All Jotform Reviews

Customizable Cost-Effective Forms!

Grant

Financial Services, 1 employee

Really easy form builder

PROS

I'm not a techy kind of person, so Jotform has been really good for me to build some online forms that I have clients complete. The drag & drop functionality makes it really easy, and you can customise the look and format of the forms pretty easily. I love that I get email confirmations when a form is completed so I can get right onto it.

CONS

Some of the finer editing, like changing highlight colours, fonts and stuff like that can get a bit tricky.

Hi Grant, Thanks for the 5-star rating. We are happy to know that it was easy for you to build a form using our platform. If you need assistance in editing your form, you can reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Willissa

Financial Services, 2-10 employees

Level Up Tax & Financial Service Experience

PROS

What I like about JotForm is that everything I needed was right there and it was very direct and not difficult at all. I did everything so quick and I am not an expert in any digital mor marketing.

CONS

Honestly the only thing I didn't like about JotForm was that it only allowed me 10 people to fill out my forms however I learned about leaving a review to get free ones and other ways you could get more which is awesome.

Hi Willissa, Thanks for sharing your excellent experience using our platform We are glad that all your needs are met using our platform. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Replied January 2024

Jean-Michel

Market Research, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

An online survey tool that is quite simple, but not very powerful

We needed a survey editing tool that could be quickly integrated into our own setups. JotForm allowed us to deploy a survey in less than half a day on several occasions. It is a tool that competes very well with Google Form and offers more possibilities.

PROS

Very easy to get started with. The tool allows for basic but adequate customization, as well as the integration of several designs, again basic but sufficient. It integrates easily with other integrations (by appending a JavaScript to call the form). Its responsive integration meets the majority of scenarios.

CONS

The tool is basic, but gets the job done. However, when you want to go into customization, especially in terms of design, it is quite limited to mandatory templates. And there's always this "bulky" aspect that does not adapt well to all situations (e.g., high-end).

Reason for choosing Jotform

We didn't have enough time to make a serious A/B test between tool. This one, durin its DEMO period, was more convincing for our need to deploy as fast as possible.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

JotForm met a specific need for rapid integration. However, it was not the tool we adopted in the long term, due to several design limitations.

Hi Jean-Michel, Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback. We're pleased that you found our tool user-friendly and appreciated its customization features and integrations. If you encounter challenges with form customization, please don't hesitate to contact us via our Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. Our team is available to offer help and share resources to help you achieve the specific design you want for your forms.

Reviewed March 2024

Use fillout.com instead

Our overall experience with Jotform was abysmal. The one time we really needed the product to work, it didn't. Subsequently, Jotform support admitted there was a problem, but refused to refund us.

PROS

Jotform has a rich feature set but it is unintuitive and not worth the hassle to implement complex workflows

CONS

the customer service isn't even average compared to alternatives like fillout.com the tech is hard to use - building complex forms is not simple the tech is unreliable Jotform customer service do not take responsibility for failings PDFs seem to be a problem for Jotform

Reason for choosing Jotform

at the time it seemed to meet our e-sign requirements in a way other products did not.

Hi,  Thanks for the review. We’re sorry your experience didn’t match your expectations. Your feedback helps us do better. We want to look into this issue further and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately. Can you contact us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact? We’ll be happy to help.

Karl

Recreational Facilities and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Too many bugs & quirks, too little support

I've had 2 experiences with trying to build a form to accomplish an important task, and it's failed both times. The tools don't work properly, there's no support, and when the issue is on their end, you're just out of luck. There's no fix time, ever. Don't use this for anything where you can't work around this service's repeated failures.

PROS

It appears, on the surface, to offer a ton of really nice form elements & features. You can make the forms do a lot of seemingly cool stuff that's difficult, if not impossible in some other form builders (until you actually deploy them & discover their true, undisclosed limitations/quirks).

CONS

There are constant bugs, quirks, and downtime, with ZERO live support regardless of subscriptions level. My biggest issue is with prefilling forms for customers. Important fields like the product list can't be prefilled so all the customer has to do is review & sign. Of course, it doesn't tell you this until you go to actually prefill a form. Now I'm left with a situation where I have to have a different, less-capable form if I want to prefill contracts for customers using existing info. What a waste. Better yet, there's no support. If you have a question or issue, you get to wait for an email response. Of course, they only deal with part of what you've asked, so you then have to send another email, then wait another unknowable period of time for the next person to deal with half of the problem, then requiring another email, another wait.... and so forth. Of course, if it's an underlying issue with their software (like the improperly functioning dropdown quantity selector), they say they'll send it to the developer team, and who knows when/if the problem will get addressed at that point. They literally tell you that they can't tell you. Not acceptable for commercial deployment, imo.

Reason for choosing Jotform

It seemed to offer increased functionality with fields like the configurable list & item list. In practice, however, these fields turn out to be worthless due to quirks like not being able to prefill them & having them act like they're required during prefill, even when they're not set as required.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

Jotform seemed to offer form capabilities not found in other services (but doesn't, in practice).

Hello Karl, We deeply apologize for the inconvenience you've experienced. Unfortunately, we no longer offer live support because we believe we provide better support via our support system since we are able to provide step-by-step guides, screencasts, and other references that might be useful in resolving issues. Please provide us additional information about the issues you've encountered using our support contact form at www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can further investigate and work with you until it's resolved. Our typical response time is from 30 minutes to two hours; however, it may vary based on how many queries we receive each day. The Prefill feature does not currently support the Product List field but we opened a feature request ticket for you here https://www.jotform.com/answers/4335480. To find out supported fields for Prefill, check our guide here: https://www.jotform.com/help/1805-prefill. Reach out to us via our support contact form should you have any questions.

Replied September 2022

Wesley

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Very User Friendly Great Customer Service

I have had a fantastic experience with Jotform I love everything I have created

PROS

24/7 Customer Service Customer Service Responds Quick Customer Service always has a solution that is easy to follow. There are so many form templates and customizations JotForm integrates with just about every workspace

CONS

Nothing yet I have not issue with Jotform so far

Less Expensive Easy to customize on my own

Reasons for switching to Jotform

I was not able to customize this form. The wording on the form was confusing to my customers Poor Customer Service

Hi Wesley, Thanks for your positive feedback. We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform user-friendly and that you've had great experiences with our customer service team. We're always here to help, and we're delighted that you appreciate our wide range of form templates and integrations. If you ever need help again, don't hesitate to reach out from the Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Replied March 2024

Olga

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Easy as 1, 2, 3

PROS

Filling in the spaces is easy. Once completed the email following the completion is the best part. Gives you a summary of what was filled in on the form

CONS

Haven't had any least experiences with this system.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

It was approved by our committee of form developers

Hi Olga, Thanks for your nice review. We appreciate your positive rating. It's great to know that you find our platform easy to use, and gives you the reports summary you need. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know via our Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll be happy to help.

Deana

Higher Education, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed May 2024

Jotform was a great decision

PROS

I like the customization of Jotform. The conditional options help with automations

CONS

I have not had issues with Jotform just yet

Reasons for switching to Jotform

I left Typeform because of cost and I left Google Forms due to a lack of customization.

Hi Deana, Thanks for the excellent rating. We are happy to know that you like our form customization and conditional logic features. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Leah

Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed May 2024

Quick, Easy, Customization on the go!

We have had an overall great experience with using Jotform at our medical office. It is quick, easy, and customizable even when you're on the go and need to type up a quick form.

PROS

Jotform is great for customization on the go! Its simple, effective, and easy to use.

CONS

We have not had any issues using Jotform up to this point. The only con I can think of is not hearing about it sooner. We were generating forms manually on Windows and Jotform makes it so much easier!

Reason for choosing Jotform

We chose Jotform over alternative products because it is quick to use, easy to use and very affordable!

Hi Leah, Thanks for the excellent review and rating. We're so glad to hear that you had a great experience using our platform and it fits your needs. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Stephanie

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed April 2024

Easy to use survey builder

I had a great experience with Jotforms from start to finish

PROS

I liked that I was able to build surveys for research I was doing for work and s chool with such ease.

CONS

I honestly can't say that I disliked Jotforms, I enjoyed it very much and it was easy to use

Reason for choosing Jotform

The free trial, and then I just enjoyed the ease of use

Hi Stephanie, Thanks for the positive review. We are glad that you are able to create forms easily using our platform. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Beckie

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Surveys made simplified

We use JotForm for program registration and event feedback. Many of our users aren't tech savy and they are able to easily navigate JotForm.

PROS

JotForm is not only simple to use, but simple to integrate with other products including our website and payment methods

CONS

Nothing - it has been a great experience

Reasons for switching to Jotform

We needed a more cost-effective solution

Hi Beckie, We are glad you had a great experience with our platform functionality and features. Thanks for the excellent rating. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Replied January 2024

Religious Institutions, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 6 months

The best I've found

I really appreciated the free trial and the amount offered for free as we are a non-profit. It gives us access to helpful tools for the very limited times we need to use them.

PROS

It has the ability to read PDFs and set up a form with the information it reads. Edignatures and the audit trail are well handled and exactly what was needed.

CONS

Converting PDFs to forms wasn't as smooth as I hoped for, but still would rank towards a pro.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

Jotform provided many more tools in their free plan than PandaDoc, meeting our needs better for forms and esignatures.

Hi David, Thanks for sharing your positive feedback about Jotform. We're delighted to hear that our PDF import, e-signature, and audit trail features are meeting your needs perfectly. If you come across issues using our platform, feel free to let us know through our Contact Us page at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We'll do our best to help.

Replied June 2024

Karin

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Jotform is an upgraded and elegant Google Forms

PROS

The interface and summary emails after completing Jotforms are very nice. They're intuitive to create and streamlined for users to complete. Internal or external forms cna be done with professional quality, quickly, using Jotform.

CONS

The only reason I sometimes forget about Jotform is because it's a single use platform for us. Unlike suite software with multiple functions, we exclusively use Jotform for form creation so it sometimes slips through the cracks. But is it highly functional.

Hi Karin, Thanks for the positive review of our platform. We are glad you enjoyed using our platform. If you have any questions, reach out to us through our Support Contact Form at https://www.jotform.com/contact/. We’ll be happy to help.

Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2021

Build Powerful Web Forms in a Snap

I needed to quickly build an embedded form for my website. I registered for an account and completed building the form minutes later. After a few minutes of learning which CSS classes were applied to each form element, the look and feel of the form only took a few more minutest and it was pulling data to the spreadsheet.

PROS

Ease of use and ability to customize a forms CSS to my university's branding standards. Forms are simple and intuitive to build with many options. From standard short and long fields to file upload capabilities, JotForm has many tools to get the job done. Branding was easy to customize by having direct access to the CSS through the form interface.

CONS

At the time of use, JotForm's pricing structure wasn't optimal for my organization. We had a few users who needed to create and manage forms but we couldn't find a level of access that gave us what we needed. Overall, the structure that we needed was affordable for single use, but not for multiple users.

Reason for choosing Jotform

The functionality of JotForm and Wufoo allow us to support embedded forms from both platforms, along with Google Forms.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

We use JotForm in conjunction with Google Forms. JotForm offers more robust customizable CSS functionality to match branding standards of an institution. The branding allows a more consistent look and feel to be applied rather than a set of predetermined templates in Google Forms that don't match brand standards as much.

Thanks for your awesome review. The ability to customize the form with CSS injection is indeed what most users like because you can do pretty much everything on the form design like matching your branding colors. Cheers!

Replied February 2021

Isaac

Program Development, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2021

An amazing multipurpose platform beyond just data collection

JotForm actually saved our project from collapsing. In the middle of a survey we had launched with a different platform, we were encountering severe technical issues that caused our data collection activities to completely stall. Migrating to Jotform not only solved all of those problems, but offered us features we didn't have with our previous service. Features that allowed us to cut down enumerator errors during survey administration, improve our agent remote monitoring protocols, and generally enrich the survey experience for our data analysts, survey respondents and field agents. It was absolutely amazing.

PROS

Well, first is the ease of use.With Jotform, survey creation to deployment in a matter of minutes isn't just a marketing gimmick...... we were actually able to do it. The quickly customizable templates and very user friendly feel makes it a joy to work with. Also, when we first signed on, we were migrating an active survey from a different service (which was giving us a lot of technical issues) and the customer service support we received was absolutely amazing.

CONS

Response data was being produced as links instead of the intended .pdf forms we had hoped.....when we first launched. And we struggled a bit to understand what was actually happening, but we later figured out the cause and solved it. That has been the only record of any issue we ever had with JotForm.

Reasons for switching to Jotform

We had a few technical issues on the survey we were running that were causing delays.

Thank you for sharing your great experience using JotForm. We are really happy to hear your overall satisfaction including your experience with our customer support team. Thank you and have a good one!

Replied August 2021

Elsa

Education Management, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2022

Jotform is a great form platform.

PROS

I like the different ways the a form in Jotform can be embedded on other sites. Different CMS have specific scripts and Jotform scripts for embedding forms make it easy to adjust as needed.

CONS

I would like the quiz feature to be a bit more prominent and useful. Additionally, I'd like to be able to use analytics to track features on the form.

Reason for choosing Jotform

I chose Jotform because the features and security were more advanced.

Hello Elsa, Thank you so much for your positive remarks. It's great to know that you found convenient ways to embed the form in your website. As of the moment, we do not have any other quiz feature except using our Quiz Form app. Guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/289-turn-your-form-into-a-quiz-or-exam/. If you're looking for form analytics, here's a guide: https://www.jotform.com/help/425-understanding-form-analytics-and-ways-on-how-to-get-your-users-info/. We also have Facebook Pixel Widget that you can add in your form to trace your form submissions: https://www.jotform.com/help/1072-how-to-track-form-submissions-with-facebook-pixel/ and also Google Analytics https://www.jotform.com/help/1076-how-to-track-online-form-submissions-using-google-analytics/. If you have more questions, please contact us using our Support Contact Form https://www.jotform.com/contact/ so we can help.

Replied May 2022

Rhonda

Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Versatile forms

I am confident that the forms I create using JotForm are professional and functional. The surveys are what I use most often. I am not on site with employees to supervise on a regular basis, I send surveys to patients and their families to make sure that they are happy with the employee and that all required daily tasks are completed. I use JotForm to collect health data and if need be HIPAA compliant forms. I use a "2-in-1" laptop/tablet often, JotForm functions on that and my desktop computer. I get timely returns because of the mobile responsive forms. I would like JotForm more if the site was organized.

PROS

All forms are mobile responsive and a mobile app for Jotform can be downloaded on your phone. Forms can even be created on the mobile app. The desktop and mobile are similar. Choose from many themes and templates., choose from classic form and card form. Form fields are less restrictive. Manipulate forms by drag and drop. Widgets can be added to forms for e-signatures and check lists. Image slide is another choice. Forms can be automated and decrease workload. JotForm advises on how to get better response rates from your forms.

CONS

I spend a lot longer than I want using JotForm. It takes a long time to find the right template, the right theme, and personalize them. The freemium plan is restrictive. The customer support team did not answer my questions or solve my problem. I had to ask another JotForm user how to even reach them because JotForm is unorganized.

Reason for choosing Jotform

JotForms mobile app and mobile responsive forms

Reasons for switching to Jotform

Google forms did not have a wide variety of options and form fields were restrictive. Making a form HIPAA compliant required a lot of time and effort.

Hello Rhonda, Thank you for the wonderful comments. We are pleased to hear that our product benefited your company. You can go through our Form templates section here: https://www.jotform.com/form-templates/. Please note that our Freemium plan is to experience the features and services we offer in our form builder; hence we encourage users to upgrade their account if they want to have unlimited access to all the features. Jotform customer service is available 24/7 through our support system at https://www.jotform.com/answers/, with an average response time of less than 2 hours. If you have any suggestions, please contact us using the support contact form at https://www.jotform.com/contact.

Replied August 2022