• Pros

• "It is easy, user friendly and malleable to customize to your needs."

• "Easy to follow/use dashboard & functionality and easy to integrate into WordPress "

• "- Adding and editing products is a breeze - Exporting statements easily for accounting cycles - Using discounts and codes are way better than our old system"

• Cons

• "Nothing to add here. The software is great. No critique so far."

• "It's a solid software to start and grow business, no cons "

• "There is very little I do not like. I think the analytics could be more sophisticated but overall for the price I do not feel disatisfied."

Browse Selz Reviews

Solo SELZ USER, To BENEFIT NEW CUSTOMERS

When I present my business card to new friends, and business associates, and recommend that they can go to SELZ, to see my SALES page, and are invited to download one of my books, for FREE, I always receive a gracious SMILE. Thank you SELZ, for the opportunity.

Pros

I have always found SELZ STAFF to be very polite and immediately helpful, answering ALL my requests. Makes me feel like I'm part of the SELZ Family.

Cons

I was not fully aware of ALL many excellent the features, and kept learning each time I communicated with a TEAM Member, that there was yet another option, for my sales benefit.

Reasons for Choosing Selz

I liked the name SELZ, then when I went to their website, I really enjoyed, the easy use for potential SALES & MARKETING opportunities, and I was very happy to stay with them.

NIcola from Oceanview Resources

Amazing value for money

Brilliant...whenever I have got stuck or had an issue, the support team go above and beyond to help me out. I love SELZ.....there aren't enough words available to express my satisfaction for this amazing platform. I even have it linked to my Facebook page.....and can sell straight from there...AMAZINg

Pros

I love the format, and the ease at which I can upload digital products to my store. I really like that I can offer discount codes, host a blogging platform and integrate it with all social media platforms. Being able to accept a variety of payment systems is most definitely a bonus. I did a lot of research before signing up with SELZ over 4 years ago, and it has been the best single investment I have made in my small business

Cons

I must admit I did prefer the older inventory style to see what I had in my store, and would like the option to go back to that style if it were offered. I would also like more control over the image size on the main page

Reasons for Choosing Selz

Price, no horrible plugins or worpress style add ons. Ease of use

Response from Selz

Replied June 2020

Thank you for this great review Nicola! We are constantly making updates and will share your compliments and comments with our team!

Brady from Gateway Grizzlies

Fantastic Merch Software!

We've been using this software for only our online store at our baseball stadium. We recently have transitioned to using the Square POS system in our physical team store. The transition has been fast and effective.

Pros

Cons

I wish there was a function on when you are checking out that you can have a "you may want this smaller item" notification pop up. No one wants to pay for shipping on a small thing.. but if you buy a t-shirt and a smaller item, the shipping then makes sense. If this function is available, we just haven't found it yet.

Reasons for Switching to Selz

Glitnir was just so clunky and did not work efficiently. Selz is the exact opposite; fast, efficient, and looks great.

Response from Selz

Replied June 2020

Thank you Brady! We're so glad you are happy with Selz! I also want to let you know that our devs are working on upsell options, keep an eye out for updates soon!

Cal from Wellness Creative Co.

Easy to use payment software

I use Selz to process payments for digital products like ebooks and templates. It’s allowed me to build a passive income from scratch, their website also has lots of educational resources to inspire business ideas.

Pros

I love how easy Selz is to set up and embed in a website. Their customer support is also outstanding (even if you’re on the free plan). The visual design of the payment gateway is slick and modern.

Cons

You have to upgrade to a paid plan if you want to accept PayPal payments.

Reasons for Choosing Selz

It provided an end-to-end solution and looks sleeker/more professional on my site design-wise.

Response from Selz

Replied July 2020

Thank you Cal!

Jeanie from Dove's Fire Ministries

Great Platform

Overall, it's been a great experience. I love how easy it is to set up the site and create pages, etc. I have worked with a couple of other similar sites and I have to say that Selz is my choice.

Pros

The best part is being able to set it up quickly. I was able to go from nothing to a full-blown bookstore with just a few clicks. It is easy to work with and didn't take long to figure out how to use the templates etc. I also like that I can add my own metadata (SEO).

Cons

I don't really have any cons, except that when you change something it seems you have to go chase settings that should be automatic. For instance, when I added hard copy books to my store, you would think it would automatically collect addresses so I could send the book to customers who purchase it. Instead, I had to go through "help" and find the specific setting to collect the address so I could send the books to paying customers.

Reasons for Choosing Selz

It's a lot easier to use and faster to set up. I also like the site structure better as it's easier to navigate.

Response from Selz

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your comments and feedback Jeanie!

Chelsea from The Creative Business Strategist

Awesome!!!!!

I use Selz to help sell my marketing ecourses and digital downloads and I have found it easy to use

Pros

I love how easy it is to upload my digital products, and the ease of my customers receiving them.

Cons

The ease of putting stuff where I want it to be.

Reasons for Choosing Selz

Again, the ease of what I needed if for. I found it easy.

a recommendation

Katy from Cuban Boxing Coach

Excellent Customer service

We only had 1 product to sell and it was our first product. We needed a solution that was easy to brand and easy for the customer to purchase and allowed control of our end product. Setting it up for the first time meant I had to learn everything from the beginning, including editing a video, working out payments, solving problems that were not related to Selz, reaching our demographic etc. So when it came to setting up the shop it was another learning curve and the instant responses from Selz were always helpful and very pleasant. They don't just send you to a bot and point you to an article, they have real time support. When they didn't have the answer (which was practically never) they would come back to me once they had found it out. There are cheaper options and even comparable options but the customer service level for me is what made this successful.

Pros

Very easy to use and highly customisable. So I was able to create a professional looking page to sell only one product. Lots of flexibility to manage the product.

Reasons for Choosing Selz

It took 10 days for Teachable to answer my first query. They were understaffed due to the Coronavirus situation so it may not be their standard response time however Selz responded instantaneously. I had so many questions in the beginning that it would literally have taken me weeks to get started if I hadn't had the help. Also, Teachable seemed to be set up for a more developed business with more products. Selz has that option but also works for a first product, first time business.

Response from Selz

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your great feedback Katy! I will share your generous comments with our customer support team :) Thank you, Jana

Bill from The Dream Shop LLC

Industry: Sporting Goods

Never an issue..it just works, and at a reasonable price

E-delivery of about 60 electronic manuals and books. Works like a charm/

Pros

After using this software now for three years, the lack of "drama" is a notable feature. It simply works. My older provider(s) consistently gave clients problems with downloading electronic products and caused me to have to get involved. That never happens here. This software simply "works"

Cons

I wish I could customize my post-ordering message. I don't like referring to my customers as "Hey Tom". I would like customers to have a login so they can get secure upgrades to their e-products, the way it is now I need to devise codes and mail upgrade news to all past buyers in MailChimp, and I wish this was integrated into Selz.

Reasons for Choosing Selz

best value for features required.

troublesome older software

Response from Selz

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the feedback Bill, we're definitely exploring more customization options.

Ron from Real Swing Golf

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Great platform for selling digital products!

I would say that my overall experience with Selz has been a very positive experience with great customer support and answers to my questions the odd time that I've needed help.

Pros

I find that the features and the user interface are logical and easy to use. There's rarely a time when I get stuck figuring out how to use any of the features and the odd time that I do, Selz' excellent support staff are there to assist via live chat.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything that I feel is missing from the software. My digital download golf instruction videos business is fairly simple so I wouldn't be what you would call a 'deep user' of all the Selz features but for what I do, Selz has been great!

Response from Selz

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your excellent comments Ron!

Andrena from P.E.R.K. Consulting

Easy to Use

Pros

As a service-based business it was challenging to decide which platform to use to monetize a new product line. We ultimately decided to use Selz because the website and features are user-friendly and streamlined. We worried about having to hire additional providers to integrate on digital platforms, but we were able to do everything ourselves in a short amount of time. It also helps that their chat feature connects you to an actual person immediately. We recently upgraded our account because we're so pleased. Highly recommend!

Cons

We would like to be able to add the store to more than one Facebook page.

Response from Selz

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review Andrena!

Adam from Adam Bean

Selz is Super Simple to Use

Selz makes it quick and easy to test new products and build an email list which is extremely important for any online business.

Pros

Intergation into a Wordpress Site is seamless. You can have your Selz Store up and running in a very short {under and hour} space of time.

Cons

The way Categories show up on your website needs work. It could do with more control over how and where you show them.

Response from Selz

Replied August 2020

We're glad you've found our platform a useful alternative to Shopify, and we appreciate the feedback!

Susan from Vast Five

Industry: Publishing

Susan James Review of Selz

My Overall Experience with Selz is Excellent. Customer Service as mentioned above, Always outstanding. Except for the wanting to use new templates, but cant figure it out 'easily', which I think is more on 'me', I very much enjoy the platform and the howtos and the integrations with mailchimp and wordpress. My main site on Selz is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]

Pros

Always, easy to use and to set up and add and change products. and most importantly, whenever Ive had an issue with something, always on my end of a learning curve, customer service was always quick to respond and they always knew the product well.

Cons

I prefer to not say anything about liking it least, but the only area I have a challenge with is when I decide to change the template. I really like the basic one that I have, but you cant move things around. and the other templates and again, Im sure it's 'me', but I cant find a way to make it an easy thing to do, so I keep the basic. I currently have 2 selz sites and 'might' use the one I dont promote much as a practice, but also thinking of just keeping the one site.

Brandon from CraftMath Tutorials

Selz is awesome for selling items online!

Customer service at Selz is great as well! They respond quickly through their website chat.

Pros

I sell alot of digital content through my website and Selz makes it easy to do so. I'm paid once a month, but you can choose your payment frequency. Their basic plan suffices for a small business like mine and it is affordable at just under $30 per month. Selling just ONE item on my website nearly pays for that. It is a no brainer. Also, for PDF documents, you can stamp the buyer's info to prevent piracy.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints so far. I have used Selz for about a year now and I just recently upgraded from the free plan so that I can sell more items.

Response from Selz

Replied May 2020

Thank you for your generous review and comments Brandon!

Richard from Drum-A-Long by Rhythmic Magic

Regular E-commerce vs Selz

When I first started using E-commerce there was a monthly fee as well as per sale charges. I also had close to 100 fraudulent claims. I have had no problems with Selz in the over 5 years of using them for online sales. I just pay 2.8% + 30¢ transaction fee. Life is easy! :)

Pros

When I first started using Selz I had my web designer set up everything. When I wanted to add a product or remove anything I realize I can do it all myself it was extremely easy! I changed my shipping price today and it took less than a minute. :) I also like to offer specials and discount codes which are a snap. Bravo Selz!

Cons

The only problem I have had so far is selling my digital music. I was able to upload one song for sale but I can't seem to add new ones. It's a little more complicated and everything needs to be converted into mp3, mp4 etc. That's easy enough but I still have some trouble. I will read up some more on it!

Victoria from Money Munchkids

Good for entrepreneurs

Pros

The set up and use interface is very easy to use and intuative. I love the various features and the ability to create things like discount codes, etc

Cons

Havent had much trouble with it actually.

Response from Selz

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your great feedback Victoria!

Quentin from Record Redux Books

Industry: Music

User friendly software site to sell your wares

Positive and easy.

Pros

It is easy, user friendly and malleable to customize to your needs.

Cons

No cons; I enjoy using the software for my business.

Joël from E-COMMERCE / TUTO MARKETING

EASY USE / CHECKOUT "SAAS" PAYMENT SUBSCRIPTION SYSTEM FOR CUSTOMERS

GOOD ! But please do it this QUICK "SAAS" payment system checkout for our customers !!!

Pros

Easy Use and integration ! Great Templates (more template is better) !

Cons

So ! You should please put in place a SAAS payment system so that we CEOs can offer this payment option to our customers as there is a lot of demand for it; moreover it is the new trend and will subsequently be a standard! I hope that SELZ will very quickly put this SAAS Checkout system! SELZ please, don't miss this very important wagon !

Response from Selz

Replied August 2020

Thanks for the feedback, and we really appreciate the review.

Mohammad from Novel Bits

Industry: Wireless

Great platform for managing, selling, and delivering digital products

Pros

Setup was relatively simple and provides the most common and necessary features for managing and delivering paid (and free) digital products.

Cons

No way of creating tiered offerings of the same product (you have to create separate product listings for each). There are limitations to how you can use the embedded product listing. Wish payments were disbursed faster (it takes at least 7 days).

Giuseppe from Giuseppe Pipia

E-commerce made easy.

Pros

I liked most the ease of use and the affordable prices for those that do not have a lot of production per year, but that want to sell their products. Enough customization for every step: from the object description to the emails sent to customers. Even the ability to keep track of orders as they develop from being bought to being completed. For people new to e-commerce, is a valid option.

Cons

That there are no free options. For people that do not have a lot to sell, and even at a low price, the commissions for payments could be enough, if limited to few objects to sell. Otherwise it's flawless in my opinion.

Josh from Fresh Fresh

Robust, Flexible & Affordable Selling Platform

Pros

I sell digital downloads so the option so sell digital files was a must. Setup was simple. The user interface is easy to use and their support is very helpful. I've build eCommerce sites on several other platforms. Selz is cost less to operate than other platforms out there with all the necessary features. I would recommend Selz to anyone who wants their own eCommerce website.

Cons

I would imagine that as the platform grows other software developers will build supporting features. They do not have as many options with addons, etc... yet.

Nick from Cult Drum Sounds

Industry: Music

I used to be on Sendowl... Selz made me switch!

I love that they don't have a bandwidth limit per month like other sites. My digital products are large in size and overtime I sold one on Sendowl, it would take a huge chunk of the allotted bandwidth limit for that month. Then it would charge me a ridiculous fee per GB after I went past that limit. This is all built in and my customers have no complained at all about download speeds. Thankful for the switch from Sundown to Selz!

Pros

I love using the Selz software. It is easy to use, easy to build sites and products, discounts, emails... whatever you need to do, Selz does it better!

Cons

So far my experience with Selz has been only positive!

stephen from assured hypnotherapy

excellent system

It has been great and easy to use.

Pros

Ease of use, even a non IT person can use the set up and if you are ever stuck Selz are quick to help.

Cons

N/A, I have found the system easy and user friendly and it links to all your social media. So as of yet I have found no negative side to selz.

Ricardo from Video Fullness

Best Online Platform to sell online

Pros

Is very easy to use and implement. You can sell your products online in less than 5 minutes.

Cons

Nothing to say. Maybe the price could be better for small companies.

Response from Selz

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your review Ricardo!

Tom from FTJ Creative LLC

Easy to Use Integration

Pros

The layout of Selz is bold and easy to use, and I don't recall ever having a problem from a customer with an order.

Cons

Like any platform there is a learning curve, but it is not too difficult. After integrating it into a website, it works well but sometimes feels like there are one or two too many steps for the end user/customer to get a digital download. It is not difficult or confusing, but with today's online pace, it feels like that process could be streamlined by a click or two.

Response from Selz

Replied June 2020

Thank you for your feedback Tom! We appreciate those details as we continue to make updates.

Keetria from Style of Business

Industry: Online Media

Great platform for small businesses & entrepreneurs

Pros

Cons

It's a solid software to start and grow business, no cons

Ellen from Ellen Blogs

Industry: Online Media

The easiest way to sell digital products

Pros

I love how easy it is to use Selz. You don't need a lot of technical skills to set it up. And, you have a product up for sale in just a few minutes.

Cons

Nothing. This is honestly the best alternative out there.

Response from Selz

Replied August 2020

Thanks so much for the review and the appreciation Ellen!

Christopher from KOR Ministries

Great Tool

Overall a great online service for creatives.

Pros

It's very easy to use and I appreciate the tools

Cons

That the prices went up since 2015 When I first used it

Tyree from Relentless Academy

Industry: Online Media

Perfect for My Small Business!

Pros

Being about to promote and package my coaching services to clients through Selz has been so liberating from stress or solo entrepreneurship. Creating and Uploading Digital products with ease gives other creators a place to set up and test their product in the open market.

Cons

Integrating Selz as a platform for my business was a snap! The only con I have is not finding them sooner.

Response from Selz

Replied August 2020

Thanks so much for the kind words Tyree!

Toya from Toya Talks

Great Site

Gret site and service not clunky easy to use and great functionality for my business.

Pros

Very easy and efficient to use. Customers have complemented the ease of use too.

Cons

Nothing to add here. The software is great. No critique so far.

Response from Selz

Replied June 2020

Thank you so much for your comments Toya! Thank you, Jana

JOSEPH MADIBA from Cardinal Paradise

Industry: Environmental Services

TWO THUMUTHUMBS UP!!

super good, super exciting , wonderful.

Pros

easy of use, it is user friendly. the interface is good,

Cons

nothing much, I liked everything about selz