All Shopify POS Reviews

Dan

Higher Education, 201 - 500 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2021

Incredible versatility at a very reasonable cost

Dawit

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Seamless and Efficient: How Shopify POS Transformed Our Retail Operations

Our overall experience with Shopify POS has been exceptional. From the moment we implemented it in our retail business, we immediately noticed the positive impact it had on our operationsFirst and foremost, the user interface of Shopify POS is incredibly intuitive and easy to navigate. Our staff quickly adapted to the system, and even those who were not technologically inclined found it simple to process transactions, manage inventory, and access customer information.The seamless integration between Shopify POS and our online store has been a game-changer for us

PROS

What we liked most about Shopify POS is its seamless integration with our online store. The ability to sync our inventory across multiple sales channels in real-time has been a game-changer for our business. Whether a customer purchases a product online or in-store, our inventory is automatically updated, preventing overselling and ensuring accurate stock levels

CONS

While Shopify POS has many great features, one aspect that we liked least is the limited customization options for the user interface. As a business owner, I appreciate having the ability to tailor the system to match our branding and unique needs. However, with Shopify POS, the customization options are somewhat limited, and I felt restricted in terms of design and layout. It would have been great to have more flexibility in customizing the appearance of the POS system to align it with our brand identity. Although this didn't significantly impact the functionality or performance of the system, it would have been a valuable addition for creating a truly personalized experience for our customers

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

One of the primary reasons our businesses switch to Shopify POS is to integrate our online store with our in-person sales. Shopify POS allows us for seamless synchronization of inventory, orders, and customer data between the online and physical channels. This integration provides a unified and consistent shopping experience for customers and simplifies inventory management for businesses.

Heather

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Shopify POS in a food business

Shopify POS is a vital part of our business. We have now built 3 websites using Shopify and integrated POS with them all. Our operation is now far more streamlined through different methods of sale and we can target different customer groups a lot easier.

PROS

How easy it is to manage inventory and how well it works with my online store.

CONS

The cost is a little more expensive than what’s out there so I wish electronic payments were a little cheaper

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

Shopify POS had the ability to work with our online store a lot easier than Square. Customer service from Shopify POS was of a greater standard.

Meheza

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

pratical tool

I really liked my experience with shopify POS, it's great when you start in e-commerce, it's easy to manage your stock and be able to manage your point of sales

PROS

I like the fact that it is possible to do a free trial so you know if you like it or not before continuing

CONS

for the moment everything is fine with me

Amelia

Food Production, 51-200 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Shopify work great for our online business

PROS

Automatically creates orders from online orders and sends to the shipping team Integrates well with ship station Easy to process wholesale orders Keeps all the online sales data in one place with reports that are easy to use and understand customizable and easily handles lots of SKUs Easy to train new employees on

CONS

Transaction fees in addition to subscription fees

marquita

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2022

Shopify POS has definitely benefited my online live sales

I have been using Shopify POS for sometime, I've added other software and payment systems but I doubt that we will completely walk away from Shopify POS.

PROS

I love that I am able to create and scan barcodes versus entering prices and descriptions when customers make a purchase, its more efficient and I can keep track of what I have, sold and sale items. It's really great!

CONS

They are a couple of pricing plans you can choose from (monthly rates) but there are still some charges you will incur; like fees for on line sales and in-person sales.

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

Another small business owner told me about it (someone I trust)

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed November 2022

Shopify POS - Far from a POS

Very easy to use and effective. Orders, sales, payments, it all works great.

PROS

This is such an easy software to use on iphone and ipad. We have never had an issue with this app or the devices that connect to it. Very user friendly. My father even has no trouble.

CONS

It hasn't failed us yet so I don't have much to complain about. I like all of the Shopify products.

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

Just everything about it was better for us and the seamless connection to our QuickBooks and online store.

Reasons for switching to Shopify POS

Because it worked seamlessly with our site and all of our business. Paypal was lacking in that respect. also has lower fees.

Issaka

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

best popular e-commerce platform used by businesses of all sizes to set up and manage online stores

Shopify offers extensive customer support through various channels, including live chat, email, and phone support. They also provide a wealth of resources and guides to help you set up and manage your store.

PROS

Shopify is known for its user-friendly and intuitive interface, making it accessible even for those without a technical background.

CONS

While Shopify provides a good range of themes and customization options, it may not offer the same level of design flexibility as some other platforms.

Almir

Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Must have POS Software

Although there are some minor imperfections, I continue to utilize Shopify POS because it remains the most user-friendly point-of-sale solution for my business. Moreover, I find the pricing to be reasonable.

PROS

Setting up and utilizing Shopify POS proved to be a fast and effortless process. Since I had already established my online store using Shopify, all I had to do was install Shopify POS on my iPhone, and I was ready to begin selling. The seamless integration between my store and the POS system for managing products, customers, and orders made the entire management process highly efficient.

CONS

Honestly, I don't have any significant criticisms about Shopify. If I were to mention a minor drawback, it would be that not all features are included by default, and additional apps are required for certain functionalities unless you opt for Shopify Pro.

Adam

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great pos for Shopify users

It does what we needed it to do.

PROS

East to set up, integrates with full Shopify inventory, and low downtime. Hardware is good. Staff is able to use with little training.

CONS

I don’t have anything negative to say really.

Henri

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2023

Shopify POS Review

you have to take a close look at the price/performance ratio. The trial version is not bad for SMEs.

PROS

I can create my own gift cards for my online stores.

CONS

There's no free version and the advanced features are a bit expensive for my budget.

Stephanie

Consumer Goods, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2018

Shopify POS is easy to use and great for places with distinct items

PROS

When using it to process payments, it's intuitive to use. Simply use the search bar to search product name or SKU and relevant products with photos comes up. It's best used for products with few variants or with detailed variants. In our cafe, it allows baristas to show all customizations of drinks right on the receipt which increases efficiency in our store. We can also adjust what tax applies on each order or product in the order, and can create discounts on the spot. Also, it offers a 'quick sale' function which allows the staff member to add a product without going to the back end of the system. Additionally, customers can be added to the order meaning that our stored customer information can be added once the customer is ready for checkout. This is particularly useful when some customers have credits on their accounts, or have tax-free status.

CONS

While searching, even if the whole SKU is put in, Shopify POS (in its tile view) will only show the product, not the variant within it. Also, it doesn't show the SKU unless you press and hold the product image. This can be time-consuming and can sometimes lead to staff accidentally selecting the wrong product, despite knowing the exact SKU of the product they were looking for. Also, if our wifi ever disconnects in the store, the POS on the ipads is rendered useless. There should be some way of temporarily logging orders placed while offline then uploading them to the system. And since the latest update, it takes about 4 steps to let a customer pay once the order has been input if they are paying with debit/credit since we use external terminals.

Kelly

Retail, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2020

Not a fan of the app update

The old POS app was very easy to use, but with the update I am thinking of switching to Square. I reached out customer service about the possibly of reverting to the old app; they respond quickly which is great, but unfortunately we are stuck with the new app which I do not think will work for our business.

PROS

Shopify makes it easy to add and edit products to your library. It's great that it tracks inventory and can easily see sales and customer data.

CONS

I have been using shopify pos for almost 2 years and am very disappointed with the recent upgrade. We use the pos app for farmers markets and oftentimes don't have great internet. With the new update, we cannot even get into the app without great internet. Additionally, there is a new password feature that is used to get into the app. It was not very intuitive to figure out how to turn this off and caused some problems with our staff. The new layout is not very user friendly as I find myself having to do several extra steps to complete a sale than I used to.

Brenda

Reviewed April 2018

PROS

I like that Shopify POS is integrated with our Shopify website. If we sell something in store, it deducts it from our inventory online, which is very convenient. I don't have to worry about inventory being off.

CONS

The thing I like the least about Shopify POS is that when I issue store credit to a customer, there is no way in the system to know who the store credit was issued to in the future. In other words, you have to keep track of it yourself.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed May 2019

Fantastic POS Software

PROS

I love how this software is completely integrated with our Shopify e-com store. This allows me to sell my products at different pop-up events throughout the year. If I didn't have this, I'd be worried about trying to keep track of transactions, keep cash on hand, etc... This makes life easy and simple

CONS

This sin't really a con, but I get worried sometimes that the internet might conk out on my phone. You can't process transactions unless you have a signal, so you're dependent on a good connection. I've been able to work through everything so far, but it is a little scary when it takes a couple of seconds to process a customer's transactions.

Temple

Automotive, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2023

Pos fees Iffy........But good tracking System

They were our first pos program and were easy to signup for but please resesrch your option unlike we did.........

PROS

Very organized on the payments processed

CONS

Fees....Fees.....and more Fees simple as that!

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

They come as a suggestion from a fellow buisness and if we only knew Capterra exisited then we would of been better.

Jessica

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2021

Great POS system for businesses

Overall this is very convenient to use and i love how it integrates directly with shopify!

PROS

It seamlessly integrates with Shopify making it very convenient to view my transactions whenever i make sales outside of shopify.

CONS

I had some instances when using card processor sometimes it doesn't want to accept payments and i would have to enter the order in manually

Museums and Institutions, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for less than 12 months

Reviewed January 2020

Shopify POS with Mobile Pay Options.

It's easy to train our volunteers to use and troubleshoot. We use both the little white Shopify dip and swipe reader and the sturdier-looking black tap dip and swipe reader and have no trouble with either. Set up is easy and payments are are recorded as received on different readers, making it easier to sort the source of sales, if not the item.

PROS

Easy to set up and define products for sale at a physical store. Located on a 55 acre site, we need it about once a month in multiple locations simultaneously, so it wouldn't necessarily pay to set up connected accounts. We need it to use mobile credit card readers over wi-fi and without a dedicated phone or i-pad with a SIM card. We bought 2 refurbished ipads, 2 kinds of mobile card readers, extended the reach of our wi-fi, and we were ready to go!

CONS

Inability to set up a variable-priced item. To do this, the item must be rung in as a "Quick Sale", so there is no identification of sold products or inventory tracking.

Reason for choosing Shopify POS

The mobile card reader equipment all sets up about the same, but as we were already using Shopify for our on-line sales, there was no additional charge and they offered a free card reader, but also gave us the option of using a different reader as well. Review were good, and except for the ability to create a product with a variable price, it is great.

Jessi

Retail, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Satisfied

PROS

It makes it very easy for us to keep our inventory up to date while we are at events, and makes checking customers out very smooth.

CONS

We seem to have issues with our Shopify card reader when we’re at events. It will quit working and then we have to manually enter card numbers, which takes longer and charges a higher fee.

Courtney