• Pros

• "Voice record review is made simple with this software and saves a lot of time"

• "For small scale projects, specially pre court proceedings, this is a great platform specially that it is cost effective which helps the clients as well. "

• "Ease of loading documents. The fact that Sightline images and OCR's the documents automatically during the loading process."

• Cons

• "the search process. It still confuses me and I don't find it easy to navigate"

• "At first, it can be somewhat confusing on how to operate. But once you get some practice it is very easy to use! "

• "The Sightline tool could be more user - attorney interface friendly. Many legal team members find it hard to navigate or say that is not intuitive to navigate around. "

Browse Sightline Reviews

Jordon from Shoosmiths LLP

E-Disclosure Exercise

Its been an exceptionally useful product, one which I will definitely be endorsing to my colleagues for future similar exercises and which I wouldn't hesitate to use again. I really cannot sign the praises enough for the technical support received and how much of a time-saver it was.

Pros

1) Speed - Consilio were able to help us deploy the software at very short notice to assist with an impending deadline 2) User friendly - the system is intuitive, with some minor exceptions, everything is easy to navigate and logical. 3) System Support - the training and system support that we received was first class. A gentleman called Chethan was a credit to Consilio, he was always on-hand to provide technical support, friendly, exceptionally helpful and pro-active and helped the project run smoothly from start to finish. 4) Assignments - as an administrator the ability to assign tasks and monitor progress was exceptional. You feel like you have a really good grasp on what has been done and what is outstanding within your team. 5) Customisation - the fact that tags can be reviewed and customised to the individual product is a brilliant feature 6) Time savings - the document review process is a real time-saver along with the analytics and the de-duplication process on uploading.

Cons

These are relatively minor issues but things which would improve the 1) Excessive Clicking - there are some screens (for example the production process) which require you to click "back" through each step rather than being able to click a hyperlink and navigate to that section. 2) Explanations - some fields (particularly in the production screen) do use technical terminology, the system would benefit from being able to hover over some fields and presented with a explanation of the field in layman's terms. 3) Export Data - we were tasked with preparing a disclosure list with the fields having been prescribed by our opponents in litigation. Whilst we were able to achieve with technical support, it was slightly disappointing to note that the "export data" function to excel was not able to achieve the same result due to the limited options of metadata which could be exported from Sightline. 4) Folders - Once folders of documents have been updated or "data sets" as its termed, its a shame that these cannot be renamed once they have been uploaded. This means that choosing appropriate folder names for the data sets is crucial at the time of uploading. It would be useful if you could have an upload folder name and a customisable sightline folder name to give the administrators more control.

Charlotte from Michelmores LLP

Feedback from Michelmores LLP for use of Sightline for CMA Document Review Exercis

This was my first experience of Sightline and I would have absolutely no hesitation in using the software again and recommending it to colleagues in the Firm. Having not used a document review platform like this before, I cannot compare the price. However, so far as I am concerned the product is very good value for money. I had a very good experience using this software.

Pros

The accessibility and assistance provided by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the Team at Consilio. Queries were always dealt with promptly and the fact that they were on standby and allowed team members to share their screen meant that everyone quickly picked up how to use different functions of the software. It was because of the ease of use of the software that enabled on a very small team of people to process over 7,000 documents in a very short space of time. Once you have got used to the interface the software is counterintuitive to use.

Cons

I would not say there was anything I did not like about the software. There were two aspects of the software that I thought could be improved:- 1 - When drawing down documents, whilst there might be a cap, it would help if all parent and child documents could be downloaded as a whole. Whether that is by not allowing you to draw up to the cap, or allowing you to draw over the cap. We have numerous instances where there was more than one fee earner reviewing documents, where you would get to the end of the document cap and find you only had part of the child documents referable to the parent. It would make it difficult for the person who had drawn the child documents to ascertain how to tag the document and slowed us down in that respect. 2 - I think the search function could be simplified and it may be helpful to have the option to unprocess documents so that they are re-reviewed. We had instances where we recognised that some mistakes had been made with the tagging. Once the documents had been located and the tags amended, it was not abundantly clear that the tags had saved. It may be easier if you could unprocess them to manually review again.

Allyson from Entergy Services, LLC

Industry: Utilities

2021-0315 Sightline Review AKH

It has been great, the technical support from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is wonderful, they are extremely helpful and have been so patient with us. I feel that I have asked the same questions more than once!

Pros

I am still learning how to use the software, it's only been a month or so since we implemented Sightline. Loading documents is relatively easy compared to our last software where the documents were stored on our servers yet the application was web-based.

Cons

It really is too early to comment on what I like least.

Reasons for Choosing Sightline

The technical support that was available to us. We knew we may need Consilio for additional support services.

Reasons for Switching to Sightline

AccessData was no longer investing in their product; it has now been sold to another company. Also, we needed a product that was entirely web-based. We had so many issues with our company housing the documents on our servers.

Response from Consilio

Replied April 2021

Thanks so much, Allyson for your review. Feel free to reach out if we can be of any assistance as you continue to learn / work in the platform.

Lolita from The J.M. Smucker Company

In-House Legal Professional

I was interested in bringing e-discovery in-house and was able to accomplish this task by onboarding Sightline. We are now able to control our costs and our data.

Pros

Sightline's top features allow user to upload custodial datasets, process the data utilizing search terms (date ranges, specific custodians, etc.), set up for review in a Relativity-like atmosphere, prepare for production and preservation through hosting. The accompanying manuals and the team support make the product easy to navigate and understand. Ultimately, the product is very much a hands-on and designed for self-sufficiency.

Cons

Like all SAAS products, Sightline functions best using strong internet connection and slows when connection is weak. When you're importing sizeable amount of data, it's best to have the strongest connection. Other slow downs include the time it takes to learn how Sightline works, the syntax to apply for searches, how to batch the search results and process them according to the software parameters. Not all of the steps are obvious and easy to follow in the beginning but after completing the first few cases, the steps come together - not a complicated or fussy program but one that requires some investment of time navigating.

Reasons for Choosing Sightline

This selection was very much based on the assistance provided by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our long-time e-discovery partner. After comparisons and research, we found that Sightline supported our needs on almost every front.

Thinzar from Jury O'Shea LLP

Industry: Law Practice

Sightline review for litigation case

My overall experience with Sightline was a positive one - after some initial bedding in issues and training, the programme proved to be user friendly and incredibly useful in terms of searching for specific documents and preparing the case for disclosure.

Pros

I used Sightline for a document heavy litigation case where we were dealing with thousands of documents. I liked the search facility the most - once all the documents had been tagged (and you can customise your own tags) it is very easy to search through them using either the tags or metadata for your own purposes. The search facility proved invaluable to our litigation.

Cons

To be able to be proficient on the software you do need to have initial training which does take time. It is also useful to have support for initial searches etc. As the software has so many functions, it is information overload at first but after a while it does become much more user friendly.

Sam from Entergy Services LLC

Industry: Oil & Energy

Powerful document review tool

We are realizing true time and money savings through greater levels of efficiency and reduced outside counsel time in assisting us on projects.

Pros

As in house counsel, I both review and manage other attorney's review of our confidential information. The ability to assign outside counsel document sets that they can review from their office, without ever taking possession of the data, saves money off of prior software that required the attorney to travel to our office, log onto our system in order have access. Further, there are several options to create designated coding buttons that allow quick and efficient coding of similar types of data without having to change coding for each individual document.

Cons

My complaints are very few and mainly pertain to the need to go through several steps to get to a point where the unreviewed documents are brought up (filtering through tags). However, this is a minor complaint and the steps to get to this point are greatly outweighed by the benefits of the other features.

Reasons for Switching to Sightline

We were faced with buying a new version of SumPro in order to continue using the product as the original version was dependent on E-explorer, and the company was unable to update the version we had to rectify the issues. We took this opportunity to evaluate other software, and were happy to switch to sightline.

Response from Consilio

Replied April 2021

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review, Sam! We're glad to hear about your use of document sets to flex to your preferred workflow and how coding stamps are speeding up your coding decisions. Users, such as yourself, are increasingly efficient once fully up to speed with the interface, so our initial designs on filter toggles are definitely something for us to explore how to improve upon. Thanks again for your trust in Sightline!

Stephen from Law Office of Stephen J. Kennedy

Legal Document Review Made Simple and Efficient

Notwithstanding the "cons" listed above (which, as stated, could be user error), Sightline is easy to use and navigate and it is very efficient.

Pros

I use this software to review thousands of documents produced in litigation discovery. The dashboard and the document review panes are incredibly easy to understand and navigate. The software developers somehow managed to put an enormous amount of information and options on each page, without making it too crowded or intimidating. Compared to other document review software I have used in the past, I had almost no learning curve -- everything is intuitive and easy to find.

Cons

On rare occasions, my document review screen will suddenly jump back to the dashboard page, and I will need to navigate back to the document I was reviewing. It is possible this is due to user error, however; I'm not sure. Also, when reviewing documents in a "saved search", the program periodically refreshes the search result list by eliminating the documents I have already reviewed and coded; this refreshing of the list takes me to a different part of the document list, even if I was in the middle of reviewing a "parent" document with many attachments. Then I have to find my way back to the attachments. There is probably a way to avoid this.

Mo from ITV

Industry: Broadcast Media

Sightline Review

Pros

Its easy to navigate and has lots of additional features available in the search function so you can filter to tailor to your needs. You can also add additional users and split the document review which is helpful.

Cons

I think it would be good if you gave prompts or updates as to how many documents there are left to review or if it had the option to add a deadline.

Response from Consilio

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review, Mo! Users like you help make our platform even better. In the document viewer, while working in an assignment, you should see a thin progress bar below the Assignment name in the upper left hand corner. That progress bar will turn from red to green depending on the number of documents you have left to review / complete. I will pass along your thoughts of adding deadlines to assignments to our Product team to investigate. Thanks again!

Jennifer from EY

Nice platform with support for audio files and redaction capability, and great dashboard!

Pros

This platform worked well for large audio files and provided easy and robust redaction capability within the tool, with playback functions. I was still able to quickly apply tagging via a coding panel while performing redactions in a single step. Most platforms do not handle audio playback well, so it was a relief how easy playback and specifically redaction of materials was within Sightline. These features were really helpful and are rare among platforms. Would definitely recommend if you have a project that's heavy on redactions.

Cons

I didn't like that the dashboard gave stats for the entire database, rather than just the dataset I was working in for my project. The dashboard can be customized to show only the current dataset, however! This feature is definitely useful if you are managing multiple datasets within a single database and need a birdseye view. Very cool and easy to use.

Crysti from Entergy Services, LLC

Yay for Sightline!

Pros

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like with the software.

Reasons for Switching to Sightline

I believe the software was being discontinued.

Response from Consilio

Replied April 2021

Thanks for your review, Crysti!

Karen from Three Crowns

Excellent Platform for Document Review

Pros

Sightline has been one of the most useful platform for document review. We usually receive vast amounts of documents and this platform has helped us to organise documentation in a practical and efficient way. One of the most important features is that we are able to to tag documents and separate batches according to our needs. This platform also has a key feature which only allows uploading documents once avoiding the creation of duplicates. This has been important for us as sometimes clients send duplicates, therefore, this has significantly reduced the time during the document review process. We are also able to run reports to see the progress of review which is very useful for case management.

Cons

This platform offers many functionalities and I haven't had time to learn all the features fast enough which means that I am constantly contacting the team to learn new things based on my firm's needs! However, the team is very helpful and responds to my emails quickly. They are happy to assist you with a call or they just simply share their screen to show you the correct way which makes my work so much easier. Furthermore, they also offer training.

Katherine from Chartwell Law

Great Support

Pros

The training and support team are extremely helpful and quick to respond. The software is user friendly.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say about the software at this time.

Response from Consilio

Replied April 2021

Thank you Katherine for putting practice's trust into Sightline! I'll pass along your feedback to our Client Success Team!

Sarah from McKesson

Quick Set-Up and Review

Overall, I have had a great-good experience with Sightline and would recommend the tool for others that need to review and make decisions about data quickly.

Pros

The Sightline tool makes it is easy to start a new case, load/process data, and commence document review or investigation quickly.

Sabra from Silver Shemmings Ash

Industry: Law Practice

Good, I am happy with it and would recommend.

Pros

Cons

the search process. It still confuses me and I don't find it easy to navigate

Reasons for Switching to Sightline

Iceviewer platform was no longer available.

Ambyr from Preg O’Donnell & Gillett PLLC

Consillio Review

Pros

Very easy to use and tag documents in categories that we need. Easy to sort documents into different folders for the purpose we requested Consillio for.

Vyshak from Deutsche Bank

Pros

Voice record review is made simple with this software and saves a lot of time

Cons

takes a bit of time initially to understand