All WordPress Reviews

Romaric

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Wordpress

WordPress helps me to maintain a nice & smooth web design experience and enables me to remain responsive as per meeting up with our client's project expectations. It's really a nice CMS and I highly recommend it to every web design aspirant.

PROS

WordPress is the most flexible and easy-to-work-with CMS I've used so far. I tried out other alternatives like Drupal and others, but WordPress makes the entire web-building experience easy.The tool is beginner friendly and supports a lot of third-party plugins which broadens its functionality, making my designs look great.There are many documents (provided by wordpress.org) for beginners who are just getting started and kin of help to minimize the apprenticeship process.I can't emphasize enough the flexibility I have when working on my projects (and clients') with WordPress. As a matter of, it's a tool I can't do without.

CONS

One major problem with WordPress is that there is no live support--the only place to get the support it's the community forum which isn't guaranteed (as support is provided by random users).

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Drupal is kinda nice too but, it's not just easy to work with (sincerely) and doesn't meet my needs (in general)

Reelika

Consumer Services, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Great platform for customized and SEO friendly website

PROS

It can be customized and created the way you want this to look like.

CONS

There is a little tech knowledge required.

Samridh

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 501-1,000 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2019

Wordpress as a Designer/user

It was neutral to positive experience for me using wordpress. Since I have an engineering and programming background I was able to do quite a bit in a short amount of time. It is a great platform to use for someone who is looking to just have a simple website with basic information and nothing complex. I think it is very intuitive and useful for bloggers.

PROS

I used this software to build a website for a Non-Profit foundation for some fundraising events. I got an account with Bluehost server and wordpress was included in it. For someone who has never built a website before, wordpress did make my life very very easy. It has numerous features that can definitely help a novice like me get a basic website up and running. I enjoyed the following things while using this - Themes It comes with some basic theme templates which can be used to build the website. Just fill in some information that relates to your website and it will populate it. Think of it as a powerpoint template with boxes and design - Easy to upload pictures I was able to create folders and stores pictures on there and name them accordingly so I can go back and use them on different pages. - Widgets and Plugins The main attraction for this software platform I believe is their built in widgets and plugins. You can download from so many options. It is kind of like exploring the app store on your phone. Since it is an open source lot of users create their own widgets and plugins which are either free or you can purchase it. Needless to say purchased ones are much better but I got by with all free ones. - Edit code yes if you are a very savvy css html developer and you understand the code, you can go in and change their code and make adjustments. Warning: Don't mess with it if you don't know what you are doing

CONS

The cons that i noticed in my website after it went live was - Speed The website was just slow. I am not sure if it is because of the widgets and plugins running on wordpress but I hated the speed. - Updates could ruin website Their themes get constantly updated so if you do not update it properly or if the new build released has a bug on it, it could mess up certain things on your website. This happened to many times where the plugins that worked fine on the older build wouldn't work the same on the new. - Time consuming for beginners Yeah it's not as simple as I was expecting it to be. I did spend quite an amount of time understanding the features and how to make best use of them. It was a lot of trial and error so be ready to put in some work at least.

Rama

Entertainment, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

I really enjoy using WordPress for my website; it's very user-friendly.

My overall experience with WordPress has been exceptionally positive. Its user-friendly interface, versatile tools, and seamless functionality have made managing my website a thoroughly enjoyable and efficient process.

PROS

I like adding and editing articles, as well as scheduling them. I appreciate how seamless it is to use, especially when adding categories.

CONS

I wish to have some tools that can help me manage my articles, especially when I'm adding photos and text.

Reason for choosing WordPress

WordPress was more easier in adding the articles and categories

philipp

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed October 2023

All these good reviews have something in commen. Most people reviewing this have only ever used WP

In the end WP is a blogging platform and should NOT be used for your big corporate website. It has to many flaws for a that.Using any of the DIY theme builders you will create a good looking website that will become a maintenance, security and SEO nightmare. The amount of hours you will spend trying to fix stuff could have been spent on a system that works well. You will create a monster with 1000 plugins that will break the site as soon as there is a php update.Horrible, then more maintenance and money spend. WP is not a good idea unless it for a small DIY website for self or a small business

PROS

Its easy to install and get up and running. There are TONS of plugins.Great as a blog

CONS

Tons of plugins make the website a nightmare. Every day something stops working.You get attacked all the time so security needs to be on point at all times.Bad choice for a multi website CMS

Reason for choosing WordPress

Had to use it because of clients wishes

Bradley

Automotive, 51-200 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Essential tool for a scalable company.

PROS

Ease-of-use, plugin integration, updates and maintenance of web portal.

CONS

Editing theme files, parent files and code is a bit of a rub, with unpredictable results based on updates.

Fiona

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Good all rounder for blogging and business

Very positive. I started it as a blog for fun and turned it into a business.

PROS

It is customisable, with easy to use plug ins and has the ability to act as a portfolio for my work and a way to make sales

CONS

Not as intuitive as I've heard other website platforms are but I value the customisable factors more.

Caroline

Retail, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed January 2024

Wordpress (use this software)

PROS

Word press slowed my business to grow with a professional website

CONS

We have found no issue with this software and have been using for around 2 years

Juan Carlos

Writing and Editing, 1 employee

WordPress Dynamics

I recommend it 100% excellent product to manage our content, intuitive, easy to handle and with a single click magic is done.

PROS

It is very fast, user-friendly, easy to use, and very efficient. It allows us to manage the content we are going to create, publish, or save in drafts in an agile way.

CONS

I have no complaints, excellent product to handle and manage the material quickly.

Reviewed October 2023

WordPress: Best for your work

Wordpress has made a position through its own ability and I think it is best and comfortable for user.

PROS

WordPress provides unlimited pages facility and it is user friendly software.

CONS

It’s security features which I like least. Authority should work more on it.

Vikas

Computer Software, 1 employee

Freelance

Good experience and post easily to live

PROS

Blog post is very easy all people easily use to Wordprss.

CONS

Blog template and hosting and search key word to right the contents

1 employee

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2024

WordPress for blogging

PROS

I like that WordPress is very user friendly especially for beginners. I used it for blogging and I could make my page as simple or as unique as I liked.

CONS

There's nothing I don't like about WordPress

Reviewed May 2019

Default option for any level of professional website

I have been using Wordpress since it was first released. I gave up on it for years and then returned to it when it was becoming more of a CMS. I got frustrated with the limited development of important apps at the time like Buddypress and gave up again other than for blogging and if a client specifically wanted WP. Joomla is a lot better conceived as a CMS. Before WP and Joomla, I used phpNuke, post-nuke, xaraya, mambo and several other CMS and have since used or tested most of the contemporary options such as Drupal.

PROS

Best availability and quality of support available from third party products. For almost all needs there is a Wordpress option to plugin or API and there are quality developers always available.

CONS

It has become the default CMS. As a CMS it is not as elegant or modular as it should be and it was not designed to be a CMS but because of the other benefits it offers it is now the best option as a CMS.

Reason for choosing WordPress

I used Drupal for application specific projects because there are some high quality options in areas such as LMS. But the default for me became Joomla, because of the very logically conceived and modular administration. From the very beginning of Joomla, infighting amongst lead developers reverberated to the whole community. Poor support from the best 3rd party developers has always been a problem for Joomla and the fact that many of them are scattered across the globe makes it a bigger problem. Compared to WP in particular, WP has become a better option unless your goal is very specific as a CMS where you can use the better Joomla administration without the need for missing 3rd party options. Even when Joomla was a legitimate or possibly superior option to WP, the overhead (number of calls on single transaction) was ridiculous. But for Joomla enthusiasts you lived with this for superior site administration. There remain a handful of third party apps that are superior on Joomla but many of the best have either come out with a WP option or completely abandoned Joomla for WP. Because of the extensive options WP offers in this area, you can also come up with better quality options and professionally supported 3rd party apps/plugins/themes. If you are based in the U.S. or enjoy the quality that U.S. based support offers, then WP is also leaps and bounds superior to any other option.

Stacy

Events Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

Anyone can build their own website

I'm not new to building websites. I used to use Joomla and phpbb to build sites. I actually got fairly good at it. One day I decided to try Wordpress. I was concerned, as I didn't wish to build a blog. I always considered Wordpress blog software. I soon was very surprised that it goes well beyond blogs. It is one of the easiest to use to build your own website.

PROS

This software is beyond user friendly. With a small amount of research, you can build a professional looking website. This saves a purchaser a large amount of money. paying someone to build your site is very costly, and some non-for-profits simply don't have the capital to do so.

CONS

Unfortunately, Wordpress has always had a spam issue. Every contact form from Wordpress is constantly hit with spam. You can use captcha to offset the spam and use some plugins made to stop the spam, but there are always a few that slip through.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Wordpress is quicker to update and to me has better security than the others.

Reasons for switching to WordPress

I tried Wordpress and found it much easier and less costly to use than Joomla. With Joomla you have to install extensions and plugins, but Wordpress only requires a simple plugin install.

Reviewed November 2019

The swiss army knife for the web

Actually I use Wordpress with the Elementor Pro plugin to create website for clients which are not sure what their website look should be, and it works pretty well cause I'm able to make changes with very little effort.

PROS

Wordpress power a lot of websites on the whole internet, so his value is pretty proved on the field. You can build almost anything on it, from simple blogs (which is the CORE of Wordpress) to social network websites, to e-commerce all via his plugins ecosystem which is humongous. Think of something you would like your website to do and there will be a plugin for that!

CONS

It's widespread adoption has made Wordpress one of the most hackable system on the planet, so be careful where you host your site and keep it updated!

Reasons for switching to WordPress

Elementor made me make the switch cause it made me able to deliver and modify sites faster. I love Craft but it for more structured clients.

Karmon

Arts and Crafts, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2019

Wordpress ease of use, highly functional, great software!

As an influencer and artisan I needed something with the best ease of use to deliver my content easily and quickly and this is the best in my opinion. Everytime I use this product I find something new I can do with it! 5 stars

PROS

Wordpress has been a go to source for me, mainly for my blog but there is so much you can do ! The templates are amazing and just like all of wordpress very user friendly you dont have to know how to code to use wordpress. Visually pleasing and so many plug ins to take your blog or online shop, real estate listing site or forum or heck even a scheduling plug in, so many additional things you can add or use to make using wordpress an amazing experience! Ilove the fact that also if you have your own website you can manage and moderate all your content or if you have more than one blog mange those from a dashboard all on one spot! The analytics are all right there also and being able to breakdown site traffic etc is a must. This is a must have and if you research even more you'll see all the amazing ways you to can use this little gem!

CONS

I'm gonna have to stretch on this one as I dont really have alot of complaints so if I had to list any would be making sure to look for updates and that us a stretch lol I love wordpress!

Reason for choosing WordPress

In the end as I have other choices I've signed up for and purchased it was the one I kept coming back to. Its ease of use and all additional plug ins etc won me over.

Tayyab

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2020

Develop Instant Website for any Company

I am a blogger and using WordPress since 2018 and find it very helpful. I can manage the whole team easily and efficiently. It provides me whole features to design and develop my website without any hustle. I am very satisfied with the WordPress platform because it helping me a lot without taking my extra time.

PROS

WordPress is one of the best platforms that allow us to develop our own website for free. The dashboard of the platform is quite easy and attractive. The Integration level of WordPress is on the next level because it can easily integrate any plugin by just a simple search in the plugin option. It is very secure as well as easy to use with a simple interface.

CONS

Updates are the biggest cons of WordPress in which there is the possibility of losing data. Sometimes it is difficult to find the related plugin according to your desire then you need to develop custom plugins.

Reason for choosing WordPress

Wordpress's simple interface attracts me than others. The most important thing in blogging is SEO optimization and WordPress allows you to use plugins properly in on-page SEO than other platforms. So, I prefer WordPress to others.

Md Abdul