• Pros

• "Ability to send high quality mail notifications to business blog subscribers."

• "easy to use, easy to understand, works flawlessly"

• "The ability to store names and emails and export them for later use without leaving WordPress"

• Cons

• "Maybe a little more just some more Templates rather than the standard Lucid template (this is only a very minor point."

• "Wish the forms were a little easier to customize. But this is not a big complaint. I realize that I can use custom CSS to do most of what I need."

• "Really no cons of any consequence. I would like to be able to customize the forms just a little more than we can, but it is really no issue. "

Browse MailOptin Reviews

Thiago from Trico de Pais

Great Plugin for Wordpress

Pros

It's the best plugin for optin in Wordpress!

Cons

I think the paid plans are too expensive.

Randi from Just Start Today

Great marketing tool

I haven’t had any hiccups so it’s been nice and easy

Pros

As an online marketer and web developer, I am constant trying to find the right tool to increase email subscriptions. It’s wordpress plugin is multi faceted with many options such as which email program I can connect it to and how I want it to look. Free version can suffice for many clients and I like there is a paid version for when I need more options such as design style.

Cons

No cons I haven’t had any hiccups so thanks for that

ben from Healthcare

Industry: Mental Health Care

I couldn;t get MailOptin to work. You may do better

The whole experience has been unbelievably demoralising. I thought Mail Optin would be the simplest, cheapest, no frills way of getting people to sign up for my newsletter and getting their email address. Not so. Because (unfortunately) I've paid for this plug in, I will continue to play with it, try and get it to work and liaise with Tech support. I'm not a tech-head, but I'm not stupid, and I do use programs. In my view there's something badly wrong with this one, and the tech support people don;t seem to "get" what I'm experiencing or where my blocks are.

Pros

The features are good, easy to set the opt in box to appear on any page, or any blog entry. Only I could not get that absolutely basic function to work on my bog-standart, Wordpress blog, even with several communications from the Tech Support guy. see below.

Cons

Even giving the tech support guy my log-in so he could see and adjust the settings, after months (coming back to by blog'd admin at different times) I still have not been able to make the opt-in box appear as I want. There's confusion about what I can see when I set the system to Test Mode, and what I can't. Should I be able to access my blog onn my own computer just as a client/visitor would, and see what they see?

Paul from REbel Creative Media Ltd

Industry: Publishing

Awesome plugin

I needed to contact support only once and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was awesome. The problem was with my Sendinblue API which has 2 versions and only one of them works! Overall I would recommend this without hesitation.

Pros

I searched for a long time before finding this plugin and am so pleased I found it. It was simple to set up and integrates with my existing site and Mailing Software (SendinBlue) brilliantly. I use the plugin to send a weekly roundup of my blog posts. The drag and drop editor is so simple to set so a campaign can be done really quickly.

Brandi from Loving Living Green

Industry: Writing and Editing

Best Optin Software Value Out There

Mail Optin helps us get subscribers to our blog. We have seen an uncrease in the number of subscribers since we started using Mail Optin.

Pros

We love Mail Optin. It offers many of the same features of other leading optin software programs for a fraction of the price. We use the notification bar and exit intent optins and have seen a dramatic increase in subscribers. We use Constant Contact and setting up the integration was simple. The forms work seamlessly with them.

Stephen from Caneye LLC

Industry: International Affairs

Exactly What You Need

Pros

Fairly simple set up, great customer support and a product that does exactly what it should; capture leads.

Cons

Takes a little while to really understand how to use it to the best advantage.

Chris from Money Stir

MailOptin is a Great Plugin

Support responded quickly with my questions and issues. I think the code for this plugin is solid. It has added a ton of value to my site and I will continue using the plugin.

Pros

The MailOptin plugin is easy to install. It connects to my email newsletter system flawlessly and has a ton of great options. I love how I can easily add slide-ins, popups, sidebar and content forms.

Cons

I wish there were more style options for the different types of forms. They offer a decent amount, but I'm hoping to see more in the future.

Kerri from McCracken Coaching

Versatile, Easy to Use, Great Va

Pros

MailOptin is a great product. It is easy to use and work with, very versatile and exceptional value. There are lots of templates and options to customize your marketing campaigns. The customer support is fast and effective in answering all my questions and responding to requests.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. I think it’s a great product and I look forward to continuing to use it. I hope you continue to come up with new and innovative ideas to add to the options available.

Regina from ReginaBartlett.com

Overall solid product

Overall, good product, customer service, and results.

Pros

The design tools for landing pages were easy to use and configure. The exporting tools and list management is really well done.

Cons

The configuring at install was a little challenging at first but once I figured it out it was fine.

Magnus from Okadabooks

Industry: Publishing

Best used in Blogposts

Pros

MailOptin is one of the best and simplest lead generation tools I have used. It works like charm

Cons

After embedding it within posts, I could no longer edit the forms. It's frustrating but I hope their team will fix it.

Eric from Tall Glass Media

Not as feature rich as first thought, best if used with outside email apps

I purchased a full license of mailoptin thinking it would replace the need automate email campaigns from outside sources. While it's true you can do so to some extent, the campaigns are limited to posts that you created or if you want to send out a newsletter. If you want to truly automate or segment your emails then you will need to do so elsewhere.

Pros

Cons

Relies on third-party mail systems too much. If you could truly capture and automate, why would there be a need to take your campaign external? Also, there are not enough customizations and there is a very limited amount of templates. A custom option or builder would be ideal.

Ivan from Wild Latitudes LLC

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Awesome solution

This is helping us get more opt-ins

Pros

The ease of implementation on my website.

Shantanu from Stem Lending

Recommended WordPress Email Marketing product

Overall positive experience using MailOptin

Pros

Ability to send high quality mail notifications to business blog subscribers.

Cons

Video guides in setting up the campaigns faster would be very helpful. The product is currently having good features, but from someone novice to use its full potential more guidance could be helpful.

Upgrade to Pro not worth it

Pros

The basic version works fine, if all you need is a pop-up box.

Cons

I wanted to add an extra field to a lightbox to capture additional information, and could only do so with an upgrade to Pro, but was not satisfied. The new custom field was in a different font from the others and did not look right - so I'm going to just delete it and hence have no use for Pro. There are also very limited design elements. I later discovered that Elementor has a pop-up builder and wish I had known prior!

Valentin from sellectra GmbH

Perfect tool for email automations

Pros

easy to use, easy to understand, works flawlessly

Cons

the free version could have more options

Straight forward popup plugin for Wordpress

Pros

My team was looking for a popup plugin to use for our email campaigns. We ultimately decided on MailOptin for its​ ease of use and simplicity. It also integrates with many of the popular email services available​.

Cons

It doesn't have all the features or some more complex plugins. Also sometimes the preview doesn't always display when trying to compose the popup, requiring​ a refresh of the entire page.

Angelica from Netmundo

Nothing compares

They have been really patient, understanding and willing with support.

Pros

First of all, MailOptin has an amazing variety of forms and integrations. It's one of the few that support Sendy. It has all the basic form optins and then some. Easy to use and to setup. Support is also a strong point.

Cons

The price maybe be out of reach for some, but it covers a whole year. So it's fair.

Iqbal from freelancer

Why MailOptin is a best email marketing tools

Pros

For Email automation, lightbox and popup forms.

Cons

Only Three optin forms in free version is a barrier for poor countries people

Renee from Redhead Business Group

A good product with some decent features

Pros

It was easy to install and get set up. I also liked the options available.

Cons

Making edits to the form is a bit clunky but once you've done it a few times it becomes easier.

Oliver from Olidev

Great product, costly/meaningless upgrades

Definitely assisted in capturing leads, you get what you pay for

Pros

Great usability, very easy to implement.

Cons

Pushiness regarding upgrades, limited functionality for price. Pretty frustrating having to pay extra large increments for one extra meaningless feature.