All Phocas Software Reviews

Gary

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 employees

Best in class BI

Phocas is extremely easy to use for a non Technical users. It holds huge amounts of data and is pretty fast at being able to get the information required out of the system fast.

PROS

It is easy to use for all sales people. Lots of information at your fingertips.

CONS

Having all this data you need to understand d how to use it. This is not always easy.

Graham

Oil & Energy, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Happy to Recommend Phocas!

We started with Phocas in 2009 with just the standard sales database for one region of our business but have now progressed to multiple sales databases for other business units with fully integrated rebates module as well as finance and procurement style database now, with plans to roll it out further in other parts of the business.

PROS

The ease of use of Phocas is what puts it at the top of our list for BI software. The set up of the data was quick and easy (with great support from the Phocas guys) and ability to drill down from top line data right into the detail of a transaction is what makes Phocas a great tool for us. Phocas is widely used across our business to track and analyse sales data, finance data and purchasing data with future plans to add more modules. The PUG Forum is also a good feature for me, if there is something that you don't know how to do then you'll find the info there or someone can point you in the right direction. It's also a great place to suggest the feature that you'd like to see and Phocas review and add on to their product road map, so you know they are listening to your ideas.

CONS

I'd say the visualizations and widgets on the dashboards could do with abit of updating. The charts aren't always a flexible as you'd like with axes labels and adjusting the axes to suit the chart, plus you have to be quite specific with the data in the first place to get the chart you want.

Reason for choosing Phocas Software

Since we've been using Phocas we've been assessing the use of Tableau and Microsoft Power BI however, these would replace Phocas for us, these would be secondary tools most likely used in our business for their visualization functions.

Ken

Wholesale, 201-500 employees

Good BI Tool, Not Great

Good, basic BI tool that can give sales teams good information to understand their customers and opportunities to grow sales and margins.

PROS

Easy to pull in our ERP data. Good to summarize trends and KPI metrics. Matrix feature is great to find correlated products "like" customers aren't buying. Ability to filter (called "Focus") on a dimension and all of the widgets within the dashboards will update to just show the info relative to that filter. Ability to quickly change dimensions and measures to show information in different ways. The customer service department is awesome - will help whenever and however they can.

CONS

Custom calculations are hard to use. Graphing tools are not robust (i.e. no data labels, data tables, combo charts are limited, etc.) Needs an additional user license that fits in between the Viewer and Full Licenses to give additional user features like exporting, but not the ability to design dashboards. Formatting and sorting the data is below average. The back-end Designer tool takes awhile to master. Wish there was a handbook or instructions on how to use the different features of the software.

Bill

Warehousing, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Johnstone Supply - Las Vegas - Why Phocas has increased our productivity!

Overall we are very happy with this product. It has opened the door for getting information to our teams much faster and it also created a new full time position for data analysis! The flexibility of being able to create our own databases, & adding to existing databases has increased our ability to share information to our teams in a easy to view format instead of sending spreadsheets that some people did not look at.

PROS

It is very easy to use! I can show someone the basics in 5 to 10 minutes and they are off and running creating favorites and dashboards. The software is updated every month and their support and documentation is outstanding. The product gives us the information we need faster than doing it in our ERP system. With a couple of clicks you can analyze you sales data and then quickly change views to look at the data in a completely different way. It very robust in all the options you have. The company is developing based on their customer needs, you can tell that they all want to help us achieve success with this product.

CONS

This is hard to say because their are few cons. We have requested enhancements and we have some support issues that are submitted. But we have no visibility , (web portal), to review what we already submitted. It would be nice to have a support portal to check open cases and enhancements we have submitted.

Reasons for switching to Phocas Software

Phocas is a very modern looking and easy to use product, very little training for end users. Its updating and evolving with the times we live it. The employees of Phocas are passionate about their product and it shows in their support, documentation, training videos, and user conferences. We wanted a product that would take us to the next level. We did not see that in Mitts

samantha

Mining & Metals, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

A great product with an excellent, dynamic and knowledgeable support team.

It's really quick to get the information we need. When we implemented it we presumed the sales team would spend hours on it. They don't. They get the information they need within seconds and can quickly move on to do their actual jobs. It's an extremely powerful tool.Some functions in the business don't use it very much but that's because we didn't collect data before because we couldn't analyse it. Now that we can analyse it we need to collect a bank of data so we can see what we want to do with it. Chicken and egg.

PROS

The screens are easy to navigate and there aren't lots of clicks to get the information you need.I particularly like how easy it is to create Dashboards and delve deeper into dashboard data.The supporting team are excellent too. After a bumpy handover to BAU Phocas have completely turned it around. Their team are engaging, helpful and knowledgeable. I also know that, if I can explain the data composite I'm looking for, the team will find a way of getting it.

CONS

It isn't so easy for less skilled team members to use- those who don't understand databases, don't have very good computer skills or only use it occasionally.I'd like it to be easier to import simple data such as a spreadsheet.

Reason for choosing Phocas Software

We went straight to Phocas because they had recently partnered with our ERP solution provider. It shortcut the process for us.

Hi Sam, thanks for taking the time to to leave us such a thorough review! We really pride ourselves for providing real people to help you solve your problems the best way we can. It's great your wider team can quickly find the data they need too. For less frequent users, hopefully our library of easy-to-follow videos at: https://www.phocassoftware.com/academy, are proving useful. If you spot any gaps in our how-tos we're always open to suggestions: hello@phocassoftware.com Warm regards, Mike Hills Global Head of Customer

NIcholas

Phocas is Amazing!

The biggest benefit is not having our sales reps rely on our IT department to create a report from an old legacy system. They also don't have to rely on standard out of the box reports that can be limited in scope. Phocas allows them to instantly dive into their sales data and find anything they need--from summary numbers to very specific sales data. In fact, this applies across all departments including management. The ease and flexibility of finding information is incredible.

PROS

Ease of use. Within seconds I can find the exact data I am looking for. It requires very little technical knowledge, however, I have set up many advanced sales--and even financial--reports using Custom Mode. The software loads quickly, and I have rarely encountered a bug. On the few occasions where I have emailed the support desk they ALWAYS respond quickly and have a solution implemented right away. This is definitely not the case with many other software companies that I deal with. I love Phocas.

CONS

This is very minor, but exporting reports could use some touch ups. Exporting to Excel comes with conditional formatting. Some users may like it, however I almost always remove the conditional formats because it dramatically slows down other functions I may perform with the data in Excel. Again, this is very minor as I understand the usefulness to some users of having the conditional formats already set up. I also occasionally print a report that displays in a weird format with regards to column headings and column widths.

Thomas

Reviewed August 2021

Why I recommend Phocas to all of my peers in this industry.

There isn't enough space to go through the numerous benefits I have gained since purchasing this software. I have reorganized sales territories based on overly concentrated vertical sales. Our team now has a place to review and track sales vs goals daily. I have a consolidated and by location view of my clients in an easy to find manner along with a customer stratification system to help manage margins, AR terms compliance, etc to educate the sales team on what we need to be doing differently with said accounts (spend more time, spend less, cross sell specific items....) . Like I say, I could spend all day on the benefits.

PROS

I have been exposed to 10 or more different operating systems over the course of my 26 year business career. NONE of them have provided adequate business intelligence tools. Phocas is highly intuitive and thorough which saves me hours per week of spreadsheet work. I cannot offer a better compliment than it being an amazing time management tool.

CONS

There are a few issues I have with loading budgets and working through Administrative User rights but that is an infrequent issue. I would like to have a few additional graphical options for data visualization but it works just fine as it is. What I like the absolute least is that we didn't add additional modules...accounting, pricing tools... and have no plans to do so in the near future due to budgetary contraints.

Josh

Phocas is a necessity!

Fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT], our Customer Success Consultant is amazing. She's readily available and knows exactly what she is doing. Their support staff is also very accommodating and knowledgeable. We've dealt with other software companies and they take their time and treat you like they don't need your business and over charge for routine services. Phocas is a true partner. A couple projects that were able to be successful with the use of Phocas is: Customer Stratification, Gap Analysis, Daily Inventory Analysis (Which was huge for this last year) and our Dead Stock process.

PROS

The ease of use. As an admin of Phocas, it was very easy to get our staff onboarded and very comfortable with day to day usage. If the staff isn't going to use the tool, then it's worthless no matter how great the data is.

CONS

Phocas is great at listening to our issues and roll out timely updates to add new features or fix issues.

Reason for choosing Phocas Software

They aligned with our culture of taking care of customers first. They aren't this big corporation that is out there to sell you a package and then walk away and let you figure out how to use it. They are beside us all the time and always willing to go above and beyond.

Reasons for switching to Phocas Software

MITS was outdated and not user friendly at the time.

Aman

Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Phocas Software: An In-Depth Review of Business Intelligence and Analytics Solutions

hocas Software is highly regarded as an effective business intelligence and analytics solution due to its user-friendly interface and customizable dashboards that enable easy data analysis and interpretation, even for non-technical users. The software's fast analytics capabilities are also a major advantage, making it ideal for businesses that need to process large amounts of data quickly and in real-time. Users have praised the software for its reliable performance and usefulness in facilitating data-driven decision-making.

PROS

Phocas Software is praised for its simple and intuitive interface, which enables me to navigate and analyze data in various ways. This feature is especially beneficial for businesses without dedicated data analysts, as it helps non-technical users to access and comprehend their data with ease.

CONS

Some users have pointed out that Phocas Software's integration options with other systems and tools are limited. This can be problematic for businesses that use various applications as it would force them to switch between different platforms to access all their data.

Hi Aman, thanks for leaving a review of Phocas. The key to making our system easy to use for complete exec, finance, ops and sales teams is the way we setup integrations with ERPs and other business systems to run automatically. If there is a system that you're really missing in your platform, get in touch and and we'd love to see what we can do to give you easy access to all your business data. Warm regards, Mike Hills Global Head of Customer

Martin

Building Materials, 501-1,000 employees

Reporting to masses

PROS

Phocas provided an ideal solution for producing the same views of information for Different job roles using the permissions in the background. This reduced our dependance on Excel reporting by around 60%

CONS

Phocas is more a visualisation tool rather than deep dive and planning is necessary to ensure output views meet the expected results, particular around columnar structure. That said it has had nothing but a positive impact on the Business reporting consumption by the masses.

muzaffar

Import and Export, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Phocas is the simplest dashboard and BI tool

happy and satisfied with the onboarding process and data presentation

PROS

User freindly and easy to understand reports and dashboard. In depth analysis with detailing of each parameter

CONS

not encountered anything that is not as per requirement

Reasons for switching to Phocas Software

The reporting structure of DEAR and XERO are very poor and provide zero customisation

Amber

Fantastic bit of kit

PROS

I love from an IT admin point of you how it allows users to build their own reports. Previously we had to write sql queries to get users the custom reports they required. Now users are confident to go in and have a go themselves. The software training academy and weekly live training sessions has allowed users to pick up the software easily.User friendly, very powerful tool. Always new features being added.

CONS

I believe their appears to be a bit of a backlog with the dev team currently so a few bugs aren't being resolved as quickly as they used to be.

Hi Amber, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, we love that managed to we've free you up from writing SQL queries every time a custom report was required! Our team works hard to quickly resolve issues and fix any bugs that our users find, so please let us know if you have anything in particular that isn't quite looking right: hello@phocassoftware.com Warm regards, Mike Hills Global Head of Customer

peter

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Quick data analysis that creates easy talking points and business opportunities

My experience is that the software is a major tool in my working day that allows me to tackle many business questions and come up with a solution or talking point via the data.

PROS

The Product is easy to use, clear and concise with a good simple view of the data.

CONS

Maybe some more different style's of graphs would be good.

Hi Peter, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, we love that you're able to quickly get to actionable data with Phocas. If you have any graphs or gauges that you are really missing from your dashboards we would like to know more - you can always email us at hello@phocassoftware.com Warm regards, Mike Hills Global Head of Customer

JJ

Building Materials, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Analytics in today's business environment

My overall experience with Phocas has been good from the start. They are prompt in with a response when you have an issue and will help you get the results you are looking for when utilizing custom searches and in-depth calculations.

PROS

Phocas is incredibly easy to use and helps you dig into an type of business analytics you can think of for your business.

CONS

There are not many of CONS that I have with Phocas, but the biggest issue I have is the lack of graphics for dashboards and the ability to truly customize those graphics. Also, the graphics can be a little quirky at times.

Shirley

Retail, 11-50 employees

A Game Changer!

the data from using Phocas has driven many key marketing and sales decisions with only positive results. We are now moving forwards in obtaining more data from our stock and purchasing databases to assist our Operations teams.

PROS

the ease of obtaining information in a usable way, and the speed at which we can get analysis of the data has been a game changer for our business! The dashboards are key for our teams and the alerts take the day to day thinking out of my hands!

CONS

There is nothing negative about this software from my perspective!

Donna

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 employees

Reviewed July 2021

Powerful tool for all level of users!! Simple, Intuitive, and Flexible!

Very user friendly, lots of learning opportunities, great customer support, very intuitive.

PROS

I love the ability to customize your data. I can run a high level report to summarize data another employee may need and with a few clicks can drill down to the details needed to create a more in-depth analysis of the data. I also love the flexibility of changing views, measures, dates, etc. with ease without starting from scratch.

CONS

I honestly can't think of anything I don't like. Customer Service in very customer-centric and work to use feedback to always make improvements.

Gene

Packaging and Containers, 501-1,000 employees

My experience

Use it everyday, helps service customers quickly.

PROS

Find out extended history on a customer; get transactional data over any specified time period; review usage by product category, vendor, customer, grade, order type, etc.

CONS

Can view on iPad, but not real clean: limiting fields in some of the functions tend to overlap making it impossible to do. Would like to abbreviate column headings, but can’t.

Bo

Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 employees

Phocas - Best Data Investigation Tool I've Seen

I love Phocas and would recommend it to businesses. Especially if you're a small or mid-sized business without a fully fleshed out data department.

PROS

Phocas makes it very easy to get data out in front of people. Users don't have to be super smart with data, however if they are at least mildly smart with data then it isn't just an easy solution to get data in front of them but then becomes incredibly powerful. Users will feel empowered to be able to dig into anything from high level sales to individual transactions.

CONS

The visualizations on Dashboards is lacking and could be improved. Also if you have some incredibly complex calculations then sometimes the way to implement that in Phocas isn't super straightforward.

Paper & Forest Products, 501-1,000 employees