What are Cvent Event Management users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Cvent Event Management software through verified user reviews

• icon"This software is great because I can submit proposals and save information that I repeatedly enter for multiple proposals."
  • icon"The ability to use different search criteria and the number of destination represented is outstanding."
  • icon"Account managers are well-versed in the product, full of best practices, and great to work with."
  • icon"The only downside I see currently is the cost. It is a little more expensive than as a team we would prefer, but you get what you pay for."
  • icon"The convoluted process to do many tasks within the platform is frustrating for everyone (literally everyone) in our organization who has used it for the past six years."
  • icon"The software can be a costly option compared to others in the marketplace and therefore prohibitive for some organizations."

Browse all Cvent Event Management Reviews

• Have you used Cvent Event Management and would like to share your experience with others?

Joe

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

March 2022

Event planning made simple

Chelsea

Cvent Event Management Review by User of 5+ Years

Meetings, Board Meetings, Annual Conferences, International Symposiums, Workshops, etc.

Pros

Cvent Event management is constantly evolving with their customers at the forefront of their changes and always keeping customer needs on their mind. The customer support is amazing. There are client service specialists on-all 24/7 and they even have an option for chatting in the Support Center if you aren't able to speak over the phone. I also love the fact that the technologies are constantly changing and staying up-to-date.

Cons

I dislike the shift in focus and functionality of the new Flex event builder in comparison to Classic Events because it is less focused on advanced features and capabilities, which my team depends on, and is more focused on design and ease of use for ALL customers.

Danial

March 2022

Great tool for Planning and Managing Events (Including Virtual Events)

At a reasonable and appropriate cost, we were able to use Cvent as our professional Event planning consultant, which enabled us to deliver the events we organize to safety and achieve maximum benefit. Cvent also made it easy to switch from real to virtual events and supported global expansion, where we could invite a group to a superbly organized virtual gathering.

Pros

Cvent is a great tool for planning events of various sizes, including virtual ones. Events are better with Cvent. It forces you to pay attention to the slightest details so your guests have a memorable event. Cvent imports contacts, connects with numerous programs, and allows you to create guest lists with simple operations. You can also create a web page for the event, add payment links to buy tickets and reserve seating for paid events, and Cvent keeps track of all of that for you, so you know who has confirmed attendance and how many seats have been reserved. I also use it to arrange virtual events, sending out invitations and planning the program and themes of discussion. I also like how event logs are recorded and archived on the cloud for easy access.

Cons

Nothing we can say, Cvent is simple to use for everyone, regardless of their interests or business, and it does its job well. Notably, help is provided 24/7, which simplifies use and boosts user efficiency.

Max

Extremely powerful event management tool that is also extremely complicated to use.

Using CVENT has overall saved a lot of time from beginning to end for our more complicated events but for smaller, simple events there are much better tools available. The features and robust ability make it worth it when we do use it but it is almost always with some drawbacks. I've used a lot of different event management software over the years and they all have pros and cons so the fact that I am now using and plan to continue using CVENT says something but I will reiterate that anyone considering it should take a deep look at the features and determine if they really need something so complicated before committing. The promising thing is they are developing a new back end that should simplify and enhance everything they have so far. The new software is currently available as a beta so we will see how it goes.

Pros

In the end, you can accomplish pretty much whatever you need to with CVENT. The integration with other tools like onsite event management and app tools make it very useful. Being able to integrate a registration, website, app, database and onsite check in is extremely convenient and time saving. Customer service, while not always the most knowledgeable, they are easy to contact and will help solve most issues very quickly.

Cons

The way the back end is laid out is very confusing. There are related settings under different headings and to make one change in a registration item means you have to change things in many different places. A lot of testing, experience and trial and error is required to fine tune things to work correctly. The look of the event websites you can create with it is very limited and dated. Since the software is so complicated, it is very hard to find someone even on their own customer support team that knows how to do everything. There have been many cases where our own team had to figure out solutions that CVENT could not help us with.

Wonderful Event Management Software

I truly enjoy working with Cvent. For event management, it is worth the cost to streamline the work. For reporting with a large team it makes it so easy to pull budgets, event status's, who is working on what, etc.

Pros

There is a reason Cvent has dominated the industry. As a meeting planner, cvent has saved me tons of time with sourcing venues, managing budget, reconcilation, and organizing my events. This software is very streamline and makes it extremely easy to keep track of your status for each event. The sourcing feature is my favorite. We only have to enter the information one time and can click as many hotels as we want and send a mass RFP out. The hotels can also respond within cvent so you can pull one report with all of the responses.

Cons

It is very linear. For some of the tasks you have to click 5-6 times to get to the status change you need. I wish the software had more shortcuts to certain tasks.

Kassandra

A Complex Platform for Complex Events

Pros

I love that Cvent is constantly improving. They really take feedback seriously and work hard to find solutions to your problems. We have a very complex event, and have found solutions to the vast majority of our issues, and where some solutions were a little sticky at first, updated versions and new features have consistently improved functionality. I have found the support team helpful and while our initial representative was not the greatest, I requested a new rep which was processed quickly, and he has been wonderful.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve, but if you require a platform that can handle an event's complexity, I believe this is to be expected. Still, there are a few items that I still don't find intuitive in the interface, but I am confident the release of Cvent Flex will address many of these issues.

Stephanie

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

April 2022

Cvent is the gold standard

It hasn't been seamless but we have a large volume of events being managed and I would 1000% NOT want to go back to the old way we did things. This makes things seamless, integrates well w other capabilities and I think is user friendly once you are comfortable w the platform.

Pros

OnArrival changed the way we do meetings for the better.

Cons

Some features are nit customizable even w an RFP so it doesn't always fit our business need but there are workarounds.

Na

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

Our original was custom built internally and very outdated. Would take days to make simple updates. And we didn't have just one platform, different brands were using different ones. This brought it all together and streamlined things

Very user friendly

Pros

The integration was very easy and the event designer is very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes there are options that are not readily apparent that you need to enabke or disable them for your event to be set up correctly.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

Newer and more integrated software

Missy

Non-Profit CVENT review

Pros

We are a small team and CVENT serves as a "staff member" to help take a lot of the burden off with it's automation of the registration process.

Cons

I am not fond of the new layout - I think some features could be improved to make it more use-friendly.

Response from Cvent

Thanks for sharing your feedback, Missy. Your review helps us to improve the experience for everyone.

Replied May 2022

Nikeeta

Event Management for Higher Ed

Overall experience has been great. It has helped us create intuitive registration process for incoming undergraduate and graduate students

Pros

The overall ease of designing registration process and reporting.

Cons

Restrictions on several parameters setting, static email audience, guest email tracking report and frequently retiring product features.

May 2022

Expensive, but great overall platform for full scale event management

Pros

Website design is easy, easy to get people to register and set up reporting, parked reports is a great feature. Ability to integrate if needed for onsite badge printing and mobile app.

Cons

Some things are clunky, wish there was more design flexibility with the site that didn't require having to pay for a designer service to access back end features, sometimes too many steps to set up some basic things

Michele

My Right Hand

There is someone always available to help. There is a 24/7 support team. All my requests are tracked, attended to, followed up with. They are very attentive, helpful, knowledgable, and extremely polilte.

Pros

DMA’s issues before Cvent were: not knowing where to search for venues, taking so much time to gather and distribute information, no ability to break out registration types or have sessions, no way to link to our CRM. Everything was manually created and manually managed which was very analog, time consuming and disorganized. This became an increasing problem as we went from 10 events a year to 40 with only one person managing everything. Now with Cvent we can handle all of our event needs within one platform. From the start of the event request from our stakeholders using the event request form, venue sourcing, event website, event emails, event attendance check-in/tracking, virtual platform integration, evaluations and CRM integration. It now has an access portal so non-user stakeholders can access important event information.

Cons

This software is not cheap. However, cheap things are not good and good things are not cheap. Cvent is always trying to enhance the platform. Unfortunately, some enhancements take time to build.

Reasons for choosing Cvent Event Management

We felt that this software platform would meet all of our event/webinar/roundtable/meeting needs, which it does.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

We needed a more robust software platform and one that would integrate with our CRM.

Lindsay

Cven Event Management Review

We finally have a program where attendees can look over a webpage with all event info and register easily, so our attendee experience has definitely improved. We are also able to send auto follow up emails to all registered attendees allowing us to send registration confirmations, event reminders, cancellations, etc. which has allowed the planners to free up time to focus on executing the event itself rather than sending emails individually to each attendee. The reports also allow us to communicate registrations to our sales staff efficiently so they are aware at all times who is registered as they promote our events.

Pros

I have been using Cvent for over 2 years now and would recommend it to any company that is looking for a platform to manage events. We utilize it for event webpages, capturing attendee info, reporting, lead scoring for those that attend or participate at our events, OnArrival check in and the supplier network to source venues. There are many more functions of the program that can cater to your company needs and they continue to integrate with additional companies to help in having everything you need within 1 system. Cvent also released a new version of their program called FLEX which allows planners to design their own webages without being knowledged in HTML which has been a lifesaver!

Cons

I think because there are so many ways you can use the software, it takes a little time to figure out what exact configurations you need. It has been a trial and error in creating our events initially, but I think we are finally at a place where our team feels comfortable and confident with the platform and how we set up our events.

Stephanie

Robust tool for sending out RFPs, creating and managing event registrations, and proving ROI.

Pros

The RFP tool has made life so much easier when sourcing hotel and putting together proposals. Before cvent all of this was manual, now it is automated and you can review each hotel in one place before you source them. For the event management tool, there are just so many features and widgets that you can use for your events. If booking hotels the registration form can integrate with passkey so the attendee can reserve a room right away. It also integrates with our GDS to our air team has the most up to date requests in their system. The On Arrival suite and the Crowd Compass app are huge time savers for large events. We used the On Arrival suite to check in attendees at a recent event, print their name badges, and confirm their optional activities all in one place and on average it took less than 5 minutes to do all of this. The Crowd Compass app was easy to set up and customize for each event and really streamlined the onsite process for our planners and attendees. I have used the app for a conference I attended as well as for events that I planned. Instead of printing out hundreds of pages (schedules, maps, surveys, so on...) for each person Crowd Compass houses everything an attendee needs. You can upload the event agenda, map of the conference center, you can send notifications about room changes or special pop up events, take real time polls/surveys, and network with the other event attendees through the app.

Cons

It is difficult to navigate and not very intuitive, I frequently find myself searching for the field I need or calling support because I have an issue I can't solve...and I have used the event management tool for over 3 years now, on a regular basis too! The travel module does not integrate well with the rest of the event management models. I am hoping that Flex will solve some of the issues but that will not be completed until Oct. 2018. Reporting is confusing, they offer so many report options which is great but finding the correct report is a challenge. You can create a custom report but again the types you choose from are not intuitive. For example, I recently had to create an air actual report so I chose the report type air actual; however with that report type certain features like airline and the record locator are not available (those fields seem kind of important when pulling a report about flight). I have to select the report type, air actual details, in order for those fields to show.

Emma

Best in Class Solution - Backed by the Best in Class Team

I inherited our Cvent account when I began at my job nearly 7 years ago and couldn't be more pleased with how much our partnership with them has grown. Through the years they continue to be searching for how to be better, more innovative, always on the look out for the next new thing; all while continuing to keep the focus of the customer top of mind. I am part of the Cvent Advocates program, spoke at the past 3 annual events, presented on dozens of webinars and fostered real friendships with the employees. Cvent feels like an extension of my team, rather than a product or service that we use. I couldn't imagine using a different partner, every so often we have done our due diligence and nothing holds a candle to what Cvent has to offer. If you are willing to put in a little bit of effort, Cvent and its team will match you tenfold and do everything in their power to help make you and your event a success. Thank you, Cvent, for making my job easier.

Pros

It continues to evolve, they don't just make an update and leave it sit for the next big update. Continuous evolution of the product makes it extremely user friendly and offer solutions to issues you didn't even know could be fixed.

Cons

There are parts of the software that do not do everything we would like; some customization and functionality. However, I am able to share my feedback directly with the team and more often than not, within a given amount of time they have placed that item on the road map and it's completed.

SarahEmily

CVent is both the most unique and innovative option for all your planning needs

Cvent is an incredible platform that, when utilized to its fullest, is a planner's dream. It is possible that you can use it for every step of your planning process starting with venue choice, through budgeting and marketing, and ending with full reporting and broadcasting. It also has multiple platforms built into it that allow your meetings to run smoothly. These include web applications for attendees, quick registration tools, and various ways to track your progress along the way. They also provide integration with their own tools as well as some tools your company/organization may already be using. Throughout the entire process, CVent provides excellent customer support with check-ins that meet your needs/desires. If you'd like them to check in they will and they will also frequently review your account to find ways in which you can better utilize their assistance and products! If you'd rather have a hands-off approach, they're fine with that too.

Pros

I appreciate the many tools that exist within the Cvent system. It's truly remarkable that CVent can help you plan and successfully execute every moment from the first step onwards. They seem to have thought of everything!

Cons

I have found that since they are often attempting to 'do it all', the reporting options through Cvent can often be very cumbersome and leave you sifting through too many options. However, please keep in mind that, if you are lost, they will help!

Max

Full Featured Software To Run Events From Start To Finish

CVENT is great for running single or reoccurring events. If you have a lot of the same people coming, the system can remember them to make the process easier depending on how much personal info you collect. If you use other CVENT software, most of it can be linked to make it even easier to make everything seamless from event apps to on site check ins. Some admin items can be hard to find even after using it for a while because of the logic they use to choose what items are under what headings but not a huge issue. If you are using the software to host your event site, it's best if you can code it all because working with their design and coding team can be frustrating. Customer support is very quick to respond and resolve issues but make sure you contact your account manager and general support just in case your account manager is unavailable at the time.

Pros

The integration start to finish can cover anything you need for an event. The software is very robust to allow you to customize for almost any scenario. Registration options are very good for multiple registrations and easy to modify or switch. Customer service is very helpful when you need it.

Cons

Along with the robustness of the software, certain quirks come with it. Some events have a lot of repetitive tasks you have to complete to get it all working properly and some items are hard to find.

Cvent in a K-12 World

Our school can now offer transparency when accepting money for events. We have improved our communication with our participants. We have streamlined our check-in procedures for our events. Our parents love the event emails that we send out. Our administration loves the data we are able to collect.

Pros

The Cvent platform saved graduation! Our K-12 school operates in an ever-evolving atmosphere, and Cvent allowed us to pivot on a dime during the pandemic. We were able to grant a better than expected graduation experience to the Class of 2020 through the help of Cvent and Crowd Compass. We have upped our game in communicating with our participants registering several devices. We are kicking off the new school year with season ticket passes for sale through Cvent. We just finished up an elementary summer camp that consisted of over 113 different camp sessions. Our event manager was able to keep track of 5 additional weeks of camps with over 113 sessions and 325 registrants. She loved the flexibility of OnArrival because she was able to register walk-ups on site.

Cons

We are stretching the platform further than the platform can perform. We have minor children without email addresses, and that tends to confuse the parents who are trying to register these children for our events.

Overall, Cvent has been a great tool for our team and I can't imagine our jobs without it.

hours of time saved, real-time data upkeep, travel integration, etc.

Pros

The Cvent software is a data gold mine. The days of manually updating/manipulating spreadsheets are long gone and it can all be done simultaneously in Cvent. It has saved our team hundreds of hours of work.

Cons

One of the things I like least about Cvent is their pricing structure. There are so many features that our team would love to implement to take our events to the next level (Passkey, OnArrival, etc.) but we often struggle with convincing the budget keepers the cost is worth it. For instance, our team is completely on board with OnArrival, but stakeholders question the thousands of dollars it will cost when we can continue to pre-print tags before the event.

Response from Cvent

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We appreciate your candid feedback and have shared it with our product team. Your feedback is invaluable as we are always looking for ways to improve our current offerings. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Gladys

Be prepared for a 180 degree experience with Cvent's Event Management solution.

Cvent's event management software saves countless man hours and potential marketing costs.

Pros

Cvent's Event Management solution truly automates your meetings & events marketing, registration and check-in processes. Upload your attendees with from an Excel or CSV file. Create and send save the date, registration open, reminder emails and practically anything else you can think of to effectively market your meetings & events. Check your registration numbers at-a-glance. Run reports to see who registered, who didn't, and even who is possibly thinking about it with the abandoned registrations feature. My favorite tool is OnArrival (event check-in). Put those days behind you of paper tickets, attendee checklists, and long lines & chaos at the registration table. Upon arrival, your attendees check-in on an iPad, or you can scan them with a mobile device, and look cutting edge while doing it!!!

Cons

I would say that Cvent's Event Management platform, like any other tech platform, has a learning curve a moderate one. Setting up my first event was challenging even with training. To my surprise, setting up my second event was even more challenging. Partly because I challenged myself to create vs. copy (feature) my second event from scratch. Due to the platform's many, and I do mean many, features and functionality, I found it difficult to remember all the steps (menu navigation) to create an event. Undeterred, I contacted Cvent's Customer Support (really Customer Care as they go the mile for you) to help me create my second event. For the second time around, I worked smarter and documented all the steps. I can honestly say, it's been smooth sailing ever since! If I run into a snag or have a question, I contact Customer Support or look to my Cvent Community for help. There are many meetings & events solutions out there, but it's hard to beat one of the first and best to market! Stop searching and give Cvent a try.

Great Tool for Event builders and planners!

1. Resolve potential last minute issues that may arise onsite 2. Staff has been very productive and prepared to manage attendees 3. Provide enough metrics for admins 4. Easy to adopt by non-technical users

Pros

1. Interactive Features with Crowdcompass that customize the user experiences and engagement in an effective way. It has really helped us with onsite preparedness. 2. Cloning events or creating templates to re-use and make adjustments that saves time 3. CRM integration options have allowed us to have 360 degree customer view across CRM and Cvent. We have also used SSO to link our existing users account at registration websites. 4. Flex events 5. Ability to integrate with supplier network and survey tools

Cons

1.Ways to manage field permissions for users/roles (edit/delete/update) 2.Enforce field validations on account/organization level so that we can maintain data integrity and event planners cannot customize anything and everything at event level 3. 2 way sync through standard integration is not dynamic for custom fields 4. If salesforce has person account enabled, not business account, cvent has no way to accommodate that on contact level during integration. 5. API limit of 10000 is very less for large events

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

It was complex and not easy to be adopted by non-technical users.

Cvent is a great tool for doing lots of different events

We as a company get a lot of benefit out of this product. It is easy to use and to keep track of lists. Registration is a breeze once set up and it is very easy to collect data and payment. The customer service is great and they are very helpful and responsive.

Pros

Cvent is a great tool when you have lots of small events that need different lists to manage. It makes creating new events from a template very easy and painless. The user interface is very clean and they continually update it to make it better. The reporting features are robust and very easy to use. The customer service are is very responsive and they are very thorough about their follow up.

Cons

I would love easier features when it comes to customizing the event pages. Something like the Squarespace editor for the actual event sites would make it much easier to see what we are creating instead of relying heavily on HTML skills.

Response from Cvent

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Lesley

CVENT, Worth the Money

Overall it's been a great working relationship. There are so many tools at your fingers with Cvent it's often overwhelming but the customer support team is great at pointing you to the right articles, assisting with questions and helping customers troubleshoot.

Pros

I love the ease and the customer service. For the most part you can always get support and for a cost anything you want. The fact that Cvent has all the elements of an event within their system is great. It's really a one stop shop.

Cons

I love the next FLEX path, but I do wish some of the old classic features would have been available from the start. This was bound to happen but it made us have to make some decisions. I also wish there was a way to link 3rd pary payment servers on the back end so you are not having to refund in one place and then manually adjusting in another.

Reasons for choosing Cvent Event Management

Overall we felt Cvent was a shaper program. We also already had a contract with Social Tables and Cvent had recently acquired them.

Reasons for switching to Cvent Event Management

Cvent actually bought them out and the product was no longer offered.

Katherine

The Best Customer Service Meets Great Event Tech

The ability to scale an event management solution across our large, enterprise program was a huge win for my team!

Pros

Cvent's event management solution has plenty of flexible features that make logistics including registration and session tracking a breeze for busy event planners. Plus, the customer service is second to none. (Seriously, one call to their support line will transform the way that you think about help & support lines.)

Cons

It can take a while to learn the ropes and feel comfortable navigating across the platform. That said, after you get the hang of it, using the event management tool will be like second nature.

Response from Cvent

Hello Katherine, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience using Cvent! We take great pride in our client support services and are happy to hear they've been a valuable resource for you. We¿d also like to tell you more about our loyalty program, Cvent Celebrity. As a Celebrity, you¿ll have opportunities to take part in beta testing, be the first to know about new Cvent products and events, learn best practices, and earn cool rewards! To learn more about Cvent Celebrity and to join, visit http://bit.ly/2IuDlXh Please do not hesitate to reach out to us should you have any questions or need any assistance!

Carl

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

CVENT Integrated our Events, Communication and Association Management

We are a multi-client firm that focuses on non-profit association management. Most association management systems have very limited event and communication platforms for the complex clients we have. We focused on getting every client on CVENT for communications and all of our events. This has been great to go into one login and system to manage all clients. We then focused on using CVENT as our association management system utilizing the members only section that can be created and tracking and managing CE's. CVENT has been great for us because everything is housed all together and the integrations are terrific. We can put our clients on CVENT whether they have a small or large budget. When looking at the cost compared to other systems the pricing was comparable, but we were impressed with the options of customer service, online resources and in-person support that are available. I truly see the advances CVENT making that it will be considered a large player in the association management system arena.

Pros

Ability to manage very simple and complex events. Integration of events, communication and association management systems. Client success manager that is assigned to your account is great to navigate best practices.

Cons

Would like to see embedded video on e-Marketing platform.

Cvent Event Management