All Google Cloud Reviews

Google Truly is the Best

Darien

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

GCP is a robust, powerful platform that offers simple cloud hosting for websites

Google Cloud Platform allows our website to scale rapidly as needed, while offering a cheap and completely customizable hosting platform. While complicated, GCP allows power users to run very powerful websites for fairly cheap, and unlimited potential for future development.

PROS

GCP is a very complicated platform, with unlimited potential for those who know how to use it; but once you learn how to use a specific tool - it becomes a very powerful and simple tool to use. I currently only use the Compute Manager (Virtual Machine), VPC Network (External IP) and Network Services (Cloud DNS) to run a cloud-based Wordpress site. Overall, once you learn the system, Google Cloud offers a very powerful solution for web management - giving unlimited potential for upgrades & sizes, allowing for localized solutions & access to the full Google Cloud network, and giving a (cheap) solution for powerful web hosting. With GCP, we spend only $7 a month (CAD), and our site runs significantly faster than it previously did on other hosting services. On top of that, GCP allows complete control over the backend linux server; which is a learning curve in itself, but offers quick & easy ways to manage every aspect of your website - the PHP version, specific file permissions, custom platform solutions (such as access to install different Google API's).

CONS

Google Cloud Platform is an insanely powerful platform with incredible features, but it also carries a VERY steep learning curve and is not for the faint of heart. While other web hosting services provide a simple interface most people can learn quickly, GCP throws you into the deep-end; requiring deeper knowledge of linux code (for backend management) and an understanding of web hosting in order to operate properly. Fortunately, with numerous guides and support forums/groups out there, it can be easy to learn.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Simplicity of interface & familiarity with brand

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Squarespace no longer fit our design or hosting needs.

Research, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Google Cloud is a cost effective alternative to S3 and continually improving -watch this space.

Google Cloud has allowed us to scale key parts of our data pipeline and democratise access to data for reporting; removing bottlenecks in reporting and allowing self-service analytics, but it is overkill for companies that don't deal with pentabytes of data.

PROS

The integration with other Google products is particularly impressive and makes it easy to set up. Using Forms for entry to Sheets which sync to BigQuery and DataStudio makes for very quick and easy expansion. Recently they have added a feature whereby query results can be viewed in Sheets for quick, less technical analysis. I was particularly impressed by BigQuery's free public datasets: such as covid. AppSheet is much easier to use than MS PowerApps. They are continually adding novel features, with a natural language processing feature coming soon, allowing SQL queries to be composed using natural English.

CONS

BigQuery does not feel like a mature product yet. The UI can be buggy and is not particularly user friendly. DataStudio lacks the flexibility of software like MS PowerBI; it lacks basic scientific graphs like boxplots and control charts and I would not recommend it for scientific data. AppSheet lacks the flexibility of MS PowerApps and is priced per user, making it expensive to scale and greatly reducing the potential use cases.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

We chose Google Cloud over Amazon because it was more cost effective at the level of usage we were expecting.

Mateus Charles

Financial Services, 1 employee

good product

For those looking for something practical, easy to handle and a storage tool, I use it daily and I have no doubt that it is the best

PROS

CONS

an auto storage increase and automatic billing

Imaal

Insurance, 51-200 employees

More Better Options Available

PROS

Can store any large size files and access

CONS

Need so user friendly as compared to other cloud storages

Ryan

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Best Cloud Service to Get Started

PROS

Compared to other major cloud services, Google Cloud might be the best place to get started with cloud services. The console is very user friendly which makes it easier for new users to utilize the cloud. It is also great for expert cloud users since it has a lot of services that is similar to other cloud services.

CONS

The customer support (especially the quota increase process) wasn't very enjoyable but I did get help in the end. The process was just more tedious and long.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

I decided that Google Cloud would be a great start to learning the cloud. Also, added that it has integration with Firebase, which I use for mobile development.

Arman

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Google Cloud is one of the best cloud providers our there

PROS

Google Cloud is tightly integrated with Google Workspace which allows easy user management. The web console is intuitive and easy to use.

CONS

Google Cloud lacks some important services such as managed client VPN, managed Kafka, and Elasticsearch.

Natasha

Public Relations and Communications, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2024

Storage in the cloud, simplified

PROS

The ease of using Google Cloud is the best functionality. You can essentially set it up and forget about it since you know it’s storing everything seamlessly.

CONS

I do not have issues with using Google Cloud.

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Google Cloud - DR

PROS

easy to use and we rely on google cloud on a daily basis across our sales and marketing teams.

CONS

no cons at this time, we depend on Google cloud and it's helped our business grow. No Cons.

Destiny

Food & Beverages, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2024

The clouds that store everything

I love the Google cloud never returned back to an apple device

PROS

The amount of storage it has in how it will let you know when cloud is about full

CONS

Always updating and syncing at the wrong times

Ja'Keya

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

COULDNT HAVE ASKED FOR A BETTER STORAGE

PROS

I like that I can't upload any information at any time and it is instantly saved so that my team can pull and review any information. I also like that the info is very organized, secure, and easily accessible for my team.

CONS

I dont have anything that i can say is bad about this application.

infant

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

GCP Review

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

PROS

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

CONS

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

Robson Jean

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2021

Google Cloud Platform the best Cloud Platform on the Market

The best platform for Cloud Computing, very robust, with all services that you need for you application

PROS

First, that GCP accept the Brazilian Real for payments. Second, GCP have a lot of products for serverless apps, like Cloud Run, Cloud Functions, App Engine. Third, I never had to talk with the GCP Support, I never had problems with they.

CONS

I think that I'dont have any complain about GCP, the price is not too high, I think is cheaper then AWS.

Price and the currency

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Heroku is very expensive when you go to Production!

Eric R

Research, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Google Cloud Platform is getting better and better

I am a huge fan of Google Cloud Platform. I have been using their services for years now, and I am amazed at how easy it is to get started. They have great tutorials that walk you through the process, and they also have an excellent support team. They are always available to answer questions, and they are great at making sure you don't get stuck.While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google has done a good job of making their system more approachable through good tutorial videos.

PROS

GCP is a powerhouse platform with a lot of flexibility and strengths. Now that they've optimized the platform to make it more understandable for non-engineers, we're using it more often since it is easy to spin up whatever you need.

CONS

While GCP was behind AWS for quite a while, Google had a slow start to be an approachable platform for the less tech-savvy. Even now, there are more options and switches than sometimes seem appropriate.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Free credits from Google, but the platform is really good now.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Google offered us credits and we ran out of AWS credits.

Cody

Warehousing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Google Cloud review

It's been a superb experience using the platform.

PROS

I like that it's a very smart,safe, secure, easy to use, and inexpensive software that my company uses daily.

CONS

Dont know of anything that I don't like about the software. I really like and appreciate it.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Cheaper, better quality, inexpensive, better user interface

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Needed a better and cheaper platform

Nolan

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

PROS

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

CONS

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Dropbox was not as functional; it had smaller storage and wasn't as compatible as Google.

Jeanette

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

Google Cloud is hassle free and easy peasy!

Super easy and hassle free. I don't worry about losing my information and I don't worry about poor security.

PROS

Automatic backup. Secure log-in. I have the paid HIPAA version and enjoy peace of mind knowing my information and my client's information is safe.

CONS

I don't know of any features that are missing or not occurring. The Google Cloud is a great product.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

I didn't - I actually have both Dropbox and Google Cloud. I have Dropbox Business because I have to do some things in Microsoft and I don't want to have to upload them into the Google Cloud.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

My external hard drive did not automatically back up my information. When I got hacked, I lost everything!

Sébastien

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

PROS

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

CONS

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Rony

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

The Powerhouse of Cloud Computing

My overall experience with Google Cloud has been overwhelmingly positive. The platform's vast array of services and tools has empowered our organization to harness the full potential of cloud computing. The scalability and flexibility provided have allowed us to seamlessly adapt to our changing needs. The robust security measures instilled confidence in the protection of our data. While the learning curve and occasional performance issues posed minor challenges, the overall reliability, performance, and feature-rich environment of Google Cloud have made it our preferred choice for cloud computing solutions.

PROS

Google Cloud left an indelible mark on me with its outstanding features and capabilities. The scalability and flexibility it offered were unparalleled, allowing us to effortlessly adjust resources based on our evolving needs. The robust security measures implemented by Google ensured our data remained protected and gave us peace of mind. The wide array of services and tools available within the platform empowered us to tackle complex tasks with ease. The seamless integration with other Google products facilitated a cohesive workflow. Above all, the reliability and performance of Google Cloud solidified its position as our preferred cloud computing solution.

CONS

While Google Cloud offers an impressive range of features, there were a few areas that fell short of my expectations. One drawback was the complexity of the platform, which required a significant learning curve to fully grasp and utilize its capabilities. Additionally, the pricing structure felt somewhat convoluted, making it challenging to estimate costs accurately. The customer support, although available, sometimes took longer than desired to address our queries. We also experienced occasional performance issues during peak usage times. Despite these shortcomings, Google Cloud's overall performance and feature set make it a compelling choice for cloud computing needs.

Hillary