All Viber Reviews

Amazing communication application

Olabisi

Supermarkets, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

A crucial communication and marketing tools for both start ups and standard organization

Our organization have had a substantial growth with the use of Viber as our messaging app, it has saved us time and money getting information out to our team members and our community, it has brought us more closer to our customers and helped maintain and improved our product and services without incurring money on advertisement and gaining more customers.

PROS

Viber has offered us a seemless service in areas of communication through chatting, video calling and sharing documents and details to our teams, communities and partners and has helped us create a good relationship with everyone and knowing their demands has thereby helped our organization grow in a substantial way, it's ease of use and navigation, remote access and safe environment where communication security is assured.

CONS

Over the last year, Viber has maintained its integrity to give its customers the best of communication experience so far, every needed functions for communicating is embedded and nothing to dislike yet .

Reasons for switching to Viber

Viber offered a more professional tools needed by our organization, it has helped us manager our customers data and community needs, knowing what every individual needed and easily cross-referencing later to improve our products.

Ani

Telecommunications, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Is Viber good for Business Communication?

Overall, I am satisified with Viber. No need to spend money sending messages or calling clients/partners residing abroad. International calls are rather costy, Viber solves this problem.

PROS

Viber is rather user-friendly, does not require frequent updates and expenses. Provides effective internal and external communication. File sending function is of great importance, you can share different formatted files, including PDFs, word documents, high definition JPGs which is helpful for a fast file sharing. Emojis are cool in the written communication where you do not hear the voice and tone of the speaker, they express the emotions easily. You do not necessarily have to use the app on your cell phone, you can install it on your PC or laptop as well.

CONS

The quality of video connection during the video calls is not the best. Definitely, it has a need to improve. When you are in a video call and get another notification on your phone, the video will disconnect causing a lot of inconvenience. When you send a photo and decide to delete it from your device, the recipient will no longer have access to it as well.

Reasons for switching to Viber

Personally, I think Viber is more user-friendly than What's app.

Soe Min

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

The best and easy to use Chat App

PROS

Groups are the very easy to create and effective to communicate with colleagues and customers in each project. Ability to transfer calls from mobile phone to PC or PC to mobile phone is a quite fantastic feature. Last but not least, My Notes is a very useful feature to transfer some of your data such as pictures, documents and videos from my mobile phone to PC (vice versa).

CONS

Although all of the features are free and useful, some Ads are annoying. And media and files that we sent can only be accessed within some sort of time period.

Stasha

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2021

After Skype, this was good but now it's the same unstable service

It can be a good chit-chat option if you want to communicate with someone, especially if that person is not in the same country as you are. It's cost-free. Not for crucially sharing information.

PROS

I am using it as a free line for private meetings and video chats. Most of the time I use only chat (typing) for fast connection with family. The messenger is good and has all the possibilities to express yourself. I like the option when I use default emoji to be promoted to use proper stickers instead (for free). Stickers base is constantly upgraded and there is something for everybody's taste for creative and fast chat messages.

CONS

Suddenly, without obvious reason, the app stops to inform me about received messages and give me missed call notifications instead of a ring. The application is unreliable for the mentioned reason because it is easy to miss an important message or call.

Reason for choosing Viber

Many of my friends and family use Viber.

Reasons for switching to Viber

Over time, the Skype application became overloaded and it was impossible to make a call. Everything took place with frequent interruptions and frustration. Now Viber is the same story. I believe that Skype is now a better option in comparison. It seems to me that Viber struggling to offer a good service. Still, it's not reliable.

Marouane

Airlines/Aviation, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2023

Viper lover

I like and I enjoy while I’m on call of my colleagues

PROS

Fast and easy you can enjoy calling your colleagues

CONS

Video call and the way how to send the files

Reason for choosing Viber

Because it’s fast application and have a lot of new service

Isaac

Capital Markets, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Viber has outlived its essence!

Used to be an app I could communicate with my buddies, not until all migrated to using other messaging applications, which offer greater satisfaction and doesn't show too many bug and fixes notifications.

PROS

A go to app when I wanted to message my family, friends and customers between 2015 - 2016.

CONS

I stopped using Viber because almost all my relations and customers switch to WhatsApp and Telegram, which has better features and don't lag unlike Viber. Messages delay in times when network is 2G. Features need to improved to be honest.

Reasons for switching to Viber

I switched in between Viber and WhatsApp, but once the bugs kept coming, I had to totally switch to WhatsApp. I totally stopped using Skype when I encountered Viber. Was easier to communicate with my loved one and offered a platform to engage with my customers.

Naing Lin

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Viber application is very useful in our life

I have 10 experience with viber for social and business.

PROS

Viber application is very useful in our life and Viber is renowned for its exceptional voice and video calling features, delivering crystal-clear audio and seamless video streaming, even in areas with slower internet connections.

CONS

Viber might utilize a notable portion of device resources, including memory and storage space, especially on older or less robust devices.

Sally

Telecommunications, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to use, very effective app

I’ve been using Viber about 10 years. I love how easy to use it and connects people all over the world for free. Great app for communication . Love stickers, design and sounds. It is part of me and I recommend Viber for all my friends

PROS

Available, affordable, free, effective. Wonderful video chat quality.

CONS

Not many people use it and know about Viber

REYNALYN

Business Supplies and Equipment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

My experience with Viber

Good alternatives for communication and messaging. Moreover, it is a better app for the company and businesses with a low-cost rate of calls.

PROS

Engaging new features and easy-to-use apps for messaging and communication with work-related.

CONS

Barely used it with my family and friends despite its good messaging features.

Thu Htoo

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Daily Use

This app is easy to communicate each other easily add friend. Connect more quickly each other.

PROS

Finding friend what I only know phone number and easily send photo and video and some kind of files.

CONS

I can't send video over 50mb and video call quality is not clear when connection good.

10,000+ employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed April 2021

Viber- an excellent competitor among other communication platforms

I am using it to interact with my family members and my friends, besides this, it makes my job easier. I am on a single click now for my office work. I can guide my colleagues with their office issues by using this platform. Texting the solution, voice messages, and video guidelines, everything is being done through Viber. It's an awesome tool to feel better during communication. Bravo.

PROS

I have used some other communications means and finally chose Viber for interacting with my family members and social circle. I did not feel frustrated when I call my friends and family members because of clear audio. It's very cheap source of communication for me to interact my relatives living in different countries. When I was using other platform to communicate with them, we were not comfortable due to bad audio and video reception. Viber resolved this issue and now I can talk to my lovedones without saying them again and again that I am not hearing you clearly. Chatting with friends is made more better by Viber and I always prefer to text my friends during travelling without any issue. I love to send and receive photos of every remeberable moment to my family members and friends. Quality photos can be shared with Viber. It's more better way of interacting globally as compared to other platforms.

CONS

Once my friend complained to me during a conversation that I am not clear to him when I checked my internet connection there was an internet signal interruption which was not Viber's problem. Up to this moment, I did not find anything bad regarding Viber. it's all OK.

Reasons for switching to Viber

Too much delay and distorted texting and audio messages.

Pagona

Translation and Localization, 1 employee

My Viber

It's important to have tools that do facilitate you and not freeze on you or stuff like that, that I've experienced with other messenger applications. Most of my calls are made via Viber nowdays and I've even been in contact with doctors, teachers of my children and customers from all over the globe. I even erased the application at one time, when I bought a new phone, and after downloading it and requesting the back up history, I had everything on my new phone.

PROS

I've used Viber during the pandemic to communicate with loved ones and business partners alike, in so many and easy ways that I've completely replaced my main line and e-mail communication with it. It's a big communications operation room, where I have everyone of importance at the tip of my finger (or my mouse), making my life so much easier and my schedule stress free.

CONS

The only times I had a problem was when I used the computer version and my internet provider had problems of their own, since Viber can be used with an internet connection only. But even then, my smartphone saved the day. I used very few data and completed my task.

Reasons for switching to Viber

There are some glitches on telegram that really made it annoying for me to use it. Even the fact that I cannot erase a profile from my contact list, even when I erased their phone number, was a huge huge deal breaker for me. I like a clean cut outlook. Also, the facebook messenger has always some kind of problem... Not to be trusted at all.

Lougene

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Best way to communicate within your organization!

I am still using Viber, both personal and professional. I can definitely reach those people I need access to with Viber. I also recommend this app to those who are looking for a secure, user-friendly, and free messaging app.

PROS

I like the fact that Viber is free so anyone with an Android or iOS device can download it. I have been to companies that utilize this app so I trust that Viber can handle the major messaging functionalities I am always looking for. I can also install Viber in desktop so syncing messages from my phone to my laptop is so seamless. I definitely recommend Viber to be a messaging/communication app in your corporation.

CONS

Viber frequently releases its update to expect that it will prompt you for an app update, both in phone and in desktop. However, you can still use it as-is even if there are update requests -- it is just kind of annoying to see those information popup from time to time.

Reasons for switching to Viber

More of my friends and colleagues use Viber than WhatsApp and Telegram -- though both are also great alternatives!

Tolu

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2021

Just Another Messaging App

I joined Viber as an alternative to WhatsApp but I still find myself going back to WhatsApp simply because it is not widely accepted hence limiting its usage. I like that you can make free video calls on the platform and do video conferencing with other users. Viber is quite very heavy and can easily take up a lot of space on your phone if you do not monitor your gallery. As with any other messaging app, it is great for easy chat communications, the stickers can make it a whole lot more fun.

PROS

Excellent free video calls with people on the viber platform Great for instant chat messages, also supports group chats Share any type of file you have with friends, colleagues or family Lots of emojis and stickers Works fine on pc Simple and fast registration with just your phone number and also very easy to use. You don't need any long tutorials to understand how to go about using the viper app whether on mobile or pc.

CONS

Not a popular platform in my country. So its always hard to get people to join Quite heavy to install when compared to WhatsApp

Reasons for switching to Viber

Just trying out different chat messaging platforms

Reviewed July 2019

Reasonable VOIP

This is a great service. However there are marketing objectives behind all these free services such as collecting data of users covertly either for commercial purposes or for analyzing security threats by government agencies. Therefore a user need to take precautions while using these services. However the opportunity afforded by these services has enabled families and friends get connected where ever they are as long as wifi or 3G is available, particularly with the video calling feature. Families wouldn’t feel the absence of their loved ones from home due to video calling and businesses too has taken this opportunity to converse with associates in a live scenario.

PROS

when I started to use viber way back in 2012, I believe viber was one of the first VOIP services available for the masses. The app can be dowloaded in a 3G and above phone with either 3G or wifi connectivity. Additionally viber has released the desktop version too with improved features. With viber one can get connected with others who have installed viber as voice or video calls and obviously texting too is available with attachment of emojicons, stickers that are availble in viber store. Video clips or voice messages too can be sent over viber. Group conversations (conference) facility too is available. All these features are available for free and the data consumption too is minimal. Land phone too can be called but with a paid subscription. The encryption facility is available which needs to be selected by the caller. If the phone is synchronized it automatically gathers all your contact list and all new contacts can be saved.

CONS

if all calls communications can be encrypted by default, this system would become more secure. Call blocking facility is unavailable.

Mario Humberto

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed June 2022

Otima solução de midia para empresas e clientes feedbacks, grupos de trabalho e funil de vendas

muito boa, facil de usar, sempre que viajo ativo a ferramenta no celular e falo con minha familia e possivel colocar no computador o notebook e usar o aplicativo so preciso o wi-fi do hotel por que o sim da operadora movel sempre esta sem serviço. e podemos continuar conectados sem preocuparnos pela rede movel, otima solução.

PROS

Facil de usar, ja utilizo desde o lançamento em 2010 e as posteriores versôes e bem legal podemos editar as mensagens enviadas fazer chamadas e ligaçoes de video, criar grupos de brainstorming em projetos de software, excelente para funil de vendas com clientes podemos personalizar o walper para cada conversa e enviar e receber arquivos etc.

CONS

os bugs que aconte nas ligações, encerra a video chamada ao receber alguma ligação, ele otimo para outras finaldades podendo ser usado na empresa ou na familia com criptografia de ponta a ponta.

Reason for choosing Viber

uso desde 2010 sempre foi util em viajes, so preciso do wi-fi do hotel assim continuo conectado e posso falar, com amigos e clientes que usam o mesmo serviço viber e podemos criar grupos de estudo o trabalho em circulos orientados a vendas e feedback.

1 employee

Reviewed October 2019

Use of viber

PROS

This is a great app and i use it for quite long time. This app allows me to video chat and the voice quality of calls are very clear. i mostly use this app for group chats. I have lots of group chats related to cosmetic side. In those groups there are many people who are interested in cosmetics as me. So i can easily get my products from them while selling them on those groups too. And i like the huge sticker collection in the viber. Viber is the reason i am able to sell my products to the customers. There is another feature i like in this app. That is when i have missed messages in a chat i start off from where i left, then i can scroll down and read the every message i missed. That way i am not mussing any important messeges. So i can be in touch with all of my customers and producers at the same time. I love this app.

CONS

There a some features i don't like in this app too. Onebof them is the adds appear after every video calls. This is irritating me most of the times. And another thing is the limitations of sending photos. The number of photos we can send at once should be increased. Because people like me have lots of pictures to share and can't send them ten times. And it is also better if i can turn off the auto download mode. Otherwise my gallery will be filled with photos i don't want. At last sometimes i didn't get notifications from this app. That way i don't know i have messages until i open the chats. So i am not able to reply fast and it losses my customers interest in me. So i should reply as fast as possible. These are the things i think shold be improved in this app.

Lourdes Bernadette