Browse Whistle Messaging Reviews

John from Park Vista

Great Product for price

Good

Pros

user friendly interface Customizable messages

Cons

Wish there was a way to organize messages (like different categories, etc) we send upwars of 200 a day sometimes so this could be helpful

Price

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, John! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Dan from Asbury Inn & Suites

Fantastic platform, continous improvement and innovation

Having been with a previous texting service that was more expensive and less functional, we could not be more pleased with the Whistle product and team. It's legit easy to use and does everything we want it to!

Pros

1. The integration into our property management software (PMS) that allows us to send-out pre-arrival texts to our guests each day. 2. That we can send follow-up messages post stay that include a link to our TripAdvisor page.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any features of functions of the software that I do not like.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Price, functionality, and value.

Reasons for Switching to Whistle Messaging

At the time, they did not integrate with our arriving guests and we had to manually "sell" the service to each arriving guest, adding significant time to our check-in process and overall functionality. They were also more expensive. Our PMS Company (SkyTouch) also sent out information indicating they had an integration, so we wanted to try it out.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Dan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Rebecca from The Berkman

Need further interaction to provide fair review

I am finding it to be more and more useful as I become more familiar with the product. I believe once I take the time necessary to focus solely on the features I will find it to be hugely beneficial to my property as a whole.

Pros

Automated messaging is hugely helpful with communication with our guests! Integration with our current program was simple as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was invaluable in setting us up!

Cons

I cannot honestly evaluate any negatives as I do not have experience with other products to form a fair comparison.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Another associate has used other products and been nonplussed so we decided to give Whistle a try!

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the review and feedback.

Lindsey from Four Sisters Inns

Whistle helps connect us directly with our guests

When COVID hit, we needed a way to be able to communicate with our hotel guests the ongoing changes and safety information that was important to the hotel. Our employees were spending hours a day on the phone explaining things to guests. Whistle cut that time down to nearly none! We are able to be in touch with the guest in a personal way while also letting them know important safety and hotel policy information. Our guests love it too as they feel like they have help at their fingertips!

Pros

Whistle is super easy to use and implement. The automations that we were able to set up help us to communicate with our guests without adding more to our staffs workload. We were up and running in just a few weeks! The user interface makes it easy to navigate and manage ourselves, but whenever we have had trouble the Whistle team has been quick to respond and resolve our issues.

Cons

There are a few glitches here and there with the software, but overall we love it.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

The pricing was right for our company and the product had all the abilities to connect with our hotel software in a way that would be easy for our employees. The team at Whistle was friendly and helpful and understood our vision.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied July 2021

Thanks for the positive review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

James from Pelham Court Hotel

AMAZING AND A LIFE SAVER

I bleed yellow and green. I drank the cool-aid and could never imagine my operations without Whistle.

Pros

I was able to integrate Whistle pre-covid, and thank God I did. It is an amazing product that not only simplifies my work day, but communicates with guests that has never been able to be done before without be intrusive. From confirming check in, e-check, no surprises when a guest shows up with more than their reservation states, fix concerns or errors before they happen, and be available for a guests questions that they may have been embarrassed to ask in person.

Cons

Nothing. Any request I have asked as been implemented. They make it perfect

Customer Service!!

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied May 2021

Thanks for the positive review James! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Tania from Summercamp Hotel

Great communication tool

We have definately increased productivity of our front desk operations with this additional communication tool. We are able to better communicate between the housekeeping department and with Guests. It allows us to be more efficient in our daily operations as we are not spending as much time on the phone.

Pros

We liked the ability to be able to communicate with our guests in a faster more efficient way. They didn't need to call us with requests, it could be texted. The Automatic responses set up in the system also helped to answer the everyday questions of Guests without us having to repeat the same information over the phone. It streamlined our processes.

Cons

It doesn't have a lost property feature which other products offered. If a guest left something in a room, the item could be recorded in this program and thus further streamline the process. Other products offered the ability to have the picture of the item, the address of the guests and the tracking info once shipped all recorded in the program.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

It provided the communication tools we needed and it was cost-effective.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Tania! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

E Scot from The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast

Game Changer for My Staff

Set up was easy and support has been great. We needed support to get up and running but haven’t really needed them since—and that tells me it’s well designed product.

Pros

The fact that so many templates can be created and scheduled to go out makes my staffs job so much easier. They don’t have to remember to confirm arrival times or make sure that guests have all their contactless check-in information. We also love the automated review requests based on their response—the AI that is built in has increased the percentage of reviews we get by over 100%. Guests comment all the time that they felt so taken care of and half the time, it’s not even us manually texting them!

Cons

There are a few things you have to sign into the desktop version to update. That is expected though and has not really been a problem, accept when you want to change something fast on the phone app.

Reasons for Switching to Whistle Messaging

Google Voice gave us the ability to text but everything was manual. Whistle gave us tons of automation.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Claus from Predator Ridge Resort

Whistle Mania

From the very first day I was in touch with "Whistle", I was impressed. The immediate follow-up and service was great. The set up was smooth and timely and we were up and running in no time. The system is user-friendly and efficient t and our staff loves it. We are currently exploring implementing Whistle into our F&B as well as Golf Divisions..so stay tuned. Thanks for what you do and keep up the good work:)

Pros

The ease of implementation as well as ease of use...not to forget the fact that our customers love it too

Cons

That I didn't get it sooner is my main disappointment.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

The Best follow-up. Looked a lot easier for our guests and staff to us. No extravagant promises made...simply just the facts.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Claus! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Ali from Locale

Game Changing Software

Pros

I love how easy it is to use to communicate with our guests. The automatons have been so helpful to our business especially during covid.

Cons

I would love it if they added the option for email templates.

Reasons for Switching to Whistle Messaging

We were unsatisfied with the functionality of TrustYou.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Ali! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Jeff from The Berkman

Quality Product with Great Features

Great product love how all features have been thought out for practical uses in the industry.

Pros

We are in a mixed use property where are concierge staff provide service to both hotel guests and building residents. This system allows both to communicate easily with the Concierge.

Cons

Setting up some features is a bit complicated. Better assistance in getting these set up would be appreciated.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Provides features that others don’t.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Jeff! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Mackenzie from Gold Diggers Hotel

A great tool for streamlining communications with our guests.

Very pleased, it is a valuable asset to any small hotel especially when managed remotely by a small team. It helps maintain personal connection in a time when that is becoming increasingly challenging.

Pros

As a boutique hotel with a very small staff and unconventional operations, Whistle has made communication between myself, my staff and our guests much more efficient. As an adaptation to Covid-19, we have modified our property to run with a contactless, self check-in model and Whistle automatically provides our guests with the information they need immediately and improves the guest's overall experience. As it is 100% my responsibility to ensure the guests questions and issues are addressed promptly, at all times of the day, it is a relief to know I have this tool as support.

Cons

The only issue I have encountered is that if one of my staff members (typically housekeeping) opens a message from a guest, it no longer shows as unread on my platform. There have been several occasions where I have missed an important notification because it was already read and not translated to me by my team as typically this happens on their day off or with something that is not their responsibility to attend to. It could be improved with improved communication between myself and my staff but it would be nice to know that messages with only show as READ as I myself have read them, regardless of if my staff has opened them on their device.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Mackenzie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Jordan from Willard Street Inn

Efficient and approachable multi-tasker's dream

Overall the experience with Whistle has been great. The response time for our guest services is near-instantaneous as we can now respond to requests or questions while working on something else.

Pros

The best part of the Whistle software is its approachability. By utilizing the texting app on a guest's phone, our guest services become just like they are texting a friend. It is great to see guests progress during their stay from short, sometime pointed communication, to adding emojis!

Cons

At first, the dashboard was a bit cluttered and therefore there was a bit of a learning curve. Navigation became easier after some use. However, I do wish there was more definition or contrast in the dashboard. This would greatly improve "quick-glance" reference as often front desk staff is multi-tasking.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

We did a lot of research, which took longer than you would have thought as finding specific search terms to Google was harder than expected. After settling on a few options it occurred to us to ask if our property management system, ThinkReservations, had any suggestions of even better yet direct integrations. Turns out they were already working on direct integration with Whistle as we were researching so it all came together smoothly from there.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Jordan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Sandy from Bayfront Marin House

Adds a Personal Touch to Social Distancing

Guests like the ease during their stay. Prior to arrival, they MUCH prefer a text to a phone call--our calls are seldom answered, but the texts almost always are. The first day we used it we tried to run a charge that had an outdated credit card date. We called the guest--no response. We tried Whistle (then a new tool) and the guest called us back 30 seconds later. We knew then it was a winner.

Pros

When we reopened last year, we put a lot of processes in place to keep our guests and our team safe. Unfortunately, many of these changes meant less interactions with our guests. Whistle lets us interact in a safe way--while actually offer BETTER service. Guests frequently mention how easy we are to reach, and how quickly we respond to requests.

Cons

It is frustrating that hitting the 'return' button automatically sends your comment to the guest, even though there is a 'send' button at the bottom. When responding to a complaint, the text is typically longer and I'd like to break it up by a space (but not break it up so much that the guest thinks that sentence is my only response). Also, it seems like when I click on a guest name, the page 'hiccups' and I get the guest below the one I've clicked on. I've learned to be careful and check the name before I send the message.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Sandy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Rod from Pangea Pod Hotel

Everything that we required and more

It's been a pleasure, to say the least. There are a few key members of their operation that differentiate it from the rest. Quick action and tickets around for a day or two rather than 3 weeks is something that I can't speak enough about.

Pros

The features and integration is something you can only find in the much more expensive products. If you have a custom application, this is your solution. The API is flexible and with a team behind it who actively searches and destroys bugs for breakfast. The automation feature has increased our ROI substantially, and adding custom fields with the API makes even transactional SMS/Whatsapp messages possible.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but I don't think there is a way around that. It's come a long way in the last two years, and I wouldn't say it was too hard to catch on.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Price, feature set, and our needs, support and their roadmap.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Rod! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kamila from Hilton Garden Inn

Makes communication a breeze

Overall, this is a great way to keep in touch with our guests staying at the hotel and for them to communicate with us, it makes everything much more easier and convenient for both staff & guests to communicate without having to come to the front desk. A welcome text is sent out for the arrivals on the day of, a mid-stay text is sent and when guest is leaving they get a departure text as well. Very well done system.

Pros

I like that I'm able to communicate with guests so simply & guests are able to communicate any problems, concerns and feedback without leaving their room, just a text away. Especially now during this whole pandemic, it makes both the guest and the staff feel more comfortable when they do not need to come down to make a request, complaint or have a concern. I like that you're able to set up and customize the texts that are sent out to the guests - makes it more personal.

Cons

Before the updated whistle, I did not like that you could not organize the requests from guests to know what is done/ taken care of and still needs a follow up. Since the update they have listened to suggestions and improved incredibly. Makes everything so organized.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Kamila! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

kayla from Big Bear Cool Cabins

My overall experience with Whistle is a 10/10. I would definitely recommend it to any business looking for texting software to use within their employees or to reach out to clients.

Pros

I love everything about this software. I wouldn't say there is a negative side when using. Working with a lodging company and be able to communicate with our guests, owners, and vendors makes everything so much easier. Not many people like to pick up the phone and call to ask a simple question. This helps a lot with fewer incoming calls coming in when we are busy. You can also set up templates for questions that get asked often which is really nice to have.

Cons

Nothing at all. Everything is easy to navigate.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Kayla! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kitt from Bluefield Inn

My customers and I are happier than ever with Whistle

Very easy set up, good directions and very quick response from customer service (although you have to text and wait for a reply). I am very happy.

Pros

This is a great product, even for a small Inn like mine. It is the only method of communication that gets an immediate response and makes guests feel like they have a positive relationship with us before they even arrive. I purchased this to be able to easily confirm arrival times and eating restrictions for guests without having to spend hours on the phone, particularly since nobody wants to answer potential robo/sales calls. I had no idea that guests would also use it to ask questions and let me know about any concerns or issues that they have, so that I can address them immediately. It is also nice because I can respond to the texts on my computer or phone easily and don't have to step out to take a call.

Cons

It is taking me a while to learn about all of the features, but this is no different than other software.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Kitt! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

matthew from Kingfisher Advisory And The Laundry Rooms

Great guest communication tool

Excellent guest communication tool. Timely (during Covid), but sure to be a great tool well after the pandemic as well.

Pros

The ease if use and initial start-up. Maybe most importantly, our guests love the system and how quickly they get responses to their queries and service requests.

Cons

Dashboard could be a little cleaner and less busy, but otherwise very good.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Ease of use, good sales people (not pushy) and price was also a consideration. Integration with Mews was also a factor.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Matthew! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kyla from Barons CreekSide Resort

Helped streamlined our communication with our guests!

The daily number of phone calls had drastically increased last year and it was becoming more & more difficult to catch them all. The Whistle program has increased our personal contact with our guests while lower the call volume.

Pros

Love the AI feature. Still adding options as we continue to use. We had a third party help with set up but since using it, I have made adjustments and had no difficulty. We did wait to sign up until Whistle was compatible with our reservation system. The chat feature added to our website, has cut down on phone calls and missed reservations. We have not yet used the tickets or tasks, so I have no opinion for that.

Cons

After using Whistle for a little over a month, the only con so far is with the integration with our reservation system (RezStream Cloud). In this continued pandemic, guests are constantly cancelling and moving their reservations. The integration is minimal, so those changes don't get synced. However, it is quite easy to delete or edit the reservation in Whistle. It's just another step added :( I hope that in the future the integration will be improved.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Kyla! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Barry from Anddrew Pinckney Inn

Great Results and Operations Ease of Software

We have had a most positive experience with Whistle. We began researching for options contactless hospitality solutions for maintaining the finest guest service during the COVID-19 pandemic and for other reasons. We are pleased thus far with the product.

Pros

The ease of utilizing the software on desktop , mobile devices and the various options for interacting with our guest. The software also offers the ease of communicating with other staff members and assigning tasks to staff members to quickly resolve any housekeeping or maintenance issues for our guest in a timely manner. A positive result of this ease of communication reduces radio communications that could previously be overheard by our guests.

Cons

We have no complaints with this product and are actually looking at utilizing other features that are available at another pricepoint.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Pricing, Interface with existing PMS and ease of operation.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Barry! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Alisa from Big Bear Cool Cabins

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Our Company Loves Whistle

Pros

Biggest Pro is that we love it but as important, they have the best Support Team that we've ever worked with. I'm CEO so I don't involve myself with this end but I've heard one of my Managers constantly raving about Whistle support - quick responses, desire to customize if we needed something not offered. Overall A+, fabulous product with stress free support.

Cons

I don't use the product - my staff does - this field being required did now annoy me!

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Alisa! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Alicia from Hampton Inn

Whistle

Pros

Whistle gives us many features to communicate with out guests. It's great to send a welcome note, in-house information such as they received a package or fax, sending thank you texts once the guest has left the property.

Cons

I wish that it was integrated with out system so that it could auto send out welcome messages without us needed to upload the arrivals daily.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Alicia! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Michelle from Predator Ridge Resort

Whistle has helped our guest communication experience x 1,000,000%

Especially in a time where we need to socially distant, Whistle helped us improve our communication experience with our guests immediately. It gave us an easy way to communicate with guests using texting, as well as an easy way to answer potential guests via our website chatbot. This has helped lessen call volume and in turn allow us to serve more of our guests, more efficiently. I would definitely recommend Whistle as a great tool.

Pros

Whistle is simple to use and offers a wealth of options and features. The most important thing is the ease of use for our guests. Support is easy to reach and quick to react and address any issues or questions we have had.

Cons

Figuring out what features are available under the plan we are enrolled under.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

The level of standardization included in box with hotel related communication.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Michelle! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Julie from Garth Woodside mansion

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Privacy is great

The ease of learning how to use it and setting it up makes it user-friendly for most anyone that is not skilled in computer Ways.

Pros

That the customers can contact you directly and with the little “whistle” sound you notice from a current and active client. You can also give them the dedicated phone number to contact someone that is taking your place or the number so they can contact you without giving your personal cell phone number. That is huge for them not to have your personal number.

Cons

Easier access to have them opt in when it is not necessary in certain areas of the world to require that opt in. For example hospitality when they’ve already made a reservation and giving you permission to contact them.

ThinkReservations recommendation

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Julie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kendra from Creekwalk Inn

Time saver!!

I would definitely recommend Whistle to any business that values communication with their customers!

Pros

Whistle has been very integral part of our companies workflow, and is a huge time saver! Our customers love the constant communication, and the automation they offer makes it possible for it all to happen with minimal effort on our part. I love the quick responses from customer service when we need support, and they and great about adding features that help their customers.

Cons

Every time I have had an issue Whistle support has solved it with the next update.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Kendra! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Deanne from Cameo Heights Mansion

This new product is the new best thing in the hospitality industry!

Check ins are easier. Resolving guest concerns are easier. We love this product. I guess the only downside is that we are so accessible to our guests!! But they even have answers for that you can program in if it is a problem.

Pros

With the advent of COVID, we now have access to each guest who comes to our property. We check them in online, answer questions, remind them of dinner and massage appointments, check with them about concerns. They don't need to put on a mask and come find someone. The guests love it and we love it!

Cons

When we started it was a difficult to get responses from management when we had questions. But we have learned there are tutorials and it is pretty self taught. Don't expect any hand holding.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Deanne! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Simon from GreenTree Inn and Suites Pinetop

Great tool for guests service

Great experience we like it!

Pros

Friendly to use and makes a difference with guests satisfaction in Hospitality industry. We are able to connect with them prior to their arrivals, during their stays and after service if needed.

Cons

if guests opt out we can delete the number or their names. Keep track of guests history so we don't have to re-enter their information every time.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Simon! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Leanne from Weller Haus B&B

Reliable Product, Major Timesaver

Nothing but a positive experience. We communicate regularly and automatically with our guests. In fact we continuously receive feedback that we are 'great communicators regarding the experience to expect at your property".

Pros

Personally, this product is a lifesaver for us! Set up was quick and easy and we've had virtually no downtime. My customers are big "texters", so this has worked out great. I love the fact that we have set up automated texting for important information that needs to get to our guests on a regular basis and it saves me an immense amount of time instead of manually sending the same text over and over.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything that has caused us any aggravation.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Leanne! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Alex from Pierpont Inn

Easy Usage

Whistle has been great. I was able to learn how to use and navigate it fairly quickly.

Pros

Whistle is very easy to learn. The new interface is also sleek.

Cons

I don’t think that I dislike anything about it.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Alex We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Michael from Southern Oaks Inn

Best communication tool for our guests

It has been great. The amount of issues resolved has easily doubled. A lot of guests inform us of things wrong that they would not have via phone call or in-person, allowing us to find out about issues from the guest instead of a review after the fact.

Pros

I feel this is a much more efficient way to communicate with our guests. Being able to rapidly answer questions and handle requests or concerns, has led to better reviews. Also, the fact it integrates with our PMS>

Cons

Sometimes the notification tones are annoying and too frequent.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Michael! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Jacqueline from Kana/Wedge properties

Communicator Whistle

Great relationship with Front Desk Rep and guest. In messaging they will let you know what additional items they will need in there room, what time they will be arriving , if they need to extend or change their reservation. Overall just a Great Tool for communicating with our Guest.

Pros

Very easy to use , the Guest Love it and Great communication tool.

Cons

Nothing as of now. I have no complaints.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Jacqueline! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Tamika from Doubletree by Hilton Largo DC

Easy to Use

Pros

Whistle is very easy to use. Anyone on staff is able to access the reports needed to be in contact with guests. The features are numerous where you can also expand to keep track of internal issues as well which is great.

Cons

If Whistle could read/pull information directly from the OnQ system that would be great

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Tamika! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Lindsey from The Hotel at Kirkwood

Whistle Review - 2.4

Pros

I love that it has an app and the ease of overall use.

Cons

I don't like that once someone reads a message on the app, it shows read for everyone. This makes it difficult for everyone involved to stay up on messages without causing our front desk to miss the message because notifications cease.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Lindsey! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Martin from The Graham & Co.

Perfect for our times

Helps us with contactless check-ins.

Pros

Integrating this with our hotel software was easy and simple. But the fact that this allows us to now have contactless check-ins to our hotel, has given us a feature that guests love and appreciate. Using Whistle before was a convenience, today, in these times, it has become a necessity!

Cons

Importing guest information could be easier.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Seemed to be easiest and most simple to use.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Martin! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Chance from Four Sisters Inns

Great way to communicate with our guests!

We were emailing people and as many as half never checked or responded to our messages. I run a hotel and now guests are texting that they want early check in or that they are 20 minutes out. Before Whistle, we often had no warning and would scramble to shift reservations around to accomodate them. Now, we have time to accomdate most of them seemlessly. It has been a big help in guest satisfaction.

Pros

It allows us to communicate with guests by text message and have anyone respond back because our "phone number" is actually the Whistle Website. We have several prepared templates that allow us to message or respond to multiple guests quickly. Whistle has an escalatipn system which alerts us if a message received is not responded to quickly so we are prompt with responses for the guests. It also merges with our property management system!

Cons

While Whistle is pretty esay to use, I wish that they could streamline the initial communication system a little. It's okay, but I believe it could be easier.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Chance! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Michelle from Brass Lantern Inn

Great Solution for Post-Covid Touchfree Communication

Post-Covid, we had to re-create our trademark friendly and helpful attitude with caution, masks and distance. Whistle helped us bridge this gap and continue with cheery, conversational messages with links to required forms like check-ins and menu selections.

Pros

Easy to set up and create short friendly communications. Well accepted by guests and staff. Easy to imbed links for forms to be completed.

Cons

With Basic Plan, limited to just three set times for various messages. Would prefer to have flexibility with send times and limit number of text available in Basic Plan - this would give the small business greater flexibility.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

David from The Cole Hotel

Better than expected!

Our guests are able to text us and not have to use a random number, we can send them post stay review questions, they can purchase mini bar items through whistle, and they can sign their reg cards before they check in to make it faster

Pros

I love that everyone in my team is connected, and reminded if they forget to respond. I love you can have live chat connected to your website, and also have a store built in or DocuSign available

Cons

It has a few small glitches, but I see there was just an update so they may be taken care of now. They were never extreme to stop you from completing a task

The price was amazing

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, David! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

David from BCMInns

General Manager Response

It has been very useful, great way to communicate

Pros

It is a great way to communicate with the guests. Give them updates, and there is multiple categories for guest information.

Cons

I do not have any dislikes at this moment

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

It was implemented by Head Office.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Marlee from capri hotel

Great way to communicate with guests!

I enjoy Whistle, it's easy ton use and train employees on. It leaves the line of communication open for the guest, if they choose to.

Pros

Personally, I enjoy the upsell feature! Great way to text over product information and give clients options. Regardless of if they're clients or friend of clients.

Cons

I find it difficult to make the texts look good without proper spacing. The spacing tends to only work on certain templates.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Marlee! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Mark from The Pines Resort

Whistle is an easy practical solution for communicating with your guests

This is a great way for our guests to communicate with the front desk as text is often the preferred method for communication these days. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team are great and the product works great!

Pros

How easy it was to get started and the very simple and affordable pricing plan.

Cons

When I first signed up the company still new so we had to work through a few things that they were still figuring out.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Mark! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Deborah from Hampton Inn

Easy Guest Communication

We are extremely happy with Whistle !! It has made guest communication so much easier and the guests love it !!

Pros

The ease in use and how easy it is to keep in touch with guests

Cons

Integration was not difficult - everything was seamless

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Deborah! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Collie from Embassy Suites Hoover

Whistle Review

My overall experience with Whistle is great.

Pros

What I really like most about the software is I get to communicate with the guest.

Cons

What I do not like about the software is the way we have to email the guest at check in.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Collie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kathy from The Monkey Tree Hotel

Excellent way to have "contact free" communication with guests

It's so easy to communicate with guests without having to staff our office. This has been a great labor cost savings.

Pros

My favorite feature is being able to send out automated texts to guests.

Cons

We had some glitches in the beginning related to time when messages would come to us and time when messages would bounce to our answering service. This problem was realized early on and the Whistle team was able to correct it quickly.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

N/A. This product was recommended to us by our website provided and we did not explore other options.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Kathy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Larry from Willard Street Inn

Effective & Professional way to provide a high level of customer service, especially during COVID

Excellent way to use technology to provide safe and prompt customer service.

Pros

Allows the Inn's front desk to "travel virtually" in each staff member's pocket. Whistle's texting communication actually enhanced guest satisfaction by providing them a convenient method to feel connected on their own terms without being face to face with staff. Integration with "Think", our property management system works well.

Cons

A minor challenge was remembering to switch from "on duty" to "off duty." Occasionally guest texting would occur after working hours which was from the guest's viewpoint provides a high level of a customer service. Solution is self training to remember to switch to "off duty" and thus provide an uninterrupted break from work activities.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Good interface with "Think" property management system and ease of use by multiple staff members.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Larry! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Katie from Hotel Lucy

Easy to use and communicate with guests

Huge benefit of customer service and improving the guest experience!

Pros

Whistle was very easy to implement at our boutique hotel and allows us to easily communicate with guests before, during, and after their stay without having an employee on site 24/7. It was the solution we needed!

Cons

At this time, I cannot think of any cons. It may be helpful for us to be able to receive credit card info via the app and I wish our Think Reservations "tasks" list was accessible via Whistle. But we love the integration!

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Katie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Michel from Les Appartements du Palais

The best I tried

Pros

Whistle is the fourth customer communications software I've tried. This is by far the best for a reasonable price. What a time saver to have one place to communicate with all available channels!

Cons

I'd like more integration with Booking.com messaging service.

Reasons for Choosing Whistle Messaging

Comprehensive and easy to use

Reasons for Switching to Whistle Messaging

Messages are too much expensive

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Michel! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Isabelle from The Woodstocker B&B

Woodstocker's review of Whistle

Easy communications with guests when no carrier violations take place

Pros

Ease of use and productivity targets enabled

Cons

The constant carrier violation issues - Frankly it defeats the purpose of the product. Whistle needs to resolve this and users should not be paying for this resolution. It is part of the brand promise

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Hi Isabelle, thank you for your review and for the issue you've highlighted. I've spoken with our team and they've notified me that they are already working with you on this issue. The carrier filtering issues are a common problem for all A2P (application to person) messaging systems right now, and we are all collectively working with carriers like AT&T to resolve this issue as soon as possible.

randy from Treasure Bay Resort And Marina

Whistle is a great tool to stay in contact with our guests.

Outstanding tool. Easy to use.

Pros

It is such a great tool to stay in contact with our guests. Easy to use.

Cons

Wish it would be easier to create new templates. I have had a few issues, and was not able to be helped or follow up. For some reason I can not even find out how to create or change the templates we use.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Randy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

SOLANGE from EMBASSY SUITES BY HILTON

Pros and cons

It is okay.

Pros

It is easier to communicate to guest as a whole.

Cons

Guests tend to get "annoyed" by the texts and tend to opt out.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied March 2021

Thank you Solange for the review and feedback. Outgoing messaging can be changed and managed at your property's discretion and how it best suits your guests' preferences.

Orrin from Swift House Inn

Whistle is Great!

Every business should use Whistle!

Pros

I really enjoy being able to contact our guests via text, without having to use a cellphone.

Cons

I don't like that the guests do not receive the messages that we sent to them after they say yes. For example I ask them if they would like to make a dinner reservation. First they have to say yes to get the texts but I think that the message that was sent does not go thru after they say yes. I am not sure if that is true or not.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Replied February 2021

Thanks for the positive review, Orrin! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!