• Pros

• "Easy of use, customization, company easy to work with"

• "Good price, dependable, off-site record keeping."

• "Highly customizable and generally easy to use. Provides many useful features when working properly. "

• Cons

• "We have had a time stamp issue that has never been resolved. Other than that, it's good."

• "It can be somewhat overwhelming. There is much about Report Exec that is complex, and tutorials and help guides would be an easy fix."

• "I have no major issues with the software. The back end admin side is a bit difficult to navigate but this is more likely due to my lack of expertise more than anything. "

Browse Omnigo Reviews

Pastor Don from Kingdom Destiny Fellowship Int'l

What a great experience and Security tool to have.

The software is easy to use, so it's user friendly. The program is really simple to use but have a lot of tools to ensure your department is successful. The program is web based and ca be accessed anywhere where there's internet.

Pros

Cons

We did not purchase enough licenses. If there's no internet, you will not be able to access the software.

Captain Richard from Becker Police Department

Industry: Law Enforcement

The most bang for your buck!

The enterprise program is one of the most complete entry level systems around with expandability and design options that rival much more expensive competitors. With over 12 years in the partnership we couldn't be happier with the product! The ability to run reports in an instant, document compliance with ease, and manage the daily operational needs of the department is supported with a robust system on a minimal platform. The web based software frees up on site storage space while maintaining security and back ups through a variety of backend options. The only thing better than the product is the phenomenal customer support! In over a decade there has not been one item that wasn't rectified immediately, completely, and with the utmost of professionalism! If you are looking to upgrade your current system, ask yourself the same thing we did. What is more important than getting someone immediately to address your needs regardless of time or need? For us it was a no brainer. Report Exec Enterprise from CESI is the par excellance we choose over and over again each day!

Pros

The adaptability and integration options.

Cons

I haven't found it yet

Bryan from JHA

If looking for visitor management choose a different platform than iPass visitor management

We are using Omnigo for visitor management and for keeping track of security guards at locations.

Pros

That they have a SaaS for the iPass so you don't have to manage the architecture on your own physical site.

Cons

Do not like waiting on hold for 45 minutes for Omnigo support for iTrak / iPass to answer. Typically 8 times out of 10 when I call in they are not able to answer it while I'm on the phone with them either. I'm a system network admin at my company and service about 10-12 other services and this support is around the worst that I've ever seen. Everything extra to do within iPass is either an extra module or doesn't seem to work properly. For example if you want something more than their can'd reports you have to buy the Ad hoc reporting module or the new reporting module that they are coming out with. If you want to import employees from a CSV or import them off of active directory groups on a scheduled basis you have to buy their import module. Sales team when showing product acts like each of these items comes with the product and doesn't tell you until after you have bought it that each of these is an additional module cost. The R3 scanners to scan the drivers license and auto input the fields for visitors works about half the time as it'll create a different visitor 50% of the time scanning the same exact drivers license. For example if your name is John Doe it would scan it the first time and see John Doe then the second time it might scan it in as John. Doe which would create a separate visitor record since they didn't match exactly.

Reasons for Choosing Omnigo

I wanted to go with Proxyclick but management liked Omnigo because they had the incident management and daily log features that could keep track of security guard rounds. ProxyClick was a way better option for visitor management if you are looking at just a visitor management platform.

Tom from Aquinas College

Hands-off maintenance is a huge plus

I really enjoy the enterprise software that is hosted remotely on the Competitive Edge servers. It takes one more administrative/maintenance responsibility off our shoulders, ensures that we're always running the latest edition of the software, and utilizing the latest features. I also like the fact that my staff can access it from anywhere they have an internet connection - previously the program was only available on our local network. The only thing that keeps me from giving it 5 stars across the board is the dispatch module's continued reliance on locally-installed software. I was sold on this product due to all of the above-stated reasons but was quite disappointed to learn that there was still on-site maintenance requirements for the dispatch users. Any time the server/database gets updated, we have to locally update the required dispatch software. I am hopeful that this can be remedied in the future and this will truly become a cloud-hosted product.

Pros

Versatile features, hosted off-site, very accessible/responsive support staff

Cons

The need for local software on the dispatch module

John from Bayer

Report Exec is a sound product

Report Exec is ideal for any Security or Law Enforcement firm whom wishes for incident report accountability. The Dispatch program is especially useful for operations involving multitasking of many individuals and tasks by a single dispatcher. Their customer service and tech support teams are attentive and responsive. If I were to critique a feature of the program it would be the use of vehicle tracking. It seems primarily designed for Law Enforcement, issuing tickets and detailed insurance/legal claim information (monetary values, legal fees, etc.). As a Security entity, our need is more for registering vehicles with associated tags and occasionally logging citations. I would also like there to be a West Coast presence to allow for Administrative training courses. I feel it would be beneficial to the customers if they could manage and facilitate their own systems with less manufacturer assistance.

Pros

The Dispatch software. The ability to multitask several Officers and assignments by one or two individuals is key to a competent workflow with minimal resources.

Cons

The lack or difficulty in customization.

Matt from Cimarron Casino

ReportExec Dispatch and Reports

Overall the software is very helpful and easy to use with great features that fill most of our needs. At times the new features or updates can be frustrating but still not a hindrance to get use to it.

Pros

Usefulness and reports.

Cons

At times can be slow, especially dispatch. I do not like the new(er) report view that relies on filters instead of being able define a search in individual fields.

Montgomery from Cimarron Casino Enterprises

Report Exec and Me

Using Report Exec has been pretty good. It keeps me organised and has a great habit of making things as simple as possible. I'm not sure what the investments for the "Value of Money" is but we have been using Report Exec for years, so it's safe to assume that it good as well. While it took me months to fully grasp the program, I would like to see more tutorials for any additions in further updates, if possible. Thank you for allowing my workplace and I make use of your product!

Pros

It records all important and not as important information in a clear manner.

Anne from Williston Northampton School

Exceptional Software

We use RE as our prime report writing software for our Security Department. The software fits our needs, and then some, perfectly. We use several of the options such as, daily events log, reports, parking permits and property. The software enables all of us in the department to be informed and current with happenings on campus. The reports produced by RE are professional looking and contain all of the information needed. Setting up RE was simple, even for a non-techie like me. I called on RE support a few times and they were great. Each time I called them they were able to assist me with my questions. I would highly recommend RE to other security departments

Pros

The professional reports that are produced and the options that enable us to track items: parking permits, property, reports.

Cons

The inability to register more than one vehicle to the same owner/driver and to produce two separate permits.

Chris from Millikin University PD

Useful Product

Overall very positive: ran into major hurdle shortly after full implementation which CSEI worked on for two months to get resolved. Very responsive to customer inquiries, very good customer service. Very little down time, when unavoidable it is always explained. CEO himself actually made a round of calls after an extended issue a year or so ago.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to train staff on. High-quality features and good product look. Our area prosecutor prefers our format over neighboring agencies.

tom from Bates College

Report Exec - a great incident reporting software sytem

We have used Report Exec since 2012. Prior to that time, we utilized a home grown system that no longer served our needs. We put out an RFP and looked into, compared and contrasted a number of incident reporting, Clery compliant, software product. Report Exec was easily customizable for our needs. It is easy to work with in all aspects. the College has more recently purchased for the Dean of Student's office, Maxient. Report Exec and Maxient have collaborated together so that our incident reports flow into the Maxient product seamlessly, saving time and effort by us. We are extremely happy with Report Exec!!

Pros

Easy of use, customization, company easy to work with

Cons

nothing

Cameron from Palm Beach Atlantic University Campus Safety

Industry: Public Safety

Great Software and Support

Working with Report Exec for 6 years now, there has never been a time where I have felt unimportant. Tech Support is ready to lend an assist, quick response and aids in the "I forgot how to's." The integration of information is excellent and is the one-stop shop for our public safety needs. I am excited about the new features in development and look forward to the continued partnership between PBA and Report Exec.

Pros

Integration, all aspects of Report Exec talk to each other. Dispatch initiates all activity for the officers, so the connection between both Dispatch and Report Exec allows for the flow from one to the other and vice versa.

Cons

The Scheduling Module is a little complicated to use due to the dynamic nature of our institution and providing coverage.

Ross from Herman Miller Corporate Security

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great support for a great program

Have been using Report Exec Enterprise as well as the Dispatch program for over five years. We have been very pleased with both of the programs. Using them in tandem we have been able to compile the metrics needed to keep our department running smoothly. Any issues we have run into the support has been stellar. Not always able to fix an issue until an update or hot fix comes out, but they are right on top of troubleshooting and getting the issue taken care of for the next release. All in all a great program that has made our department more efficient and streamlined.

Pros

Great support and modules that cover every need

Cons

Can be a lot of updating required to stay on top of issues and use all the newest features.

Nathan from Minneapolis Convention Center

Very Versatile Software

The programs have a very unique depth to it. Especially the different methods of creating overview reports to keep track of all things being logged. When I have an issue or a request for a change, I am promptly responded to. The Report Exec staff have been very professional, and eager to help. They always love to hear feedback and work with it.

Pros

The variety of tools that you can utilize, and change anything to how it can help in your specific situation.

Cons

The amount of power this software can provide you can be a bit daunting to learn.

Leonard from Ector County ISD Police Dept.

Industry: Law Enforcement

Police Officer (RMS Administrator)

Like the program. User-friendly and does not take a long time for officers to learn and start using. I am able to add to the list as I find that new issues and laws are changed year to year. Have had nothing but good support from your tech. and teaching areas when I have had a problem or an issue with the program. They have helped me step by step and even directed me to videos that would help in the future. Great Job!

Pros

Easy to use and officer friendly.

Cons

Some what hard to use with UCR not all the information comes out in a usable form.

Allan from the College of Idaho

Review of Enterprise

We have been using RE programs for the past 16 years and have been satisfied for the same number of years. The Competitive Edge folks are usually two steps ahead of our needs, but if not, they listen closely and fix quickly. We feel sure that we are getting our money's worth. Occasionally there is a learning curve, but the program is designed to operate with ease.

Pros

Ease of use, quick support. It will do what high priced reporting programs do and fills our needs.

Cons

Sometimes it would be nice to push the enter button rather than having to move the mouse to accept a query request.

Carol from Gustavus Campus Safety

Gustavus Report Exec

I have used Report Exec for many years and have always found it easy to use. The staff are always willing to hear your suggestions, ideas and needs. Improving the quality and functionality of the software is always a high priority and the staff work hard to meet my needs. If I have a dream about how the software can help me do my job easier, I never hesitate to share it because it. They often come true!!!

Don from Southern College of Optometry

Outstanding Support Team

Had a great support agent to assist me with some technical issues and he rectified them right away. I look forward to attending some training at the next RCX Conference in Milwaukee, WI in June. Awesome!

Pros

Very easy to use!

Cons

All internet based, if the internet goes down then the system goes down.

BOB from ABILENE CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY POLICE DEPARTMENT

Industry: Law Enforcement

A very usable, efficient records management tool.

We chose Report Exec Enterprise several years ago as our first venture into computerized records management. We use the online version, i.e., do not use local servers for data storage. Overall the program is very good, although there are tweaks to the search functions that would make data extraction more accessible. I cannot say enough good things about the customer support team; I have them on the auto dial and they are always eager and competent to/in resolving our dilemmas.

Pros

Good price, dependable, off-site record keeping.

Cons

Supervisory data access via reports is limited, sometimes by presenting more data than we need and other times not enough. Also, the online instruction manuals are not always fully informative.

Lance from CVTC

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Used to be a great product

The now Omnigo, formally Report Exec, used to be a great company. I've noticed a huge decline in customer service and support. When I call customer support I'm always on hold for more than 10 minutes and have to call in again. It is very difficult because they have us, our data cannot be exported out of the software. I would have given Omnigo a 4.5/5 rating in our first year. However, the decline in many features and services has brought to express my concerns an opinions.

Pros

Cons

Before Report Exec merged into Omnigo they were a great company and provided excellent service. Now, the system crashes and our data at one point was corrupted leaving me to fix the errors for many months. I've voiced my concerns resulting in little response or initiative from them to correct the issue. In addition, every year the cost per license continues to increase. Lastly, The app is still very "clunky" and doesn't provide for a fast login or even an option for touch ID. For a tech company specializing in software, I expected better.

Phillip from Ioway Casino (Cimarron Casino)

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Security Supervisor

Good, got a response from my first need for assistance. Very helpful, went to gotomeeting.com and assisted with some basic training. Thanks,

Pros

Like the ability to combine information into graphs and charts for review.

Cons

New to me so at this point don't have any cons.

Ed from Carilion Clinic Police Department

Report Exec is a great tool for reporting and dispatching.

Report Exec has streamlined our process, officers and dispatchers find it easy to use. The reporting feature for month end reports provides great information for analyzing data and targeting patrols. Our department has had great experiences with customer support and issues have been resolved in a short time frame.

Pros

Easy of use.

Raymond from Bates Technical College Public safety

Industry: Law Enforcement

I have been using it for several years. Most of it is very easy to use as a front end and as an administrator. The few issues we have had were addressed quickly by technical support.

Pros

Easy to use. Very flexible.

C from UnityPoint Health - St. Luke's Hospital - Cedar Rapids

Application Admin

Overall it has been a great product. It is easy to use and to teach. There have been a few times that the system has been down due to internet issues on the vendor side that has caused minor downtime issues. Overall the value for the product is hard to beat.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Reliability of vendor internet/server.

Cody from Cimarron Casino

Best Software Out There

Report Exec has always been a reliable, software for making our company run as smooth as possible. I would recommend it for anyone looking to further your companies growth.

Pros

The fast and easy way the software is set up.

Cons

The load times of the pages, and some parts of software are buggy.

Erika from Hofstra University

Good Product

It does what we need it to do and that is tracking reports and allows us to maintain records that can be reviewed for Clery.

Pros

Adding a report is seamless.

Cons

The updates are a little slow with changes in the law.

Heather from Kennesaw State University PD

Best consolidated system for CAD/RMS

We have been customers of Report Exec Direct since 2007 and have never been disappointed with the customer service or capabilities of the program.

Pros

Multifunctional

Cons

When you switch a CAD/Report group assignment, a new case number is issued

Erik from Laredoisd Police Department

Industry: Public Safety

Very good title and doesn't need edit

The Software is user-friendly and the experience with this product has been very good. I also understand that this software has updates but the only issue is that I as a training coordinator do not receive any emails stating that there are updates available.

Pros

Excellent graph and performance charts.

Cons

It doesn't inform me that updates are available.

Byron from INTEGRIS

Report Exec Appreciation

Report Exec has professionalized our department. It allows us to track trends, document events and reward those officers who excel in reporting writing/service.

Pros

Data Collection

Cons

N/a

Heidi from MPHA

Security Manager

We've had some struggles this year with our software. I have worked with several great people to try and resolve some of our issues. I have worked with other systems in the past and feel this system is a little more complicated than others. I was disappointed to find out mobile was going to be an additional charge because I was lead in a different direction when I was first told about it.

Pros

We love that we can place an officer on two calls at once.

Cons

We continue to have issues with the dispatch software since the upgrade. The calls continue to hang up in the dispatch field just to start the call. It really takes a long time to get the call in. Dispatchers also struggle to get current info on a person if on a current trespass or in the system. We were told it should run this as soon as you enter someone in. It appears as it is not doing this.

Bill from Florida Southern College

Report Writer & Dispatch Module

The program has been awesome and is extremely user-friendly. The support staff is quick to respond to any technical difficulties.

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

None

Qiana from Bellarmine University

Great for our university

I like the functionality of Report Exec for Clery purposes. It helps us to keep up with the numbers throughout the reporting system.

giselle from Camden County College

Spell check

Spell check can improve, there are many times when there is a typo as simple as (ex: ths) you would think the word "the" would come up to pick from, but it doesn't also before it was updated a couple of years ago the spell check was easier to use(ex: the misspelled word would come up and you could fix it, now you have to click on it and fix it). Spell check's vocabulary needs to be increased and updated. Thank you.

Pros

it is easy to use

Cons

Every time I need to go back into the narrative to change a word it saves it to a number narrative. So in one report, I may have 7 narratives.

Robert from NAH

Dir of Security

I wish the Workplace violence module was better, such a major topic these days and it really is not set up to use the data generated for end of year reports. I have to say on a positive note it is one of the better reporting systems out on the market

Lisa from Vol State Campus Police

Senior Administrative Assistant

Report Exec Enterprise is a great LE software. We love the functionality and ease of use. We are very please in our decision to go with CESI.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

None noted.

Brett from Cimarron Casino Enterprises

Review for Report Exec

The system is great for reporting purposes and to save any information that is saved and needed for future references. The system is really easy to use for me and others. The issues that we do experience is the system tends to run slow at times for both the report writing system and dispatch. These are the biggest complaints I get from our staff. Overall the system is great to have. Since we have had the system we have never had any response to anything events or feedback until Jodi has been added to the report exec team. The addition of Jodi has been great and the opportunity to provide feedback has been a great experience, so thank you!

Pros

The ability to have all data saved and to access any information saved at any time. Also, to have the opportunity to complete all reports and add any other information electronically when needed.

Cons

At times the system runs slow.

Daniel from MIchigan Technological Univers

March 2014

Overall I love Report Exec. One problem that I have been experiencing (and I have not brought this to anyone's attention yet) is when I do a search for reports between dates X and X... I typically do not get reports from all the dates. Usually I do a one week span (7 days) and I have to run the search twice. For example, I wil run February 1 - 7. I will get reports back from February 1 - 5. Then I re-run the search with February 5 - 7 and usually get the complete informaion that way. Other than that, I am very happy with this program. Oh yes... I would also like to see your iPad App soon please.

Response from Competitive Edge Software

Replied March 2014

Hi Dan, We'll have a trainer get in touch with you today to solve this problem. Also, the iPad App is going into beta testing now, if you'd like to be included in the beta test, just let your trainer know and we'll get you set up right away! Thank you for your continued support of Report Exec, we appreciate it!

James from North Central University

Excellent reporting software, other features lack

I have used this software for about 4 years, and the reporting features on the software are above and beyond top notch! The ease of use, detail capabilities in the reports, and other features related to case report and data entry are just phenomenal! The software lacks in other areas. Many of the modules "exist" but lack the same detail given to the core of the product (reports and dispatching). An example is parking citations. The citations themselves are in line with reports, but the online registration module lacks key elements to help fit our business needs and even is cumbersome at points. Key Database entry doesn't tie into contacts and scheduling is not easy to use. Overall, I am very happy to be a Report Exec customer. We have been modifying ourselves where possible to make Report Exec a key part of our business practices.

Alan from Saw Creek Estates HOA

Report Exec cloud application!

We switched from hosting Report Exec Prof. to the cloud-based Enterprise version. The new version is more organized, user-friendly and much faster. Support is great, they stay on top of your personal issues and verify all fixes. 1 year in and we are extremely satisfied so far.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of administration, great support!

Barney from Northwestern Memorial Hospital

Report Exec System at Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago Illinois

We have been using the Report Exec System since 2011. The system is very easy to use even for those who do not have the sharpest computer skills. Creating incident reports is a breeze and running reports on the historical data is extremely easy as well. We used to operate on a paper based report writing system which was not working from an archiving and retrieval standpoint. The folks CESI did a great job assisting us in preparing and customizing our system to accomodate for the large Northwestern Medicine System. We also use the Report Exec system as a repository for other documents that our officers need to have access to. The best part of this solution is that it does not require extensive IT resources on my end to maintain the system. It is a great system and I would reccomend it to anyone.

Colin from CBRE

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great program for report writing!

I use this software for report writing as a security manager. It's easy once set up. Customer service is outstanding and only a phone call or email away.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

Set up can be a little challenging if you don't know what you are doing.

May 2014

Jeremy from North Hennepin Community College

May 2014

Report Exec - North Hennepin Community College

The Report Exec program runs well, and is easy to use. New employees tend to learn the program quickly; which helps us keep accurate data while transitioning with new staff. The program has many pros, but my most used function is Admin Reporting. I can quickly collect data for exec. team meetings, and verify our data for validity. This function has allowed us to obtain new equipment and staff members, because of it's accuracy. A con to this program is since we upgraded to 2014 and switched server locations, it still loads and runs slowly at times. I have talked to tech support regarding this issue for almost six months, and although it is getting better, the issue is still not resolved.

Chris from UW Oshkosh Police Department

CES for a campus Police Department

This product works well for a campus PD because it gives us a wide variety of features (Clery, UCR, custom reporting and data filtering along with customization of the product to match your needs). The weakness has always been updating notification and system bugs. We rely on this system every moment of the day so when it's not working correctly it creates some issues. CES staff are friendly and help quickly to repair issues. Overall this is an effective product for our department.

Pros

It fits our policing environment.

Cons

We need more timely product update notifications to avoid system bugs on a frequent basis.

Thomas from Saint Paul College

Indispensable Tracking Software

Our college has been using Report Exec software for over 5 years and it has been a tremendous tool in helping maintain accurate reports, daily logs, and visitor key tracking. The features and functionality of the software make it easy to review historical data and identify trends in criminal activity on campus. This is the only software I have seen over the years that incorporates so many critical elements into one complete package. Beyond the great software product, all of the staff are easy to work with and provide outstanding customer service. This is a company that is good at what it does and it shows on all levels.

Steven from DeSales University

So so Software

we have used Report Exec for about 2 years now. I was more impressed with the software when we purchased it than I am today. There have been changes and updates that seem to make the software less user-friendly. As an example, the search function for incident reports was very simple to select a date range for the search. An update was done and it made the search much more complicated and takes much more time to get the information. Another upgrade made attaching a report to an email more difficult. As far as I am aware there is no app to run the program smoothly from an IPAD

Jason from Cimarron Casino

Some Good some Bad

There have been quite a few updates to Report Exec and while some have made things better others have made things either slow or overly complicated. The overall program seems to run a lot slower than it did in the past. This could be due to all the additions but it can still be a hindrance when trying to complete reports with lots of content due to the slow down when adding contacts, external agencies, items, etc. I also feel that the update to the search functions had become a little complicated and at times limiting.

Dale from Seattle Public Utilities

Very good records management system for a Utility infrastructure protection program.

Been a client since 2004 in the very beginning. This would be an excellent program for Public and Private School Districts to use for security event and activity reporting. Able to gather information within minutes for a quick report rather than review paper incident reports and activity reports which can take one hour, when security issues occur. Also, have the ability to push out scheduled reports as part of a security awareness program. I will continue to use this program without a doubt.

Matt from Renton Technical College

Good concept, could use some improvements.

I came into using Report Exec with a new job. Someone else had set it up and I found they didn't do a great job. After calling their customer service they were helpful in guiding me through making changes on the administrative side of the software. I still found the drop down menu pathways confusing for making changes or trying to find the right path to alter something. I went to one of the Report Exec training and was able to get a better grasp of navigating administrative changes. After cleaning up the software it is much easier for my staff and me to use. I think it would be great if there was a little more to the software in terms of adding functions, such as alerts or guidance when selecting certain incident types. Different organizations might have good use for this to help staff understand next steps when a certain incident occurs. I would like to see a Title IX integration just as there is Clery integration for Higher Ed. institutions.

Robin from Ohio Dominican University

Report Exec review

We have been using report Exec for several years now and have been overall impressed with the system and its functionality. The updates can be challenging too with through the bugs and support is quick to respond, but the help is limited at times. Overall we like Report Exec and hope it will continue to develop.

Pros

Great functionality and fairly easy to use.

Cons

Updates cause glitches and support lacking.

Stewart from Brigham and Weman's Faulkner Hospital

Operations Manager

Very positive and relatively easy to use. I am very happy at how you can easily customize the different drop down menus. This helps to more easily evolve the program as our department evolves as well. Customer support has also been great. We call you answer and usually within a few minutes we resolve our issue. I also enjoy the updates as well. These have always resolved any compatibility issues with different browsers etc.

August 2015

Pam from Town of Drayton Valley

August 2015

Used to track bylaw complaints, day to day issues, and reporting to Town Council

Good program to track issues, complaints and then allow reporting to managers. Reports have good detail to capture what is happening. Fairly easy to use, customer service has been excellent. Would really like to see the ability to search phone numbers on the drop down menu. Would like to have the ability to put in a daily event without any time reference, have not asked if that is possible it might be and I just haven't gotten around to asking.