• icon"The implementation & on boarding team was wonderful to work with."
  • icon"Clean interface and easy to understand. I like the organizational breakdown the most."
  • icon"Integration flexibility to SFDC, ServiceNow, and other sources of customer account, contact, financials, support, and usage metrics."
  • icon"Changing anything about the tasks is really a pain. We could have done a better job in setting up the logic of the tasks for when they are supposed to fire for sure."
  • icon"You should have a default that is selected company wide for the filter that we can use. Creating tasks is a big hassle and leaving notes on those tasks is a pain."
  • icon"A quick page refresh will do usually fix the issue, but it is annoying and it does interrupt my process."

All Bolstra Reviews

Customer health scores help us make quicker decisions on where to focus

My overall experience has been outstanding. The Bolstra team makes themselves available to assist when I need them. They also proactively reach out to me to check on me which I appreciate.

Pros

I’ve been using Bolstra for the past 2 years. One of the features that I think provides the most value to customer success teams is the customer health scores which consolidate live data to help understand which customers are healthy and candidates for becoming references and which customers need immediate attention. The Bolstra team was extremely helpful with setting this up.

Cons

I would like to see more intuitive widgets. I find that I have to explain what they mean to my exec team.

Bolstra - robust customer success platform

Very positive. Bolstra team is very open to product enhancement feedback and acts on that feedback.

Pros

Cons

Roll-up / dashboard for customer success leaders.

Zach

Average Product

I have always had mixed feelings. I think the basics work but the actual management of the customer life cycle from the onboarding to the different reasons to call throughout time needs some work. I dont feel like it is user friendly enough or quick enough for me to use. Creating and modifying the cards/tasks seemed was not quick and easy.

Pros

The main customer page was laid out well and made data entry easy. I like the way the contract section was laid out. Completing tasks that were already created was easy too. Being able to download the list of clients quickly was nice.

Cons

I was not a fan of the full client list page. It is too hard to read anything and I never got the hang of creating filters. You should have a default that is selected company wide for the filter that we can use. Creating tasks is a big hassle and leaving notes on those tasks is a pain. Changing anything about the tasks is really a pain. We could have done a better job in setting up the logic of the tasks for when they are supposed to fire for sure. The system needs to always be as fluid as possible as when you are relying on a client to do something, it can take them what seems like forever to do it. One task might also have multiple objectives so being able to check things off would be nice as they get done.

Giving it a try, powerful dashboard tool

Pros

you can customize it exactly to your specific needs based on your own clients and business

Cons

a lot of setup to make it pwoerful and manual work. it doesnt do the heavy lifting

Jenna

My company uses Bolstra as our current CRM tool for client management.

Pros

I like that the tool pulls data from Salesforce and allows me to upload documents at a client level. The look of the main interface, Activity Dashboard, looks good and clean. They ended up implementing a feature that allows us to now leave account notes at a client level rather than just at an overall book of business level. This is much better due to when I'm speaking with a client, I'm most likely at a client level in the tool.

Cons

There have been some bugs that have caused me to have to export my account list monthly and cross check with a separate tool to ensure that all of my activity (day to day tasks) are auto-populating accurately and/or to find which clients' activity cards are not visible. Also, if a client is is terminated then there's not a good way to shut off the activity cards without pausing all of the triggers (system wide) for the cards we're trying to manually shut off. Hopefully in the future, once the client is marked as 'Terminated,' the activity cards will quit firing off.

Amanda

Slick interface, but lack of features and reporting are frustrating

Pros

The interface, UI, and UX are well thought through. It's easy to pick up quickly and run as a CSM.

Cons

Reporting and integrations. The reporting and managerial side of the software is entirely disappointing. It's difficult to pull useful data in a way we can present to our leadership. There are integrations that come out of box, however the fields they interact with are limited to a frustrating degree. Their dev team are willing to custom build as needed, and are good to work with, which is probably one of the key reasons we haven't yet sought another solution. Just don't expect it to work as smoothly as demo'd right out of the gate and without significant effort and customization.

KEELEY ANN

Industry: Broadcast Media

The Best Understanding of Account Health

The clients I work with are complex and thus the need for a more robust way to understand overall account health. Bolstra's platform allows me to fine-tune health scores for varying account sizes based on MRR and include not only quantitative values but qualitative.

Pros

The team that supports the software is amazing! They are always willing to jump on the phone and talk features, the user interface, how you might apply the tool to your day-to-day use. The tool is constantly under improvement and immediate benefits to the enhancements are felt.

Cons

Some features or steps to in a process are not intuitive. Feels like things take 5 clicks when 3 would do.

Great for small business

Pros

If you don't have a large portfolio, this is very user friendly.

Cons

Difficult to export data or search. Cumbersome is you have a large amount of accounts

Response from Bolstra

Hello reviewer, thank you for leaving your honest opinion about Bolstra. I wanted to address the issue of exporting data you mentioned, Bolstra is capable of exporting all contact, contract and account details with the click of one button. Anything outside of these three objects our dev team can quickly export for you. Hope to get in touch so we can show you how easy it is to export your data.

Replied February 2019

Gets the job done as long as you're willing to live with some bugs

Pros

I like that I'm able to track the actions performed for a specific client and can easily filter to find what I need. I like that it is customizable and gives me the ability to see tasks and workflows that are specific to my company's specifications.

Cons

There is an annoying bug that has persisted for the last few months - it gives garbled text and I'm unable to view any meaningful content. A quick page refresh will do usually fix the issue, but it is annoying and it does interrupt my process.

Clare

Industry: Broadcast Media

Redundant to my work

Overall I find it tedious with no benefit to the user.

Pros

It can track your emails, but you have to add each email address individually for it to do so.

Cons

Everything... It tracks emails but doesn't log them as contact points. It doesn't auto log anything, it all has to be done manually in addition to your work, which in effect, just creates more work.

Brennan

One Year of Bolstra

Pros

The best feature of Bolstra is the automatic cadence of the program. You always know what to do next.

Cons

Even with the cadence feature, the timeline of when tasks need to get done is easily lost. Managing upward of 100 clients caused tasks/meetings to be missed.

Ferriyal

Good value for money!

Pros

Definitely good value for money. The team is very responsive. They are still building and improving the software, so I'm excited to see what is coming up. It's very easy to use.

Cons

There are a lot of things Bolstra can't do when compared to other software for the same purpose. It does what needs to get done, but doesn't have the extra fluff that makes your life easier.

Mary

Looks nice, easy to use but not a help for my day to day job

Nice just not useful

Pros

Th tile view of work and activity is easy to use.

Cons

Adds extra time to my day without adding value. My only motivation for use is it is mandatory. However it may add value to management

A great start to enhancing the customer experience

Pros

The software is easy to use, great for planning and organization, and easily used as a collaborative tool with various departments

Cons

Report features are very limited ... need ways to link certain information to flow to other fields ... dashboard/filters need to be able to be shared global for certain viewing needs

Bill

Great tool for easy management

Before Bolstra my team was running with a methodology of 'tribal knowledge' and 'just do it'. While everyone worked very hard there was little perceived time to take a step back and look at our workload from a high level. Bolstra has provided a tool for us to work smarter. Our time saved easily justified the investment.

Pros

Cons

There is a fine line where a 'simple or clean' look becomes a function inhibitor or at least a perceived inhibitor if I can't easily see what the intended use is.

Erica

Still learning about it

Still Using the trial And seeing if It’s something I want to buy

Pros

At first I had no idea what this software was and still unsure if I will Use it after the free trial. So far it’s ok and seems like it’s easy to understand but we will see if my company really needs it