• icon"This software contains the flexibility to have an inhouse team make rapid corrections and changes."
  • icon"Our Covid-19 Fit for Duty program was streamlined through the use of Lighthouse. Administration, tracking and the immediate notifications have added significant value."
  • icon"Our field staff found Lighthouse to be easy-to-use, and because it is customizable I can respond positively to their requests & needs with small but useful changes 90% of the time."
  • icon"I found that due to the simplicity of the program, it is very limited to the type of data you can present on the dashboard."
  • icon"Sometimes forms change or are missing items without any change requests."
  • icon"Syncing issues - it is very difficult to have field staff constantly updating forms manually."

Browse all Lighthouse HSE Reviews

• Have you used Lighthouse HSE and would like to share your experience with others?

Daryl

The most felxible data management software on the market

Pros

Lighthouse lets you build and database safety functions in an easy to use front end and one of the most flexible back ends I've seen to date. We have incorporated everything from in field forms, safety inspections and incident management and the system integrates perfectly with reporting and desktop widgets. More than one of our top customers has said our reporting system (lighthouse) is an impressive asset.

Cons

Out of the box products work great but they're limited and those limitations are realized quickly. It takes development time to get this product to the next level, and that means an investment in the HSE program. Plan the growth model of this product, and look at cost recovery in administration time.

Bonnie

August 2022

Volker Stevin Canada Lighthouse Review

Overall we've been happy with the experience with Lighthouse, the Team has been great to deal with and like I have mentioned before, their drive to try and meet our needs has been why we've stayed. Hoping to stay with Lighthouse for the additional of more form creation and integration but will have to see what changes are to be made and the timeline if any.

Pros

Front end of Lighthouse is easy for employees to use. Being able to edit the forms on the go without needing to submit any sort of request, keeps the flow going in the field. The constant and prompt support from the Lighthouse Team was a huge part of why we kept the application going. They were able to work side by side with us to ensure the product met our needs and give options where features were limited.

Cons

Limited on features for potential growth. We have an on-going feature request list and hopefully in the near future will be added. Lighthouse currently provides what we need for the mean time but if no change or upgrades to the current system down the road, we may look into other options. The lack of integration from the app to the web browser version.

Reasons for choosing Lighthouse HSE

Being able to control the forms from creation to frontline execution. Met the Team and the passion and drive spoke for themselves. A local company that was willing to put the clients needs first and was able to continue the support throughout the whole process.

Jessica

I dont really have many negative things to say. I really enjoy the program and I can make any adjustments I want, when I want.

Pros

The ease of use. I can customize and add as many forms as I want and they are really easy to create.

Cons

Not having the emails after forms are submitted in a PDF format with signatures, is my biggest con and only one really. The price is a little higher than some other companies out there. It would be nice to have an easier way of deleting multiple forms rather than opening each form and deleting it one by one. It would also be nice to have the signatures for the signing of policies and other attachments actually stamped ON the actual document, however, I dont think that it would be possible.

Barb

Not Enough Words to Express my Satisfaction!

Our company needed a filed-level technology overhaul and a way to manage the paper-tiger generated by management of safety, health and in our case, customized timesheets. Lighthouse has saved hundreds of hours and thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars since implementation. I highly recommend Lighthouse HSE.

Pros

Lighthouse HSE has the convenience of many, many out of the box forms, dashboards, reports, etc. and also is completely customizable! Best of both worlds. Our field staff found Lighthouse to be easy-to-use, and because it is customizable I can respond positively to their requests & needs with small but useful changes 90% of the time.

Cons

In order to make a form print-friendly it must be set up in html code. While our Lighthouse support team was crackerjack at this task, it would be nice to do it myself.

Reasons for choosing Lighthouse HSE

As a small company, we looked for a versatile software which could meet our immediate needs and which could grow with us. The non-modular, single-platform, very cost-effective product would likely have sold us on its own. Add in the outstanding, stellar customer service and support and the decision was easy.

Brett

Lighthouse, a great platform, that just needs some very minor tweeks

I has been a good experience, everyday though you find a way to improve it and it's usually a simple change. The more you and your staff use it, the better feed back you'll get to make the right changes, and in turn improve your efficiency.

Pros

It was easy to configure, the training proovided was great, and we have it integrated into out payroll and purchase order system.

Cons

For building reports or dashboards or views, you cannot use table data.

Reasons for choosing Lighthouse HSE

Better capabilities, and more potential functionality

April 2022

Lighthouse HSE Review

So far so good, no complaints

Pros

Once you get to understand how to implement the software, it becomes second nature and it has pretty much everything you need

Cons

Some limitations in the mobile app version which I believe will be amended in their quaterly updates

Reasons for choosing Lighthouse HSE

value for money, willing to help us get to where we wanted and overall tailored experience

Darrin

The Lighthouse Software has been a terrific addition to our company's workplace safety program.

Some much time savings! The simplicity of managing a large amount of daily reporting has become so easy.

Pros

Lighthouse has completely streamlined our safety documentation. Everything is in the cloud and easily accessible by our construction foremen via their smartphone or tablet. All you need is an internet connection. This has eliminated the weekly chasing of hard copies of all of our documentation. The software is totally customizable and we are now implementing its use for our quality program. The lighthouse Team has been wonderful to get along with from initial setup to ongoing customer service.

Cons

I truly have very little negative feedback with this software. This is a digital system and some customers insist on a printed copy. The printing aspect can be a bit cumbersome but once it is set up with help from the service group, it is easy enough to deal with. This is nothing that would cause any real issues for the average user.

Henry

Industry: Mining & Metals

A great product for small and midsize companies

My overall experience with Lighthouse HSE is very good. The staff is an absolute joy to work with. Despite a few cons, I would most definitely recommend this program to other HSE Professionals.

Pros

What I like most about Lighthouse HSE is how easy it is to learn and use. The product is very user friendly and the dashboards are not overly complicated to understand.

Cons

I found that due to the simplicity of the program, it is very limited to the type of data you can present on the dashboard. There is not as much flexibility in the programming, for example the mathematical formulas, when you want to manipulate data like you would find in Excel. I also find the report development to be a bit time consuming. It would be nice if Lighthouse HSE could auto-generate the html code allowing the end-user to simply place the controls they want on a report during the designing phase.

Kyle

This data management system allows me access to critical information i need even in remote locations

Pros

I can access and upload information and documentation from my cellular device while out in the field.

Cons

While conducting investigation reports the the name, address, phone number, date of birth, length of time with company does not auto populate into the form.

Response from Lighthouse HSE Management Software

Thanks for the review Kyle. Lighthouse has the functionality to populate these fields, it was a design decision made during the implementation process to have users input this data. Talk with your group and let me know if you want to incorporate this change.

Replied October 2017

Ryan

September 2022

Reviewed

Definitely a beneficial software when dealing with the daily inspections and notifications. The app makes safety compliance quick and easy for field staff

Pros

The sales rep support and the customization

Cons

It can be difficult to create custom forms

Reasons for switching to Lighthouse HSE

The mobile app and field use

Bryan

Industry: Oil & Energy

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Lighthouse, Best In Class !

We have solved the tracking of all QHSE data that other systems will not allow, we can now capture and track action items and the closure of these. We have a more robust QHSE management system with the addition of the Lighthouse to our programs.

Pros

I particularly appreciate the ability to create forms and custom processes that fit our business units and allow us to follow a workflow as we see fit. I believe our end users have bought in to the system and continue to support further development and use of the system as a result of this.

Cons

It is difficult to make any kind of "cons" statement with this software. If there was anything to highlight the reporting and exporting of reporting could be improved to offer a more detailed analysis of the captured data.

Briana

Industry: Civil Engineering

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

BIG BUSINESS CHANGER

Completely satisfied and would recommend this to any business considering a system to streamline their processes, provide reporting details, and provide their employees with an efficient system to make their daily activities easier and safer.

Pros

Going paperless and the buy in and participation from our field employees and our clients, because the system creates efficient digital engagement. The ability to customize and create our own business processes.

Cons

Unable to set up custom print layouts and creating systematic formulas without some professional programming experience and training.

Adam

Volker Stevin and Lighthouse

This was our first effort for implementing digital forms into our field environment. To be candid, we didn't know exactly what we needed, but the software has allowed us to inexpensively try

Pros

This software contains the flexibility to have an inhouse team make rapid corrections and changes. There are plenty of example forms already built out if you wanted to grab something off the shelf, but there were lots of ways to customize those forms or build your own. We've been able to create unique forms for all our subsidiaries.

Cons

There are still some elements that feel a little out of reach for someone who isn't up on the technical skills. Pieces like the print layout are difficult to develop on your own. I know there was a knowledge base, but it was a little scattered and not always intuitive to drill down to the information you were seeking.

Reasons for choosing Lighthouse HSE

Lighthouse met our expectations for security, costs and flexibility.

Lighthouse has allowed us to reach all of our employees with very easy to use software.

Great resource for safety process management

Pros

Very easy to use and customize, we looked at many options and very pleased with our decision to go with Lighthouse.

Cons

We have had great support from the Lighthouse team but a training manual and resource for trouble shooting would add value.

Patrick

Industry: Oil & Energy

Overall the program has been good, It does take time to enter information and some poor formatting

Information stored that is readily available

Pros

It has the ability to track and combine a lot of information and it is quite user friendly. If used properly there is a lot of stored information at the touch of a button.

Cons

Some of the uploads that require printing do not have a very good print format and therefore you are required to use other programs to do the job and in turn are not capable of up loading that information into cube

I have worked with Lighthouse HSE both as a designer of process as well as an operational end user

We are implementing this across our entire company and have been able to use this tool for other department needs outside of HSE.

Pros

I absolutely love the flexibility of the software and it's ability to shape process around our current methods as well as designing and mapping for our future growth.

Cons

I would like to see some further development with reporting metrics. It would be very useful to have multiple sources of data for comparative analysis.

Jeremy