating for users who need timely assistance.Learning Curve: While PandaDoc is easy to use, there is still a learning curve, particularly for users who are new to document automation. Some users may find the initial setup and configuration process to be challenging.Security Concerns: PandaDoc stores sensitive business data, such as financial information and customer data. This can raise security concerns for some users, particularly those who handle highly sensitive data.

Marek

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

PandaDoc Review

The software provided a user-friendly platform for creating, editing, and managing business documents. The extensive template library and customization options allowed me to create professional documents tailored to my specific needs. The collaboration features streamlined the document review and approval process, enhancing efficiency and productivity. While there were limitations in the lower-tier plans and occasional performance issues, the overall functionality and value provided by PandaDoc software were commendable. It played a significant role in simplifying document workflows and improving the professionalism of our business communications.

PROS

One of the things I liked most about PandaDoc software was its user-friendly interface and intuitive document creation process. The software offered a wide range of templates and customization options, allowing me to easily create professional-looking proposals, contracts, and other business documents. The drag-and-drop editor made it simple to add elements like text, images, and signature fields, while the collaboration features enabled seamless collaboration with team members and clients. The ability to track document status and receive real-time notifications for document views and actions was also a valuable feature.

CONS

One thing I liked least was the limitations in the lower-tier plans. Some advanced features, such as the advanced analytics and integrations with third-party applications, were only available in the higher-priced plans. This restricted access to certain functionalities for users on lower-tier plans. Additionally, there were times when the document editor experienced minor performance issues, such as slow loading times or occasional glitches. However, these issues were not frequent and did not significantly impact the overall usability of the software.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

PandaDoc Review

Having implemented PandaDoc prior to Covid, we were able to still do business with our customers remotely with the use of PandaDoc esign.

PROS

PandaDoc has changed how we interact with customers making signing contracts and sending proposals so much easier

CONS

There are occasionally times I find that signed contracts don't automatically come to my inbox and document reminders need to be sent.

Telecommunications, 11-50 employees

Who doesn't love pandas

Brilliant fast and easy, I love it as well as our customers

PROS

It's quick and easy to set up, use and have both our customers sign important documents best of all it's secure

CONS

There is nothing to not like, it does what it says click sign send and the paperwork is done and dusted

Kallie

Online Media, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Easy and convenient contract management

PROS

As a company that hires often, using pandadoc has saved us a ton of time. UI is very user friendly and is more simplified than other digital signature softwares we have used before.

CONS

We had a few integration issues in the beginning but they were solved quickly. This software is very easy to learn and use.

Alexis

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed April 2023

Easy to set up and user friendly

PROS

I like how easy it is to set up the document to be signed, dated, initialed, etc. by our clients and partners. I also like the tracking of the document and being able to see where the document went and who viewed it when. Finally, I like the ease for our clients and partners, who often struggle to know how to digitally sign a document. I also like the feature of being able to remind people to sign.

CONS

There isn't anything I don't like, but we use the free version so our usage is limited.

Free version

Mechade

Construction, 2-10 employees

Mechade's Review For PandaDoc

PROS

Saves me time by using template contracts and other documents customizable .

CONS

For the most part of this i think i'm not going to be frequently using pandadoc so subscribing monthly will not really help. I think it will be better by billing per item basis instead of subscription

Luke

Media Production, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2022

Best Contract and Signature Software

Pandadoc has allowed us to automate our entire proposal process, saving hours per work

PROS

The best thing about PandaDoc is connecting it to Zapier and automatically creating customized proposals without lifting a finger. Tracking when recipients view documents, and how long they spend viewing each page are great metrics to have for sales.

CONS

There are a few things I would like to be available with automation through Zapier, although they are possible with API.

Reasons for switching to PandaDoc

I didn't like the formatting or functionality of Qwilr

Cyril

Textiles, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Insane product versus obsolete pricing

Wonderful product discovering, harsh disappointment on the pricing model.

PROS

The visual template editor tool is completely insane; nothing to be compared to other existing SAAS out there. Tested like 7 other tools, really nothing compares.

CONS

The pricing model for the first 2 plans (essential 29$ / business 49$) EXCLUDES THE API ACCESS, that can only be enabled — with extra-charges — with an enterprise plan. The enterprise plan is on-demand quote only, through a useless call with the sale team, and probably very expensive (I did not go through there, not time for useless calls). This is completely insane as of 2021 as it makes Pandadoc both unsuitable for automation workflows in human-sized companies, and inconsistent with its competition and its time. This is 21th century, every SAAS out there has an open API from starter plans, and there's a reason for this : an API is not an "enterprise" nor an "advanced" feature at all; every startup use them be it through code or no-code integrations. This is a pretty ridiculous situation where I love the product, already setup everything working like a charm, want to buy it, but am facing an inconsistent and prohibitive pricing model.

Reason for choosing PandaDoc

I did not, because of the prohibitive pricing model. I went with Docupilot which has a waaaaaaaaay less curated product, but a decent (and 2021-ready) pricing model

1 employee

Reviewed August 2019

After six months of using Pandadoc

I use Pandadoc for proposals and contract agreements for my Marketing consulting business. It allows clients to sign electronically and it notifies me when they have viewed the proposal which helps me track how engaged they are.

PROS

I like that Pandadoc notifies me when prospects view my proposals and it allows them to easily sign electronically without scanning and printing. I like that it gives me the ability to propose a pick list for clients and they can select which package or which services and it will automatically total them.

CONS

I can't clone whole pages, just content chunks. And I can't move entire pages, just content chunks. This is annoying. I find that a bit clunky. I also have not liked the visual aspect as much as designing on my own, and it hasn't let me compose in Landscape mode, so I have instead been designing my own proposal slides in InDesign and then when the client is ready to sign I just copy/paste them as images into an agreement. This is creating some double work for me, which is annoying and part of the reason I wanted a software in the first place was to minimize time spent on proposals.

Reason for choosing PandaDoc

It had more integrations with other software and I didn't want to have to do everything manually.

Heather

Accounting, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2018

All-around great proposal software and automation tool.

PROS

PandaDoc has allowed us to streamline our proposal process tremendously. Because of the content library, template functions and ease of use, we've been able to double the number of proposals we put out in the same timeframe before implementation. The analytics reporting feature has assisted in increasing our win rates. We can hone in on the areas of our proposals that resonate with our prospects, allowing the follow-up meetings to be more focused - discussing targeted, relevant themes, services and needs. PandaDoc's development team is very open to feedback and ideas on how to improve the platform. It's refreshing to work with a company that takes your input and one-off special requests to not only deliver on those requests for you but roll out these changes across the board for all of their users. Having a say in the process of polishing and tweaking a product to work best for us is a value-added benefit. The various plug-ins for other software, such as CRM systems, is useful for collaboration between departments. The ability to customize the CSS to fit our brand is essential. We can customize templates with designs that fulfill each of our needs. Having multiple workspaces under one account is extremely helpful keeping documents separated for different departments and projects.

CONS

There are a few small issues that we've run into, however, the pros of this software heavily outweigh the cons. PandaDoc does not allow for multiple users to work in a document at the same time, but I believe this is something that is being addressed in the new editor or at least on the buildout updates for the future. From time to time we will run into small formatting issues due to a glitch in the coding. More often than not, they are isolated to one document. For a couple of issues we ran into, the development team was able to provide a timely fix, and the issues have been non-recurring. In the past few years that we've been using the platform, we have only had three instances where the software was down, two of those instances were for less than an hour. Even with the downtime, we have never missed a deadline to deliver a proposal, even in an industry where RFPs are common.

Samantha

Staffing and Recruiting, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2020

BEST SOFTWARE EVER!

This is certainly my favourite software that I have implemented at my workplace. If i've ever had an issue (which is rare), the customer support team is incredible - they're so helpful and come back to you so quickly. The software itself is so easy to use and very user friendly. The templates and content is so easy to create and really adaptable, you can do a lot with it without trying too hard. Being able to share it all with my team as required was so great as well. PandaDoc have really thought of most things and have the user experience as smooth as possible. Our clients have also commented on numerous occasions how easy it is to access and use also in comparison to other platforms.

PROS

Love that you can switch between workspaces, easy to monitor the document return rate and how much my team are achieving, easy to track documents and follow up, so easy to set up documents and templates, looks great, easy to use, customisable. It's accessible as long as you have internet which just makes everything so much easier if you spend some time working from home as well as in the office.

CONS

It's quite tricky adding in custom fonts / increasing the list of fonts. Would be nice if there more design templates to chose from. More integrations - the CRM we use didn't work with PandaDoc. This didn't cause huge issues but would have been helpful and made the process slicker.

Halimatun

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Create business document easily

PROS

PandaDoc is mainly focused on preparing business paperwork, such as invoice documents or documents that require signatures, because it has a function that allows you to add an e-signature field. It will enable the paperwork to be totally digital, eliminating any need to print the document. This program is accessible from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection, making it ideal for people who alternate between working remotely and from the workplace.

CONS

The new upgrades were a little challenging to adjust to. With the previous version, we could attach PDF files straight into the contract and have them seem like part of a contract. As a result, they can only be uploaded as an attachment, which means they're more likely to be overlooked in the process. This situation has resulted in additional methods for us, lengthening the time required to provide them to our clients.

Nicolas