All PitneyShip Reviews

Julliana

Law Practice, 2 - 10 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed June 2022

A good solution for small business mailing needs

Sherri

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Pitney Shipping Survey

For the most part I am very happy with Pitney Bowes shipping

PROS

Easy to use. Easy to add more funds, easy to track

CONS

Wish it was cheaper, but what is cheap these days . On occasion the system does goes down especially aroung April 15th, but it guess it gets overloaded.

Thank you for your review, Sherri. We're glad that you've found all the functionality in PitneyShip so user-friendly, especially when it comes to adding funds and tracking. We understand the importance of affordability but work to continuously offer competitive pricing. Plus, you can always reach out to get a better understanding of your billing and savings you've had since using PitneyShip. We apologize for any downtime you've experienced in the software; we'll escalate that specific date to our product team so they can review and work to improve uptime and reliability. Thanks again for your feedback.

Steven

Photography, 1 employee

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Absolutely the best

PROS

Cost effective with a minimum investment. Great customer service.

CONS

No issues at all! Must more customer focused than their competition

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

The cost was more & I had heard horror stories about trying to cancel your account

Thanks for providing your experience with PitneyShip, Steven. We're so glad to know that you've found our customer service so helpful and attentive. And it's great that you've been able to enjoy the cost-effectiveness of the software. If you ever want to learn more about your billing and savings or provide any other feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out to the support team. Thanks again for choosing PitneyShip.

Rodney

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2021

Good value, website functionality still needs work

PROS

Postage value and rates...........................

CONS

Having to login, then scroll to another section, click the app, and wait for the next part to load to be able to use it. I'd like to be able to log in to the app (SendPro) and start using it. Also, stop the corporate pandering. You provide a postage service. Not interested in your political and social views.

Better monthly rate.

Thanks for the honest review Rodney. I'll get your feedback to product management and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Eric

Computer Hardware, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

PitneyShip is Great but lack of printing return shipping label option.

Overall is great but still lack of some functions.

PROS

Compare all the carriers at one place. That's great.

CONS

lack of printing return shipping label option. Can't setup fedex account via PitneyShip.

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

great rate with UPS. If we can sign up with Fedex would make it ever better.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

ups.com too pricy(no discount) and stamps.com only provide usps' rate

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, Eric. We're thrilled to hear that you find our platform beneficial for comparing all carriers in a single place. Regarding your feedback around return shipping labels, we’re pleased to inform you that PitneyShip does support the creation of return labels. You can view this support article to learn more about the process: https://www.pitneybowes.com/us/support/article/000083230/creating-a-return-label-in-pitneyship-pro.html. Additionally, if you are subscribed to one of our multi-carrier plans, you have full access to FedEx rates, along with rates from other major carriers. To add FedEx as a carrier, go to Settings, Carriers, +Add Carrier, and select FedEx.

Replied April 2024

Teresa

Management Consulting, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Shipping ease

Ease of use for all my shipping/mailing needs.

PROS

This service is much more convenient and less expensive to use than my previous shipping option. Much appreciate this service.

CONS

I have not been able to import addresses from my ACT program. But it is not a serious issue.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

mostly the increase in services being charged.

Thank you for leaving a PitneyShip review, Teresa. We're pleased to know that you've found PitneyShip to be so convenient and cost-effective for your shipping and mailing organization. If you need any assistance when it comes to importing addresses or anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out so we can resolve any issues you may be facing. Thanks again for choosing PitneyShip.

Reviewed July 2021

Pretty much the only choice -- not many other good options at volume

I would not recommend it if there were another choice for mailing at volume, but there really isn't a good one. Because of this, I reluctantly recommend it. The customer service is outsourced and generally doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Older machines were much better than the new ones.

PROS

It has a clean design and the features that are present are fairly clear to navigate to. What you can with it is limited, but it is well designed to do the same tasks over and over again, which is appropriate for mailing and shipping.

CONS

There are so many features that could be great, that are either missing or poorly deployed. The reporting it can do is very limited and you can't customize reports well. It is terrible that there are so many functionalities that are different cost items, but such is the Pitney Bowes business model -- pretty much "screw you, where else are you gonna go."

Contract expiration

Rob

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Pitney Ship

Great way to save $ and time. Not sure about the billing yet.

PROS

Postage at the office instead of going to the post office.

CONS

supplies cost / credit limit /overage charge if I refill postage more than once in a billing cycle

Thank you for your feedback, Rob. We're glad to hear that you're enjoying the convenience of handling postage right from the office which can save you time and money. We hear you on the postage and billing difficulties you've faced so we'll definitely bring that to the attention of our product team to review to increase transparency and user-friendliness. Please don't hesitate to reach out to our Customer Support team if you have any questions about billing.

Shelli

Farming, 11-50 employees

Pitney Review

It is easy to use, and costs less than going to the post office.

PROS

It is easy and dependable. I like that they send me an email when the package has been delivered.

CONS

I would not say there is any thing i liked least.

Thank you for your wonderful review, Shelli. We're thrilled to hear that you find our services so reliable and easy. Your positive feedback is really appreciated and we hope to continue delivering the best possible service we can. Thanks for choosing PitneyShip.

Wally

Shipping made easy

Positive experience to date. No concerns.

PROS

For the most part shipping is easy through the online program.

CONS

When they change it around and it takes more steps to accomplish the same goal.

Thank you for the positive review, Wally. We're please to hear that PitneyShip has made shipping easier for you. When we change workflows, our goal is always to improve the user experience, so we'll definitely take your feedback into consideration. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Suzan

Government Administration, 201-500 employees

Reviewed June 2024

PitneyShip works well for my Agency

I highly recommend Pitney Ship to increase efficiency.

PROS

That all employees who send mail are able to use. It has saved us money.

CONS

The only cons is sometime the printer connection is lost.

Thank you for your review, Suzan. We're excited to hear that your employees have been able to benefit from PitneyShip and that it's been so cost-effective for your team. We apologize for any inconvenience caused by occasional printer disconnections - we'll escalate that internally to ensure that we can improve connectivity and overall user experience. If you continue experiencing that issue, please reach out to our support team so they can help to resolve. Thank you so much for your recommendation and for choosing PitneyShip.

Ron

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Rons review.

Overall, it is very good. I have purchsed shipping direct from Fed EX and its a lot more expensive. But is it really? I know we pay 250.00/ month for the use of the app. Im not entirely sure if its actually cheaper.

PROS

I like the convenience of being able to print my own labels and track my shipments.

CONS

Sometimes after an update there are some weird things. One time the prompt for zip codes was putting in the wrong city. Also, almost every time I print a label I have to choose 4X6 instead of it reading that my label printer is set up and auto selecting. If I'm not careful I will print out an 8x11 full sheet from my main printer.

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

I wasn't here when we purchased this item.

Thanks for taking the time and leaving a review, Ron! We're so glad PitneyShip is making your shipping and tracking more convenient. We'll take your feedback regarding the incorrect ZIP codes to our product team to review. Regarding your comment about the $250 cost. That $250 is actually your spend for postage and shipping costs through PitneyShip. only a small portion of that amount actually covers PitneyShip itself, with the majority allocated towards postage fees. We'll reach out to you directly to show you a more detailed breakdown and help you better understand your costs and breakdown your savings from using PitneyShip (over $200 this year!)

Replied March 2024

Edward

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great Concept!

System is extremally efficient and useful. Support is lacking and technicians are very disrespectful.

PROS

Flexibility and increased efficiency to our daily process!

CONS

Not integration friendly with shipping vendors (DHL) that aren't in the Pitney system already

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

My Pitney vendor recommended and brought a compelling case for its use.

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Edward. It's excellent news that PitneyShip has brought flexibility and efficiency to your daily processes. We're glad to know that it has helped streamlined many of your typical workflows. We also understand that you have not found the carrier integration for DHL very user-friendly. We'll send feedback to our product team and work with you to assist in adding DHL. Additionally, we sincerely apologize for any disrespect you may have encountered from our technicians - we'll escalate your experience with the support team internally. Thank you again for taking the time to leave us a review.

Replied May 2024

Azure

Reviewed July 2021

It has helped our business grow. We are able to serve more customers with more services.

PROS

The ease of this software is great. There are some issues that we have but it usually is operator error.

CONS

FedEx intergration has some issues with the SENDER portion if it isnt EXACTLY right and doesnt take a new address immediately. User has to enter an "approved" address before adding a new sender.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

Meter and Flexiblity in services offered

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Azure. We're proud that our product was helpful in growing your business.

Replied July 2021

Polly

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Convenient for small batches

Convenient, and the equipment is great. Printing large batches of postage is a time-consuming pain. Customer service sent me 4 different places through 4 different menus and long hold times to simply tell me that it is not possible to print more than 25 stamps at a time.

PROS

I love the convenience of printing postage, and I like the roll feature. I like that it is not using ink. I like being able to arrange for pickup. I like having the little meter. I love the discount.

CONS

I hate printing 25 at a time. I have to do 360 labels for each mailing, and each batch of 25 requires 4 clicks. It takes all morning and I can't do anything else because every couple of minutes I have to go through 4 dropdown menus. Also, I have to keep track of how many I've printed, in multiples of 25. I called to see if there were alternatives for people with lots of labels to print and there is not. Also, I had to change a credit card number. That took a long time. There are two places in which payment info is stored and the place the postage account (different from the subscription account apparently) is not obvious. Also, nothing auto-fills, meaning every time you fill out a form, you have to fill it out entirely by hand. That includes every time I arrange for a shipping pickup, etc. I coudl deal with all of that, but the 25 stamps at a time thing is why I will likely seek another system.

Joseph

Non-Profit Organization Management, 2-10 employees

PB Send Pro

Overall, it gets the job done. I would love more training options, tips, on how to use the software. I would also like more assistance with multiple users. Right now, my entire staff gets shipping notices, but we don't know how to turn it off for some and include others.

PROS

The Saas cloud-based software is easy to use and deploy.

CONS

The system is not easy for multiple users or help is scantly available to my knowledge. Calling PB is an exercise in frustration and should be avoided for any efficient-minded office staff. Billing is also a pain as we have to auto deduct periodically from our bank account and can't pay with a cc.

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

it was a cloud based shipping solution that was reasonably priced.

Thanks for the honest review Joseph. I'll get your feedback to product management and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Karen

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Limited Options

Over all I do like the SendPro program. It saves me time and money

PROS

I am able to send priority & overnight mail with ease and confidence it will get there.

CONS

I wish I could use the option of Overnight & Priority Tyvek and not have to stand in line at the post office

Reason for choosing PitneyShip

A Law office in our area is using your system and they really like it. They are using a more complicated product but they said you all were good to work with. So here we are..............

Thanks for for the glowing remarks Karen. We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. I'll get your feedback to product managers and see how we can do better to meet your expectations.

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Perfect Small Business Shipping Solution

I just want postage available on demand and without a he cost penalty. SendPro is great service and actually saves money. I'm a fan.

PROS

Postage machines were expensive (there always seemed to be extra unexpected charges) and clunky. I did not enjoy my experiences with the old Pitney Bowes. Stamps.com is a decent online service but has fewer features and costs more. SendPro has worked smoothly and economically.

CONS

There were initial problems setting up, primarily because of legacy information from the days when we used a postage meter. The tech support was patient and got the job done, though. Merging the UPS feature was another hiccup but only because our zip code is registered to another town. (Once I quit trying to register using our actual city, the problem was solved.)

Reasons for switching to PitneyShip

Price and smoother interface.

Thanks for the awesome review, James. Glad customer support was able to get you through that hiccup and that the product is saving you time and money.

Replied July 2021