What are Redtail CRM users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Redtail CRM software through verified user reviews

• icon"Ease of use, amount of resources and linking features is great."
  • icon"Love the workflows system and the various integrations with other relevant software. Very simple to begin using and easy to learn features afterwards."
  • icon"I like the simplicity of the software. It is easy to use and all of the buttons are very distinctive."
  • icon"As far as I know, there is no way to get reminders (a la Outlook) for appointments. I now need to constantly monitor my calendar."
  • icon"Biggest complaint is the lack of calendar and contact syncing with Office 365."
  • icon"Sometimes trying to find or edit a piece of information is very hard to find."

Browse all Redtail CRM Reviews

• Have you used Redtail CRM and would like to share your experience with others?

Great opportunity when leveraged properly

When I started working with Redtail, the previous employees in my office had not learned how to use it properly and so it was a mess. But once I got some training under my belt, I was able to understand Redtail better and started fixing all the errors that previous employees had implemented.

Pros

The team at Redtail really have thought about nearly everything. There are so many amazing features built in to the Redtail CRM that it is only at the user's own neglect if your office isn't operating more efficiently. I really appreciate utilizing automations to trigger workflows, and the reports that can be generated to track results or see an overview of how we've been doing.

Cons

Not everything is necessarily intuitive. But go to Redtail University. The training you get there opens the door to understand how everything works inside of the CRM.

Jess

We love Redtail!

Overall we love Redtail and continually attribute it to the efficiency of our team. Things no longer fall through the cracks because we've taken the time to set up workflows for all of our processes and we all contribute thorough notes to our client records. We use tasks every single day to make sure things are getting done AND that there's a record of someone doing them. We use the reporting options daily and have gained better insights into the business because of the report options available. We absolutely recommend Redtail to anyone looking for an efficient and affordable CRM

Pros

Redtail is cleanest looking and feeling CRM that we trialed. Everything is setup with the user in mind, so it's very easy to use. It's also very intuitive and there aren't many learning curves. The reporting is far above what other systems offer, and the workflows have completely changed the functionality of our team for the better. The ability to set up automations has also improved our processes. Our business runs much more smoothly, efficiently, and quickly because of Redtail. We find that the workflows and automations ensure that there are never gaps in our processes and things get done in a more timely fashion. They are always making updates and improvements based on user request, so over the three years we've been using it, it has only become more functional and user friendly versus feeling outdated. The support team is always available if you need help and the classes they offer are extremely thorough and helpful. The price is very affordable per user and they absolutely deliver quality well above the price point.

Cons

There's not a lot to be disliked about Redtail, but some of the options are technologically advanced and either require a strong ability to be tech savvy or an investment in Redtail University. Various members of our team have attended Redtail University on many occasions and have found it to be extremely helpful in each of our understandings of how certain parts of the system work (mainly workflows) but unfortunately it is an additional $$ investment.

Reasons for switching to Redtail CRM

We made the switch initially because Redtail was more functional for a team, whereas our previous system wasn't as functional for multiple advisors and support staff. Redtail was also more functional visually because of the calendar customization options that they offer. It also felt more technologically forward and our previous system felt outdated.

Amazing CRM

Fantastic!

Pros

This software allows me to do everything I need and then some. If I ever need help customer service has been the best. Everyone has been helpful and friendly. Using this has definitely made my life better from what we used to use.

Cons

Nothing to complain about yet. Once in a while the upload speed it slow, but that could be on my side.

Changed companies

Peter

Decent online CRM with price being one of the best features - but you get what you pay for....

It is one of the lower cost CRM softwares available and for companies that can't afford anything better this is a decent solution. We quickly outgrew it's usage and moved on to something much more robust and usable.

Pros

It is fairly simple to do all of the basic functions of the software. Add contacts and information, look up contacts, edit information. I really liked that there would be a red reminder at the bottom of the webpage letting you know of an upcoming appointment within 30 minutes time. There is a search bar at the top of the screen no matter what page you are on which is nice to be able to change contacts "on the fly". Since it is web-based it is accessible from anywhere you have web access.

Cons

Redtail is almost too simple. Without enough robust features it comes in as a very simple contact manager and calendar. Since it is web based you must keep it open in your web browser at all times to have it easily accessible - BUT - most people have multiple tabs open and it is not "in-your-face" as an software application would/could be. Although there are many pros to having a web based CRM there are drawbacks as well. One being that you are automatically logged out after 30 minutes. I believe this was the highest time you could set it to and this gets old very quickly. The app for phones really stinks too and was barely usable or helpful overall making it almost not even worth using.

Pressilla

Best CRM this Far

All in all, Retail is a great software and the best CRM I have used this far. It allows me to so what I need to strive with my clients and meet their needs. I like it a lot and hope to be a customer for a very long time.

Pros

Where do I start? I love how detailed it is. It allows me to: 1. Customize fields which is super important because there are certain things that we keep track of that is unique to us and wouldn't necessarily be popular fields found in CRMs. 2. Manage Contacts. The Contact Details that can be saved are great for managing your clients and getting to know them. The Membership feature is especially cool for connecting contacts that know each other like family members, friends or even coworkers. This is really great especially for referrals. Oh and it helps you to keep track of your Referrals because there is a field for that and a slot to show who referred the person. 3. Manage my tasks easily. I can reschedule task, schedule them for all day whick is my favorite so that it does not interfere with other things scheduled at specific time. This is perfect for tasks that really have no deadline in that day. Allows you to assign tasks by teams, link contacts and notes and even link additional contacts or accounts. It's very cool. 4. I love that it's built like an Investment software so many of the fields are already related to Finance which is right in the alley for Insurance. 5. And my favorite feature of all is the Reminder. Never miss another important moment with this CRM.

Cons

Although I love this CRM, it could use a few improvements. It doesn't allow me to delete or replace fields that it comes with which is a bit annoying because some are unrelated to my business and instead of adding more to what's there,I would prefer to just delete and keep only what I need to avoid the cluster. The next big thing for me is that the workflows (which I love the feature of) does not list under my task although they are tasks to be completed. The workflow tasks are only displayed under the workflow category which takes an extra step to get to. Once there, you will find tasks under your workflow to complete. It would be great if they were listed under the General tasks too.

Reasons for switching to Redtail CRM

Better features for what I needed.

Alexandra (Alex)

Redtail provides functional CRM for finance professionals

Redtail does what I need it to do for the most part.

Pros

I like the layout; the information is spread out on the screen in a way that is it is easy to read and find what you're looking for.

Cons

Certain functionalities are not available. Specifically I wanted the ability to have a Redtail hard-coded field for annuity maturity dates. I also want ability to show when client canceled appointment rather than removing it entirely from the database.

n/a

Reasons for switching to Redtail CRM

Redtail is industry specific.

Zach

Redtail Customer Service Review

the CRM software is great, however the customer service experience we have received takes away from the value of this product

Pros

Ease of use and navigation - it is very easy

Cons

There is a serious lack of training at the initial on-boarding. Also, the biggest negative - the customer service team needs a lot of work. You constantly have to follow up with them after weeks of waiting, and even when you follow up, they never have an answer or solution, and state that they need to contact another team member for an update, then you end up waiting another week or two before any progress is made. This scenario has occurred with our team at least a dozen times.

We agreed to work with Morningstar, and Redtail CRM was offered as a add-on

We agreed to work with Morningstar, and Redtail CRM was offered as a add-on

Tara

RedTail

RedTail is a good CRM but some of the functionality could be improved on so it isn't so "clicky"

Pros

They only charged per office and allowed up to a certain number of users without any additional costs. We could add or remove profiles ourselves for new or terminated employees.

Cons

You had to make multiple "clicks" to get certain information for clients. They didn't truly integrate with several of the software programs. Integrations were mostly single-sign-on. Emails had to be copy and pasted to contact profiles.

Reasons for choosing Redtail CRM

I have been in the industry for a long time and was already familiar with RedTail. At the time we switched, RedTail was the premier industry leader for CRMs.

Reasons for switching to Redtail CRM

SmartOffice was out-dated and not user friendly

Great fit for small to medium sized RIAs looking for a CRM solution tuned to the Financial Advisor.

Straight forward migration from ACT with good migration support, so we were up and running quickly. We now have an SEC-compliant, cloud-based CRM which seamlessly tracks and archives client email communications and has a good SEC-compliant document repository.

Pros

Low price point for a CRM that is built from the ground up to support Financial Advisers. SEC-compliant document management and email make this easy to archive and track client documents and communications in the secure cloud. Good integration with CopyTalk.

Cons

The iphone app is really not that robust. It's ok, but we would much rather see a higher performance, more feature rich implementation.

Use it Every Day and Love It!

Very positive! The workflows and activity tracking have helped make us very efficient and they also integrate with so many other platforms that it saves us a lot of time from duplicate data entry

Pros

The customer service is extremely responsive and easy to work with. I also really liked that we had a trainer reach out to us and do a one on one session to make sure we had everything set up correctly. So nice to get that kind of attention when we aren't a big company.

Cons

The alerts for the calendar are the only thing I wish they could improve on.

Ahmed

December 2021

The most friendly CRM

My overall experience with redtail I love it, it let me and my team deal with new customers efficiently and no more time to set workflows and there's always record's for all processes and steps, documentation is secured and can be retrieved easily

Pros

Redtail provides special experiment with Customer Relationship Management solutions specially financial fields beside the ability to integrate with different apps ,Redtail provides me with organized documents Management

Cons

Redtail requires high internet connection speed and sometimes lagging but the customer support are always available which makes these issues easier

Matthew

Excellent set up

Redtail CRM software has a very intuitive setup. However, the mobile app leaves something to be desired. A persistent password reset issue, and he absence of push notifications makes the app clunky to use. The core of the software is as intuitive as any though.

Pros

Intuitive, very efficient

Cons

Subpar mobile app experience due to recurring password resets and no push notifications for calendar events

Thomas

April 2022

Redtail

Good

Pros

Syncs with broker dealer. easy to navigate pages.

Cons

Doesn't separate out tasks and calendar.

I will switch to WB

Henry

April 2022

Inexpensive Option relative to Salesforce

Even with limitations, it is a good value and does what a CRM should do - track interactions.

Pros

The bare bones features - CRM / tasks etc are fine but as you move up the ladder in terms of what you require from a CRM this is not such a great option as you grow. I think this is a great tool for a small start up because of the cost differential but as we are growing it is easy to see why th eadded cost of more robust systems is justified

Cons

While there are features that can be utilized, they are not so easy to implement and the lack of customer service is a negative as you grow

Allyson

Redtail CRM Review

Pros

This program is extremely user friendly to use.

Cons

The downside is there isn't a way to customize things.

SmartOffice

Ryan

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Great CRM

We have been using this CRM for about 3 months now after a recommendation from a Field Marketing Office and we haven't looked back since. I had experience with other CRMs like SalesForce, while SF is still fantastic and top-tier, I find this to be a better value for the money.

Pros

I love that this CRM allows us to break down different tabs that are relevant to what we do as Financial Advisors. We have a clients section, prospect section, and even a seminar sections where we are able to track and market to those that are signed up for a workshop or dinner seminar, it helps us compartmentalize the different categories and groups that we are trying to engage

Cons

Honestly, the only qualm I would have is that I wish there was a better integration with drip email software, but that might be user error.

Price

Great CRM

Overall, I am very impressed with Redtail. I wasn't a part of the team who chose this software. It was in place when I joined my present company. But I have enjoyed using it and wish I'd been given it for the previous companies I worked with.

Pros

Redtail allows you to input just about every detail imaginable about your clients. It gives you birthday reminders. You're able to store related documents for client accounts. It integrates with multiple software programs so that client information can pre-populate when you're completing applications. It allows you a simple way to document client conversations. It's just about the most robust CRM I've seen out! Wow!

Cons

I think this is a minor drawback but it matters because other programs seem to offer this option. You cannot merge records. If you find the you have entered a client twice, there's no way to merge the records and keep what you want to keep.

Mandy

Great CRM for your Small Business

Pros

The team behind RedTail are always trying to improve their software based on suggestions from users. They hold trainings that travel around the country yearly so there is sure to be one near you. Unlike most software trainings, these are FUN! It's a very robust system with many detailed reports and some great search functionality too.

Cons

When changing your password (required periodically) you can't use the last THIRTEEN passwords. It says something for the security of the program but, c'mon....13?!

Jeremiah

Not impressed by the user-interface, but the CRM serves it's function.

We are able to see detailed notes on clients, and those notes never go away.

Pros

I enjoy that all information is thoroughly saved once it's in the system. You can't accidentally or intentionally delete comments/notes on clients accounts. This is crucial in a field where we need to know what has been communicated to our clients. This CRM allows us to produce reports that show when/where the client came in. This is an important process to understand how we should interact with clients to better serve them.

Cons

There are a lot of things I dislike with the software, especially for how much it costs. The interface is somewhat easy to learn, but it tends to be clunky. It takes longer than I would hope to find client names in the database, and it seems the product focuses more on integrating with other companies than it does on simplicity. Adding activities/tasks on a to-do list is something we highly value. The process of adding new tasks tends to be a little overcomplicated, and it doesn't organize well. Using workflows for specific clients is not very easy either. We spent a lot of time developing workflows for clients, but ended up ditching it for handwritten notes! Ouch. It was quicker, more efficient, and more reliable than using the CRM.

Barbara

WARNING: You might need a computer programming degree to use this software!

I use it only for database information. It is a powerful tool but LACKS usability and the ability for people to get informative reports

Pros

It is a GREAT database tool, so much information in one place

Cons

Using this information EFFICIENTLY & EFFECTIVELY is near-impossible. The reporting area is the most-complex, time-consuming, difficult, complicated, horrific, stressful thing I've ever witnessed in my 30+ years in the workforce. JUST TO RUN A SIMPLE REPORT to gather the amazing database information, requires a huge headache to figure out. It is NOT SIMPLE, it is NOT USER-FRIENDLY at all. It takes multiple steps and a host of IF, AND, OR, BUT, EQUAL to, or LESS THAN, or is not blank, etc., etc., etc., to perform. Then to get a printout in a clean, readable, PDF type-file???? Forget about it! I have to call customer service EVERY SINGLE TIME I need to run a report. Something that should only take a few moments to run takes HOURS. I have been using this for several years, complain about it on forums along with a host of many others, but it has yet to be addressed. This software should not be this difficult to use. If you only need a database, this will serve your needs. If you need in-depth reports to use the information you have, good luck!

Ryan

HMFG Redtail Review

Pros

Having an interface that talks to other programs has helped out quite a bit. The ability to have a program do more tedious work that is done repeatedly has saved the firm time doing more important things.

Cons

There are not many things that we see as a negative. Some of the options that are there to help customize are a bit hard to find but besides that there are not many issues.

Phillip

Great CRM

We have been users of RedTail for 10+ years and only utilize a small portion of what is available, yet the $ spent is well worth it.

Pros

Ease of use, amount of resources and linking features is great.

Cons

Can sometimes be overwhelming or difficult to navigate - mainly learning curve issues, but I'm not a big enough user to justify the cost of the "school".

Chelsea

Terrible Customer Service and Tech Support

There were many features and functions that were touted during the discovery process and were main reasons why we choose Redtail Tailwag CRM over others. But after migrating our data into the system, we learned many of those features and functions don't work. Working with the customer service team to get these issues resolved has been an absolute nightmare. We are constantly told "our tech team is working on a fix, and unfortunately we don't know when this issue will be fixed". And you have to stay on top of these issues, or else the tech team will simply stop working on your issue, and when you follow up with customer service, they start the entire process all over again. We have over 5 issues with the CS team right now that have been pending for over a year! If changing CRM systems and getting comfortable with the new software wasn't such a large undertaking for the firm, we would have switched to a different CRM a long time ago.

Pros

- cloud based - sleek interface

Cons

- Terrible customer service - Terrible tech support - Poor functionality - Too many features and not enough of them work

Andy

Redtail

Great product for financial advisors. Takes some getting used to.

Pros

My favorite aspect of Redtail is the vast number of integrations with other applications. Redtail does this very well.

Cons

It seems bloated and their email solution is from the dark ages.

Reasons for choosing Redtail CRM

Recommended by my mentor and OSJ who recruited me.

Olivia

Invaluable for People in the Financial Planning/Accounting Space

Pros

1. Customer Service is INCREDIBLE. They will do a one-on-one training with you, any time, any where, no matter the issue you have. 2. A near infinite amount of reports and searches can be run, which makes getting your contact database cleaned up super easy. 3. Notes can be pinned to the top of a contact 4. Quicklist feature at the top is super helpful for people you regularly need to contact 5. Templated notes makes note taking for things like tax season really easy

Cons

1. I wish notes could be edited. 2. I wish notes were viewable in email, although this may be a compliance issue.

Redtail CRM