Zendesk Sell

Zendesk Sell Reviews

RATING:

• icon"Simple input for contact information for different clients and potential clients. Super easy to create deals and potential purchases for clients."
  • icon"Zendesk Sell is easy to use, pushes notifications where needed, and is great for small teams."
  • icon"A straightforward, simple tool that allows good lead and deal management. Not many integrations but you can do a lot with custom API."
  • icon"System has limited functionalities. It mainly doesnt support SaaS business model and lacks certain key and also unimportant features."
  • icon"Lack commonly functionalities other CRMs have. Poor reporting and extremely expensive for the poor reporting."
  • icon"Email Syncing is not working as intended (however this could be an isolated issue due to something on my end - currently troubleshooting)."

All Zendesk Sell Reviews

Jacob

Former User, Would use again

I think I well described it above but it was always positive. I loved connectivity through different regions with closers and it truly made scheduling easier.

Pros

We used base software when setting leads for Solar appointments. There was a really nice connectivity between me and the closers when I was using base. I love the idea that I can put notes on homes and have connectivity that I normally would not have had when we were using the paper method we used to use. I can slip appointments in between already scheduled appointments, just a solid product overall.

Cons

In relation to sales rabbit and other sales softwares, I loved the ability to see homes more clearly, I thought that was one thing I didn't have as much with base, it was still better in other ways though that outweighed the pros that sales rabbit brought. I would take this still over any other sales appointment software and calendaring out there.

B. W.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Great Product with GPS

Zendesk is a great product at a great price and is a value to anyone who uses it. I liked almost everything about it, but we had a compatibility issue that was not their fault. They even have a free version if you are only using the phone app. How cool is that?

Pros

I loved the ability to log the GPS for site visits. This feature was way ahead of the competition.

Cons

My email runs through a corporate cloud service and we couldn't get the email to integrate through the phone app.

Price and simplicity

Reasons for switching to Zendesk Sell

I switched for the GPS site visit technology that wasn't available on Zoho but ultimately switched back because of a compatibility issue with our software (not Zendesk).

Solomon

Zendesk Sell Integration

The zendesk was useful in reaching customers and keeping databases on sales and promotions leads conversion.

Pros

Zendesk sell offers more features for marketing and adds on the zendesk platform for companies.

Cons

There are none but the trail but it is a helpful feature to gain customer leads

Reasons for choosing Zendesk Sell

I used it as an integration to create database of contacts for lead conversion and marketing purposes.

October 2022

Avoid this Zendesk stepchild!

Non-existent support. Sales team pretends like they have no obligation to deliver on promises. This product is NOT intended for business use. It's a liability to Zendesk.

Pros

I used this product when it was Base CRM. It was a great crm, no fluff, just basic CRM features that worked really well.

Cons

Zendesk's acquisition of this product was a disaster! They've got a bunch of bugs with bringing it into their ecosystem. It took almost a month to provision our account. Yes... we paid for a month of "we'll get it working soon, I promise!" Since then, in the past 6 months, our account has just disappeared as if we cancelled it (we paid for the year already). No login, no access to information, and no support. Support from Zendesk takes a few days per response. Getting back into our account last time took over a week. Right now, we're locked out of our CRM. It's costing us tons of money!

Maud

November 2022

Happy customers happy businesses.

Pros

Easy to use. Reasonably priced compared to its competitors. The easiest way to increase sales. We are very honored by the positive feedback of our customers. This product has become the source of our happy customers.

Cons

There is nothing I really dislike. I would recommend it to anyone to give this product a chance and see the increase in sales.

Trent

Industry: Facilities Services

Powerful and simple sales management tool

I mostly used Zendesk Sell when it was the Base CRM, though they've both worked and functioned very similarly. They have created a super easy-to-use interface that makes keeping track of and interacting with clients both simple and easy. Being able to read whole past interactions as well as see relevant sales data makes it a perfect choice for a small business. I don't know how well suited it would be to a large business, but one can hope it would work well.

Pros

- Simple input for contact information for different clients and potential clients - Super easy to create deals and potential purchases for clients - Schedule appointments, set reminders, and send emails all from within the program - Check metrics and numbers of different members of the sales team for different times and situations. - Allows others to quickly catch up on what has happened in client interactions by reading through the emails that have been sent previously - Easily sort through customer lists to find people who are relevant under different categories

Cons

- Sometimes too easy to change things that have been set by others - Contact uploading/downloading in .csv files is a bit of a pain at first, but not terrible to get used to.

Reasons for switching to Zendesk Sell

A clunky interface that made it hard to see past data and information. Made it very difficult to interact with the information

Aleksandra

Great crm

Pros

Easy to use and a full suite of features

Cons

Sometimes can be lacking some needed features

Reasons for choosing Zendesk Sell

Better reputation and recommendations from industry colleagues

Reasons for switching to Zendesk Sell

Wanted to try out another software for comparison

Marlene

Good CRM That Integrate with CRM

Pros

Been using it since it came out as a beta months ago, It integrates very easily with Zendesk support ticketing and has all features as any other CRM. You can easily integrate with Pandadoc and send agreements. You can send texts, emails and calls from the CRM very easily and track agents productivity.

Cons

At first it didnt have all the features i needed and support when it was a beta but they fixed all that with time.

Reasons for switching to Zendesk Sell

Hubspot was very expensive and gave us some problems that couldn't be fixed with agreements.

Jamie

October 2022

Good for the price but could be better

This is a decent starter sales CRM for the price, but if you plan on expanding your organization, you will likely need something more scalable.

Pros

The price was initially a major selling point. We chose Base, which did offer quite a bit and allowed integration with DropBox. The simplicity was great and easy to understand.

Cons

Ultimately, this couldn't meet our needs. We were not able to customize or integrate with a number of third-party-apps that are essential to our business, and we were met with resistance from customer service when attempting to upgrade. We also experienced quite a few issues with the integrations we could perform.

Jared

Solid SMB/SME CRM. Reports are lacking but otherwise great UX

Pros

- Direct mail integration (no bcc required) saves everyone a world of hassle - Very easy to create customized lists of deals - Mobile app is very, very good - Easy to customize deal page with relevant info including "smart links" to 3d party sites - Decent UI and easy to understand - Integrated Dialer would be great if we weren't already using Dialpad - Quick onboarding, decent SFDC import - Zapier integration

Cons

- Reporting is completely inadequate: - No good way to report on lead sources - No way to report on leads by assignee - No way to create new reports if the pre-made ones don't do enough for you - The UI is surprisingly slow. Like, a-full-second-for-a-simple-lookup slow. This is not a complete dealbreaker, but is pretty irritating - Associating contacts to deals doesn't associate your comms w/them to the same deal, so if you have a lot of back and forth with someone about a deal, but forgot to add them to that deal in Base, you won't see the communication on the page for that deal. -

Zach

Base is the CRM I decided to commit to using, and overall, I'm very happy with it.

Base has helped motivate me. It makes making calls fun because you can see your goals and your progress toward them. Base keeps me on top of what's important. For example, I called a business to see if they were interested in my services. I was told they were interested but to call back when they planned their event in a year! It's easy to set the task to call the lead back in a year, and even better is that the phone call was recorded. I can listen back and when I follow up, know exactly what's going on. Base has also given me a clearer picture of which sources of leads are best so I'm able to focus on them first. I could go on and on about the benefits of using Base. It's a huge part of my business.

Pros

The best thing about Base is that it works. I tried free trial versions of a couple of other CRMs and my first big test was importing data and mapping it. The very first time I tried this with Base, it worked without a hitch. The other CRMs I tried hit some kind of a snag. I'm sure I could have contacted support or messed with them and gotten then to work, but what's the point when Base worked right the first time? On a side note, it's been my experience with almost all software that you get what you pay for. Base isn't cheap, but I also never have a problem with it. Again, you could find a cheap or even free CRM and make it work, but at what cost? Time? Aggravation? The second reason I chose Base is because voip is integrated without having to figure out some third party way of making calls, tracking the data, and recording them. With Base, you have everything you could want in terms of a sales CRM. Lastly, the reports are awesome. They give you any kind of info you could want.

Cons

In my list of pros, I mentioned that everything you could want in a sales CRM is built into Base. However, on the marketing side, it leaves a lot to be desired. I'm a one-man operation so I'm doing all of the sales and marketing myself. My solution was to get the minimal ActiveCampaign account they offer and use it for my automation and marketing needs. Base and ActiveCampaign can work together using Zapier. If you choose a higher level ActiveCampaign account, it does include a CRM with lead scoring and pipeline tracking. However, it's Mickey Mouse stuff compared to what Base can do For example, Base's AI will actually tell you when a deal is in trouble based on the language contained within emails. It works amazingly well so you'll know right away if a potential deal needs your attention. Another problem with Base is that they haven't improved it much. There are little things they should be able to fix right away, like having a field for a lead's phone extension. That's right, if you have a number and an extension, there's no place to enter the extension! The knowledge base is very limited but support is decent. You'll be writing them a lot, not with technical issues, but with questions about functionality. There's no community to speak of to after you sign up for Base, you feel like you're the only one using it.

Very streamlined and efficient, user-friendly and easy to customize, great customer service.

Base made it easy for me to customize a CRM to exactly my needs, as well as bring all the functions of my business - from calls and emails to tracking deals and closings - into one place.

Pros

I'm in the real estate field and I've used maybe a dozen different CRMs over the years, both for myself and at different companies. I've worked in Salesforce, Top Producer, and CINC extensively. I found Base on accident while I was trying out a handful of new CRMs to kick off a new independent venture, and it's easily the best one. It automatically logs a huge number of my activities so I don't have to take notes, includes a built-in phone system so I can make all calls through my computer quickly (and automatically track them), and it's really intuitive and easy to customize. Funny enough, I think one of their smartest "features" is that they give you a 30-day free trial on a full-service version of the software up front. Because it's a really intuitive system, getting a chance to click around in the CRM and test out how I would set it up made it clear quickly it was going to be an excellent option. PS - the customer service is fantastic. I'm admittedly a bit of a high-maintenance client, and they always respond quickly and with clear answers.

Cons

There are a few places here and there in the Base CRM that are missing small features - for example, there's currently no "Previous Lead" or "Next Lead" button on each lead page, you just have to go back to your lead list (similar to Salesforce). That said, none of these little features have slowed me down any, and they are extremely receptive to feature feedbacks and requests - based on their responses I'm confident that this CRM is just going to continue getting better as they continue adjusting to client feedback and ideas.

Angelique

Zendesk Sell: Mobility and Integration Solution!

Zendesk Sell was well rounded and flexible to cater to our needs. It has various features that we are able to utilize, and smoothen up the sales process, such as customization of sales deals, automation of tasks and roles, forecasting sales, deal customization, even the organization of smart lists, and yeilding reports.

Pros

As an independent sales representative for Medical Justice, we aimed to be both mobile and flexible for our clients. The company has then decided to dive into an all new CRM software that brings forth mobility and integration that would allow adoption and improvement from the representatives; this is how Zendesk Sell came into the picture. Zendesk Sell happen to offer and provide every detail the company needed for a CRM. It was perfect! It was our solution!

Cons

So far, it's has been helpful and we love the fact of how flexible it was to cater to our needs, therefore, there is nothing to dislike, nor cons that we could think of.

Reasons for switching to Zendesk Sell

We needed a well-rounded software!

Christopher

Very friendly UI, great software and can be customized

Pros

Zendesk sell have been one of the best CRM software that I have tested and used in the past. It has very friendly UI and can be customized to your liking. The best part that i liked about Zendesk sell was that it was able to be linked with microsoft office which allowed connection to emails and calendars (sync and will remind you if you have a reminder placed). It also can be implemented onto mobiles which is useful at times and from experience, the mobile app is superb. No issues whatsoever with the mobile app and doesn't lack the functions it have on a desktop. Pricing for this product is very affordable for what its got to offer. Overall this product is great and I do highly recommend it to others.

Cons

The only thing that I dislike about this software is that it takes a long time to load up compared to other similar softwares.

Chi

Time used: Free Trial

March 2014

Intuitive, User Friendly GUI and Great Service Personnel

I felt one of the reviews was unfair and unhelpful. I hope this will help people in their decision making. To keep the review in context, I am part of a smaller business in financial services, where client numbers aren't in the multitudes. First off, I want to say that their customer contact personnel and support team are absolute stars. Very polite and attentive, they called me up within 2 minutes of finishing the tutorial to see if I had any questions. Second, they had a walk through tutorial! Unlike Insightly or 3 of the other CRM's I tested, Base did not just leave you to test it out on your own. They populated the account with a dummy setup to more thoroughly demonstrate its uses. On completion of the tutorial, they reset the account and let me tinker myself. The interface and functionality of Base is highly intuitive. After the initial walk through, I was able to determine how to create, edit and manage all the fields, filters, contact statuses, pipeline stages, etc. Finally it has connectivity with Office 365 and allows for email syncing... (however this has not been functioning fully for me) Now some issues I ran into, the syncing of my emails to base is a bit dicey. We use office 365 and Base can connect to it to sync emails. However, my emails aren't being received in base correctly. I can send mails, individually or in mass, via Base, but my mails don't automatically sync upon receiving at all. I have to use the Base plugin on Outlook to send the appropriate mails manually. While this is inconvenient, the staff have been very helpful and are working on it. Hopefully there is a resolution to this inconvenience.

Pros

- Intuitive, User Friendly and generally refreshing to work with - Great tutorials and educational content via their blog - Support staff are attentive and helpful - Offers office 365 email connectivity (BIG +++)

Cons

- Email Syncing is not working as intended (however this could be an isolated issue due to something on my end - currently troubleshooting)

Suzanne

December 2021

Not worth it

We were trying to integrate our sales and support management systems, but we could never get Sell working reliably enough to even start working on the support migration piece. Their support was so poor, we didn't trust them to be able to help us with our mission-critical support application.

Pros

The layout is attractive, and adding custom fields is easy.

Cons

There were lots of opportunities for this software to be a lot better than it was, and Zendesk doesn't seem to be interested in improving it. The main reason we chose Zendesk Sell was because we wanted to integrate our sales and support instances, but we were never able to get it working. It's impossible to rearrange columns in reports and you can't filter on certain things. There are simple issues, like when you export a list the FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME fields are combined and can't be separated. Their support was AWFUL; they routinely took SIX WEEKS to respond to urgent requests from us, and even then they didn't fix the problem.

Reasons for choosing Zendesk Sell

At the time, we thought it would meet our needs better.

Reasons for switching to Zendesk Sell

We were hoping to get an integrated sales and support solution.

Mary

November 2015

BASE CRM: Love it!

Pros

BASE is clean and simple, yet powerfully effective as a CRM. It's intuitive, extremely user-friendly, supplies lots of video tutorials and access to the California team for FAQ's, and has all the features other, more complicated, expensive CRM's have. It allows you to tailor your database to fit your needs; and track sales, tasks, and pipeline projects in graphic form. It's affordable and has a great app for mobile phones that allows access to contacts, notes, tasks, and a workable platform while on the go in real time. It's simple to teach new users how to navigate and utilize. Adding or deleting users is simple, and access to the CRM information can be limited / private, or made public for the entire team to access. I feel like it's hip and cutting edge product; not at all stuffy.

Cons

The one complaint I have is when you do talk to a team member over the phone, there's a lot of background noise in their office. I also wish some of the commonly-used fields would transfer to new Contacts, like Phone Number and Industry so that those don't have to be retyped with new contact entry.