All Dotdigital Reviews

Computer Software, 51 - 200 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2022

Works great for my marketing team!

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Works great for my marketing team!

This is the end all be all of email campaign management for my medium sized company. We use Dot Digital every single day to track our new leads and put them through our nurture cycle. I can whole heartedly say that without this platform my marketing team would be lost. If you are looking for a way to manage your address books and email campaigns this is where you should stop your search.

PROS

The ability to track your email campaigns Super easy to use overall Ranking leads by email engagement has been critical to our business The ability to export the lists to Excell make marketing meetings a breeze Really great for managing address books and targeting segments

CONS

When you export the data to excel it exports the file to a .csv by default and in this scenario it is possible that you will lose data more often than if the file were exported as .xls file. However, this seems like a very simple fix and may simply be dependent upon user preference and the software your company works with outside of Dot Digital.

Imran

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Streamlining Marketing Automation with Dotdigital

Despite the learning curve and pricing drawbacks, I found Dotdigital to be a powerful marketing automation solution that offers everything a business needs to create and execute successful campaigns.

PROS

Dotdigital is an all-in-one marketing automation platform that offers a comprehensive range of features, including email marketing, SMS marketing, automation workflows, and social media marketing.

CONS

One drawback I experienced with Dotdigital is that the learning curve can be steep, and it can take some time to get used to the platform's features and interface.

Judson

Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2017

A great platform, if this was 2009 and not 2017

A lesson in vetting platforms that claim to be solutions more thoroughly before proceeding. Other than that, I cannot think of another benefit.

PROS

The analytics on each email campaign. It is nice to get a visual report following the performance of the email campaign.

CONS

Other than the campaign reports, I have a problem with just about everything else with this platform, particularly the customer service but I suppose that that is not the question here. The platform itself is wildly outdated, seemingly by intention because they will offer you custom templates but with an extremely high cost and they will request that you fill out so much information that you've already done half of the work for them. The drag-and-drop feature is not unique in 2017, which I see is the most frequent positive thing others have to say about it, but the fact that there is no auto-save is absolutely absurd. The platform is also buggy when trying to adjust background colors and with editing photos post-upload. Raising issues to customer service only led to them pointing fingers at me for supposedly not knowing how to use the product and not even once led to a solution.

Maria

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2024

The Features of Dotdigital are Effective

PROS

For marketing automation, we always choose Dotdigital because of its reliability. Dotdigital is easy to use.

CONS

I have never been disappointed by Dotdigital. Dotdigital is incredibly amazing.

Yusra

Accounting

A MUST BUY SOFTWARE!

The landing page builder makes it really easy to build nicely designed landing pages that helps our lead generation campaigns. We are utilizing DotMailer to market to the emails we gather at events which we were unable to reach before.

PROS

The interface design is clean and organized making it easy to find what you're looking for. Dotmailer s extremely flexible, it allows creating complex layouts on emails without sacrificing client cross-compatibility too much. The best feature offered by Dotmailer is Email Automation Programs. My organization was able to set up a Welcome email series for different people. The easy editor makes creating emails fun. Great customer service from support. the cost is extremely fair and the account managers are really great.

CONS

Would like to be able to choose a group to send to while at the same time choosing another group to not send to so that any overlapping emails would not get the email. Other than this, NONE. A MUST BUY!

Francois Pascal

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Dotdigital is the best value email marketing software

PROS

It's ergonomic, user-friendly and easy to use thanks to the drag-and-drop method.

CONS

I haven't encountered any major problems with this tool so far.

Mackenzie

Insurance, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Have not used to the full extent, but full of capabilities

PROS

The most used function of dotmailer for our organization currently is the automation. Using Facebook primarily for leads, it is nice that we can link up these systems to hit leads in their email right when we get them. We are going to start using dotmailer for newsletters and such, but this requires a little more learning on their site which I have just not had time to do yet. I do like designing emails in dotmailer, and once you have a basic format, it is pretty seamless.

CONS

It does take a little time to learn. We originally got dotmailer because it was recommend by a consultant we were working with. We are no longer working with this consultant, so the system was passed onto me. Since I was not working with it in the beginning, there was a learners curve in adjusting to a new email system. I have not yet set up our website leads to automatically go into the dotmailer system as it seems like this can be a process that might take a little more time. I wish dotmailer paired a little easier with CRMs and other sites, such as word press, just to save a little time.

Marika

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

Dotdigital: A Reliable and Simple to Manage Solution

PROS

I am impressed by the friendliness of Dotdigital's features. Dotdigital works so well for us.

CONS

No dislikes for Dotdigital. Dotdigital has been working well for us.

Billie

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Amazing customer service

Great platform and easy to use. They have the best customer support team to answer any questions I had instantly

PROS

They have amazing customer service support

CONS

It was confusing initially trying to create an email template

Jackson

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Dotdigital Has Great Capabilities

PROS

I love the effective capabilities of Dotdigital. Dotdigital is highly reliable.

CONS

I do not dislike Dotdigital at all. Dotdigital is the best.

Reviewed November 2018

Good email marketing platform for a reasonable price

Dotmailer helped us send much more effective marketing campaign emails. Audience segmentation is easier than before. We're now sending personalized triggered campaigns to customers. Our transactional emails are now templated and much easier to update. Emails view better on mobile devices. Company was overall pleasant to work with through onboarding process.

PROS

Full-featured email platform at a cost lower than most competitors. UI is straightforward and functional, relatively fast. I don't have much trouble finding what I'm looking for. Onboarding, knowledge base, and technical support meant I learned the platform pretty quickly. Technical support has always replied quickly and is usually helpful. Program builder for triggered emails is easy to use, and powerful. Segmentation tool works well. Able to template and send all our transactional emails at no additional cost.

CONS

Reporting could be improved. We can't figure out how to link to our Google Analytics account. Easyeditor for emails is OK. Would prefer something more robust with more even more features. Sometimes pages load slow through the UI.

Reviewed February 2018

Overall, I personally enjoy Dotmailer's interface and functionalities. I think it is easy to use.

PROS

- Dotmailer's drag and drop functions - Segments are easy to use - Easy Landing Page editing - Easy survey creation - Speed has increased since I started using it nearly 2 years ago - Customer support is fantastic

CONS

- There are many bugs. Many times when editing text from the design interface, the text spacing will be thrown off. - I also strongly dislike the new 18one release. The percentages are not rounded unless you compare them with another campaign. I think that the number of emails delivered should be under the number of emails sent. Soft bounces and hard bounces are not as easy to find. When you click "view more" under any field in the "At a glance" menu, it just takes you to a list of people which I don't think is very useful. - Landing page reporting tab doesn't really show you any report, just number of views - I personally would like to see a functionality where you could see test send history so you can see who has been a sent a test and when they were sent.

Stephanie

Sports, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2018

It's only as powerful as your ability to use it

Originally, we thought it was terrible. We wanted to quit and felt it was too expensive. Oddly - and by accident - we found where all of these people were signing up to subscribe to our newsletter and we didn't know it. We are small and reliant on one person to know how to do those things and it was eye opening for us. As soon as we figured out what was going on, both my husband and I began to play with it a little more and enjoyed coming up with campaigns and ideas. The power is really knowing the ins and outs of the application.

PROS

For us (small online retailer), we love the ability to craft targeted emails based on what the customer is buying or is sitting in their cart. We were also able to use it to ask customers for business and product reviews.

CONS

I would like the Segment creation to be a little more intuitive. If I want to send a targeted group of customers an email to remind them to review, the field you use is confusing and you can just say - pick x group who purchased 7 days ago, you have to do something like 7 days but exclude those 6 days or fewer. I was also using last purchase date as suggested by support but when I spoke to our account manager it was a completely different field.

Travis

Reviewed September 2017

Comprehensive feature set, great upgrade from Chimp!

Magento integration, segmentation and advanced subscriber targeting.

PROS

The Magento integration is terrific, you can really give your subscribers email offers tailored to their interests. That's such a crucial part of email marketing. The added bonus of the surveys and module/opt-in forms are amazing for a product in this price range. Listrak is charging one of my clients 20k/yr extra for some of the features baked into Dotmailer. I'll be moving them over to DM soon.

CONS

Once in a while I have some integration issues or glitches but support has been very responsive. Most of the common featureset works flawlessly.

Reviewed May 2018

Plays well with Magento 2 and is relatively inexpensive but lacks bells & whistles other ESPs have

for basic blast campaigns it works fine and integrates pretty easily with Magento.

PROS

Integrates well with Magento 2, relatively straightforward workflow tool and WYSIWIG email editing. Creating custom segments is fairly straightforward too.

CONS

Needs better personalization options. Lacks machine learning for customer segments & LTV tools which other ESPs like Listrak and Emarsys have. Very poor implementation of time-of-day optimization feature -- you still can't schedule an optimized send in advance which makes the feature essentially useless in practice.

Very pleasent

PROS

easy to use email design feature. I can design and personalize my emails without the support of a creative department.

CONS

testing features. I would like to perform a 50/50 split on the entire mailing effort. Dotmailer only has an A/B test split up to a certain percentage, then the winning effort is sent to remainder of list. I know there are ways around this but they are not convenient. Give an option to split 100% of the entire list.

Susan