• Pros

• "Very user friendly. It was easy to learn and quickly set up events. The dashboard is great for overview of each event for a quick glance."

• "Great tool to register customers for events and gather all pertinent info in one place. Air actuals and integration is amazing! "

• "I love that we are able to customize so much within Cvent. Flex has been a great upgrade as well. The ease and functionality of this tool helps keep my work load time efficient. "

• Cons

• "The credit module can be a little difficult to use but they are constantly updating their system and making it better "

• "I wish CrowdCompass was a bit more customizable, but overall its still a fantastic product."

• "Sometimes there are things that are hard coded that would be helpful to adjust"

Browse Cvent Event Management Reviews

Lori W. from Burroughs Wellcome Fund

Cvent gets the registration job done and is user friendly.

Pros

I like that I can send invites to all my attendees at once, but can divide them into different registration paths depending on what info needs to be provided to a particular group. I do have some challenges occasionally trying to figure out how to make something work while building a website, which is the reason for the 4 stars for the Ease of Use

Cons

Customer service. When I call the help line it sometimes takes several times to explain what issue I'm having because the rep doesn't seem to understand what I'm trying to do. I think that these are new representatives and aren't as experienced. Also when I use the chat box I'm not always sure someone is still there because of the delay in their responding to questions.

Gladys from The Ministers & Missionaries Benefit Board

Be prepared for a 180 degree experience with Cvent's Event Management solution.

Cvent's event management software saves countless man hours and potential marketing costs.

Pros

Cvent's Event Management solution truly automates your meetings & events marketing, registration and check-in processes. Upload your attendees with from an Excel or CSV file. Create and send save the date, registration open, reminder emails and practically anything else you can think of to effectively market your meetings & events. Check your registration numbers at-a-glance. Run reports to see who registered, who didn't, and even who is possibly thinking about it with the abandoned registrations feature. My favorite tool is OnArrival (event check-in). Put those days behind you of paper tickets, attendee checklists, and long lines & chaos at the registration table. Upon arrival, your attendees check-in on an iPad, or you can scan them with a mobile device, and look cutting edge while doing it!!!

Cons

I would say that Cvent's Event Management platform, like any other tech platform, has a learning curve a moderate one. Setting up my first event was challenging even with training. To my surprise, setting up my second event was even more challenging. Partly because I challenged myself to create vs. copy (feature) my second event from scratch. Due to the platform's many, and I do mean many, features and functionality, I found it difficult to remember all the steps (menu navigation) to create an event. Undeterred, I contacted Cvent's Customer Support (really Customer Care as they go the mile for you) to help me create my second event. For the second time around, I worked smarter and documented all the steps. I can honestly say, it's been smooth sailing ever since! If I run into a snag or have a question, I contact Customer Support or look to my Cvent Community for help. There are many meetings & events solutions out there, but it's hard to beat one of the first and best to market! Stop searching and give Cvent a try.

KAVITA from JOHNSON & JOHNSON

REVIEW ON CVENT

So far so good.

Pros

I like the fact that its easy to use. It has made the whole process of collecting information about attendees so easy. You can set up seating chart, and send communication to attendees any number of times you want.

Cons

there are limitations like: You cant pull one report for multiple inquisium feedback surveys. It allows to pull one report for one survey at a time. Budget: It needs to be more user friendly. Also there are few options related to event budget that cannot be pulled in reports.

Comprehensive Event Management solution

Prior to CVent, our event management solution was a mix of individual email sends and replies and spreadsheet tracking. There was not centralized visibility across the organization to see who was invited to an event or registered to attend. CVent eliminated those problems for us. Our employees also like to see which invitees responded to an invite with RSVP No. CVent appears to be the only event system that has this capability, though this user requirement may be changing soon.

Pros

API integration to Salesforce Campaign object. Allows for different response codes such as Opened, Bounced, RSVP Yes/No, Attended, Did Not Attend. Mobile app for swiping in attendees.

Cons

Complicated administration. Navigation between system administration and event administration is cumbersome. Navigating the API connectors to Salesforce is cumbersome. Pretty costly solution as well. Prepayment for all RSVP Yes and Attended statuses. Forecast your anticipated annual attendee headcount well.

Beth from World Law Group

Complicated System with Missing Functionality

Overall, I have been very disappointed in the service. Not easy to learn and Cvent should not have released a new version with very basic and essential capabilities missing.

Pros

Cvent is nice in that it has thought of many of the different scenarios planners need to communicate, offer registration for and track for each event. The integrated credit card processing makes handling the financial aspect of meetings much easier.

Cons

This software is extremely difficult to learn and use. Cvent is also switching from a legacy system to a new one. If you use the legacy system, not only are you wasting your time learning a system that will be eliminated, but your events will disappear after the change as they can't be transferred. Yet the new system is missing very essential functionality making its use very limited. None of this was clearly communicated during the sales process. The app feature is very overpriced and extremely limited in its capabilities. Also, the system is not a full life-cycle system. There are no features to help centralize the actual planning of the event - it does have RFP and budgeting features, as well as registration, but completely ignores room set, a/v programming, etc. Doesn't eliminate having other documents and spreadsheets outside of the system for organizing events. So, I would not consider it an "event management" system.

Reasons for Choosing Cvent Event Management

Bizzabo noted it was not capable of both pushing and pulling information from our CMS.

Nicole from BCD Travel

Daily CVENT

Pros

The reporting features are very helpful, especially room requests, hotel request changes, registration questions, all at one sight.

Cons

editing the site contact can be tricky at times, extra spaces, line breaks, even if copying over a perfectly fine program you have to double check

Ease of Response Option in a short time

Pros

I love that i can customize my response as much, or as little and very quick to answer all my leads in a timely

Cons

when i receive messages from the clients, i wish my responsed could be linked/logged when i responded from the email direct

Robert from You Are Here, LLC

Cvent RUles

The people at cvent are very helpful when i have trouble with an iteam

Pros

The ease of use, and how clean its interface is!

Cons

nothing - the software is great and helps me look good to the client

carmen from quality inn

groups/meeting essential

I dont think i could work without having so much information at my finger tips.

Pros

the software is user friendly something i usually look for as i am not that great on the computer. keeps me updated on requested bids that come in for my area to me its a must need for the hotel. you can set templates which is very very helpful in a busy day to get work done.

Cons

the help section needs to be more help for dummies for me the terms need to come done to my understanding but is usefully after re reading a few times

We were a long time user and switched due to high costs and lack of features

Pros

The brand name appealed and the supplier searching abilities but overall not a good program for the money. They overcharge and much better competitors out there.

Cons

We used cvent for over 10 years for our events. And each year the costs kept increasing, despite the ease of use and features did not. To clean our email lists was hard to do. The reporting features hard to access and understand. There were no templates to create our emails with. The high costs did not equate to being worth it. We changed to Perfit for our emails. And Cacob for our registration and both we pay a fraction of the cost for a much more attractive looking website, features and easier to use.

Lindsay from Renaissance Learning, Inc.

Cven Event Management Review

We finally have a program where attendees can look over a webpage with all event info and register easily, so our attendee experience has definitely improved. We are also able to send auto follow up emails to all registered attendees allowing us to send registration confirmations, event reminders, cancellations, etc. which has allowed the planners to free up time to focus on executing the event itself rather than sending emails individually to each attendee. The reports also allow us to communicate registrations to our sales staff efficiently so they are aware at all times who is registered as they promote our events.

Pros

I have been using Cvent for over 2 years now and would recommend it to any company that is looking for a platform to manage events. We utilize it for event webpages, capturing attendee info, reporting, lead scoring for those that attend or participate at our events, OnArrival check in and the supplier network to source venues. There are many more functions of the program that can cater to your company needs and they continue to integrate with additional companies to help in having everything you need within 1 system. Cvent also released a new version of their program called FLEX which allows planners to design their own webages without being knowledged in HTML which has been a lifesaver!

Cons

I think because there are so many ways you can use the software, it takes a little time to figure out what exact configurations you need. It has been a trial and error in creating our events initially, but I think we are finally at a place where our team feels comfortable and confident with the platform and how we set up our events.

Stephanie from Atlas Travel & Technology Group

Robust tool for sending out RFPs, creating and managing event registrations, and proving ROI.

Pros

The RFP tool has made life so much easier when sourcing hotel and putting together proposals. Before cvent all of this was manual, now it is automated and you can review each hotel in one place before you source them. For the event management tool, there are just so many features and widgets that you can use for your events. If booking hotels the registration form can integrate with passkey so the attendee can reserve a room right away. It also integrates with our GDS to our air team has the most up to date requests in their system. The On Arrival suite and the Crowd Compass app are huge time savers for large events. We used the On Arrival suite to check in attendees at a recent event, print their name badges, and confirm their optional activities all in one place and on average it took less than 5 minutes to do all of this. The Crowd Compass app was easy to set up and customize for each event and really streamlined the onsite process for our planners and attendees. I have used the app for a conference I attended as well as for events that I planned. Instead of printing out hundreds of pages (schedules, maps, surveys, so on...) for each person Crowd Compass houses everything an attendee needs. You can upload the event agenda, map of the conference center, you can send notifications about room changes or special pop up events, take real time polls/surveys, and network with the other event attendees through the app.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate and not very intuitive, I frequently find myself searching for the field I need or calling support because I have an issue I can't solve...and I have used the event management tool for over 3 years now, on a regular basis too! The travel module does not integrate well with the rest of the event management models. I am hoping that Flex will solve some of the issues but that will not be completed until Oct. 2018. Reporting is confusing, they offer so many report options which is great but finding the correct report is a challenge. You can create a custom report but again the types you choose from are not intuitive. For example, I recently had to create an air actual report so I chose the report type air actual; however with that report type certain features like airline and the record locator are not available (those fields seem kind of important when pulling a report about flight). I have to select the report type, air actual details, in order for those fields to show.

Emma from PeopleNet

Best in Class Solution - Backed by the Best in Class Team

I inherited our Cvent account when I began at my job nearly 7 years ago and couldn't be more pleased with how much our partnership with them has grown. Through the years they continue to be searching for how to be better, more innovative, always on the look out for the next new thing; all while continuing to keep the focus of the customer top of mind. I am part of the Cvent Advocates program, spoke at the past 3 annual events, presented on dozens of webinars and fostered real friendships with the employees. Cvent feels like an extension of my team, rather than a product or service that we use. I couldn't imagine using a different partner, every so often we have done our due diligence and nothing holds a candle to what Cvent has to offer. If you are willing to put in a little bit of effort, Cvent and its team will match you tenfold and do everything in their power to help make you and your event a success. Thank you, Cvent, for making my job easier.

Pros

It continues to evolve, they don't just make an update and leave it sit for the next big update. Continuous evolution of the product makes it extremely user friendly and offer solutions to issues you didn't even know could be fixed.

Cons

There are parts of the software that do not do everything we would like; some customization and functionality. However, I am able to share my feedback directly with the team and more often than not, within a given amount of time they have placed that item on the road map and it's completed.

SarahEmily from National Consumer Law Center

CVent is both the most unique and innovative option for all your planning needs

Cvent is an incredible platform that, when utilized to its fullest, is a planner's dream. It is possible that you can use it for every step of your planning process starting with venue choice, through budgeting and marketing, and ending with full reporting and broadcasting. It also has multiple platforms built into it that allow your meetings to run smoothly. These include web applications for attendees, quick registration tools, and various ways to track your progress along the way. They also provide integration with their own tools as well as some tools your company/organization may already be using. Throughout the entire process, CVent provides excellent customer support with check-ins that meet your needs/desires. If you'd like them to check in they will and they will also frequently review your account to find ways in which you can better utilize their assistance and products! If you'd rather have a hands-off approach, they're fine with that too.

Pros

I appreciate the many tools that exist within the Cvent system. It's truly remarkable that CVent can help you plan and successfully execute every moment from the first step onwards. They seem to have thought of everything!

Cons

I have found that since they are often attempting to 'do it all', the reporting options through Cvent can often be very cumbersome and leave you sifting through too many options. However, please keep in mind that, if you are lost, they will help!

Max from Hollywood Professional Association

Full Featured Software To Run Events From Start To Finish

CVENT is great for running single or reoccurring events. If you have a lot of the same people coming, the system can remember them to make the process easier depending on how much personal info you collect. If you use other CVENT software, most of it can be linked to make it even easier to make everything seamless from event apps to on site check ins. Some admin items can be hard to find even after using it for a while because of the logic they use to choose what items are under what headings but not a huge issue. If you are using the software to host your event site, it's best if you can code it all because working with their design and coding team can be frustrating. Customer support is very quick to respond and resolve issues but make sure you contact your account manager and general support just in case your account manager is unavailable at the time.

Pros

The integration start to finish can cover anything you need for an event. The software is very robust to allow you to customize for almost any scenario. Registration options are very good for multiple registrations and easy to modify or switch. Customer service is very helpful when you need it.

Cons

Along with the robustness of the software, certain quirks come with it. Some events have a lot of repetitive tasks you have to complete to get it all working properly and some items are hard to find.

Overall, Cvent has been a great tool for our team and I can't imagine our jobs without it.

hours of time saved, real-time data upkeep, travel integration, etc.

Pros

The Cvent software is a data gold mine. The days of manually updating/manipulating spreadsheets are long gone and it can all be done simultaneously in Cvent. It has saved our team hundreds of hours of work.

Cons

One of the things I like least about Cvent is their pricing structure. There are so many features that our team would love to implement to take our events to the next level (Passkey, OnArrival, etc.) but we often struggle with convincing the budget keepers the cost is worth it. For instance, our team is completely on board with OnArrival, but stakeholders question the thousands of dollars it will cost when we can continue to pre-print tags before the event.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. Wed also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, youll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Great Tool for Event builders and planners!

1. Resolve potential last minute issues that may arise onsite 2. Staff has been very productive and prepared to manage attendees 3. Provide enough metrics for admins 4. Easy to adopt by non-technical users

Pros

1. Interactive Features with Crowdcompass that customize the user experiences and engagement in an effective way. It has really helped us with onsite preparedness. 2. Cloning events or creating templates to re-use and make adjustments that saves time 3. CRM integration options have allowed us to have 360 degree customer view across CRM and Cvent. We have also used SSO to link our existing users account at registration websites. 4. Flex events 5. Ability to integrate with supplier network and survey tools

Cons

1.Ways to manage field permissions for users/roles (edit/delete/update) 2.Enforce field validations on account/organization level so that we can maintain data integrity and event planners cannot customize anything and everything at event level 3. 2 way sync through standard integration is not dynamic for custom fields 4. If salesforce has person account enabled, not business account, cvent has no way to accommodate that on contact level during integration. 5. API limit of 10000 is very less for large events

Cvent is a great tool for doing lots of different events

We as a company get a lot of benefit out of this product. It is easy to use and to keep track of lists. Registration is a breeze once set up and it is very easy to collect data and payment. The customer service is great and they are very helpful and responsive.

Pros

Cvent is a great tool when you have lots of small events that need different lists to manage. It makes creating new events from a template very easy and painless. The user interface is very clean and they continually update it to make it better. The reporting features are robust and very easy to use. The customer service are is very responsive and they are very thorough about their follow up.

Cons

I would love easier features when it comes to customizing the event pages. Something like the Squarespace editor for the actual event sites would make it much easier to see what we are creating instead of relying heavily on HTML skills.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. Wed also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, youll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Katherine from University of Colorado

The Best Customer Service Meets Great Event Tech

The ability to scale an event management solution across our large, enterprise program was a huge win for my team!

Pros

Cvent's event management solution has plenty of flexible features that make logistics including registration and session tracking a breeze for busy event planners. Plus, the customer service is second to none. (Seriously, one call to their support line will transform the way that you think about help & support lines.)

Cons

It can take a while to learn the ropes and feel comfortable navigating across the platform. That said, after you get the hang of it, using the event management tool will be like second nature.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Hello Katherine, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. Wed also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, youll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Carl from Capture Marketing

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

CVENT Integrated our Events, Communication and Association Management

We are a multi-client firm that focuses on non-profit association management. Most association management systems have very limited event and communication platforms for the complex clients we have. We focused on getting every client on CVENT for communications and all of our events. This has been great to go into one login and system to manage all clients. We then focused on using CVENT as our association management system utilizing the members only section that can be created and tracking and managing CE's. CVENT has been great for us because everything is housed all together and the integrations are terrific. We can put our clients on CVENT whether they have a small or large budget. When looking at the cost compared to other systems the pricing was comparable, but we were impressed with the options of customer service, online resources and in-person support that are available. I truly see the advances CVENT making that it will be considered a large player in the association management system arena.

Pros

Ability to manage very simple and complex events. Integration of events, communication and association management systems. Client success manager that is assigned to your account is great to navigate best practices.

Cons

Would like to see embedded video on e-Marketing platform.

Marissa from Aimia

Cvent Rocks!

I like Cvent and I think once they release the new responsive decision and advanced reporting it will be even more phenomenal of a company!

Pros

I like that the software is easy to navigate and has a great customer support community in situations where I can't find what I am looking for. I do not often have to reach out to speak to anyone because the information is so readily available for any one to review on their own.

Cons

I wish there was more flexibility for airport arrival and departure fields and the ability to turn of the yes/no toggle buttons at the top of the travel pages while in step mode. While there are easy enough work arounds for either issue, I find it is a constant complaint from most clients that we can not change this. However I understand these issues will be addressed with the updates that are coming down the pipeline!

Shawn from OACAS

Transformed our organization's event management experience.

Saves so much time (and stress). Allows our organization to host more events without having to increase staffing. We are far better able to communicate with our members and get real time feedback on every aspect of our meetings and conferences. They are very happy with the end user experience (i.e. registration).

Pros

It's the total package. From sourcing venues, RFPs, budgeting, marketing, communications, contact management, surveying, event management, graphic design, travel, seating, hotel blocks, you name it, it does it , and does it well. Cvent knows how many hats event planners wear and is with you every step of the way .The icing on the cake is the 24/7 customer support. Competent, professional and free help is always a call or email away. You are in a panic at 3am because you are having trouble figuring something out? Cvent support is there to save the day (I know this because I've been there, done that!).

Cons

It is an investment but the ROI is definitely there. If I had to nitpick, sometimes the HTML editor can be finicky but customer support is there to get it sorted.

Jillianna from ADL

Cvent is the most event management product out there.

Pros

The software is so customizable. It will fit any events needs from inception to post event follow up. With the new interface Flex, its better than ever. It is mobile ready with responsive design and customizable event pages to create professional looking website that rival Wix and Squarespace. And definitely take advantage of the onsite solutions as well as the mobile event apps.

Cons

Its expensive, but you really get what you pay for. Its the best solution out there. Youll save money elsewhere, but youll be compensation the integrity of your event.

Quite the experience

Holds all of our event data and contact information in one platform- easy to refer back to keep branding and expectations consistent

Pros

I like that you have the ability to use this software as an all-encompassing platform - for contact history, event registration and tracking, reporting and data collecting, and survey collection and feedback for next event

Cons

I think that the additional features are starting to have fees attached to them, rather than just a perk for being a current Cvent account holder - which is costly as it is

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Kim from USC - Cultural Relations & University Events

Cvent has made a lot of what we do as Event Planners easier.

The ability to print name badges on site and have the app interact directly with the website, pushing information live to both.

Pros

I like the ability to print name badges on site. Also the updated website building module in Abstract Management made our submission process a lot easier and more fun. CrowdCompass is a great app. I am looking forward to the FLEX update.

Cons

Abstract Management still doesn't have the ability to push through sessions to Event Management. The website building capabilities in Event Management are not great - they look like 90s templates. I know that Cvent is changing this to be more like Abstract with FLEX. CrowdCompass' map does not have the ability to give a user directions to where they need to go. Event-In-A-Box, while great for probably most use cases, included materials we did not need.

Response from Cvent

Replied May 2018

Hi Kim, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that our product has made your life as a planner easier! We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Advocate and appreciate your engagement in that program! Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions or need assistance with anything!

Ted from Northern Virginia Chamber of Commerce

Best event program on the market right now. We use it for all of our companies events.

Pros

Cvent allows you to control all aspects of your event, including registration, email marketing, and billing. It even allows for integration between many CRMs. Our company uses Weblink as our CRM and it integrates perfectly together

Cons

Most of their options for events is a la carte pricing. So sometimes you may not be able to fully utilize what Cvent has to offer due to budgetary constraints.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Hi Ted, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. Wed also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, youll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Nonprofit perspective

Like I said earlier, the people assigned to my account and others that I've met and worked with from Cvent through customer service and also other departments focused on individual modules of the platform are incredible. They are passionate about the work, they are upfront about what could or might not work for our case, and they are true partners.

Pros

Cvent is very easy to explore and use. It offers a great deal of customization and has a plethora of modules to add on that can grow your and your attendees' experience. The customer service is round the clock and everyone is very knowledgeable. The people assigned to your account as well as the custom service folks on the phone are also incredible in helping you work out issues and build on ideas.

Cons

The cost. In a nonprofit getting the business case for putting more money toward something, even if we could really build something strong and grow our attendees' experiences is hard to convince when the contract costs are still fairly high.

Audrey from United Egg Producers

Industry: Farming

Overall Cvent is very helpful when you are a one person circus for events in the office.

Pros

All of the different reporting options and other products that cvent has to offer. I am excited about the new project flex since that will allow for more customization and ability top make every website for registration look unique to its own purpose.

Cons

There are times when I am performing a certain task that the cvent software is not very user friendly. For example when I am viewing all invitess and registrants in order to advance to another page I have to scroll all the way to the bottom and it does not show as an option at the top of page. Also, if I am on page two of the attendee list and click on a name. When I go back it does not take me back to the page it was on, it takes me to the very first page. So when you have 4 pages and on top of that i have to scroll every time to the bottom of the page it is annoying. Also, Cvent does not yet have the capability to do bulk payments or edits when changing a registration type.

Great tool, but complexity results in less adoption

Visibility and supports Duty of Care

Pros

The full 'end to end' solution is the great thing about Cvent, from registering the need for a meeting or event, through to sourcing, event website, attendee invites (with a whole load of functionality) through budgets, on-site management and ROI.

Cons

Cvent is very complex which limits adoption. Inevitably, with such a great end to end solution, complexity is expected, but nevertheless this is the unfortunate downside...

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Wed also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, youll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

User Friendly!

Pros

This software looks like sometime spend time developing it. I use this almost everyday as an administrator, and it is so simple. Easy to add users, edit content, and overall a nice website to have to spend alot of time.

Cons

The customer service department could use some work. Helpful, but with the new integration of systems i feel that they are just looking for more money.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Ryan from Lexis

Effective to use after the learning curve

Pros

I really like where this company has made changes to make the software more user friendly. I have been using this software for 2 years and they have changed and evolved this program to the point where it takes less knowledge of HTML to use and style pages. I really like they have brought everything to one platform that allows any user to create an effective page.

Cons

The program takes some getting use to. A lot of bells and whistles that require one off help; however, their support team handles these issues very well and trains you on them. This being said, they are an "off-shore" support team and they can be difficult to understand at times. There is some limited functionality to the web pages. When building pages for my stakeholders that would like changes made beyond the scope of what the program is designed to do, it creates a situation where I have to explain that the software doesn't work that way. This happens at least once every time I create a page for someone.

Response from Cvent

Replied April 2019

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We're sorry to hear that it's been difficult trying to understand our support team at times. We've shared this feedback with our customer support team to further investigate. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Mayra from IPPFA

CVent helps us make our events successful and has allowed us to go paperless at our conferences.

Many--too many to list! CVent helps the planning process of our events simple.

Pros

The ease of submitting payments online (both checks and credit cards); being able to copy over events and update as you go; having a separate website for each event; having access to customer support in a matter of minutes.

Cons

Searching for attendees can be tricky sometimes (people who had been registered didn't know up on our reports).

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Hello Mayra, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Celebrity and appreciate your participation in this program. Visit the CelebrityHub, http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh, to check out the latest Cvent product updates, learn best practices, take part in beta testing opportunities, and earn cool rewards! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Resource intensive work made easy

All in one place, great event management tools, great for multiple people to work on the same event software.

Pros

Its helped save lots of hours I would normally spend on organising events. The tools that this application have are great, from duplicating events (so you dont have to redo the paperwork) to templates for websites to help promote your event. Its very good.

Cons

Like with all new applications, the initial set up and getting to know the system can be time consuming. But once you get to know it its a very easy application to use.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Lucy from Early Intervention Training Program at the University of Illinois

I struggled with 'user friendly', at first...I've since learned to navigate and am happy with CVENT

The ability to collect data regularly and consistently. To readily access that data. The potential to further collect data significant to our non-for-profit organization. We are far ahead in our ability to create comprehensive reports than we were prior to Cvent The ability to monitor our registration processes with the added assurance of its accuracy. The ability to collaborate with CVENT and PayPal in the events' registration payment processes

Pros

Even at the minimum defaults, the overall presentation of an event is highly professional. As a non-for-profit organization driven by data, the data this system has the potential to collect is phenomenal. The payment process and financial reporting is also easy to use and a huge timesaver. The support services are the absolute best I have experienced.

Cons

Not as intuitive as I expected Registration Types do not auto-alpha when translating from selecting registration types to posting them on the event webpage Would like more options for customizing conference sessions and collecting/reporting the registration data Would also like to see templates for non-for-profit organizations

Cvent is a very good SMM tool overall

Quite a bit. For one, I now feel a lot more comfortable using the tool. Before, we used Lanyon and I felt like I needed a PHD to navigate the toold. Now I'm comfortable with the tool and can quickly access what I need.

Pros

It super easy to submit a meeting rfp. I find the hotel sourcing tool to be very intuitive, efficient and overall all extremely easy to use. I once did it in the time it took my plane to finish boarding. I also like that while sourcing hotels, the system maps them for you. this is really helpful when you are trying to find hotels close to a particular place or another hotel. Like when sourcing overflow hotels.

Cons

I wish we could better manage room blocks. I find people that quickly accessing someone's travel/hotel reservation takes a lot of clicks. I also find it odd that they call it travel and not just hotel reservations or something hotel related. Anyways, it's also hard to quickly find out how many nights someone is staying or create a room list by room nights for determining food counts and particular meeting attendance.

Kassandra from World Council of Credit Unions (WOCCU)

A Complex Platform for Complex Events

Pros

I love that Cvent is constantly improving. They really take feedback seriously and work hard to find solutions to your problems. We have a very complex event, and have found solutions to the vast majority of our issues, and where some solutions were a little sticky at first, updated versions and new features have consistently improved functionality. I have found the support team helpful and while our initial representative was not the greatest, I requested a new rep which was processed quickly, and he has been wonderful.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you require a platform that can handle an event's complexity, I believe this is to be expected. Still, there are a few items that I still don't find intuitive in the interface, but I am confident the release of Cvent Flex will address many of these issues.

Cali from Acton Institute

Cvent has helped our team do its job more efficiently and effectively.

Pros

We use OnArrival for onsite check in. We love it and so do our attendees! You can create templates and/or duplicate old events, so you don't have to create all new events from scratch. This is a big time saver. Custom contact fields and the question libraries are a huge help to keeping things streamlined from event to event. The new update to Flex makes websites and emails so customizable and beautiful. Cvent has great integration capabilities with other tools and CRMs. Custom reports make sure we get exactly the information we need at various points in the event cycle.

Cons

I wish the customer service was a bit better. Everyone is always very kind, but it sometimes takes a while to get a clear response. There are some very specific cases where Cvent is not able to do what we want. We are always able to figure out some kind of work around, it just becomes more complicated or time consuming. It feels like a pretty steep learning curve for new staff.

The ease of use is phenomenal

Pros

I like the ability to build sites that are easy for registrants to navigate. I currently enjoy being able to have real control over the look and feel of my sites.

Cons

I fear with the switch to the Flex platform that I will lose my ability to customize sites. Currently the system is easier to customize and I hope they allow power users to continue to have thar functionality.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Angela from Shire

overall great service

Pros

very robust - there is a tool in their software system for almost anything you need to do. The software looks at the entire event life-cycle . . from inception through completion

Cons

cost - expensive for companies that don't do very many events to afford the full enterprise suite. I work for a company that can afford the full suite, and when i recommend it for use to others who are start-ups or don't do many events, they cannot afford the full suite's features.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Hello Angela, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We also want to thank you for being a Cvent Celebrity and appreciate your participation in this program. Visit the CelebrityHub, http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh, to check out the latest Cvent product updates, learn best practices, take part in beta testing opportunities, and earn cool rewards! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Stacy from Galderma Laboratories, L.P.

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great SMM Tool

We're finding ways to drive our employees and customers to cloud based solutions - no more paper, Excel, etc. This is making it easier to report on all types of data and generally makes us look (and feel) more organized.

Pros

Generally, Cvent is easy to use and has great customer support. As we are all trying to be data driven and move away from Excel, this is a phenomenal tool to start building a depository for attendees, budget, and other event metrics and registration the fuel successful events management.

Cons

Some of the features still seem to be hidden a few layers deep (e.g. 5-6 steps to turn off/on a specific feature). Pricing could also be prohibitive to smaller organizations who still want all the bells and whistle, but I'll reiterate that you have a great team for customer support to try to find a solution that works for you.

Pros & Cons

The one draw back about being a client is that for the most part, you are a small fish and at times, enhancement requests and other complaints often go unheard (or at least it feels that way). They are spending a lot on acquisitions and expanding their business model but I wish they would really work on allocating resources to enhancements of their core product which is online registration.

Pros

Consolidation of multiple solutions into a single tool. Having the app integrated with the website is beautiful - makes life so much easier. The new Flex system has given us the potential to grow and scale technology company-wide, which we could never have done with our old solutions.

Cons

The 'old style' registration shows its age, design-wise and functionally. There are some times when the system takes a long time to 'process' - it seems to be much slower than you would consider acceptable anywhere else in your life. The rollout of the new Flex system has come with ups and downs but I remain hopeful for what the future has to bring!

Great value, lots of customization

Pros

It is very customizable! You are able to edit everything and program it according to your event and theme.

Cons

It is time consuming and can be overwhelming with all of the options. It takes a bit of learning to get familiar with all of the software.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

clean, organized, easy to use

Pros

features galore reporting is awesome love that we can customize website with html/css session scheduling and room blocks are easy to manage

Cons

sometimes amount of features is daunting cannot rearrange registration flow at this time user privilege limitations are not extensive enough

Response from Cvent

Replied May 2018

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent's Event Management solution. We are happy to hear that you love using this product and that you've found our reporting and customization features valuable! We'd like to take this opportunity to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Advocates. It's a great way to learn from other Cvent users, learn about new Cvent products, take part in beta testing opportunities, and earn rewards! To learn more, visit: http://bit.ly/2H1G79j Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions or need help with anything!

Rachel from TraceGains, Inc

TraceGains Cvent Review

We were trying to automate the events, emails communication as well as build a sleek, intuitive site to impress customers. We accomplished this with registration and the app. It helped cut down on back and forth communication and allowed us look professional for our attendees.

Pros

I liked that the registration site was pretty intuitive to build and it integrated seamlessly with the CrowdCompass app. The customer support is amazing too!

Cons

Some of the functionality wasn't fully implemented when we bought it, so it was unfortunate to have to work around that. Also, some of the email functions don't work on different browsers.

Morgan from Zemax, LLC

Essential for any event team

Pros

The ease of use with the implementation of Cvent Flex is a game changer. No longer do you need to know HTML in order to create a beautiful, on brand, event registration site.

Cons

Account managers aren't always the most attentive if you don't have a huge contract with Cvent.

Michelle from Church of the Nazarene, Inc.

Could be more intuitive, but excellent customer service!

That being said, the experience has, overall, been a positive one. Having taken over the Cvent duties in our building after years of it being shuffled around to whoever had some time to spare, I've been pleased with the improvements the Cvent system has allowed us to make to new and existing events -- making them much sleeker and straightforward from the attendee's perspective. While I don't use Flex a ton yet due to limitations of not-yet-released features, I think it has great potential to become that intuitive/user-friendly platform I'd like to see it become, especially if Cvent continues doing what it does well -- listening and responding to its customer base.

Pros

For the most part, Cvent Event Management can do what you need for most events. Cvent's customer service is the true star -- they are very responsive and provide clear, concise answers on every support request.

Cons

It could definitely be more intuitive/user-friendly. There's quite a lot of, "in order to make this one thing work, you have to go here, here, and here, check that box, select this dropdown..." There is *usually* a way to make Cvent do what you need it to; sometimes, it just takes a bit of hoop-jumping to get there.

Barbara from Dex Media

Great Sourcing Tool

Very intuitive and saved mucho time for our sourcing team. We are able to administer it and have about 15 people in the field working closely with us to source most effectively.

Pros

The great inventory selection. Love the maps and filters. Like the information showing the meeting space offerings and the age of the venue and information such as last renovation. Really like the comparison reporting.

Cons

Wish we had access to Trip advisor so I can review recent reviews and ratings for lodging when I'm booking meetings that require lodging. Cumbersome to jump back and forth between CVENT and Trip Advisor. Imperative that our employees feel comfortable and safe with the lodging choices. Ratings for cvent venues do not necessarily mirror lodging ratings. Lodging drives my choice for the meeting venues when lodging is also required.

Cvent Has Many Pros and Some Cons

I use Cvent daily! Regardless of the meeting size (10 attendees vs 100), Cvent is crucial for my industry. It allows me to do everything from blast out invites, to submit air requests.

Pros

Cvent really is the one stop shop for event management. It allows you to do virtually everything in terms of planning a meeting or event, inviting attendees, registration, booking hotel and flights, etc. It is an essential tool for any event professional!

Cons

The new Cvent Flex is not very user-friendly, because it is so incredibly different from the original Cvent. Invitees have been having a really difficult time adjusting to the new layout and registration process, as certain features has been moved or removed completely. I do however like the updated look of the event websites.

I've used Cvent in a few different capacities over the years. Very easy to use.

Pros

It' is easy to use and easy to understand the basics to get the job done. You really can't make a huge mistake that can't be fixed or changed.

Cons

Honestly I can't say right now that there is anything I like least. Wish there were maybe a few more ways to sort venues.

Response from Cvent

Replied July 2018

Maly from Pilates Method Alliance

Cvent is amazing - makes event planning so easy and seamless!

Best way to organize an event and get the registration going.

Pros

ease to use/ customer support. I also enjoy having an account manager assigned to our company. She is my go-to person for everything and if she doesnt know the answer, she will find out who does and get back to me.

Cons

back end is a bit hard to navigate, have to go thru many screens to get to where you need to be at times.

Response from Cvent

Replied April 2018

Hi Maly, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are happy to hear your account manager has been an excellent and supportive resource for you. We are also thrilled to hear you'd recommend Cvent to a friend. We also want to thank you for being a loyal Cvent Advocate and appreciate your engagement in our rewards program! Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you have further questions/comments or need assistance with anything!