Browse Viber Reviews

Maaz from Comsats University Islamabad

Viber

I love Viber for the fact that it was the first software that I used for chatting, photo sharing and making international calls to my relatives with viber, back then when calls especially international ones were very costly.

Pros

Viber is among the pioneers of chatting and audio & video calling softwares. It has a very simple yet pleasnet user interface. You can easily send text messages, photos, videos and files to your contacts using it. Apart from chatting you can also make audio and video calls to your contacts. Using paid credit in viber allows you to make VOIP calls to landline and mobile users anywhere in the world. It works equally well on all smartphone and computer systems.

Cons

I personally do not see any shortcomings in viber. Yet it somehow lost its pace and place in market to its competitors like whatsApp, either by not evolving aptly or due to poor marketing, which is evident to its now relatively smaller userbase.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Though I still use Viber, I had to shift to WhatsApp because a lot of my contacts were WhatsApp in comparison to viber.

Masdiana from OCBC Bank

My experience with viber in business settings

Overall, Viber is an excellent forum for simple chatting. While it has some limitations, it is incredibly user-friendly. As far as I'm concerned, Viber is now one of the best options for chatting. I'm delighted to be able to use Viber to communicate with my friends and colleagues and conduct official business.

Pros

Viber is a helpful app for people of all generations. It establishes bonds between friends, family, and individuals. Viber allows you to share files, videos, and photographs in addition to messaging and calling. It facilitates the exchange of ideas and improves communication. People consider Viber to be a sharing app because sharing photos doesn't diminish the quality. It is beneficial for teachers, leaders, colleagues, and family to interact with a significant number of people by forming groups—Viber aids in the maintenance of tight bonds. Feelings can be expressed with the aid of stickers and emojis. Viber has several features that can help people communicate more effectively. It is simple to work using a cell phone number.

Cons

Viber has many benefits, but it also has several drawbacks. The file-sharing restriction. It can be hard to access upgraded Viber on some mobile devices. Getting old data back after reinstalling Viber is a challenge. Although we can share files, the size of the data we can share is restricted. For Viber's features to work correctly, it needs high-speed internet. Unknown people can often contact you via Viber simply by knowing your phone number. Viber has been updated from an older version, and it is hoped that it will be able to transcend its current shortcomings and continue to improve.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Facebook is not a good choice as communication platform for business.

Viber

Its the essential communication app for business, school or even home.

Pros

Nice user interface, easy to use for communication, you can easily create groups to share file, communicate and interact. can be use for both business and personal.it also have Notes used for reminding your self of the task or event. You have an option to add all of your contact on your phone to your viber.

Cons

Its not universally used. Meaning in other countries preferred other communication app than to use viber. it lacks the social media platform to make it more interacting. no one connects their social media account with their viber account so that they have other option to communicate. posting your viber account in social media means you are showing your personal number to others.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

Although they have similar interface and overall function is basically the same. I preferred to use Viber. i can access my account whether on my Smart Phone or my laptop. it is also easy to setup your account if you decided to buy a new phone or install the software on a new laptop/desktop.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

it is more convenient to use. I like the overall feature and i lot of my contacts use viber.

Sandeep from Khwopa college of engineering

Industry: Computer Networking

Viber for caring and sharing

Viber is my friend for many years and it has helped me in different ways. So viber is still installed in my mobile. I suggest everyone to use viber. Viber has added lots of features during this 7 years and I hope it will develop more friendly features in coming days.

Pros

Viber is a friendly application with lots of useful features. Viber helps for sharing and caring. Viber allows to share photos, videos and files. The quality of videos and photos degrade in less in comparison to other application on my mobile. Viber helps for communication with family, friends , teachers and so on. It helps for official and unofficial interaction. The voice call and video call facility are used in daily basis for various actions. Emoji, gifts helps for sharing emotions and short message. Viber has been useful for me in my different roles like as a friend, students, family member and so on.

Cons

Viber has various features but as a user I would ask for more and more . Especially limitations on sending files must be increase to more capacity. I have used viber for more than 5 years and major problem faced by me is backup. It is difficult to get to old information when we reinstall viber. The backup facility must be develop with advanced features. The person having information of mobile number can call on viber. Nowadays viber has been used for more advertisement by the companies which is annoying at some point.

Ayesh from Morasprit

Industry: Photography

Viber for Photographers.

Overall I like the app.But There are lot of good apps than Viber .But when I need Viber is very helpful and useful app.

Pros

Photography is my part time job.In this job communication with each other is the key factor.As a example the communication between with me and my client is desiding my next work.For that I am using several platforms.Mainly Whatsapp and Facebook Massenger are my main communication apps.But Some of clients are using Viber as their main communication platform.In that time Viber is very helpful to me for keep in contact with my client .Mainly I like the ability to which can take online calls to my client .It is very helpful to save lot of money and time.It is very expensive to take a call to a client which lives in another country .At that time Viber Calls saves me.At like that stuations I feel the true value of the Viber app.My next objective is sharing my works with my client.There for I can know my customer idea of my work and his suggestions.Viber provide me those facilities very simply.I can share photos and files while texting to my customer using Viber.It helps both me and my customer to discuss what we need to do to my works.

Cons

Mainly I do not like the app is lack of users.Most of my clients are using whatsapp or another communication methode.Therefore lot of time I do not use the Viber .The app is lagging or crashed most of the time when I am going to upload lot of photos.At that time I have to upload those photos again and again .Whatsapp providing lot of fetuers and security than the Viber.So It could not able to give a good competition to it opponent mobile application .I do not like the qulity reducing when I going to upload a photo .It is very disturbing me to present my work to my client as I want .And the limited amount of photos which can upload in onece is so frustrating to me.Some times I want to send lot of photos to my client so at that time I have to upload twice those photos

Shahila from CIMB

My viber review

Viber has it own pros and contra which still make the software usable for communication purpose. It can be use for calling a landline number and overseas number, but it will cost some money to use it. For 3 years of experience with this software, i really happy with the service.

Pros

Viber is the best for a video call as their video call quality is very good and the audio is very clear. To socially connecting with my team, family and friend is the most important for me and Viber is very good with it. It has many sticker and emojis that i can choose and sent, which will make the conversation more casual.

Cons

Viber public group is too chaotic as members keep on spamming emojis and unrelated information that defy the group objective. There are no system to filtering the spam, especially if the group admin is not active to control the situation. It really give me a negative experience with the public group and never going to join any no more.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Bitrix24 messenger platform is not for casual conversation.

Viber- an excellent competitor among other communication platforms

I am using it to interact with my family members and my friends, besides this, it makes my job easier. I am on a single click now for my office work. I can guide my colleagues with their office issues by using this platform. Texting the solution, voice messages, and video guidelines, everything is being done through Viber. It's an awesome tool to feel better during communication. Bravo.

Pros

I have used some other communications means and finally chose Viber for interacting with my family members and social circle. I did not feel frustrated when I call my friends and family members because of clear audio. It's very cheap source of communication for me to interact my relatives living in different countries. When I was using other platform to communicate with them, we were not comfortable due to bad audio and video reception. Viber resolved this issue and now I can talk to my lovedones without saying them again and again that I am not hearing you clearly. Chatting with friends is made more better by Viber and I always prefer to text my friends during travelling without any issue. I love to send and receive photos of every remeberable moment to my family members and friends. Quality photos can be shared with Viber. It's more better way of interacting globally as compared to other platforms.

Cons

Once my friend complained to me during a conversation that I am not clear to him when I checked my internet connection there was an internet signal interruption which was not Viber's problem. Up to this moment, I did not find anything bad regarding Viber. it's all OK.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Too much delay and distorted texting and audio messages.

Julia from T-Mobile

Viber group management of users

Viber helped me a lot to keep in touch with relatives, friends, colleagues within phone calls and high quality video calls without any payment. Its messenger helped to stay up to date with my closed ones.

Pros

Viber helps me to exchange messages and calls for free, it is convenient and economical, especially if the interlocutor is in another country. It does not require permanent authorization, users who have installed the application are automatically selected and added to the friend list. It provides the ability to create a chat group with up to 100 participants, and receive Push notifications when the application is turned off.

Cons

By the disadvantages of the program, I can attribute the following factors, in order to communicate with the interlocutor, he must necessarily be a user of this application, in case of loss of the SIM card, access to Viber is lost, since authorization occurs through it, the messenger "glitch" happens when it shows about the presence of an unread message, but in fact there is no letter.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

I also used the WhatsApp messenger. If I compare the two, the advantage in the security of private messages, of course, remains with Viber. This is the main reason I am currently using Viber.

Musrah from Celcom Axiata Berhad

Simple and easy to use for a mobile messenger

Pros

Sending a message to my team mates and work colleague is really fast and easy with Viber. The recipient will receive the message in split second without any delay and it really make our communication really smooth. It also can be use for a video call or conference, which is really important when we are working from home(WFH).

Cons

The free version for this software has too many advertisement that keep shown after every few minutes. The premium version will removed the advertisement but that is it. No new feature or tools that comes with the premium version. It makes purchasing the paid version is not too great for me.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

WhatsApp has an issues with customer confidential details and we have put on hold from using it.

The only messaging app that I use

I'm happy with the app, never had second thoughts of using it. Maybe the fact that all my friends and family are on it helps as well.

Pros

It's really easy to use, it's free, has ton of stickers and gifs. As I noticed during the time of use it doesn't need an exceptional internet connection as I have sent and received messages on really poor connection. I really like that they are constantly working on it and improving. I really like the group feature .

Cons

I wouldn't mind to have the level of encryption that Telegram has. I'm aware that Viber uses encryption but am not sure if the level is as high as the one for that last app.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Because nobody from my close friends was using it.

Tenyo from Fontys University of applied sciences

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Viber review

I like Viber because it provides the best overall package of services compared to the competitors.

Pros

I am using Viber because of the quality of the services - both calls and messaging. It has also better security than competitors like WhatsApp, Messenger, etc.

Cons

Something that can be improved is that there are cases when the phone calls are not smooth. Another things is the backup - pictures and videos are sometimes lost and cannot be recovered.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

I switched from WhatsApp mainly because of the poor quality of the phone calls.

ADAM from Cheap Labels Ltd

Good alternative to other communitators

I use group chat as a regular daily chat. I am very happy and satisfied with this communicator.

Pros

Viber uses end-to-end encryption which is safe for me. I can send texts, make calls completely for free. User interface makes this app very easy to use. I like Hi quality videos and good sound quality.

Cons

I couldn't find anything wrong with this app. I found small issues when I changed my mobile number. This may be a bit tricky.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

Viber uses end-to-end encryption what makes this app safe. It's also very easy to use. Most of my clients is on viber.

For simplicity reasons.

Isaac from EYETHESACK FX

Industry: Capital Markets

Viber has outlived its essence!

Used to be an app I could communicate with my buddies, not until all migrated to using other messaging applications, which offer greater satisfaction and doesn't show too many bug and fixes notifications.

Pros

A go to app when I wanted to message my family, friends and customers between 2015 - 2016.

Cons

I stopped using Viber because almost all my relations and customers switch to WhatsApp and Telegram, which has better features and don't lag unlike Viber. Messages delay in times when network is 2G. Features need to improved to be honest.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

I switched in between Viber and WhatsApp, but once the bugs kept coming, I had to totally switch to WhatsApp. I totally stopped using Skype when I encountered Viber. Was easier to communicate with my loved one and offered a platform to engage with my customers.

Maisarah from Digi Telecommunications

Easy to texting with friend

I mainly still use this application because it is free to use it. I also use it to have a video call with my family and the quality of the call is quite satisfying.

Pros

Viber is very impactful in connecting me with my family, friend and work colleague. It is also free to use but not lacks of feature for communication.

Cons

Viber sometimes run really slow in my smartphone and it is really annoying especially when i need to text my colleague quickly.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Viber has a better video call quality compared to Google Meet.

Zahid from Turk Telekomunikasyon A.S.

A fun app for texting

Pros

Free voice and video calls to other users, attachements are funny.

Cons

if you are a tablet user, this app is not for you

Reasons for Switching to Viber

I just wanted to try it, but my other friends don't usually use this app.. I'm back on whatsapp.

Harry from CERATMINA

MAKES CONNECTION WITH THOSE WHO YOU CARE

Like another chatting services, but this is more useful in specific groups or close friends.

Pros

The main idea: Make free calls and SMS are amazing with a specific group (jobmates, teammates, scholar mates, family, etc.) Interface: Simple and stylish (the purple is good) Functions and features: stickers, calls, sms, emoticons, file sharing. All I want, and you need.

Cons

Can run slowly, and it's more annoying than another chatting softwares. Videocalls runs slowly and lagged, and demands a stable internet connection. it's not all "free", because in sometimes can steal your phone credit to send messages or call somebody.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

For a massive chatting and found more clients/friends.

SANDEEP from Khwopa college of engineering

Easy chatting through viber

Overall Viber is really a good platform for chatting in an easy way. Although it has some limitation it's really ease of use . Viber is one of the best application for chatting as far as I m concerned . I am really happy to use Viber for making connection with my friend family and doing official work.

Pros

Viber is an useful application for all generation people. It creates connection between friend,family and people. Viber has the features of sharing files, videos and photos besides other messenging and call . It helps for sharing ideas and for better communication. As sharing photos through viber does not degrade the quality people consider Viber as sharing app. For the students, officials, friends and family it is useful to communicate with large number of people creating groups. Viber helps for maintaing strong bonds. The sticker and emojis helps for expressing feelings. Viber has lots of features to help people for better communication. It can be easily operated through mobile number.

Cons

Though Viber has various advantages it also has some cons. The limitation for sharing files. Sometimes it is difficult to open upgraded Viber in some mobile. Once the Viber is reinstall gaining old data's is a problem. Though we can share files there is limitation for the size of the data that we share. Viber needs good quality internet for proper operation of its features. Sometimes unknown people can contact through viber simply having information of the phone number. Viber is upgraded from from old version and hope it can overcome its present limitations and develop further.

Mirza from Staklo-Med

Viber review (Everything that common user should know)

Viber in my case is mostly used in private and business occasions. Making business deals with other companies and people have been successfully done with this app, which is the main reason why I like it and use it in my daily working routine. Fast sharing of any documents, files and photos is very important to me and that is exactly what this app gives me and allows me to do. I highly recommend it to people who are dealing with any kind of business that requires communication with others!

Pros

So, let's begin, the best thing about Viber is that it is absolutely free to download and use. Free talking, chatting and video calling application! Who doesn't need one, right? It doesn't matter if you are Android, iOS, BlackBerry or Windows user only thing that you need to do is install the app and connect your phone number with Viber app. After that you should get SMS verification code and basically that is it you are registered and free to use the application, for your calls, messages and much more! It is very reliable app for transferring any kind of files, documents, photos (the quality of photo always stays high), videos etc...The quality of video calls is excellent if you comparing it to other similar apps it is definitely great, probably in top 10 apps if you ask me. Group messaging, chatting and group video calls are very fast and responsive without any mixing voices when people talk . One of my favorite thing is that it is really reliable and private app if you ask me, they have really good privacy policy, which is very important thing for most of the people because everyone loves their privacy. They have cool emojis and sticker for all folks out there who love sending them for fun and laughs, you won't be disappointed in their collection I promise! Just like you won't be disappointed in Viber app and all things that is has to offer, try it out and see for yourself, you have nothing to lose only to gain!

Cons

Personally for me the product could always use some updates and everything always can be improved and better, but with Viber their is not much that you can do, so this should be just enough for most of the users. The only thing that could be a little bit improved and better is costumer support which is sometimes not that active and has a slow response. Everything else just fine!

Lourdes Bernadette from American Express

The best messaging App I had ever used

I had used Viber since 2013, and I have seen all the themes, upgrades and changing of viber. It has been my best voice and chat app I used for my friends, clients, and family. It’s is very easy and friendly user. There are changes that I did not like but overall I can still say that it’s been the best app I can recommend to anyone. It’s a very convenient to use Viber out where you can call outside of your country to call cellphone number all over the world, and it’s so cheap comparing to skype or other messaging app.

Pros

The thing I love with Viber is that almost everyone I know is been using this, from the year 2013, until now, we have been using this for our groups, from work, family and friends. I had been loving their new feature where you can create your own sticker, and it can also be available for public use. This app has been most secured app for messaging that I had used, I can compare this to other app I had used, and this is the only app that I downloaded for my computer. I can attest that I’ve used this app for communication for the past year and it’s the most reliable messenger ever. I loved the feature where I can also verify the person in my contacts using this app, and also it made it so easy for the user to change phone number without deleting the old file from your old account.

Cons

I think Viber had deleted their feature where you can download the files from the app and you can send it to your email. The way I can save the file to my email, and it will come to a excel format. It was very convenient before, but now I cannot see that this feature is still available for viber. And another thing I don’t like about Viber is when we use conference call, we cannot see all videos of the participant, unlike Zoom or Facebook. But nevertheless, I been liking the quality of Viber since the year I been using it.

Viber review

It is good, it is easy to use and provides fast and reliable audio\video\messaging service for anyone.

Pros

It provides easy, fast and free way for people all around the world to get in touch, either via messages or call ( audio\video ). Also it is nice to have all sorts of stickers, via which people can spice their chats a bit, therefore making the overall experience even better.

Cons

Sometimes audio quality is really bad during the call, especially when people are calling from different local internet providers ( while internet quality is actually really good at the same time ). Also when people are switching from one phone number to another, sometimes old setup stays with the previous number, which gets sold after some time, so when next users gets accidentally that number, he also gets a lot of messages from some people who he\she personally doesn't know ( and they tend to act like stalkers, because they don't believe that "new" person is using that number now ). Of course, with these kind of issues, users are never getting a help from their mobile operators and they are being sent to Viber Support instead and the whole process takes ages sometimes, when user is trying to make lets say it like that, a new viber account with "old" number. Lastly, sometimes it becomes in general unusable, which is the result of new update which is a "must be" thing to be performed if user wants to use viber without any issues, so getting a message that there is a new update should be implemented. Also same goes for PC version of viber, which sometimes is generally very laggy and has bugs for the update feature ( because I tend sometimes to get 2-3 messages for update during the same week, but startup of the application stays the same - very slow ).

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Because Viber was way better for me in every aspect, when compared to WhatsApp.

Supun from University of Jaffna

Connect with loved ones through VIBER

Everyone who uses social media applications, definitely know about Viber. Most of them have used the application also. Viber is a great tool for communication. Viber became more popular with the introduction of sticker packs to text messaging. It makes more fun when messaging with friends using those stickers. This app is very useful for the people who have their parents, relatives or friends in abroad. We only need an internet connection to call them. Therefore calling over Viber is very cheap and simple. Viber team is frequently checks their application. Therefore bugs will not last for long time. Updates will be release quickly after fixing every minor bug. When considering all these factors, we can see that Viber is very valuable application to connect with loved ones.

Pros

Viber is popular social media application in these days. Most of the smartphone users use this application for their communication purposes. Viber comes with many attractive features. Viber can be used for video calling, voice calling and messaging. Clear voice and videos can be transferred through Viber if you have good network connection. Text messaging through Viber is more interesting because of the large amount of sticker packs available in Viber. I really enjoy this feature when messaging with my friends. Viber can be used in computers and tables also. Also it supports many popular operating systems such as android, iOS and windows.

Cons

I have not seen any considerable issues on Viber yet. I am using this application for three years. There were some bugs in older versions of Viber. But Viber team fixed those issues with updates. Rarely I experience the app is freezing while opening. The user interface of Viber is not much attractive when compared with other popular social media applications. We can send only a limited number of photos in one time. If we have a lot of photos to send, we have to send them in parts. This is a very annoying thing and a waste of time. Other than these small drawbacks, Viber is good application for communication.

Use of viber

Pros

This is a great app and i use it for quite long time. This app allows me to video chat and the voice quality of calls are very clear. i mostly use this app for group chats. I have lots of group chats related to cosmetic side. In those groups there are many people who are interested in cosmetics as me. So i can easily get my products from them while selling them on those groups too. And i like the huge sticker collection in the viber. Viber is the reason i am able to sell my products to the customers. There is another feature i like in this app. That is when i have missed messages in a chat i start off from where i left, then i can scroll down and read the every message i missed. That way i am not mussing any important messeges. So i can be in touch with all of my customers and producers at the same time. I love this app.

Cons

There a some features i don't like in this app too. Onebof them is the adds appear after every video calls. This is irritating me most of the times. And another thing is the limitations of sending photos. The number of photos we can send at once should be increased. Because people like me have lots of pictures to share and can't send them ten times. And it is also better if i can turn off the auto download mode. Otherwise my gallery will be filled with photos i don't want. At last sometimes i didn't get notifications from this app. That way i don't know i have messages until i open the chats. So i am not able to reply fast and it losses my customers interest in me. So i should reply as fast as possible. These are the things i think shold be improved in this app.

Malith Madhawa from Hiel Associates (Pvt) Ltd

Crystal Clear Sound and Video

Well, I daily use Viber to contact my staff instantly. It is economical for a business owner like me to set up a proper communication system through Viber. The important thing is it is not only the phone, but I use it on the desktop and laptop computers as well. In addition, I often do video meetings and conference calls with my staff through Viber. It is easier to handle and manage than conventional projectors and meeting tables. It saves me and my staff travelling time and cost. At last but not least, most of the time, I use Viber to transfer documents and photographs instantly. It is far better than logging into my e-mail account, feeding the password, letting the browser load etc.

Pros

The quality of the sound of the call is amazing. It is perfectly clear and I do not have to beg the caller to repeat what he said again unlike other similar applications. Additionally, it automatically adjust the background noise level (I think, I am not an expert) to crystalize the voice of the caller. It is a really a useful point when you travel around while speaking through Viber. Then again, the video calls, superb quality and it makes you feel that you are really speaking to your partner in the other end face to face. It might depend on the speed of your internet connection and phone, but Viber is far better than other similar apps. No network or application errors and no frequent annoying updates to waste our time. That gives us peace of mind when we use it daily. Finally yet importantly, instant messages, stickers, voice messages and video messages makes your life happy and relaxed with your loved ones.

Cons

Well, the only problem I faced with Viber was that it was not working when I was in Oman. This was mainly because the countries telecommunication authority had blocked Viber according to country's law and to encourage people to use paid telecommunication methods rather than free apps like Viber. Anyway, Viber has nothing to do with it.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Far better than WhatsApp and user friendly

Marcus from UC Berkeley - Financial Aid

VOIP & INT'L Texting Without Extra Hassle

My overall experience with Viber is the app is RELIABLE. I have had Skype and FaceTime fail me while abroad , but Viber has not. It's my go to international communication app.

Pros

Viber is extremely versatile in that it allows you to make free VOIP calls with HD sound quality. Furthermore, it allows you to text any number for free as long as they also have the Viber app. This is extremely useful when working with Clients abroad and you need quick feed back. Send a text, and it pops up just like a normal text on their cellular device. It also has a desktop client so that you can receive your communications without having to move from your workflow.

Cons

The developers do a great job at keeping the app up to date, but when that happens, certain notifications you have turned off are reset and you will begin receiving them again. For instance, I had the holiday notification turned off, a update happened, and I started receiving them again the following month. It can be a tiny bit annoying when you get a message notification and it's nothing important. Other than that, the app is great to use.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

Ease of use within interface.

Reliability

Reasonable VOIP

This is a great service. However there are marketing objectives behind all these free services such as collecting data of users covertly either for commercial purposes or for analyzing security threats by government agencies. Therefore a user need to take precautions while using these services. However the opportunity afforded by these services has enabled families and friends get connected where ever they are as long as wifi or 3G is available, particularly with the video calling feature. Families wouldn’t feel the absence of their loved ones from home due to video calling and businesses too has taken this opportunity to converse with associates in a live scenario.

Pros

when I started to use viber way back in 2012, I believe viber was one of the first VOIP services available for the masses. The app can be dowloaded in a 3G and above phone with either 3G or wifi connectivity. Additionally viber has released the desktop version too with improved features. With viber one can get connected with others who have installed viber as voice or video calls and obviously texting too is available with attachment of emojicons, stickers that are availble in viber store. Video clips or voice messages too can be sent over viber. Group conversations (conference) facility too is available. All these features are available for free and the data consumption too is minimal. Land phone too can be called but with a paid subscription. The encryption facility is available which needs to be selected by the caller. If the phone is synchronized it automatically gathers all your contact list and all new contacts can be saved.

Cons

if all calls communications can be encrypted by default, this system would become more secure. Call blocking facility is unavailable.

Gergana from Education Institution

Industry: Translation and Localization

Viber is great until you actually need something

Viber has been a significant communication channel for my part-time job for the past 4 years. It has never failed me or my colleagues or manager. It has all the basic functionalities we need. What I would like to see is a bit more appreciation of our personal space and thus more and easier ways to keep it all clean from unwanted communication.

Pros

There are three main things I like about Viber. First, it works smoothly. It has never lagged, even when I have been using a dated device. Conversations and images all load in a speedy manner. This makes me feel I am not wasting any time. The second thing I like are the personalization features. I like picking different backgrounds for different conversations because this helps me to differentiate between chats visually, minimizing any potential mistakes. Also, I am generally one of those users who never stick to default settings, so Viber feels comfortable to me. The final thing is the fact that you can edit your messages. This allows me to take care of typos and (most often) wrong emoji I have clicked and sent. This does help with clearing misunderstandings, stemming from controversial context.

Cons

I am absolutely frustrated by how difficult it is to find particular features. Even if you try to Google the issue, there is often no info on the subject. Here, I am talking about basic features, such as taking people off group chats or deleting a conversation. It takes forever to browse for such a simple action, which is a waste of time I simply cannot justify. The other thing I do not appreciate is how easy it is to make a mistake. This app never asks if you are certain about particular actions, which seem to easy to undertake. An example would be adding users to a group chat. This turned out to be too easy to do by mistake (I was literally holding my phone in my hand and not looking at it, et voila). This is not something which does not need a check and it definitely facilitates security breaches.

Md from ZI GLOBAL SOURCING

Viber is the unique free community Software in the Market.

To me Viber is the best Platform for messaging, photo sharing & making international calls , where I can interact with my customers, friends & colleagues easily.

Pros

I use this, because it has end-to-end encryption, So that I can keep my security safe and I think this is the best app for security. Moreover, such a large type of internet is not required. We can talk to the family in a beautiful way because the audio and video quality is very good. Especially when I am talking internationally by spending 0 money, it is very helpful. The best feature about Viber its chatting is very responsive and reliable. To make conversation more friendly & casual it has many sticker & emojis

Cons

I find Viber auto media file save function a little inconvenient. the limited amount of photos which can upload in once is so frustrating to me. Sometimes I want to send lot of photos to my client so at that time I have to upload twice those photos .There is no system of filtering in the spam. Your personal number is open to others when you share your Viber account in social media platform

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Its a friendly user. Overall features are very attractive & useful. And most of my contact number are using Viber .

Uros from Rise Studio

Viber is...Eh, Viber is cool, not much more.

The software that was installed as a secondary one quickly became the primary one, but today I use it alongside several other communication software. With its fancy interface it certainly stands out from the crowd, and the dominance in innovation is clearly highlighted, so today I use Viber primarily to communicate with business friends and colleagues

Pros

First of all, talk about software such as this one should not be wasted. Certainly one of the most well-known communication software. From the distinctive bell to the famous purple design, this software dominates the market today. Of course, the advantage of using it is that Viber tends to be the first in everything. Starting with group chat, secret chats, plenty of emojis and gifs over security in encrypted messages

Cons

I will admit, quite a lot. First of all, from its first appearance to the present, Viber has literally been wasting the resources of the device it is installed on. For some strange reason, although I believe it has been optimized, the phone, no matter how valuable it is in front of this software, becomes weak.

Suhailah from 7-Eleven Malaysia

Good with video call

This application is very light and not burdening my phone RAM and storage. Having a video call with my families is very easy by only a single click on the phone. Overall, this messenger application is very decent and can connect user quickly.

Pros

I really like with Viber minimalist and clean interface which really helping when i am trying to find and use the tools in this application. It has many public groups that i can join that match with my interest and making friend there. The video call quality of this application is one of the best and i can have a very high quality video display.

Cons

There is no filter for spam in the public group and end-up keep popping notification in my phone. It is a nuisance and i had to leave the group to avoid the spam messenger. A new feature to filtering the spam messenger will help a lot in for me.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Viber communication hub is more flexible and offering a higher quality.

Nabin from Curl Labs

Best instant messaging, voice and video call service

Pros

Viber is really fast, smooth, clean and elegant communication tool for business and individuals. It has an easy to use interface, beautiful sets of emojis, all your contacts list, smart birthday messaging and Viber out call service. With all these rich features, Viber has been the most effective communication tool for our business. Experience the seamless communication with Viber.

Cons

Viber is coming really great all these years. I expect some AI features in Viber in coming years.

Poor communication than in Viber

Gayathri from University of Sri Jayawardenapura

Attractive interface for coommunication

I use viber daily for communicating with friend and family. I am also part of public viber groups because I find them interesting.

Pros

I find Viber interface very attractive and user friendly.It can be used for instant messaging ,audio calls as well as video calls.It has an interesting set of stickers for instant messaging.It also allows you to make private group chats.In group chat one can like someone's reply.This also gives access to public groups of your interest.Any kind of document such as pdfs also can be send and received.For the communication through Viber one doesn't need to pay additional charge to the telecommunication companies.This is a software used world wide.Therefore can be used for communication all over the world with a stable internet connection.The sound quality of Viber calls are also fine. Viber integrates with your phone contact list and helps to communicate effectively.It also maintains your call history.It also provide the facility to only view the media such as pictures shared in a chat. It also has a feature to reply to messages without opening the app.

Cons

Anyone with your number having the Viber can access you through Viber.One should definitely have a wifi connection or 3G connection to use this software.It has low quality with weak internet connection.Both you and the person you want to communicate should have the app for Viber communication.If you change your number you have to re-register with Viber.

chamika from University of Moratuwa

Pros and Cons of Viber

I have used Viber for about more than 1 years. The interface and the stickers kept me using the app. But the app is somewhat slower than other chatting apps. So I switched to another social media.

Pros

Viber is a very popular social media that provides many facilities. We can share many digital things via Viber such as images, video audio, location and other digital documents. There are attractive stickers and emojis. When we are sending images, we can add captions to it, and we can edit the photo. The call quality is clearer compare to normal voice calls. When we receive a message, we can reply to it even not opening the app. (There is a full screen notification when we receive a message. As we can we groups, we can use them for various stuffs, such as education, entertainment etc. There is a user-friendly UI. personally, I love purple color.

Cons

As the app proves so many features, It becomes little bit complex and slower. It consumes a huge amount of data compared to the service supplied. It does not have any option for call blocking. No internet, No connection.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

User friendliness and speed of other software drives me to switch from Viber

Sarah from Evensix™

I like the emojis of Viber, they are so cute.

Viber is good for expressing the moods and the emotions while chatiing with other people especially with your close friends since emoji sets are so informal and cute however Viber is not good for voice and video calls.

Pros

Viber's emoji set is definitely the most original and funny emojis set among all chat applications. I like to express my extreme feelings to the peson I am talking with great looking emojis of Viber. Also stickers are very attractive and there are a lot of sticker options that reflects my different moods.

Cons

I am not happy with the video call and voice quality of Viber. Although it is really extremely good for texting when it comes to calls Viber is not the best option. Also it drains my battery so fast during the video calls, I need to look for plug every time when I start a video call which makes my life really harder.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Emojis and stickers of Viber is way too better and most of my friends do not use Telegram, they use Viber.

Supun from Infor

Viber for free calls and messages!

I am a purple lover. So, only by looking at the interface of viber it captivates me. I have the viber version 11. 2. 0. I usually use this to communicate with my family members who lives Italy, Dubai, America and Australia. Because any time any where we can connect through voice or vedio call. Not only me but also my cousins are prefer to connect with viber. With the quality of the voice I feel they are always near to me.

Pros

Very firstly viber has the most attractive interface with the most attractive background wall papers than the other similar apps. It provides vedio or voice calls and massages for free from anywhere in the world to another viber user in anywhere. Viber has the most attractive and colorful sticker packs I have ever seen. Specially it facilitates to edit a send messages. By using viber we can make our own chats. There the amazing thing is one can like someone's message. It allows the sharing and receiving of photos, any kind of document and locations. I have experienced two best things by using viber. One is there is no frequent updates like other apps. Another one is by using the viber settings we can stop the auto downloarding of received photos and etc. Actually it avoids the filling of internal storage purposelessly.

Cons

The one and only problem I have experienced with the viber is limitation of sending photos. It allows only 10 photos to send at once. So, it is better if that limitation can be increased.

Emon from ICT Solution Point

" Viber - A popular messaging software. "

Viber is safe and secure. Best option for international calls. I am a big fan of their unique colorful emojis.

Pros

Viber has super easy user interface. You can use viber both in your PC and mobile devices. Viber users can communicate each other through messaging or audio/video calling. Viber emojis and stikers are too awesome . It makes my chat experience more enjoyable and colorful. Viber user can easily join large group or community and share each others fellings, midea, files. Viber provides My note features, it is so useful. Here you can save your important notes, to do work list, important chats and you can set a reminder for any notes.

Cons

There are some issues with video calling and voice quality. It's a online application, so you must have net connection for using viber. in come country viber is not so popular and another drawback is mobile and landline call rate packs are little expensive.

Enxhi from Wearefiber

Quality video calls for free

We use it since at least 2 years to communicate and see each other when family members lives abroad, but sometimes we also use it at work for standups, when someone is working from home.

Pros

Free messaging app and video calls have great quality overall, at least compared to other messaging apps. The simplicity and ease of use made it a great app for my grandfather, who often use it to call his nephews and family when they are abroad.

Cons

Sometimes you endup in group chats that you don't know why and how it happens, I always find myself cleaning up the viber chat groups of my mother who without her knowing she endups in group of people that she doesn't know. Sometimes are spam group chats.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

the ease of use and simplicity that made it easy for older family members to get used to it

The video call quality

Very popular messaging system in South-East Europe

Communication with people from South-East Europe is easily solved with this app.

Pros

It is convenient, very intuitive and simple Over the Top Cross Platform Application. You can install it on several devices and they can work simultaneously. In new era of different messaging systems, this one is particularly interesting in South-East Europe region where almost everyone is using it. So, if you want to communicate with people in that area, this is the right app. Moreover, end to end encryption with auto destroy function make it really interesting for secret chats.

Cons

This app does not have web interface. In comparison with other messengers, it would be great if there would be a web messaging interface. Application is not really lightweight, too, and on older phones it does work slow and bulky.

Reasons for Choosing Viber

Viber has bigger number of users in specific area. Years ago, Viber also had voice chat while WhatsApp didn't.

Caleb from Transparent BPO

Viber - One of the best FREE calling and messaging app

I have over 2 years experience using the software and totally love it to the max. Who said that free apps can't be this exciting and pleasing to the touch. I am super pleased with the overall user experience, design, features and functionality.

Pros

Viber is one of the best and FREE cross-platform voIP and IM software on the market and is highly favorable by many. you get a ton load of features packed into the little app which makes a huge impact on your overall life style. Based on your bandwidth allocation, you can experience crisp and clear video calls and or voice calls anywhere you have cell phone service. This is an awesome little application with many customizable options to make you feel complete and can also reflect your personality with its' emojis, background images etc. Please see a small list of options below: * You can share images of awesome moments. * Videos of life changing and unforgettable experiences. * Send short, sweet little voice clips and or video clips rather than typing a message. * Download a variety of stickers from the market to express you feelings with quick little tap and send. * Snap and send. * Doodle and send. * You have the ability to download the desktop version and use without the need of connecting your device to the internet, making communication super easy and enjoyable.

Cons

I don't have any cons at the moment about the application.

Luka from UCL

Industry: Research

Great quality calls and a creative instant-messaging platform

I am communicating with my family and friends using Viber every day. I like how easy it is to use, and that I can use a wide range of fantastic stickers to enrich my conversations with the people I care about.

Pros

Viber offers a wide range of communication features, such as instant-messaging, sending pictures and video, as well as offering landline calls at very affordable prices. I love the sticker market that is constantly updated to make your conversations richer and more creative. The stickers really look great and are the best among all other apps of similar purpose. The dark theme that arrived with recent updates is a plus too, I use it a lot and it looks great. Viber always keeps up with the latest trends. It also offers a high level of security to its users. You can customize your online appearance by deciding on whether you want to share your online and seen status, showing your photo, etc. You can also hide chats and have secret ones with your selected contacts to keep things private.

Cons

A downside is that the Viber Out is not available in all countries, limiting the number of potential users and having access to cheap landline and international calls. Other than that, I can't really point out any downsides of using this app. Maybe a smaller number of users of Viber, compared to its competitors kind of limits its potential, but that is really all.

Suzannah from Digi Telecommunications

Good messenger to connect with colleague and friends

I have a very positive and comfortable experience for almost 3 years using this application. Its quick messenger help me to connect quickly with my friend and colleague quickly and constantly and the best things is, it is free to use.

Pros

Viber is easy to install and can be use on mobile and from my tablet. Sending a text messenger is very quick and no delayed for the recipient to receive it on a real-time. Other than text messenger, Viber also can be use to sharing media content like photo and video for free and no limitation.

Cons

There are too much pop-up advertisement that comes with this application. It is very annoying as they keep showing up every 10-15 minute. There are no option to remove the advertisement from keep showing in the application.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

Telegram did not have feature for a video call and that the main point for the switch.

Review for Viber

Viber is a communication tool for smartphones and desktop operating systems that provide instant messaging and voice calls over 3G or Wi-Fi networks. The application works on all platforms and can be used from desktop computers. You do not need to register for use. Your phone number is being accepted.

Pros

It allows users to send pictures, video and audio messages to each other, as well as text messages. The program supports a large number of mobile operating systems (Android, iOS, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Symbian, Bada) and desktop operating systems (Windows, Mac OS X, Linux). Also, customers can create groups until 200 members.

Cons

If you don't have a Wi-fi connection, you are not able to use Viber. In my opinion, this is my most disliked feature. But as I said, at the moment generally I like Viber and still, I will continue use.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

The first time, I used WhatsApp for 3 years, but actually wanted to try new applications. That's why I began to use Viber. Nowadays I am pleased to use Viber. I think the competition between applications is good.

Kevin from Chrysler

A great way to remain social for free!

I also love the sticker packs that you can use to express your emotions in any situation. It makes your experience more fun and lively! Sometimes there are some things that you want to say or express that words can not quite do the job and that is where the stickers come in handy! All you have to do is go to the sticker store and download your favorite pack and then you can use them at your leisure! Overall, I was very able to stumble upon Viber almost four years ago and I will continue to recommend it to anyone who does not have Facetime or Skype, or feels that those programs are not the greatest, as I agree. Viber is where it is at!

Pros

Viber is a wonderful app that I find far superior to Skype and is a great alternative for me to Facetime, considering I own an Android phone and not an Iphone. Not only does it allow you to make video calls to any other Viber user for free, it also allows you to text them free of charge as well! It is a great way to remain socially connected to friends and family without putting a huge dent in your pocketbook. I have never been a fan of the Iphone which is why I wanted to find something that I could use to make video calls that was as good as, if not better than, Facetime. I have seen my sister in law use Facetime and watch it cut out numerous times and thankfully that has never happened to me using Viber. I also do not want to forget to mention the crystal clear sound and video I have experienced! It is what has impressed me the most about Viber!

Cons

Sometimes you get notifications that you have previously disabled in the past but that is nothing major and definitely nothing that is going to stop me from using this excellent App. Other than that I feel like it is a great software/app and I would highly suggest it to anyone!

Video Calls for Free

In general, I like using viber as I can keep track of conversations and I can call abroad to other people who have Viber without paying for a call. You cannot do conference calling. It is one-to-one.

Pros

I have been using Viber for about 10 years and it keeps improving its user experience and features. Video calls and calls in general are not the most reliable but it depends on the time when you call. They offer features such as location sending, images and video sending as well as fun activities such as sending hand drawn images and gifs.

Cons

Reliability of the software when it comes to video calls. Sometimes I have 45 min uninterrupted conversation and sometimes, it cannot last for more than a few minutes. Also, one time, a message that was supposed to be sent to one person, was sent to multiple people ( it was a glitch). I can't imagine if it was a confidential thing.

Non-mainstream but has potential to be

satisfactory. most of the time serve the basic needs.

Pros

intuitive user interface, good features and support many mobile needs of modern users. easy installation. easy transfer between mobile devices.

Cons

not stable for mobile connection. voice or video is fine if use alone, but video and voice together is not. ambience noise is too loud

Reasons for Choosing Viber

also consider similar product by tencents

Tigran from Acba Credit Agricole Bank

Review for Viber

I have very positive overall experience. Viber is a great messenger, with many interesting features. It allows me to create groups, where I can communicate with my colleagues and friends. Also the emojis in Viber are really cool. It has some minor disadvantages, but it very wildly used and I like this app.

Pros

First it is available in both IOS and Android platforms, so if you switch from IOS to Android(or vice versa) you would not use your Viber account. Second the interface is very easy to use and it is very easy for you to navigate there. Third you also use it on your laptop(just scan QR code) and you can use your Viber in laptop. It is especially great if you want to have video call with someone(it would provide better video and audio). Also you can see the status of your message, which is not available for some messengers. Last but not least you can create group chats and communicate with friends there, as Viber is a worldwide used app.

Cons

There is no availability to search for text inside conversation(sometimes you might need to find specific massages, and the lack of this feature make it difficult to find the message). Also if you get photos and videos from Viber, it will automatically save this media in your phone's gallery. This is quite disgusting for me as the internal free storage decreases drastically over time.

subekchaya from Padma kanya multiple campus

Viber for sharing

The overall experience with viber is good. Viber is found to be useful and helpful application. Viber has helped to improve relation with friends as well as family. Viber is useful for while working on group projects. Viber has been helpful for me which inspire me to suggest my friends to use viber for better communication. Though viber have some features which is not liked by me but the advantages of viber has made my experience fruitful.

Pros

Viber is the app used for sharing ideas, files, photos, videos among friends, family and other people. The best feature that i noticed while using viber is we can sent photos having high quality at one click. Viber is also effective for sharing study materials among classmate. Viber has many strickers, emoji's which makes conversation more interesting.The video call facility has helps to connect among family and friends. The features of forming groups has help to save time for communication as we can connect with group of people at once.

Cons

The limitations while sharing on viber is the thing i donot like about the app. There is viber out option and unkownly clicking that cost for user. Anyone with the phone number can call on viber. When there is weak network viber doesnot work properly.The frame is small for profile picture in viber so sometimes it is not possible to keep the profile picture as our wished.

Ajdin from John Deere

Industry: Industrial Automation

One of the best International Messengers but not easy to use for beginners.

The overall experience with Viber was actually pretty great! I used it and still use it once in a while with my friends and sometimes business. I enjoy the functionality of Viber and all the Gifs and Emojis that come with it. I would highly recommend the product to anyone!

Pros

The most I liked about the software is that I can communicate with my family over the seas for free if they have Viber. As most people know International calling and texting can be very expensive especially calling, well Viber is free If the other party has the same product. Also, Viber has a feature that many other messengers don't have and that is the ability to call landlines and mobile phones, for a fee of course but it is nice to have if you wish to use that feature. One last thing I would like to add and that is that Vibe has more functionalities than most of other messengers such as WhatsApp for example. Some of the examples of those features are group chats, Communities, and Broadcast lists. So yes they have a wider range of features and functionalities.

Cons

Ther are two cons I would like to mention about Viber. Due to all the functionalities that Viber has, it is also tougher to use for beginners and it is not fun because i used it for a long time. The other con is that comparing to WhatsApp's community it is much lower. So, for example, the reason why I switched from Viber to WhatsApp is due to the fact that many of my friends and family used WhatsApp. Don't get me wrong I still go back and use Viber with friends that still use Viber however I use more WhatsApp. Overall Viber is a better product then all of the messengers out there.

Iqra from Jublee life Insurance

Viber - Probelm Solving for business and personal communication

Good Experience and found it problem solving application for many aspects.

Pros

Viber has a lots of features for business and personal concerned. I can share messages, pictures, videos and files to my friends, colleagues and can also do a voice and video hassle free calls without distortion, also have group chat and communities options are socially valuable. I can use it on mobile as well computer easily to interact all over the world where u need to talk your friends relatives and business purposes. i like using it whenever i need to talk.

Cons

Ads are playing in application its annoying me during using application. less number of users on this application that's why have to switch another messenger for interacting them. More features should be introduced in this application.

Postas from Postas pescada

Viber, a cheap alternative way to do work distance

During pandemic times I started using more often viber as worked more from home and this platform allowed me to be always in touch with people that hire me, share documents, pictures and videos instantaneously and getting feedback on what to improve could that be the case. overall a great experience and with the plus of communicating for free with people that are in many different countries.

Pros

Viber its a fantastic tool to work with as allows me to be always in communication with companies that hire my services. allows to send voice, text or video messages as well as sharing pictures, files etc. and if you have access to internet you can do voice calls or video calls for free, how awesome is that! also its very easy to learn how to use it and if i would have a company this would be definitely a tool to implement as doesn't require a lot of time training people to communicate through this app.

Cons

as a whole, viver its very good tool, can't fault it as it does a fantastic job when completing the tasks that I am required to do however I had some friends telling me that had some difficulties with group calls, something that I didn't experience yet.

Reasons for Switching to Viber

because it allowed me to be more effective, to have better results and also with the constant communication with the companies hiring me, allowed me to make faster changes in what was wrong and still deliver the jobs on time and according to companies requests.

A free alternative for team communication

Great free tool for instant communication within your team. But set up some rules/guidelines or it can get chaotic! :)

Pros

It's free and has many great functions that can improve your team's communication. You can create groups and send instant messages, send files, search within your chat history etc. It has a desktop version as well. Overall a solid alternative.

Cons

The translations in the Hungarian version are incorrect and/or misleading in some places. There is no option to delete messages with a timer. Also, team communication can be a bit chaotic if you have too many groups (but this is not the software's fault). One option we'd really need and don't have in Viber is to have chat permissions for group members, eg. to have certain groups where only the admin can send messages.

Displaying 1 - 50 of 1,786 reviews