All Quickbooks Online Reviews

Joshua

Real Estate, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2021

It's The Standard, But Not Because It's The Best

Overall, we still use it because it's the best option for our accountant and it integrates well with our business management software. However, if another stable option presented itself with a similar feature set but providing a better client experience I would absolutely consider moving to another product.

PROS

The biggest pro of Quickbooks is that your accountant is going to be very familiar with it. The second biggest pro is that it's probably going to be integrated with whatever software you use to manage your business.

CONS

The software can be quite "buggy" at times, adjusting options randomly with no explanation. Not only this, but it can be difficult to get certain features to even work. For example, the T-Sheets integrations never exported our employee information over, which defeated the purpose of using T-Sheets versus another time tracker. Neither the Quickbooks nor T-Sheets customer support could ever find out why this was not working. On the subject of Quickbooks customer support, they don't seem to be very well educated in the software itself. The times I've had to contact them, they were not very helpful and didn't seem to have any more knowledge of the product than I had.

Reason for choosing Quickbooks Online

It's still the standard option for accountants and integrates with everything we need.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

Needed a more extensive feature set and something an accountant could access remotely

Laura

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2023

The top-rated accounting program for SMBs!

Since I'm also an accountant and bookkeeper for a few other small firms, I use it for their payroll and financial records as well. Regularly, I utilize the whole software for my company's payroll, time tracking, and accounting needs. To streamline accounting, I recommend that all of my customers switch to QuickBooks.

PROS

All of our financial records, including bookkeeping, accounting, payroll, and budgeting, are maintained in QuickBooks Online. The program's principal user is me, but I've also sent copies to the company's grant writer, accountant, treasurer, and auditor.

CONS

Cleaning up the books is a fantastic idea in theory, but the execution fell well short of expectations. It would have been better if they had questioned my role in the organization more thoroughly before making the changes.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

For small businesses, QuickBooks is an excellent payroll and accounting solution. Moreover, they do an excellent job of handling payroll tax payments and communicating task reminders to clients and myself.

Sasha

Retail, 51-200 employees

Reviewed December 2023

QBO has been great for us

PROS

The ease of use. Being able to mark my favorites and come back to them easily. Also, how organized the charts are. No issues with Downloading etc

CONS

I don't like that for basic QBO, you can't have a Holdings Company account.

Brandon

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

Company Changes make past reviews irrelevant. Stay Away!

I have had QuickBooks for about 7 months and have been on calls with customer service for over 100 hours. The product was likely good at one time based on the reviews but they are constantly reprograming it and creating issues. All appear to be around driving people to use their other paid services like QuickBooks time and payment processing etc. Their greed for driving you to pay more has broken the core functions of the platform.

PROS

There is a lot of online discussion about QuickBooks so when you run into questions or issues you can often google and find some answers. This is very necessary because the customer support is terrible. The link to your bank accounts works very well and helps keep your books in order.

CONS

QuickBooks has been upgrading the user experience the entire time i have had the product. What this means is they reprogram how things work every few weeks. On top of having to learn how to navigate the software they do NOT betta test any of the new programming. There are bugs and issues all the time. For example, they have a bug that does not allow you to add billable time to a project since a programming change September 2023. Now January of 2024 and it is still not fixed. There is no way to charge my time (professional services) to my clients rendering QuickBooks useless. Other issues are estimates go out in emails that say invoice. All invoices have a pay here button that goes to a dead link. These issues are constant and there is no support. You put in a ticket and they say you must wait until it is fixed. there is no way to contact anyone, get a status update, or move the process along. You are just supposed to wait for months hoping they fix it.

Reason for choosing Quickbooks Online

i chose QuickBooks because of their long history and track record of positive reviews. along with the plethora of online forums and help. Unfortunately i did not know the company was going through a major reprogramming of their software.

10,000+ employees

Reviewed November 2023

Business Owner

I had always a good experience with the desktop, online and Customer Support.

PROS

They have/offer 24/7 Customer Support over the phone, chat or email.

CONS

There are some features on Quickbooks Online which is available on Desktop but not on Quickbooks Online.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

I switched because of the price. I get what I paid for.

Brian

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

How easy QuickBooks is

Great platform and ease of use has made this a great product.

PROS

The ease of implementation to different ERP systems, and the flexibility it offers.

CONS

Sometimes it is a little quirky, and need to contact customer support.

Geraldine

Construction, 2-10 employees

ok - could be better

PROS

reporting functions are useful, my accountants can easily access

CONS

difficult to use, issues with syncing accounts, customer service lacking

Quickbooks Online

Quickbooks online has been a positive experience.

PROS

Ease of use and setup. Quickbooks allows secure access from any system on the internet.

CONS

The recurring costs. It offers a general range of features but doesn’t provide granular functions as other platforms. The platform doesn’t allow scaling or a large growth, but is suitable for small business.

Edna

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

QuickBook Easy

PROS

Quick books online and offline are both very easy to use, and surely are user friendly.

CONS

The only challenge was to change the currency cause the company I worked with was in South Africa.

Arslan

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Quickbooks is my personal accountant

It was really very easy to use software and it is a must for every business

PROS

I can manage all accounting of my business with this software without need of an accountant

CONS

I dont think of any feature that i did not like

Keirsten

Internet, 2-10 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed August 2019

Quickbooks Online is not the same as Quickbooks Desktop!

We solved the issue of being able to log in from anywhere, however, we did go back to the desktop version for report purposes.

PROS

It was easy to log in from anywhere and add transactions. It was super easy to take pictures of transactions and upload them into the online platform. QBO does work with Tsheets as well, but not in the way that the desktop is capable.

CONS

Job costing and certified payroll are not possible with Quickbooks Online. Many of the reports I need to utilize are not available with the online. It would be great for a small home type business, but anything where intricate reports are needed or as stated, certified payroll or prevailing wages, are just not possible with the online version. We ended up going back to Quickbooks Desktop due to the certified payroll and job costing/mapping.

Reason for choosing Quickbooks Online

We initially went with online so that we could log in from any device. Now, we have the enterprise solutions desktop and keep a "working company file" on usb drive and utilize accountant copies.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

We were trying to simplify our business by being able to log in mobile and from multiple devices. We switched back to desktop due to the reports that the online version does not offer.

Mike

Construction, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2021

Makes daily financial task super easy

QBO is a daily workhorse for me. Payroll is a breeze with direct deposit, reconciling now takes 2 seconds because of the bank feed, and it's easier to stay on top of my accounts and balances.

PROS

The integration with banking transactions is what I like the most about QBO. It makes daily entering so easy. The bank feed allows me to add transactions in real time to proper accounts. I don't need to remember to manually create expenses after making payments because I know it will be there tomorrow in QBO for me to add.

CONS

What I like least about QBO, is the inability to go back on mistakes the same way I could with the manual desktop version. In Quickbooks Desktop, I could easily change things like payroll or tax transactions if I made a mistake in the original entry. But with QBO, there are a lot of times I have to reach out to support to get them make changes in the back end.

Reason for choosing Quickbooks Online

I chose QBO because Intuit was able to migrate my Quickbooks Desktop company to Quickbooks Online very easy.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

Wanted to be able to access my books anywhere my accountant suggested it.

Reviewed October 2021

Upgraded from Tally to QBO for simple and ease of use software

My overall experience with QuickBooks online has been amazing. I have used to desktop version before and found the online version more easy and simple to use. It has served my purpose in a great way over these years. The readily available reports helps my decision making for business. As compared to other options I found QuickBooks Online to be cheaper. We are trying to incorporate a construction company in quickbooks now. We hope it serves our purpose for this company as well now.

PROS

It is very simple to use overall. I like that i can check and work from any computer or cell phone as well. I love direct access to the numbers, easily available reports. It is great for auto billing direct from the software itself. The best part is integration with the bank account. I do not have to manually review expenses and add it.

CONS

The QBO is slow to load pages and that can be irritating at times. I initially thought that it was my internet connection but no that is not the case. While you are allowed to do a journal entry with a supplier name you cannot enter a negative invoice. There can be a greater variety in invoice format selection. A tad bit expensive.

Pricing and Automation

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

We wanted to increase automation and reduce manual tasks.

Wireless, 11-50 employees

Reviewed July 2022

Efficient Accounting Software

Highly recommend. Great product that keeps getting better.

PROS

Really easy to use, automates a number of functions, and provides a comprehensive accounting package for our small business.

CONS

My background is accounting and sometimes I get the impression that Quickbooks has tried to dumb the software down too much, which makes it harder for me to deal with anything outside the box. Calling in to support can also be really challenging.

Reason for choosing Quickbooks Online

While Quickbooks Desktop Pro has the feel of a true accounting software, the ability to log on from anywhere and constantly keep everything current (bank links etc.) plus not having to worry about backups or upgrades, made the Online version more attractive.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

Freshbooks was too basic for our needs.

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Excellent online bookkeeping software.

I love QuickBooks and this is the software of our choice for our practice.

PROS

The reporting side is the best on the market, with many dimensions of data available, more than e.g. Xero, with only two tracking categories. I also like the support, being able to speak to a person if needed. Also the discounting referral system is very good.

CONS

VAT management and reconciliation can be quite tricky, as software often allows to change the previously submitted to HMRC data.

Reason for choosing Quickbooks Online

The full package provided free for the practice is a great piece of software.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

I wanted to be fully online, to be able to work from any place.

Marie

Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2022

The Platform your Bookkeeper knows best

PROS

QBO does what you need it to do, makes invoiceing easy and my bookkeeper knows how touse all the fancy features. This makes it easy for the platform to adapt to myb usienss and produce the data I need and is most helpful for planning and forecasting in collaboration with my CPA and bookkeeper team.

CONS

Forecasting in the app itself is not a standard feature and way too expensive for small companies who are trying to scale, but literally cannot affor the very function to help us plan for whats on the horizon financially. My CFO/CPA has to do this manually in another spreadsheet with weekly cashflow projections instead. Bummer Could be easy. Also I hate that the mobile version and desktop version of my QBO account don't sync or communicate with each other. Its literally like having two sets of books and not useful. I could delete the app right now and not miss anything and probably avoid giving myself a heart attack by looking at out of date data.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

Needed something more robust and wanted to hire a professional bookkeeper - amde the switch because they had to clean up my books anyway and QB is pretty standard in the industry.

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review, Marie! It's awesome to hear that QuickBooks has made your day-to-day tasks so much easier. If you ever need help with your account or have questions, please feel free to reach out to us by phone or chat using the 'Help(?)' icon > 'Contact Us' in-account, and we'd be glad to get you taken care of! All the best! -Faith, The QuickBooks Team

Replied October 2022

Information Technology and Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2023

If you have < 10 EEs and need time billing, there are better options

Overall, it's the best thing out there. Unfortunately, Intuit works tirelessly to increase the revenue they get from each customer. Not by adding functionality; but by deprecating features and moving them to higher tiers of the product.

PROS

QBO was wonderful prior to their acquiring TSheets, and deprecating their built-in time tracking. If you don't do time-billing, then QBO is still great.

CONS

As of this review - 2 years after they acquired T-sheets; the level of integration is very poor. Instead of waiting to introduce the product after the integration is finished, Intuit chose to deprecate a very nicely defined time billing feature and replace it with something that requires a lot more work. You cannot see the status of your billables until you review and approve the hours in t-sheets; and then export it to QBO. If you want to see a tabular summary of the billable hours in T-sheets, the only option is to export to csv! Your QBO dashboard only shows what has been approved and exported from T-sheets. The entire process is extremely cumbersome, kludgy, and frustrating. And - did I mention you have to pay more to be able to allow your employees to enter their time. That used to be included in the price. Also - beware, Intuit regularly increases the cost of using the product. It's now double what I started with. They play a shell game with repackaging by deprecating features from the current version to drive you to the more expensive version.

Reason for choosing Quickbooks Online

I can't remember. I think it was the lack of time billing.

Reasons for switching to Quickbooks Online

I had been on QB since the 90s. Moved to QBO in 10s. Tried Wave for a year due to the frustration mentioned above. But, switched back because, even with all the issues; QBO is still the best out there.

Anna