• Pros

• "My favourite thing about this software is how user friendly it is. As someone with limited computer knowledge, I found the set and up upkeep to be very easy."

• "It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth."

• "I like how each product is laid out in a tile with the image on the front. It makes it very easy to identify the product and add it to the cart."

• Cons

• "the price is the only downfall I can think of. that I least like about the software. Apart from that it's great and does what it should do."

• "I did sign up for this when it first came out so I had to "wait" a few weeks before it got to me, which was not a big deal but really was the only con . no complaints as of yet"

• "It would be great if we could customize products with in the the app. It and adjust the taxes being charged. "

Browse Shopify POS Reviews

Kaden from Kj's Dresses and Ties

Revolutionized My Business

Awesome. They’ve changed our business to one that was making $500 a month to one that has quadrupled in size in just a year.

Pros

I have been so impressed with everything that Shopify offers. Their reporting, different integrations, website building, all of it is so impressive.

Cons

I haven’t found anything that I don’t like about Shopify. I’ve been very impressed with them from the beginning.

Maile from Boutique Academia

Mostly good

Despite the minor flaws, I still use Shopify POS because it is the easiest POS solution for my business. The pricing is fine as well.

Pros

The Shopify POS is linked to my product list, which makes it easy to select which product(s) shoppers are buying.

Cons

It was hard to set a temporary sales tax. I live in Oregon where we don't have a sales tax, but sometimes travel to other states for conventions or shows. While at the show I need a way to set a location-based temporary sales tax and at the same time allow my online customers to check out without any sales tax. That was surprisingly hard to do last time I used Shopify POS. It's possible the problem has been fixed by now... I haven't used it since before the pandemic started.

Reasons for Switching to Shopify POS

My website is with Shopify and it was both more convenient to use Shopify POS and slightly cheaper than Square.

Daniel from Notaa

I can do the same on Square for FREE

Pros

Integrates with my Shopify Store (Something Square Cant), great for inventory across online offline, integrates with Epson printers.

Cons

PRICE, Shopify POS is expensive and does not require the price tag when compared to the competition. IT has an app store but those apps addon more price to the monthly fees. Also, the Shopify POS's payment terminal doesn't support TAP which is pretty bad. Switched to Square and never going back.

Megan from ThunderStomp Threadz

Highly recommend

Overall, I would refer any in person sellers to this software.

Pros

I love this software because it is so easy to deploy and operate. Also the way that the hands held card reader is shaped is very nice. The software itself integrates smoothly with my Shopify store, and it runs perfectly.

Cons

There is not anything I would change about this software as of right now. It works great and integrates well.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

It integrated with my store and the handheld scanner was free.

Kelly from Refillery LA

Not a fan of the app update

The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

Pros

Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

Cons

I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

Justin from Wild Child Bikes

Easy to use. Powerful.

It's great for my website and makes fulfilling orders easy.

Pros

Just the basic version of Shopify is powerful enough to run a successful e-commerce website. The addition add-ons make you an unstoppable entrepreneur as you can build a custom store to fit your needs.

Cons

I wish you could build a website beyond your web-store within Shopify. You can build pages and do workarounds to make it feel more complete but it lacks some functions you would get from say... Blue Host or Squarespace, or Wix.

Brittany from Safe Home Pro, Inc.

Big fan of everything Shopify does

Great for small businesses.

Pros

They really are a powerhouse. I have always been a fan of Shopify compared to their competitors. All of their software is smooth and user-friendly. So of course their POS is too. Very easy to setup, great for beginners, small shops, bloggers. Can be completely automated and is easy to setup. I like that they make it easy to integrate with so many different programs and locations. I used Square before Shopify POS and I would say they're comparable in the way they function and look, however, Shopify's offers a lot more integrations and setups. I have always felt secure using this system as well.

Cons

I really don't have any complaints for this software. It does exactly what I need it to do.

Lincey from Arthlin Jewelry LLC

Great to charge credit cards at shows and fairs

I much prefer Shopify POS than Paypal here, Stripe and Etsy reader (I tried them all).

Pros

Easy to use, non-laggy software to process credit card payments in person. The whole catalog from my Shopify store is connected and each product can be easily added to the bill. I often use the 'Quick sale' option for fast checkouts on which we simply enter the amount to charge. Shopify sent a free credit card reader that can read chips. The charge on the reader lasts for well over a day, which is perfect when you don't have access to power.

Cons

Sometimes (rarely) my phone and the reader won't detect each other and I have to enter the credit card number manually, which isn't ideal.

Tom from Marketfair Commerce dba Goldspot Pens

Open a store or a booth at a trade show, no problem!

I could say about the software is that it needs an internet connection to function. That can be a problem if you're working a booth at an exhibition or show where the wifi or cell service is spotty. Granted, there has to be some way to transmit credit card information to get it approved, but it still is a trouble that the shop keeper has to manage.

Pros

Shopify's POS app is stupid simple to use. It takes payments on the fly and seamlessly integrates with the online store. It sets up in seconds and works on a moment's notice. Using it for day-to-day business or trade shows, the POS software is extremely nimble fits your every selling need.

Sierra from Adel Chefridi

A Really Great POS

The tracking and reporting of sales has been so much easier. I love the emails you receive after each order is processed.

Pros

We switched to this POS after switching our website to Shopify. Having all payments go through one system is so much better for our business and makes reporting so much easier. I love that it links to our website so you do not have to enter in product information twice.

Cons

There is currently nothing that I do not like about this product.

Stephanie from Green Beanery

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

Pros

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot. Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

Cons

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for. Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

Shopify is by far the best shopping cart I've every used, and the POS is no exception.

It's constantly saving us money. With Shopify POS we don't have to spend anything extra for the POS support that connects into our existing shopping cart.

Pros

VALUE. Shopify allowed us to have a free developer account to test and work through our hesitations before paying a penny for the cart. The POS system comes with the cart for free, it works flawlessly on any apple device, I haven't tried the android offering, but I'm sure it's great as well. The account comes with multiple logins for managing employees with specified permissions for keeping eyes and fingers out of places they shouldn't be. And to top it all off it has a fantastic API connection that allows us to connect it to our Fishbowl Inventory Management system, which brings in the orders from both cart and POS and sorts the inventory out, handles the shipping with shipstation, posts back tracking and fulfills the orders in shopify and all the while capturing all the financial data in QB. I could seriously fire multiple employees for all the time and work this automation is doing for me.

Cons

If I had to complain it would be that there are some things you can't customize that you might be able to with one of the self hosted carts such as magento, woocommerce, or even magento 2.

Jessica from TDF LLC

love centralizing my POS and website together!

got us more sales!~

Pros

I was using square as my POS for a long time and it worked fine for years I had zero complaints but something better came along shopify POS ... the reason i decided to switch over (again i had 0 issue w square i loved it) is because my website runs on shopify so its alot nicer to be able to ring customers up and tie it to my website i can then add them to my email list , aesthetically it looks nicer esp on the customers end, i can literally sell items from my website on the go! love it! helps me track what i sell more of, which makes my job easier! the fees are decent.

Scotty from Indy Over Everything, LLC

Shopify's POS Software makes our in-person events happen

My overall experience with the POS software has been extremely positive. I have only had issues when I've brought the POS Hardware into the equation with faulty and unreliable bluetooth pairing.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the ability to use it in a few different ways. During an event, I can use the search feature to add the actual product to the shopping cart for better inventory keeping, or I can do a "quick sale" and just enter the total amount for custom orders. I really like the flexibility there.

Cons

The pairing of the software and the hardware (credit card reader, in this case) is spotty at best. There are a lot of times that we have to manually enter CC information because we can't get the bluetooth pairing to work correctly. Would love a physical "docking" ability as a failsafe.

Daniel from Utzy Naturals

Fantastic POS Software

Pros

I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

Cons

This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

Brenda from Stay Winning Boutique

Pros

I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

Cons

The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

Jonathan from Good Ink

Needs some work to become a full featured POS system

Pros

Relatively easy to set up with recommended hardware for not a ton of money. Runs off an iPad and supports multiple users and cash management. Isn't like a lot of the antiquated POS systems out there

Cons

Checkout flow can be slow which is difficult when there is a long line. Wish it were better at handling exchanges and returns. Would require us to go to the web version of Shopify to get full access to order controls.

Lorie from Kaley Jase boutique

4 year user

I have loved using Shopify pos

Pros

Ease of use, that it can be set up on an iPad, wireless scanner capabilities. Easily to do phone orders. Syncs with website

Cons

Returns can tend to be difficult at times due to the new update. Sometimes I only want to do store credit but it will give me an option to put it on their credit card only so we have to manually figure it out. The old version was much better in my opinion.

Quick, easy, professional ecommerce presence

Pros

I work everyday in Shopify and it makes the checkout process for our customers easy peazy. Less pain points and a fast, digestiable checkout process for all. Whether it be creating products, collections, modifying our blogs or more, it makes our lives easier to have a fantastic software to work with.

Cons

I wish we could schedule the rotating banner. This would make life so much easier than having to create and publish the night before or minutes before our launches. Also, make the box in the PAGES expandable rather than the fixed size.

Lidia from Storymakery

Great Option for Our Business

Pros

Shopify POS is our main POS system for a large retail space. Easy to use and train all staff. Easy to integrate with other systems.

Cons

The Shopify shop is a bit too templated as well as the products. Need quite a few extensions to modify and customize products.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

The platform is great for any team as it is easy to use and easy to train on.

Willoughby from Essential Home Services

Awesome service for POS

Using Shopify POS has made a huge impact overall in our business and customer relations. We can keep much better records and communication with both clients and customers. This makes the service well worth the price and a dire necessity to any business! Try it for one month and you’ll never use another POS system again.

Pros

Perfect system for POS! The seamless way of operating make this service a breeze to work with. As an admin you have free range to adjust your stock and service ms and much more! This ability to customize the POS system is my favorite part about Shopify.

Cons

You are limited in the free trial to what you can test. It is worth purchasing the service because without buying in, you cannot customize your system.

Jonathon from Mile High Astronomy

POS is right

Shopify is CREATING business problems, not solving them. Their tax tables are often wrong, meaning that their screwups are effecting our profits.

Pros

It is relatively simple to train someone on, and then to use.

Cons

The customer support is abysmal. Shopify screwed up the tax rates. This means either we could shut down until they fixed it - which took a week - or we could charge everyone less tax than we needed to collect . . . and then pay to the municipality. Shopify couldn't care less that they had screwed this up.

Jessi from RRC

Satisfied

Pros

Cons

We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

Jennifer from Retailer

Industry: Museums and Institutions

Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options.

It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

Pros

Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

Cons

Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

The mobile card reader equipment all sets up about the same, but as we were already using Shopify for our on-line sales, there was no additional charge and they offered a free card reader, but also gave us the option of using a different reader as well. Review were good, and except for the ability to create a product with a variable price, it is great.

We use Shopify for eCommerce sales. Some sales are placed via phone that we enter through Shopify.

Ease of use, communication about accounts is so easy, works great with our accounting software and marketing automation. Shopify has made the CSR team much more effective.

Pros

Ease of use - we used to have magento and it was not easy to use at all. Shopify is simple to place all orders and we love the notes section. The notes allow our CSR team to communicate effectively and efficiently regarding accounts.

Cons

Honestly, we have not found anything that we don't like yet. We also use the marketing automation for our customers which is a great tool.

Pamela from Style Mutt

Excellent E-Commerce Program

Pros

We love everything about Shopify. It's easy to use. Allows us to check out customers at our retail store or out at an event when we use our iPad Mini.

Cons

We had not had any real problems with Shopify. Occasionally when an update was done we had to change a couple settings.

Great for my part time side buisness!

As an artist who is still working a full time day job, I love how easy it is to post my items for sale. I normally am trying to fit in when I can during my off hours so the more simple it is, the better for me!

Pros

Cons

There isn't much I would change about the Shopify POS but I would like for the page with the list of items to be a little more organized and easier to search.

Reasons for Choosing Shopify POS

I had used Shopify POS at the company I work for so I didn't consider alternative. I knew the features and how easy it was to use and that was good enough for me!

James from Health, Wellness & Fitness

Makes selling items at events super easy!

Over all it really makes selling items at events really easy and quick!

Michael from Style Mutt

Works Great

Pros

Powerful program. It basically runs our brick and mortar store. All products, financial reports, product sales are all in one place. Accessing by cell phone. lab top or home PC make it invaluable.

Aubrey from Callforce

Easy to use for small business

Shopify has been great as a shopper because it helps me have all of my information in one place.

Pros

I really love using Shopify when I am shopping on small business sites because it is easy to use, has the option for me to put in my email to remember all of my personal information, and saves my credit cards.

Cons

Because this is a very simple software, I don't like how it isn't able to grow with a business. Over time, a business would need to invest in a larger platform.

Best Way to Become an Online Seller

We have been selling our products online and making a good revenue thanks to Shopify for a smooth way of creating your online store.

Pros

Now selling your product on the E-commerce site has just got better with Shopify, I can upload my products and make it available to buyers with the help of this software.

Cons

I think this software is great you just need to make sure you keep upgrading it on time as and when they have a new update.

Lawrence from Infusions

A great POS add on if you have Shopify already as your eCommerce platform.

Pros

A really good platform addon for the Shopify eCommerce platform having all your in-store shop orders in one place along with your online orders.

Cons

Matthew from Lucci Music, Inc.

Industry: Music

Quick software with nice looking UI. Easy to navigate and works well with integrated hardware

Pros

Keeps track of all products online. Easy to make changes on the fly or take multiple types of payments.

Cons

Does not know to merge clients (always multiples or cannot find them), does not allow to look up client info from the orders page on the app

Joe from The Novo Geek

Great for Most People, But Could Use More Work to be World-Class

Pros

Ability to take orders on iPad or phone at conventions and other physical brick-and-mortar locations. Of course, being able to tie into our online store directly is a great plus, as well.

Cons

No "offline" orders, so it always requires some sort of Internet connection, so you need to either be near a wifi hotspot, or have a cellular connection. And, of course, if your connection has drops and other issues, orders may not sync correctly with your Shopify store. Also, GUI could use some work in terms of flow and process. Additionally, the ability to use the phone or iPad camera as barcode scanner would be of great benefit, instead of having to purchase another peripheral to worry about.

Alexa from Northwest

Industry: Textiles

Used for Good Morning America

many users on the site at once and not having to worry about the website crashing

Pros

Easy to navigate in the backend; can handle many users on the website at once; great customer service to reach out to

Cons

had to add on an exporter to download orders in a certain fashion - this created errors for our internal team

Nicole from Kaka'ako Kasuals

Simple and straightforward

There's definitely room for improvement with the POS system and I appreciate that it informs me when there's an update available.

Pros

I like that it links to my store pretty seamlessly and has all my customer information stored. I like the card reader as well. The life of the card reader lasts a while too.

Cons

We run a lot of promos and the POS doesn't carry over the promo codes that I created on the desktop version. Even when I input the promo code for the customer, the data doesn't carry over. A lot of the times the receipt email won't send to customers.

Josh from Carolina Kettle

Reciew

Pros

I love being able to see how my company has done on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.

Cons

Some of the features are hard for my workers to access and use without my help

Great point of connection from the office to the retail store

Pros

Shopify POS simplifies the Shopify app for the sake of in-person transactions in a smooth and aesthetically pleasing way. Easy to use for our sales associates and reads well to customers.

Cons

Lacks some of the features (editing and exchanges) that would be useful in-store.

Great System for Your Sales

We had been testing out other shopping portals, systems, etc. There is a reason Shopify is so popular. It's a great option if you're looking for a POS system.

Pros

Simple set up, reasonable price point, easy to add and adjust our product offerings, so nice to have a system that does the "heavy lifting" for us by providing our online storefront, so to speak.

Cons

There isn't really anything we don't like about this software. It has been a positive experience overall.

Megan from Verrah

Easy to use interface and makes the workday day go by easily

Makes having multiple storefront locations easy by having a uniform look and experience

Pros

I like how easy to use this software is, you could genuinely dive right in and have few questions about how the app works. It makes having multiple store locations easy.

Cons

That everything is connected through Bluetooth... if one thing goes down, my whole system goes down and can take a few minutes to get back running which causes clients to be upset.

Rebekah from Front Porch Boutique

Easy for occasional pop ups!

Overall, the system was quick and easy to use. When doing holiday pop ups, a fast checkout is a must! We don't use barcodes, but I love that that's an option to make it even faster. But being able to search quickly for a item and add to cart worked great. Love that the card reader is chip enabled too!

Pros

I love that I'm able to search items by title or sku.

Cons

Sometimes when I would click on Quick Sale, it wouldn't allow me to create a title for the item. I had to back out of it a couple times and try again.

Laurie from Mulberry Cottages (A Vacation Rentals UK Brand)

Perfect for a Single-Till Business

We needed a Point of Sale system that tied in with our web-store, Shopify was perfect for both. The PoS app makes it easy to handle sales out on the shop floor too.

Pros

The ease of finding products within the graphic front-end, including the product images to make identifying niche products easier for staff within great industry knowledge.

Cons

The product set-up can be quite timely without a built in bulk-image management platform.

easy integration

you could to improve your business with a few efforts to creat amazing results

Pros

at the time to choose your platform i think that shopify offer great solution with availabilty of integrations to improve your business for payments , inventory, unlimited products and pos hardware

Cons

they have some hidden costs in some cases to get harware integrations, or staff accounts, the analytics services are some simple

Warren from Escape Reality

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Great integration with Shopify

Pros

Unsurprisingly, Shopify POS works really well with Shopify! Made it really easy for us to decide, plus it is good value for money for all the features that we needed. Customer service was also very responsive to our needs.

Cons

Can't think of much here, except for some enterprise-grade features that we won't need at this stage of our business anyway.

Alistair from The Brit Agency

Fantastic!

Pros

Syncs perfectly with your online store to keep track of inventory. Super lightweight and easy to use!

Cons

If you have your store set-up in a confusing manner, it can take a bit of time to get this perfect, but not hard.

Silas from KreativeFaith

Industry: Graphic Design

Shopify POS

Overall the POS was great but there were better options available.

Pros

Shopify POS is a great platform especially for keeping track of sales and customer's in real-time. The app was easy to navigate.

Cons

Using Shopify initially was not that easy, there were not as many functions and available shortcuts compared to other e-commerce platforms.

Nicholas from JCI

Generally pretty good

There are a lot of great things to say about Shopify POS, and just a few negatives. It's generally pretty easy to setup and get up and running. It's pretty straightforward to use and is easy enough for a newbie to sell from. Some advanced selling can't be configured is my only hangup.

Reliable

Overall it has been a bumpy but great experience with shopify

Pros

I have enjoyed the user friendly part of the software and how simple it is to use it especially as a beginner.

Cons

There is nothing bad I could say about the software. It does all that I need to be done. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to get into the online market.

Tanya from GMc Energy Limited

My shop in the palm of my hand!

Pros

I have my shop walking around with right on my phone, I can complete orders and take my marketing offline, speaking directly with potential customers. Completing orders for customers right away, right on my phone.

Cons

I am unable to list new items through the app, but otherwise, it works very well no bugs and I am quite happy with it.

Curt from Glade

Industry: Sporting Goods

Seamless

Shopify PoS gives us peace of mind whenever we open a pop up or retail experience.

Pros

While we have not used other PoS software, Shopify PoS does a great job for us. All features we need, none that we don't, and an intuitive UI.

Cons

We have not had any issues with this tool so far. There may be features on other platforms that we are not aware of.