• Pros

• "I like the slate of features as well as the pricing. It looks like a great solution to incorporating a help desk as well as time tracking/invoice and will replace two different software solutions."

• "Easy to use - customizable - simple initial setup - helpful and speedy customer service - low price"

• "The app is a convenient way to input and keep track of work orders for the multiple buildings under our management."

• Cons

• "The software feels a bit clunky. Coming from other ticketing systems it's not the prettiest, but it gets the job done. "

• "maybe not as flexible as some other platforms, but it also is way cheaper and so much simpler to setup and administer"

• "There are minimal drawbacks but none of them are insurmountable. "

Browse SherpaDesk Reviews

Doug

SherpaDesk is the most economical and effective ticketing solution that we've ever used.

We transitioned from the BigWeb Apps, so it took a little time to learn how to effectively use SherpaDesk.

Pros

SherpaDesk is adaptable for all users and groups of users. It's simple to enter, update, work on and close a ticket, and assets can be attached to a ticket. It's all web-based, so there is no client, so it's very device agnostic. The reports are informative and easy to generate. The process is now simpler to transfer tickets, including a feature to automatically route tickets to a user or queue.

John from consulting and information technology

Foundation of control for our IT support business.

Pros

- Easy to use. - Great support. - Full featured with options to enable only what is needed. - Continually updated. - A pleasure to use. - Easy for end users, engineers and customers. - Was up and using in 7.6 minutes. SherpaDesk is great. It has changed the way I do business. I have tried and reviewed many different helpdesk/ticketing solutions and SherpaDesk is the best fit for us by far..

Cons

I struggled to find a sensible con to post. No deal breakers. Some features need improvement (which seems to be continually happening) as they are a little rough around the edges or overly complex. During my use we found one bug and made one suggestion which were both fixed/implemented in a timely manner.

Peter from University of St Andrews

Brilliant ticket management system

Pros

SherpaDesk offers functionality we just didn't have with our old call management system. Being able to easily pass tickets across to other groups within the University, providing any relevant documents is in-valuable. Never once have we had a problem with attachments, or any other information, getting lost in the ether like our old provider did. Instead, SherpaDesk has been 100% reliable and secure. SherpaDesk is updated regularly, ensuring any bugs or security issues are patched out ASAP.

Cons

The main, if only, negative I have for SherpaDesk is getting to grips with the system. It was a rather a big learning curve coming from a much simpler system. The user-interface looks very nice, but navigating it as a newcomer, and even an experienced user, can be troublesome. Trying to understand weeks, sometimes months, of previous emails and correspondence can be confusing. But this seems to be a problem all ticket management applications suffer.

Micah from The Chattanooga Times Free Press

Industry: Newspapers

Simple, powerful ticketing

If you're looking for a good web-based ticketing solution SherpaDesk deserves a look. It is straightforward and simple, and has been a great solution for us. If you use it for it's intended purpose, it is robust enough to do an excellent job and yet simple enough to have a very short learning curve.

Pros

Easy to understand for techs; good presentation of information in dashboards; It does what it is supposed to do effectively and for a good price. You can get very good reporting and offers very credible tools to help a manager manage workflow.

Cons

End users still have to understand the emails. Since the bulk of IT ticket work is generated by the lower end of the user base, easier to understand discussion chains would be nice. I haven't seen anyone really do it better - the time/date stamps make it easy for me, but I'm not at the low end of the user base (at least I like to think I'm not).

Brent from Cavern Technologies

These Guys are Awesome

Cavern is the largest underground Co-location Facility in the world. A few years ago our customer satisfaction survey revealed that traditional Ticketing System was an process with room to improve. Since migrating to SherpaDesk we have received A+ on our customer satisfaction results including our ticketing system. In fact, a few of our 120+ clients have decided to use it along with other Sherpa Products and each one has told me personally that they love it! Note, recommendations from me are hard to come by but the Sherpa Team has earned this one. Feel free to reach out directly with any questions. Brent Jeffries- Cavern Technologies

Pros

Ease of use for clients. Reporting and tracking are simple with a very small learning curve. If there is a report you are looking for, they will gladly help as they realize others may be looking for the same thing. This is a well refined SaaS solution.

Cons

N/A, I don't have any complaints or areas I wish were improved.

Eric from Scott County School District 2

The best helpdesk system for education enterprises

Pros

I love how configurable Sherpadesk is. There are dozens of functions that are available within the system that can either be turned on or turned off per instance. Our organization has 2 instances (one for IT and one for Maintenance) and we are able to configure them both to include the options that make sense for that part of the organization. The ability to create tickets from an email and communicate with users via email are my favorite features within the system.

Cons

I have not found any true "cons" to this system. We did encounter a couple of issues during our initial setup but Sherpadesk support (which is hands down the quickest and most professional support team I've ever worked with) was able to help us get through any of those initial hang ups.

A Hidden Gem in a Sea of PSAs

Pros

It's simplicity, speed, and responsive support. Also, it's email parser is 2nd to none, allowing us full control in creating tickets (even on the user's behalf), updating, closing, adding billable time, and more all from email - which is one less interface we need to login to! We've tried other PSA solutions and were pleasantly surprised what Sherpadesk offers.

Cons

It's only been out for 3 years, still has a few rough edges, but they come out with product updates every two weeks and we doing all the right things to mature while keeping it simple.

Raul from Digitalxy - Assistência Informática

Great product

Pros

All in one with ticketing, time tracking, invoicing and customer notifications

Cons

As many fields can be customized so that I can use it in other laguages then EN the main fields on emails I can't. Not a deal breaker but then....

Darryl from Highlands School District

SherpaDesk has proven to be a solid decision for our District

Pros

Easy implementation, will all the support features we needed, with an easy to use interface. The solution comes with multiple avenues you can interact with your tickets, and provide updates a crossed any platform with an internet connection. A completely cloud hosted solution, based on a subscription model. This makes it easy to manage from the IT administrative end. The support we've received thus far has been great.

Cons

So far, nothing major to note. They are making some enhancements to their reporting, which will be nice once it's made available.

Response from SherpaDesk

Replied April 2017

Thanks for the feedback Darryl! On the next release we will have a new visualization creator and Dashboards! Stay tuned for the next release

Robert from RBA Professional Data Systems

February 2016

Great option for keeping track of Service tickets

We have multiple clients with multiple locations. We use SherpaDesk to keep track of open service calls, pull reports on how long it takes our employees to address the calls, how much time we're spending on the solving the problem, and billing our customers for that time.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to pull reports, excellent customer service when we have a problem.

Cons

Like all cloud based apps, we're dependent on the health of the cloud. When there's an issue with the cloud architecture, we have no service. This has only happened on a few occasions.

Decent ticketing system with a lot of functionality

Pros

Several ways to sort and access tickets, modern interface, and overall very functional. There is also a phone app, which is a plus. Have not had a need to contact support, so I can't answer to the support quality.

Cons

As other users here, I also transitioned from BigWeb Apps (about 6 months ago), so there has been a bit of a learning curve to this one, and I'm actually still trying to learn all of it's functions. Though I like the overall modern look of SherpaDesk, I feel that BigWeb Apps was much easier to navigate. You have to click a lot more places in SherpaDesk in order to get where you're trying to go (as opposed to the simplistic interface of BigWeb Apps). This is the reason I couldn't give it a full 5 start.

Mary from My Author Home/Charmed Chicken

Industry: Publishing

Robust Software

I really want to like this software and I think I'm going to be very pleased with it once I stick with it. However, the lack of clear "this is what you do to get started" leaves the user feeling a little overwhelmed.

Pros

Cons

It is not intuitive to setup and the help guides could use improvement. I am going to have to dig in to fully use the software, and having only "setup videos" hampers those with limited internet options such as rural customers.

Response from SherpaDesk

Replied May 2019

Thanks for checking us out Mary! We are working on getting more self help articles out along with some more setup videos. The system has changed a lot over the last few months and some articles have already been dates. We know this is an issue for new users :( HOWEVER! Please feel free to send us questions at anytime to support@sherpadesk.com. We are quick to get back with you. You can also sign up for our weekly demo and talk directly with a product specialist on any questions you may have https://www.sherpadesk.com/book-a-demo

Bjoern from Complete Connection Consulting LLC

Industry: Computer Networking

Great ticketing platform without the big price tag

Pros

very straight forward pricing model, much more competitive than the big players in the market the software has all the features we need (mostly time tracking) and can do a lot more that we don't even utilize support is very helpful and quick to respond and implement changes

Ray from Erie Insurance Arena

A simple work order system that helps keep the organization on track

Pros

Cons

There are minimal drawbacks but none of them are insurmountable.

David from Information Technology

Very Sharp Product with Many Easy-to-Use Features

Pros

This product is fully-hosted, and with a very intuitive interface implementation is easy. We started with some features "turned off" so we could grow into them as we gained experience with the product and was surprised at how well it handled us using additional features on existing tickets, etc.

Cons

More flexibility in reporting would be great - a pre-bill report so you can check invoices for accuracy before creating them, for example, along with the ability to customize the invoice layout. A big item for us as a weak point is more granularity and control over what emails go out to clients. We have a number of "just get it done" clients who don't want to see progress report, awaiting response, and other interim emails that we sometimes see slipping out of the system.

Michael from Is systems

The right ticketing system for sma businesses

Satisfied with the product. Only wish they had phone support.

Pros

The first tech is always free. The software has some really neat email parsing functions that allow you to open a ticket, put time against it, notes, categorize and close a ticket all in one email.

Christian from Consus srl

End of a long search

Well, I'm an italian IT Tech. I need to take care of my customers, I need to track whenever they call me or send me email requests, track time spent for assistance, and so on. So I needed something super fast and easy to use real time while receiving phone calls, emails or doing remote/on-site assistance. I spent 3 months through different solutions. I actually needed just 1 seat to try, test and choose; we're a very small IT consulting agency, so a fair price is mandatory. We had our 1 seat and the full potential of the service permanently free (and we'll add more seats soon). Well, it's been easy to manage and configure from the beginning. You don't need to understand everything from time-0 to use it, you easily become familiar with everything in the first few days, tweaking the setting on your needs. It's not the most complete solution of all, but it's a perfect blend of speed/ease of use/price/flexibility for a small reality like we are.

Pros

Ease of use; no limited functions or super priced options; very fast; pretty flexible for customization; white-labeled; affordable price

Cons

Some redundant unremovable fields in ticket classification; I really miss not being able to translate customer's GUI; Email reports customization shoud be improved to be more flexible.

Solid, simple product

Pros

Ease of the SherpDesk tool is appreciated. Keeping it Simple! I appreciate simplicity and not a lot of bells and whistles. I am still very new to SherpaDesk and need more time to truly assess the tool. However, I am well versed in ticketing software and simplicity is key. I appreciate that the online application has not once failed on me.

Cons

Being relatively new to SherpaDesk, I cannot state there are many cons. There are features I do not use but I expect to incorporate some features into our workload soon.

Shannon

Excellent Solution for Growing MSP

Pros

Full functionality without spending hours to onboard and set up, basic needs to get an MSP off the ground and running, ability to customize as business grows, logical and functional work flow

Cons

Pricing plan adjusted without admin realizing but it was minimal and came with added functionality so all in all not a huge deal

Callum

February 2016

Sherpa Desk is a great support desk app.

I have been using Sherpa Desk for over a year to handle support requests for my membership sites. It has a very intuitive design and is very easy to learn how to use all the features. It has done a fantastic job at enabling me to handle all my members support inquiries and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a support ticket system for their business.

Pros

Very easy to set up.

Cons

There is nothing that i have tried to do that it has not been capable of achieving.

Perfect for our needs

Pros

As a facilities department in a school district, we have many needs from transferring work order tickets, internally and externally, responding with notes and pictures and custom reporting. SherpaDesk enables all of this on both desktop and mobile versions. The customer support is amazing.

Cons

While the reporting is robust, it is not always intuitive. It would be nice to have the non-technical names for each field. That said, once you figure it out, it works.

July 2016

July 2016

Excellent

User friendly, easy to process. No problems with software, always easy to use and process requests. Program used for IT requests. reliable system never fails.

Pros

Quick and easy to use

Cons

Have not experienced any Cons

Effortless, user friendly and feature rich

Pros

This software is very user friendly. It was easy to setup and continues to be easy to maintain. Our team has caught on quickly and we have migrated a lot of data into this puppy successfully.

Cons

I hate that the tickets don't recognize urls in the body as clickable links. It's not that difficult to incorporate so I have to assume that it is considered a "security feature." If that is true, then allow us to click a checkbox to allow/deny the function.

Sherpa Desk review

Pros

Great to know someone knows...eases the anxiety of others :) I like sherpadesk. I believe that there is more to learn and know to really make it work for a school district. It is good to know that a request has been made and is shifted (hopefully) to the appropriate party to get the ball rolling to complete a request.

Cons

Need to know if I'm suppose to select where to send request.. but most cons have to be with user/admin side...

Support + Time Tracking = Better Communications

SherpaDesk's combination of support ticketing and time tracking has allowed us to be better communicators both internally and externally (with clients). On-boarding new employees and new customers are a breeze due to the clean interface and seamless email integration. Highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use, Customer Support, Feature rich, and Price

Cons

More integrations would be nice.

Jeremy from Herman Pro AV

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Phenomenal Product

Pros

Affordable Reliable Intuitive Plays well with other needs (credit card processing, accounting software) ***Customer Care - SECOND TO NONE*** They actually care, seriously.

Cons

Would like more features from full website integrated into the mobile application. The paradigm shift from desktop or laptop to mobile management of virtually everything, is nearing maturity.

Leslie

great for keeping up with chrome depot repairs log

K-12 public school system in Oklahoma. I use this daily to keep track of tickets on what repairs are needed for our Chrome Depot. Also easy to keep track of what parts are needed for repairs. Pretty user friendly once you figure out where everything is.

Pros

easy to use, nice user interface.

Cons

nothing, i haven't run across any yet.

Good Value for the money

For a smaller IT department, Sherpadesk has worked out great for us. The cost is very competitive and so far the features have worked out fine. Have been using this service for 4+ years now.

Pros

Cloud Based Customizable features Cost

Cons

Takes time to setup initially

Jessie

Great Service!

We have used Sherpa Desk for a few years now and the transition has been seamless. The company holds its self to a high standard that they continuously achieve. The customer interface is easy to use and teach to our employees and easy to use on the technician side. The company continues to make us happy with our decision to go with them

Pros

The user interface on the technical side is clean and uncluttered. The direction speaks for its self. The user interface on the employee side is easy an unencumbered.

Cons

We have not found anything that we really don't like. It is even easy to use on other platforms

Jorge

Best help desk / ticketing solution!

Pros

For the past few years I used several apps, but by far SherpaDesk is the best, not only is affordable but has all the features that my business needs. I Highly recommend

Cons

I haven't found any issues, it takes a little time to learn and take advantaged of all the features but no problems at all.

Tom

Pros

There are a lot of options we haven't used yet. I don't make the final decisions but can see on your site there are many options to choose from

Cons

Very user friendly, Will have to use it more for a more educated review. There are always flaws that can be fixed but to early for me to know what they are.

February 2016

SherpaDesk has greatly improved our user support

We have been using SherpaDesk for almost a year and are pleased with the ease and flexibility of the system. It is a very good value for the money and we are able to track support requests, projects, users, and inventory. Configuration was simple and the interface is intuitive.

Pros

ease of use; ability to customize/fit our organization; simple/clean interface; cost; customer service and support; responsiveness; uptime

February 2016

Great for small IT service provider.

SherpaDesk has is a great tool for small IT service provider. Ticketing, comments and time logging works seamlessly and our customer happiness has grown after we started to use SherpaDesk. Guys at BigWegApps listens our needs and they have done several improvements for us.

Pros

UI, Comments include time logging, email parsing.

Cons

Reporting needs improvement - customer portal could include reporting.

Kristal

February 2016

SherpaDesk makes life easier for school teachers.

We have just started using SherpaDesk this school year for both maintenance and technology requests and it has made such a big difference. Teachers can quickly enter requests as soon as the need arises instead of having to track someone down during their planning periods. Makes for much faster response times.

Pros

Super convenient and efficient!

August 2016

August 2016

Daily Use

Helpful tool, so far pretty easy to use. I have only been using SherpaDesk for about 2 1/2 weeks but it has been pretty easy to pickup and helpful with keeping track of things.

Pros

Easy, helpful, informative

Cons

None that I can think of.

Great Help desk system

Never had any problems with it, simple and easy and keeps track of all my tickets, has everything I need to do my job. Support is responsive when something is down, and is quick to get things resolved.

Pros

Easy to use, keeps track of everything for you, notifications

Cons

none, I can't find any cons with it

June 2016

Greg

June 2016

Solid App

Great app, so far it works well for our organization. It is easy to use and i haven't experienced any issues. Works well for our properties and our IT team

Pros

Easy to use and create tickets

Cons

If using the web version on mobile the ticket system doesn't fit the screen correctly.

Great app

Great organizational tool. Makes putting work tickets in much easier. Response time from the people responsible has been much more prompt. I no longer have to put in tickets for those around me. They are able to do it easily themselves.

Easy and manageable

Pros

Quick learning curve. Matter of minutes to get comfortable where everything you need to access is. Highy recommended for anyone needing a ticketing system.

Great helpdesk

Pros

Great product that goes from ticket to invoice to money in my pocket. Added value I can do all this on site from the app on my phone.

Jennifer from HCS

Sherpa Desk APP

Easy to use especially when traveling from school to school for tech repairs. Great for documenting notes and communicating with staff regarding technical difficulties.

Pros

Easy features to see tickets.

Cons

Doesn't time out. Always stays logged in.

Intuitive and Effective

We use Sherpadesk for our campus helpdesk software. It was a welcome upgrade from our previous system and has greatly improved our office efficiency. It is far easier to keep track of individual tickets and assignments as well as easily denote who is responsible for what. It is helping prevent any tickets from falling through the cracks. As a user, the software is convenient and intuitive. It just makes sense and is easy to navigate through the tickets. It is easily customized and we have it set up to effectively meet our needs.

Pros

Clear interface, plenty of customization, effective at task management

Cons

Load time for viewing tickets can be slower than it should be

February 2016

SherpaDesk makes it easy to receive the technical support I need

My school district implemented SherpaDesk this year in order to handle the requests of many schools at once. I receive instant confirmation of my requests, and the support form is very easy to use. We have had no issues at all with the app!

Leonard

Elayna

Super Helpful

SherpaDesk is incredibly easy to use and just customizable enough to get the most out of the app. But not overboard so you're swimming in details. The user-friendly appearance is great for internal and external users alike!

Kendall

Ticketing done right!

SherpaDesk has been fabulous from the start! From testing out their solution to implementing within our state-wide School District, the process couldn't have been easier! Our schools would often reach out via email to one of us, and then send a separate email to another one of us, and before we know it, the whole department is working on one school's issue. While this wouldn't be terrible if we only had one school in the District, we've got 32! Everything has been put together where it just makes sense! Convenience in a snap! Almost everything is customizable and is super simple!

Thomas

Mohamed from Unique Information Technology

Dan from Plano ISD

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Dallas from Software

Interested, then intrigued, then amazed.

Pros

Flexibility and complexities; allows multi-client, multi-organization, multi-contractor tracking with accounting.

Cons

Didn't allow multiple taxes for invoicing. Didn't allow knowledge base to organization relationships; I want to assign specific knowledge articles to specific organizations; one or many.