SherpaDesk

SherpaDesk Reviews

RATING:

• icon"It has changed the way I do business. I have tried and reviewed many different helpdesk/ticketing solutions and SherpaDesk is the best fit for us by far."
  • icon"SherpaDesk enables all of this on both desktop and mobile versions. The customer support is amazing."
  • icon"It was easy to setup and continues to be easy to maintain. Our team has caught on quickly and we have migrated a lot of data into this puppy successfully."
  • icon"I often get confused when I go looking for something I added and yet don't see it."
  • icon"I hate that the tickets don't recognize urls in the body as clickable links."
  • icon"Maybe not as flexible as some other platforms, but it also is way cheaper and so much simpler to setup and administer."

Browse all SherpaDesk Reviews

• Have you used SherpaDesk and would like to share your experience with others?

Randal

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

April 2022

Every IT Business needs a Sherpa

Doug

SherpaDesk is the most economical and effective ticketing solution that we've ever used.

We transitioned from the BigWeb Apps, so it took a little time to learn how to effectively use SherpaDesk.

Pros

SherpaDesk is adaptable for all users and groups of users. It's simple to enter, update, work on and close a ticket, and assets can be attached to a ticket. It's all web-based, so there is no client, so it's very device agnostic. The reports are informative and easy to generate. The process is now simpler to transfer tickets, including a feature to automatically route tickets to a user or queue.

Randal

Every IT Business needs a Sherpa

Super happy. Simple means it works quickly out of the box and my techs are not annoyed at extra hoops for ticketing.

Pros

We needed something simple, that worked with Ninja, IT Glue and Quickbooks. This fit the bill perfectly, all at a reasonable monthly fee, without contract, which is the big bonus. Support is out of this word. Even a function that would help us greatly was added within about 2 months, which is unheard of with other companies. They listen and act.

Cons

The integration with Ninja for alerts could be better.

Reasons for choosing SherpaDesk

Simplicity and price.

Ian

There are better CRMs out there

Pros

The tool allows us to track accounts and outreach relatively well

Cons

We no longer use Sherpa as a CRM tool because of the many problems. The search function is horrible, it feels like an outdated tool for CRM and our teams are extremely slow when logging information into the program.

Foundation of control for our IT support business.

Pros

- Easy to use. - Great support. - Full featured with options to enable only what is needed. - Continually updated. - A pleasure to use. - Easy for end users, engineers and customers. - Was up and using in 7.6 minutes. SherpaDesk is great. It has changed the way I do business. I have tried and reviewed many different helpdesk/ticketing solutions and SherpaDesk is the best fit for us by far..

Cons

I struggled to find a sensible con to post. No deal breakers. Some features need improvement (which seems to be continually happening) as they are a little rough around the edges or overly complex. During my use we found one bug and made one suggestion which were both fixed/implemented in a timely manner.

Micah

Industry: Newspapers

May 2016

Simple, powerful ticketing

If you're looking for a good web-based ticketing solution SherpaDesk deserves a look. It is straightforward and simple, and has been a great solution for us. If you use it for it's intended purpose, it is robust enough to do an excellent job and yet simple enough to have a very short learning curve.

Pros

Easy to understand for techs; good presentation of information in dashboards; It does what it is supposed to do effectively and for a good price. You can get very good reporting and offers very credible tools to help a manager manage workflow.

Cons

End users still have to understand the emails. Since the bulk of IT ticket work is generated by the lower end of the user base, easier to understand discussion chains would be nice. I haven't seen anyone really do it better - the time/date stamps make it easy for me, but I'm not at the low end of the user base (at least I like to think I'm not).

Brent

February 2016

These Guys are Awesome

Cavern is the largest underground Co-location Facility in the world. A few years ago our customer satisfaction survey revealed that traditional Ticketing System was an process with room to improve. Since migrating to SherpaDesk we have received A+ on our customer satisfaction results including our ticketing system. In fact, a few of our 120+ clients have decided to use it along with other Sherpa Products and each one has told me personally that they love it! Note, recommendations from me are hard to come by but the Sherpa Team has earned this one. Feel free to reach out directly with any questions. Brent Jeffries- Cavern Technologies

Pros

Ease of use for clients. Reporting and tracking are simple with a very small learning curve. If there is a report you are looking for, they will gladly help as they realize others may be looking for the same thing. This is a well refined SaaS solution.

Cons

N/A, I don't have any complaints or areas I wish were improved.

Raul

Great product

Pros

All in one with ticketing, time tracking, invoicing and customer notifications

Cons

As many fields can be customized so that I can use it in other laguages then EN the main fields on emails I can't. Not a deal breaker but then....

Darryl

SherpaDesk has proven to be a solid decision for our District

Pros

Easy implementation, will all the support features we needed, with an easy to use interface. The solution comes with multiple avenues you can interact with your tickets, and provide updates a crossed any platform with an internet connection. A completely cloud hosted solution, based on a subscription model. This makes it easy to manage from the IT administrative end. The support we've received thus far has been great.

Cons

So far, nothing major to note. They are making some enhancements to their reporting, which will be nice once it's made available.

Response from SherpaDesk

Thanks for the feedback Darryl! On the next release we will have a new visualization creator and Dashboards! Stay tuned for the next release

Replied April 2017

Callum

February 2016

Sherpa Desk is a great support desk app.

I have been using Sherpa Desk for over a year to handle support requests for my membership sites. It has a very intuitive design and is very easy to learn how to use all the features. It has done a fantastic job at enabling me to handle all my members support inquiries and I would highly recommend it to anyone seeking a support ticket system for their business.

Pros

Very easy to set up.

Cons

There is nothing that i have tried to do that it has not been capable of achieving.

Jeremy

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Phenomenal Product

Pros

Affordable Reliable Intuitive Plays well with other needs (credit card processing, accounting software) ***Customer Care - SECOND TO NONE*** They actually care, seriously.

Cons

Would like more features from full website integrated into the mobile application. The paradigm shift from desktop or laptop to mobile management of virtually everything, is nearing maturity.

Finally a decent ticketing system

Overall I really like the software. I've used a number of ticket tools and Sherpadesk doesn't cause me pain to use. Yeah, it's a ticket tool, but at least it's an easy to use one.

Pros

The interface is clean and simple yet offers everything I need as a technician. It has what I need when I need it and an easy way to interact with it.

Cons

The order of listing communications could be better or at least configurable. I often get confused when I go looking for something I added and yet don't see it.

Reasons for switching to SherpaDesk

I changed jobs.

Response from SherpaDesk

Thank you for the great feedback. We are always looking to our SherpaDesk community for feedback and making sure we are on the right track!

Replied October 2020

Peter

Brilliant ticket management system

Pros

SherpaDesk offers functionality we just didn't have with our old call management system. Being able to easily pass tickets across to other groups within the University, providing any relevant documents is in-valuable. Never once have we had a problem with attachments, or any other information, getting lost in the ether like our old provider did. Instead, SherpaDesk has been 100% reliable and secure. SherpaDesk is updated regularly, ensuring any bugs or security issues are patched out ASAP.

Cons

The main, if only, negative I have for SherpaDesk is getting to grips with the system. It was a rather a big learning curve coming from a much simpler system. The user-interface looks very nice, but navigating it as a newcomer, and even an experienced user, can be troublesome. Trying to understand weeks, sometimes months, of previous emails and correspondence can be confusing. But this seems to be a problem all ticket management applications suffer.

Very polished product

Pros

This software was very polished. It has a lot of features almost overwhelming!

Cons

I found the usability of the software slightly challenging. In all honesty I think I need just some more experience with it.

Reasons for choosing SherpaDesk

Cost and features

Reasons for switching to SherpaDesk

Cost, quality of product

Response from SherpaDesk

SherpaDesk provides free email based support, weekly web sessions with a product specialist and a support portal with help articles and videos. For customers needing more 1 on 1 sessions we offer paid training. We work towards answering all questions in a timely manner. Always feel free to reach out. Our support team us here to help.

Replied October 2020

Decent ticketing system with a lot of functionality

Pros

Several ways to sort and access tickets, modern interface, and overall very functional. There is also a phone app, which is a plus. Have not had a need to contact support, so I can't answer to the support quality.

Cons

As other users here, I also transitioned from BigWeb Apps (about 6 months ago), so there has been a bit of a learning curve to this one, and I'm actually still trying to learn all of it's functions. Though I like the overall modern look of SherpaDesk, I feel that BigWeb Apps was much easier to navigate. You have to click a lot more places in SherpaDesk in order to get where you're trying to go (as opposed to the simplistic interface of BigWeb Apps). This is the reason I couldn't give it a full 5 start.

Mary

Industry: Publishing

Robust Software

I really want to like this software and I think I'm going to be very pleased with it once I stick with it. However, the lack of clear "this is what you do to get started" leaves the user feeling a little overwhelmed.

Pros

I like the slate of features as well as the pricing. It looks like a great solution to incorporating a help desk as well as time tracking/invoice and will replace two different software solutions.

Cons

It is not intuitive to setup and the help guides could use improvement. I am going to have to dig in to fully use the software, and having only "setup videos" hampers those with limited internet options such as rural customers.

Response from SherpaDesk

Thanks for checking us out Mary! We are working on getting more self help articles out along with some more setup videos. The system has changed a lot over the last few months and some articles have already been dates. We know this is an issue for new users :( HOWEVER! Please feel free to send us questions at anytime to support@sherpadesk.com. We are quick to get back with you. You can also sign up for our weekly demo and talk directly with a product specialist on any questions you may have https://www.sherpadesk.com/book-a-demo

Replied May 2019

Bjoern

Industry: Computer Networking

Great ticketing platform without the big price tag

Pros

very straight forward pricing model, much more competitive than the big players in the market the software has all the features we need (mostly time tracking) and can do a lot more that we don't even utilize support is very helpful and quick to respond and implement changes

Cons

maybe not as flexible as some other platforms, but it also is way cheaper and so much simpler to setup and administer

Ray

A simple work order system that helps keep the organization on track

Pros

The app is a convenient way to input and keep track of work orders for the multiple buildings under our management.

Cons

There are minimal drawbacks but none of them are insurmountable.

Eric

The best helpdesk system for education enterprises

Pros

I love how configurable Sherpadesk is. There are dozens of functions that are available within the system that can either be turned on or turned off per instance. Our organization has 2 instances (one for IT and one for Maintenance) and we are able to configure them both to include the options that make sense for that part of the organization. The ability to create tickets from an email and communicate with users via email are my favorite features within the system.

Cons

I have not found any true "cons" to this system. We did encounter a couple of issues during our initial setup but Sherpadesk support (which is hands down the quickest and most professional support team I've ever worked with) was able to help us get through any of those initial hang ups.

Very Sharp Product with Many Easy-to-Use Features

Pros

This product is fully-hosted, and with a very intuitive interface implementation is easy. We started with some features "turned off" so we could grow into them as we gained experience with the product and was surprised at how well it handled us using additional features on existing tickets, etc.

Cons

More flexibility in reporting would be great - a pre-bill report so you can check invoices for accuracy before creating them, for example, along with the ability to customize the invoice layout. A big item for us as a weak point is more granularity and control over what emails go out to clients. We have a number of "just get it done" clients who don't want to see progress report, awaiting response, and other interim emails that we sometimes see slipping out of the system.