Browse ABAdesk Reviews

Stacia L. from Shaping Positive Behaviors

Great Software

Pros

I am pleased with the software by ABADesk. I continue to learn and implement different features outlined on the software. I feel valued as a professional and the software is very cost effective for small business owners.

Cons

At this time, I do not have any items that I consider a con.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

User friendly, cost, value, quality

Laura from Charleston Pediatric Rehabilitation

My review is driven by data

At our company the ABA department has historically not been profitable due to the different authorization and billing methods we use compared to our company's other specialties (OT, PT, speech). ABA Desk is costing us less than half of what Catalyst was costing for better performance, the only thing we gave up when switching was cumulative graphs for programs that measure goal mastery criteria by the number of individual targets mastered.

Pros

It is intuitive and easy to use. I LOVE how easy it is to get to any target I need without changing the page I'm on. The customer service has been phenomenal--I daresay ABA Desk is the Chick Fil A of ABA software. The price point is reasonable. It is so easy to add new programs when genius strikes in the moment.

Cons

It is challenging that I cannot access an individual session note for printing, as my clients have MANY session notes and when we have documentation audits from insurance we only need one or two dates of service printed out. I wish I could have programs where the number of targets mastered was graphed cumulatively, rather than as % success for each individual target.

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

Straightforward/ease of use, and I liked that a BCBA developed it.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

Catalyst had numerous issues, and it was essentially a whack-a-mole situation where if one issue was addressed, two more new problems would occur. It often wouldn't even load or save our data. We have never had those issues with ABA Desk.

Rachael from Oxford Recovery Center

Great Overall But a Few Kinks

A roller coaster. Lots of good and an overall great concept, just some kinks and unreliability issues that need to be ironed out.

Pros

I like how everything you need is right at your fingertips. The clients, the past sessions, and once you start a session I like the interface with all of the programs listed and the ability to hit the question mark to see more given information. It’s aesthetic enough to not be an eyesore, but simple enough to not be confusing. I absolutely LOVE the new updates where now it saves Open Sessions in a separate area so if/when it crashes you’ll likely have a fall back and how it actually ASKS you if you want to clear your data.

Cons

It freezes up and deletes data seemingly at random. Even if I follow the solutions of the IT desk and follow their instructions exactly, there are still times when the data just disappears or the web page freezes. Luckily, more recently the Open Sessions has covered this. But more than half the time when I go to access past sessions at the end of the day, the page will freeze up to the point where I can’t log out of it.

Rachel from Rachel Olive

Affordable Basic Software

Every single time I needed help, the staff was prompt personal and professional. I would love to see the software grow and further develop to hit more complex practice needs. However, I'll take the superior customer service and stress free interface any day of the week.

Pros

As a practitioner with ADHD, the interface is soothing to my eyes. It's clean, not busy. The background color is not too bright. The simplicity of the programming and goal tracking set up is synthesized to the point it takes me a fraction of the time it took me to do the same tasks in Central Reach.

Cons

I need NEED need the option to graph performance with different practitioners as different lines on the same graph. I would also love to be able to graph rate of mands on the same graph I graph rate of maladaptive behavior. The ability to overlay graphs and have different trend lines is essential for my practice as I put a heavy emphasis on generalization phases and replacement behavior growth.

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

Superior customer service and interaction. Ease on my eyes with the layout.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

Too complicated, customer service too delayed, business needs were different.

Nikki from Keystone Achievements

ABA Desk: A New and Upcoming Data Software

I overall have had a positive experience with ABA desk! I love the functions it provides such as the supervisor questions, ensuring honest service times, the treatment report options, and how user friendly it is!

Pros

ABA desk is user friendly and the customer service is phenomenal. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is always willing to help!

Cons

I am excited for ABA desk to become more established (e.g. their new app coming soon) as well as an increase in functions (e.g. ABC data, removing the delete all button without a warning message, trend lines, averages of data, split data by therapist, notes being the newest at the top and oldest at the bottom).

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

CR is complicated and has a lot of functionalities we would not utilize. ABA was extremely user friendly and the customer service was of great quality.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

System errors without quality customer service.

Darcy from ABA Unlimited, LLC

Small business owner

Fantastic customer service.

Pros

I own a very small ABA practice and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful getting my clients set up and quickly answering any questions I have.

Cons

There are some functions that you have to find work arounds but they should be fixed with version 2.0.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

Theralytics isn't as functional and is more expensive.

Rory from Adapt ABA

ABA desk

The overall experience was great for my job!

Pros

I enjoy the ease of use and user friendly interface. The set up on the phone was perfect. The website was fast and interactive mix and easy to communicate with supervisors.

Cons

The session notes were a little all over the place, and the way you collect data wasn’t always easy, making you add more trials than necessary. The formatting was awful on the computer.

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

We are still testing ABA desk out.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

It has an awful set up, horrible user interface, and makes it difficult to do anything.

Elias from Eclipse Therapy

Industry: Mental Health Care

One of the Premier Data Capture Services out there!

Fantastic support, aid and minimal technical errors that occur on my end.

Pros

Ease of use and the automated treatment plan function.

Cons

More customizing freedom when it comes to developing goals within the program would be great. Its already awesome though!

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

What the company used but it was clear why they used it.

Brandi from Behavioral Health Fundamentals

Business owner, BCBA

I use this daily and love the program.

Pros

I love that data collection is so easy and I can pull it up at any time. I am able to access the graphed information and plan new goals much easier.

Cons

I could not copy and paste existing goals into the system, but once the origional goals are in...you are good to go when revising.

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

This program is far easier to use and much less costly. I just wish it would let me write reports in it as well.

Samantha from Adventures with Autism

ABA Desk for a small/medium company

ABA desk allows us to use online data collection systems and still manage to salary all of our direct care staff (this wouldn’t be possible with a system that costs as much as the others) which gives us much more flexibility and ability to serve our clients!

Pros

ABA desk is super affordable which is huge when you’re working on a tight fixed budget of health insurance reimbursement! The team is responsive to needs and fixes when they’re needed and it’s a pretty intuitive system.

Cons

We’d love some more flexibility in the ability to collect different types of data and some more control over pulling data for the company as a whole and/or site specific.

Cost

Kinga from 2020Behavior LLC

Very simple but does everything a BCBA needs without glitches!

Very positive, I wish I switched a long time ago after years of using different software and dealing with constant frustration due to glitches

Pros

1. ABA desk is extremely simple (It is basically a one page data sheet on a screen) - it is easy to switch from a different data collection system, or even from paper and pencil. After playing around for a couple of hours anyone will be able to set up programs with any type of measurement (rate, duration, percent, interval etc.) 2. Works well on ANY device - computer, tablet, phone. If your tablet is our of battery, you can just pull out your phone and continue your session, no problem. It works well even if internet connection is not great, as long as you are connected at the beginning of session and when you want to submit/end the session. 3. Price- ABA desk costs a FRACTION of the price of the competition and works better 4. As a BCBA you can review your data, add phaseline changes etc. immediately in the browser. Compared to the competition, I love that I can selectively collect data on certain responses e.g. there is no opportunity to emit the response during home session I simply do not turn on data collection for that response, and ABA Desk doesn't generate 0 like my previous software did. So, clinically it provides everything you need to measure and analyze client's progress. 5. You are able to create a library/curriculum and share programs between your clients or clients within your organization which saves time.

Cons

Right now, the only thing that is missing for me is being able to select which SOAP notes/session notes to download (per insurance requirement) There is a way to work around it - I can download all and delete the pages I don't need, but it would be nice to be able to have an option to select date range or specific sessions. Most insurance companies now require documentation pretty frequently.

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

No long-term contract required, low price, simple

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

Catalyst (by Data Finch) just kept having SERIOUS glitches, including missing data, errors in graphs that could lead to incorrect clinical decision making and problems with insurance reimbursement

Jill from Tten services

Simple data system

This product allows me as the owner to oversee all of my employees and clients at any time.

Pros

We have been through many similar products and they were too complicated, while this product is somewhat limited (compared to others) it is exactly what we need.

Cons

All it needs is narrative abc data! I also would like to have archived programs better organized.

Cost!

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

It was too expensive and complicated

Eric from Adventures with Autism

Smart choice for ABA Data

Our company has had a lot of success with ABADesk.

Pros

ABADesk is simple and easy to use. Instructional programs can be completely individualized but also can be generated from a bank of company-based programs. New users can be onboarded quickly. It provides data quickly, easily and without the physical storage needs of paper data.

Cons

There are currently a few limitations as to the type of data that can be gathered to design more complex instructional programs.

Stacey from The Behavior Place

ABA Desk

I don't mind it.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that it can be manipulated and the team behind it works to ensure its personalized to suit our company's needs.

Cons

When entering programs I am unable to go back and add data that may have not been entered correctly. Once submitted there is no going back and changing percentages only notes.

Graphs

Christian from Kids and Family Counseling

Overall review of ABA desk from a User

It is an awesome and easy program to use.

Pros

The ease of implementation of new tracking behaviors and the organized structure when recording data. Back up data in the case of a shutdown or accidental close is there meaning I don't have to start from scratch. Great ease of use and super easy to use with all data inputs being on one page.

Cons

Occasionally, the back-ups will duplicate meaning every time I log on I will see a log for a day I have already submitted meaning I have to go through a new prompt screening asking to resume existing session or create new, I used to delete but this has grown tiresome. Also, occasionally, if I type somethings a certain time frame of data will be 'reset' resulting in loss of all data (frequency) and some, if not all, word loss, this may not be the fault of ABA desk but rather internet connection but then it is also not saved so I have to retype everything, though this is not very frequent so that's good.

Isabelle from ABAH

Such an easy software to use

The overall experience I’ve had with ABAdesk is positive.

Pros

I use this software daily for work in aba, its ease of use is amazing and the quality of service is great too. The software saves data locally, so I always have a reliable source to keep my data in. Compared to other softwares, it is very smooth and non-glitchy. I’m glad the organization I work with uses this software over others.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about the software, anytime I’ve had an issue such as entering the date and time for data capture I have reached out to customer support and they have been quick to resolve the issue.

Jen from Sprout

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great produce and even better customer service

Our overall experience with ABADesk has been amazing. The founders have really taken all factors into consideration when creating an easy to use produce that encompasses everything that is needed.

Pros

ABA desk is easy to use and definitely takes the “on the ground” needs into consideration. You can tell it was developed by a clinician for clinicians and techs in our field. The customer service is fantastic. Questions are answered really quickly and ongoing support and tutorials are just a click away.

Cons

I wish their was billing services attached to it.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

Too expensive and overly complicated.

Rachel from View Point Health

ABADesk: Easy utilization and affordable

It eliminates tons of paperwork and storage of raw data. For a small ABA agency, it works really well for collecting data, reviewing data, and making treatment changes

Pros

The data collection in real time is good, it is easy for my therapists to use effectively.

Cons

I don’t like that there isn’t an automatic prompt fade feature, because I have to go onto every program daily and update the prompt levels

Affordability

Justine from Center for Thoughtful Lasting Change

ABA Desk - Value and Ease of Use

Has made data collection faster and easier so more time is spent on teaching, has allowed supervisors to review progress from any location and work more conveniently on client data collection, is exciting for staff to use.

Pros

How easy it is to learn as an admin and to teach staff, comes pre-set with enough functionality to meet our immediate needs, customer service.

Cons

Some missing features - see previous notes. Would like a bit more customization options - mostly attaching supervisor notes to sessions ran by BI.

Price, ease of use.

Devon from Keystone Achievements

review 6/10/2021

overall experience has been good

Pros

allows for variety of measurement options, drop downs are user friendly, programs explanations are visible to staff running session.

Cons

multiple steps necessary to ensure session info isn't lost if staff log out or time out on device, not a clear place for updates or supplemental documents

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

Bank of company programs, questions for supervisors

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

no longer able to support our growth, did not allow for memberships to exceed a certain number

Brandi from The Behavior Place

Aba services

It has been great bit i would like to see a few changes made

Pros

I love this software but there would be a few changes i would love like being able to edit trials names after data has been collected and more trials being able to be added for discontinuous measurements

Cons

The inability to edit trials i would like to see a change in this area

Bryanna from Sage health

From the RBT perspective

Pros

It makes data collection very easy. I like that whenever I have a question their support team does get back to me quickly. There are some parts that aren’t my favorite but we make it work at my company and I haven’t had many problems. Great for simple programs

Cons

There isn’t a lot of room to create more complex programs. Also the prompt levels are limited. I wish there was a way to see all the questions to your supervisor in one place (I haven’t found it if there is).

Latocia from Auspice ABA Services

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Love the portal! However, improvements can make it even more amazing...

I love it.

Pros

I love that it is easy to navigate and manure through. Inputting programs, therapist and parents (I put them in as therapist) is a breeze.

Cons

If it were an app it would probably be better for the therapist when running lessons. Unfortunately the system for them supplies a lot of glitches. For example, lessons not allowing them to save sessions, sometimes not being able to start a session after lunch and/or returning from lunch. Clicking in and out of the system to track behaviors is not an easy task when the system times out. Administer wise, having to reset lessons could be better. Treatment plan page doesn't allow me to generate reports for clients with large files/data. Phase change line on the graph is not readable. A parent portal would be beneficial as well. Having a parental session for their goals and skill acquisition targets would also be helpful.

Reasons for Switching to ABAdesk

The systems were not easy to navigate through

Response from Mingo Solutions

Replied June 2021

Hi Latocia, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I noticed that a few issues you mentioned can be easily remedied with a brief training session. If you're open to this, please book a demo on the website and I'll work with your team to fill in any gaps.

Brandi from The Behavior Place

ABA Desk Administrative Utilization

Pros

Data collection accuracy, template building features, ease of navigation

Cons

I did not like that session notes could not be entered out of consecutive order. For example, if a session note was not entered on June 1, it could not be entered on June 8 if other sessions had been entered since then. To get around this obstacle, you have to create a missing session note using a false date, submit it, then open it back up to edit it to the correct date.

Anna from Lexington One School District

Great way to take data

Pros

This is user friendly and a great way to keep track of data.

Cons

Have a monthly average of all the programs.

Deanna from The core project

Love the graphs

Pros

I love that I have updated graphs from each session. Entering new goals are easily when pulling from a company list!

Cons

I wish you could edit data. Sometimes mistakes happen and it would be great to edit or delete a data point. When goals are Mastered they are archived. I have a huge list of archived goals and now it’s getting Confusing. Having folders or a way to organize would be great.

Cheyanne from The Behavior Place

Great ABA Data Collection

Pros

Very user-friendly, nice graphics, perfect for multiple members on one case

Cons

Wish there was a way to see the running percentage of trials for the session, would also be nice if the intervals didn't time out if you click off of it

Amy from Boma Learning Centre Inc

Gorgeous system

Pros

Easy to use and for therapists to track data. It moves data from baseline to treatment to maintenance automatically which is great. This site never crashes, the customer service is incredible.

Cons

Would like to see a couple of small changes which are coming soon anyways. Very happy with how it is already, I am just very anal and so it will be nice when it’s perfect.

Carla from Renee Oneil Center for Child Development & Research

Enjoying the product

Pros

Integration was super easy with our practice and data collection is easy and intuitive.

Cons

Their raw data is super hard to read, would prefer it to just be overall raw score for each program.

Cyndy from Autism and Developmental Consultation

Industry: Alternative Dispute Resolution

Life saving!

I have loved using this software. The [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been so helpful in navigating how to use this and I will never go back to paper.

Pros

I love that I was able to go completely electronic with this app! I literally use zero paper anymore and I used to have so many files worth of paper that I hate it to waste.

Cons

There's nothing that I just like about this software.

Taylor from Achievement Center for Therapy

ABA Desk review

Pros

I love the ease of online data collection

Cons

I would like to be able to edit the program when it is already in the client's list. For example, If i find that the data collection should actually be prompt level instead of +/-

Jenny from BBS

ABADESK

Amazing!

Pros

What I liked most was the accessibility

Cons

The fact that you had to click positive by positive & negative by negative instead of having it come out automatically

Daniel Joseph from Keystone

Good stuff

Great

Pros

Easy to use easy to correct your mistakes as well as easy to navigate and read

Cons

Color prices are not preferred due to my car blindness but regardless it is not hard on the eyes

Nick from Beacon of Hope

Aba desk

I had a great experience.

Pros

This software is easy to use and protects client information.

Cons

I wish that it was more mobile friendly. And quicker.

Dayna from Sage Health

Makes My Job Easy

It allows me to capture what I need to capture while on the job and I don’t have have to spend any time off the clock doing manual paperwork. I love that

Pros

I started working in the healthcare industry at the beginning of 2021 and was happy to learn the company I work for has this software so that we do not have to mess around with pencils and paper to collect our data!

Cons

Sometimes when I’m trying to launch a new day of data collecting for my clients, it needs to be refreshed or I have to cancel out of the screen in order to initially start their new page because their programs don’t populate. This doesn’t happen all the time, but it can be frustrating when it happens

Iamina Diana from NY Center for Autism Treatment.

Excellent Platform

I am able to check off tasks completed for each goal. It is easier than using pen and paper.

Pros

The product is easy to use. I love that I can keep track of progress with goals. It helps me see what goals need more work.

Cons

I found it frustrating to keep logging in when I need to input data during my session.

Yenil from Best behavioral solutions

Very impressed

Pros

It is very user friendly and it facilitates the data taking process

Cons

Connection error can happen often in difficult areas.

Trevor from Positive behavior supports corp

Good platform that is still developing.

Great! Any errors have been user related and easily resolved

Pros

Easy to use. Simple interface. Continued updates improve quality of life.

Cons

Notes for individual trials feels important to me. I think having ABC data entries be separate and not in one text box would be most efficient.

Jaylah from Beyond aba

Aba dash review

Pros

I liked how easy it was to maneuver throughout the website to each of my clients quickly and easy

Cons

I disliked all the glitches and when my supervisors would try and get into contact with this company it’s always a long wait for the ticket to even get resolved.

Sarah from Heartspring

Very Thankful

I really like how quickly I can input data. This is a great product!

Pros

I like how easy it is to maneuver. It stores all my notes which can easily be accessed at any time.

Cons

I hope that when putting in the date perimeters, it can stop saying “invalid date/time” multiple times.

Carisa from Consultants for Children

Good product

Pretty good overall, but lacking in some areas. Multiple data points on similar data fields is hard to do. Ex: attributes (small vs large) are difficult to trackk on ABADesk.

Pros

Easy to learn and use. Not too bad for basic data but doesn't allow for more nuanced data collection, such as multiple exemplars of a single target

Cons

Doesn't capture all the nuances in data collection. Graphs are not easy to access or transfer to other platforms to share with parents/guardians

Response from Mingo Solutions

Replied June 2021

Hi Carisa, Thanks for sharing! I've spoken with a few people from your company about how we can increase flexibility in data collection with the new version we're developing. Feel free to reach out with your specific use cases so we can be sure to target those with the new version.

Alyson from Sunflower Early Education Center

Great product!

This product has saved a lot of time and paper. We used to collect all data with paper and pencil, then transfer the data to a spreadsheet. We then used to spreadsheet to create graphs. ABAdesk has eliminated this step and has saved us many hours!

Pros

ABAdesk is very user friendly and does not require extensive training to get started. We are able to collect all data electronically and the data is graphed automatically. This saves a great deal of time!

Cons

I have not found anything that I would change about the software at this time. However, it is fairly new to us so we are still learning all of the capabilites.

Cost and ease of use.

Barbara from Missouri Behavior Consulting, LLC

Great data management software with top notch customer support

Pros

Setting up data collection needs is a snap. I'm not completely tech illiterate, but I've used other systems before and have had to refer to help guides repeatedly in the past. ABAdesk is simple enough that it's possible to get things ready to go after a demo session. Even better, if there are questions, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is available and incredibly helpful in making sure that things get fixed and resolved.

Cons

The software does everything that it claims to do, and more!

Portia from Behavior Genius

The best platform for our start up!

Pros

The platform is User-friendly and built by a BCBA!

Cons

No complains at all. We used the program for over a year with zero complaints.

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

Easier to use, better customer service, and a better price.

Jolene from Innovate ABA

Behavior therapist perspective

Pros

Being able to see other therapists’ session notes was helpful in order to gauge client progress.

Cons

I can’t input my data if another therapist, whose session is after mine, already submitted theirs.

Sarah from Personal Growth Services

Everyone loves aba desk!

Pros

ABA Desk is so easy to use! You can customize programs, store programs in a program bank, and have staff collect data in real time. The website saves itself often so you never have to worry about losing the data. My staff love how easy it is navigate and collect data.

Cons

It doesn't sync up with billing softwares. There's only one signature box. It is not good for having multiple session notes (bt vs bcba).

Reasons for Choosing ABAdesk

The software was affordable and so high quality. Love how easy it is to add users and update client stuff.

Deirdre from The Learning Center for the Deaf

School based BCBA

Pros

I like the ability to be able to capture data in the moment.

Cons

-0’s (events or minutes) cannot be downloaded on the excel spreadsheets -Can’t determine averages for specific date ranges

Stacy from Positive Behavior Supports, Corp

Industry: Mental Health Care

ABAdesk is great for beginners and professionals

Pros

What I like most about this software is the user-friendly format.

Cons

I feel that the list of prompts (verbal, partial physical, etc) could be improved and expanded

April from Keystone Achievements

Needs updates

Frustrating.

Pros

I don’t like a ABA desk it’s not easy to use and the functions are hard to access

Cons

We need access to behavioral plans. This feature is not available. Short cut buttons needed for frequency data.

Company change

Angelica from Aba health care

Amazing

Pros

It’s easy to use! The trials were great to learn

Cons

The time change setting would have errors pop up until finished putting session start time and end time