All Rain POS Reviews

Carolyn

11 - 50 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2021

very good company to work with

Mary Virginia

Love this system!

I can get the reports I need and want. Tech support is wonderful. They are constantly updating and improving the software.

PROS

Product is very easy to use. It's nice that I can put items on my website right from the product page. Web page is easy to edit.

CONS

I wish there were more yarn and knitting notions vendors integrated into the system.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

The reps presented the information well. They answered any question I had and were willing to show me on a demo. The nicest people work here.

Molly

Textiles, 1 employee

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed September 2021

Rain/LikeSew vs GoDaddy

I am glad I took the plunge, put in the work, with the help of friends, and moved the shop over to Rain/LikeSew this past summer. It was worth the hard work and effort. I can now offer my customers specials and appreciation programs, keep up with inventory and manage files more efficiently.

PROS

LikeSew is more precise at managing my inventory and handling the day-to-day business of running my fabric store than GoDaddy ever was. I now know exactly how much inventory I have on hand and it's value and what categories it falls into.

CONS

There could be some improvements in the email marketing program and the inventory receipt areas.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

I had used Shopify at a friends business and I didn't like it.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

I had no control over inventory management and it was time to renew my GoDaddy products.

Holly

Disappointed

It was a rough year and a half trying to operate a business with that many mistakes from their side.

PROS

I liked that the website and the inventory were combined. That people could see in real time what we had in stock and purchase online. That was nice and was one of the main features of why we went with Rain originally.

CONS

We spent a lot of time and money on Rain POS. It was the first online computer software company we ever used for point of sale. I spent an entire year in 2017 logging our entire inventory, coming up with pricing and pictures and history on every item. We went live in 2018 and by April 2019 we were done with the contract side and we closed out the point of sale side by the end of that year. Their inconsistences within the contract module were too high. And every time we called in to tech support, all they could tell us what that there was a "glitch" in the system and they couldn't fix it within a timely manner. I really felt like I was losing the trust of my customers because of Rain's mistakes.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

Because of the umbrella effect: It linked our website with our store inventory in real time with our rental contracts. Everything was in one place. Sadly it was too good to be true.

Holly, thank you for taking time to share your experience with our POS software. Here at Rain, our main objective is helping small businesses like yours succeed, so the fact that you found us to be detrimental to your store is disheartening. We've been busy in the 12 months since you cancelled and have greatly improved our rent-to-own module. If you like, please contact us to see those enhancements.

Replied December 2020

Nick

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Great POS, Horrible customer service support.

PROS

Easy to use and has great functionality. Could have a little bit more functionality than it has to make it great. However they need more people to fix bugs and enact on others suggestions to develop the product further. Customer Support is a joke!

CONS

Customer Support is a joke! I contacted support about a glitch. I told them to call me because I broke my wrist and easier to explain than typing it out. They refused to call me as if their time was more valuable in R&D than fixing bugs. I cant type with a broken wrist. All this is one fingered.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

Realtime had 2 guys working for them and all i got was "sorry" everytime something went wrong. Sack of sorrows.

NATE

Make the switch to Rain!

I also love being able to track repairs, replacing our previous hand written system. Priceless.

PROS

Having out POS integrated with our website and Reverb is key for us, especially during recent times of shut down.

CONS

At times the system has quirks that are an annoyance to the user and is a low priority fix for developers.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

It was a simple but dated system that wasn't meeting our needs.

Lance

Reviewed February 2020

Rain POS

PROS

This is a great program that integrates a point of sale program with a website store that keep inventory stock levels on the website. The basics functions are easy to use and learn.

CONS

Rain POS needs to make some of the reporting more functional so that you can see product sales easier and for a monthly and yearly sense.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

Rain had the functionality to have a website with the POS program

Noel

Music, 2-10 employees

Noel Saucedo Co-owner

I have been a believer ever since i saw them at the Namm show.

PROS

The ease of this software is very important. Being a small business i really don't have an I.T department so you guessed it we all become the I.T department in our office. The templates are easy to fill out and get your online presence ready for your clients.

CONS

The con is not a Rain problem it's not having the time on our side to complete at this moment.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

The cloud and the synced website with ecommerce online sales.

Pheobe

An Outstanding POS System

I am able to work proficiently with everything except learning how to take my inventory and have it imported to QuickBooks.

PROS

I am able to input inventory into the system in a timely manner.

CONS

I wish Rain Retail system would import my inventory over to QuickBooks. I have to input inventories in the system twice.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

Rain Retail made me an offer that I was looking for.

Laura

Retail, 11-50 employees

Rain POS for Yarn Stores

No point of sale system is perfect. But we are happy with the functionality and effectiveness of Rain. The fact that Rain is continually improving and updating their system has only increased our satisfaction over the years.

PROS

We have used Rain POS (Like Sew) for over five years and are very satisfied with it. We love that our website (recently upgraded by Rain) integrates with our POS, keeping our inventory numbers accurate. The Point of Sale is very user friendly. Reporting is decent. The website is simple to update.

CONS

While there are sometimes reporting issues or technical issues, Rain has an easy process in place to report problems online or by phone, and they are generally responsive in a timely manner. Rain also has a method to make suggestions on how to change or update the POS/website. I appreciate that they are willing to take our suggestions! I do wish there was a report for Items Received; it would be nice to be able to create custom reports. The only major issue we have with Rain is when the system crashes - either because our internet goes out (in which case we are able to use our iPads on cellular to ring up customers) or because Rain goes down. Luckily, this is very rare! And when it's Rain's issue, it is usually remedied quickly. Finally, it would be great if Rain integrated with Sage Accounting software. We have to manually transfer data from Rain's reports into Sage Accounting. This is time consuming.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

We wanted to integrate our website and our point of sale system.

Max

Music, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2020

Great for a music shop like us. Room for improvement but they're working on it

Anyone who has migrated from one system to another knows how time-intensive and frustrating the whole process can be. RAIN's support team made the onboarding experience as painless as possible. Their support has continued long after the initial onboarding and I feel very confident in their ability to help us whenever we hit a roadblock and need help. It's also encouraging to see their development team constantly fixing bugs and rolling out new features. They are not the kind of company to rest on their laurels.

PROS

RAIN lives in the cloud and being able to access our POS from any device is a huge advantage over the POSs we were using before. The Rent-To-Own module helped simplify a very important part of our business. Integrating with REVERB has helped extend our e-commerce reach across the country. The user interface is clean and user-friendly; just what you'd expect from a modern cloud-based platform.

CONS

The marketing platform did not meet our expectations. The email marketing in particular is not up to what I would consider industry standard in terms of the template builder, contact management, scheduled emails, segmented lists, and analytics. We have since dropped that add-on and went with ActiveCampaign which is light years ahead.

Reasons for switching to Rain POS

The former product was not great.

Music, 2-10 employees

Reviewed June 2019

Software with lots of dreams but lots of issues

Rental, class, and automatically populating the website is a big help for us saving time. It hasn't really made us more money as advertised.

PROS

Overall, this product has helped us get our products on the web and other selling sites quicker than in the past. The rental and class features have saved us a bunch of time

CONS

Too many bugs in almost every feature. In addition, bugs are fixed and changes are made without communication to the user base. Rain keeps adding features but the basic features still are buggy especially in accounting for costs and inventory valuation. In addition, once a bug is submitted and sent to development, we are not sure of the timing of the fix or the actual fix.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

Rental and class features and integration with Reverb.

Jeremy

Reviewed February 2017

The POS system that I was looking for.

I'm the owner of the NAMM 2015 & 2016 Top 100 Dealer, The Acoustic Shoppe in Springfield, MO. We tried the "big guy" of our industry, and found it to be outdated and not user friendly. After a year of attempting to get it up and running, we started looking for an alternative when we ran across RAIN POS. It feels like navigating a website through your browser so it was easy to learn. Within a little over one month we had our website built, products in our system, and were live with running transactions. I love that everything in in the cloud, so I can run sales in my parking lot, at festivals, trade shows, etc., or just access reports anywhere from my phone. Putting items on our website is just a button clicked, and inventory is shared online and locally so if I sell online, it's taken out of stock in my local system, and vise versa. So far customer support has been great to work with. We have run across a few minor bugs in the day to day use, but they are pretty quick at getting it straightened out. I'm sure it doesn't have all the depth of that other system, but I'm able to use it and they are adding features very quickly. We don't do rentals right now, so I can't say how well that part works. We do a lot of repairs, some sent off site, and the work order module works great for keeping up to date with the repair status. We're waiting on the Lessons module that we here is in the works, and a better way to handle consignments and trades. So far we are very happy with RAIN POS and our interactions with customer support. I highly recommend.

PROS

Ease of use, and integration with our e-commerce site.

CONS

There are a few features that I'm waiting on that will tailor the system more for the music industry.

Miles

Reviewed February 2018

The future of how small businesses survive

Using this system allows you to provide a customer experience on par with, or even better than, what is expected from a successful business in the 21st.

PROS

Feature laden! and they are still developing more music store specific features! One customer data base, one inventory database. Integrated POS system, integrated Wed Store, integrated repairs system. Then add on: integrated short term rentals, rent to own with auto pay, layaway, email marketing abilities, gift card ability, coupon ability, push products to Reverb ability, create and save quotes under a customer name, track store account balances and apply to transactions, purchasing lists by vendor populated with qty triggered items and with and easy receiving and item costs updating. Outstandingly responsive customer service!

CONS

Still waiting on the private lesson feature =( But it is in development and it sounds like it will be finished Spring of 2018. Would be great to see invoicing against a quote so I could do school business with schools requiring a PO number on an invoice for payment.

Todd

Reviewed February 2017

User friendly POS/Website for a small business.

Rain POS has allowed me to present the entire inventory of my retail shop available online. When photos for my items are not available from vendors, I snap a few with my iphone and they are uploaded in seconds. I am not a computer tech by any means, but have found making changes to my site an easy task. When in doubt I find one of the helpful webinars and by he end of the viewing I am comfortable tackling the next task. Customer service has been prompt and thorough. I have not had to call often, but when I do the matter is resolved within minutes. This is a plus as I typically operate my shop alone. Recently I realized that I was not utilizing the SEO portion of Rain to it's fullest potential. My google placement was lagging back on pages 4 to 7. I spent 3 hours watching a webinar provided by Rain and spent a few weeks plucking away at my site. I am happy to say that 60 days later I am appearing on the first page of searches I deem important. One again I was able to accomplish this utilizing tools provided by Rain, not by paying an outside SEO company for this service. Overall I am extremely happy with Rain and have recommended it to several other business in my area.

PROS

Ease of use even for a person not formally trained in computer technology.

CONS

Just a few small glitches here and there, but they continue to make improvements and they are quickly resolved.

Reviewed February 2022

Overall review of Rain POS

Overall experience has been 90% positive, & with help from tech support, makes it easy to identify areas we need to improve our knowledge of the system

PROS

Ability to track sales & purchases on a daily basis if needed

CONS

Length of time that it takes to make requested changes in the software

Gwen

Retail, 2-10 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed February 2022

Customer support is awesome

Wonderful

PROS

Easy to use, and help with inventory and daily and year end reports

CONS

We have no suggestions for any new features we would like to see.

Reason for choosing Rain POS

recommended by other small retil shops

Cost and ease of use