Browse Practice Ignition Reviews

Will from Link Academy

Practice Ignition is makes service proposals with complex billing arrangements simple and easy.

Pros

The three main things I like the most about Practice Ignition are: 1. It's ability to handle complex billing arrangements in a proposal. It is the only platform I have come across that can easily manage up front fees, with recurring billing for a fixed period, and display this easily on a proposal. 2. I love the fact that you can set the proposal to require a credit card or bank details before it is accepted. Practice Ignition then collects the funds for you. One of the most difficult parts of running a service business is getting paid, but with Practice Ignition it takes that all away because the upfront fee is billed on acceptance, then the recurring billable amount is billed as set out in the proposal. It couldn't be easier. 3. The integration Practice Ignition has with Xero and WorkflowMax (XPM) is incredible. Once a proposal is accepted, it creates the job in WorkflowMax based on the job templates you have setup in WorkflowMax, and creates the invoices in Xero. It literally takes all the administration out of running a professional services company.

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see Practice Ignition develop, but after speaking with them they are going to push it right up the priority list as they agree. These features are: 1. The ability to create a recurring rate on recurring jobs 2. The ability to set a due date on a job - at the moment this is picked up from the contract end date. My understanding is this will be sorted soon, so by the time you read this it may be sorted!

Kate from Kendons Scott MacDonald

PI for App Advisory Services

The team at PI are really helpful, from our initial conversations with them, to onboarding and set up, right through to our firm-wide roll out. They are quick to response to emails and jump on Zoom calls as and when needed. The software itself is easy to use and the UI is intuitive. Its been a learning curve for us around setting up our service library but the team have been on hand to give direction throughout. We're now starting to look at the added extras like webconnectors, videos and expending our service library to include traditional compliance services too.

Pros

This software has helped streamline our service offerings for app advisory service, helped our outline exactly what is involved or included in the scope, and more importantly what isn't. We've had great feedback from our customers when receiving proposals, and we can now create and send proposal in minutes whereas it used to take an hour or more to draft emails explaining it all. The speed of response from clients is amazing, and the turnaround from offering a service to acceptance and deployment of a job is a game changer for us.

Cons

There has been some internal resistance to using the software as accountants like to rely on the old methods of sending out paper forms to get signed off. However, it the app advisory space, we were able to use this to our advantage and get some real traction with the product before starting to roll it out across the more traditional areas of the business.

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

I had been aware for the product for some time and had been following their development closely for a few years, so knew a lot about the product and integrations. I just needed an excuse to start using it. The support I received and help with set up made it an easy choice as everything was made so simple.

Katy from DFK Everalls

Amazing and Easy to Use Software

We have been using it for around 2 years now and it has made giving life so much easier! Sending and giving quotes to clients as well as detailed description of all of our services has made it so much smoother.

Pros

Definitely the ability to make payment/conditions around when clients pay. It makes it very flexible. It is also quite easy to use, in particular the classic PI.

Cons

I haven't had much training with the New Proposal Editor but it is quite a lot to look at.

Andria from A Bigger Bottom Line

Everything you need except that one FATAL FLAW

I have tested 100's or Accounting Practise Management Quoting & Re-Occurring Billing systems in my many years as a QuickBooks ProAdvisor and found that of all of them, right now (August 2021), Practise Ignition has the most features you need as an Accountant to run a fully remote and automated firm. HOWEVER, that said, even with all these amazing features that are all in this one software (many are in others, but this one has the most), there is still one FATAL FLAW that (to date) they have not resolved. I do hope they resolve this soon because it is truly disappointing to not have this very basic feature in such a powerful system that has so many other incredible features to offer. No Refunds. That's gotta get fixed if this software is to be used in the Accounting Industry. There are workarounds for this, so for many people and companies, this may not be a deal-breaker for them. It's just that, this is not a cheap software so if you don't have the ability to REFUND your clients instantly when needed, that can really hurt client relationships. I hope that the Refund feature is resolved soon. Then this will be the best proposal and re-occurring payment processing system out there for our industry.

Pros

The best features include: -Ability to have your lead enter their own Credit Card or Bank Account information so it stays secure when they go to accept the proposal -Re-Occurring Monthly Payments with the ability to set a custom reoccurring date -Ability to add an On Acceptance and On Completion payment as custom dates along WITH a Monthly Re-occuring payment on one proposal -Full Integration with QuickBooks Online (creates customer, invoice, and payment transactions related to all accepted proposal sales so bookkeeping is done automatically for you each time) -When a clients credit card fails, Practise Ignition will email your client to notify them of the credit card failure and your client is given the opportunity and ability to update their payment information on file themselves, putting this risk back on the client and saving you and your practice from having to do any manual entry or additional accounting gymnastics -Ability to add videos to your Proposal and previously created brochures to add beauty & interactive content to your proposals. -Multiple Templates for Services, Proposals, Engagement Agreements etc. -Integration with Karbon for task creation based on items in the proposal

Cons

FATAL FLAW: NO REFUNDS & MONEY TAKES TOO LONG TO HIT BANK ACCOUNT (4 to 6 days) You can not give your client a Refund in Practise Ignition. That's right, NO REFUNDS. SO if you charge your client the wrong amount by mistake, or need to un-do an amount after they have canceled service, you can't push a button anywhere in this software to give your client a refund. You have to contact PI and ASK them if they will CONSIDER giving a refund to your client IF it is LESS than $2,000. If they approve, then they will process the refund about a week later. This is too slow, in my option. The workaround? They tell you that you should send a check, or use your bank or an outside system to send your client the refund. Which is MORE accounting work (the exact accounting work buying this software was supposed to solve), and since your client entered their own payment info, you don't have it to instantly give them $ back, so now there's more back and forth Correspondance and time-consuming effort needed that only takes seconds in all other comparable software out there. If the workaround is to use a different payment processor solution then one has to ask, "Why am I even using this one?". Now, if you have never given a refund in your life and you think it's so rare that this will happen that dealing with another merchant processor is worth for these one-off occasions, then by all means choose this software because it excels in more places than the competition. Just be warned.

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

It has more features in one software than any other comparable products at this time.

Stuart from JBM & Associates Limited

This software changed my life

Amazing - support team are great, I was set up and they even did some graphic design on our brochure.. ten minutes in I felt supported and knew it was the right decision!

Pros

The ability to look and feel like a big professional outfit even when you are a small firm. Our proposals look just as good as any prepared by the mid tier. The automatic billing and collections plus engagement letters and proposals literally save me hours on hours of work!!

Cons

The last piece for me is the direct debits in NZ - other than that it's perfect!!

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

Ease of use, support and the awesome look out of the box. Also the close connection to Xero Practice Manager

Reasons for Switching to Practice Ignition

Ease of use and better features!

Beth from Care CPA

Best Proposal Software Available!

It has been so easy to work with Practice Ignition, and anytime I can't figure out how to do something, our account manager [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been really quick to help me! He even created a workflow map for our process which showed us what we needed to work on/could automate to help our business even more!

Pros

We initially switched to Practice Ignition because it had the ability to collect payments when clients signed proposals plus it could do the reoccurring billing for us at the same time instead of us having to set it all up in QB. Clients can update their own payment settings, an the proposal process is really easy. Recently, they made changes which allow us to present multiple options within one proposal, as well as do variable billing and it has made things even better! Their support and webinars are incredibly helpful and we are so glad we switched to them! They really understand what we need for proposals and the bulk creation through support will definitely be helpful when tax season comes!

Cons

The thing we liked the least was we couldn't send options within the same proposal like we did in our old proposal software, but that's changed now! I think the only other issue we really still have is the ability to collect international payments

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

Practice Ignition seemed like they were working on more things that we needed and the customer support was much better when going through the free trial!

Nusii doesn't collect payments

Alister from BetterCo

Best proposal software for technology-driven accountants

Pros

It is very user-friendly and works amazingly within the Xero ecosystem. Our entire team uses it daily and pairing it with Loom videos it really brings a WOW-factor to our clients. Our Onboarding close rate definitely increased significantly!

Cons

It’s not a full fletched CRM like Insightly or Hubspot of course but can’t complain for the subscription price. More reporting around leads tracking and product type sale % will be awesome to have.

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

Good pricing and works well with Xero products. Plus a big fan of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] vision since I was a graduate accountant!

Olly from Evans & Partners

my review

Truly fantastic customer support and onboarding support. they have gone way over above and beyond to get us up and running

Pros

Deals with onboarding compliance like letter of engagement and taking payment option

Cons

no complex billing scheduling (coming soon)

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

Ability to standardise services in proposals, roll over proposals next year, Support, ongoing product development

The best tool for ready-made proposal templates.

For me, Practice Ignition is really good software and has helped me a lot in uplifting my business and it has proved as a game-changer for me with its extraordinary features. By using its readymade proposal templates I have managed to save a lot of time thus giving it to my clients and I have seen a customer engagement prompt and simple too with practice ignition. Also by its automatic payment, we don’t have to bother our customers every month.

Pros

I have seen it as a really good and helpful software that has eased my work as it has combined different objectives and tasks and provided them to me on a single platform thus making work more efficient and less time taking. I must admire its ability of Direct debit collection and invoices in soft. It has transformed the power of a single click as I can now send a large engagement with just a single click. It is structured and well organized and with it, I am not able to keep track of proposals which has helped me in modifying my relation with my clients thus resulting in client satisfaction.

Cons

The switching option between different templates is also missing in it and also a single proposal sent with a single option bothers me as I think there should be an option of multiple options in single.

Donna from Hancock & Dana Pc

Practice Ignition is a Game Changer

This product has a lot of functionality but the engagement letter process gets an A+. It provides a very professional and polished presentation for our clients. It is also easy to use and implement.

Pros

Practice Ignition delivers a professional, eye catching engagement letter quickly and efficiently. The support team goes out of their way to ensure a successful implementation and the product is easy to use.

Cons

One drawback is that the support team is located in Australia which poses some timing challenges.

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

We selected this product because it efficiently and effectively batch delivered engagement letters.

Reasons for Switching to Practice Ignition

The efficient batch delivery process and the professional presentation of an engagement letter was superior to the product we previously used.

Mitchell from Kaizen Business Advisory

Kaizen Business Adsvisory Review

Hands down one of the best subscriptions in the accoutning nindustry

Pros

Automation into Xero, and automated recurring invoices

Cons

Time it takes for fgunds to clear into business account

Sarah from Dot Advisory

Excellent - so efficient!

Pros

Practice Ignition has made our onboarding and proposal process seamless. The proposals are clear and concise which our clients love. It has certainly improved our invoicing and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our account manager, is brilliant - terribly helpful and patient.

Cons

When invoicing on completion is selected, it would be good if once the proposal is marked as complete, the final invoice is sent, rather than having to manually push it through.

Benjamin from TaxAssist Accountants

Practice Ignition

Good.

Pros

Easy/intuitive to use and well priced. Much more organised than paper engagements.

Cons

Has a few bugs from time to time which prevent it doing what you want it to. Search function not that intelligent, could do with more reporting/data analysis/Excel export functionality. Could also do with the ability to attach more than 1 PDF.

June 2016

Tom from Rise Business Solutions

June 2016

Practice Ignition - Review

Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers looking to move to a package / upfront billing model. Particularly good for our firm, as it integrates into our client database, and deploys our job flow once a proposal has been accepted. It also has website connector, so we can sell our services on our website, and initiate the on boarding process from there. Provides analytics and internal notes which is also really helpful. Additional reporting would be nice.

Pros

All in one solution. Client engagement documents, jobflow deployment, billing.

Cons

Can take a while to get your head around.

Chris from GPL Tax & Accounting

I absolutely love Practice Ignition

Practice Ignition has made engaging with our clients a seamless process. We deal with a large volume of clients and with how easy and efficient the systems are, we are able to quickly send proposals, collect payment with virtually no administrative burden, and have great reporting around every step of the process. I can not recommend this product enough, it is truly one of my favorite programs that we work with inside of our firm and the the support team is just as great to work with! Thank you so much!!

Pros

- Fast - Intuitive - Option to collect payment in order to sign - Low amount of admin needed - Amazing support team, fast turn around - Scalable - Open to feedback, they actually listen!!

Cons

I legitimately do not have a single con that I would give. the only thing even close would be there is not currently a way to display a discount for a service item directly from the standard cost of the service. This is something that I have left feedback on and is already slated to be adjusted in a future update. to my previous point, they actually listen to feedback which is amazing.

Diane from de garis accounting Limited

PI has been a game changer for our business in a period of growth

We were spending a lot of time on engagements, especially as a growing practice. We also were making mistakes (as using word) and PI has proved invaluable. We started using it in 2017 and would highly recommend to businesses who need to engage clients / send terms of business etc. We link with XPM and Xero, and I think we need to iron out a few issues (mostly XPM related!), but could not be without it. What used to take a few hours and not look great, now takes 5 minutes and creates a great first impression. We attach our brochure and kick of the process of engagement / job set up / invoicing etc. Also better control over changes in terms etc - just one place to keep up to date.

Pros

A one stop shop for a great looking engagement letter that links to our job management system, creating the jobs and importing the client info.

Cons

I look forward to more features being added with the integration with XPM, so recurring dates can be more flexible, budgets imported against jobs. But I am confident this is advancing all the time which is great.

Deborah from Clear View Business Solutions

We Love PI!

We love Practice Ignition it has been the platform we have built our business growth on for the past 4 years since implementation. We have grown 10% per year since then; and the fact that everything is streamlined from proposal to billing to collections to accounting in our QB company file has been a game changer. We are spending far less time doing administrative tasks and our accounts receivable has gone from over $80K per month to less than $20K at any given time. I would highly recommend this app to any practice that is looking to grow and sreamline! Five Stars! We love PI!

Pros

The ease of use and the interface to the client. Getting paid right away for our services and integrating into our firm's QBO so that we can easily track our clients' billing. The training and support offered are very valuable.

Cons

We would like to be able to issue refunds to our customers using PI but thus far we are not able to. Also we would like to build in a surcharge for credit card payments but that is not an option.

Wes from Cloud5 Accounting

AR Automated

First class experience with the whole PI team and the PI software. As mentioned above, it is a game changer for us.

Pros

We have been using Practice Ignition for over three years now. its a no-brainer and a game changer. Having my AR 100% automated has saved us a lot of time performing AR/Collection tasks. It also greatly helps with our cash flow as it auto charges each client each month at the begging of the billing period as opposed to the end. PI is easy to use and does it all.

Cons

It does take 5-7 business days to receive the deposit, but I believe this is beyond the control of PI.

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

Ease of use AR Automation Customer Service Options and Features Professional Looking Proposals Customization

Tricia from O'Connor & CO CPAs LLC

Absolutely love PI

Practice Ignition has been a game changer for us from the moment I pulled the trigger on it. It revolutionized our process for creating proposals, is an enormous time saver and it creates a process that is standardized and consistently the awesome experience we want our clients to have. We close more engagements and at better fees than ever before. I can't say enough about how it changed my firm and put us on the path to the firm I really want. It was the start of all the progressive ideas we have put into place because it gave me the space and the revenues to recreate my firm. The team at PI can't be beat. I am seriously crushing on all of them.

Pros

It automates the preparation of proposals, it makes them look professional, it allows us to be paid sooner, the team at practice ignition is absolutely incredible.

Cons

Billing clients on an alternative schedule then monthly or quarterly was difficult but they have fixed that problem.

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

The demo made the product so easy to use and the team that onboarded me helped create engagement letters and did training and have continued to be at my back and call when I need help.

Meredith from McAdam Siemon Business Advisors

Practice Ignition - a life saver!

First class from the very beginning. Could not be more helpful and regularly touch base to make sure all okay and using the software to its full capacity.

Pros

Easy to use software with little tuition required. Set up and off and running sending proposals in no time. Lots of support assistance available with fast response times to queries. It has been a game changer in our company, saving so much time with client proposals and improving our internal efficiencies.

Cons

Would like to be able to add more notes to a client proposal after it is signed. eg. reminders or comments about the proposal or the client.

Practice Ignition Review

It’s been pleasant. This product came highly recommended by other accountants, so we gave it a shot. Again, from the client side, it’s nice to have them sign one agreement for multiple contracts. The dashboard is great, and the automated reminders really save our staff time following up on contracts that go out. If they could provide more than 1 template option, we’d have scored higher.

Pros

We moved to Practice Ignition after using a few other contract management platforms, because we felt it offered a better experience for our clients. It does in offering one signature for multiple contract types (tax, consulting services, implementation services, etc). It is superior to other platforms from that standpoint. We also felt the co-branding was better. Also, greatly appreciate the automated reminders.

Cons

By far & the reason I did not score higher, was the fact that we are limited to one template when sending contracts. We send new engagement agreements and renewal letters via Practice Ignition, but the template that accompanies each agreement can not be customized. The email template we send to new clients needs to be different than the email template sent to renewal clients, but I have been told it can’t be changed. This does not allow for a productive workflow.

Fantastic proposal software which streamlines our business development and sales funnel.

I love this software. We no longer have to deal with sending quotes out, then waiting for a 'yes' then send out an engagement letter and wait for that to be signed and returned (which would mean the customer printing then scanning back to us) all before we start work and then start billing. Now we can send one form online that converts to an engagement letter once signed (electronically) and we're away. It can also be updated an changed around so easily with a full audit trail behind it.

Pros

The software enriches the perception of our brand and instils a modern and progressive view of our business in the minds of our prospects. Allows us to avoid 'scope-creep' by ensuring that we do not provide more than what we have agreed to without earning more for doing so.

Cons

The reporting function of this software could be improved. High-level analytics are good but drilling down into some metrics would save time with spreadsheets.

LAZARUS from Eva Financial Solutions

Tracking categories

Pros

I love that: 1. You can attach a business profile with your proposal 2. Show a breakdown of your services and give a brief description of each. This really adds value 3. Set up reminders for clients to accept proposal 4. Send invoices directly to Xero once a proposal is accepted 5. With the help of Zapier, send work flows to Asana

Cons

The challenge is that the invoices sent to Xero are sent without their tracking categories. One has to manually update these invoices for tracking categories. A feature that send these invoices with tracking categories would be great.

It was tedious

Travis from Accountant

Great website for creating client engagements

Practice ignition save us heaps of time and this means we get to spend more time on value add work rather than chasing bills.

Pros

Practice Ignition has helped get a lot of our clients onto fixed fee payment plans this means we don't have to chase bills and its all easy to manage in one place.

Cons

It can be a bit confusing to get set up. I highly recommend using their tutorial videos to get an idea of what the software is capable of.

Karen from Nine Advisory

Create a Proposal - And forget about it. Practice Ignition Thinks for you

We set up all of our billing through Practice Ignition. Clients need to put in their credit card details or banking details before they can accept/agree to a proposal. This means one less thing we need to do - chase payment from our client. The only time we need to do this is if a payment is not able to be collected. Overall, a very simple, brilliant program to use. I love the HelpDesk as they are generally very quick to respond to our queries, no matter how trivial. Setting up a proposal for my Manager to review prior to it being sent is a brilliant little feature also. I recommend trying this for yourself.

Pros

Where to start. From setting up templates for future use, to sending reminder emails of when the proposals are signed, due for expiration, weekly review, to quick turnaround times from the help desk - what's not to like?

Cons

Not to be negative on a great product, but if you're looking for an invoice, you need to open each proposal for the client in the proposals list to be able to access the invoice tab, to search through each invoice to find the one you need. On the upside, as soon as the invoice is raised it sent to Xero which is time saving plus!

Katrina from Next Accounting Pty Ltd

A great product

It has allowed us to move from the more traditional time billing system to a fixed fee program that clients seem to really like. One day we won't need timesheets and this will help us get there!

Pros

I love this program for ease of use. it does what it needs to. I can set quotes to be sent out and when they are accepted they fill in bank details to do direct debit. I don't need to do anything else. I love the new update for recurring billing so I don't have to send out new annual fee quotes if we agree that the same price is still relevant.

Cons

I possibly don't use it to its full capacity as when we started using it the software was very basic but the new updates are making it a bit better. I don't have much negative to say.

Simon from SJP.Media

Industry: Executive Office

Amazing

Epic.

Pros

Scalability. Ease of use. The elegance of the front-end presentation

Cons

Accounting Focus... we're a digital agency so that bit doesn't have relevance. But negligible.

none

Superior product.

Kate from MBC Orange

Love Practice Ignition

Great results from clients. Makes interactions with clients current & new so much easier, they know what we are offering, price and everything is explained in one document.

Pros

Easy to use and great results. You can set up as many templates as you like.

Cons

Nothing! It's all so very simple, anyone can use it

Response from Practice Ignition

Replied August 2018

Thanks for your review Kate! We really appreciate it :)

Paul from Innovatus

Practice Ignition is key to managing the work we do for our clients.

Streamlined our proposals for providing package services and integration into Xero

Pros

It is simple to use and integrates beautifully with Xero Practice Manager which allows us to manage our work from proposal stage to progress billing to completion of the project.

Cons

Caleb L. from RLJ Financial Services, Inc.

PI has helped us automate our onboarding & billing

Pros

We were struggling to keep track of all our proposals, engagement letters, and billing schedules in a Google Sheet prior to using Practice Ignition. After we started using P.I., we saved immense amounts of time by completely automating the engagement letters & billing. It's also incredibly easy to go search and see what we are doing for each client in P.I. now...

Cons

My biggest suggestion right now for P.I.: Allow me to create my 3 package proposal in a nice one page proposal that I would email to my clients. Once they select one of the proposals, they would just click through to the Engagement Letter and then on to the Payments... This would save the other 2 unaccepted proposals as archived historical packages so that I could go back and review what I had proposed to my client.

Giovanna from Alberto J Ibarra PA

Practice Ignition is a great tool and perfect for organizing proposals

Pros

great for proposals and cash flow very flexible with different ways of payments, if the client is right infront of you they can check the email right through there phone.

Cons

the only complain is having to wait 2 weeks for the disbursal, everything else with Practice Ignition works great.

Laura from Redmond Accounting Inc

Exactly what we needed

The overall experience with Practice Ignition is excellent. The setup process improved our sales process. This solution gets us out of email and portals with passwords. It does the heavy lifting for an important moment in the sales process. And it looks great doing it!

Pros

This app is the perfect tool once you've determined what service plan is right for your prospect. We use another tool for needs assessment and pricing. Practice Ignition seals the deal. What I like most about Practice Ignition are its robust features. It's a great experience for the prospect and designed for them to receive a proposal via web or mobile. Payment solution is built in. Integration to QuickBooks & Zapier lets you plug this into your tech stack to record revenue, payment and then zap the new order to your workflow management tool for onboarding & service delivery. The templates and service descriptions let you customize to your liking. The support center is more than helpful; it taught me how to create a better sales experience. The dashboard gives you a bird's eye view so you can follow through on closings.

Cons

I cannot think of one thing that we do not like about this software. I especially appreciate that it does not clutter its mission with a lot of other data. It does its job and it does it well.

Bassim from Michael & Company, CPA A PC

Practice Ignition has helped me simply the proposal writing process and payment collections.

Pros

automated collections, it made my life a lot easier and improved our cash flow and overall collections.

Cons

It is not connected to Karbon. If it was connected to Karbon, we could start automating some of the the onboarding steps.

Sam from Freelancer

Awesome customer support - but a pretty high price point!

In my trial I felt it was a powerful, easy to use system. Unfortunately, the high price put me off moving my proposal/quote management system over to PI. Perhaps in the future once my business is larger, but not at this stage.

Pros

I Like that PI streamlines the entire proposal making process meaning that I can easily and quickly send out proposals to clients. Also, the digital signature ability makes signing documents super simple. Also, I'd like to give a special mention to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the PI service rep who reached out to me at the very beginning. He was extremely helpful and very knowledgeable and he helped me out with all the questions I had.

Cons

I felt the entry price point was a bit high. At 75 USD a month, I didn't feel like the additional functionality was worth the extra price. Especially for a small business owner like myself. PI's closest competitor - Hubspot offers more or less the same functionality at $40 a month for their Sales Hub package. I feel that the if the price point was lower or if they had a lower entry package I would have gladly signed on with PI.

The BEST Payment Processor / Engagement software

Great and their customer service is excellent.

Pros

It's saved me a ton of money in two instances where a client tried to back out of paying for work that was already in process or completed. I have an accounting firm with larger clients. I have the software set up to only accept ACH, which gives me more control over refunds / charge backs. I love that it has everything together: the engagement letter, the scope of work and the payment all in one.

Cons

The user design is just ok. It's not bad but there's a lot of manual data entry in the beginning.

It's super easy to setup and use. Lots of clever features, with more features being added regularly.

Client communication - letting them know upfront what my services are going to cost, and having them agree to it so there are no surprises. We've been doing this with clients for a few years but this software has saved me hours every week by simplifying the process and cutting out manual work. Cashflow improvement - for known or suspected bad payers I can choose that they must enter bank details for a Direct Debit before accepting the proposal. It makes the conversation easier - "I can't start the work until we have an agreement in place". It removes all the time I used to spend chasing debtors.

Pros

It solves several problems in my business so is great value for money. I can customise how I use it to suit my own workflows and clients. It's simple without compromising effectiveness.

Cons

There's nothing I've found that I don't like. A few times I've thought the software didn't contain a certain functionality, but after asking support they were able to turn a new feature on for me to test.

Leticia from Brutal Pixie

Brilliant, saves me hours.

Pros

* Saves time (proposal writing went from 3 hours to 15 minutes!!) * Saves money being left on the table * Enables digital payments including direct debits * Enables the sales process to scale * Usable and functional * Support is A1 and the team's communication is fabulous

Cons

The navigation. Sometimes I get lost clicking on things, but it's so minor it doesn't matter. This review requires more words before it submits, but I don't have any - hence this wasteful third sentence.

Luke from Alliotts LLP

Practice Ignition

Pros

Easy to use, reasonably priced, makes accepting payments easy.

Cons

Don't have any issues with the product - could be more integrations.

Ian from Tally Accounting

Don't run a practice without it.

Great experience, amazing onboarding with dedicated support.

Pros

PI solves the AR problem while also taking care of engagement letters/client agreements. It keeps your practice running smoothly.

Cons

Cons? I guess that I waiting so long to implement PI!

Reasons for Switching to Practice Ignition

I love Moonclerk but PI just made sense.

Samit from TaxAssist Altrincham

Automated Engagement letters

Excellent

Pros

The ease of creating engagement letters and the automated follow up of clients

Cons

I would like enhanced flexibility with the pricing of services

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

It was part of the software suite that is available to TaxAssist franchisees

Brett from The Bearded CPA and Co., Ltd

Pleasant setup and support. Wonderfully streamlined practice!

This software saves me time on administrative work and provides my clients with a clean, nice looking proposal and limits the number of login accounts they would need.

Pros

This software will standardize your proposals and engagement letters. I don't like having my stuff spread across multiple platforms and this does a great job at consolidating many of my tasks to one solution. I can create general "jobs" that I would do for a client and enter my engagement letters separately. Using software specific tags, I can customize the engagement letter and work to be done to each client without having to use the find/replace feature in Word. They will sync my accepted proposals into accounting software and collect payment (they use Stripe). I can set up reoccurring/ monthly agreements or one-off. Very happy I found this and wish I had found it sooner than I did.

Cons

It would be nice to change the display settings of my services I offer and templates I've created. Having the ability to only view services of a certain type would help when setting up the system as well as when I'm searching for the correct service to add to a client's proposal.

Michele from Rainforest Bookkeeping

Keep it Professional!

PI are awesome to deal with. They are always improving and work with me to get up to speed with new developments. Highly recommend them. They are Number 3 in my Tech Stack!

Pros

Paperless! It's embarrassing to promote cloud-technology and moving to paperless and then present a paper engagement letter. The templates make it easy to use for all clients so you can be sure they are up to date. Makes Single Touch Payroll authorisaton easy. I made a separate engagement letter to run for 12 months to remind me to update it each year (nil charge)

Cons

Payment delays. Doesn't link with Xero Projects

Billy from Independent

Industry: Law Practice

Onboarding and ACH-based collections are a breeze

Practice Ignition allows us to quickly onboard new clients within a set menu and use recurring monthly payments to eliminate the hassle of billing and collection.

Pros

Ease of use and the ability to deploy standard engagement terms seamlessly while enabling recurring payment. No need to bill or collect; just set it and forget it!

Cons

It's challenging to navigate to some of the more wonky screens, like the payment enabling.

Bianca from Callea Pearce Lawyers

PI has changed the way we work!

The ease of the software and the support of the staff (in particular Matt) has been amazing, highly recommended

Pros

I love the ease of sending our scopes of works to our clients and collecting retainers and fees without the horrible debt collection calls

Cons

A few teething issues in the start with finds collecting adding 10% when it shouldn't

Alix from McMasters'

Thanks PI

It's changed the way we work - and I don't have to call debtors any more!!

Pros

The thing i like most is the ase and efficiency of use

Cons

ummm building the templates was probably the only thing

Claudia from The Bookkeeping Bureau

Amazing App

Pros

Great product for Accountants and Bookkeepers, easy to use. Amazing customer service.

Cons

There are not really negatives to talk about.

Shane from Bennett Thrasher

Quicker Close / Good clients

Great people and great product! We have enjoyed using thus far.

Pros

Reid did an outstanding job answering all our questions during setup and implementation of this solution. PI enables us to quickly propose on new work without all the headaches of starting proposals from scratch. I recommend using fixed fees and a due on acceptance amount along with recurring payments to weed out the bad clients on the front end. Love the tracking too. I can tell if the prospect has received and viewed the proposal verifying they did get our service agreement.

Cons

Wish the dashboard could be filtered by date to allow a better view of the data.

Steve from Boyum Barenscheer

Very Helpful Software

Saved a substantial amount of time in creating engagement proposals and tracking status of returned engagements. Also makes customer acceptance of engagements easier.

Pros

Creates ease with tracking engagement status

Cons

No complaints. The product works well and has met our expectations.

Brett from SearchKings Africa

Great solution

Having tried and tested 4 proposal software I'm really glad I found Practice Ignition. The ease of use, final product and ability to combo proposals and contracts onto one platform has been great. Hugh our customer success manager is nothing short of legend and has gone above and beyond for us. Thanks Hugh! Highly recommend

Pros

Ease of use The professionalism of final product Ability to integrate testimonial videos

Cons

Building in links to custom-built payment portals and some links send the use off site/proposal - which should open in an another window.

Reasons for Choosing Practice Ignition

Referral from a trusted strategic partner

Panda doc was Sh!te

Andrew from Destined Accountants & Business Advisers

So easy and EFFICIENT

Incredible customer service and support. They seriously go above and beyond.

Pros

Zero debtors problem! Integrates with Xero & Xero Practice Manager so workflow and sending of client invoices is automated

Cons

No smartphone app/access. Delay in receiving client funds when not using credit card.