Whistle Messaging

Whistle Messaging Reviews

RATING:

• icon"I love how easy it is to use to communicate with our guests. The automatons have been so helpful to our business especially during covid."
  • icon"We like its integration with our reservation software and resulting automatization of the guest registration and check/in process."
  • icon"Whistle integrates with our system wonderfully. It gives our guests an easy option of contacting our staff members and we are able to easily navigate throughout the system."
  • icon"Channel system can become confused. Some rooms numbers don't associate with right profile, can message wrong guests unless it is caught by user."
  • icon"The notification sound gets a little annoying but we just silence if needed."
  • icon"I don't use the product - my staff does - this field being required did now annoy me."

Browse all Whistle Messaging Reviews

• Have you used Whistle Messaging and would like to share your experience with others?

Dan

Company size: 201 - 500 employees

Fantastic platform, continous improvement and innovation

Great Product for price

Good

Pros

user friendly interface Customizable messages

Cons

Wish there was a way to organize messages (like different categories, etc) we send upwars of 200 a day sometimes so this could be helpful

Price

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, John! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Corey

June 2022

Non-intrusive, real-time, guest communication is critical to our success!

Overall, Whistle is critical to the success of our operation. Because our resort is so small, our staff is often pulled in many different directions, and do not have the luxury of staying tethered to a specific workstation. With the Whistle Mobile App, we are able to stay in real-time contact with all our guests, even if we're up on the floors cleaning rooms, or out on the deck cleaning the pool, etc.

Pros

A majority of people in the world prefer the platform of text message when communicating with anyone. Now, we have the ability as a hotel to have this level of communication with our guests. We use this software to prepare our guests for their arrival, complete their digital guest registration, provide real-time feedback in regards to their experience and prepare them for departure and hopefully, their eventual return.

Cons

I wish the artificial intelligence was a little more intuitive. Whistle gives you the opportunity to prepare hundreds of FAQ's and their appropriate responses. The idea is that as your guests being to ask these repetitive and simple questions, Whistle can learn the typical response and automatically reply, taking this routine but demanding task off your plate full of responsibilities. Unfortunately, like an unsure but capable new employee, it is constantly looking for approval before providing the correct answer it already knew. Doesn't save much time if I have to "ok" everything that I already told it to say...

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

Previous poor experience with Ivy Experience, whereby it did not interface correctly with our Property Management Software and could not distinguish which guests were in which building.

Carol

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Numerous software bugs experienced

Whistle Messaging is a helpful tool when it's working but bugs in the software have repeatedly caused user frustration and required considerable time and involvement on our part to resolve the issues.

Pros

Ability to interact with guests and staff via one messaging service.

Cons

We've experienced numerous bugs with this software and have spent a considerable amount of time reporting the issues and troubleshooting for their support team. In some cases, the issues have been resolved and then reappear at a later date. In almost every case, when we reported an issue the support team responded that it was working fine. The issues were only acknowledged after we invested our time to test, troubleshoot, provide screenshots and documentation. Despite their promises to let us know when an issue was fixed with a new release, we have not received follow up communications.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

Recommended by our website developer/host.

Dean

May 2022

Whistle While You Work

Our overall experience with Whistle is we will never live without it. I highly recommend anyone in the Resort/Hotel service business to get hooked up with the software. It will make your life so much easier!

Pros

Whistle software has greatly enhanced communication throughout our Resorts. Both with internal customers & staff but also with all of our guests. Guests just LOVE the ability to text our front desk and our front desk staff LOVE the ability to get information out to all guests or just some guests instantly. This communication has increased our boat rentals, length of stays and even our concierge services. I would not run a Resort without Whistle!

Cons

I cannot say there is anything I dislike about the software. However, it could do more tasks within the software, and we have spoken with the company about the possibility for them to adapt the software to our needs. This is not a Con, as what the software was built to do, it does very well. We have simply asked them if they can make it do more to fit a need in our Organization, and they have responded, which is really a Pro!

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

We didn't know much about these products but #1. Whistle representatives were very responsive to our questions and concerns. Most other products did not even return our first call. #2. The product does everything we needed it to do. #3. The price was the same or cheaper than the alternative products. #4. Most alternative products took days to respond to questions which lead us to believe we would never get good customer service with these others.

Dan

Fantastic platform, continous improvement and innovation

Having been with a previous texting service that was more expensive and less functional, we could not be more pleased with the Whistle product and team. It's legit easy to use and does everything we want it to!

Pros

1. The integration into our property management software (PMS) that allows us to send-out pre-arrival texts to our guests each day. 2. That we can send follow-up messages post stay that include a link to our TripAdvisor page.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of any features of functions of the software that I do not like.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

Price, functionality, and value.

Reasons for switching to Whistle Messaging

At the time, they did not integrate with our arriving guests and we had to manually "sell" the service to each arriving guest, adding significant time to our check-in process and overall functionality. They were also more expensive. Our PMS Company (SkyTouch) also sent out information indicating they had an integration, so we wanted to try it out.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Dan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Tania

Great communication tool

We have definately increased productivity of our front desk operations with this additional communication tool. We are able to better communicate between the housekeeping department and with Guests. It allows us to be more efficient in our daily operations as we are not spending as much time on the phone.

Pros

We liked the ability to be able to communicate with our guests in a faster more efficient way. They didn't need to call us with requests, it could be texted. The Automatic responses set up in the system also helped to answer the everyday questions of Guests without us having to repeat the same information over the phone. It streamlined our processes.

Cons

It doesn't have a lost property feature which other products offered. If a guest left something in a room, the item could be recorded in this program and thus further streamline the process. Other products offered the ability to have the picture of the item, the address of the guests and the tracking info once shipped all recorded in the program.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

It provided the communication tools we needed and it was cost-effective.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Tania! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

E Scot

Game Changer for My Staff

Set up was easy and support has been great. We needed support to get up and running but haven’t really needed them since—and that tells me it’s well designed product.

Pros

The fact that so many templates can be created and scheduled to go out makes my staffs job so much easier. They don’t have to remember to confirm arrival times or make sure that guests have all their contactless check-in information. We also love the automated review requests based on their response—the AI that is built in has increased the percentage of reviews we get by over 100%. Guests comment all the time that they felt so taken care of and half the time, it’s not even us manually texting them!

Cons

There are a few things you have to sign into the desktop version to update. That is expected though and has not really been a problem, accept when you want to change something fast on the phone app.

Reasons for switching to Whistle Messaging

Google Voice gave us the ability to text but everything was manual. Whistle gave us tons of automation.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Claus

Whistle Mania

From the very first day I was in touch with "Whistle", I was impressed. The immediate follow-up and service was great. The set up was smooth and timely and we were up and running in no time. The system is user-friendly and efficient t and our staff loves it. We are currently exploring implementing Whistle into our F&B as well as Golf Divisions..so stay tuned. Thanks for what you do and keep up the good work:)

Pros

The ease of implementation as well as ease of use...not to forget the fact that our customers love it too

Cons

That I didn't get it sooner is my main disappointment.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

The Best follow-up. Looked a lot easier for our guests and staff to us. No extravagant promises made...simply just the facts.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Claus! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Ali

Game Changing Software

Pros

Cons

I would love it if they added the option for email templates.

Reasons for switching to Whistle Messaging

We were unsatisfied with the functionality of TrustYou.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Ali! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Rebecca

Need further interaction to provide fair review

I am finding it to be more and more useful as I become more familiar with the product. I believe once I take the time necessary to focus solely on the features I will find it to be hugely beneficial to my property as a whole.

Pros

Automated messaging is hugely helpful with communication with our guests! Integration with our current program was simple as [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was invaluable in setting us up!

Cons

I cannot honestly evaluate any negatives as I do not have experience with other products to form a fair comparison.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

Another associate has used other products and been nonplussed so we decided to give Whistle a try!

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the review and feedback.

matthew

Great guest communication tool

Excellent guest communication tool. Timely (during Covid), but sure to be a great tool well after the pandemic as well.

Pros

The ease if use and initial start-up. Maybe most importantly, our guests love the system and how quickly they get responses to their queries and service requests.

Cons

Dashboard could be a little cleaner and less busy, but otherwise very good.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

Ease of use, good sales people (not pushy) and price was also a consideration. Integration with Mews was also a factor.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Matthew! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Jessica

Great guest communication tool, with a few tweaks/updates could be amazing!

It's brought us forward in the ways we relay information and has allowed guests to ask questions prior to arrival so we can make sure we're all on the same page.

Pros

I think whistle has significantly improved our communications with guests.

Cons

1.) Super annoying that a name I type doesn't delete after messaging that person. I have to backspace to look up next guest. At least put an "x" at the end of the bar to make it easier to clear. 2.) Also, please stop censoring names like "Dick". I was extremely embarrassed when I typed "Hi Helen & Dick..." and it changed his name. We are grown adults, we do not need to censor anything. I typed "you can sneak in and steal some cookies" and it censored "steal"?! 3.) Lastly, when I message a guest, it doesn't show up in the current messages that are open until the guest messages back. It is inconvenient, as I'd like to know by looking at one place all 8 of my check ins for the day were messaged. 4.)It appears photos can be part of a template of text but it doesn't work that way, I end up needing to send another text with the photo which is annoying because we use our phones and photos can't be labeled. So when sending floor plans, I need to squint to make sure I have the right one and I'd rather just have it go with the text in the template. 5.) Once a message from a guest comes in and it's escalated, if you go in to acknowledge the message, you have to take a 2nd step to click on and off of it in the other tab. And it still continues to whistle on other devices like my computer or my husbands phone, ipad etc. 6.)it's really annoying that I can't send our guidebook with the short identifiable name, Whistle rebrands that link and customers are afraid to click thinking its spam

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

We did some research, but Whistle came recommended by other Innkeepers in the area.

Mackenzie

A great tool for streamlining communications with our guests.

Very pleased, it is a valuable asset to any small hotel especially when managed remotely by a small team. It helps maintain personal connection in a time when that is becoming increasingly challenging.

Pros

As a boutique hotel with a very small staff and unconventional operations, Whistle has made communication between myself, my staff and our guests much more efficient. As an adaptation to Covid-19, we have modified our property to run with a contactless, self check-in model and Whistle automatically provides our guests with the information they need immediately and improves the guest's overall experience. As it is 100% my responsibility to ensure the guests questions and issues are addressed promptly, at all times of the day, it is a relief to know I have this tool as support.

Cons

The only issue I have encountered is that if one of my staff members (typically housekeeping) opens a message from a guest, it no longer shows as unread on my platform. There have been several occasions where I have missed an important notification because it was already read and not translated to me by my team as typically this happens on their day off or with something that is not their responsibility to attend to. It could be improved with improved communication between myself and my staff but it would be nice to know that messages with only show as READ as I myself have read them, regardless of if my staff has opened them on their device.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Mackenzie! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Jordan

Efficient and approachable multi-tasker's dream

Overall the experience with Whistle has been great. The response time for our guest services is near-instantaneous as we can now respond to requests or questions while working on something else.

Pros

The best part of the Whistle software is its approachability. By utilizing the texting app on a guest's phone, our guest services become just like they are texting a friend. It is great to see guests progress during their stay from short, sometime pointed communication, to adding emojis!

Cons

At first, the dashboard was a bit cluttered and therefore there was a bit of a learning curve. Navigation became easier after some use. However, I do wish there was more definition or contrast in the dashboard. This would greatly improve "quick-glance" reference as often front desk staff is multi-tasking.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

We did a lot of research, which took longer than you would have thought as finding specific search terms to Google was harder than expected. After settling on a few options it occurred to us to ask if our property management system, ThinkReservations, had any suggestions of even better yet direct integrations. Turns out they were already working on direct integration with Whistle as we were researching so it all came together smoothly from there.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Jordan! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Sandy

Adds a Personal Touch to Social Distancing

Guests like the ease during their stay. Prior to arrival, they MUCH prefer a text to a phone call--our calls are seldom answered, but the texts almost always are. The first day we used it we tried to run a charge that had an outdated credit card date. We called the guest--no response. We tried Whistle (then a new tool) and the guest called us back 30 seconds later. We knew then it was a winner.

Pros

When we reopened last year, we put a lot of processes in place to keep our guests and our team safe. Unfortunately, many of these changes meant less interactions with our guests. Whistle lets us interact in a safe way--while actually offer BETTER service. Guests frequently mention how easy we are to reach, and how quickly we respond to requests.

Cons

It is frustrating that hitting the 'return' button automatically sends your comment to the guest, even though there is a 'send' button at the bottom. When responding to a complaint, the text is typically longer and I'd like to break it up by a space (but not break it up so much that the guest thinks that sentence is my only response). Also, it seems like when I click on a guest name, the page 'hiccups' and I get the guest below the one I've clicked on. I've learned to be careful and check the name before I send the message.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Sandy! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Rod

Everything that we required and more

It's been a pleasure, to say the least. There are a few key members of their operation that differentiate it from the rest. Quick action and tickets around for a day or two rather than 3 weeks is something that I can't speak enough about.

Pros

The features and integration is something you can only find in the much more expensive products. If you have a custom application, this is your solution. The API is flexible and with a team behind it who actively searches and destroys bugs for breakfast. The automation feature has increased our ROI substantially, and adding custom fields with the API makes even transactional SMS/Whatsapp messages possible.

Cons

There is a learning curve, but I don't think there is a way around that. It's come a long way in the last two years, and I wouldn't say it was too hard to catch on.

Reasons for choosing Whistle Messaging

Price, feature set, and our needs, support and their roadmap.

Response from Whistle Messaging

Thanks for the positive review, Rod! We work hard to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. Happy Whistling!

Kamila