All OneSignal Reviews

Krunal

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2023

Best site for marketing email

It is sending needy information to the user who used to take an interest in our app or site, and this is trying to back our users to the site and app, so it is very problem-solving for the company, which needs marketing and continues to make the interest of the user in our product, that's it, and use of API is straightforward to make our products more, and this is also a part of this

PROS

The Onesignal app is used to send small or push notifications to mobile, email, or the web; this is useful software in the company. I think, because of its marketing purpose, it is excellent. We also try this, which gives us perfect marking options like email marketing and some app marketing; with this, we send some additional information to the user for using our app or site and make more interest in our service. It is basically API based, so we start with a trial version, and I think it is perfect to create our new site or app marking with the help OneSignal. I recommend it

CONS

I think our company is significantly related to it, but at this time we do not find any dislike from it, it is effortless to use and gives us very related information about users also

Janie

Newspapers, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

Longtime heavy user, company just switched to another vendor

They were quick, helpful. Good platform but I didn't know what others were capable of, too. The deployment was reliable to different segments. And the carry-over due to new vendor's back-end was a flop. OneSignal was more stable. But the AI auto-fill, A/N test ease and Web alert CTA "button" are nice. Also I had a real vendor onboarding with new vendor. But that might be on my company, not OS fault, at time of onboarding.

PROS

Ability to send to segments and know it will deploy. Setting / using segments is wonky with new vendor.

CONS

Our new vendor lets you enter the link and it will pull in image address, headline and blurb that you can just tweak. Much faster. Also A/B testing is easier too. Does not need some turn-on from OneSignal. Also, I could never maneuver our audience segments to adjust, combine, audit. Maybe that's across all vendors.

Reason for choosing OneSignal

Not sure why they picked it. Also if publishing, please only use Janie H. Not my full name. Thank you

Reasons for switching to OneSignal

Company decision. Parent company. Probably cost

Dave

E-Learning, 2-10 employees

Used less than 6 months

Reviewed October 2018

Nothing seems to work and sup[port hasnt been able to help at all

PROS

the concept is fantastic. Unfortunately with my experience they dont seem to deliver what is promised

CONS

Its very difficult to set up to a working standard (still not achieved even with support) despite it being an easy plugin. I can not get ANY subscribed users to actually receive any notifications. I have tried ALL troubleshooting options to no avail. 1/10 As support is in another country its more or less impossible for me to get any help.

Hi Dave. I'm sorry to hear you had difficulty getting OneSignal working. Our support team is based in the United States. We strive to reply to all support messages within 24 hours during the business week and help every client get successfully set up. We'd love for you to give us another shot.

Replied October 2018

Jared

Machinery, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2023

The best software for marketing.

It is a much needed software as we are able to maintain a great connection with our clients, we have increased our client database, our clients are now attracted to our services, the interaction is very good and it has very good email automation and receptive on the part of our clientele.

PROS

It is a simple software to configure, sending notifications is very fast, it makes it easy to always offer the best to our customers, we attract our customers thanks to the multiple functions that OneSignal offers, it is a very fast system, it has powerful customer segmentation, It is essential for us and for attracting new customers.

CONS

On one occasion notifications were delayed, we don't know why, but it has been a great concern for which we have not received a response. They must provide an answer to concerns that we are generally unaware of.

Prabhakar

Marketing and Advertising, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Best and feature-packed tool for push notification

Overall, I'm very satisfied with this tool. It has all the features that I need for push notifications and sending offers to my audience.

PROS

I use it to send push notifications to my website visitors. Using OneSignal, I collect notifications from subscribers and send them notifications related to new posts, offers, and updates. The best thing about this tool is that it is very easy to set up. You can customize and set it for different platforms like chrome, safari, android, ios, edge, etc. The analytics feature is also very good which allows me to view the customer journey, notification history, etc. It also supports multiple CMS like WordPress, Shopify, Blogger, Magento, Wix, Squarespace, Joomla, etc.

CONS

It should have a feature to remove inactive and duplicate subscribers.

Richard

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2023

I'm so glad I found OneSignal for web push notifications!

My overall experience with OneSignal has been overwhelmingly positive

PROS

I was looking for a web push notification solution and had thought I would implement myself but the more I looked into it the more I realised this was a fairly complicated thing to do. Then I discovered OneSignal and they had done all the hard work for me. It was really simple to integrate with my website and I was able to get started for free which was great. I needed some assistance with a configuration issue and can vouch for their technical support. I was up and running with web push notifications in no time.

CONS

Honestly, I am yet to find any cons about using OneSignal for web push notifications

Reason for choosing OneSignal

I chose OneSignal for fit for purpose, ease of use and value for money

Bhavesh

E-Learning, 1 employee

Reviewed June 2023

One Stop Solution For Customer Engagement

PROS

The most important features of one Signal that i use is push notifications and user analytics. It helps to understand notification parameters and how healthy engagement is

CONS

The firebase api key change should be made available in dashboard itself

Reason for choosing OneSignal

Multiple features in single platform

Shereen

Newspapers, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great push alert system for news organizations

We use OneSignal to reliably push notifications to thousands of our newspaper readers about breaking news, weather events and emergencies. This keeps readers informed, while benefiting our organization by sending traffic to our site.

PROS

Works well to push notifications about breaking news and other important stories to readers of our online newspaper. Works especially well for desktop users.

CONS

It is difficult for users to figure out how to opt out of notifications if they change their minds later, which has led to some problems. Not easy to configure for iOS.

Gustavo

Newspapers, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Easy implementation!

We could implement segmentation.

PROS

API functionalities are awsome, we integrate Onesignal with our CMS.

CONS

I expected to have a frontend in spanish.

Emre

Computer Games, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Developer friendly service

Sending huge amount of notification at the same time.

PROS

The most helpful thing is super easy integration. Huge sdk support, well documented API and message templates are upsides of OneSignal

CONS

We can only delete subscription but we want to delete devices sometimes.

Ale

Newspapers, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2018

best push notification

We use on our magazine to brodcast new content and promotion to our readers. IS VERY GOOD!

PROS

I bought a another app but i switch to one signal. We use in our magazine, we send more than 100.000 notification daily. - Insanly good notification service - can track reach, click and other stats - integrate with wordpress (they have plugin) - can segment audience - can send manual push notification - Can integrate native and with popup - Easy to use - Can send automatic notification and schedule - Integrate with alot of other service like Mautic or Zapier. - IS FREE! Support is amazing, i do request add UTM code to track, and they help me to implement on the code. Later they add the option in the plugin. So they help and wanna improve the product. This is one of the best way to reach your audience.

CONS

Not really. Is very good. Maybe the install is kind tricky is you dont have any experience with code or install. But overall is one of the best service i use. I dont have any complain or issue. Work perfect.

Mike

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2018

Push notifications with ease

PROS

Integrating OneSignal into your mobile app and server calls is extremely easy thanks to their API documentation and SDKs. Their dashboard UI is great too and can help you debug messages being delivered or failing. They are free (but share your data with vendors) or you can pay a fee to not have the data shared.

CONS

OneSignal 503s quite often sometimes push notifications fail, although these issues have happened less and less over time.

Wasim

E-Learning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2022

Great Tool for push notification

PROS

If you ever wanted to use push notifiation tool, i'll suggest to go for onesignal as it is great tool for push notification, it provides you indepth details of your customer like country, type of device and much more so that you'll create segment as per your need. Also AI notificcation features is wonderfully it will deliver the notification to the end customer whenever they will turn-on the device so that your CTR will improve.

CONS

From starting to till now, the only one things i am worried about the data, like they don't have option to get backup your data in case if you need to migrate to other tool.

Foluke

Online Media, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2018

Delivers On Time and Awesomely Free

PROS

OneSignal delivers on time, and once you are able to complete the setup, you will be able to deliver push notifications across different platforms. Another thing is that it is free. I'm still wondering how such a great software could come for free but who am I to complain

CONS

It is hard to set up, especially on Wordpress. First timers without coding knowlege may have difficult time, but watcjing tutorial videos might help

Ryan

Computer Software, 1 employee

Reviewed November 2023

The Perfect Notification Service

I find my overall experience with OneSignal very pleasing. The easiness of deployment is particularly great from the eyes of a developer.

PROS

When I was looking for a notification solution for my app, I found OneSignal to be very easy to integrate and deploy to my stack. A quick read of the documentation allows me to have a good idea of how the API works. Furthermore, I only need to add a couple lines to have the notification service ready on my clients.

CONS

I did encounter errors with deployment and the documentation didn't cover said error. I had to search around for the solution but eventually found it.

Baikuntha

Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Very solid Product

PROS

Since using OneSignal for my push notification needs, I have not looked back. Integration with OneSignal is simple and straight forward. I can send push notification to all my app and website users. It is definitely a product I would recommend.

CONS

There are no complaints regarding the software's functionality and reliability. However, the price could be a bit more affordable.

Annel

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

Excellent Resource

Perfect! Excellent! I love the resource.

PROS

I love being able to add an image, an explanation/blurb and have a multi lingual message shared with our school community in real time.

CONS

I feel like the topic and sub topic is redundant

Kelsey