• Pros

• "Great price and support. Easy to understand and use."

• "Easy to customise to suit our needs and the support is fantastic and prompt"

• "Its good that everything links together and is easy to use. "

• Cons

• "The only real negative that I can think of is that you are unable to block holidays off to prevent inadvertently making appointments."

• "Some of my team found the old UI a bit clunky to get used to, though personally I have found it to be perfectly functional."

• "It would be good if the email integration would include email attachments"

Browse Really Simple Systems Reviews

Chris from RandDTax

Cost effective CRM for small business

We have grown our business with this CRM, and when we were starting out it gave us a lot of "bang for our bucks", the experience has been excellent.

Pros

Having an awareness of the cost of some of the well known CRM platforms e.g. salesforce, dynamics, the thing that strikes you is that the cost of these is prohibitive for an SME with @30 light CRM users. RSS is different. The bottom line is that they offer excellent value for small businesses. I would view this as their USP. They have a responsive team and have constantly improved the CRM over the years. Key features I like are the permissions system which lets us give bespoke access to the teams in our business with everyone given the access to the client records that they require. The integration with Kashflow (accounting) is incredibly useful and reduces unnecesary duplication in our business processes. The marketing module has been a significant driver for new business, and again is very cost effective. The activity section enables us to keep good records of client contacts, as does the ability to bcc email comunications into the client record. The layout of fields is very easy to modify to your business requirements, adding extra fields with dropdowns as required. Document storage is straightforward with drag & drop functionality.

Cons

Nothing to complain about, happy. Maybe preferred the earlier version which let you know the last time a record was updated and by who.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review Chris! FYI the new version CRM does still let you know the last time a record was updated and by who. At the top of your screen, next to the account name, there's a little clock symbol. Hover over this and the information will appear. Regards

Clarissa from Key Yachting Ltd

Very useful tool

Great for keeping track of long term clients and prospects with a good record of correspondence for the whole company.

Pros

Its a really easy to use system, a great way to record information which is accessible to the whole team. Easy to track progress with opportunities and tasks. Useful to see the progress of marketing emails

Cons

Although the reports can be very useful, creating a report is not very self explanatory and can be quite complicated. The opportunities system is confusing with reference to unit price, sale price and value. Would be nice to have a tick box option when recording a call activity to be able to easily record if the call was answered, if a message was left, if the client is returning a call etc.

Amanda from CarCoop

A really functional and reliable resource

We have had a very positive experience with this software

Pros

The ease of use made it very easy to roll out across our locations Drag and drop option makes it very easy to upload documents All Customer information is on one page and easily accessible [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] worked with the team to customise a solution that would work for us

Cons

We needed a very detailed Financial Area would would require a fully bespoke solution

Cost and customisation options

Abby from REcolo UK Ltd

Excellent relational database

We have found it invaluable that we have been able to transpose information previously held on our own systems or within our heads on to the CRM. with the information that we are now recording in one place and the subsequent reporting that this facilitates, we have been able to glean valuable insights into various areas of our business. It has also allowed us an overview of business performance

Pros

We have valued the ability to build our own accounts screen so that we are able to record and report on areas specifically relevant to our business. The reporting function has been game changing for us, providing new insights into our client base and referral activities. The software is so easy to use which has made embedding it into our operational practices an easy task. The ability to link accounts has proved very useful too.

Cons

We would value further fields on the accounts screen so that we can increase our use of the reporting function.

Reasons for Choosing Really Simple Systems

The Really Simple Systems CRM was recommended to us and so we decided to trial it. Development has taken place over the last 18 months and it is now central to the business operations arm of the business.

November 2015

Mabs from Dains Accountants

November 2015

RSS easy to navigate

Pros

The software is easy to use and navigate through. I love the fact that it can be tailored to meet your specific needs as this was very important to me and one of the factors that played an important role in me choosing RSS. Functionality is great and there are a lot of extra options that are available that I can switch on and off as and when I require them.

Cons

The customer service/support is slow at times and this becomes very frustrating. I have scheduled in calls in the past and the client service level has been poor where on occasions I have had to chase support for help. In terms of the software it is great that you add extra features but there are some extras which I feel should be included within the standard packages.

Gemma from Key Yachting Ltd

Industry: Maritime

Flexible system which is always evolving, with outstanding support

RSS helps up keep on top of our sales pipeline, we print reports for our weekly meetings. We also use the marketing module to communicate news with prospects and clients. Plus, our after sales team use the Tasks to monitor outstanding issues.

Pros

The system is customisable, integrates with our email and accounting software, and the support is outstanding.

Cons

It would be great if the email templates were a bit jazzier, like mailchimp.

Reasons for Choosing Really Simple Systems

I had used it at my previous company and found it really user friendly.

Hannah from Key Yachting Ltd

25.11.19 Review

The developments that RSS is making will help with our use as a business. We are always finding new ways of using the system expand its use through other aspects of our business.

Pros

How customisable to our requirements the program is. It makes it easier to produce the data we require.

Cons

Some of the terms used to describe the different sections of data are confusing and require getting used to. The short amount of time before you are logged out again.

Marie from British Red Cross

The clues in the name

I have really enjoyed using RSS for my day to day administration and for quoting purposes. It is an effective platform with lots of good features and work arounds. The team behind the scenes spent a lot of time modifying the platform for us to cover some of our more niche products and they were always on hand with advice.

Pros

RSS is so easy to use. As soon as I got my login it didn't take me long to work my way around the system and organise the dashboard and reports to my liking. It is a really clean platform with functional modules and shortcuts that save a lot of time.

Cons

It could sometimes be a bit slow to load but the support team kept us informed of any issues and worked hard at resolving them quickly.

Mohammed from Flytxt BV

Best CRM Tool

This software records the entire sales data of the organization in a very systematic way.

Pros

Really Simple Systems, as the name suggests, is really simple to use. Features are self explanatory and any beginner with zero experience in logging into a CRM can use the system without any training. Navigation through the tabs are very convenient. All the sales data can be captured and recorded in a very systematic manner. Reports produced by the system are excellent. Last but not the least, their Customer support is excellent and is 24/7

Cons

Reporting needs to be more customized. Found a bit difficult to provide user permission and ownership to various reports.

Scott from One Care (BNSSG) Ltd

Helps organizing complicated organisations structures.

Pros

Easy to use, good user interface, no training required

Cons

Projects spanning more than on contact needs duplicate entry

June 2016

Jonathan from Talking Newspaper Services

June 2016

Does just what it promises, quickly and cheaply. Very easy to learn and good training too.

As a micro business owner, I have to do everything from developing to sales and marketing, and I suspect like many geek-run businesses like mine, I love the first part and loathe the latter. I'd found a few tools that do a limited number of things very well and help my business in other ways, like Trello, Toggl, gmail and so on, but I was struggling to find a CRM equivalent. I'd tried a few SAAS cloud solutions that would have been overpriced, and I tried installing a couple of open source solutions like SuiteCRM which proved to be way over the top and bloated for my needs. Finally I hit upon RSS CRM and we were the perfect match. I went to their first user conference earlier in 2016, and what impressed me greatly was not only how good and enthusiastic the CEO and his staff were, but also the other customers. I'd already experienced support via both phone and email (even though I was on the free plan at the time), and it was nice to actually meet the team for real, and know that they aren't outsourced from some sweatshop in a distant place. It's a UK company with a "proper" UK phone number, although there are support offices in other countries too, to account for the timezones which is good.

Pros

The freemium model is enough to get anyone new to CRM started quickly. It's all "pay as you go", and you can bolt features on as needed. I wanted something that tells me what, when and how I did something, to whom and when, what the outcome was, and will then nag me to do the next thing. And, for me, RSS does all that perfectly. They also run free webinars which are also recorded in case you can't make it on the day. These are worth watching - I found I was missing several tricks and now get even more out of the system. I'm particularly impressed with the email integration which saves the whole endless copying and pasting debacle. It really is simple, but perfect at what it does.

Cons

All of that said, yes, the interface does look a little tired. However, I've seen the new version which should be launched by late summer 2016 and it's really impressive. They've rewritten it with a responsive interface which works much better than the current version on a mobile. Because the underlying functionality won't be changing significantly, they're going to let users initially choose whether to be "early adopters" of the new interface, which is a nice touch as change sometimes scares people!

Excellent for small business

The greatest benefit is sharing of customer/contact information internally across team members in an easy fashion at a reasonable price.

Pros

We selected this software for the ease of use. In addition, there was little required for our employees to access immediately. After using this for half a year, it continues to meet and exceed those expectations. Logging in is done through a browser and does not require additional software. Sharing contact information, outstanding tasks for clients, and client specific documents are all easy tasks that are quite intuitive. Also adding new users requires very little effort since there is no software required for to install on an employees computer.

Cons

There are several activities that are a bit clunky/annoying. When adding revenue, it is treated as an opportunity instead of simply entering the revenue for a client. Several apps within the program will also mark this revenue with the British pound instead of the U.S. dollar despite the fact that our settings are on USD. Additionally for reminders you have to use your google calendar instead of the system sending you reminders. When setting these reminders in Google calendar, it always incorrectly translates the date/time to GMT despite the fact that our calendars are on EST. So you have to be careful to reset the correct day/time when entering in to your Google Calendar. We would greatly prefer a reminder system within the program itself instead of the current clunky process.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied November 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I will report the errors you mention regarding currencies and time zones to our Development Team to take a look at. In the meantime, if you would like to contact our Support Team on support@reallysimplesystems.com we can correct these settings for you. Regards.

Neil from NT Software Consultancy Limited

Simple Effective CRM System

Use it for my own software business and 3 other software clients based in New Zealand and UK and it can be used from complete sales pipeline management through to lead generation, depending what my clients need, simple customisation of database fields and screens makes it user configurable a must for different client requirements.

Pros

It was the simplest CRM system I have used compared to a long list of CRM systems used over the last 15 years, it is modern and I can use it on any device I like and web browser effectively. marketing functionality built into the CRM database beats those that need to use 3rd party applications like Mailchimp, everything thats needed is in one system that is evolving and improving over time

Cons

The data conversion and bringing in data was a challenge trying to get it to work, but the support team simply imported the data for me when it was required, data import/export functionality has been improved.

Andrea from Aspect Scientific

Great software

We use primarily for the service & support to log customer instrument faults - RSS helps massively as anything related to the case or customer is in one place. Being able to attach correspondence is great.

Pros

Its very easy to use and being able to tweak fields and add extra boxes is very beneficial in a small business as our needs are constantly changing. Support is great - always reply or sort within 1-2 days.

Cons

It's a shame that the tasks aren't linked with outlook possibly to give you an active reminder instead of you looking at the task list. Also, items that have gone red in the opportunities list - if these could be visible on the front screen with the urgent tasks reminder, this would be good. As we use the service & support mainly - its good but it could be really improved if it had a planning tool for jobs i.e. Engineer site visits linked with the cases and so you could capture response times, first time fix & feedback. We use another software called Workmobile that contains our onsite engineer service reports - if it could link with this and send reports directly into the cases, this would save us time with manual attachments. As we use the opportunities fields for assets, it would be good to separate these out so the opportunities can be used for our prospects. Have you ever thought about adding a quality management section?

Mark from LimeBPO

Speed of deployment and the ease of modification and use make this a winner for SME's

super fast deployment of sales and marketing function. Ease of use, ease of modification.

Pros

perfect for CRM basics of sales & marketing, deployment and customisation is so end user friendly, I have not found anything to come close. You don't need any skills, it's built in such an easy to use way. You can import and export your data without any issues. Most people tend to over-buy on the technology, fail to deploy the basics and end up with a useless CRM. Really Simple Systems does all the basics so very well and unlike other CRM's where you buy then need to purchase further apps and add-ons just to make it do what you wanted in the first place, this just does it. The support from the team is always very quick and they will jump on a call also if you need it. If you want a cost effective tool that really work great for sales and marketing where anyone can use it with little to no experience or expertise, this is your product for sure. Forget the bells and whistles CRM sales people try to lure you in with.. If you want core basics to deliver, it's these guys.

Cons

If you want more than sales and marketing, if you want all those apps and add on's then look elsewhere.

August 2016

Chris from My Local Leads

August 2016

A Game Changer!

After being a bit overwhelmed by a number of different CRMs out there, I was determined to find something very basic with A) a limited amount of fields (but enough to do the job), B) affordability, C) excellent support and D) ease of use on mobile. Really Simple Systems has delivered on all counts- and then some. I sent an email to support mentioning that, although I love the software, I had two things on my "wish list" for their next update. I sent that request on a Tuesday morning. I received a reply within an hour (!) telling me they think they could accommodate me on both fronts. By Wednesday morning, BOTH of my requests had been incorporated into the software. Yes. You read that right. 24 hours later! I was blown away as these two enhancements continue to save me time and money on a daily basis. My advice for anyone is to try Really Simple Systems for a month or two to get a taste of how easy it is to use and how amazing the support team is. This is a game changer for small business owners like myself.

Pros

Affordability. Ease of use. Mobile interface. Unparalleled Customer Support.

Cons

None.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied August 2016

Hi Chris Thanks for your endorsement. I'm not sure every development request happens quite so quickly but we do try our best! Fortunately, with a simple CRM like ours there is a lot we can do to to accommodate our customers so we are pleased to hear it has been so successful for you. Best regards Helen Armour Marketing Manager

Bruce from RISC IT Solutions Ltd

Easy to use CRM

If nothing else the audibility of customer interactions, this allows us to see any \ all communications with the customer.

Pros

Only pay for the functionality you need. Some other CRM's include marketing, systems management, financials, etc. but if you don't need them don't buy them. Its a very easy system for users to pick up, comprised of a core architecture: Customers \ Companies = Accounts Contacts = the customers name, email, telephone Tasks = To Do list Activities = records the history of what you've done with that customer Opportunties = Won or lost sales records Then there's the reporting, where anything you put into Really Simple Systems can be interrogated, not just the content of certain restricted fields.

Cons

We're looking to do some integration and other CRM platforms easily allow this through API services, such as IFTTT or Zapier, Really Simple Systems only provide an API. You can of course code this into whatever you want, but will require time.

Troy from HomeMediaGeeks.Com

Really Simple is really simple. Which is really ideal!

As the owner, the manager, the sales rep, the customer service rep, in charge of returns, customer issues, I am the definition of jack of all trades. My business is just starting, but I realized it doesn't mean its not worthy of using quality software to help me save a few minutes here and a few minutes there. I was hesitant at first to go with any software because I kept saying to myself who needs management software when you are the only employee! But after getting some serial numbers mixed up with customers names one time... That was it! I needed help running my online business. I tried several different products. Started out using Team Viewer but then about fell out of my chair at the price. Used a Live Chat program for a while. But I cant always be at a desk waiting for that customer to hit the chat button. Then other CRM's were so bloated with stuff that just didn't make sense to my business. Then I spotted Really Simple Systems. The name is what got my foot in the door. I figured heck lets give it a try. So glad I did!

Pros

Has just enough information that its not redundant. I love the pay as you go approach. Instead of bogging us down with several hundred dollars worth of software we may never use, or even worse free versions that don't cover enough services to make you want to start using their products at all! I wanted a product that tells me what happened, when and how I did something, to whom and when, what the outcome was, and will then continue to bug me if I haven't done it yet.

Cons

Would like to see more third party integrations. Now days it seems like almost every app, software, smart phone, computer, tablet, printer, etc connect to each other somehow.

Bradley from Pivotal Tools

Industry: Supermarkets

Really Simple Systems - Really Great for a Startup

Really Simple Systems was just what we needed as a SaaS startup who was lean, but with lots of prospects and really needed a CRM that was affordable, easy to setup with the potential to scale. We definitely got that with Really Simple Systems. They've been great to work with. Strongly recommend them.

Pros

Very easy to setup, especially the CRM portion. One of my partners had never used a CRM previously and was able to start using it and be productive (really productive) almost immediately. It was very affordable for us to get started which combined with the positive reviews that we saw it made it very attractive to us. Their support is great! Really responsive. You never feel like you're talking to a black hole. Really important for us.

Cons

They have some work to do on the marketing module. There is an update coming, and it will help a lot. This module is just clunky at the moment, especially the email editor.

Mary from Midwest Library Service

Industry: Libraries

I have used other CRM software and RSS is all you need, it is simple but useful and to the point.

Their Customer support is the best. I send an email and they respond quickly. I thought as a UK company, getting a response to a request would be the next day at best since I'm on the west coast. Some things are easy and I say Duh, but some are complex and you get the same excellent service. It is easy to do marketing campaigns, it is easy to change fields and add drop downs. You should think things out before moving forward but know that you can change a field. The flexibility is great. And there is also online help, videos, and webinars. It is simple to use and understand.

Pros

It really is simple. Reports are easy to run. I've used other CRM's and the reporting can be very confusing. It is not over done. It is a CRM, not trying to run your inventory or production from this software. You can pick it up on your smartphone and tablet, which is helpful for on the road sales folks. Quick support answers are always helpful.

Cons

The limit of the 20 fields.

Matt from British Red Cross

Fantastic, customer focused support

Pros

By far the best part about RSS is the team - they're very focused on helping us with what we want and looking at creative ways to get the job done. We've worked very closely with them over the years on a number of projects, and they're by far one of the best software teams I've worked with. The system is simple (surprise!) and it's never taken long for us to train new staff on it.

Cons

The upgrade to version 5 took quite a while, however has been much needed and the new software has been regularly updated - far more regularly than previously, so the wait was worth it. There are a few times that we've needed a bit more complexity than the system offers - however the team have been good at exploring different ways to approach what we want.

David from Ronaldsway Aircraft Company Ltd

Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

Glad to have a straightforward system, which just about covers all my needs.

A compact place to store all my customer sales information.

Pros

I am able to contain all the relevant information about my customer in one place. I have been grateful for the prompt responses from the support team when I have had some issues.

Cons

Not being able to attach actual documents into the customer account. Not a big fan of cloud base systems. I have not worked out how to put alerts and reminders against specific customers, therefore I would like to be able to find this out alongside other applications, either by webinar or video link. Also just been advised that we have been upgraded from version 4 to 5. Layout is very different from the previous one. Not sure the change was necessary unless it substantially improves the ease of use.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied July 2017

Hi David, thanks very much for posting a review. You mention not being able to attach documents to a customer account. You can attach documents - there is a specific field for this on the company account page, if you scroll to the bottom. You can drag and drop a file or click to search. If you have any difficulties do please contact our support team for help on support@reallysimplesystems.com. Best regards

February 2015

Richard from Printers Green Resource

February 2015

Really Simple is just that.

Pros

I have experience with some of the larger CRM products and they are probably justified for very large and complicated organizations. But, they are far too complicated, often times require programming or special knowledge to customize and are very expensive for a smaller businesses. Most of us need a CRM that provides the business basics such as forecasting, maintaining customer information, document and record storage and the ability to schedule and document activities. After trying quite a few options I found Really Simple Systems to be very easy to use and adapt to my business requirements. The cost is more than reasonable for what you get. I ran my business on the free version for quite awhile until I grew to a point where I wanted to add features that had a cost associated with them. Don't buy an over engineered product. Buy what you need.

Cons

So far it has everything I need. Since I am paranoid about losing data and loss of internet connectivity, it would be nice if the program could provide an option to reside on my computer. If the internet or my service is down, I cannot adequately run my business without access to Really Simple.

Carl

Helpful and Useful tool

WJ is a small local business based in Hull. We have around 30 employees and specialise in several different areas from anti-slip decking to Timber Treatment and through to metalwork engineering. As the company salesman it is essential that I have regular and consistent contact with my customers as well as a smooth way of keeping records of these meetings. Without Really Simple Systems I would use a diary to keep track of this. This however makes it very difficult for anybody but me to understand where we are with each customer in our sales and follow up cycle. I always struggle to maintain order with this. Really Simple Systems offers not only a great way to keep and maintain a customer diary but also allows me to keep meeting notes and documents all stored in the same that everyone can also see.

Pros

When we have ever had issues with the system and contacted customer service we have always had a response within 24hrs which has been understandable, concise and always helpful. the task setting and reminder system is accurate, amendable and 'Really Simple'. We had an issue around sales tracking and Forecasting where we wanted to be able to see monthly potential sales if a sale was to come off. However when we questioned and asked if this was possible within about 6 hours the facility to do what we want had been added in to the system which we greatly appreciated.

Cons

We have no issues around the system.

Love this software!

As a relatively new Company (2016) it was really helpful that RSS CRM was free until we reached 100 accounts. We passed that just recently and upgraded to a payment option. In terms of applying for business loans it was great to be able to easily download a list of enquiries and demonstrate how many projects we had won and what was in the pipeline.

Pros

Easy to use. The reports are great and easy to customise. Webinars are really helpful

Cons

Nothing really. If I was being picky I'd like the facility to change the account name of an opportunity as sometimes our projects can be sold on to other clients and it would save uploading them all over again. I would also like the software to be compatible to other software that create dashboards

Steve from IIZUKA Software Technologies Ltd

Perfectly suited to us as a small business

We use really simple sytems CRM for managing our client accounts and tracking opportunities for new sales. It works excellently and our team are very pleased with it

Pros

Really Simple Systems CRM works brilliantly for our business as it's quite to use and setup, but still has all the features we need. On the rare occasions when we've had to the use the support service the team have been very respoonsive

Cons

The ability to merge duplicate organisations would be very useful; instead you have to delete one and update the other

Byron from Bonny Bridal Europe Ltd.

An easy to use, high quality CRM, with great features and excellent customer support.

As a company we've been able to grow considerably due to the fact that Really Simple Systems allows us to easily keep track of communications with our existing accounts and potential customers. We've been able to drip feed marketing emails and other mailshots using their fantastic email system.

Pros

Really Simple Systems is fantastic. I've never had an issue with it. It's a highly capable system with all the features you could need from a CRM. The email tool is fantastic and the dashboard gives you an at-a-glance look at your sales performance. Also, if you ever get stuck, their support team is incredible.

Cons

The only thing I haven't enjoyed is the time between version 4 and version 5. In the changeover period things became slightly clunky and it maybe wasn't as seamless a process as they might've wanted. It's all working fine now though.

Alex from Joomwalker

Exactly what it says on the tin!

I have been using this product for over ten years when I was introduced to it when working at Iizuka and subsequently for my own business. I have also introduced it to other small businesses and one homeless charity I worked for called Emmaus. RSS were generous enough to provide it pro bono! It was a fantastic way of keeping profiles of each resident and sharing the information should the resident move on to another establishment. It solved a complex problem very easily!

Pros

The product is very easy to use. It is easy to manager clients and the interactions with me. whether it be by phone or email. With the subscription product, emails can be synced with the client details which saves having to copy and paste.

Neil from NT Consultancy

Excellent UK based and GDPR Compliant CRM System

1. Created a single CRM database for all my sales and marketing records built up over the last 20 years. 2. Brilliant email/campaign marketing module with excellent dashboard view of all email campaigns. 3. Simple web based CRM system based on a low cost SaaS pricing model backed up by an excellent support team.

Pros

Replaced all my old Excel worksheets built up over the last 20 years with a single web based CRM application available to access on my Laptop, iPad and iPhone and giving complete flexibility of access to data. Easy and intuitive to use with an excellent dashboard view, task management, sales pipeline and built in reports and excellent dashboard widgets. Good simple annual pricing model based on users and modules required and simple and easy to use CRM system.

Cons

Data import was not a simple as it looked to be and needed support team to import my CSV files, this was done quickly and efficiently by the support team.

David from Real Group

Does what it says on the box

This software has helped our company to grow from a start-up business to a medium-sized business.

Pros

It's great to see everything you need to know about an account or contact at a glance. It's very helpful to have a task list that keeps your focused and on track. Our operations and sales teams enjoy using this software.

Cons

There are limitations to very specific customisation that you might want to achieve, e.g. we weren't able to use it to track the student progress our learners. But then, it's a CRM system - not a fully featured student information system.

Colin from The Business Evaluation Centre

Simple as promised, but let down by a fixed architecture and apathetic customer service attitude.

It was adequate when we started out, but the service forced us to explore other options.

Pros

As expected it's simple to use and get the hang of - basic but functional. The latest version - 5 - is bright and clear on the screen.

Cons

The architecture is inflexible and really didn't suit our business (combined B2B and B2C) without us fudging workarounds. We would have lived with it, and even put up with the mid-term price hike they sprung on us, but it was customer service that killed it. Emails and phone responses were cold and unhelpful. I know they are British so we were prepared for the attitude, but even with that they didn't seem to care about a small business our size. This spurred us to look around, and we found solutions out there with totally superior architecture and service that were priced similarly. So, to the relief of my staff, we made the effort to migrate away.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied October 2017

Colin, thank you for your review. I'm sorry to hear our CRM did not suit you and your business. It is designed for B2B so is not a perfect solution if your business is also B2C. Our products and services are designed specifically for small businesses and this is our key audience, with single-user systems upwards. I apologise if we gave the impression that your business was not important to us at any stage, as this is definiately not the case. I also apologise if our customer service was in any way lacking in your experience. We pride ourselves on our service and 99.9% of the time receive great feedback from our customers praising our exceptional service. I am pleased to hear you have found a CRM system that better suits your needs and I wish you and your business continued success. Kind regards Helen Armour Marketing Manager

Anna from ElasticHosts Ltd

Comprehensive CRM backed by great support

We have been using Really Simple Systems for 7 years now and they have supported us the whole way through - nothing has ever been too much trouble, and any issues have always been cleared up promptly and effectively. Highly recommend.

Pros

I like that we were able to easily customize the system to our requirements and use web transactions to capture data from our website directly into the CRM. I also like the integrated marketing email functionality.

Cons

Gordon from Kigtek Solutions Ltd.

Replacement for MS Business Contact Manager

Very simple costing structure and scale-able. Easy to start with the free version to try it out and upgrade as necessary. For some users could see how the free version might be enough. The system in generally fairly intuitive to use and replaces BCM well. Have used the customer support a couple of times and they have been very quick to reply and very helpful. Encountered a couple of limitations with the reporting but by no means a show stopper. Biggest down for us is the inability to add activities/notes on an opportunity basis. This can only be done at an account level.

Pros

Easy to use. Low entry cost. Really good customer service.

Cons

Would like to be able to add notes or activities at an opportunity level.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied November 2016

Hi Gordon, Thank you for your comments. Glad to hear the CRM is working well for you. I have raised your feature request, to be able to add notes to opportunities, with our development manager. Hopefully, this is something we can add in due course. Kind regards Helen Armour Marketing Manager

Melanie from DIRECT SAFETY SOLUTIONS LTD

Industry: Environmental Services

Does what it says on the tin!!

We have used this system for many years now, and I am very happy with it. All employees find it easy to use, it is very straightforward. From my point of view as administrator - it is easy to add employees as the company grows, it is very easy to train the employees and it is very easy to monitor.

Pros

Very simple but very effective. It is simple to add employees as the business grows. Very little training is required - which is important to me.

Cons

I am finding it hard to think of a negative - maybe could be slightly cheaper!

Norbert N. from Birdseye Energy Consulting GmbH

Industry: Renewables & Environment

The first CRM I tried, and it's easy to use

Before, my functionality with clients and prospects was scattered over a couple of applications and a lot of files. Now everything is together. Before I call a customer, I have the information at my fingertips and it is difficult to catch me on a distraction. The pricing plans allow growing as quick as the requirements and for now, I have room for a lot of customers. Every possible prospect: into the CRM! I can't imagine turning back to my spreadsheets...

Pros

The support is very personal, if there is an issue, you have one main person (not every time another) that will resolve it or forward to a colleague. But this main person knows your story and your mindset. The answers to questions or issues are really quick. Then the software is easy to use and there are many links that bring you quickly where you want. It is just what I need and for a very reasonable price.

Cons

There are no real issues. Some features are new for me as it is the first CRM that I use, but I note that with a bit of curiosity from my side and a lot of goodwill from the company, I learn quickly.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied February 2019

Thanks for the great review Norbert. It's very pleasing to hear how well you are progressing with the CRM. You know where to find us if we can help any further. Kind regards

Neil from Tassomai Ltd

Worke great for the size of business we are

It helps us to organising our clients. We will need more help in the future as we grow.

Pros

Its integration with Xero accounts is what I like most. This has helped give an accurate reading of what is due to us and what is still outstanding. It allows all users to see information relating to the financial status of a customer

Cons

Its very manual and doesn't really let you sort with your own parameters/create your own invoice numbers. I think that the search option could be made easier.

Michael from Zedonk by F2iT

Really Simple Systems

Great.

Pros

Clean and Intuitive interface. You can easily custom-build reports. Powerful newsletter function. Highly reactive support team.

Cons

The general search bar is slow (but that could be to do with the volume of our accounts), also search has to be character and space specific, unlike a Google search. Some of the reports cannot pull all of the sections of data on one report, however the support can normally build a bespoke report for you if you ask them.

Philip from The Paula Bolton Collection

Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Intuitive and reliable

Overall excellent. There seems to be a lot of support and the system works very well.

Pros

I wouldn't be able to do my job without this. I don't need all the detail/options available but it suits me fine to use what I do need.

Cons

I have had occasional trouble with Tasks columns resetting so I can't see Account Name or Description. These can be reset but it's a con to have to do it. That said this problem has only occurred occasionally and has not been a day to day issue.

Jeremy from Risc IT Solutions Ltd

Long term customer

My business has been using RSS CRM for 13 years. We have evolved alongside RSS and are very happy with the productivity and output of all users. Thanks RSS!

Pros

RSS CRM is exactly what it say - really simple - yet packed with CRM functionality! I'm really impressed with the dashboard widgets and reporting We use all available modules to run our business so appreciate the exceptional uptime and rapid support

Cons

I find it a little clunky and hard to visualise on mobile

Murthy from Varshini Consultants

Most reliable CRM

Overall experience with Really Simple Systems has been Great!

Pros

We have been using this Software for nearly Six years now. What we like most about this software is, we never faced any major issue in using this software. We almost always got immediate response whenever there was any concern. And also, there was hardly any downtime.

Cons

The design and cover page could have been changed. Its the same design and same cover page for many years now.

Phil from Tiger Coatings UK Ltd

Industry: Chemicals

Tiger Coatings

The ability to store all data in one place & to be able to run specific reports by market sector

Pros

Easy to use & gives all the detailed reports we require for our business & to be able to manipulate data.

Cons

The pdf reports I run are not sequential & have gaps on the various pages. ie a general report I run should only take up 4 or 5 pages, but actually runs over 10 pages with lots of gaps. I cannot see anywhere or how to adjust this in the setting

Linda from Prime Media Productions

So nice, I'm using it twice

My previous job used Really Simple Systems, which was my first experience with using a CRM. I realized how much easier the CRM made my job. Sure, it takes time to enter information, but once it's there - I can access it from any device. I don't have to wonder what the receptionist's name is at the appointment I'm about to walk into. I just look it up. I like the way the tasks are presented each day. It organizes my time and my bits of information. At my current job, the company doesn't provide a CRM. I signed up for Sales Force, because I didn't think Really Simple Systems had plans for single users. After a few months of Sales Force, which I found cumbersome and just "too cute" - the whole thing is built around a camping theme - I went to the Really Simple Systems website and saw that YES, I could sign up as a solo user. It was a happy day. I immediately signed up and I'm so glad to be back.

Pros

It is so simple to use. I truly feel like the system was designed by people who do my job and know how to structure a CRM that flows naturally with my business.

Cons

The save button on CONTACTS seems misplaced to me. It's the only button of its kind on the accounts and I often forget to hit save before I exit that item.

Response from Really Simple Systems

Replied June 2019

Thanks for the great review! Let us know if you have any extra feedback. :)

Kirsten from Cluer HR

A CRM system that has grown with my business

I started off needing a very simple system that effectively listed my client names and as my business grew I wanted more and more functionality from the system. RSS has always been able to support my needs, offering an excellent email integration function and a brilliant email marketing module to name just a couple! My business now wouldn't function without the help of our RSS CRM.

Pros

Easy to use and different packages to suit different sized businesses

Cons

It would be good if the email integration would include email attachments

Stuart from CDFS NI Ltd

An easy to use and powerful customer database platform

Allows me to keep track of my customers, diarise reminders and important review dates, track business from initial contact to submission and is very simple to use

Pros

Easy to use and customise to your own individual needs. Powerful statistical and lead / sales management tools under the hood which will help streamline and maximise your business opportunities

Cons

I have not found any negatives with the software, it works all the time, every time

Thomas from Another Answer Ltd

December 2015

Get a much back as you put in

Pros

I like the interface of this software; it's clean, readable and the interface is intuitive. I was able to customize the software on a basic level to suit my needs entirely. The fact that it's an opensource (free) product, until you require extra services, makes it very appealing. One thing I like about the vendor, in particular, is the tuition and the tutorial resources available. This creates a sense of a whole package and made me feel like I really had got something for nothing.

Cons

I understand that the product is in early stages, so this should be read more as a point of recommendation, but the vendor should try to enable some integrations with other software (it's suggested that this is on the horizon for RSS). This is something which is very specific to my business (accountancy), but until that stage, this is where other CRMs (even if it means paying from the start) will win the custom, including mine. Seamless workflow is almost unparalleled in this respect On a side note, I find the colouring of the UI a little dark and depressing. The UI is easy but not very cheery (dark blue and black...)

Jay from DxNow, Inc.

Real Simple Systems

We feel as though this product stood out from others evaluated with regards to its logical, intuitive and, yes, simple, structure and user interface. This version of CRM covers all of the essential tools (and not all options do): Contacts, Leads, Accounts, Opportunities Management, Tasks Tracking, Performance Reporting. Additionally, and critically important, is that it also has Marketing Campaign modules, which will allow us to leverage the leads and accounts database for e-mail and digital marketing campaigns for promotion of products, features, events, etc. In addition to the user interface being very logical and intuitive, it also permits a fairly wide latitude for customizing the data fields for contacts, accounts, opportunities and reporting which will be critically important for performance metrics tracking and reporting (there is an extensive menu of default reports, plus we can design our own custom versions). We can easily set up data fields to capture attributes for segment distributors, direct sales customers and market and product segments, for example. The straightforward and simple user interface should help as we add peer and support staff who will also need to adopt the use of the system hopefully, reducing confusion and errors. Their customer support has been fairly responsive so far, even when you are at the Free Level.

Ian from Objectives Reached

CRM for SMEs that can grow with you.

The first business I installed it in was moving from multiple Excel Worksheets and now everyone uses the same data linked to the Accounting system make life easier.

Pros

Compared with many CRMs it is easier to set up. I also think changes as you grow are easier. I am installing it for another company, after using it for 2 years.

Cons

The Marketing Suite is not Simple, it works and I know they are re-writing it.

Rachel from Aston Business School

Using RSS to stay in touch with stakeholders

RSS makes it easy for me to send professional-looking email bulletins to my stakeholders, and to see who is interacting with these emails.

Pros

I mostly use RSS to send email bulletins to stakeholders. The email design feature is comparatively intuitive to use and I can produce a professional-looking email without too much difficulty. The tech support has been brilliant - they are very responsive to an email request for help and sort out my problems very quickly. I like being able to see who has opened and otherwise interacted with my emails.

Cons

Having to hit "save" for an individual section and then "update". I find that I sometimes lose changes which have taken a lot of time to make because I didn't hit "update" often enough. An auto-save function would be helpful. Emails sent from RSS seem to get stuck in companies' spam filters sometimes. The process of setting up a campaign, stages, and adding contacts is not at all intuitive so I find that I always have to refer to my notes about how to do it, instead of being able to fly through it easily.

Marc from Fitzgerald Health Education Assoc. LLC

RSS- best value

We looked at other CRM systems but chose RSS because it appeared to be a simpler, easier way to start up and expand to additional features and far less expensive. We have not been disappointed. The system is more than enough for our needs. I would recommend anyone looking to install CRM look carefully at RSS.

Pros

Easy start up. Other systems recommend consulting services to install. Not needed with RSS Easy to add features

CHRIS from Select Visa Services Ltd

EASY TO USE

Its so easy to use and does all the main tasks we need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use. Cheap to use. Good customer service levels when i have had to call if i am unsure about anything.

Cons

IT CAN NOT LINK TO MY ACCOUNTING SYSTEM. I once tried to use it for marketing purposes and found it to be slow and not as good as other free email campaign services