All CareStack Reviews

Tim

Carestack review

PROS

I've been through several major software transitions during my time as a manager at Fortune 500 companies, so I knew how important choosing a management software would be. Carestack has been supportive, actively engaged, and willing to push out new features based on our feedback. Their support team is extremely responsive, and their innovation driven mindset has created significant value for our locations

CONS

Just like anything, you get out of it what you put into it. Spending the necessary time up front to ensure that the functionality was there for our needs was a big lift, but it ultimately paid off.

Reason for choosing CareStack

Carestack's approach to the dental market is vastly superior to other dental practice management software. The level of innovation combined with the depth of engineering has made Carestack an integral part of our entire operation.

Rob

Reviewed February 2024

Our All-in-one PMS started us up!

The platform is really an all-in-one option and saves our office time and money by requiring fewer hardware elements, and fewer software integrations.

PROS

Has all the features we need + the support to help when we need. Also: a true interest in improving the product with regular updates that don’t break the software.

CONS

All software is imperfect and has a learning curve. The marketing/communications tools are basic, but improving. Sometimes there are too many ways to do the same thing. This can make the initial onboarding a bit more confusing.

Reason for choosing CareStack

Combination of features, pricing, stability, and support.

Monica

Reviewed May 2024

Great Cloud based solution

So far CareStack's customer support has been great! Very responsive and knowledgeable.

PROS

Love that it is an all-inclusive solution to the multiple applications our office was using for a modern Endodontics office. I no longer have to pay separately for patient engagement and digital forms or run a separate 3 party electronic claims solution.

CONS

I was a huge learning curve from the legacy software we were moving away from and I would like to see more professional referral letters.

Reason for choosing CareStack

It came with a recommendation from another specialty dental practice.

Reasons for switching to CareStack

Wanted an all-inclusive cloud-based solution.

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2022

Bookkeeper's nightmare

I am struggling to provide the same service to my employer as I was before onboarding CareStack. CareStack costs about three times as much as our previous service, but it has about a third of the reporting capabilities. My primary task with the software is to track income based on multiple providers at multiple practice locations, and it takes about an extra 10-15 hours per week to manually extrapolate the data which had been accessible at the click of a button with previous softwares. Based on the way the reports are designed, I don't believe the engineers even know the difference between production and collection, as those terms pertain to a medical/dental practice. I've had a support ticket in for seven months, and whenever I check in to see if there's any progress (about once a month), I'm told to be patient, and then asked what the problem was again. You know that feeling you get when someone’s six-year-old answers the phone and says they’ll remember your message?

PROS

The layout is intuitive. It's easy to learn and understand how things are supposed to work. Multiple locations are able to share data seamlessly.

CONS

Collections reporting is severely insufficient. Customer support seems to exist only to deflect and forget.

Reasons for switching to CareStack

Increased integration for multiple offices.

Robert

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 51-200 employees

The Evolution of Carestack

We have been a customer for 6 years and we have had an excellent experience with Carestack and expect this to continue in years to come

PROS

The people of Carestack are their #1 resource. The support from all the Teams in responding to our requests has always been exceptional.

CONS

Sometimes slow integration of products that we may want.

Reason for choosing CareStack

Customer Support and the personal relationships

Reasons for switching to CareStack

Increased capacity and innovation with Carestack and the promise of a more robust platform

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

The switch we should have done sooner!

Use of the software has been pleasant so far. The support that is quickly accessible is very convenient when you are in need of help quick.

PROS

Easy to use, very user friendly. We have found more efficiencies converting from our old software to CareStack.

CONS

There are a lot of features that takes a while to get to learn. Sometimes it is difficult to find resources in the resource center, however, you end up finding what you need to help you vs having to contact support.

Reasons for switching to CareStack

We switched from Dentrix to CareStack as we were wanting to transition from a server based software to a cloud based software.

Haranchal

Complete Software Platform

CareStack is a big powerful tool. I am a single unit operator, but there is a lot of capability and options for multiple practice management as well. My team and I are very happy with the software because of its capabilities and the support team at CareStack which helps us become more efficient every day. I haven't had to increase the number of team members while I have been able to increase collections.

PROS

I am a big fan of this software. I evaluated a few options and chose CareStack because I could access the software on any computer through a browser and the cost of support was included in the monthly price. I felt that the training material was polished and professional which makes learning and teaching CareStack easy. There are so many features that I cannot do it justice in this post. I highly recommend that you go talk to them and setup a demo. My favorite feature is that CareStack provides unlimited support using their chat which is hosted in the USA by people who are already familiar with dentistry like assistants and office managers. Sometimes, the support team can provide the answer before we are able to ask the questions. The support is also available during weekends! A few other notes, scheduling is intuitive, plenty of built-in tools like automated call/text/email reminders, imaging bridges, payment processing, and the list goes on. CareStack is very stable, the new updates seem to be thoroughly tested and new features are added regularly. With the pandemic, the staff spends less time in the office by doing remote work (scheduling/insurance/payments) and for patients CareStack provided a “Text to Pay” feature for contactless payments. Patients are also able to schedule themselves along with see their information in a Patient Portal. This software has reduced the amount of time we spend "stuck" and allow us to fly. Did I mention, that this software is FAST!

CONS

Learning curve can feel like a constant Fire Hose. Lots of features and knobs and new processes that had to be designed to work with modern software. The team is learning new things every day and finding ways to use the software more efficiently. We are still finding ways to extract more value out of this software. Patient Portal and Administration needs more refinement. Fortunately, patients don't really use this feature right now, but I would expect CareStack to have significant improvements in the next year or so to lead the industry in Customer Experience. I think future customers will expect to see their records and their patient notes, history, and essentially be able to communicate with the Dental team through the portal.

Reason for choosing CareStack

We chose CareStack over the other products because they didn't offer the number of features and capabilities in an all-inclusive price. CareStack offered a stable, predictable price considering the number of features that are needed for a new dental practice was a great value. The hard part is getting off the ground and setting up the team to work with the tool but that only took a couple of weeks.

Araceli

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to learn and Simple to use

Easy , Fast and simple ! Overall it has made my Job much easier since as we all know Admins always have a lot going on ! Thank you CareStack !

PROS

What I love about Carestack is that it is so fast and easy to schedule an appointment and moring from tabs to tabs. I love how quickly you can search a statement , chart note , Appointment with a simple click ! It also makes Scheduling easier because as soon as you create an appointment you can just move that same appointment around without having to create a whole new one. ! As well they have a great support team for any questions you may have !

CONS

Honestly as far as i have been using it there is nothing i least like about CareStack

lacee

Softdent to Carestack- WE NEVER LOOKED BACK

My overall experience has been great! I have to give so much credit to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. SHE NEEDS TO BE GIVEN A HIGHER POSITION and a bonus for that matter. She was the most kind, helpful, positive representative that I HAVE EVER EVER MET. She not only helped with anything she could and if she couldn't she had someone else from other software company that we were changing from and installing X-rays systems she went ABOVE AND BEYOND for us and STILL DOES. I can ask her something at any time and she will always get back to me and my team. NO ONE HAS HELPED AS MUCH AS HER.. she should be the trainer for all new account managers. She has made the carestack experience for sure so easy and was always very calming when dealing with me I can be a bit of a much.

PROS

Carestack is very FAST! I start with that because for years I stared at a spinning wheel everytime I needed to open a new section in softdent. We like carestack because its cloudbase and we can connect from anywhere even during a power outage from our phones. ( yes, this already happened) THE CLAIM Section is the best I feel so ontop of claims and the information you get when its rejected and or denied and or missing information. The applications are very helpful and user friendly. We have been in love with our curb side check- in which has been an amazing new feature with all the pandemic happening right now. The reports are easy to read and make it super easy to get information very fast and efficient.

CONS

If I am being honest I TRULY wish it was easier to change procedure codes once they have been completed and entered by clinical staff and then that evening or next day after they check the Daily Journal for the day and notice something is incorrect. If I wanted to change a provider if its incorrect or take a price out if the doctor changes it last min and he doesnt want a charge. Its not very user friendly and it still makes my head hurt when I have to change something.

Reason for choosing CareStack

The images being able to transfer with the software. Dentrix didn't offer this service.

Reasons for switching to CareStack

We wanted to go to cloud base and get rid of our server. Softdent was not up to snuff and needs to get with the new programs.

Freedonia

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Carestack Review

PROS

Easy learning and carestack university

CONS

the set up of ortho cases

Tyler

Medical Practice, 2-10 employees

Big fan!

We LOVE it and have referred several doctors so far.

PROS

I love how efficient this software makes our office run. They are always moving with the times and making sure we have what we need!

CONS

There’s seriously not anything that I don’t like!

Reason for choosing CareStack

Carestack did everything we needed it too and they really have great customer service

Reasons for switching to CareStack

Because Dentrix nickeled and dimed us for everything and the interface never changed.

Cheyenne

5 Stars for Carestack!

Overall an amazing experience using Carestack didn't take me long at all to learn how to use.

PROS

Easily learnable with plenty of resources to guide you.

CONS

So far nothing Carestack has been great for me and my team.

Elizabeth

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Carestack review

Its amazing on how fast they are to respond on any question you might have or need help with they are there at hand

PROS

How they train you and how easy it is to learn

CONS

There is nothing to not like about the soft wear

Elsie

Reviewed January 2024

More than meets the eye!

PROS

The Team and how it over sees the day to day actions.

CONS

The Insurance features are over complicated.

Reason for choosing CareStack

Integration with more features as listed above.

Reasons for switching to CareStack

We out grew them and had to outsource for help on features like texting, perio charting text-to-pay, and e-prescriptions.

Penny

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Very positive

Normal. Be 10 however they rating. Should higher than that

PROS

The team members. They are always there. Walk you thru process. From beginning. To end. They truly listen. All your concerns. And developing team. Is amazing

CONS

I have. No negative experience. All concerns do get resolved. In timely. Matter

Reason for choosing CareStack

The team. The time. They took to show software and actual software iwell design and efficient

Reasons for switching to CareStack

I need. More from my software. To be global setting to be able too Run 18 offices.

Rasheeda

Medical Practice, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2023

Carestack has been a game changer for my dental office.

A great experience with amazing support. When we started we had a team to help us with questions on how to properly use the software and set it up. Even after training we could ask questions any time. Following the set up and training period we had coaching session. These sessions helped us learn how to use the software and reports to do better business. Since those sessions have ended, we have never had an issue getting support when there is an issue or concern with the software.

PROS

The system is user friendly and does not take hours of training. Patient enjoy the patient portal and the kiosk check in option. Carestack allows us to have online booking options, digital forms and streamlines the entire process within the office. Billing is easier and collecting payments from patient with the text to pay option has been a game changer. Our phone system is connected to Carestack and when patients call or text we easily can pull up there chart to properly assist them. I am able to log in on my phone, tablet and computer anywhere and at any time. My favorite feature is absolutely the teledentistry options in the system. You can schedule the patient directly on the appointment book and do the appointment in the software. This allows ease to access patient records and take notes during the appointment. There are no extra clicks or extra windows.

CONS

Would like the option to send secure messages through system

Maki

Pros and cons of Carestack

Overall, I think customer service is great. That is why I kept Carestack. If your representatives are not friendly and helpful, I would've changed softwares. I really think the problem with MiCamp is a BIG headache. And I am disappointed that Carestack is not following up with that.

PROS

Able to send insurance electronically. Able to send text message and emails to patients for recalls, appointment reminders, campaigns, etc. Customer service is good--keep it up! Most of the employees are knowledgable and friendly. I've had a few who didn't know they were doing and was kept on hold very long. So I would recommend to have your newer customer service rep be a little more knowledgable before putting them in charge of customer service.

CONS

Currently, I don't like and very unhappy with how MiCamp works. They are very slow, shady, and unprofessional. They have charged me $499/year--I don't think any merchant services company I've worked in the past (e.g. Elavon) has charge me an annual fee (and I was told about the annual fee AFTER I signed up with Carestack). Carestack keeps on saying, "You have to deal with MiCamp because they have their own rules"--but Carestack is that one that recommended MiCamp. When I was deciding if I should sign up with CareStack or Easy Dental or other software companies, Carestack made it sound like MiCamp will work with the patient portal without any problem--which is one of the main reason why I chose Carestack. I've had Carestack for over a year now, and MiCamp and Carestack are still saying, "we are working on the patient portal"--but I really don't know when or if it's going to work...

Reason for choosing CareStack

Had much more sophisticated features. Heard that customer service was good.

Reasons for switching to CareStack

Wanted a cloud-based practice management software

Gabriella