• Pros

• "The customer service is amazing. I often have to export groups of documents in a rush and rely on the Nextpoint team to help. They always do a great job. "

• "Easy searching capabilities, simplistic loading, and great customer support."

• "Ease of use for reviewers. It is very easy to learn and use the software. Also the staff was very attentive when I had questions. "

• Cons

• "Would like more analytical functions, but understand that this is in the works! "

• "Share folders, I don't like the way share group in folders sometimes is hard to find where to upload or download the files"

• "too much to do on the front end with too many steps"

Browse Nextpoint Reviews

Great legal support software

Pros

What I love about this software is that it allows you to review legal documents with unilimited data hosting and it allows you to organize it and modify it the way you want to and is easier for your team to view. It also allows you to keep track of all the documents, mails, attachments and threads. It also gives you the tranquility that the uploaded files are secure.

Cons

It is not a very friendly software, for me and my team it was a little bit hard to take control over the platform.

Susan from Carson Law Group, PLLC

Processing Big Data Made Easier

We have experienced wonderful customer service with NextPoint, and are constantly in touch with our representative (or she frequently checks in with us to hear how things are going). The service and support is much different from our previous product, where it was very difficult to speak with our representative or receive help as needed. Our team has been glad to grow with NextPoint, even though many other ESI providers often contact us.

Pros

We like that we have the ability to load, organize, and sort large amounts of data. This is our second ESI software to work with, and it is much more robust in its capabilities with managing data. It has the ability for trial presentation which essentially combines two products into one, and saves our smaller, boutique firm from needing to purchase multiple types of software for various legal tasks.

Cons

The ability to process some Auto Cad files without customer support. As we mainly handle construction law matters, we work with multiple AutoCad files. We need the ability to process them independently and efficiently.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

The pricing was much more in line for us as a smaller firm.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

Lexbe did not offer all of the capability that we needed. Furthermore, the customer service was quite lacking.

Kellie from Arthur Chapman

Industry: Law Practice

Great eDiscovery tool for learning how to work in eDiscovery

We have worked with great people from all levels at Nextpoint. Very approachable and responsive.

Pros

We don't have a lot of cases that require eDiscovery, but we've noted a definite uptick in the need. I'm only a couple months into using this product and am the administrator. I had very little experience with other platforms run by third-party vendors. What drew us to NextPoint was the ability to manage our matters on our own, which we didn't have when working with vendors. I like how easy it is to set up matters and to customize to each matter's needs. Support is great to work with. I like the Advanced search feature for my new users, it helps them learn how to build searches until they get used to working directly in the search bar. Categories are a nice feature for grouping like items. The new load mapping for load files is great!

Cons

Articles in your support center need to be updated. There were many that reference the same types of information, but are different from what the features include now and can contradict information or lead a user to utilize the steps, only to find a process was updated. I've also run into help articles that link to more information and the links no longer work or direct to "page not found" even in some of your more recent articles.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Cost structure, web-based platform, platform layout, ease of customizing to our needs

Brett from Foley & Mansfield

Next Point

It's been good though frustrating at times.

Pros

It's fast. The process is usually very quick which is a huge bonus for us. The main database we use has about half a million documents, even more pages, and the database can give us results quickly. In addition, there are filter features allowing us to presort information that can be quite helpful for abbreviating searches.

Cons

It's not necessarily accurate. We rely on coding in particular to find out whether a document is relevent or not. OCR isn't nearly as useful given the documents we have are historical and some hand written. The OCR confuses words and phrases sometimes. Also, I don't like the Boolean searches. There are times when the word 'and' or an ampersand is in the name of a company and there is no good way to add that to Boolean searches making them worthless.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

I don't know. The old product was no longer supported and so our tech department picked this product.

Brian from Niro McAndrews

My Review

Overall quite good.

Pros

Overall, the software was fairly easy to use although there was a bit of a learning curve and placement of some of the features is not particularly intuitive.

Cons

The layout of the features is not particularly intuitive and often have to click a few different options/tabs before finding the feature I'm looking for.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

I didn't make the decision, but I believe it was price.

Mark from Kotz Sangster Wysocki P.C.

Best-in-Class Client Service, Very Effective Tool, Affordable/Viable Cost

My experience with Nextpoint has been a tremendous one. Before I entered the law, I worked in sales/service in multiple positions within the banking/financial and professional sports industries, which gives me a different vantage than perhaps most attorneys who went straight to law school after college and their entire career is comprised of legal/lawyer work. It is from that vantage I truly appreciate the warm, friendly, and accommodating personality/culture of Nextpoint. And my primary point-of-contact over at Nextpoint, the rep, is in every sense of the word magnificent. She's consistently tuned in and makes you, as a client, feel your needs are at the top of her list. But not only is she attentive and timely, she goes above and beyond the call of duty and delivers high-quality service to help you better understand and learn how to use all of Nextpoint's many tools. The others on her team embody this same client-focused drive and it really shows you "who" Nextpoint is. They are a great company with the right product/tools, but better yet, the right mindset. They are a pleasure to work with, and blow all the other e-Discovery companies my mailboxes are littered with e-mails and voicemails from. If I could give other litigators a point of advice: Forget the AONs, Relativity, etc., and get to know Nextpoint.

Pros

Nextpoint's software is highly intuitive, and it's easy to use. I'm an attorney without an "IT" background, but acclimating to Nextpoint really was seamless. I most appreciate the simple way a non-tech person like myself can execute comprehensive, extensive document reviews, and effectively make document productions.

Cons

There are certain tools/features Nextpoint should implement: - Nextpoint needs to roll out better sub-foldering options/features in the Review space (especially given batching limitations) to help simplify things from an organizational standpoint both on document reviews and throughout case workup. This *has* to happen. - Nextpoint should implement tracking features to allow lead counsel to measure a document review team's pace (necessary on large document reviews, and has been available on Relativity for some time). - It's difficult to tell how effective the de-duplication tool is really working. I've lately suspected this could use some re-vamping.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Because Nextpoint offered just about the same level of tools/tech as Relativity did but for a better price and with better client service.

Mary from Neufeld Scheck & Brustin LLP

Nextpoint Review

On the whole, it's been quite positive. I particularly like that everyone from the firm can access it regardless of whether they're in the office. And the training was helpful at the outset.

Pros

The "fuzzy" search function is invaluable. Also the ability to easily produce privilege logs has been very helpful.

Cons

It can be a bit clunky in terms of managing many many folders of documents when using it to store documents and track discovery rather than just for productions.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

Summation was not at all user-friendly and didn't have the same capacity for document productions. Not a single lawyer in our office was actually using Summation because it was so difficult, so we evaluated alternatives and decided on Nextpoint as the best fit for our needs.

Ashley from Kotz Sangster Wysocki

Highly Recommend

If I ever have an issue with an upload, the customer service rep has always been very, very helpful and accessible. She is very patient with our questions - that alone is worth every penny. Not to mention, the software basically pays for itself once all is said and done.

Pros

The customization options for document review, tagging and production are very, very helpful.

Cons

There is a definite learning curve for the software, and I don't find it to be super intuitive.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

The value was the best fit for our clients, and the customer service is second to none.

Asher from PETA Foundation

A Smith Review

Pros

Integrates easily into incumbent litigation hold software.

Cons

Various searching, tagging, and document management functions are less accessible than equivalent functions in Relativity. The separation of functions into Review and Prep databases reduces rather than improves access.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Price and accessibility for non-profit litigation operation.

Greg from Potomac Law Group

Industry: Law Practice

Beats law firm stalwarts hands down

Overall Nextpoint is just as capable, if not more capable, as Relativity. Having spent many years setting up, running, and working with reviews using Relativity, Nextpoint is far easier to use and manage. It's search functionality is also excellent, one of the most important features in review software. On top of all of that, it is orders of magnitude more affordable than Relativity.

Pros

Nextpoint's software was very easy to set up for our team of lawyers across three law firms and three sets of experts and their teams. Everyone is able to quickly search and find specific documents across the millions of documents and gigabytes of data that we've uploaded into the review platform. Loading the voluminous and frequent productions from biglaw firms coming from two related and active along with from earlier related litigations has been simple and quick.

Cons

There has been a learning curve from my past familiarity with Relativity but Nextpoint's support is excellent. Whenever I have questions they are quick to respond and very thorough in helping me.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Affordability and ease of use.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

Affordability and ease of use.

Amy from Foley & Mansfield

Intuitive software. Excellent Customer Service

Nextpoint has been such a value add to our firm. The interface is very intuitive. We have had a higher user adoption rate since migrating our data away from our previous on-prem solution. We are utilizing Nextpoint as an enterprise level solution. We migrated 180 databases and are now up to close to 250. We give Nextpoint a workout daily and are happy with it's performance and general ease of use on both the user and the administrative sides. It was a big decision to make to migrate our databases, but it was very much worth the work! We have happier users and admins as a result.

Pros

We love the mobility of access with Nextpoint. We also love the ability to link to any document, search result or document set to direct users to what you want them to see, share or produce. Nextpoint's customer service is unparalleled. The software is updated and refined based on customer feedback. They really value the customer experience. The software is so intuitive, we have been able to significantly decrease our training time, compared to our last review platform.

Cons

We are looking forward to a more robust set of administrative tools. There are a few things that require assistance from Nextpoint and we look forward to being able to be more self-sufficient in the future. I understand these features are in the works.

Ann from Zimmerman Axelrad

Very user friendly software

I needed my exhibit stamps to have the ability to add a letter after the number. I brought this to their attention. In a few days, this was available. At the last minute, I needed help with a document production. Their Support was there to help me with my issues and it went out on time.

Pros

Nextpoint is designed to be used and customized by the end user for their specific needs. From the ease of loading data, to reviewing , to production, and serving on the opposing party. Nextpoint allows you to customize your data analysis fields, tagging your individual issues during review, and producing custom load files. When preparing for depositions and trial witness examinations, the tagged issues can be used to gather appropriate documents for each witness.

Cons

I have not found anything I did not like about the software.

Response from Nextpoint

Replied July 2019

Hi Ann, We are so grateful for your kind words! We put client experience and satisfaction as our top priorities, and your review reaffirms the hard work our team puts in every day. Thanks for sharing your kind words with us and the community. Look forward to speaking with you again soon! Best, Annie

Alex from BRADFORD, LTD.

Fantastic Value, Great Service Addresses the Software's Edge Limitations

For my firm, Nexpoint is a force multiplier - Nextpoint lets us handle massive volumes of discovery without incident. We can deal with cases involving large volumes of discovery without the usual cost burden on our clients or our firm.

Pros

The customer support - very helpful and addresses new customer confusion and any issues encountered using the software.

Cons

Limitations on file types and language support – some non-routine documents cannot be displayed. Nextpont can, however, automatically create placeholder sheets and produce the natives for such documents, which is all we need.

Cost.

Cost difference.

Grant from Keller Lenkner

Nextpoint works

Great account suppor.t

Pros

Nextpoint offers a self-service review of your data early. At minimum it is a good early case assessment.

Cons

There are features still in progress to catch up to Relativity but in general Nextpoint seems committed to receiving and acting upon feedback.

Anand from Palmersheim & Mathew LLP

Great value ediscovery software with outstanding support!

Very happy with Nextpoint as one of our ediscovery providers, and our clients see tremendous value from using the software.

Pros

The pricing structure of Nextpoint simplifies ediscovery and is a tremendous value. Nextpoint's customer service is outstanding and the software is continually improving based on user feedback. A valuable e-discovery tool for law firms of any size.

Cons

The software can require technical knowledge and there is a learning curve, but there are ample training videos and documentation.

Pricing, value, features

Joshua from Bell, Davis & Pitt, P.A.

Case Preparation Tool Is Essential

Pros

I really love the case preparation tool, because so many other e-discovery programs lack this. It's great to be able to move key documents into the prep tool and have them ready for depositions, hearings, and trials. Also, the ability to issue-code deposition transcripts and search across transcripts has been a huge benefit in our motions practice.

Cons

I would really like to be able to have my document view on one screen and the document viewer on another and be able to scroll through the documents and have the document change each time. Perhaps there is a way to do this, but I am not aware of it (and seem to recall being told previously such a function was unavailable).

Response from Nextpoint

Replied July 2019

Hi Josh, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We understand the need for viewing your grid view results side-by-side with the relative documents, and we have two suggested workflows below: First, you can take advantage of the preview and theater icons next to any document. The preview icon gives you an instant look at the first page, and theater icon will open that document in a secondary window. Secondly, you can use dual windows, displaying your grid view on one and scrolling through the document results on the second. Doc Preview Info Here >> https://support.nextpoint.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000306511 We will follow up with you separately to ensure you are comfortable with the above solutions, but please feel free to pass along any further feedback to our team at support@nextpoint.com. Best, Annie

Anna from Foley & Mansfield

Industry: Law Practice

Best way to manage massive discovery databases

Pros

Searching by coding and tags is great, but being able to search for text that actually appear in a document is priceless. I love the old-school Boolean search functions, it's so easy to use once you take the five minutes it takes to learn -- but can you please put in a Boolean cheat sheet somewhere easily accessible? I'm not crazy about the "advanced search."

Cons

As with any "cloud" based software, it can be slow and lag at times. Also, when reviewing large databases, sometimes clicking return to search results does not actually return me to the page showing the last document I actually just clicked back from. Sometimes the search results move around after clicking return to search results. Both of these things are very frustrating.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

We had a different document management program at my last firm. I don't even recall the name it was so bad I've blocked it out of my memory entirely.

Anthony from Kotz Sangster Wysocki P.C.

Nextpoint Review

Our experience has been great. Our account manager has been very helpful.

Pros

The web/cloud based dynamic and lack of need for "seat-fees."

Cons

The possible removal of our "deal" - with fixed monthly cost, plus storage.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Pricing and web-based capability.

Response from Nextpoint

Replied August 2019

Hi Anthony, Thanks very much for your review. While Nextpoint has moved to an "unlimited data" pricing model with zero charges for data processing and hosting we always allow legacy customers to stay with the pricing plan they are most comfortable with and that works best for their organization. The majority of our customers prefer the predictability and affordability of our low, per-user monthly pricing; which is why I wanted to make sure and outline it for you upon your renewal. But, we are always happy to accommodate long-standing clients (like your firm) with pricing that fits their needs. Thanks again for being a Nextpoint user and for your review. Sibrey McManus, Account Director

Alex from SBBO Law

Industry: Law Practice

Next Point has saved us countless hours navigating through a large litigation database

The time and cost savings to the client is HUGE.

Pros

Pricing is straightforward and predictable for the clients. It's pretty intuitive and has saved so much time. It's amazing that I can track down a document requested by a partner within minutes or less.

Cons

It takes way too many clicks to look up a document by Bates number. That feature should be more readily available and not buried at the bottom of the Advanced Search options.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Next Point was the most affordable, which was critical to start out with a totally new product.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

ViewPoint was the opposite of intuitive, many searches that I can do instantly on Next Point required tech support to run through ViewPoint.

Dabny from Lucey Law Firm

Nextpoint Provides an Excellent Product and Service for an Affordable Price

We have been using Nextpoint since its earlier years and liked the product then, and even more so, now. The Nextpoint staff is incredibly attentive to user needs and will work to develop solutions or improvements identified by users. The services offered are also affordable and easily accessible regardless of whether you have massive servers or individual laptops. I cannot wait to see the new features that will be rolling out soon!

Pros

User Friendly; Saves LOADS of Time in Reviewing/Producing Discovery; Affordable Options; Service is Amazing.

Cons

Would like more analytical functions, but understand that this is in the works!

Yolanda from Montgomery & Andrews, PA

Y M Sandoval

I appreciate the ability to communicate directly with various members of the Nextpoint team. They also have Zoom chats with other end users to get feedback on their product.

Pros

Ability to find documents and set up for document review. They are constantly improving the software and accept feedback from end users.

Cons

Not able to rename files in the file room (document staging area) but that can be resolved with developing naming conventions when placing documents in staging area.

Price and features.

Brandon from The Law Firm of Brandon M Jordan

Industry: Law Practice

Priced well but a little rough around the edges

Able to litigate a large case on a budget.

Pros

Has all the main features you would expect from a document review system at a reasonable price

Cons

Structured imports of load files is a bit of a mess - there needs to be a wizard or something to adapt .dat files or non-nextpoint load files into what Nextpoint is expecting. The documentation isn't where it needs to be to fully educate on how to do this manually because the software doesn't give you enough information to troubleshoot your mistakes. OCR engine is pretty weak.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Primary featureset of importing viewing tagging documents with Nextpoint's pricepoint was easier to justify than spending an order of magnitude more on other products trying to compete with bells and whistles.

Darren from Mahendru, P.C.

Great Product for Small Firms

Our two-lawyer firm has been using NextPoint for around six months. We have been able to bring the discovery process totally in-house instead of using expensive e-discovery vendors for large projects. It did take some time to learn the ins and outs of uploading loadfiles and productions, but for any moderately savvy tech person it should not be that difficult after a few tries.

Pros

Allows large discovery projects to be taken in-house, relatively easy to use for reviewing client documents and exporting productions.

Cons

Somewhat of a steep learning curve for some of the functions--such as uploading a "ranged import" production. Customer service is also not always the best, especially with lowest cost plan. A lot of self-study is required.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Nexpoint offered the best features at the lowest cost point.

Emily from The McNeeley Law Firm

Industry: Law Practice

Great value for large volume cases

Pros

The upload and import functionality is easy to use. The pricing structure encourages users to include all relevant content without regard for cost which is a great value.

Cons

The search functionality is not that user friendly and can be rigid.

Cost

Natalie from Rusing Lopez & Lizardi PLLC

Nextpoint - Userability

We have been pleased overall with the product but do with there was more one on one training available at reasonable costs.

Pros

The cost being based on users only and not the amount of data makes this program very beneficial so that we can assist smaller clients that may not have the money to support an e-discovery platform otherwise.

Cons

It is not the easiest software to learn so anytime we add a user for a matter there are extensive amounts of hours that need to be dedicated to training and it makes attorneys not want to learn it.

Response from Nextpoint

Replied July 2019

Thanks for the feedback, Natalie! We are constantly striving to make training and onboarding as smooth and accessible as possible. I do want to note, Nextpoint offers free weekly training which new users may find useful as they are first learning the basics. Sign-ups for the weekly training can be found in the New User Guide at support.nextpoint.com. Additionally, our Help Center is full of training and specific workflow videos which you may find helpful as you continue learning and training new users. If there is ever specific content or training materials you would like to see added to our Help Center, please feel free to send along to us at support@nextpoint.com. Thanks again! Annie

June 2016

Janelle from Jordan Law Firm, LLC

June 2016

Nextpoint Review

I've used Nextpoint since approximately 2011. I've seen it evolve and improve its capabilities and features over that time. I've formed long lasting relationships with staff and can depend on them to answer my questions - even if I've asked the same question before.

Pros

The speed the program can search for a document; the customization of coding features; the staff.

Cons

The format changes often, e.g. color scheme. I find the new format of the Nextpoint Training tab to not be as user friendly as before.

December 2015

Christopher from Sugarman, Rogers, Barshak & Cohen, P.C.

December 2015

Easy to use ediscovery processing, review, and trial preparation

Pros: Cloud-based platform, works on any browser/any device (no plugins required), easy to manage, easy to use. Reasonable pricing. Most data imports can be handled by just about any user type. A great step up from our legacy platform without the high cost of some of the other popular platforms. Cons: Production tools are a little clunky and basic (about to see a major overhaul on 12/12 however and the early reviews look fantastic). Some data imports require additional massaging and documentation around importing some data sets is a bit ambiguous. We spent nearly 24 months looking to replace our legacy document review platform which had fallen out of support and development, and really wasn't able to fully meet the challenges of discovery in an ESI world. After an exhaustive process, we decided to give Nextpoint a try, and for the most part we are very pleased. It offers an intuitive interface that is very easy to use, cost-effective pricing, and the big winner is that it is all based in the cloud. Is it a perfect system - no. However we have had experience with some of the more popular platforms recently and I have heard from users that Nextpoint is just much easier to use and makes more sense from a review and from a case management standpoint. Nextpoint has been working very hard behind the scenes to revamp the production tools in the platform, and I am excited to see these launch at the end of this week. This will be a big change for the better! I think with a few other tweaks and enhancements, and a small rewrite of their documentation will go a long way to keeping our users content.

Teri from Koley Jessen P.C., L.L.O.

TRG Review

I really like using the produce and find it extremely helpful in making our document reviews and production more efficient.

Pros

The ease of use. It is very easy to upload documents, review, tag, and produce.

Cons

I would like to be able to reorganize the order of documents for production in order to produce them, rather than having to make sure they are loaded into the production folder in the order you need to produce them.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

Looking for something that was easier to use and was reasonably priced.

Deanna from Modern Information Solutions

Easy to Use Document Review Platform

I have been in litigation support since 2003 and used a variety of products over the course of my time. After several major players started to become less popular I looked for some alternative cloud-based solutions and NextPoint has been a great option. It is very easy to use, has amazing customer service, and most importantly the team listens to customer feedback and provides solid solutions to ensure that their software does what their customers need for it to do. It is always improving and a great tool for litigation teams.

Pros

Easy searching capabilities, simplistic loading, and great customer support.

Cons

They just fixed my major complaint which was the ability to highlight directly on a document. While there may be functionality that does not exist, I find the customer support to be extremely good at talking through problems and helping to implement solutions whether it be through feature requests or simply teaching me a different way to do things.

Blair from Harris, Finley & Bogle, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Nextpoint is very helpful and amenable to feature requests

Streamlined doc review. Cloud-based so I can use it anywhere.

Pros

Nextpoint review is an excellent doc review software, especially when you have a case with tens or hundreds of thousands of documents. The folks at Nextpoint are super amenable to feature requests and hearing from attorneys on what they can improve on; most importantly, they actually listen and make the features or improvements where they can.

Cons

Nextpoint is in its (relative) infancy so there are a few kinks and features that can be improved on. But as mentioned in "Pros," they are great at listening to requests and comments about how to improve they software and quickly work to implement changes.

Scott from Lumen Legal

Opinions of a Project Manager

Very positive. It doesn't have quite as many bells and whistles as relativity, but the price is so much better you can forgo some of the things.

Pros

Cons

It is a little more cumbersome to set up quality control searches to check the review teams work compared to Relativity. It also didn't have the ability to search based on reviewer so I could filter by a reviewers work for QC or to pull statistics on a specific reviewers work.

Price

Jackie from Foley & Mansfield

easy to use

It is very easy to use, and much better than the software it replaced for us.

Pros

I like the facts that the software is easy to use, responds fast to queries, and cloud-based.

Cons

Sometimes I get a lot of false-positive results that have nothing to do with my actual query.

August 2016

Samantha from Stein Ray LLC

August 2016

Review from a small law firm

There is still a lot I need to learn but the training sessions have been really helpful. There is so much in the software that I feel I am not always using it to its full potential. Hoping to become more familiar with all the features the more I use it.

Pros

Cons

I don't use Nextpoint every day so I feel like there are a lot of features I don't take advantage of because I am not as familiar with them as I could be. The training sessions have been helpful but if I don't use the features discussed during training right away I forget what we covered. A cheat sheet or short handbook might help!

Response from Nextpoint

Replied September 2016

Thanks for the feedback Samantha! The Nextpoint Help Center (support.nextpoint.com) is our online handbook for using the software, but we also recently put together a New User Guide you may be interested in checking out. It's the first item in the "Getting Started" section. Best, Alex

Kylie from Bell Davis & Pitt, PA

BDP Review

It has made document review and sharing much easier and less time consuming.

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use and I am usually able to solve any issues by searching the nextpoint help section.

Cons

I am not a fan of the prep database. It can be difficult to use and does not have a lot of the same features as the review.

Laurie from McCarthy, Lebit, Crystal & Liffman, Co., LPA

Industry: Law Practice

Foldering in Nextpoint is invaluable!

Very happy with the speed of uploads, usability of foldering.

Pros

Foldering! This makes everything more intuitive. It makes is easy for users to immediately jump in and look at documents without any "training". Uploading files is quick and easy. Also being able to label, catergorize files during upload is great.

Cons

The exporting is a little complicated. But once templates are set up it is easier.

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

cost and more flexibility in setting up (foldering!)

Matthew from FTI Consulting

NextPoint Review

Overall, Nextpoint is the best platform I have used.

Pros

Ease of viewing documents, including related documents and attachments. Searching was also very intuitive. The preview feature also made searching for documents much easier.

Cons

There was no ability to bulk download search results with bates stamps.

Jenifer from Manion Stigger, LLP

Review for Nextpoint

I'm still learning.

Pros

The ability to filter through documents and work from anywhere.

Cons

The learning curve - there is so much to learn and most of the time you don't know you need to know something until right when you need it.

Reasons for Choosing Nextpoint

Price point and usability.

Emily from Carver Darden

Good

Pros

Good customer support and training. I appreciate the in person training.

Cons

Not all the functions of other document review software. For example, I'd like the ability to search for an individual document by bates number and THEN from that view, be able to jump to viewing the documents that precede and follow that document in the bates range.

I don't know.

Response from Nextpoint

Replied July 2019

Hi Emily! Thanks so much for your feedback. A tip: utilize Bates range searching, which is Bates:[ABC00001 ABC00035] for example. This will return a more manageable set of results which you can then sort in Bates order and quickly view the surrounding docs. Thanks again! Annie

Shannon from Cline Williams

Industry: Law Practice

Great way to learn the ropes as a paralegal

Nextpoint has saved me more time than I could have ever imagined spending on certain tasks. As a champion for my firm's clients, I try to save them time and money wherever possible, and Nextpoint is a great product to do just that.

Pros

Ease of use, time-saving strategies, and efficient handling of documents.

Cons

It could use a few minor updates here and there - I'd like to select one redaction style for an entire production. It would also be great to have more support with users who have Internet Explorer as that is my firm's preferred web browser.

Response from Nextpoint

Replied December 2016

Hi Shannon, thanks for the suggestions! Our development team is currently working on the Redaction styling issue you raised. Nextpoint is compatible with IE, but some features may not work as well on older versions of IE as they do on our recommended browsers. If you haven't done so already, we recommend upgrading to the latest version.

Erika from Coolidge Wall Co., LPA

Bells and Whistles

Excellent! I have not had a lot of exposure to other platforms, however, the ease of navigating through Nextpoint makes it a great product!

Pros

Having two database options (review and prep) is a great help. It has streamlined the process of preparing, marking and saving exhibits. Also, customer support is always helpful, even when you ask a question for the 10th time!

Cons

Remembering all of the functions that are available and how to locate them. Although typing a quick search in the help area makes it easy to find.

Sienna from FreshSource

Awesome Consolidation!

Way too many emails to go through in a case, needed an easy, accessible, software to sort through and dedupe a ton of emails

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and go through documents

Cons

I would like to be able to multi add or remove folders as well as shift select documents

Better functionality and pricing

Jen from Sequor Law

Discovery Tool

Pros

Great support when you request for assistance with uploads.

Cons

some functions are hidden and not easy to find.

price

Ben from Clyde & Co

Impressed

Pros

Product very easy to use (after some training / guidance) and very quickly became an essential tool for our team. Customer service is excellent, especially as we are based overseas.

Cons

Some limitations on functionality but regular updates and improvements.

Melissa from Berger Schatz

Next Point

Pros

The ability to remove bates labels if needed

Cons

How long it takes for documents to upload

January 2016

PAUL from IRWIN FRITCHIE

January 2016

Thank You To Jim & The NextPoint Team

Dear NextPoint, I would just like to send a note of thanks to you for the great work, assistance and dedication of Jim Lancaster and the NexPoint team. Jim, throughout 2015 and before, has been available to me and our firm to help expand our capabilities and he has always made our efforts to act promptly to sufficiently meet our client needs easier and in the end the results have always been superlative. Jim has also shown a great deal of patience working with our firm structure to move forward in a substantive way to improve our technology and platform capabilities, I am always appreciative. I would also like to send a note of thanks for the work of Tricia Boguslawski who has been so attentive and responsive to some very difficult discovery problems, it has been a real pleasure working with her. Also in that regard during the year Annie Johnson was of great help on the technology side as well. Lauren Chingo as well has been terrific on the billing side. Thanks again for putting together such a great team and I look forward to working with NextPoint further in 2016. - Thanks - Paul

Matt from Foley & Mansfield, PLLP

Great Product for Organization and Review in Litigation Support

Nextpoint is a great product. It has saved valuable time in high stakes and large scale litigation. I would recommend it to anyone for litigation support.

Pros

Nextpoint is very user-friendly. When reviewing, categorizing and producing thousands of documents in various legal matters, it has proven to be an invaluable litigation support tool. The search ability and organizational tools it uses are very helpful.

Cons

There is nothing that sticks out as a complaint about Nextpoint. I have used it on numerous occasions without issue and have definitely appreciated its ease of use more than prior large document systems I've used before.

Internal decision.

Christy from Sebris Busto James

Industry: Law Practice

Anxious for Nextpoint to work out the 'kinks.'

Not a great 'diy' solution. You really need their premium support and specific task training. They are very receptive to product feature improvement suggestions and have great communication on new functionality.

Pros

Nextpoint pricing model is very affordable. Case set up is simple and relatively quick. Productions, once your templates are set, are very straightforward. Transferring data from the Review db to the Prep db worked great and Prep is very functional, although I did not have the opportunity to export it for trial presentation. One-on-one product support staff are extremely helpful.

Cons

Admin tasks in this product require more steps than it should take and cannot be done 'on the fly.' The trainers even say that they have multiple windows open at once to perform these tasks, then refresh the window you are working in. The UTC date is everpresent and takes back-end work to show local time zones, which costs PM billing time. Search language is unique, if you have a boolean searching background and try to apply it, you will get frustrated and need to learn the specific search language format in Nextpoint. Even with their advanced search area, we would get inconsistent results when attempting multiple search criteria. 'Help Desk' support often misses the mark in resolving support issues.

Feature rich and Pricing

Reasons for Switching to Nextpoint

We outgrew desktop sharing capabilities and really needed a cloud solution. We are a small boutique firm and pricing is a major consideration when evaluating products.

Nicole from HRW

Great software application

I think the services of Nextpoint are very good for our organization. The only thing that is missing is a sorting filter by date. I use Nextpoint to find the most recent writing on a certain topic and I cannot always find the most recent writing easily. Apart from that, the software is great!

Pros

format and user friendliness

Cons

finding the most recent writing

Response from Nextpoint

Replied December 2016

Hi Nicole! To sort by date, make sure "Document Date" is enabled in the Grid View template you're using (you can find these templates in the Settings tab). Date sorting is also available in Classic View under the "Change Sort Criteria" drop-down menu at the top of the page.

Ensley from Rosen Hagood, LLC

Pros

Easy to set up a new database. Searching is easy.

Cons

Doesn't recognize bates-stamp that is already on a document. Have to add a bates-stamp in NextPoint. When searching in a document it would be helpful if the word you are searching for was highlighted.

Michael from Vogrin & Frimet, LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Tremendous asset in document management for litigation.

Allows me to be more efficient as a litigator.

Pros

The best part is the ability to search for terms. It allows me to easily and quickly find and utilize relevant documents out of a massive production.

Cons

At times it can be a bit unwieldy and you really need to practice and build a knack in setting up folders.