All ESET Endpoint Security Reviews

1-25 of 1,150 Reviews

Computer & Network Security, 11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed February 2021

Solid endpoint solution for less

Robert

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Removes infections others do not.

Have found ESET support to be responsive and knowledage. We have met the UK head of sales a few times at various events and it has always been a pleasure.

PROS

We are partnered with ESET as their product range has a very virus detection rate combined with a low system impact. Quite often we have customers bring in computers running other AV software and we use ESET to remove infections.

CONS

The ERA console is very flexable but can be overly complex for most use cases. Would be nice to see a better implementation of the user interface, perhaps a wizzard system. This does not affect end users though.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Price and previous good histroy with ESET.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Trends virus detection rate at the time was not so good.

Rachel L

Information Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Reliable Antivirus for Comprehensive Protection

Our experience with ESET has been great since it is easy to use, does not cause the system to slow down, and provides protection against a broad range of threats. We have not dealt with system security challenges since we switched to ESET.

PROS

I like ESET because it is easy to set up, adjust security settings, and navigate through. It protects our systems against malware, viruses, spyware and other malicious programs and sends alerts on time. I also like real-time scanning and email filtering, which assure security and peace of mind.

CONS

ESET works quietly in the background, which sometimes makes us wonder if it is up and running. Scans sometimes take too long especially if you have many files. We have experienced a few cases of false alerts when dealing with safe files from known sources.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Decision makers believed ESET performs better and has improved customer support.

Thank you for your outstanding 5-star review of ESET! We're thrilled to hear that you find it easy to set up and navigate while providing comprehensive protection against malware and viruses. Your feedback about real-time scanning and email filtering is greatly appreciated. We understand your concerns about it working quietly and occasional lengthy scans. We're continuously working to improve user experience. Your trust in ESET and your positive experience since switching to us means a lot to us. Thank you for choosing ESET for your security needs!

Replied August 2023

Lauren

Marketing and Advertising, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Effective and trusted security platform

I'm sure there's a good technical explanation behind manual updates, but it'd be fantastic if the core program could update itself and its after-updates setting could be a little simpler. It would also be helpful to have a clearer program allowlist part; having IT tools snagged in scans is inconvenient I've been using this software for a long time and have never encountered a problem that has caused me to consider abandoning it. Because it is customized, you can choose it freely and confidently, knowing that it will meet all of your demands.

PROS

ESET endpoint protection is flexible and adaptable to keep our business one ahead of the competition and away from any danger. However, I discovered that this is the only one that has a great balance of lightness and safety. In comparison to other companies, its cost is also fair. It is, without a doubt, the best.

CONS

I spent a bit more time getting it ready for my users, I also experienced a couple of false positives at the start. We also did have a problem with a false positive ARP assault. The extra time must be spent on configuration.

Thank you for sharing your feedback on ESET endpoint protection. We're glad to hear that you find our security platform effective and trustworthy, and that it has been beneficial for your business in staying ahead of the competition. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the initial setup and false positives. Our team is continuously working to improve the configuration process and minimize any false alarms. Regarding the manual updates and after-updates settings, we understand your point, and we'll take it into consideration for future updates to enhance user experience and make the process more streamlined. We appreciate your continued support and trust in our software, and we'll strive to meet all your demands with a customized and reliable solution. If you have any further suggestions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us.

Replied July 2023

Arda

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Definetely worth to try.

PROS

ESET Endpoint Security offers advanced antivirus technology, capable of detecting and eliminating a wide range of malware, including viruses, ransomware, Trojans, and spyware. It provides real-time scanning, proactive threat detection, and automatic updates to keep your systems secure.

CONS

Not many things i can find right now but i can say may be UI.

Thank you for your positive review of ESET Endpoint Security! We're glad to hear that you find our antivirus technology effective in detecting and eliminating various types of malware. We continuously strive to provide real-time scanning, proactive threat detection, and automatic updates to keep your systems secure. We appreciate your feedback regarding the user interface, and we'll take it into consideration for future improvements. Thank you for choosing ESET!

Replied July 2023

Francis

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

ESET Endpoint Security Review

PROS

Ability to detect web threats and delete malware instantly

CONS

Uses up a lot of memory on a workstation

Thank you for your kind words, ESET is proud to serve as your security solution.

Replied May 2023

Ryan

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

ESET is the best

Has been a very good experience, easy to use and update and easy to install.

PROS

I find ESET works very well for our company and we've used it for over seven years. It's affordable and it works very well. It's also much lighter and doesn't slow down our computers. We use it for our office computers and at home computers. It's nice having the added security (opens a secure window) when it detects something that needs higher security like opening a bank website.

CONS

Not any cons I can think of honestly. We are a small studio of under 10 staff so it was great for us. If you are a large firm then one of the more established companies may be better for you.

Lighter, better.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Norton was very heavy and we noticed a slow down of our machines.

Thank you for your helpful review about our software. We're glad to hear that you find it easy to use and that it doesn't affect your computer's performance. We also appreciate your feedback about the cost-effectiveness of our software. Thank you for choosing ESET!

Replied May 2023

Chanaka

Civil Engineering, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

Fast, Lightweight, efficient antivirus which is a must for any user

ESET is the fastest and most efficient security tool among many others and I'm telling this from experience. This will work on any device even if it's got lower performance without overloading the device. Just try this and you will understand why this is one of the best in the market right now. Detection engine is capable of identifying many threats which are missed from similar tools.

PROS

I started using ESET few years back and instantly I felt an improvement from all the antivirus software I used during my time. ESET was fast and had minimal impact on overall performance on computer while detecting many threats other tools could not detect. With constant updates and user friendly UI, I feel it's the most comfortable tool I have used. Quite customizable with excluding locations, custom firewall, and specially the gaming mode where it improves overall performance of computer was splendid. As a user for many years ESET came up with many good features like email protection, banking protection, and a own blacklist to enhance users' security.

CONS

I used ESET for many years but I have rarely seen faults in ESET. But I think constant notifications reminding to update and lower downloading speed for updates even when a stable and speed internet connection is available can be stated as the areas where I think ESET need to improve.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

ESET was fast and efficient as an antivirus and had more user friendly features I liked.

Fatih

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

The best among traditional antiviruses

PROS

It has low hardware resource consumption, I have been using it for 10 years. Even though it is a traditional antivirus, it winks at EDRs with its various modules.

CONS

I am generally satisfied. However, their prices are now high compared to traditional antiviruses.

Thank you for your 4-star review! We're delighted to hear that our antivirus has served you well for a decade and that you appreciate its resource efficiency and advanced features. We understand your concern about pricing and will continue to evaluate and adjust our offerings to provide the best value for our users. Your feedback is valuable to us as we strive to enhance our services.

Replied September 2023

Alain Jove

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed February 2021

A good choice to keep viruses at bay

Overall, the product suits my needs especially in terms of managing a relatively small network of computers. The essential functions are present to prevent intrusion, and tying it up with the default firewall as well as tweaking router settings suits just fine in preventing unwanted websites and pop ups from appearing in in your screen, and sifting through websites with anomalous content.

PROS

There's a ton of anti virus and anti malware apps already online, but one reason why I used this product is for its simplicity and for its being lightweight, and not to mention the pricing. Doing system maintenance can be a daunting task, and waiting for boot scans to finish can be time consuming especially with a lot of tasks on the to do list. Yes, I do boots cans once a month to ensure that my security software can reach the deepest caverns of my computer because with all the phishing, malware, ransomware, and viruses lingering online, it's better to make this precautions than fall prey to it. I also find it very handy using the malware scan through the browser, which is optional but can be easily changed in the settings. Along with the default Windows Firewall of Windows 10, I feel my system a lot safer, because apparently using only the latter isn't sufficient enough to keep those bad entities at bay.

CONS

Although pricing is way better than others, it is limited to some functionalities. And an advanced user might consider switching to other products if one is looking for other add-ons especially for those who have high browsing and other internet activities.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

At that time, there were a few security products that have false positives in tagging searched elements as viruses or malware and one of them is Kaspersky. Although, the default settings can be changed, I was looking for something less stricter but is efficient in weeding out bad rootkit elements, which led me to ESET.

Gabriella

Mining & Metals, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Works well whether entry-level or high performance

Having used ESET for about seven years there are definitely more pros than cons.

PROS

I have used ESET for about 7 years back and forth and at times together with another antivirus. When I first started with ESET it did a really good job, my laptop was not performing well, I installed it and managed to remove over 20 malicious software. I like how it works well on different computer systems, be it entry-level or high performance. I am currently running it on an i5 processor with 8 GBs of RAM and it works well. It uses low computing power and it does not slow down my computer. I like the ESET splash screen that shows up on computer startup, it's interesting how it's changed over the years. The splash screen has a clean and premium feel to it and it makes using ESET thus much more pleasant. The splash screen simply shows up and automatically disappears, making starting up pleasant and not long especially when compared to other programs where a complete window opens up which then has to be closed. I have also used it on an entry-level computer with a Celeron processor and 4 GBs of RAM. It worked well, and I still saw the above pros, and most importantly I was able to scan my computer and have it free of malware.

CONS

I do not have much against ESET, it works well, except that scan times are lengthy, but this is related to file sizes that I have on my machine and in any case, I found it to still be quicker than other programs. There is a price point to ESET and even though it works well there are other anti-virus programs with a free plan that compete strongly with it.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Over a decent number of years, I have switched from ESET to Kaspersky and then to ESET again and have also used both of them together. I switched from Kaspersky because it takes quite a bit of computing power.

Muna

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Eset benefits

Well, I recommend everyone to use ESET because of it's features provided by them. You will be safe. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT IF YOU HAVE ESET ON YOUR ENDPOINT DEVICES. If you are looking for something that provides the protection for your non living beings, just try it and be happy.

PROS

The main thing I love about the ESET is it provides and shows all the angles to protect ourselves from malware, ransomware and phishing websites.

CONS

Well, I do feel that some of the features are not more user friendly. Sometime it takes time to apply the policies but at last it will work within few seconds. Also, the cost is one of the factors.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Well, the main reason is deployment, according to our company needs, vendor commitment for the support, quality and the pricing flexibility.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Well, it is costly and we are looking for one product which provides all the features that is included over there. We are happy, we found ESET.

Hi Muna, Thank you for such a glowing recommendation, we appreciate the feedback about servers on and off premises and will see what we can do to implement it.

Reviewed November 2023

Antivirus for Non-Profit

PROS

Probably the best antivirus out there right now. It has so many different helpful things that it does from browser scanning, malware, etc.

CONS

Nothing, it is a bit on the expensive side.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Cost, overall level of security wasn't met with this one.

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate its support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

rayan

Computer Games, 1 employee

ESET Endpoint Security customer review

PROS

This app has excellent threat detection and protection, and it has an advanced analysis. It also has the advantage of having low to no system impact and the managment is very centralized

CONS

Some of it's drawbacks are it's limited web filtering, licensing model, and complex configuration which can confuse new and unexperienced users

We are happy to hear that ESET is your trusted security provider and that you appreciate it's support and value. Thank you for sharing your review.

Replied June 2023

Oliver

Computer & Network Security, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2023

One of the most easy to use endpoint protection programs

Overall the product works as intended. the pros far outweigh the idiosyncrasies. They are minimal. There is no end user interaction which is great. The reporting is excellent and remote management helps resolve issues without ever contacting the end user.

PROS

Easy to setup. Straight forward control panel. remote deployment and installer creation is a breeze.

CONS

I wish the tenant portion of the control panel was a bit more user friendly.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

Easier to use and manage. Price was lower than most with the amount of features offered.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Sonicwall capture client was a nightmare to manage. Could be because when we started using it was when it was first introduced. We did not have a good experience and the price was way high.

Hi Oliver, Thank you for your glowing review extolling the ease of use of ESET. We look forward to continuing to serve as your cybersecurity provider well into the future.

Aman

Real Estate, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Highly recommend

PROS

Its great for Signature based scans and malware control

CONS

If you are particularly looking for behavior based AV, do try out Sentinal One and CrowdStrike

Thank you for sharing your outstanding review, Aman!

Replied June 2023

Trevor

Computer Networking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2021

Eset security software

We use this software in many ways to protect businesses from hackers and viruses and blocked unsafe web site. Plus it protects our company when access banking information.

PROS

I have been Eset for a while now, and the software has made some significant improvement overall with using the software adding more security features like the banking system. This software you to take control of access to firewalls and also gives users control on having a computer scanning for issues. The software has a different level of software protection to choose from.

CONS

The licensed to purchase this software is a bit troubling. It does give your license keys. If you need to reinstall the program in some older model, you required a user name and keycode or ID code. It just too confusing. Also, the software takes too many resources when scanning every time you reboot your computer.

Reason for choosing ESET Endpoint Security

It was more user-friendly software without a lot of false advertising.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

Norton was too slow and would cause too many issues.

Ahmed

Computer & Network Security, 201-500 employees

Reviewed December 2022

ESET EPP review after using it personnally for 6 yrs. and at work for 2 yrs.

very easy and very good interface, they have the fastest updates, also very good exclusion and light on the PCs better offering, ease f use, light on PC so enhance performance.

PROS

doesn't affect hardware performance, fastest updates, fantastic detection.

CONS

needs to be for bigger enterprises, offering to servers and data-centers needs to be better.

Reasons for switching to ESET Endpoint Security

better offering, ease f use, light on PC so enhance performance.

Thank you for your kind words and endorsement, ESET is truly honored to have your trust. Our team works hard every day to make sure our products are the best they can be and it's great to see that we're meeting your needs. We hope to continue providing you with the protection you need for years to come.

Replied December 2022