All Samsara Reviews

L. Houston

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

PROS

I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

CONS

The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

Capterra reviews!

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Samsara is robust, very user-friendly, and is scalable.

Junior

Reviewed April 2024

Best products on the market for the transportation industry

It's been great, I thinks it's the best you can get and I have an excellent working relationship with my rep [sensitive content hidden].

PROS

Broad range of products, best products on the market. I like that I can call my Rep [sensitive content hidden] at any time and assistance with existing products and services and get the same level of interest and commitment that I received when he sold it to me. He supports what he sells.

CONS

The customer service and reporting a problem through the system. If I call my rep it's great customer service. If I can't get in touch with him or I used the reporting on line it takes far to long to get help and resolution

Reasons for switching to Samsara

We wanted one provider for everything, and Samsara checked all of the boxes. We love technology, it makes us the best at what we do.

ANTHONY

WAS A GREAT COMPANY AND NOW ITS TERRIBLE

There customer service is terrible. No one has the ability to help. Worst company to deal with issues ever.

PROS

There customer service is terrible. No one has the ability to help. Growth turned this once great company to trash.

CONS

There customer service is terrible. No one has the ability to help. Woke management will not help.

Reason for choosing Samsara

When they started we had a dedicated person to our account. No one can help anymore.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

There customer service is horrible. No one has the ability to help. They operate just like Comcast.

We always aim to put our customers first and are very sorry to hear this has been your experience. We have forwarded your feedback to the appropriate teams. We've also located your account and can confirm that a member of our team has reached out to you recently to resolve your issues.

Replied May 2024

Peggy

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

IF YOU HAVEN'T SWITCHED TO SAMSARA, YOU SHOULD!

PROS

It is such an easy system to use and what's even better is how easy it is to teach drivers how to use! Makes orientation much simpler. The customer support is always top notch!

CONS

When trying pull data for reports sometimes selecting exactly what you want is not as easy as it should be, i.e. date ranges, grouping.

RECCOMENDATION FROM OUR RISK MANAGEMENT COMPANY

VERY DISASTISFIED WITH THE PRODUCT AND SUPPORT FROM OMNITRACKS

Darren

Construction, 11-50 employees

Safety is the goal

Starting with the first rep that we talked to our overall experience has been fantastic. Everybody says yes we get no no’s

PROS

The safety section is by far the best and what I use all the time

CONS

No problem, don’t have any real problems. Customer service can solve whatever I need.

Reason for choosing Samsara

We had to choose between continuing with motive or getting your product. Your product was much better and you gave us the proper amount of money to get out of the contract.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

We needed a product that just simply worked better and Samsara does that

Mihail

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2021

Samsara User

Customer service it's very poor. I takes forever to fix simple problem. In case if app quit working or something went wrong and driver gets an violation because of the app customer service refuse to fix or remove that violation. Be careful with contract. They hook customers on service agreement ,in case if you cancel before term they will ask for return the device back plus pay the rest of the term left.

PROS

Manager dashboard it's really good developed, and easy to use. GPS its accurate and camera works great and fast.

CONS

Driver app its hard to use and it's slow. Hard time to edit logs. Crossing border glitches. Doesn't give warning to driver in case if driver forget to do DVIR.

Reason for choosing Samsara

I thought it's great customer service and great app for drivers but I was wrong. After so many cases open with technical department I decided to move.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Because they don't have camera option and it's expensive.

Matthew

Oil & Energy, 10,000+ employees

great program

very pleased with the everyday operations of the program

PROS

tracking drivers and helping direct them

CONS

nothing yet. i do like everything so far

Reasons for switching to Samsara

company decided i was a better way to go forward with the company

Richard

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Love me some Samsara

I cant ra e enpugh about Samsara. We delt with other companys but none can compare.to Samsar. Love me some Samsara.

PROS

All the features and no options. Especially the camera system.

CONS

That we didnt get it sooner. The system just works.

Reason for choosing Samsara

Noneco.pared to theircamera system and how fast you get. Video.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Imnitracs sucks. Didntwork. No support. Over charged us.

Adam

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Samsara THE System

it's a top notch so far. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to upgrade

PROS

We finally found a system that does it all and accurate. I am still learning, but that's due to the wealth of knowledge it contains.

CONS

Nothing so far. It has been easy to use and navigate for our team

Reasons for switching to Samsara

The system was not designed to handle our needs

Anton

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Very Happy with Samsaras product.

Very positive. We have installed Samsara in all of our equipment, fleet vehicles, and over the road trucking assets.

PROS

Video AI, ease of use of Samsara dashboard, reports, and instant notifications.

CONS

System continues to read as running if asset goes into a cell dead zone and racks up inacurate engine hours. Causes John Deere equipment to go into De-Rate when connected to equipment ECM.

Jonathan

Logistics and Supply Chain, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Good tracking app

Not bad at all it will depend most likelynin the user but is really complete

PROS

I love the libe tracking yo can see in the map where is your truck and calculate the eta also can send the tracking link to the customers

CONS

To be honest it is a good app but qe also use macropoint and macropoint is our first option also drivers preffers MP

Andres

Next level tech.

Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

PROS

*Easy to use *Can be used on different platforms *Looks very high tech

CONS

On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Reason for choosing Samsara

have more features and have E-logs, GPS, Cameras all integrated.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

*The software was not to standars *Customer service was bad. Always took a long time to get someone on the phone for help and when you got one very rarely they could help you with the issue.

Julia

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Buyer beware

Samsara engages in unethical business practices. Buyer Beware. I had canceled my contract and purchased another system. The company was very clear that the contract would not renew. Low and behold, they automatically renewed it and are giving me the run around. Also, they double billed me in 2020 and I had to fight tooth and nail to have them credit my account. I was also sent and billed for a device I never used. I contacted them immediately about their shippng error. It was a nightmare. Their finance department strong arms you. They spend all their money on their sales team. The customer service and billing departments are ruthless and unethical. GO ELSEWHERE. Here was my letter to their finance dept "1) have an unused GPS device from Samsara, I want to make sure I haven't been charged for this. 2) The program hasn't been working for Dogwalks. There are at least two vans that I cannot track using the latest version of Chrome. I was on the phone with customer service for over an hour trying to troubleshoot this one day. 3) The system did not work for months for a few of our vehicles. Samsara customer support was of no help. I had to pay a mechanic hundreds of dollars to find the problem and fix it. 4) Yesterday I wanted to find out where I could find information about the different "contracts" Dogwalks has but unfortunately I was constantly interrupted. I'd like to work with a person at Samsara that can help me understand how Samsara works. I genuinely did not understand

PROS

Easy to install Provides GPS tracking but not as detailed or accurate of other companies.

CONS

Doesn't work in Chrome. Had to spend hours with customer service, renewing Chrome, logging on to different devices and browsers to no avail. So I could only track some NOT all of my fleet. This went on for months and I was never given a credit.

Reason for choosing Samsara

They have an aggressive sales team that misled me about price, contract and functionality.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Unethical and shady business practices. Devices didn't work for over a year and I was billed for them

Bruce

Reviewed May 2021

Great Asset

Over all a great system for the money. Drivers take to it easily, dispatchers like the flexibility and versatility of tracking the trucks and seeing what is going on. It would be nice if you could hover or select a driver and visibly see something that tells how long they have been sitting rather than having to going into the trips and just see a paragraph that displays time.

PROS

Very easy to maneuver and learn features on the dashboard. App is easy to learn, even for our older non-tech drivers. Cameras have paid for themselves in the first year by being able to download and utilize for accidents.

CONS

App updates constantly, which is good that features are added. Most times though updates slow the app down if the update does not take automatically and locks up app. Since everyone has begun working from home and remotely, customer service has suffered and response time from email is very lacking, and when they do its the same scripted reply's. Initially someone would work through an issues with you on the phone, no so much anymore.

Reason for choosing Samsara

I felt after demoing and researching several products, Samsara had the best reliable bang for the buck.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Verizon had terrible customer support and so many issues with their product during the initial ELD phase in and conversion. At the time they had no camera options and when they did the price was outrageous.

Benjy

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Samsara Journey

Samsara has helped us with our safety bonus program, safety scores and increase fuel economy across the fleet.

PROS

Easy to grasp and continued improvements!

CONS

Nothing with Samsara but our TMS provider took a very long time to integrate.

Price and features.

Reasons for switching to Samsara

Omnitracs was behind in technology and continues to be behind.

Reviewed October 2020

Never works when you need it to.

Horrible experience, completely cannot count on this product.

PROS

The product started off great, now anytime I have an incident it is never working.

CONS

Poor communication, too difficult to get anyone to help you, always blame issues on something else. Never works when I need it, I completely cannot depend on this product

Unknown at this time

Reasons for switching to Samsara

I was sold on the supposed features that you had, but they are not dependable

Brian

Construction, 51-200 employees

Free Trial

Solid overall experience. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very nice and accommodating with anything that we needed. Overall the website works well and my drivers all said it was very user friendly.

PROS

Hookup and setup was very easy. Website is clear and not cluttered and easy to navigate.

CONS

It took me a little bit to figure out how to get in and see the cameras when videos were available.

Reason for choosing Samsara

We started with JJ Keller and will be looking to switch towards the end of the year.

Christopher