Miva Software Reviews

Miva Software Reviews

Find out more:

Find out more:

• icon"The clients liked it because it was pretty easy to use."
  • icon"Very developer-friendly platform. Plugin implementation is easy and the selection is outstanding."
  • icon"Miva has impressive tech support, and includes features that Shopify requires monthly subscriptions for."
  • icon"We do a lot of customization and in the past we were sometimes limited because of the lack of documentation. Also, many customizations required the purchase of additional modules."

All Miva Reviews

Jason

Incredible Ecommerce Tool

It's incredibly easy to use. I always suggest new stores to use Miva whenever possible.

Pros

Miva is very easy to work with for any online marketer or ecommerce professional. I have worked with them for complex websites and they were able to handle very large sites and very complex rules with no issues.

Cons

Getting any third party to integrate with Miva is usually pretty expensive. Other ecommerce platforms like Magento and Shopify have simple apps for integration. The bigger Miva gets, the more this issue will go away. I just wish it would happen now! Integration fees a lot of the time are way too much and make it difficult to add new functionality to my website.

Mike

Tried Shopify, Returning to Miva

I have hosted my business with Miva for over 20 years. Several years ago, I had a Magento site developed with the intention of switching platforms, but pulled the plug after seeing how slow Magento websites loaded. I just had a Shopify site developed, with the intention of switching platforms, and saving on the monthly fee that Miva charges. Shopify is deceptive because it advertises low monthly costs to host your business. These fees are just the tip of the iceberg though. Shopify has very little inherent functionality, and to build a high functioning website requires monthly subscriptions to dozens of apps. These monthly app fees add up quickly, making the cost much higher than Miva. Miva includes very sophisticated software that doesn't require monthly subscriptions, and while the cost is still high, it is much lower than a shopify site. I never appreciated the tech support that Miva offers until I tried to get ahold of Shopify tech support. BIG difference! Shopify does not offer phone in support, and their ability to assist is delayed through complicated forms that you must fill out, then a long wait for a low level tech to reply. Miva offers phone in support, and the turn around for an issue is quickly resolved.

Pros

Miva has impressive tech support, and includes features that Shopify requires monthly subscriptions for. Additionally, Miva let's you choose a credit card processor, which can potentially save you a ton of money vs. Shopify, which requires you to use their processor.

Cons

In order to receive a lower cost subscription for Miva, I had to sign a 3 year contract.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

April 2022

Miva has been a Disaster for us

Terrible we have been failing as a business and its all because of Mivas functions. Switched to shopify and our sales are improving massively.

Pros

I cant say I liked anything. Their backend is so hard to function. They don't update any of their user guides and don't want to help.

Cons

Its almost impossible to use without a full time web disgner

Reasons for switching to Miva

Miva refused to help us with issues. We couldn't get out product out efferently. Bad and rude management.

Jake

Amazing eCommerce Software

One of the best ecommerce software experiences out there.

Pros

-Ease of use, allows us to save time onboarding new employees -Flexibility for complex implementations is present -Very developer-friendly platform -Plugin implementation is easy and the selection is outstanding -Customer support has been top-notch, nothing to complain about there -Has improved our efficiency, especially so w/ the sync of ShipWorks

Cons

To be nitpicky, there are some tasks within Miva that seem to be made harder than they should be. Miva is constantly being updated, so we've seen positive changes in a number of these areas - so have to credit them for that. The upgrades might add a little bit of difficulty to the learning curve, but overall we enjoy those updates.

I am not a computer expert, but customer service agent was patient and gave me excellent customer support.

It's easy to make sales through my web site. They have good SEO.

Pros

Easy to list new products and to change details about existing products. Customer service has always been helpful with any questions.

Scott

September 2022

Miva is a horrible platform. Stay away!

Everything is harder and more expensive to do in Miva vs. alternatives, i.e. Shopify. Simply adding tracking code often required many hours and developers to assist. Simply stated, it is a horrible platform.

Pros

Nothing. When we started in 2001, there were not that many options. Miva was selected by our developer at that time. We have been on the platform for over 20 years, and it became increasingly difficult to use over time.

Reasons for choosing Miva

When I started with Miva in 2001, there were very few alternatives.

Teresa

April 2022

Miva

The benefits of Miva are seeing in real time when the customer is ordering online and what they are ordering.

Pros

I liked the inventory tracking, revenue tracking and the automated emails that Miva generates.

Cons

Sometimes the automated email to customers doesn't work so the customer gets no order confirmation.

great service, needs integrations

All-round inventory, finance, and sales management

Pros

Miva offers a very solid product, good customization, and strong customer service. It's head and shoulders above other online sales platforms for medium-sized businesses that need a central platform for managing inventory and finances as well as online sales. And they also offer web hosting!

Cons

There's really no reason why Miva shouldn't have free/easy integrations like many of it's competitors. Customizing or paying for each integration can get quite onerous.

Response from Miva

Thank you for taking the time to give us detailed feedback about your experience with Miva. We aim to provide the best features for our clients while providing live 24/7 customer support. Baked into the Miva platform are powerful features that allow Miva users to distinguish their brand from day one. This approach allows Miva to provide a seamless shopping experience with less dependency third party plugins, although we do have a robust ecosystem of partner integrations, including free ones, at https://apps.miva.com/. We love feedback so please feel free to reach us at 800.608.6482. We want to hear what integrations you think would make Miva a better platform. :)

Replied August 2019

Pretty powerful eCommerce tool with some learning curve. Bit pricey for small business owners.

Pretty nice set of features that cover a broad range of business needs for eCommerce.

Pros

Impressive list of functionality, especially in the introductory pricing packages. It takes a bit of time to learn how to use it from the administrator's perspective but has quite a bit to offer in terms of features and functionality, including B2B capabilities.

Cons

The pricing model could use a little review and the ability to use it for a trial period is not very inviting and too limiting.

Miva's customer service gets 5 stars!

Pros

I have had a few issues and they are great at responding and following up to my and my team's requests. We are able to add a lot of customizations to our shopping cart and all these integrations are included within our package. Best of all, there has never been any extra charges.

Cons

The overall price is a bit high amongst its competitors. You get what you pay for. Also wish the analytics were more robust.

Tamara

August 2016

Miva Merchant Support

We have been using Miva Shopping chart for over a decade but just recently started using them as our webhost. We have been very pleased with their support team. The team is attentive and knowledgeable. They work quickly to resolve issues . This fact is very important to small internet store owners.

Pros

Miva's ability to sync with QB's and ShipWorks is a valued feature. We just could not process our orders as efficiently without it.

Cons

It has been a challenge to get accustomed to each new upgrade. Each one comes with it's own learning curve and it can be time consuming for small business owners to understand. That said, the upgrade from Miva 5.5 to 9 was seamless.

Colin

We have been with Miva since 2002. The cart and support have always been excellent.

An effective website shopping cart with 100% uptime that is intuitive and easy to use.

Pros

Miva is easy to use and flexible. Every time we have upgraded we have looked hard to see if there was something better value for money and did not find anything. Uptime on our cart has been very close to 100% and if we run into a problem the support staff are quick and very helpful.

Cons

I would like free, recovery of the abandoned, post-input, customer information URLs, containing the customer email and other information (just before shipping and payment method selection). Followed by an automatic promotion, module. Nobody else has this either

Miva Continues to Grow

At first it was a great platform which did what we needed but went downhill. It then went through a roller coaster of executive changes, is back on the right, and has great potential if development continues.

Pros

Extremely Flexible Platform, Easy to Code in, Tons of Plugins/Developers, Great Support from most Miva Staff. Dedicated Account Managers.

Cons

There are tons of small little nuances about the software that just make things so much more difficult. Especially in regards to bulk product editing. It is getting better, but just not there yet. Some customer support staff/account manager do not seem very knowledgeable or driven.

Todd

Very Happy Customer

Pros

Miva has been by my side over the last ten years of my e-commerce journey. The product allows me to customize and run my site in the way I want, and the support I receive when needed solves all problems that I may face in using the software.

Cons

There are some minor features I would like to see implemented that some competing products have. But overall, the software and the hosting is a good value for cost.

Industry: Music

Excellent tech support

The reason I stay with Miva is the EXCELLENT tech support. It's professional, capable, and patient. I've dealt with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in the past and found here truly excellent. One of the reasons I stay with Miva

Pros

Software works and if not, customer support will help make it work

Cons

Frequent dfficulty in logging in requiring a call to tech support Too expensive for a small site like mine

Dottie