• Pros

• "Features are easy to use but really powerful. Intuitive to use, low price in comparison to other apps. Great support "

• "I love the ease of use, very user-friendly and organized."

• "Easy to use, holds so much user information, and customer support is great. "

• Cons

• "My only complaint with SharpSpring is that some tools can be a bit buggy sometimes, but customer support has always been very helpful."

• "I don't like where the NEW button is found on the menu bar, but otherwise, the software is easy to use and I don't really have any complaints."

• "Email editor and content calendar can be a little clunky, but customer service is very helpful to resolve issues"

Browse SharpSpring Reviews

Tom from Sharp Insurance

Sharp Spring - A great email marketing tool and more!

SharpSpring is a complete email marketing tool that we use to reach out to clients and market to new leads. We use the automation tools to create drip campaigns and re-marketing campaigns for potential leads. We also use the page builder to build simple landing pages and sales funnels. The contact manager has the ability to mange our list of 30,000+ without any extra costs. It used by both our sales teams and client care teams to help the business grow. As a marketer I use SharpSpring to create campaigns that convert to sales and retention.

Pros

SharpSpring is a great tool for small to mid range companies looking to build email marketing campaigns. It has great templates which allow you to create emails that look great and are functional sales tools. There are also great automation tools for drip campaigns and re-targeting.

Cons

The visual email builder can be finicky at times, resulting in editing directly in the code. If you are unfamiliar or uncomfortable formatting HTML code it can be overwhelming. Also, the social media tools are weak. It would be nice if I could schedule and post content directly from SharpSpring.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

SharpSpring has all of the functionality of Hubspot at a fraction of the cost. I used Hubspot at a previous position but I have found that I can do everything I want to do in SharpSpring without having to pay a fortune. SharpSpring also offers significantly more functionality than MailChimp or Constant Contact.

Brooks from Engenius

A powerful platform, but still has a long way to go

We use Sharpspring for email automation, marketing automation, lead tracking, reporting, as a CRM, and as a sales tool. It allows us to track contact interactions from first touchpoint through sale. It has been a huge help.

Pros

My favorite thing about Sharpspring is the ability to track and analyze the entire life of a lead, from start to finish. It allows us to optimize our funnels and nurture prospects from interest to sale. It is a really powerful tool and offers (almost) everything you need for marketing automation from automated workflows to landing pages and forms to email design. I also love their lead scoring.

Cons

Though it offers a lot of features, it's not all that usable compared to similar products. There are countless small usability issues. Landing pages are pretty difficult to create. Support is usually great – but can at times be entirely unhelpful. Automation has some key features other tools allow. Overall, there are just a lot of features that still need to be added in order to really compete.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

We really needed a robust CRM for longer B2B buying cycles. Though all other tools were awesome, Sharpspring won out there.

Ryan from Huebner Integrated Marketing

Economical and POWERFUL Marketing Automation Solution

SharpSpring is a great tool and I have been so pleased with the automation and resources I have at my fingertips. The have great new features coming out all the time and their customer service and team members are always so helpful and enjoyable to talk to.

Pros

All the marketing automation is incredible and so easy to use. We have been using the chatbot feature and love it! It is easy to set up and we have it integrated with Slack to make the ability to manage it simple. The email automation and workflow automation makes me day to day job so easy as well. I can set up new prospects in my sales workflow and they get moved down my funnel with just automation. It saves me a ton of time.

Cons

I love SharpSpring but the overall user interface is not the most beautifully designed one. However, I am getting so many features and resources for an incredible price that this is not a big issue at all. And it really isn't that bad.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Better price, better service, and better tools!

Alexa from PCALIC

BE ADVISED!

We have had a terrible experience with Sharpspring from the get-go. Once we signed up for Sharpspring, we were told they would send someone out within a month to do training in our office. After we signed the contract, they said that that would not happen, we had to show them that the contracted stated it but then they did not send someone for training for 2 months. Then whenever I would need help fixing something, they'd charge for every little bit of help I needed and sometimes didn't even respond. The straw that broke the camels back is when they implemented a new billing feature where clients would have no option but to bill their clients through Sharpspring to keep the program. We use a different billing system so this would not work for us. We went to cancel our account because of this but they said we have give 30 days notice to cancel, so, even though it was their fault we couldn't access our account, we still have to pay for another month before canceling.

Pros

Being able to send out emails The automation tools Forms Landing Pages

Cons

Customer service was not quick and sometimes just never responded. All of the sudden they implemented a new billing rule where you have to bill your clients through Sharpspring or they won't let you use any of your account. You have to give them 30 days notice before closing your account even if you're not able to use any of their features because of their new billing update The cost is exceptionally high compared to others such as Pathways (who we're moving to next)

Response from SharpSpring

Replied February 2020

Hi, Alexa. We're so sorry to hear that you've had a less than wonderful experience with SharpSpring. We'd really appreciate the opportunity to make things right and collect further feedback on what we can do to be better in the future. Your Account Manager will be reaching out to you but if you'd be willing to share more about your experience, please email us at feedback@sharpspring.com.

Wally from Advertising Agency

1/3 the cost of other comparable platforms - but you get what you pay for.

No where near as feature rich as HubSpot - but a way better upgrade to MailChmp.

Pros

Pretty easy to figure out, if you're just using it as a glorified email marketing list building and automation tool. Drag and drop email template manager is easy to use. So is the visual automation builder. Forms can be customized and embedded on websites easily to capture lead information. Out of the box stuff is pretty simple, but you can always get to the CSS to customize everything if you're a developer and want a deeper dive.

Cons

Support has become horrible since launch. You can never get anyone on the phone, it's become a call back system. If you're an agency and managing client accounts, usually you need help immediately, not by end of day or via a random email. Their billing platform is absolutely ridiculous. They bill your clients directly, and not the agency using the platform saying that the client is the end user, not the agency managing the account. This makes retainer fees or internal billing a nightmare. You'll also have to talk your client into putting their banking routing numbers into a platform they don't understand. If you manage SparpSpring on behalf of your client (like they never login) - Good luck selling it. There is no Facebook connect to capture lead information! They keep changing how you export reports by date range. Annoying if you need monthly reports for your client. Sometimes they work, sometimes they move them. The certification videos and courses are currently outdated after a year of feature pushes. Biggest annoyance - lead history. You can view lead history in a timeline, but if a lead fills out a form multiple times requesting different information on different dates, you can not scroll through that history in the contact view, it only updates the leads custom fields with the latest information. You can only export the most recent custom fields too, even though you can still see the history and different information in the lead history timeline.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

1/3 the cost of other comparable platforms - but you get what you pay for.

Devin from Market Vantage

SharpSpring is the Best of the Best

My overall experience with SharpSpring has been wonderful! While the platform still has kinks to work out (what platform doesn't?), their customer service is amazing and they move at a rate unseen by others to make the platform better every day. I highly recommend them not just for their platform, but their people are friendly as well.

Pros

I really enjoy the various features that are available within the platform! It allows us to quickly and easily identify our prospects, capture their information on the website, and then market to them in a way that is meaningful and generates new business for us.

Cons

In their mission to make their platform compete, they often focus on getting new features out quickly but then have to go back and update later. I've seen this happen for them with tools like Video Calling, which became quickly available due to COVID-19 but lacks the robustness of other dedicated video platforms that I would imagine most companies already use.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Because SharpSpring allowed us to own our client relationships rather than letting HubSpot own the relationship. This has allowed us tremendous opportunity to scale our business, because we can offer a variety of services AND the platform to the client, when HubSpot doesn't allow that.

Alfredo from IHR - México

SharpSpring a full marketing automation platform everyone

Our experience with Sharpspring has been very satisfactory, since it gives us control over each client from the moment they are born as a lead until they become a client. has given us to reduce response time to a client and have better control of all actions taken with them through Automation

Pros

Powerful tools for lead generation to pretty good customer management, tons of options to personalize a lot of aspect of the company. very good tools for building email marketing and landing pages with out third parties

Cons

I think one point where sharpspring lose flexibility is on landing page creations, how designer we need more tools for layout.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Easy to use, unlimited user with out pay more for each user, Price

Chuck from HBK

Full-featured marketing automation on a budget

Prioritizing leads for Salesforce, collecting customer feedback, and better tracking the effectiveness of marketing efforts are the key things we get out of SharpSpring. We are able to collect leads using SharpSpring forms and then deliver them to the right salesperson using their visual workflow tools. We can make lists and campaigns based on ANY criteria in the system, which is super impressive. The Life of the Lead is a revelation: Being able to see all digital interactions of our customers is a complete game-changer for Sales. With Life of the Lead, Sales is more informed and can take on calls armed with the right information to best serve the customer.

Pros

The support is top-notch. They go above and beyond to ensure all questions are answered. If there is a key feature needed in the software, they'll work to make sure that you get that feature or have a workaround. They respond quickly, and they are incredibly knowledgeable. It's hard to list just one thing I like best! It's the most competitively-priced tool on the market... and it's a fraction of the cost of nearly any other marketing automation tool on the market.

Cons

With their constant upgrades, SharpSpring occasionally can be a bit buggy while features get ironed out. Nearly all issues have easy workarounds, and the fixes come fast. It's a minor quibble for a service that is basically as good as it gets.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Better support. Better functionality. Better interface. Better price.

Rockefeller from The Verdi Group

SharpSpring Marketing Automation

SharpSpring has a very quick implementation process and is very easy to learn. Within the first 30 days of having SharpSpring we already ran 2 separate email campaigns for 2 separate clients. Their representatives check in with us frequently so we never feel like we're on our own. Our next challenge will be selling SharpSpring to prospects/clients.

Pros

The amazing customer support that is offered. Anytime I have a question I can either look it up myself in their library of resources with tutorials and instructional videos, or I can call their partner support line and speak to a real person who even follows up after the call to make sure all of the needs were met.

Cons

I wish you could edit Life of Lead to be able to put custom events in there. We uploaded a prospect database we had been tracking since 2017 and it had every time we touched a prospect. Unfortunately, once we uploaded this list into SharpSpring we were not able to edit their Life of Lead prior to the upload date. While this is barely an issue, it would be nice to see how long we have been tracking some of these prospects to give us a better prediction at how many touches it takes for a prospect to convert to a customer.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

SharpSpring seemed like the best deal on the market by far. For only a few hundred dollars a month we were able to start using our first marketing automation/CRM software. With SharpSpring you are able to cut off using other services, so we are actually paying less than we did before, but getting so much more in return!

Andrew from Tipsy Social

Amazing Enterprise-level Marketing Automation + Integrated CRM Platform

SharpSpring has saved us time and money by bringing together everything we need internally, as well as the needs of our clients, into one platform. Having the ability to dedicate time to only leads that truly show an interest in working with us, as well as, to see that interest with the click of a button is amazing.

Pros

SharpSpring is a game-changer! Getting an all-in-one platform that allows us to go from capturing lead information and behavior all the way through to identifying qualified leads through marketing campaigns is amazing. Having one place for marketing emails, landing pages, social media, blogging, meetings, video chats, and more is almost unheard of. Match that with a really robust CRM that tracks leads, beautifully outlines the life of a lead, and allows you to easily manage the sales pipeline and one-on-one engagements with pre-qualified leads with lead scoring is amazing.

Cons

Seriously, there isn't much negative to say about this platform. The onboarding was amazing, the self-guided trainings were awesome, it's a great platform. The only downside is it's not as "pretty" as some platform, but hey, I'd rather have a functioning product helping me make more money and something pretty to look at.

Linsey from Learning Ovations

My Secret Weapon

I love this product so much that I take it with me from role to role -- and it is always the legacy that I leave behind. It allows me to make a huge impact in a short period of time.

Pros

For several years now, SharpSpring has been my secret weapon. I work largely with educational, startup, and nonprofit ventures - so we are always resource constrained. SharpSpring's platform allows me to leverage a small (or solo) shop into something of competitive size, then scale up as we grow. And it doesn't break the bank. When you're working with a skeletal or non-existent team, the ease of use and customer support become critical: SharpSpring always "wows" me on this. Plus, the automation lets me optimize the resources I have while the intelligence tools keep me from wasting time on projects with low ROI. SharpSpring delivers the functionality that gets me noticed by the higher ups. (In one role, we doubled all major KPIs within a year's time.) I couldn't do my job without it!

Cons

Marketing Intelligence software is complex and the learning curve can be challenging, even with great support. Also, not everything in SharpSpring is where I expect it to be - I often use the chat support function to find tools. Oh, and if you are West Coast, start your SharpSpring projects early as chat support wanes after 3pm Pacific due to the company being headquartered in Florida.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Pardot gets expensive fast. I'd love to add familiarity with the product to my resume - but the price puts it out of range for most of the organizations I've worked with thus far.

Charlie from 19 IDEAS

A lucrative alternative to other marketing automation platforms.

We use SharpSpring in two ways: to help generate and manage our leads to aid in our company business development efforts and to sell/offer the service to our clients to help them do the same. Currently, our digital marketers, account executives and business development teammates use the platform. SharpSpring helps us keep a close eye on where prospects are in their purchase journey.

Pros

The pricing model is favorable. We were able to onboard 2-3 clients almost immediately as compared to really struggling trying to sell HubSpot. The sightline on data and our sales pipeline is good and shows us that we are seeing value (however, our company needs to do more on our end to really leverage the tool).

Cons

We haven't found a use for the content calendar function, compared to other methods we use. Lead scoring could be improved.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Our primary lens for looking at SharpSpring was based on a comparison to HubSpot. We found the platform to essentially be fully comparable with a more favorable pricing structure. Since making the switch, we haven't seen any reduction in capabilities and are finding it much easier to sell to our clients.

Chris from Orientation Marketing

Excellent value well functioning marketing automation software

The cost savings (literally thousands of pounds) of SharpSpring vs comparable suppliers is significant.. My team also finds the functionality and user experience to be much cleaner, meaning we use more features compared to our previous provider. Overall we are happy we migrated from our previous supplier to SharpSpring

Pros

We moved to SharpSpring from another leading marketing automation software provider and SharpSpring provide 95% of the features for less than half the cost. The software itself is easy to understand and navigate (much easier than our previous system) and the support team are responsive, friendly and helpful. We've been very happy with our migration to SharpSpring and intend to be a user for the foreseeable future. It meets our needs as a specialist life science marketing agency perfectly.

Cons

There are some features that are missing from SharpSpring vs our previous provider, but on balance we felt that either 1. We wouldn't use them 2. We could live without them for the cost savings and other benefits of SharpSpring. Dynamic forms would be great to have, and the analytics sometimes don't match our other analytics software. What I will say is that SharpSpring seem more responsive to requests for new features vs our old provider.

Steve from Omni Promotional

We have embraced the Software to lead our company in communicating with customers and managing sales

We didn't realize how slow we were when communicating with customers and how important the speed of communication really is. We now have automations in place that don't let the conversation and engagement drop off.

Pros

Our customers are benefitting as much as we are and it starts with the automated services. We can route inquiries to sales reps faster and continue conversations with customers instantaneously through dynamic messaging.

Cons

We need to understand Sales Optimizer better. It may be a software solution that we don't necessarily fit with, but we still think this is something we can improve with, but right now its a slice of the pie that we struggle with.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Cost and the fact that we weren't buying ala'carte, rather we felt like we were buying into a partner experience.

Nancy from Kokua Creative Group

Sophisticated yet easy-to-use platform

I am using SharpSpring across my entire client bases to generate and nurture leads, manage website inquiries and analytics and monitor and post across social media channels.

Pros

While the functionality is extremely powerful, SharpSpring itself is easy-to-use. Like any software, there is an initial training period where you have to get comfortable with the platform, but I found it pretty intuitive, especially after participating in the on-boarding training classes. The best thing about the software is the results it's generating for my clients. Our email marketing campaigns have been extraordinarily successful and the reporting functionality makes it easy to demonstrate these results to our clients.

Cons

I've been very satisfied with the software and don't have any complaints. One wish-list item would be for SharpSpring to integrate with survey tools so I could seamlessly administer campaigns requesting customer feedback.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Value for the dollar. SharpSpring offers the same functionality as many of the larger, more well-known marketing automation platforms for a fraction of the cost, but what really sets them apart from their peers is their customer service, which includes extensive live and on-demand training classes and a dedicated call center focused on your success.

Vikki from Rennes Group

Easy to use, lots of customization and excellent support

We used to have a very simple automated message that sent to all inquiries - and it was the same message regardless of the inquirer or location. Now, we're able to customize the response based on who is inquiring - and the location and send them important brochures and information relative to a specific location. SharpSpring has improved our tracking --moving us from binders stuffed with papers to digital data tied to campaigns. It was a big step for our company and despite early resistance, people are really buying into it now that they are using it.

Pros

The system is easy to use -from training to the online help docs (i.e., self-training) - to the excellent support team, I feel very confident when using the system and making modifications. I know if I can't figure out how to do something I want to do - I can either jump on live chat or call support and someone will happily help me figure it out.

Cons

Reporting capabilities are still growing. They recently launched a new reporting dashboard with canned "custom" reports but I would like the idea to select the variables myself and run a report on my data - including my custom fields. If the fields exist, I'd like to run reports on them. I have figured out, however, that, I can export a lot into excel and create my own reports when needed.

Cost, support and customization

Brian from Right to Evolve

SharpSpring Great Platform With Amazing Support

Overall the platform is powerful at a great price, and the team at SharpSpring wants you to succeed, and that shows in their support, courses, documentation, and forums. Not only does SharpSpring benefit Right to Evolve internally, but our clients and the work we do see the benefits as well.

Pros

SharpSpring has features to create marketing operations and track those campaigns either manually or automatically. Considering I can tie all the potential avenues of a campaign into one spot and see how users interact with is a great win. At a glance, it is essential to read the data and make the right decisions; SharpSpring brings all the data to one platform. It makes work more enjoyable that we can create a single campaign with a list of contacts, email templates, unique forms, dynamic pages, trackable media, automation, and analytics in one spot. Not to mention, once we create this base campaign and all its numerous pieces, I can then quickly use all the parts as a template to do another or a third, and so on. Making it very efficient over time. SharpSpring has a lot of features, but I am thrilled with our CRM, email marketing, ads, funnels, all in one location. All this and the support team have been top-notch every step of the way. I also like to learn myself, which they provide via courses, updated videos, and documents that my team and I can reference.

Cons

Interface and design consistency are my two significant cons for this platform. Like most, once you know the platform and its interface, you can be very successful. No difference here except that the design process between creating emails, pages, and forms all have their unique process. I believe it would improve user efficiency if the page and email creator, for instance, had a standard procedure and the same layout of tools. The platform has a lot of features with more coming, so you have to know where all the pieces are between the settings, marketing, and sales menu layout.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Right to Evolve chose SharpSpring after it's attention to our firm and how they presented themselves. After my initial research for only a CRM, I requested a demo and got all my initial questions answered along with a lot more I did not know I had. From there, the sales team continued to be timely and efficient in answering my specific questions over two months. They also gave me the time and space I needed to make the final decision and did not oversell.

Jamison from Grey Sky Media

I used to love SharpSpring (why I left)

Strong start, VERY disappointed with recent billing decisions and the rate increase. (Just because you want to buy a company doesn't mean I want to pay for it)

Pros

SharpSpring approached me with a very interesting mailer. It was enough to get my attention and learn who they were and what they did. After they bought my crew lunch and I sat through a presentation I decided to join. The minimum monthly bought me 3 accounts plus a free one for my agency. There are a lot of features in SharpSpring and they appear to be adding more, which is nice. They represent themselves as marketing automation for agencies. They offer a lot of white labeling which is a requirement for me when working with 3rd party softwares.

Cons

Late 2019 it was announced that SS would change their billing policies to require that THEY bill my clients. WAIT, WHAT? You're a whitelabeled SaaS service, why the **** would YOU bill MY clients. That's the opposite of the point. Since I haven't set up my clients in their billing interface they've locked me out of my account. And when I went to cancel they reminded me of the 30 days cancellation notice I'm required to give. OH, AND, they decided to up the rate $75/account. I'm so unhappy with where they're going as a company I can't even consider the new features that they're bringing in.

Response from SharpSpring

Replied January 2020

Hi Jamison, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our intent in developing our new billing platform is to get out in front of a change in the tax law that applies to online sales and SaaS products like SharpSpring, Hubspot, SugarCRM, and Salesforce. This billing change is purely based around being tax compliant you are still in full control of your client relationship. We'll never talk to your clients without your knowledge. Our agency partners had 30 days to input their client's billing information but we're sorry if you may have needed more time to complete those steps. Additionally, SharpSpring is implementing a price increase in February 2020 after 2 years of no price increase. I understand that your account manager will be reaching out to you and we'd really appreciate the opportunity to make things right and collect further feedback. If you'd be willing to share more about your experience in the meantime, you can also email us at feedback@sharpspring.com.

Kevin from AVAIRY Solutions

Must have for marketing and sales in growing business

I can't speak highly enough for the great staff. I have mentioned them in another part of this review, but they really have been a lifesaver going above and beyond. For example, I am not really comfortable with CSS and wanted a certain form to be two columns. I asked for reference material on how to make it happen. They sent me the materials AND the code to place in my form. AWESOME!!!!!

Pros

Everything you need to grow a business is in one place. The interface is easy to use and very intuitive. However, my favorite part of the company is the awesome support staff! Migrating from another platform, there is always a learning curve and workflow adjustment. If there was something we didn't know how to achieve in SharpSpring their friendly staff would explain with great detail how to get it done and integrate into the workflow we created.

Cons

Their social posting, responding section of the software is still a bit weak and we do utilize another piece of software to get this done, but we remember their software is about the automation and converting leads to customers and it does that very well, so this is an easy area to compromise.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Price Price Price.... and now... Service Service Service!!!!! They really care about my business doing well and help with non-product related questions. As I mentioned prior, they go above and beyond!

Amanda from Independent

Integrated Marketing and Sales with no hassle

For the B2B tech startups I serve, who are just getting started with their sales and marketing efforts, SharpSpring is the ideal platform. They change quickly, and it's easy to quickly change the platform to adapt to those pivots and support developing processes.

Pros

1. Customer service is highly responsive. 2. Templates for emails and landing pages are easy to use without design or development expertise. 3. Incredibly easy to customize: add fields, pipelines, dashboards, automations particular to your processes without coding or other specialized knowledge.

Cons

1. Landing page builder is kind of basic. However, new releases come regularly and is probably not a big deal if you have an html developer handy. 2. Integrated social scheduler functionality is a bit basic. 3. If you have significant custom complex report needs, this is not the platform for you. They have great canned reports that any layman can find value in, you can download csv files of many things, and you can customize a dashboard with report "widgets." But not a lot of ability to dig into raw data.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

1. SharpSpring's unlimited user model was a big plus for my clients. No need to get in touch with Sales and create a contract addendum. Takes 60 seconds to add a new user. 2. From the agency perspective, being able to manage multiple client instances from a single platform made it easy for my small team to administer. 3. The all-in-one platform makes it easy to connect marketing to sales to upsells for a complete view of the customer experience. 4. Adding a new field to the contact record or a new pipeline is super simple. No development or platform expertise needed. A huge bonus, especially when these requests turn out to be of negligible value and/or rarely used.

Agile tool, great value

Our experience with SharpSpring has been positive. Great product, usability, and features. Still, there are areas that could use work, including reporting and segmentation, but overall a very good experience so far.

Pros

Ease-of-use: SharpSpring is very user-friendly and intuitive. It's easy to edit or create an email, set up workflows, and navigate around the platform. Versatile: SharpSpring is an all-in-one tool that you can use for your email program, sales pipeline, CRM, marketing automation, and social media. Customer service: I often frequent the online help center that has a lot of easy-to-understand solutions to many questions that come up. If this doesn't solve the issue, tech support is very responsive and the account management team is also very accommodating.

Cons

Reporting: There are some basic reports that you can pull from the data in SharpSpring, but I would love to see some more robust reporting overall, especially with the sales feature. Aggregated reports across multiple pipelines, for example, would be great to have access to. Customer segmentation: The platform could use a bit more in-depth customer segmentation features. I sometimes feel the list-building is not as intuitive as it could be.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Of the alternate products, SharpSpring was the best fit for our needs in the organization and we felt we could utilize this tool well. The pricing model was also the most straightforward and matched our needs the best.

Rob from WSI-eMarketing.com

We moved ourselves and our clients over from Hubspot

The support is always there for us if we need them, but any new feature is introduced with great support materials (how-to guides/videos etc) so the need for my team to refer to them is minimised. The pricing is great when you compare to others with similar functionality and they go from strength to strength.

Pros

Originally it was transparency and pricing that made us move. But since then it's the fact that Sharpspring have continued to develop the platform with great new features (like the inbuilt CRM, Sales Automation and integrated Meeting booking functionality) many of which at no additional cost (unlike Hubspot) that means we continue to use and recommend Sharpspring over any other platform for our SMB clients.

Cons

I would like SMS functionality to be built in as well as email (I appreciate it's not as big in the USA where Sharspring's biggest customer base is) but it's big here in the UK

Pricing mainly

Anna from image.works

SharpSpring user for 4+ years

We really are able to do so much more with our marketing. We can see the interaction of clients with our marketing as a whole, not just off of one campaign. We can trigger emails and actions based on their behaviors which is very beneficial.

Pros

Being a Partner for 4+ years has allowed us to grow with them. When they were a startup, we were able to really see the changes the partners were requesting and the software has come a long way. They really value their Partners (agencies).

Cons

Sometimes SharpSpring likes to release new features, while they need to also work on continually improving their existing features.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Much less expensive and really built for agencies like us. The others also really charged a lot for the number of contacts we would have, making them not feasible.

Andrea from Lexo Media

Great for an agency, but trying to get clients involved is next to impossible.

We joined the SS family mainly as a means of sending automated drip marketing emails on behalf of our clients, which it does well. We also like being able to see the life of every individual lead directly within the program. It lets us know where our strongest leads lie and where we need to do better. All in all, it gets the job done despite the interface headaches we frequently encounter.

Pros

There are a lot of features. Almost too many, actually. I can't imagine a company that could possibly use all of them successfully. Regardless, it's nice to know the option is there if a situation arises in which a certain feature becomes useful. My favorite function/feature has to be the lead tracking system. I love being able to see every interaction each lead has with my client's business. The automated actions on top of that in response to customer interaction is the main reason we use the software. It makes drip email campaigns a breeze. I like that it tracks conversions as well (although you have to set it up to do so which isn't necessarily the easiest process ever). All in all, though, it does the job we need it to do.

Cons

The SharpSpring system is VERY non-intuitive for non-marketers (and heck, even for marketers sometimes). There are just too many ways you can screw up and have to start an email, action, or workflow completely over again. We have several clients who we act as their entire marketing department for and trying to get their sales representatives to use the system the way it's intended is next to impossible. They just don't understand it or even it's purpose, even after we've done training after training after training with them. We've even had SS support do training directly with them, to no avail. I ended up creating my OWN versions of step-by-step tutorials for our clients just to make things easier to understand. The other major drawback is it's way too easy to get "blacklisted" (aka hit spamtraps and honeypots), which I realize is a problem with email marketing in general, but SS doesn't have enough safeguards in place for preventing this type of situation. We have one client who likes to import their email lists in from an on-site wifi sign-on system, which inevitably leads to poor list quality regardless of how many safeguards (email weed-out) parameters we put in place ourselves. Getting on SS's blacklist is pretty much the worst thing that can happen because you still have to pay for the service even though you can't use it until your un-blacklisted, which can take a while. Lastly, their email-design interface is terrible and trick to navigate.

Tony from e-Intelligence

SharpSpring is YES for my company, e-Intelligence.in

I recommend to use the software as it: Provides customized reports and other features that fit your marketing needs Comes with powerful features of marketing automation with easy functionalities Offers cost-effective pricing plans Updates itself continuously Combines with most CRM, eliminating the concerns of the type of hosting platform Gives amalgamation of functions in one platform for delivering marketing results, lead conversions, and easy ROI measurement However, you need to spare some time to understand the software’s deliverables. But they offer free webinars to help you to understand the tool.

Pros

SharpSpring is an automated marketing platform with features of third-party CRM integration, universal CMS compatibility, fully integrated call tracking, landing pages, blog builder and much more. It provides unlimited users for all plans, unlike its competitors. What it says vs. what it delivers: It says: It offers behavioral-based email automation with “after-the-click” tracking for personalized messaging. Yes, it delivers: With the feature, we were able to identify the cost of a lead. It also helped to decrease the unaddressed customer complaints It says: It offers in-depth analytics with statistics of clicks, bounces, and deliveries. It also enables to track the visitor’s conversions, the life cycle of a lead – from click to attending social events. No, it does not deliver: The reports and analytics are not in detail, though they provide the performance of campaigns. It misses the specifications on minute details of the strategy. It says: It offers customization in every feature such as customized conversion forms, buyer personalities, reports and much more. Yes, it delivers: My team at e-Intelligence were able to customize the tool for lead preferences, campaign performance, and email automation

Cons

Nothing that I can think of! I suggest making the most of this tool for your marketing needs. You can overlook minor glitches as they are not affecting the tool’s performance to a large extent.

Dan from The BigTime Group

SharpSpring is a phenomenal marketing automation platform.

Pros

SharpSpring is a sleek system that offers outstanding tools for marketing automation. We researched a lot of platforms ranging from free to $1000s before going with SharpSpring. They have just the right amount of features that makes it the most useful for all of our clients, leaving off the bells and whistles that would inflate the price. Their interface is top-tier which makes using their system a breeze. The dashboard gives you a comprehensive look at everything you're running. Moving around the system is super simple and they make it easy to jump to different areas when you're building a sales program. I'd urge you to check out all the features on their website because there are too many to list, but I can say that what they have offered us is unbelievably comprehensive. We've also taken full advantage of their support which is outstanding. They have always been knowledgable and very friendly. Moreover, they won't let you off the phone until they are sure that the problem has been resolved! They also offer FREE continuing education programs like webinars to help make you more proficient at their program. SharpSpring is a superior marketing automation platform, with a very intuitive interface and offer the kind of support we have rarely seen in tech companies. They have worked harder to earn and keep our business than any other vendor we've ever worked with. You would do yourself a giant favor to give their system a test drive.

Cons

I was not prepared for the steep learning curve that is required to take full advantage of this platform. I was a bit discouraged at first by everything there was to learn but I realized it's part of working with such a comprehensive platform. It's like moving to a new town and trying to figure out all the roads and highways. I don't know if that's really a con but it is something you must be aware of. You're going to need to spend some serious time learning it but once you do, navigating the system easily becomes second nature.

George from Webdesiro Ltd

SharpSpring is the number one Marketing Automation Platform for small to mid-sized digital agencies.

We are a small boutique digital marketing agency based in the UK. We spent six months researching all the marketing platforms available. It was vital to have 24/7 support available within the fees payable, favourable fee rates for an agency of our size (which did not require upfront annual payment), the option to have access to support within GMT timelines for our UK clients and last but not least a marketing automation provider who were developing new features on a near-quarterly basis. We decided that SharpSpring and their team would provide all of these features and benefits. We commenced our inbound integration mid-2016, and the integration ran extremely efficiently with amazing support within GMT timeline availability. The support since and the new features constantly being added without any impact on fee rates have made the decision to choose SharpSpring, the absolute correct choice for our company. They have over delivered every step of the way for our company. Their team are highly knowledgeable, patient and supportive. I would not choose any other platform now we are with SharpSpring.

Pros

The SharpSpring Marketing Automation Software provides the following features and benefits that make it a stand out product for my business; 1. The 24/7 support incorporated into the monthly fees; Ensuring no surprises down the line. 2. No requirement to pay fees annually upfront. 3. New landing page feature. 4. Blog page feature. 5. New integration with the Litmus test. 6. Link up with Zapier integration to allow connection to hundreds of 3rd party software providers with the Zapier integration and SharpSpring APIs. 7. Training platform library; In-depth and with video availability to walk through processes. This along with 24/7 support, in my opinion, are the two most important features out with cost of course which set SharpSpring apart as the right platform for our boutique digital marketing agency.

Cons

1. Monthly fees in dollars do not convert via local UK sterling currency rates, unlike other US marketing software providers. You pay in £ sterling the same monthly fee as in US $ dollars. 2. Email builder while it is satisfactory it could be even more user friendly.

Gary from CX3 Group, LLC

SharpSpring won me over from HubSpot

A couple of years ago our agency was a relatively happy HubSpot customer. We sold inbound services via HubSpot to our web development clients most often, but it was a hard sell and required a certain client profile to be successful. The most important aspect of an inbound client for us was deep pockets! Why? Simply because of the cost of the HubSpot platform. If a client had sufficiently deep pockets, AND was convinced of the business validity of inbound marketing versus traditional methods, the full court press was on. To give HubSpot credit, they got very involved in the client sales process and they provided a lot of tools to aid agencies in the inbound sales process, BUT, all of that comes at a cost. A significant cost. While HubSpot gets a lot of credit for pioneering the inbound marketing platform space, they have become, in this agencies opinion, a bit bloated over the years. What we mean is that they provide so much it is sometimes difficult to choose what is most important to push and provide for each client. The net effect is, however, that whatever your client does want to do, Personas, email marketing, automation, web site development, contact list management etc., it's all included. So what's the downside? Their strength is their biggest weakness. No matter how little or how much of HubSpots resources you use, the cost is the same. Of course there are tiers of cost, but even the lowest tier is roughly ten times the cost of SharpSpring. So use a little, pay a lot. Use a lot, pay a lot. Now we at CX3 Group don't necessarily sell on price, however, if the tools that you bring to the table for your clients are less expensive, but still as, or more, effective, it gives the agency a lot of flexibility when customizing various packages to promote. While generally content with HubSpot back in the day, we are extremely pleased with SharpSpring. Approaching our two year anniversary with them we take every opportunity to sing their praises, and it's NOT just about pricing. While SharpSpring is a fraction of the cost, of HubSpot (& others) the features it includes are all the features we ever really used with HubSpot. That is to say, we are paying for what we use, and not paying for anything that sits in the cupboard looking pretty, but we don't need. If I had more space here I'd go into the newest features that SharpSpring has rolled out over the past 6 months. Suffice it to say, we're a very happy and satisfied SharpSpring client! -CX3 Group

Pros

Cost vs. benefit. Has all of the features our clients want or need, without a bunch of stuff we have to pay for that they don't need.

Cons

It's a struggle to find something I don't like, but if it was one thing over the past two years, it would be the lack of support on the sales side for our clients. More customized training and presentations for client side would be great.

Alexander from SGW Integrated Marketing Communications

Great Marketing Automation With a Solid Support Team

I've been using SharpSpring for just about under a year in this time, I've recommended it to just about every marketer I've worked with. Typically, marketing automation software has only been usable by large and mid-size organizations due to the high cost of both the software and the expertise in operating an inbound marketing campaign. SharpSpring costs only a fraction of competing tools like HubSpot, Pardot, Marketo, etc., but it offers all of the core features of these platforms and has a few of its own features, like a built-in customizable CRM, that make it a great fit for just about any marketing team. There aren't any serious downsides or tradeoffs with SharpSpring vs the more expensive platforms. The customer service team is always very attentive and transparent about bugs and fixes, and SharpSpring has made a series of significant upgrades even during the time I've been using the platform. If you're used to using some of the other platforms I mentioned, some pieces of SharpSpring might initially feel less polished. But, once you look under the hood and start working with the platform, everything is there in a pretty intuitive layout. Highly recommended for marketing & sales teams.

Pros

The core marketing automation functionality in SharpSpring is excellent. If you're looking for Visitor ID tracking, better email communication, personalization, a landing page builder, or a CRM, SharpSpring is definitely worth a look. Even though it's a "soft" feature, it's worth noting that the customer service team has been great to work with. I've been able to give my clients solid timelines for when to expect a fix or help.

Cons

The email and landing page builders are solid, but they lack some of the intuitive features that you might get from a dedicated email service provider like Campaign Monitor or Mail Chimp. There might be a few things you'll miss migrating over from one of these platforms, though nothing important for obtaining the same end results.

Nigel from On Tap Marketing Ltd

Making great progress with SharpSpring

I've used a couple of different Marketing Automation platforms in the past. Marketo briefly and Act-On for a couple of years. I switched to SharpSpring around 6 months ago when I set up my own marketing agency. Really happy with how its going. OK - its obvious that SharpSpring is a smaller company. I come across the occasional feature that could do with some refinement. But overall its fair to say I love SharpSpring. Top features from my POV... Ease of use - The separation of Tasks and Workflows seems to make this a much simpler product to use than Act-on. Easier than Marketo as well - though its about 3 years since I used that. The templates provided for rapidly building landing pages are excellent. The new personas feature is brilliant when combined with "Dynamic content blocks" (which you can use on landing pages as well as Emails. The built in CRM is a huge advantage and is perfect for BDM teams or smaller companies. Obviously if you can make do without a full-featured CRM like Salesforce, you'll save thousands $$ by switching to a simpler product like SharpSpring. (I used to use Act-on integrated with Salesforce and that was an absolute pig.) Cost - SharpSpring is much less expensive than Act-On and Marketo. You get unlimited users on their standard license plans - so you're not penalised for spreading use across Marketing, BDMs and Sales folk. So features - not a problem. I've found the training / on-boarding satisfactory and the ongoing technical support is fast and personal.

Pros

Ease of use, good templates, built in CRM (although you can integrate with 3rd party CRM if you need.) Cost saving compared to competing products - especially if you can dispense with a full-fat CRM like Salesforce which is bloated and over priced for SME market in my opinion.

Cons

Occasional glitches. Sometimes you have to refresh the page to see the result of a change that you have made. For example - the number of members in a list - can take a few minutes after saving the query to report a true number. But you soon learn to live with minor issues like this.

Justin from FUEL Digital Media

An Invaluable Tool, Though Not Perfect

We've been using SharpSpring for nearly a year at our agency, and have used almost every feature of it (SalesForce integration, automated workflows, API for custom reporting, full-on CRM, etc.). We love SharpSpring. In fact, in the past few months, SharpSpring has been responsible for helping us close nearly one million dollars in new business. As a B2B tool, the fact that we can see what businesses are browsing our site and reach out to them even if they don't submit a form is invaluable, and worth 10x cost. Every client we bring in gets put on the platform, and it's an indispensible part to growing their business. We are able to verify leads which instills confidence in our reporting, but also helps us evaluate the quality of leads and ROI through lead scoring and campaign assignments. We've used SharpSpring as white-labeled companion and even migrated some clients over to use it as their CRM. It's extremely versatile. SharpSpring's breadth of tools means you could be using it for a year and still not have used some of its features to the fullest of their ability (Dynamic Emails, Dynamic Web Content), and that's great... but it is also the cause of some frustration, as they sometimes rush out products to tout they have a new product, but that product will still feel very "beta" in nature. When dynamic landing pages were introduced we tried to use it for two weeks, and there was a bug that would wipe out whatever changes you made. We eventually abandoned using that tool, but came back several months later and it worked as it should have. The flip side of this is that SharpSpring is constantly working to improve. It is not a platform that rests on its laurels. You can also submit a feature or improvement to their team directly. Anytime we have had an issue, Customer Support has been great. Their agents have resolved our numerous issues quickly, whether its answering a quick implementation question or testing bugs for a larger issue. Overall, SharpSpring has been an integral tool to both our agency's growth but our clients' growth. And, though new tools sometimes feel buggy, we can easily overlook it due to the value it provides us.

Pros

Being able to leverage anonymous web user data to create actionable insights way before they fill a form out is invaluable. For an agency/B2B company, it is the most reliable new lead generator of any tool out there.

Cons

New features roll out and feel like they should still be in beta. It has a few quirks like a lack of global date range filter that don't necessarily hinder reporting/analysis but are a slight inconvenience.

September 2016

Kevin from CoreCentive, Inc.

September 2016

Sharpspring is a terrific marketing automation tool that provides great value

Our experience with Sharpspring has been great. A trememdous value for our company that has already shown us ROI. Our company uses Sharpspring for both marketing automation and as our CRM tool. Specifically, Sharpspring is allowing us to target prospects in our database to fill top of the sales funnel with prospects, as well as allowing us to nurture specific prospects based on their engagement with us. Depending on an action a prospect takes, we can serve up the appropriate response automatically to further cultivate this person. In addition, we are able to use the analytics the system provides to better help us understand which marketing activities are working and which ones are not

Pros

It is easy to use. There is a learning curve, but it is not that steep. The list building logic and workflow logic just makes sense, and I think this is where Sharpspring shines. SharpSpring's support was critical to our success in getting started, as getting started truly is the hardest part. The responsiveness from their support team is also incredible. If you are not looking for all the bells and whistles that you ultimately won't use, Sharpspring is a true value.

Cons

The improvements I would like to see in Sharpspring centers around the contact management part of their solution. We have sales people that are using the system as their CRM and some basic features like searching, segmenting, and sorting are not available to a person in the sales person role permission.

Shawne from Intivix

I love this CRM

I love that fact of being able to add buyer personas to the contact info and I love the personalization that is used on the Software. Oh and the templates that they provide are great and easy to use.

Pros

I like that I can do everything in one location. Also, I love the fact that Sharpspring is always adjusting with new things adding the system. If the software does not do something that you want to do. They put in to start working on that method or idea.

Cons

If you get a hard bounce you can not update that contact with the new info on your own - you have to deal with support and send them the list of changes to be done.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

It did everything in one place and easy to use and the support team is great to work with.

Rafael from (IM) Interactive Marketing

I recommend this to everyone!

Overall I give this tool 5 stars, A's all across, two thumbs up, a wink and a smile. As I mentioned, I have been using the tool now for 4 years and have quite a bit of experience using their competitors and so-called "market leaders". I love Sharp Spring it does everything, at a value you can hardly compare.

Pros

Sharp Spring provides me and my clients with several advantages over its competition (like Eloqua, Marketo, Pardot, Infusionsoft). First of all, you can not beat their licensing value. Each license comes with unlimited users. This alone beats all the competition. Secondly, they have integrated an awesome CRM (missing in all the other marketing automation tools) so you do not have to go out and buy licenses for that. Lastly, it is a COMPLETE marketing automation system with true behavioral marketing capabilities.

Cons

At first, I had a hard time understanding how they do automation. I was used to using a drag and drop "visualization" interface to build drip campaigns. I also had a bit of a hard time getting used to their nomenclature. The way that automation processes are set up in Sharp Spring are through two things... Tasks (which I was used to calling triggers) and Workflow (which I was used to calling task automation). You can see how it was confusing for me. Well I learned it, it was not that hard, and I actually see now how it is a way superior way to program automation then using visual aids that would be cumbersome to try to set up and manage in large scale automation projects.

Kirk from Credit Union 2.0

Great Marketing Automation Tool for B2B

We help credit unions build content driven in-bound funnels - the tool has met that need very well. Their onboarding and support have been super responsive and helpful.

Pros

It was very quick to deploy, fast to get my team trained, and effective in demonstrating results for clients. In addition, the feature functionality vs. price balance is fantastic. Other tools have lots of bloatware and tools that you will never use.

Cons

I wish it had some built-in SEO tools and I wish their email list management was more forgiving on spam traps.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

It was a combination of feature vs. price. In addition, SharpSpring was much easier to use and get operational quickly.

Michelle from ZE PowerGroup

A better option to Hubspot and other Marketing Automation solutions

We like the platform as we can track online and email interactions with prospects, customers and partners. This helps us with qualifying lead generation and tracking the stickiness of campaigns. The training of SharpSpring was challenging but we were able to muddle through and figure out a lot of stuff on our own. Customer support has also been great when they are able to help with issues that may arise.

Pros

We like the fact it is much cheaper in cost as compared to HubSpot and other marketing automation platforms. The ease of using the platform has made it easy to early adoption of the end users and we are able to fully track our MQL and ROI.

Cons

SharpSpring has an extremely high demand on email accuracy rate of 98% so quite often we get suspended due to bounced back emails. Sometimes it is difficult to have an almost 100% list when people leave companies. We have as a solution, pay for 3rd party email checker services,to help mitigate this and we also send a larger portion of emails though mailchimp.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

cost, no locked in contract, larger user base capability and ease of use

Diego from Incrento

Great tool for marketing automation with fantastic customer support

Complex workflows depending on conditions based with custom fields to automate the nurturing process for our clients.

Pros

Customer/Partner support is simply amazing. Over the last 4 years working with Sharpspring, partner support had helped us in many and different ways solving 100% of our questions and cases that we need additional help. The support team replies incredibly fast and always friendly.

Cons

The landing page editor. Minor coding knowledge may be required.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Easy of use and implementation

June 2016

Clifford from Conversion Marketing Experts, LLC

June 2016

SharpSpring is my #1 system of choice

I have consulted and implemented over 300 marketing automation cases since 2008 when I became of Infusinsoft's top-ten rated consultants, partners until May of 2016. Prior to parting ways with Infusionsoft with which we had great success, I needed to find a better system for my needs and the clients I was serving. I wanted to explode the size of my email and prospect list without blowing my budget. When I found SharpSpring I fell in love because of their approach to serving partners and customers. They don't try to be all things to all people. SharpSpring sells through approved consulting and training partners like me, and many digital marketing agencies as well.

Pros

The software does what it is intended to do. It is not all things to all people like some of their competitors pretend to be. SharpSpring is killer marketing automation, light CRM and big-time sales enablement. It is not for wimps. Like with any sales enablement and marketing automation solution, choose wisely, include your key players in the selection process and be prepared to hire a pro and pay them to make this software perform. Unless you like making your own paperclips, don't try to put yourself in the marketing automation business. It's nuts to think you can do this on top of your own business unless you have a serious, full time pilot to help administrate this bad boy for maximum ROI. You do want ROI, don't you?

Cons

Not much to dislike when you make an informed decision. There are no tricks, gimmicks or lame sales practices.

Jared from Jared Loman Creative

Great first step into Marketing Automation

Using Sharpspring is a lightyears leap forward from your typical ESP. It brings a world of new opportunities typically only found in software packages three times the price. Sharpspring offers and incredible tool and impressive feature set for those just stepping into the world of marketing automation. For those who already familiar with this world with existing software in place, Sharpspring has the potential to save you a serious amount money. That being said, take some time to fully evaluate your needs (especially if you intend to use the CRM) to be sure that this younger and arguably less refined software package will be able to act as a full replacement to your existing software. If being used primarily as marketing automation tool only you'll find that Sharpspring plays really well with your existing systems with their Open API as well as Zapier and Salesforce integrations. In summary...Sharpspring is an incredibly strong contender in it's space. The fact that it can actually be compared to software that is over 3x it's cost is a statement to itself. Whether it will be a complete replacement for your existing software package will come down to your specific usage but if you are just getting into automation Sharpspring is a clear winner at the price point.

Pros

The amount of features you get for the price is absolutely unmatched. Their support is also really great now that they have strengthened the team. It used to be that responses took weeks but now I'm seeing replies sometimes in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Even though it's cheaper you have a tendency to want to compare it to the big players that have been around for years. Simply put...Sharpspring is just not as refined as some of the options. Although they seem to be rapidly releasing new features to be better contenders it seems that they come packed with a ton of bugs confusion amongst the team.

Susan from Go Left Marketing

Sharpspring is a Platform That Changed the Face of Our Company

We have been on the Sharpspring platform for a year now. Before SharpSpring we were a web design and marketing agency that worked on one-off projects and sent our clients on their way once it was complete. After we made the decision to invest in SharpSpring it completely changed how we interact with our clients. It has helped us establish much longer retainers which makes it possible for us to build stronger, closer relationships with our clients. After just one year of weaving SharpSpring into our business, we have seen huge growth for ourselves and for our clients who have bought into the platform as well. As with any other new technology, it hasn't been without some struggle. I am still not completely sold on their email builder platform. It lacks features and functionality that I grew spoiled by with MailChimp. Still, it beats having to jump from one platform to another to duct tape together all of our marketing efforts. We no longer need to have a separate landing page builder and email builder since SharpSpring does this all. I have full confidence that with the growth of SharpSpring they will beef up their email builder as well as landing page builder. We are a growing agency and have hitched our growth to that of the Sharpspring platform. They can count on our business for many years to come.

Pros

Positively positions our agency. Very easy to get new licenses. New billing structure makes it more affordable for smaller agencies like us.

Cons

Parts of the platform lack features. The app is almost useless for design and marketing purposes but is great for entering contacts.

MARTIN from Thoma Thoma

Great Value in Marketing Automation + CRM

We are using SharpSpring for our own agency's integrated digital marketing/CRM and providing this service to clients. We are certified on Salesforce, Hubspot and find Sharps the best overall value and most agency-focused SaaS company.

Pros

SharpSpring is very easy to use, intuitive interface and great tech and training support. Great agency partner

Cons

The developers are usually several steps ahead of me on product releases. In fact, since I've been using they easily doubled the features/functions without a price increase.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

Better pricing structure, better value, better agency model.

Aimee from ImageWorks Creative

SharpSpring is the go-to for today's marketing automation needs!

Our agency started using SharpSpring in 2015 and we couldn't be happier. Our lead nurturing and contact management was a mess - switching monthly between new online platforms - but then we found SharpSpring and what a difference it has made for our business. No more lost leads or cold prospects. The SS interface is so easy to use and the flow is very logical. We have recommended SharpSpring to all of our marketing services clients and most have migrated away from the "big guys" and love the transition to SS. The customer support is FAST, helpful, and full of tips to make client management and marketing even easier. The pricing structure is one-of-a-kind in the industry and it's quite unbelievable to me how reasonable the monthly fee is. In terms of email marketing campaigns, the template setup is robust, but simple. Our college intern was able to take over and figure out how to use SharpSpring in an hour! Several of our prospects noticed the change in the quality of our emails and asked what platform we use. This gave us credibility in the marketplace for being up on hip new technology. Lastly, SIGN UP for a SharpSpring demo! You won't be disappointed.

Pros

SharpSpring is easy to use and is robust. From contact to lead to client management, it's just drag and drop. The marketing automation tools are comprehensive, but simple. When trying to manage a lot of tasks at once, SS makes it seamless and nothing is missed. Their iphone app is great too!

Attila from XAPT Corporation

The best tool to automate sales and marketing processes

SharSpring is really an easy-to-use tool for marketing automation, meaning that it's easy to understand how the product works and navigate within the system. SharpSpring comes with various functionalities in not only automating processes, but getting insights what's happening on our websites and how to set up actions based on this. We use it in a B2B environment when its lead nurturing processes are critical and very useful.

Pros

- Easy to use - Comes with great documentation to learn how each features work - Support is just awesome - The product continously updated and developed. New features are launche regularly.

Cons

Small bugs are sometimes issued with the latest functionalities, but these are fixed pretty quickly.

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

We found that SharpSpring has many features just like HubSpot has, however it can be purchased on a lower price. The value SharpSpring brings to us worth the money. Better than other tools!

Lawrence from Sherpa Marketing

Sherpa Marketing

Working with SharpSpring has been a successful and straightforward relationship where we have been supported on every step of our journey. We have a committed account manager who checks in with our team monthly and we have also been well serviced by the Support Team who always responsive to our tickets and efficient in dealing with any problems that arise.

Pros

The email reporting functions are very detailed and allow us to provide our clients with good marketing insights on weekly reporting calls The general usability and navigation around the site is also easy to operate and understand. The drag and drop features when creating the emails and landing pages are also very good.

Cons

The isolation of each instance from one another. A lot of campaigns follow identical/similar structures to one another and the separation between the instances results in completely recreating emails and workflows where a simple copy feature would save a lot of time

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

We were already using HubSpot and wanted to move away so chose SharpSpring as this fitted our needs as business

Mindy from Vende Social

Great Product for Agencies

We are a quickly growing digital marketing agency and needed a more robust tool both internally and for our clients to generate and track leads through the sales funnel. We were initially using mailchimp and in our vetting process looked at Hubspot and few other competitors. Sharpspring was great because they are specifically created for agencies and have a team to support us as we roll this out to our client. It's been a super easy add on to our services since the tool is so robust and we have another revenue opportunity through various ways we can service our clients with the software.

Pros

UX is easy to navigate. It works like the "big boys" (hubspot) at a much better price point. It's been an incredible tool for us and for our clients giving us more insights and better lead tracking for sales teams.

Cons

The training and certification process is a little clunky.

Dan from Lake34 Marketing

Sharpspring is Powerful Marketing Automation Software that is a Great Value!

I have been using Sharspring for almost 3 years. I have B2B clients and B2C clients using the platform. Sharpspring has made some incredible progress in the past year. The customer support is excellent. It has a built in CRM that is fully integrated into the platform. With the new addition of the landing page and blog modules it is a complete Marketing Automation Solution. It is very user friendly and configurable. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

First, the set up is very easy, within 24 hours I can have a new client up and running. The automation is very flexible. Sharpspring comes with forms that can be placed on your website or can integrate with existing native forms. Sharpspring is a total marking solution that allows marketing to create landing pages, develop automated campaigns and track ROI. The built-in CRM allows sales people to see the user behavior and interest, add to nurture campaigns and even gather data on anonymous visitors.

Cons

The reporting on the CRM side could be a little more robust, but for most SMB's that reporting is more than adequate. The Landing Page module is new and could use some more templates. If Sharpspring could build a direct integration with Wordpress for the landing pages, that would be great.

Derek from Smart Money

Our Smartest Decision

We have integrated Sharpspring with other software systems which has been seamless and has allowed us to develop a really powerful platform. The nature of the software system means that as we keep refining our processes we are just getting better and better. The support and attitude of Sharpspring has been brilliant and they are a pleasure to deal with.

Pros

Sharpspring is totally focused on the important features of being able to deliver a world class marketing automation system at a incomprehensibly low price. With new features being added on a very regular basis this powerful platform really does it all. Our business would probably not exist without Sharpspring as it has become central to to most of our business processes. Having previously used other systems I can testify to Sharpspring's ease of use and effectiveness.

Cons

When we initially implemented the software there were a couple of features which were not available; however, over the past couple of years these issues have been addressed and the rate of developed is really impressive. Our initial concern that, compared to other platforms, Sharpspring might not keep pace with market developments have been completely dispelled and in fact they exceed the development of their industry peers

Reasons for Choosing SharpSpring

From a feature/price perspective it was easily the best option.

Kathy from WelComm, Inc.

SharpSpring

Once we signed up with SharpSpring you are given a 60 day onboarding process. This is where you are assigned to a onboard specialist and he essentially trains you. My onboard specialist was Deontae Lafayette who was fabulous, so knowledgeable and so patient with me. I really liked that I could have as much time with him as I needed. I made two one hour meetings every week. He would train me on something then I would work on that component and then we would review with our next meeting. After my 60 days ended he assured me that the support team is available as I need it. Also, SharpSpring has video tutorials that are accessible anytime I need to figure out how to do something. I really have enjoyed my time with SharpSpring so far as I feel they are really a very knowledgeable company and very easy to work with.

Pros

Cons

I really have not found anything I dislike. Some functions are not in formats i am used to with other platforms but one thing SharpSpring allows you is to send in a product feature that you would like them to consider and so far I have sent in two and they have used my suggestion and made that feature available.

Christina from Sparkitive, LLC

Best Value for the Money + AMAZING Support

Pros

Initially, the biggest feature was the lack of sticker shock associated with purchasing this software. We are a small marketing agency that drank the HubSpot Kool-aid so to speak. We signed on and went through all the training to become an Agency Partner. While it's great software, the price tag puts it outside the realm of feasible for most small business budgets. We found ourselves having to cut our own profits to get people to sign up for it and then they were frustrated at the year contract. SharpSpring solves that problem. They have the main automation product that goes head to head with HubSpot for features in every way for significantly less monthly investment and no lengthy contracts. Then they have the Mail+ product that's great for the really small clients. It has some limits on features, but offers a way lower price point for baby-stepping a client into the platform. And the most impressive thing was their onboarding process. They gave me unlimited access to a dedicated human while I was getting things set up and learning to use it for the first 60 days. The coolest part to me was that he was able and willing to deviate from the typical onboarding script. Instead of putting me through the usual paces, we spent our sessions diving into my client's needs and getting things set up. That saved me so much time and allowed me to onboard 8 clients in the first 2 months.

Cons

The landing page builder stinks- but honestly, I use Thrive Architect and WordPress anyway, so this didn't matter to me. When I pitched a feature request at them to look at Thrive Architect, the dev team said they were already talking to the owner of Thrive Themes and looking at how to either integrate it or build a similar tool. If they do anything even close, it would be awesome. And they don't have social publishing yet, but I'm told it's coming soon... fingers crossed.

Freddy from Splash Omnimedia

Winning with SharpSpring

From a Sales stand point, we are able to manage our pipeline more effectively and put together a sales cadence using the Sales Dailer, Sales Meeting, and Sales Optimizer! Knowing when a prospect opens our emails or visits our site turns a "cold call" into a "warm call"!

Pros

There are many great features in SharpSpring from setting up work flows to smart emails. My favorite piece is the Life of the Lead Tab. I can see the activity of a contact through out its history in the data base. So even if I have rep changes, I can see past meetings, emails (opened or unopened), phone calls, opportunities, and social media interaction. The benefits out way the user interaction time!

Cons

Setting up the email and DKIM process should be easier to set up... Would love more email templates. Lack of integration with Google Tag Manager.