All Text Request Reviews

Erika

Consumer Services, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed February 2022

Easy way to stay connected

Steve

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Perfect for Rapid Communication

It is a fantastic tool for our business where accuracy matters. Our ability to confirm booking details with our guests and partners in a clean and efficient matter is paramount to our success.

PROS

It gives us the ability to interact directly with our guests in a way that conveys information clearly, concisely and quickly.

CONS

The mobile app is useful somewhat unreliable

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Discontinuation of ZipWhip forced our hand

Steve, thank you for leaving us a review. Please reach out to support@textrequest.com

Alisha

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Text Request Review

Awesome for the most part, just a few minor glitches.

PROS

Being able to contact clients, other of our locations and staff with one relatively simple platform.

CONS

Not a lot of after hours contact. With clients that are open 7 days a week, having someone available can really help with the client satisfaction of the service.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

We were growing with more hospitals all over the country and wanted one to grow better with us.

Alisha, thank you for leaving this review. We would love to expand with you and help your hospitals!

Ace

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Biggest mistake

One of the worst experience I have had with a phone system switch and one that I want to get rid of as quickly as possible

PROS

The sell you convenience and ease. The. Tell you a package has a certain product your were wanting only to tell you it comes with it and now you have to pay $100 extra a month.

CONS

Terrible customer service. They lie to get you to join. The app works half the time. You can’t delete messages that are irrelevant.

Reason for choosing Text Request

Because I was sold a bunch of shit that wasn’t even part of the plan.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Because I was told Facebook and google reviews were part of the package I was getting.

Ace, so sorry to hear that you've had a bad experience. Our team would never initially mislead you. Our pricing and add-on structure, including reviews, is very transparent on our pricing page: https://www.textrequest.com/pricing I know the success team has tried to reach out but feel free to call us or email success@textrequest.com to talk through this issue and resolve it in the best way possible.

Cody

Automotive, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Text Request Will Get The Job Done!

Overall it has been a good experience. We use the product daily and since implementing it, we have only had one day where it was malfunctioning and they rectified the issue the same day, so it didn't have a major impact. Anyone looking for a text platform that provides a wide variety of functionality for a relatively low cost should be checking out Text Request.

PROS

An affordable alternative to many other text platforms, Text Request is bursting with features and options. While our company may not use many of them (as we just don't have a need yet), for the price, it was a no-brainer to choose them over other options. It was easy to implement and the support was there to get it done and get it done efficiently.

CONS

The interface for some of the features can be somewhat cumbersome at times, however, it is also still pretty easy to figure out.

Reason for choosing Text Request

The other platforms were either much higher in cost and/or they just didn't meet the necessary requirements we needed.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Zipwhip went out of business and we had not other choice but to switch platforms as we still needed way to internally send out text communications to our teams.

Thank you so much for this awesomely detailed review! Glad that after looking at other products, you picked Text Request. If you ever run into any questions please reach out to success@textrequest.com

Replied January 2024

Jenny

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Text Request for the WIN!

Overall our experience with Text Request has been very positive. I have no complaints honestly. The one con that I listed is more of a suggestion of an improvement that text request could make to their program. We have been pleased with the service we have received. Would recommend to any company looking to switch.

PROS

Text Request made our transfer over to their program seem less. We were so appreciative and thankful that it was not a stressful transition. Not only do we use text request for our students but we also use it for prospective students and clients receiving services. The one feature that I absolutely love is I am able to have it on my phone and receive notifications. This is so very helpful for me as the Campus Director of our school.

CONS

I wish once you replied to a message it would mark it taken care of. Sometimes it can become confusing when you have responded to someone and it will look like another new message. Other than that I honestly have no issues with Text Request.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

They were going out of business and we had to look for a new company. Text request made the switch very easy.

Jenny, thank you so much for this awesome review.

Libby

Education Management, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed May 2024

Superior Business Texting Software

PROS

1) The ability to text from my business' land line 2) All the features: Mass texting, Keywords, SMS Chat, Form fields, Templates 3) Proactive communication from Text Request's team

CONS

No complaints at all. I think everything has been great.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

ZipWhip went out of business so we proactively vetted alternative platforms. We were really happy with Text Request and switched over all of our franchise location's early.

Libby, thank you for being such a Text Request Champion!

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

We heart Text Request

We send probably 35,000 SMS per month, Text Request makes it very easy for my team--all facets of my business flows through Text Request. The mobile app is just like the desktop app. My team is very attached to Text Request

PROS

Easy to use, always reliable, very capable system

CONS

I can't think of any cons but need 40 characters to submit

Reason for choosing Text Request

Ease of use, ability to migrate contacts and conversations from ZipWhip

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Zipwhip was scheduled to shut down so we left

Michael, thank you for this awesome review. Glad you switched to us after Zipwhip

Kyle

Logistics and Supply Chain, 11-50 employees

Our experience with Text Request

PROS

It offers nearly all the same functionality as all other options we have tried and it is at a fraction of the cost.

CONS

I cannot see what webpage the customer decides to initiate text request from. This would help us locate where the customer is on the website to best serve them.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Podium was becoming very expensive with no new functionality

Kyle, thank you for this review. Please reach out to success@textrequest.com to talk about reports, where you can see the URL that the SMS Chat was used on.

Cristina

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Easy to use!

Overall it fills our needs and we continue to find new ways and options to use this app. It's become out preferred way to communicate with clients. It also helps that most people prefer text over phone calls or emails.

PROS

I like the template option the best! We save templates to send out appointment confirmations. Cuts down on time!

CONS

If you are searching for a name that you have already saved in the address book it sometimes will not find it. Search is best with the phone number.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

They stopped services. Text request is so much better!

Thank you for this review. Glad to know that we fit your needs

claudia

Insurance, 2-10 employees

Text Request BEST PLATFORM

This was a gem to set up and implement and get support if there are issues. They go over and above.

PROS

transitioning from ZipWhip was painless. they were very helpful!

CONS

We would like to have more control over the layout

Reason for choosing Text Request

start to finish - painless - 30 minutes. Other platforms would take their time to get back and didn't know how to transition.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

ZipWhip was sunsetted and the other companies were not responsive. START to FINISH of set-up was 30 minutes

Claudia, thank you so much for leaving us a review.

Christine

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

We LOVE Text Request

Our overall experience with Text Request has been great. One of the other vendors we work with recommended them at a time that I was researching review generation companies that also offered texting platforms. Text Request was a fraction of the cost and while they aren't a review generation company per say, you can EASILY set up a template to text clients asking them to write a review and you can even include a link so they are taken directly to your review website of choice.

PROS

Our independent insurance agency absolutely LOVES Text Request. Our clients will often ask if they can text us or if we can text them and prior to Text Request, we didn't have an option to do so other than giving out our personal cell numbers. In our line of work, we often need photos of a client's car or home and I love that Text Request allows clients to send these photos to us so easily. I also love that our agents can use Text Request right from their computer and don't need to be checking a cell phone constantly. It is very user friendly and was easy for our agents to learn how to use.

CONS

I don't have anything negative to say about the desktop version of the software and I think it's extremely user friendly. The mobile app is a little clunky, but for the most part we use the desktop version and don't have to use the mobile app, so this concern doesn't come up often.

Reason for choosing Text Request

We chose Text Request over other products we researched primarily because of price, but I was also extremely impressed with how easy it was to set up a demo with them (I believe our demo was done the same day I reached out to schedule it) and the fact that I didn't feel like they were putting any pressure on me to purchase their product. They quickly and simply showed me what Text Request could do and let the product do the talking. Some people respond to hard sales tactics, but I do not and I really appreciated their gentle but effective approach.

Hello Christine, So happy that our desktop/browser app works for you just fine! I have sent your Cons to my product team. -Ramey

Replied October 2021

Nathaniel

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2023

TextRequest is an Oasis in a Sea of Bad SMS Providers

When our VP of IT left suddenly, I had to use context clues to figure out what she was working on, one of which was ZipWhip transition, which I did not know was expiring in less than a month! The TextRequest team hauled and hustled to get the ZipWhip transition done in less than a month and I am grateful! TextRequest has been working consistently, which is also something I am grateful for!

PROS

Clear sensible design run by a team that cares about a good product and is not trying to exploit me.

CONS

We had to fight to the death with bad SMS providers to release the old SMS phone numbers. I felt like I entered battle with a pool noodle, and I was at the mercy of the bad SMS providers. A tool to help force phone number release would have saved time.

Reason for choosing Text Request

HIPAA compliance, ease of use, acceptable price, and the ZipWhip conversion tool.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

ZipWhip: expired in less than 1 month, and I was not notified. Klara: I would rather drink sewage than continue to work with Klara, one of the worst companies I have ever worked with.

Nathaniel, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this detailed review. Glad that you picked Text Request as your business texting provider.

Replied December 2023

Victor

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Great, easy to use platform!

So far, our experience with them has been great! Their customer service is top notch!

PROS

Text Request has a straight-forwarded, easy to use platform. The UI is very user friendly.

CONS

The only con was on bulk reporting. However, the Text Request team was able to assist us with any special reporting request.

Reason for choosing Text Request

The simplicity of the platform and the price.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Pricing and lack of features, specifically reporting.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad we were able to accommodate you and your team. We have added a few more reports in our v6.52 release. View that info here: https://www.textrequest.com/release-notes Please reach out if you ever run into any issues. Thanks again.

Replied July 2022

Kathy

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Quick, simple texting

PROS

We like the integration with Google Chrome and the mobile app!

CONS

we have been customers for a while we were forced into new pricing and increased cost.

Reason for choosing Text Request

We started with Text request first. We have used this service for more than 5 years.

Kathy, thank you for your review! Appreciate you taking the time, and for sticking with us for so long. The Chrome extension and mobile apps are some of my favorites, too. Mobile carriers recently added charges to every business texting over their networks (you may have heard about "10DLC registration"). I believe that's the con you're referring to, and I can empathize with you. Ultimately this should be better for everyone - providers like us, businesses like you, and end consumers - because those dollars are going towards reducing spam, so texting won't go the way of email. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, my email should be attached.

Replied January 2022

Sierra

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Good Program - Has some Glitches

PROS

Mostly easy to use, occasionally the webpage will flash that there is a new message when there is not, or vice-versa

CONS

You cannot delete a previous contact if there was any messages involved, which is unfortunate. Pricing is a bit high compared to the competitors due to the fact that both incoming and outgoing messages are charged with Text Request plans.

Reason for choosing Text Request

at the time, thought this was the only one with Zipwhip Migration compatibility.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

Zipwhip was no longer available

Sierra, thank you for leaving us a review. We have some sorting filters that might help you: https://help.textrequest.com/message-filter To help you get the most out of Text Request and all of our features, I recommend reaching out to success at: success@textrequest.com Thank you.

Replied June 2022

Julie

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Can't find the most recent message in the conversations, group texting problematic

I liked Zipwhip better, I have no idea why we changed to you.

PROS

Desktop notifications are helpful, but it needs to be either that or the flashing tab, not both.

CONS

Everything I already mentioned, plus the constant flashing tab on my browser. It's relentless and creates a very stressful and distracting presence on my desktop - it feels like there's someone constantly poking my arm to pay attention to them, and the poking doesn't stop after I do give them my attention. It's constant and wears on me throughout the day, like a flashing red siren light just sitting on your desk all day that you can't turn off. Desktop notifications are enough, stop making the tab flash constantly. It creates psychic distress that nobody needs at work. Oh - and the sounds are horrible, that's the first thing I turned off.

Reasons for switching to Text Request

I have no idea, it wasn't my decision. Yet another "improvement" of things that didn't need improving by management.

Hello Julie, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a reveiw. So sorry our notifications aren't what you'd like. In regards to why you switched from Zipwhip, they are closing their doors at the end of this year, and we are recommended (by them) as a replacement. Please feel free to contact us so we can handle any issues you are experiencing.

Replied April 2022

Banking, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2021

Text Request was a gamechanger.

Easy. There are few things in business that are just easy. It was easy to install, use, learn, and for our members to use. It is a great tool that we use EVERYDAY. It helps us build and maintain our relationships with our members.

PROS

We use this to communicate with our members right were they are in a way that they are comfortable with. We have found new and creative ways to use the ability to text our members to provide fast and easy service. From day one, all of our users were using the system daily! Our members are surprised that we have the ability and THEY LOVE IT! We don't want to do business anymore without this ability. Text request made it easy for us to get started and training was simple and easy.

CONS

We do get a junk text from time to time. Maybe 4-5 per month. It is not a deal breaker, just ignore and move on.

Reason for choosing Text Request

price, functions, and ease of use.

Hello Mark, Thank you so much for your honest and detailed review. It really odes help us. IF you need any help with TR, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Replied October 2021