• Pros

• "Easy to use for the kids and myself. I like the fact we can schedule content for the future. I also like that multiple people can add content from anywhere. "

• "Skykit is a really good program to use. It's so easy to understand the program and works great with the projects I work on at work."

• "It's fairly intuitive and the UI is nicely designed. "

• Cons

• "When you get into multiple users we need separation. When I log in I should only see my content but be able to browse to corp folder. "

• "Not really a con, would like ability to put a live weather radar/weather forecast screen."

• "Could be more logical in the order menus are laid out and need a search function for tenants along with better portrait zone layouts."

Browse Skykit Reviews

Erica from Erica Eide

Love Skykit!

Great support. We love it.

Pros

I love that it is directly integrated with G Suite and Google Slides, Drive, etc.

Cons

My only complaint so far is I can't figure out how to add things that will auto-update, like the current date and time for example.

Used to be better

We loved it at first. It was a great way to showcase content to our office and keep them informed on updates. The last few months of using it, though, it became more of a nuisance than anything.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive and the UI is nicely designed.

Cons

The syncing from Google Slides to Skykit used to be a lot better. My office used Skykit for about 2 years, and in the last several months Skykit stopped registering the updated slide's changes. You would see the update in Skykit when you looked at the slide, but then when it played on the screen it would be the old one. Eventually I realized that the publish date was still the old one, and I figured out a workaround where had to go in and change the length of the time the slide would play. Only then would the system register the updates and publish with the new content. The other con is the playlist functionality is quite klugy. It takes forever to move slides around because the screen lags and doesn't place them where you're aiming your mouse. It also doesn't scroll with your cursor, so if I wanted to move a slide way farther up on the playlist, I could either move it up only 5 at a time, or I had to zoom way out on my browser.

Joel from Clayton County Water Authority

Industry: Utilities

SkyKit Review

Overall it has been pretty easy to setup and implement. It seems to be a bit harder to troubleshoot and manage, with a lot of maintenance having to be done on the SkyKit side, and not as much management and control on the administration side as a customer.

Pros

The best thing about the software is its scalability as well as its ease of use.

Cons

The fact that I am not able to centrally manage the chrome OS side of the chromeboxes that are used to run the SkyKit Content. The SkyKit Content however I feel can be expanded with extra features that can help with organization of displays, better content management within the console, as well as better overall performance improvements with content getting updated.

Ted from Red Ventures

One of the best overall CMS.

I have beat up on a lot of CMS systems in the past year. SkyKit is very user friendly. It has a 5-five tech department. Between Customer Service and DevOps. They are on the for front of making Content Management easier than any others out there. You can tell that they believe whole heartily in SkyKit; and it shows in everything they do. From taking request and fixing problems. Even the most trivial is not over looked with them. I enjoy that the people are not one to ask for help from others in their own company; instead of giving you a blank answer that raises more questions. We are currently swapping our old outdated CMS for SkyKit and the transformation is seamless. If you even want that down home feel from an advance CMS Company? SkyKit is for you. Respectfully, Theodore "Ted" Burch Technology Support Technician

Pros

The help that comes along with it.

Cons

What I have least liked about it. SkyKit has or is fixing as I type this.

Alex from Direct Technology Solutions

Skykit Platform Review

Our experiences in schools and small businesses has been overall very satisfying.

Pros

The integration between Google accounts and their CMS portal is great. As people get more comfortable with Google: Docs, Sheets, and Slides, having that integration makes building presentations very intuitive and easy.

Cons

Having a live display of what is broadcasting, kinda like a hub view of the different screens would make this software better. Relying on what the "content" is titled and visual checking of screens is a bit annoying.

Yelitza from Schuyler Community Schools

Awesome

Everything that I do in my job at school is working really well. Awesome software :)

Pros

Cons

The software sometimes could be really slow. I dislike that it signs me out of it so many times during the day.

Keely from York Public Schools

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

High School Teacher

Pros

Cons

There needs to be a way to sort content into folders within the site. It gets to be a lot when you have to scroll to find content we have used in the past. Also, be careful of the remove/trash can buttons they move around and you may accidentally delete a playlist you have spent tons of time creating.

Daniel from Napa Valley College

Napa Valley College went from a complex system to a very easy to use and user friendly.

Pros

Napa Valley College like the most of skykit is how easy the system is to use. the end user who use the system didn't have to have IT back ground to use skykit.

Cons

After using skykit, Napa Valley College would like to see a couple of more option added to the system. the ability to have video streaming, would be a great option to have because different departments could stream classes, show, guest speakers through out the campus.

Wayne from FASTSIGNS International Inc.

Best user interface of any CMS. Easy to use with powerful features.

An easy solution for our customers

Pros

Simple user interface, yet lots of features. Completely responsive design that can be controlled from a smartphone as easy as a laptop.

Cons

A little pricey for the market but when you add in all of the news and weather feeds the price balances out. It would be good to offer a cheaper version without the feeds for users that don't need them.

Trish from Burris Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

I love Skykit!

We communicate important and fun information in our break rooms. Some of our locations don’t have time so I’m able to manage for them quite easily.

Pros

Ease of use, ability to display individualized content along with common material. Programs and playlists save me so much time and duplication of effort.

Cons

The only con, which is not a big deal, in my opinion is that the automatic update doesn’t work for us. It could be our set up (lots of restrictions)

Greg from WRDSB/SJAM

Great Media Broadcast System - with steep learning curve

We have been quite pleased with the overall experience. We do find that our audience takes notice of the media feeds and really like the ability for multiple users to manage content.

Pros

One of the biggest pluses of the software is ease of access from any web-enabled device (and by multiple users). This allows for updates on the fly from just about anywhere and the speed with which programs update is impressive.

Cons

The learning curve with the interface is fairly steep and not as intuitive as it could be. While there are good "help" resources on the site, understanding the differences between programs, content, etc. isn't as obvious and organizing material is a bit clunky. The way the software platform is sorted out makes for some trial and error to understand the workflow.

Orenthial from Rocket Fuel

Flawless Tool

We have been using SkyKit for well over two years now. With the current setup we are able to easily update content and slides with zero interruptions. It is very reliable and super intuitive.

Pros

Zero downtime, Very easy to use. Quick and easy setup

Cons

No Cons.

Easy to Communicate

Super easy to use and control content. Look slick.

Pros

I love these sky kit TVs. We have a few offices and we have found our younger workforce doesn’t like reading email so we have to be creative in getting information out. Sky Kit TVs are in our break rooms and key visible locations. We used them to promote things like holiday parties, visitors, open enrollment, contests etc. it’s one part of our comprehensive communication channels. We create all our documents in power point on our branded templates and then convert to pdf to ensure formatting stays intact.

Cons

We couldn’t figure out how to run videos with subtitles. That’s ok.

Wayne from FASTSIGNS International Inc.

Great digital signage platform

I have worked with the development team and been amazed at the future development. This is the easiest platform to navigate and use with most amount of features while keeping things simple.

Pros

Ease of use

Sarah from Return Path

Overall great product

At first it can be confusing to know the difference between playlists and programs. But once I got that down it was easier to learn everything else. One thing that can be frustrating is that skykit makes a copy of your slides and uses that instead of the original document. I never fully understood why this was the case. I also know for us we had to make multiple copies of the same program because we wanted it to play multiple times between other parts of the playlist. This can be a bit time consuming to edit since we have to edit multiple instances of the same document to make it consistent throughout the program.

Pros

Great way to keep our company updated about current events going on in our organization.

Cons

It can be confusing to navigate through sometimes, I never remember off the top of my head the difference between playlists and programs. I have to click on each one to see if it takes me to where I am wanting to go.

Hunter from ProctorU

SkyKits!

Allows us to display company changes/events/client showings etc. Devices again are incredibly simple to use =)

Pros

Overall easy access/control of these devices. Especially for individuals who are not tech savvy, they are able to manipulate the device to their liking

Cons

Overall nothing to mention. Typically systems are hard to access/change settings, but Skykit resolved that issue

SkyKit Review

Pros

Skykit is very easy to use, and to me seems very self explanatory in terms of functionality and use.

Cons

I would like to be able to see a live screen preview, that way you could see that changes have happened and also see what's being displayed on the screen right from a home screen dashboard or something of the sort.

Ed from Davanni's Inc

Industry: Restaurants

Skykit is a Great Product and a Great Value

We have been using Skykit for displaying slides and video content since October of 2016 in all of our pizza shops (22) and recently added a display to our coffee shop. While there is a bit of a learning curve to using the web-based CMS system for managing the displays and content, it really is easy to use once you understand the basic concepts and workflow. Support has been fantastic and quick to respond and fix any problems we've run into. I really appreciate that Skykit is constantly being improved and feature requests are actively solicited from customers and taken seriously. I highly recommend Skykit!

Pros

Easy to use. Clean, simple interface.

Cons

Could use some improvement in sorting and filtering of content elements. It can be cumbersome finding the element you want to edit or the display you want to manage.

User Friendly

Pros

Ease of use is amazing. Our students can use this with no problem

Cons

Would like more "periodic" training on new features

Jeff from Ward Church

A Promising and Powerful Piece of Software

We are very pleased with the pricing and the ease of use of the interface of SkyKit. The ability to link with Google Drive and edit slides and presentations on the fly is very helpful when trying to train and give access to a number of different people. Very easy to use and train on. To be completely transparent, we are currently experiencing some issues with one of our particular usages -- but tech support has been great in helping us out. I feel great confidence in the SkyKit team and the future development of the product.

Pros

The user interface is simple to understand and use. It's ability to link to Google Drive is a huge plus. It allows non-"power users" to use the software.

Cons

For our particular usage, scheduling date-specific content out for the entire week is a cumbersome process. There is no batch upload. Also, the playlist functionality is currently having lots of hiccups. We have to manually set it every day.

Mark from Martin Engineering

Industry: Mining & Metals

Great product that does the job well.

Great product that does the job well. A little tricky to use at first but once you get to using it on a consistent basis it flows well. I use the Chromeboxes from Skykit and it is just plug in and go! I would definitely recommend the product.

Pros

Plug & Play. Comes pre-loaded with everything I need. The Chromebox form factor is easy to place.

Cons

I find the cloud application a bit confusing until you learn the "jargon". I think it could be layed out in a more intuitive way.

Brent from The University of the South

Skykit

Pros

Easy setup easy to use. Straight forward platform with a high level of functionality.

Cons

The having to publish each time any action is done. should be able to directly upload to program and then item is added to the content list as opposed to vice versa. Looses connection occasionally and have to refresh. Email should be sent notifying the moderator of such outages.

Gerri from Return Path, inc

Great solution

It's been great, easy to use and we have it deployed world wide, support is excellent, helpful and fun!

Pros

Ease of use, adding and maintaining content

Cons

Sometimes the boxes don't cycle through the playlists properly(or at all) frustrating to say the least. Would love to have the ability to reset the content cache with out a ticket. Also permission levels would be great.

Pros

Skykit is easy to use and the integration with Google Slides makes it simple to ensure things are branded correctly.

Cons

I wish that gifs were supported - not a huge deal but would be nice

Shane from Fastsigns

Industry: Investment Banking

Monitor for lobby

Only scratch the surface of all the features you have. I'm sure I would learn more if I had the patience. We just leave it on and let it run. :/

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Not comfortable making changes.

Brian from Timberland Partners

Great Kit

Pros

Easy to Use and such a great tool to have for our business

Cons

I haven't found anything that i haven't been impressed with.

Ryan from Saint Mary's University

The subscription versus open source

Pros

Consistent, reliable, Google backed, and gets the job done

Cons

Proprietary, some extra menues, and not free.

Just Gets Better with Time

Pros

The development team for this product is solid and always looking to make integration seamless. Incredibly easy to use and works with pretty much anything that you might use. Much easier than having to update a flash drive or write up changes to signage. No matter the industry, this product is a solid solution for digital signage.

Cons

Initially there were some quirks and hiccups during first iterations of the launch, but that's normal for new tech/solutions.

Michael from Our Lady of the Woods Church

Skykit was an answer to prayers...affordable, easy to use and great interface with Google Slides.

Easy to convey information on church events to 2000 worshipers each week.

Pros

It's interface with Google Slides makes it easy to learn and use by our less tech-say staff. Many of our younger staff are experienced with Google Apps. After a very short time they learn how to publish content to the displays.

Cons

A little tricky to format for a portrait display. Google Slides is default for landscape. Images are difficult to proportion.

Braedan from SportsEngine

Does what it needs to!

Pros

We got the product in Beta, so it's been fun to see where the product started to where it is today. Very easy to setup.

Cons

The user interface isn't always intuitive as I needed it to be. Was hard to understand it right away, but definitely getting used to it.

Samuel from PixMob

Skykit review

Communication is way more effective with our monitor and Skykit in our office kitchen. Good way to get the employee attention.

Pros

Easy to learn how to operate it and ability to deploy new content fast.

Cons

No way to preview your content + editing it

Kelsey from Funeral Home

Thanks for making it easy!

Pros

The older individuals can even use it with ease. We can customize everything to each person - easily.

Cons

Maybe the fact that I have to publish the content. But that is me filling this box with something!

Todd from Sandler Training

Worth the investment

We have been using Skykit in our lobby for the past seven months. It has been a great addition to our office. We are able to welcome guests and post our agendas with ease. I recommend this program to anyone that is looking to update their office or retail space.

Pros

Easy to use. Accessible remotely which is a benefit as our office support person is often offsite.

Cons

The resolution is a little to be desired when using the slides in google.

Kyle from Return Path

Skykit is a great way to manage content across geographically dispersed organization's

My team and I have been using Skykit for a little over a year, it started with displaying simple information such as events going on in different offices, lunch schedules, and new features on some of our products, to New Employee start dates as well as Employee Biographies. Being spread across different time zones and continents, it can be hard to get information out quickly and efficently. Using Skykit has allowed teams to collaborate and get valuable company information out in a streamlined simple way.

Pros

Easy to use, integrated with the G-Suite.

Cons

Things can be a bit slow to update at times, also have been experiencing memory issues with the Skykit chromeboxes themselves.

Mark from Flagler County

Skykit

used to display board meeting agenda at local government building

Pros

The ease of use and google integration is what we liked most

Cons

Initially took some homework to setup correctly

Mark from University of Minnesota

We use it to successfully display news items and event announcements to our students.

Pros

Ease of use ... ability to display video and multiple file formats. The fact that our student audience gets information they can use readily and more quickly than postering.

Cons

It shuts down every so often. Our displays will freeze and we need to reboot to get it up and running. Other times, I have trouble uploading files.

Calsey from Timberland Partners

Works great!

Pros

Honestly I have always thought Skykit is a great tool. I have never had an issue with it what so ever.

Cons

I dont have any complaints what so ever.

Ed from Davanni's Inc

Industry: Restaurants

Great for managing multiple displays

Skykit has helped up keep our marketing messages current and fresh. Being able to manage everything remotely has saved us time and money.

Pros

It's web-based, support for HTML5 content, generally intuitive user interface, and has a lot of features.

Cons

Can't view what's currently playing (limited to screenshots), documentation could be better and more complete.

Sam from Cactus Restaurants Ltd.

Lots of options

Pros

Interface is easy to navigate with lots of options

Cons

I've had some issues uploading images from my desktop but otherwise no issues.

Geoff from Burris Optics

Industry: Sporting Goods

After a bad experience with competitive system, Skykit was a huge relief. Our admin is now posting!

Easy communication with large team in manufacturing facility.

Pros

Simple, easy to setup, easy to program. The plant admin is mostly doing quick slide shows, and they are working well.

Cons

Would REALLY like a preview window on my PC, so I can see exactly what the screens in the plant are showing.

Chris from Surfchex.com

Industry: Online Media

Great Product but pricey

Reiability

Pros

Google backbone/reliability/functionality. Does everything I want,decent content,like the ability to play live webcam streams

Cons

Cost/Ease of Use-Can be confusing to new users but once familiar works great. Could be simplified between content/playlists/scheduling

Lloyd from Burris Logistics

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Corp IT admin

Its been very good and the users find it simple to use. Looking forward to user content separation features to improve interface for wider use across facilities.

Pros

Its is simple.

Cons

Abe from BoilerMASTERS, Inc.

Works well and accomplishes what we need.

Pros

Easy enough to use. Able to add a lot of types of content. Works without problem and doesn't need much, if any, maintenance.

Cons

Need to add traffic to web feed. The timing doesn't seem to be accurate or doesn't work according to user time zone.

Carrie from HomeTown Bank

Good Option

It's a good option. As with most things I would change a few things, but for being newer to the bank it wasn't too hard to adjust.

Pros

There aren't any required picture sizes which is SUPER helpful and keep the ratio of the image, then fills in the background with black. Looks professional.

Cons

Without the tutorial I would be LOST. I found myself accidentally deleting a playlist, thinking I was just deleting content off the playlist.

Bill from Auuvo LLC

The Skykit's the limit!

From order to install, everything went perfectly. Sales person was very prompt and professional, got product on time, installation was seamless.

Pros

Easy to setup, easy to maintain.

Tracey from Martin Engineering

Ramos Review

I've used SkyKit here and there and really like what it offers. I didn't purchase it though so I can't comment on the value. I've also never reached out to customer service so I can't comment on it.

Pros

that it works via Google Drive

Cons

That it relies on internet to switch it up

Moira from Lamphere Schools

Pretty Easy

Pros

Once you got the hang of where to put your "art" or "notice" to go up on the screen it was pretty easy to use.

Cons

Removing pages if you didn't want them to be seen.

Josh from Wayne Brothers Inc

Great Software and Company

Great software and very user friendly. Anytime i did have any issues, Skykit support was amazing at helping me troubleshoot the issue and always followed up to ensure i was completely satisfied.

Pros

Easy to use and great support

Cons

I wish that I could make the entire slideshow on Powerpoint and transfer all the transitions over to skykit instead of only having a select few transitions.

Cliff from USC Ticket Office

KIS - Rule Number 1 Keep it simple...

Being responsible for all IT setup and configurations, I found it extremely easy to setup. Basically I sent Skikit some technical information and all the work on my end was done for me in advance so i had the hard task of plugging it in. The software side of it is very similar to the MS movie maker. Having worked in a Windows environment for years we found that our users are able to pick it up pretty quickly. We called support and the support tech was Kind, Courteous and Competent. Thank you Skikit for Keeping it simple,

Pros

very easy to use

Skykit Features

Pros

Software is easy to use and does integrates well on our platform.

Cons

There are not any premade templates that can be used.