What are Practice-Web users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Practice-Web software through verified user reviews

• icon"Good supporting and user friendly and constant improving."
  • icon"Chart is easy to customized to specific patient needs and findings. All the modules are interconnected and operation becomes flowless."
  • icon"Like most dental practice management software, the basic functions are relatively easy to use, but does require some time to remember what all of the functions are and where to find them."
  • icon"I have found very few items to complain about. Some functions can be difficult to learn but effectiv when mastered."
  • icon"Some features are not fully or easily customizable."
  • icon"Not user friendly and their training was totally inadequate to understand how to implement it into our practice."

Browse all Practice-Web Reviews

• Have you used Practice-Web and would like to share your experience with others?

Kenneth

December 2021

Practice-Web .vs. OpenDental .vs. EagleSoft .vs. Denticon

Texting with in product, newsletters, reviews, smart CallerID add on package, eRx add on.

Pros

I find the ease of charting and treatment planning; it is uncomplicated and straightforward! Software support is very personalized, and I rely on the support for problem resolution, upgrades and usage/training.

Cons

Lack of “cloud” support, but they add Doctor Portal now which helps

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

Texting with in product, newsletters, reviews, smart CallerID add on package, eRx add on and partnership with DentalXchange

Cost, support, mirror OpenDental foundation

Dental Management Software

I have been using this software since January 2006 and it has enabled me to be more productive and more efficient and confident in my clinical and business record keeping.

Pros

This Dental Management Software is excellent. Comprehensive record keeping that is easy to use. I like how the software is set up with separate modules that are easy to use.

Cons

There are so many features that there is a learning curve that takes some time to incorporate all the potential features of this software.

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

Practice-Web is a open source software and allows the user to install its programs on unlimited computers without paying for each installation. It is an excellent software product with excellent customer service and support. The database is MySQL which is fast and efficient. My only regret is that I did not implement this product 15 years sooner when it came out in the early 1990s.

Response from Practice-Web

Thanks so much for your kind words, Dr. G! We appreciate your loyalty all these years and are thrilled Practice-Web has helped boost your production and efficiency! Just an FYI- if anyone on your team is still learning or you onboard someone new, we have a wealth of training videos in the Resources section of Practice-Web.com and also on our YouTube channel (they're grouped into playlists by job area there too). We also recommend following us on other social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn), as we share a lot of tips and how-tos there as well. And, as you know, support is always just a call or email away! The team is happy to walk you or your staff through any areas that are unclear. :)

Replied July 2021

Anthony

March 2022

Essential Office Helper

Pros

Customer service available to help ease the integration into the office dental practice. Software has a large array of tasks to utilize.

Cons

Not all tasks are intuitive. A few times customer service had to circle back to help with a problem or challenge.

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

Practice Web took over this business

NICHOLAS

The downs of Practice Web

None, there are countless unresolved issues that we are having on a daily basis.

Pros

Really nothing...way to many issues in using it!

Cons

Not user friendly and their training was totally inadequate to understand how to implement it into our practice!!

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

They sold out to Practice Web....

Response from Practice-Web

We appreciate your loyalty to DataTeam DDS and we strive to make the transition to Practice-Web as smooth as possible for our Datateam clients. We provided your office with over 8 hours of training and made sure to follow up with your team regular post training to make sure any questions were answered. Please note that if you have any unanswered questions or unresolved concerns our technical support team will be happy to help.

Anthony

Practice-Web Practice Management Software

Overall, we are very pleased with Practice-Web.

Pros

This open-source software does everything we need for our daily operations, and now allows us to e-prescribe as well. The support team is always helpful, and everyone at the company, from the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] on down the chain has been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

The integration process was tricky, and a bit complex, but once done, performs well. Integration with prior data sets was the biggest challenge.

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

Data Team DDS was becoming outdated, and didn't offer the features we needed. Practice-Web allows us to easily text or email reminders for our patients to help reduce missed appointments.

George

Wouldn't change it for any other program

Pros

Very easy to use and way more features than we need.

Cons

Initially the graphics. They have greatly improved since then and now it looks great.

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

Price for the things they offered and support

Panadda

March 2022

My Practice-Web Using Experience

Pros

Software is powerful and easy to use. It is easy to integrate and works quite well with my Owandy QuickVision imaging software.

Cons

E-Prescribe should be included in the software.

Azita

May 2022

Dental office management review

Pros

customer service, user friendly and very knowledgeable.

Cons

Customer ledger or statement , some area of billing

JoAnne

May 2022

Ease of use

Pros

complete program, covers all aspects of a dental practice

Cons

still integrating won't know until used more

Data Team was ending

Johnny

April 2022

Start Up

Pros

Easy to integrate with different kinds of dental devices.

Cons

Life Training days/hours available are on weekdays, but they have recorded videos

Colleague recommended.

Kenneth

Practice-Web

I use Practice-Web for all insurance, accounting, and basic practice management related functions. During this CoViD-19 pandemic, I've used the texting and emailing of forms to minimize the use of paper.

Pros

I was familiar with it, since I had a free version of one of the earlier editions. It met most of my needs at the time, and offered upgrades for future needs. It allows a link to Dentimax X-Ray software, and is somewhat customizable. Like most dental practice management software, the basic functions are relatively easy to use, but does require some time to remember what all of the functions are and where to find them.

Cons

Some features are not fully or easily customizable. Someone without more advanced computer experience couldn't use some of the features. Although link to Dentimax software opens the program to a specific patient, it sometimes gets the wrong patient, and doesn't upload images automatically. All images most be uploaded manually. Some features, like texting and emailing from Practice-Web, don't always work. Customer support rep says if I pay for an additional upgrade, it might work better. In order to use some features, some security features must be disabled.

DentiMax

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

Was already familiar with product

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

Initially it was free( Freedental). Requirements were basic treatment recording, dental claims, and accounting. This software met those needs.

Response from Practice-Web

Thanks for your kind words and for choosing Practice-Web all these years! We work hard to make sure dentists like you can maximize the value of Practice-Web with our production and revenue-boosting tools. Most of what you've mentioned can be solved by our friendly Support Team. The x-ray issue, for example, is usually because an assistant or hygienist might have added a patient directly into your imaging software instead of using Practice-Web's built-in bridge. If your imaging software lets you to edit the patient number, we can easily fix that! For texting, we replaced our older service (that required you to input the phone carriers and is no longer supported by many of them as of 2019) with an amazing new texting service. Now you can do automated appointment confirmations, reminders, recalls, marketing, two-way texting and much more right from within Practice-Web! We're happy to give you a FREE 30-day trial. We'll be in touch very soon!

Replied February 2021

Fernando

LIVING WITH PRACTICE WEB.

Because information is available save some time , Insurance coverage, max allowances , procedures unscheduled, and if you sign for support the team would be there for you when need it.

Pros

Chart is easy to customized to specific patient needs and findings. All the modules are interconnected and operation becomes flowless. Information is just one click away.

Cons

I'll like to be able to send pictures/ x-rays within the referral forms.

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

At that time it was the most complete software in the market not sure if there is any better or more complete than Practice Web. I DO NOT NEED TO FIND OUT

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

I started using Easy Dental when it was a DOS version not even window then transition to the windows version. First i wanted to write RX from the computer but that was an additional module on Easy Dental ,then i wanted to show the patient specifics on their chart. I was in need of quite a few features that were not available with in the same software. Started looking for solution and got few samples was not satisfied until found PRACTICE WEB

Response from Practice-Web

Thanks for your kind words! There is a way to have images on referral slips. Call 800.845.9379 (opt 2) when you have a moment and our Support Team will walk you through it. Medcohere (our referral management Smart Tool) provides the functionality as well.

Maria

Most incredible customer support team

I love practice web. I so happy with my purchase.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and includes everything needed for compliance purposes.

Cons

Not having the option to edit the price and cost of procedures in an excel (Microsoft) format is a bit laborsome when you have to adjust pricing after a treatment plan has already been entered. At the moment, if I need to edit the cost of a procedure, I have to open each procedure entered and adjust the price individually. It would be great if we can adjust the pricing on a procedure without having to click and open each procedure.

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

because your customer service representatives are very knowledgeable and helpful. They explained everything with such ease and they are always available when I have questions. The other reason for choosing practice web is that it is a complete charting solution. It has everything I need.

Response from Practice-Web

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! It means a lot. We're thrilled you're thriving with Practice-Web and glad the Support team is delivering great service. For the procedure fees question, you can update several procedure fees very quickly at once in the Procedure Code List in Practice-Web. Our support team reached out to you to demo this, but please call us at 800.845.9379 for help today. We look forward to helping you thrive!

Replied June 2021

Gundong

Good support everytime I need it.

Pros

It is simple easy to use. Have most of the functions I need to run my dental office

Cons

There still are some bugs that needs to be fixed. no Major problems

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

PRACTICE WEB IS MORE EAST TO USE WITH CHEAPER FEE.

Response from Practice-Web

Your review made our day! We're constantly updating Practice-Web to add new functionality and rigorously test before each release. If you feel that a feature is not functioning properly, please contact our support and we'll be happy to help!

cudick

software update

I am a very satisfied customer, today 1/7/2021 I [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped me update my practice web software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very knowledgeable and patient, he guided me thru all the process succesfully. Thanks [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

It is user friendly, not too expensive, superb technical support like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Cons

I dont have any issues with this software, we all like it at the office.

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

practice web is a better dental software

Response from Practice-Web

Thank you for sharing your feedback on the affordability and power of Practice-Web! We shared your review with the Support Team and it made our day!

Shikha

Industry: Cosmetics

Best dental office software

My overall experience is very good and it’s very easy to use. Their monthly support system is also excellent I highly recommend to use their monthly support.

Pros

I have been using Practice-Web for my dental office needs! I started using this software in 2008 and we have been upgrading our office to the latest version 20.3 today. This software is very friendly and easy to use. Over the years I had multiple staff come and go and they were easily trained to use this software. The software continues to change and improve with new features that are very helpful. The most liked part of the software is the ease to use of this software.

Cons

This software is very difficult not to like. It doesn’t have too many flaws. The only thing that was a problem had to do with HMO insurances however even that I learned to work with the program since HMO insurances wasn’t a big part of my practice.

Vincent

Practice-web review.

Overall we are pleased enough to wish to remain with the company.

Pros

Not terribly expensive like some of the other opportunistic and abusive companies. Good tech support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is far and away the best in the company. She’s the most knowledgeable and capable of solving issues effectively and efficiently. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] are good too-better than the rest but not as good as [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Cons

The updates are difficult and disruptive. Also the add on modules like texting, emailing, patient scheduling, and patient/practice portals get disrupted with each update and need to be proactively reset. This takes many calls and time.

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

Research we did made the switch appealing.

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

Tdocs discontinued and computeragedental was taken over by eaglesoft I believe and became uncompetetively expensive.

Hortencia

December 2021

Very Satisfied with Software

Overall, our experience with practice web has been a positive one.

Pros

Practice Web software is very easy to use. I love how easy it is to schedule appointments. I also like the fact that we are able to send out text messages to our patients to remind them of their upcoming appointments or any questions we might have. The billing and charting are also very easy to use. Over all we are extremely happy with this software.

Cons

what we liked least is that at times if the software is not up to date it will lag or freeze.

Practice Web was recommended by out IT Tech [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Reasons for switching to Practice-Web

We needed to upgrade and wanted to send out our claims electronically

Gretchen

Practice Web

They are always there when we need them. They are great!

Pros

You can customize it to your own needs. We are pediatric dental group and there are some features that we use to adapt to what we need from the software.

Cons

That is does not participate with more insurance companies on 'real time' eligibility

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

It seemed it would fit our practice needs and it has.

Response from Practice-Web

Thanks for your kind words, Gretchen! We're thrilled Practice-Web is helping your pediatric office thrive and glad you're feeling well supported! Real-time eligibility is a service provided by your clearinghouse integrated in Practice-Web. If your current clearinghouse isn't meeting your needs, give us a call at 800.845.9379 to see if we can find a better fit.

Replied June 2021

MARIE

best value for the money

I do like it very much and I recommend it to collegue if they are looking for dental management soft ware.

Pros

Good supporting and user friendly and constant improving

Cons

I wish I have recall reminder with text version.

Response from Practice-Web

Thanks for your kind words! We're glad you're pleased with the value Practice-Web provides. We do offer text message reminders as part of pwConnect. You'll find info on it by visiting the "Smart Tools" section of our site and viewing "Automated Text Reminders." Here's a direct link: https://www.practice-web.com/smart-tools/automated-text-reminders You can sign up for it via our website by visiting the "Pricing" page or, if you have questions, call 800.845.9379 and select option 1 to reach our sales department when you have a moment.

Replied February 2021

Upen

Best software

Great

Pros

Easy to use and navigate and learn and improve quickly

Cons

Too many updates, but when done it’s good.

Dentrix not user friendly

Jyoti

Awesome support

Pros

Multifunctional software that integrates with other applications

Cons

Some minor issues that we need to go around

Vahe

Simple and Efficient

Very good. Support team is very good and always ready to help.

Pros

Very easy to use. Simplifies any task you need it to. Also that i can customize almost everything. Very good product

Cons

There isnt anything that i can mention that i dislike about the software

Reasons for choosing Practice-Web

I had used it before and it was great

Response from Practice-Web

We're thrilled Practice-Web's customizations and streamlined workflows are helping you thrive! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts- it means a lot!

Lee

Very Pleased

user friendly. very pleased overall.

Pros

The customer service team and technical support are amazing

Cons

Nothing that couldn't be modified.

financial decision

Response from Practice-Web

Thank you so much for your kind words! So glad Practice-Web is helping you thrive! We shared this with the team and it made our day. :)

Jeff

I have been impressed with the thought put into this software.

It allowed me to integrate my accounting and patient chart into a seamless unit.

Pros

I have been able to make it make it mold to my practice style. Support has been great. It allows me to locate the needed information easily. With some thought, I have it set up so that hopefully, we will not over look important information.

Cons

There are things I would change but that's just because I want the software to behave exactly the way I want it to. That's not going to happen with any software, but Practice Web has listened to my ideas and the ones they consider universal enough, they have accommodated.

4.84/5 out of 51 reviews